Speaker 1: The pickup. Welcome, it is Brits, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse Rushian. This Father's Day for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices chemist Warehouse and they'll give you a great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Ask arm cut, So ask arm cut is a show favorite. We do it every week here at the pickup. It's where you guys.
Speaker 1: You're calling.
Speaker 2: You give us your deepest, darkest, biggest problems and even if we might not have the skills, we'll do her absolute best to answer that.
Speaker 1: We'll give it a shot. We've got Lea on thirteen one O sixty five. Hi, Leah, what's your issue? How can we help?
Speaker 3: Hi? So I found the perfect man, but he doesn't really get along with my friends.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, see me.
Speaker 3: They've spent some time together. It's always just really awkward. And every time I talk to him about it, asked, he just says that they're a bit weird.
Speaker 4: Okay, So when you say it's awkward, is it awkward because he's just disinterested, could and careless back getting to know them he's bored? Or is it awkward because he has made it abundantly clear he does.
Speaker 3: Not like I'm really unsure to tell, but when I've talked to him about it, he's just he gets a bit quiet about it all whenever he's around them, when he talks, it just seems to come out as really judgmental when he does actually think.
Speaker 1: Them, wella is it mutual? So does he say, God, babe, your friends are weed and do they talk to you going, hey, your boyfriend's a bit weird? Or is it one sided?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's it's very much mutual. I think they both have come to just not get along and don't like spending any time together.
Speaker 2: So what do you I mean when you do go out as a group, Like, what does he do? Does he just purposely not speak to them? Did he not put any effort in at the start?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I think a bit of context around it is so important because it's a massive red flag to have a partner who just doesn't like any of your friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought if they spend a bit of time together they would be okay. But it's kind of been this way from the beginning where he's he's naturally a pretty quiet person, but I think when he does speak, they tend to take it the wrong way. I think they just don't know him the way I know him.
Speaker 4: All Right, here's a question. If you have to choose between your friends or your boyfriend, who you pick in.
Speaker 3: I can't choose.
Speaker 4: Well, You're gonna have to figure something out. It's so important to have them all in the same room and the same function and events, and everyone in your life get along. I think it's worryingly isolating when you have a partner who doesn't like your friends, And especially if you've had boyfriends in the past and your friends have always gotten along with them. If you all of a sudden have someone in your life who your friends don't like and he doesn't like them, I think it's a pretty big litmus for the fact that maybe there is something wrong there. And the fact that he's not putting in any effort. To me, that's a huge red flag because your friends have your best interest at heart.
Speaker 2: They want you to be happy. So for me, I'm like, he should be trying and turning around and just being like it's because they're weird. I don't want to put in any effort for me. That's a red flag about the partner.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it's amazing, yahag I think would Julia, And I'm not putting this back on you because I think he's a grown ass man. He can make a conversation totally. But is there any way maybe he's got to be a social anxiety. Anyway you can bring him in a little more. Maybe because I've been in relationships in the past where I felt my ex hasn't integrated me well enough into the friend group, because it can be awkward and intimidating to come into a partner's friend group.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're a really close group. So I'm thinking maybe what I need to do is make him more comfortable, or maybe do an activity that's more in his.
Speaker 4: Fourte twister play twister group twist, I'd be having some big conversations with him.
Speaker 2: I think if he can't try and put in some effort around your friends, I think that that's a really big that's for me. Is it's a big, big red flat.
Speaker 1: I agree, Lea, all right, I hope that helps listen. If you want to go to the Pickup dot com dot au very exciting announcement, We're giving away tickets to our Life Uncut Live show on the Pickup website.
Speaker 2: Yes, but if you want to, if you want to find it more. Go follow the socials at the pickup as well. But we're going to be giving away quite a few tickets to you lucky listeners to come see us a lot.
Speaker 1: That's right, and the next ask on cut call we have on next week, we'll give a double pass two Just check you get a pass and brick because you've got them in your pocket. Are you okay to be the one that gives it to them?
Speaker 4: I would love to be the one that gives it to them.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Well, that's next week, and go to the pick up socials. Make sure you're following the pickup socials for all the gosts.
Speaker 2: Now, I know a lot of you know that it's bookweek happening. If you're a mum, you will be very well aware. And I have a story that I think you are going to relate to because I had the biggest bookwek parenting fail all right, next on the pickup