Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. All right, Yesterday on the show, we were having a raging debate about you need to get rid of one from the cutlery drawer after I've stopped using a knife quite a lot now when I eat.
Speaker 2: We were asking you whether you need to get rid of the knife, spoon or fork. Big scenes on the phones. Yesterday the fork came up under a lot of criticism.
Speaker 3: Couldn't believe it. I thought it'd be the spoon. Again, I didn't use a spoon all of yesterday, so I thought I was right in saying that the spoon should go, but the listeners thought it was the fork. I've got an apology to make to you. Actually, yesterday on the show, in the heat of the moment and that debate, I said, we eat peas all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you went full Dean Boxel screaming about peas, you know, grabbing hold of the desks, gyrating aggressively.
Speaker 3: You said only old people eat peas. I said, we eat peas all the time.
Speaker 1: And there and the key word I'm surprised about was all the time. And I thought, well, maybe you do.
Speaker 3: After the show once it's all calmed down, And for Garci, I thought, well, that was having feared Christian because we actually don't eat peas all the time. We never eat peas.
Speaker 1: Because I was even trying to think, actually, what would you be having peas with.
Speaker 3: I've never prepared peas. No, I don't think our kitchen has ever prepared peas. I've only ever eaten peas, maybe if they're part of a special fried rice from an aging takeaway, But in the last five years, I don't think we've ever prepared peas in our kitchen.
Speaker 2: And as a kid, peace I just have peas appear to be a staple diet of mine the eighties.
Speaker 3: As a kid, peas were on every plane, no matter what you're having.
Speaker 1: My parents wanted some belief that were some sort of super food. Nothing against the piece, but every day peas are on that plate. I actually thought they always build every tea for me while we start with the peace, then we build around that, but the peas demand to be number one pie.
Speaker 2: Then the MVP are the peas on the plate.
Speaker 3: Peas and mashed potato were part of Oh my god.
Speaker 1: You know these days you get quite fancy mashed potato garlic and truffle.
Speaker 2: They still can't have it, so I think it's been force fed as a kid.
Speaker 3: And all it was was mashed potato, no butter, no salt, No.
Speaker 2: My mum would mix milk into it.
Speaker 1: So there was this horrible, soggy, mashy mountain surrounded by bodyguards of peace.
Speaker 3: I think that's what Oliver twist.
Speaker 2: More cruel, please mummy.
Speaker 1: So the question remains, do we think pea consumption is on the is dwining?
Speaker 3: Has peas peaked when we were kids and they don't get eaten anymore?
Speaker 2: Is it time for us to re examine the humble pea? I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I don't think people are eating peas anymore.
Speaker 2: I think they are.
Speaker 1: I think you can age someone by the how they feel about peace.
Speaker 2: I believe that the older folks are.
Speaker 1: Still They're gonna be on the phones going. I can't believe this was three a W ten lines going. Now we have pea dessert, we have pea ice cream, or you know, we love peace.
Speaker 2: I think it's younger people.
Speaker 3: So is the question we're asking how old are you? And are you eating peas?
Speaker 2: I think it's rude to well someone how old they are. We can guess.
Speaker 1: I think we can just guess whether sound their voice, what kind of age cutgo they are?
Speaker 3: Are you still eating peas?
Speaker 2: I used to eating peas? Was worn?
Speaker 1: If we see Jack and I were talking about knife, spoon fork, if one of them has to go, which one and why? And I was saying how I've stopped using a knife so much and just going with a spoon and fur. Let's not get into that now. It confused a lot of pop yesterday. I'll keep I just keep it quiet. I thought there'll be loads of other people were going, yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: For once. Everyone's like, I don't know what you're talking about. Are you for real?
Speaker 4: We need?
Speaker 2: Yes, we know. However, I'm still sticking to it.
Speaker 1: But in it we were talking about Jack Star saying about how you need certain things to shovel up peas, and I'm really queried how often you have in peas as an adult? I cannot When the kids were younger, sure we used to give them a lot of peas, mushy pieces and all that, but an adult now, I haven't had peas in years.
Speaker 3: To double down on the argument, I said, we eat peas on all the time, all the time, which isn't true. We never have peas, and I only really have them if they're part of a fried rice or when I was a kid, they were served up every night next to the mashed potato.
Speaker 2: So we're curious this morning. Maybe we've got this wrong.
Speaker 1: Maybe peas are still wildly popular out there, okay, and all the different ones, the sweet peas, your garden peas produce of Mel, who occasionally comes running in here when I've got something wrong about.
Speaker 2: Doctor who the most laid back person on the show. Right.
Speaker 1: Our audio producer mele but lost the head with me when I made some offhand comment sibody did it?
Speaker 2: Did I say benmcumber match was dr.
Speaker 3: Tat No, but pretty much forced you to go on and make it on an apology.
Speaker 1: I've here apologized about anything in twenty odd years of radio.
Speaker 2: I did about or two because I was scared of Mel.
Speaker 1: Anyway, She's come flying in from one of her occasional visits today defending peas.
Speaker 2: Mel, what do you want to say about the peace?
Speaker 4: Uh, They're delicious and as a kid, I used to eat them frozen as a snack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a kid. Because it's easy to be conned this is a delicious snack. As an adult, when you have more awareness, you realize that isn't a delicious snack. I could do it anytime.
Speaker 2: What's still now? Peace?
Speaker 3: Delicious?
Speaker 2: Not straight out of the frozen bag?
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: Now you must have been one of those kids whose parents didn't have ice cream or any sugar TV and you didn't know what a nice, yummy thing was. I would say that except for a Milo obviously, I'm like a four spooner of a glass of Milo.
Speaker 1: So I didn't know what at there with some pea to wash it, a pea chaser.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to the lines. Craig, Good morning, morning Christian.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, buddy, peace.
Speaker 4: Please absolutely, my family goes through a full kilo of frozen piece a week.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you are single handedly keeping the Australian Pea community funded.
Speaker 2: Wow, we'll speak.
Speaker 4: Well speaking single handling. It's of all the youngest member of my family, my youngest seven year old daughter, Jessica, she eats probably eighteen to ninety percent of them, and like mel frozen, she has them for lunch, dinner, snacks, you name it. She even tried a couple of times to take it to school, but of course they're not frozen by the time she got the school, but she goes to town on them.
Speaker 2: H I think you might need to inventure there.
Speaker 1: You're doing up the school playground, you know when people offer ound nice snacks and cool stuffing like hanging on to the teacher. But they've I've got to get some frozen pies. Some of these are Marrow fans as well, so I'll just keep it on the low fight, all right.
Speaker 2: She's a key with Craig. Thank you very much. You cool. Have a good week, Neil, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Morning girls up. Long time call listener, first time caller. Yes, I love my peas or have them with a stake twice a week and exactly like Mel, said a five year old daughter Mayer, relavating the frozen as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my kids went through this phase, right. Don't you also find that whenever you're clearing up or hoovering up ninety nine point nine up peace on the floor, they flicked on there. I think they like getting them because they can just roll them up and flick them.
Speaker 3: That's why kids like Why are they so popular to give to children? Because they are the messiest food. It's hard as an adult to pick up peace my kids.
Speaker 5: You said, very true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you also do your kids love this is?
Speaker 1: If you just mush them all up into some kind of ball, they'll eat that happily while watching TV.
Speaker 5: Yes they will. Yes, it's just a I think it's just a good assigning thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Neil, thank you very much. You call.
Speaker 1: No, they're called English garden piece as well. But I love it how Australians will try and latch onto anything.
Speaker 2: There one hundred meters.
Speaker 1: It's an Australian event. It's an Australian event. Let's go to Christians.
Speaker 2: On the line.
Speaker 5: Come on in a Christian jack here.
Speaker 2: I'm good Christian Christian peace.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I have at least four times awake in my vegie mix for dinner.
Speaker 2: Four times a week. That's high mixing it for the peace.
Speaker 5: You know why?
Speaker 4: The high in protein?
Speaker 5: Mate? You know they sayd the muscle they're good.
Speaker 4: They're all the fiber as well and everything.
Speaker 1: If we're interviewing doing the rock Johnson, I say, so, what do you do to maintain bolt piece? Four times a week in my veggie mix? They feed the muscles. Hi, I'm enjoying the rock Johnson and I endorsed this message.
Speaker 2: Eat peace, kids, Chris you know Connell's show podcast