Speaker 1: Pick up Laura, Come on there, Oh it is hi everyone, Ai Monday.
Speaker 2: We are fit, we are fierce, we are strong. Mid You're looking particularly fit right now.
Speaker 3: You're saying that because I told you just before it went on that I had an early morning polarates class, my first early morning polaratees class.
Speaker 2: Ever, what's happened?
Speaker 4: I feel like you're having a midlife crisis a bit early.
Speaker 3: I was actually thinking that when I was on the machine, I thought, what does this say about the point in my life that I'm at, where I'm twenty eight, I'm doing polarateis no?
Speaker 2: That says you're becoming who you're meant to be.
Speaker 5: And I just love that you went on like the last twelve months, you went on your health kick, but you've maintained it and this is the new you.
Speaker 2: You froth getting up early in exercise, and I love it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think this is the first time you've ever gotten up early. Usually as much as you've taken to the fitness side of things, the waking up side of things, it's not natural.
Speaker 3: It's not for me, It really isn't it. But I love the early morning polarates. Like early early pilarates worm gets the bird.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 6: That's it. I think that was on the show last week.
Speaker 3: I was mentioning that I thought I was singled out because they gave me the antibacterial wipe at the end of the session and they made me wipe down my bed because it was like a massacre site. No, turns out everyone gets an antibacterial wipe. She came up to me today and went, just so you know, Mitch, everyone's getting a wipe.
Speaker 6: Decession, you were the talk.
Speaker 4: She was listening. To be fair, though, I did say everyone gets a wipe, everyone just knows. And you were a newbie, so that's why she handed you one to make sure you didn't feel or how much more embarrassing would it have been if you walked away and she had to pull you back into wipe though?
Speaker 6: She Oh my, imagine mischief.
Speaker 4: You're a sweat.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe I had the MS walk this weekend for my sister Becky. He's got MS.
Speaker 6: So we're going to be talking to her talking about that on the show today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did that go?
Speaker 6: It was good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll filll you and we raised a lot of money and I we're talking to beck and my sister so I think that'll be really fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's coming up.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: You have some big news in your life happening tonight, brit which we'll discuss in pick Up put Down, which is how we start the show every Monday.
Speaker 2: Biggest thing to happen to me in the last five months, or.
Speaker 4: I want to say biggest, that's why I say, or strongest or hardest. Anyway, let's get into the.
Speaker 6: Show that's next. Here at the pickup around Australia. Welcome everyone, pick.
Speaker 7: Up here, kip down.
Speaker 3: It's a Monday stable, pick Up put down. I bring the girls the big stories of the weekend, and it's your job, ladies, to decide whether or not the country continues the conversation into the week and you pick it up or you put it down, you snuff it out, never to be spoken of again.
Speaker 4: This is all the water cooler chat that everyone's I mean, sometimes it is. Sometimes it's stuff that didn't even make the headlines.
Speaker 2: I question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, also, don't take our word for it. You can continue the conversation even if we beat on it.
Speaker 3: I wonder if anyone's ever gone to work and gone I don actually want to talk about that Britain or put it down.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the way you made it sound like we decide right here whether you can continue the.
Speaker 4: Voice anyone believes it. You also say it's the hard hitting news, and that's a total lie as well. But anyway, I told you.
Speaker 6: Tracy Grimshaw heard this and said, love what you're.
Speaker 2: Doing Mitch first today, Mit, all right, pick up.
Speaker 3: I'll put down getting proposed to with a ring that previously belonged to your partner's X fiance.
Speaker 6: What I'd take?
Speaker 2: What I knew you.
Speaker 4: I knew you were going to say that.
Speaker 2: I knew I would put it down.
Speaker 4: Jas Maybe it comes with a bad omen, but I mean, like, look, if you're real desperate for a ring, you'll take what.
Speaker 6: You can get. A woman's gone viral on TikTok.
Speaker 3: She revealed that her husband proposed to her with a ring he originally bought and gave it to Nah.
Speaker 2: I joke i'd picked her.
Speaker 4: Vote you would be. But you've got a perfectly good ring there that you can't return. What are you going to do with it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But it was chosen with that other fiance in mind, like the love they had, and you've.
Speaker 2: Picked it because you thought it would suit her. It's not enough. Just be like, now just get some more use, go sell it, exchange it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I imagine, imagine if you were a yellow gold wearer and this is like a white gold ring. Although, how do you feel, I'm going, I'm going to take it up and not She's got her name engraved in.
Speaker 6: It, her birdstone in it.
Speaker 4: That's how they figured it out. How would you feel if he took that engagement ring and got it melted down and got it remade, so it's a different model, it's all the same component.
Speaker 2: No, that is fine, But like imagine, I just think of my sister and her partner.
Speaker 5: He got like their coordinates of where they met, so cute engraved on the inside because they met overseas. But imagine that getting a ring and his coordinates on there, and they're.
Speaker 2: Like what is this from?
Speaker 4: And you're like when Nana was buried there, like.
Speaker 1: Like trying to think of an excuse to what the coordinates are gonna lie, you gotta lie, say something about the stars.
Speaker 2: But if Ben is listening, my partner, Ben, I'll take what I can get. Okay, what's the next one mentioned?
Speaker 6: Oh well, spending twelve dollars on a meat pie pick up the down.
Speaker 2: What where's it from?
Speaker 4: I was like Cozy lives, Babe. I feel neutral about this. I know we're supposed to have a pick up or put down, but I feel like everything's more than twelve dollars these a I'm okay with it. No, no, but I think it's just what's happening.
Speaker 2: In the world. Is it a family sized pire, a normal individuals.
Speaker 6: Stand a pie?
Speaker 3: It's all because a person on Reddit posted peak sure of a cafe display meat pies twelve bucks per pie. They also sold saucage rolls for a hefty eleven dollars. It was it's a nice cafe, but it's not like a high end, you know, hatted cab.
Speaker 6: You should be getting to.
Speaker 2: Meat pie f like four bucks.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, like you know, you can just get a frozen pie from Woolies and they're very good as well. Why would you paying twelve dollars?
Speaker 3: And also some of the joy of getting a cheap meat pies then adding on like a niiniche tart or a custom tart that's also like three bucks, Like you want to stack at a baker.
Speaker 5: All of a sudden, you pie and a drink all of a sudden pie is thirty bucks.
Speaker 3: All right, Speaking of pies, Brit, your beautiful boyfriend Ben arriving today after spending five months up part of we're picking it up or we're putting it down.
Speaker 2: I hope he's picking it up.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it's a kick up for me. I'm sure everything will be up.
Speaker 2: It's like it's Christmas, That's how I feel. I'm so excited. I haven't seen a partner Ben since January.
Speaker 4: We have a shared calendar and BRIT's been like marking down. We've had like a countdown happening for the past two and a half away all months, five months that he's been gone. Yeah, she's very excited.
Speaker 6: Well, you also haven't seen Ben.
Speaker 3: He's he's a soccer player for the Celtic in it's Celtic, not this Celtic for Celtics, for the Celtics.
Speaker 6: And he wanted his big competition. Didn't he win the Grand Final?
Speaker 5: They just won yea, like the Scottish Premiership, the Cup and something else. I don't know the terminology. I'm a really bad wag. I don't even know the rules yet.
Speaker 2: But he won. They won heaps of stuff.
Speaker 6: There's a lot to celebrate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we're gonna be celebrating for a few weeks from I'm super excited.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you guys are going to hear all about.
Speaker 6: It all right next on the show.
Speaker 3: I spoke about this a little last week, but my family had a really emotional weekend. My sister Becky and my older sister has MS, and we took part in the MS Walk Run role and we raised a lot of money. We had a great weekend, a really emotional weekend. So we're going to chat to my sister actually next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love Becky.
Speaker 3: I was talking about this on the show last week. But me and my entire family, the Zamchury Family, which is the little team name we came up for, I took part in the MS Walk Run role, which is it's kind of like there's many different steps you can do. You to a five K, ten K, mini marathon, quarter marathon, whatever if you want to call it, raising money and funds for MS research here in Australia. My sister Becky has MS, was only diagnosed very recently in the last six months, also pregnant.
Speaker 6: Lot going on.
Speaker 3: I just firstly wanted to say thank you to you girls. End of the pickup listeners. We smashed our goal, We like tripled our goal of fundraising and racist under ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, that's amazing.
Speaker 5: You guys should be so proud, really honestly, because what you're doing raising awareness, raising money. I know we're going to speak to Becky more about it, but it's it's Yeah, you should be really proud, and I'm sure Becky feels a lot of love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's I wanted to get Becky on to join us because here I am telling her story about it being diagnosed with THEMS, living with MS, walking and they run and roll with MS. But I wanted to bring out of the show, so Becky for the first time pick up debut.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hi, Hi Becky, Hello, Hello, how are you guys?
Speaker 5: I can't believe this is your debut. I think maybe because I know you, I feel like.
Speaker 4: You've come on well literal family and you know better horror.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Becky, you were diagnosed with MS. What was that like for you?
Speaker 5: And I say that because I think there's a lot of people that don't know much about it, But like, at the time, did you know something was quote unquote wrong?
Speaker 2: What led you to be diagnosed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely, Like I had a three year battle just to get diagnosed. So by the time I got diagnosed, I think I was actually relieved that someone finally believed something was wrong. Initially I had it was around the COVID time. I got COVID. I got a vaccine and then I just like causes some people with immune kind of responses to flare up, and I started losing my vision. I was at work and saw like weird stars, and I went to the neurologist. I had an mrin and he was like, look, you just have anxiety, like relaxed, do some mindfulness come back. So then me and my husband pretty much fought for like three years because I was having like severe migraines to the point of losing vision on the way home from work, like it got really bad, fatigue, numbness and pins and needles down my arm. And then yeah, I pushed and pushed and pushed, and eventually they did a lumber punk show which actually came back negative, which she is like one of the criteria to diagnose. But the main thing in the NA sound was I had progression of one lesion over a three year period, which is very minimal. I'm very lucky a brain. They were yes, a brain lesion, so I only have them in my brain, but I had one more legion in my brain. My neurologist was like, look, I think it's still anxiety, and I was like, look, I'm getting a second opinion. Mitch actually put me onto a really great neurologist who had me with an MS specialist the next day. Mitchell and his connections very.
Speaker 4: Fun journal everything.
Speaker 3: Well, she kept saying exactly, the doctors are saying you don't have anything. So I called everyone I knew and we got her in and that's when she got a diagnosis.
Speaker 4: So this is my question, Becky, you would now have spoken to other people who have been diagnosed with MS. Is this something like is this experience of being told oh, you know, it's not this, or it could be this, or kind of it being downplayed? Is that a common experience or is that just something that was unique to you.
Speaker 7: Look, I think it's hard because unfortunately it's such a weird disease at prison in so many different ways. Like I've met one hundred people with MS and probably five people have the same symptoms, So I think it presents so differently. You can either have brain lesions, spine lesions both and it really it really depends then on what your symptoms are. But I mean I spoke to a lady this morning, just randomly, and then she was telling me that like her thirteen year old niece or something that were investigating her for MS and she'd been gas lit and they told her it was you know, migrains as well, and I was like, keep pushing, like, go see this specialist. You need to get to the bottom of it, because ultimately, starting any treatment early is the key to not well. Hopefully if the treatment works for you, it's not progressing as thick as.
Speaker 4: You Yes, yeah, Becky. And I mean for anyone who doesn't know what MS looks like, and I think that that would be a great deal of people. What does that like for you if you were to say, if those symptoms were to progress, what does life look like without treatment?
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's really like for me personally, and I can only speak to me, like my everyday symptoms is I have really bad static vision in my eyes, so when I'm in a room, everything white is static and everything black is static. I have problems like the lady next to me today at work is wearing a multi colored shirt and I can't look it up because I'm like, it's making me feel like I'm going to pass out, you know, like reading a book. I can't read a book because I can't see the letters they all move. But for other people, like I know a girl that woke up one day and couldn't move for legs. So I think the problem is that it's an invisible disease and that I can be feeling terrible but still turn it up to family lunch and put a brave face on and smile, you know, whereas other people they can't even you know, they need a wheelchair or they need a cane to help them out. I just really want to spread awareness for it, and there are people out there that it is a bit too late and the medication doesn't work for them. I'm like, So, I mean, the closer we get to research and money for a cure, and there's some amazing clinical trials going on at the moment, the better, Mitch.
Speaker 4: You should be so proud of yourself as well for raising awareness. I know how much this has affected you in your family, but you guys are the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I've got a brain condition too, and I feel like Becky got MS, which is greater than my brain condition.
Speaker 6: I'm like, great, I just have to sit here. I just get headaches.
Speaker 2: And again.
Speaker 6: I'm not even bringing attention to my own brain.
Speaker 2: Mitch's brain actually comes out the bottom of his a bit.
Speaker 4: We can talk about that.
Speaker 6: No day, my brain, Becky's brain.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, look, speaking of brains, I have something that I need to admit after this. I forgot a really really really important event, a really important anniversary, and I feel horrible about it, and I need you guys to make me feel little bit better.
Speaker 6: Okay, we can do that.
Speaker 2: No promise, it's easy. We'll try you mind, double down.
Speaker 4: If you have ever forgotten a very important anniversary or a birthday or celebration, I want to hear from you because I feel horrible.
Speaker 2: I feel genuinely terrible.
Speaker 4: So the other night I'd gotten home from work and it was a busy day and Matt, he my husband, he comes up to me and he goes, Laura, I have something I need to talk to you about.
Speaker 2: And there's really no easy way to say.
Speaker 4: This, and I was like, what the Hell's what have I done to start a call not a good way. You know, something bad's coming. And he was like, look, I know this is gonna upset you, but I need to let you know something that you've forgot. And I was like, okay, what's happening anyway again, No, that's more by choice, though, Britt, that's fine.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: So he sits me down. Yeah, he's like, you forgotten the children?
Speaker 6: Where are they?
Speaker 4: They're a daycare? No, he sits me down and he goes, he goes, look, one of my really good girlfriends, Lauren. She's one of my best friends. She was a bridesmaid at my wedding.
Speaker 2: And he was like, you know Laurence.
Speaker 4: You know Lauren, like so close. We used to live together, we were housemates. She is genuinely one of my closest friends. And she's the first person when say it's like my birthday or something. She's the one who sends that message at six am in the morning. She was called by seven am like she just knows. She's so good, she's so reliable. And he was like, it was Lauren's birthday and I was like, okay, when was it. It was two weeks ago and it was her fortieth Laura and I completely forgot, like she's reached out to him. So my sister, she was on Facebook and we've all like we're all mutual friends, and my sister saw it. She just she just saw, you know, when everyone's done, like the happy birthday wishes on the wall and it's like fifty seven person, fifty seven people wish Laura's happy birthday, and Laura wasn't one of her. No, I wasn't there. How do you make that up to someone, like when you've not only forgotten their birthday, you've also actively spoken to them, like in between. It's not like I haven't spoken to her. Have you spoken to her now since yet?
Speaker 6: Realized? Because you're talking about it on the air, and I hope you've smoothed it over with her.
Speaker 4: No, I did. I called her and then she didn't answer right away. She'd answer for a day. And so then I went to the florest. I bought her a really big bunch of flowers. But it was a big bunch of flowers with an iou like, I have to take her out for lunch. But here's my kay, here's where I want to defend myself a little bit, just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yes, No, I'm here for the defense.
Speaker 4: Okay, who actually remembers anyone's birthday these days and doesn't go off Facebook? So I'm not on Facebook. I'm quite bad with it and I've been very busy, haven't logged on for a while, so the birthday got away from me. And I think, if you don't have your birthday on Facebook, you should.
Speaker 2: Just expect the people forget.
Speaker 5: But I know I genuinely agree with you.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I could, but I think it depends on the person, right, Like, I genuinely could not care if both of you forgot my birthday, could not care.
Speaker 2: I would not even blink an eye.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't no if I know, hang on, if I had planned a birthday and say, guys, it's my birthday, this you knew if I had brought it up, it's my birthday this weekend, we're going to have dinner, and you forgot the dinner and went out, that's different. But if you, as a friendship group never bring up when your birthday is, how is everybody supposed to.
Speaker 2: Remember every single person's birthday?
Speaker 5: Like family members, partners, lovers, best friends, work colleagues, like there are so many nieces.
Speaker 4: Nephews, yeah, But also I don't know. I kind of think, like, you know how you got those one friends some friends and they don't have it on Facebook and they don't bring it up, but they still expect you to remember. That's like entrapment, don't you think? I call bullshit? Though, Bri, if I forgot your fortieth birthday, even if you didn't bring it up, I would never you would never let me live it down.
Speaker 5: I will always be honest. I could not care you. I never celebrate my birthday. When was the last? But like if someone makes me I celebrate my birthday and I hate birthdays.
Speaker 6: You know what's worse than forgetting someone's birthday?
Speaker 3: That friend that makes you feel so bad about forgetting the birthday're.
Speaker 6: Like, you're not Queen Elizabeth.
Speaker 4: That wasn't Lauren's. She's just an angel sent from the heavens. And so that's why I feel even worse because it, as much as I know it would have upset her, she didn't make a big deal about it. She just was gonna let it go past the wayside and not And I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, I'm a horrible friend.
Speaker 5: If my partner forgot my birthday and anniversary, that is different, But I have a lot of leeway for my friend.
Speaker 3: My mom still gets pissy at me when I forget her and dad's wedding anniversary every year.
Speaker 6: It's not my wedding. I wasn't even born made.
Speaker 4: You're supposed to remember your parents anniversary that created you. That's important. I hope my children grew up remembering my wedding anniversary. They were there.
Speaker 6: Meekas called on thirteen six five, Meka, what did you forget?
Speaker 5: Hi? O?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know if I actually forgot my brother's birthday. I just didn't know it so.
Speaker 2: Different.
Speaker 8: I spent my entire life and like he is in entire life. He's two years younger than me, wishing him a happy birthday, celebrating his birthday Mandy, Like he didn't have it on Facebook anything like that until two years ago on the wrong date. Complete like just wrong date. No one ever told me, no one ever bought it up, like I blamed my mom. She should have definitely said something to me.
Speaker 4: Wait, was this just doing a joke within your family? Like your family all knew that you always celebrated on the wrong day, or just no one even thought it was a thing to mention that you had it wrong.
Speaker 8: I don't think anyone even bothered to tell me, Like, I don't think it was anymore.
Speaker 5: It's just like we're just not going to correct you.
Speaker 8: Fifty to make matters worse. I actually got married on his birthday and Mum messages me like, and she's like, I know it was your wedding day, but like, did you wish your brother have your birthday? Sorry? This year actually did forget but no, no one ever just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you also stole his day. You'll never forget again because at least now you have two things to remind you true.
Speaker 3: Okay, next up for grabs, we have here the pickup one thousand dollars to spend at Target.
Speaker 4: I love fashing shopping. Nay that bit all right? It is time to name that fit now. If you are familiar with Target, you'll know that they are the people responsible for value and style and also it's great quality. I have a pair of exceptional high rise genes which I absolutely love from Target. They're so so good.
Speaker 5: Now the way amazing winter staples coming in, Like, I just updated my wardrobe with some winter staples and every I've got this one puffer vest and every single time I wear it, people ask me i's from Target.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also good chunky knits too. Well, Okay, the way that this is gonna work today, so you guys are gonna call up. You have an opportunity to get one thousand dollars to spend a target. Now, it depends on how many of these questions you get right. So this is fashion based questions.
Speaker 6: Maybe that fit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're a bit of a fashionista, this is gonna work for you. So if you get one out of three questions right, you get one hundred dollars to spend a target. Two out of three questions right, you get five hundred dollars to spend a target, and three out of three is one thousand dollars to spend a target. Okay, and we have actually on the floor.
Speaker 3: You actually has joined us. Hello, first a listener to play name that fit? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: The cash to spend it target? What do you need of at the moment?
Speaker 8: I'm in my home. Where's error?
Speaker 7: So everything to the house.
Speaker 5: So everything, everybody want everything?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well let's jump in. Let's go. So you get one right, like Laura said, one hundred dollars to spend it. Target, Here we go, name that fit.
Speaker 3: Lady Gaga once famously wore a dream It was actually the twenty ten V made of which edible substance.
Speaker 2: Actually it's like piece of cake like.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, a piece of devon.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: Actually, let's see if you can get this bad boy?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: That's actually I think it's easy ahead of time, try and make it harder. I got you have more a beanie, a beret, and a fedora, all types of what.
Speaker 4: Ahat?
Speaker 2: Too easy?
Speaker 6: A sucker?
Speaker 4: All right? Number three, and this is a thousand dollars spent a Target. An A Winter is the editor in chief of which fashion magazine?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, a thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: You just want to give away money.
Speaker 4: I want to make it to chick. It's never actually for the first one. You want to make it too high.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow will be like the House of Mogla Head designer PAOs was born in which On clay for France.
Speaker 4: Well, at least we already know what Ash is going to buy everything. Actually, we hope you're enjoying your everything home wears all to spend it.
Speaker 8: You're wonderful than hard.
Speaker 6: No thanks you.
Speaker 3: Target has made for season after season, shopping store online, or buy the Target app and other thousand dollars to spend it.
Speaker 6: Target up for grabes tomorrow.
Speaker 4: But I mean, we've got to make the questions a bit trickier than that. I think, please tomorrow. Is it a Fedora or a beanie? What is that a hat?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: May don't look at me. I just want to give cash away. By the end of the week, they're going to be real tricky from us.
Speaker 6: See you guys, see tomorrow, see you guys.
Speaker 2: Hey,