Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right, this is exciting. We are now moving this year into an area maybe we should be moving into. But luckily we've got actual professionals who are going to make the bit for us. It's just our job to try and come up with the idea and come up with the name as well. So yesterday on the show that we said, since Jack and I came back two weeks ago to do a show, we want to do something or all the bush fires that were going on when so many of you were doing whatever you could, we want to do our small thing, which was just doing this the radio show. And then when we departed, we said, let's keep thinking. Let's come back to the show with something, with an idea that we can try and raise much need of funds for the bushfire relief here in Victoria. And so the idea we've come up with is a bit a fundraising beer. And the great news is Hawker's, a independent brewery. They stepped up when we asked them last week could they hop out with they be interested. They have leapt at this so much so that off their own back, you know, they're not making any money in this off their own, but they ran Dan Murphy and b WS and they are going to be stocking it, so it'd be available in two forms. First film is in can so you're buying four packs or if you want to go for the whole case of sixteen then we'd love to do that. Six hundred and fifty sixteen pack cases are going to be made and then one hundred and fifty cakes. Those are the ones that we going to pubs, and we need you to ask your locals, your pubs to get in touch with us to see if they want a keg. Thank you very much to the Grosvenor Hotel here in SKilda or doing that just around down the road from us, the London Tavern Richmond, thank you very much. And the Cooper's in where we did our late night show last year. They've signed up to do it as well. So if any pubs or you know any pubs that want to do that, ask them to get in touch with us. But the big thing we need by the end of to my show is a name. The rest of it we can all put into place. So the name, before you even pitch us your name, you just need to imagine that you're going into a pub all right, and you're asking for this so far, I've asked you out to wipe write down all the ones we've had so far, and I post it note and I'll put them up on the window here.
Speaker 3: Can I just say I haven't done any editing, So even the ones we didn't like, you up on that window on post it.
Speaker 2: Now you pick up the second row. Pick up the second row. Jack, going from left to right. What have we got so far?
Speaker 3: Gold Relief, Couda Brew, Ozzie Phoenix, Gippsland, Gold, Nice, Amber Relief, Pure Relief, Tears for Cheers, Life Saver, First Aid, Golden Hands, True Brew, Firi's Frothies and Bushy's Gold. And that's maybe ten percent of the names that we got yesterday. Selection of came in yesterday after the show. Gold Hotpants that came from Jenny made us love Jenny. Thank you very much for that. Macon in Sweden listening to the show, thank you very much. She would love to order a keg to make it to Scandinavia. I don't know what the posters would be on that a lot, but he's chipping in doing your bit.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Maker Hot Heroes, those who hoes like that one and radio brew. Thank you very much for that, Christian. What about triple f fearless, fieries frothy, Thank you very much, Hammond. Also Xena rejuvenate. She's also put the the dictionary definition here a verb to feel younger, better and more vital. A bit to rejuvenate the town center. Thank you very much. To Bruno. It was in the car yesterday with his three kids. They're fourteen, twelve, and ten. His fourteen year old daughter Mia, we're so move what we're time to do? And she wants to become when she grows up with Jim of that the phrase when I grow up, I want to do this so lovely. She wants to be a graphic designer. She's already started to do some designs.
Speaker 4: Oh that's really good.
Speaker 2: Bless you me, and these are really really great. You're obviously hugely chanted. Gonna be a megastar, Christian, lovely, have you back? What about the beer name?
Speaker 1: Three cheers?
Speaker 4: Don't mind that.
Speaker 2: That's a nice positive one as well. Let's go into the lines right now. See what ideas you've got, Mirinda, Good morning days, Hello again, Christian, here you go, Yes, yeah, I'm good and what's the name for the beer? What's your idea?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 2: Thanks for caring name?
Speaker 5: Second name me up?
Speaker 2: I like it, okay, put me out?
Speaker 4: It's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been polite for twenty twenty. All right then, thank you very much. You put him through. Joe.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: How are you. I'm good, buddy. Don't even write that one down. Oh you have it on the post.
Speaker 4: I'm writing them all down if it gets putting me out?
Speaker 2: All right, Joe, what have you got for us?
Speaker 1: Caangarbrew one O four.
Speaker 2: Caanger Brew one four. Nice. Thank you very much, Kangarbrew. Joe, have a good day. Thanks for calling. Tracy.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: How are you. I'm good, Tracy. I hope you're well. Thanks for calling the show. All right, the beer? What do you reckon? I've got a name in a jingle for you, Christian. Yeah, see, Tracy, you're right. We're gonna need a classic radio jingle once we land on the name. So you you ready start to do some work for us. Let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Okay, the name Bushfire Beer and the jingle sip it, slam it scarlllet do it your way and down your day.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's very good. Once more than do it again for us. Ship it, slam it, scallet do it your way and cool down your day. That's awesome, Tracy, very very good. Thank you very much. Tracy appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Thanks Christian. Have a great day, an you mate, Phil, Good morning, Goollo.
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm good, Phil? Okay, we urgently need help. We need help naming our bush fire beer. What should we call it? Beyond the black stump.
Speaker 4: Beyond the black storms? It sounds like an art house film subtitles, very highbrow.
Speaker 2: I like it, Phil, that's a nice one, smart one. Thank you very much. Moves it on. From putting me out, let's go to Robert. Hello, Hello, Robert, what have you got for us?
Speaker 1: I'd say, give me a firebreak, Give.
Speaker 2: Me a firebreak. Firebreaks a good firebreak's good.
Speaker 4: And yeah, give me a firebreak.
Speaker 2: I like he's using it, Hoyward do with a barm and a bye lady. That's good, Robert, thank you very much for that. Jason has a gun. I'm good, Jason. What's the beer idea?
Speaker 5: I've taken two words and put them together, the first part of the word being distilled as in the beer, and the second part being extinguished, and we may it distinguished, getting very good.
Speaker 2: We're getting some smarter ones now again.
Speaker 3: Jason, then do you picture that on the bottle, like your two words distilled plus extinguished, ec.
Speaker 5: Course exactly so your highlight the disk and then the underneath your highlight the inguish you know from extinguished, and it becomes like distinguished.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 5: I've even got a bit of a slogan for you. It's Christian's Golden Relief.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a naughty headline if I'm mut to know good Christians Golden Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Christian good Morning. This is some Kenny, Good Morning, Kenny. Christian love the idea of the bushfire beer. Can't wait to buy it in a couple of weeks time. What about hero brew as an idea for it? Hero Brew is nice. I can hear people going into pubs and asking for a pint of hero I think that's a nice one. I like it sounds good, doesn't that. I'll have a hero and you raise one up. And the heroes are obviously the fieries, the people who are the volunteers, but also the heroes, the everyday heroes are doing their bit, however, it is to try and help out and support people. Cam good morning, morning guys.
Speaker 5: I'll ever fly him and Coldie. Thanks Mite. I thought Elf Stewart won't be able to do the sales pitch something it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, that's a lovely idea. Cam, thank you very much, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Good Heavy's back to.
Speaker 2: Oh Pleasure. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So we have important to do before the end of the show. Ah, we did have over one hundred suggestions for what we should call our bush Fire Beer. This is beer that we're producing, goes into production next week. You're going to get it from about the middle of February, and it is it's a fundraising beer, all thanks to Hawkers, the ber we called last week when we came up with the idea that we wanted to do this, and they other ones who've leaped at it. And it's going to be stocked at Dan Murphy's BWS and then we're urging you to contact your local pubs asking them to contact us they can get a keg so they can get it out there as well. And this will all be available from the middle of February, which is an amazing turnaround. But the most important thing we need by the end of tomorrow's show is we actually have to agree on the name, and that is really hard. All right, So where are at the moment. We've got a top we got like a top fourteen. We've got to get that down to a top five, all right? Why we got top five? Who said five?
Speaker 4: If everyone does a top five, what do you do top four?
Speaker 2: Top seven? No, no one does the top seven twenty twenty to top top seven.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get it down to seven and then see if we're happy, you can take it down further. So we got on the top fourteen, we got the extinguisher. I think we're getting rid of that.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a lame wrestler.
Speaker 4: A welcome drop or the welcome drop.
Speaker 2: Welcome Drops sounds more like a good good name for bar though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get rid of that. Maybe we'll get rid of too many Golden Dawn.
Speaker 2: The silence is definitely.
Speaker 4: Here, now, get rid of that. Heroes Lago.
Speaker 3: Now we got three versions of heroes, Heroes Lager, heroes gold or heroes brew.
Speaker 2: I'm rid of them.
Speaker 4: I really like heroes heroes just.
Speaker 2: A one for me. It's such a you know, I mean, I just you also got to remember what this is. You know, people hopefully are going to go and drink this from when you're raising one and just toasting all the people that are have been affected by the fires and all the people that have been volunteering the fire ees to see if they all the people and everybody who's doing their small bit as well. I like the name heroes, and I can imagine walking into a bar and going, oh, have a hero's thanks now, trying to imagine and not doing that but asking for ah what a relief?
Speaker 4: No, that's still one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: No, it's time to say goodbye to ah wa to relave.
Speaker 4: First aid.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably what Kadinsky is going to call that big mega concept.
Speaker 4: Get rid of that Golden hands. I didn't like that at all.
Speaker 2: I love golden hands. Yes, all right, keep that on the joking. What does it mean? Golden hands?
Speaker 4: Thank you lager?
Speaker 2: I like thank you lager?
Speaker 4: Nice and simple koala beer?
Speaker 2: And why did you say it with an American accent? It did, didn't he?
Speaker 4: No, it's a beer, you went beer beer beer? No, it was trying to I was trying to emphasize bears.
Speaker 2: Just hearing all of us as American, because I don't know if you know she's been to America.
Speaker 4: She's got a Canadian friend.
Speaker 2: Ah no, no, there, you minx cat.
Speaker 1: You knew what you were doing.
Speaker 4: Get rid of beer, firebreak.
Speaker 2: I can't get rid of the koalas. We can't get a.
Speaker 4: Yes firebreak.
Speaker 2: Do we like that? I think it's a bit yeah, it makes me scared.
Speaker 4: I like pot of gold.
Speaker 2: I want to love pot of gold at the end of something bad, or the pot of gold waiting for us.
Speaker 4: All right, and fieres Frothies makes a top seven.
Speaker 2: I told you fuck it down. That's the top seven, right. We put up on Facebook. Let us know what you think and if you've got any more ideas I think are really good short fire contenders lead them on our Facebook page as well, which is OC one O four three. If you are a bar that are interested in stocking it, email me Christian at gold one four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast