Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what's happening with you this week? At home?
Speaker 3: Something's happening with my tween ager. It's like someone's taken my daughter away.
Speaker 2: And she officially switched to teenager when she's thirteen in June.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, the transition tell you what I feel like.
Speaker 2: I'm going to enjoy the next couple years. I'm going to grab a big old bag of popcorn. I'll be here for you with my feet up, laughing my asshole, I'll rocking in a fetal position.
Speaker 3: Something's happened to her.
Speaker 1: Every day she's about to get real.
Speaker 2: Friend, there's Perrington and then there's teenagers.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, every day when she gets home, a new thing is started Jack where she opens the fridge for a snack and we'll just stare at it for like minutes, thinking something magically is going to appear from the day before, like I don't know, some eight course meal or something.
Speaker 1: For that hour. When they get back, they're tired and they're hungry. They're hungry. Is heavy.
Speaker 2: The other week, Lois came back from school when she opened the fridge and then she sort of rummaged around, she slammed the fridge door.
Speaker 1: Shrimp.
Speaker 2: When did this family become an ingredients family and not a snack family?
Speaker 1: I'm like, what did you just say? I didn't even know there were two types of family.
Speaker 2: Who can be that angry and articulates such a great burn. It was just like, wow, that English is doing what it's called. Since want to become an ingredients family and I'm a snack family.
Speaker 3: I do know that feeling though, that when you're so tired, you need one thing to open and that's it.
Speaker 2: Any people haven't made it all together, okay, you need so much to have done it, or you haven't got the energy to put. The bread's there, the butts there, the meats there, the salamis there, the mayonnaise is there.
Speaker 3: Also, never satisfied with what's in there, never ever satisfied. So then she'll pick up the cordial jug have a swig straight out of the jug if you don't.
Speaker 2: The teenagers still do that the seventeen or nineteen and it drives me nuts.
Speaker 1: They've got no shame, savages. They just look at me. I'm going to do, old man.
Speaker 3: Fucking.
Speaker 1: Take this ingredient's family.
Speaker 3: And then walks off, and I'm in another room and I can hear the fridge like beepepep.
Speaker 1: I'm like close the fridge.
Speaker 3: Were you born in it?
Speaker 1: I know how I'll eventually have my stroke slash heart attack.
Speaker 2: You're hearing that the door or the freezer shut.
Speaker 3: It and leaving lights on with the other thing. Everything in the other end of the house last night was on and she's not even at that end of the house.
Speaker 1: The worst thing is, I remember being a kid.
Speaker 2: Do you remember in that age, and you thought your parents were so dull caring about this was so square.
Speaker 1: Was even costious ten cents a week if I left them all on. We did it in science.
Speaker 2: And now suddenly you overhear yourself saying all those dull things that your parents used to get upset about.
Speaker 1: More on this I eight this morning.
Speaker 2: By the way, I just suddenly realized we've suddenly morphed into one of our new features, signs You're a grown Us, where you actually find that you get mad about life being left on on the fridge store being open. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast