Speaker 1: Hey, let's just welcome back to the Mason Cox Show. This is the Tiny Cox Epp. Yes, we're doing the preview for this round. We've got the big game, the Grand Final rematch Collingwood versus Brisbane. And also we take your fan questions. Yes, we're giving back to the community because you're the reason we are here and we love you so much. By This is gonna be an awesome episode, gonna be a quick one, so settle in and let's get into it. All right, Welcome. I like the idea of this a new name, the Tiny Cox Epp. I don't know if that's really helping us out at all, but here we are. Brandon, Welcome to the pod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks Mace. We fumbled around a few names, Little Cox, small Cocks, tiny Cox, I reckon distribute.
Speaker 1: We don't use our last name enough. Now Cox one pods we get out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like two cocks, one pod, and we cram it in on this episode.
Speaker 1: It in, we'll go straight in to it. We're going to talk about that the Grand Final rematches the end of this, but we're going to go into the first game, North Melbourne versus Carlton over there at Marvel Carlton's got a big drive ahead of them to get out there.
Speaker 2: It's the good Friday Appeal game, which is always good to see. They raise the money going into it and then normally they all roll into the Marvel Stadium and watch North Melbourne just get absolutely pump by whoever there vers and each year. But hopefully they can take it up to Carlton.
Speaker 1: They mean North Fall is going to make a little appearance up there.
Speaker 2: They've been competitive as far as this year goes so far, but I don't know. Carlton's its own beast. Hopefully the Carlton fans roll out to Marvel Stadium. I feel like they go.
Speaker 1: Wherever Carlton had it weak off and just feeling real refreshed going into a good Friday game. It's going to be a tough ask for North Melbourne, I must say. But you never know in this game. You just never know the ladder so even nowadays I think that Clark wrote the helm you know anything as possible.
Speaker 2: Well, the ladder means absolutely nothing because around zero we don't know who's where. Oh well we know where Collingwood and Brisbane are.
Speaker 1: But outside the two best teams get to win a game.
Speaker 2: We don't know where the rest are, but yeah, it'll be good to see. It's all as much as everyone says, yeah, it's good to see Carlton. Nothing about the big teams winning the games. It is true. It is true, and we like to see them out there showing up. And they would have been walking around the last two weeks with the big head wobbling down like on straight just you know, on.
Speaker 1: Streets gone over the last few weeks. But who do you got on this who're tipping is Yeah, I'll probably give it to I will go Carlton for both of us. Next time we gots free O versus Adelaide at Optus oval at worst.
Speaker 2: We've had some crappy tips.
Speaker 1: We've got real question marks around Free and free has essentially come to us and gone here. You can get stuffed, mate.
Speaker 2: And we said Adelaide was going to win at home against your Long last week, which they did not. So I don't know. I keep feeling like you've got to get on a team until they give you a reason to get off them. Now, we got Freo really potent forward line at the moment, and you know the Crows coming into the season, they were exciting up and coming team. Now we need to see a bit more of that. I think Nixy said at post game we need to just get back into that groove. Now. Can they get into the groove against Freo? I'm not sure because they're pretty good defensively, although they don't get out of the blocks quick. So you know, we might see Crows get out of the blocks and then we see the big Frio resurgence goals in last week, nine goals in a row last week, and they got that potal forward line. We get to see Luke Jackson again running out there.
Speaker 1: We got fifty four points in a row. I just did the math and I had fifty four points insane. That's actually a wild from Free metw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there was points kicked in between. Yeah. But I'm not going to ruin your quick math.
Speaker 1: No, No, I appreciate that. I'm still trying to get my sixers figured out. I know Australian's it's like natural to them, but that's so much for me. But I've got Freer winning at home versus Adelaide on this one.
Speaker 2: I've got to give it to Free. They're giving me no used to say otherwise, And I'm so happy for long. He got the extension going into the season and he's everyone Even when he signed the extension, everyone has given him shit.
Speaker 1: But look, Luke Jackson absolutely dominated again this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Actually that's my bog for the work.
Speaker 2: I don't want Sean Darcy to come in and ruin his vibe. Man, you know, I feel like you can play anywhere. He's an absolute jet. Let's jump over to the Essendon Saint Kilda game because there's a there's a lot of exciting, interesting games that are going to answer some questions this weekend, and I reckon this is one of them. Essenon versus Saint Kilda. Who's good? I feel like Saints are more proven with their consistent pressure. They did it all last year. Essendon, we didn't really know what we were going to get coming into the season. They've dished up some pretty good performances. Even the loss to Sydney by like thirty odd points last weekend, they were competitive and they were right in it and Sydney and Sydney is no you know, easy beat over there by any stretch of the imagination. So I can't give it to Essendon. I gotta say Saint Kilda, but it would be good to see a close competitive game.
Speaker 1: I will say between this and the next game we're gonna go into, these are the games that around I think St Kildof I've got them beating USENEM but I'll say it's within a goal reckon. It'll be a really close game this is which would be.
Speaker 2: A good result again for usen in there. Like I feel like the word we're getting out of Essendon is be patient. They've given themselves an eight year window where they can win a flag or whatever or be successful in eight years. But that might come next year, but it might come in eight years. So they've given themselves a long runway to your window.
Speaker 1: That is a massive runway. I know that's in airport's over there. It's got plenty they're putting in the new runway out there. Is that part of the plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they've given themselves a very long runway. But yeah, it's I don't know, are they in their window? They might win it this year, but yeah, I don't think they're going to win this game. I'll give you to Saint Kildo. But if as someone can get this game, I think we'll have a lot better idea where they're at they're thereabout.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure, I've god, Yeah, I've got Saint Killer win this one. We'll move to Port versus Melbourne at Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 2: This is very interesting because although you know they're two very good teams or so it would see them at the moment, I don't think we're going to get the best Melbourne going out.
Speaker 1: With a few arts from Melbourne. Y. Yeah, they go out and then leavers question mark. There's a few things going into the game. Maybe they're not as strong as they are whenever they're a hundred percent. Yeah, that's going to be a very very big question mark for him. Adelaide at Adelaide Oval not and easy feet. Yeah, they've got a massive crowd that shows up to every single one of the games. Yeah, it's gonna be a tough one to pick Melbourne over on this one. I think Port's probably going to get him on this one, and this is going to be one of those that you Melbourne maybe can afford to lose. I think at this stage, knowing the situation they're.
Speaker 2: In, want any Port fan, if we got any Port fans that to this podcast, give us a little pair in the chat or something, because I want to know if you're out there and if you exist. If I want to know who listens to this thing, if it's all Collingwood supporters, So if we've got to range, I know we do have a range. From our live show, we had a lot of people show up, Hawthorne supporters, which I didn't know many were out there, Essendon supporters and the like. But yeah, I want to see Port fans because we are big Ken Hinckley fans. I love and I think what Port did really really well over the off season is trade people in to fill specific roles. So it'll be cool to see if that's what it takes, just that little top up to get them over the line. Because yeah, if I have a feeling that they could go really deep this year.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Soldier too. Rockman over there absolutely killing that so yeah, I love seeing him doing his thing. Great man doing incredible things over there. So I think that's one one position they've been able to put someone in to make their team stronger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I've got Port winning this one.
Speaker 1: To the next one. I got Western Bulldogs versus the West Coast Eagles at Marvel. That's it. And then the next game goes well.
Speaker 2: There is a question. There's a talking point out of this one because team selection has been a big talking point from the Bulldog since the opening round, because they have Riley Sanders, who's the young up and coming star. He got subbed out in his first game for Caleb Daniels who wasn't starting, who's also an absolute jet, and then they got McCrae playing in the VFL side, they got Lob just came out for Sam Darcy, so they're shifting a lot of magnets early in the season. Now, they did get the win over the Suns at Ballarat, but Lob kicked four I think in the VFL, and we've got McCrae who had forty seven touches ten clearances and he just tore them a new one at VFL level. So but I think this is just a contextual thing because we don't know the context why he was down there. Because he's always been a contested ball beast. He's always been able to get stoppage to stoppage and get a million touches. Is that why he's in the VFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It's a question mark. It is a question mark. But with those kind of statistics, it'd be tough not to be playing him in the AFL, And if he's not playing the AFL, it'd be tough to say he's not going to be looking elsewhere. Yeah. True, Yeah, very true. And if you're getting numbers like that, there's definitely other teams that are looking at that. I'm sure his agent's working very hard.
Speaker 2: We reunite the McCrae brothers.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know, defend's getting a better run now for us. You never know what happened, but I think, yeah, I think he'll he'll probably get the call up this week given those kind of numbers. Not to say that he's looking elsewhere by any means, but I think he's definitely improved himself and playing at a better level than AFL, or sorry, better level than VFL in the VFL, which usually ends up being an opportunity in the AFL.
Speaker 2: And they're going to need him to get over West Coast at Marvel Stadium though, mass.
Speaker 1: Who are you picking, I'm going to have to go West Coast Eagles to lose by time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I feel like this is we're just going to go back over the same conversations from last year. But where we talk about the evenness in the competition and the fixturing and all of these things, but just having one team that floats around the competition that is going to and get smashed week in week out and affect, you know, your percentage. If one team comes up against them twice and it's a massive percentage boost as opposed to teams that come up against West Coast once, it's going to skew the whole competition. It's not something that you want. So you want to see them get as competitive as possible, as quick as possible, but they still seem a fair way off it. And Oscar Allen injured injured, Yeah, knee injury out.
Speaker 1: Definitely, a top player goes down, You're like, fourth, cheez, not again. We can't have this happening, can we.
Speaker 2: They've had an absolute horror run with injuries and to all their stars, it's always their starts.
Speaker 1: We'll kids try to. We'll be on Reid Watch Hardly Read Watch where I was on that every single week and we're helping. Hegoes really well. And obviously a lot of pressure on them being a number one draft pick, but we got we're on his side, you know, we hope he's He's doing incredible things over there, so we'll keep out an eye out for him, and how he goes, we'll move into the next game. Richmond versus Sydney at the MCG. Now, Sydney has been able to prove themselves at the MCG this year now a lot of question marks and previous years whether or not they play better at you know, a player all right at the MCG, if they can hold up, yeah, you get very different ground size. And so far by the the opportunities they've had at the MCG, they made the most of them. So who do you got in this one Richmond versus Sydney.
Speaker 2: I've got Sydney just tearing through this year. I don't want to say they're going to win the flag. It's obviously early in the season. The scary thing is every one of their players can run. They've all got a tank. Yeah, they've all got crazy kicks on them, so they can just go one end to the other. So fast do you think of just their midfield, Like all the way across they've got Mac and Ernie, they've got Haywood, they've got Errol Goulden, they've got like he and he's gone into the middle and just stepped the right up. So they've got all these like flashy outside great like kicks and then once you know, the likes of like Mills and Parker and Adams comes back in if they can squeeze back into the side, they're just going to be giving them the ball on the outside and say here, do whatever you want with it. Because at the moment, you know, they've just got to get on top of that the clearance side of things. But at the moment they're just winning it back through their pressure and then they just tear teams up, kicking it through the guts. And yeah, they're just a scary team. And they're starting to put two and two together up the front as well. They've got the forwards coming out under Buddy's shadow, the AI party, they got big hatos down there. Yeah. Yeah, they're a scary, scary proposition for anyone.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure. I think they're going to win this one quite convincingly. Over at the MCG Like I said, it's going to be tough to beat Sydney this year. I think they're going to get a lot of wins on the board. And you look at the list and It's like, man, there's gun after gun after gun. You wonder how you can fit them on one team, but they're doing it. The Lizard Man one of my favorite players.
Speaker 2: I couldn't name about the Lizard Lizard Tommy Papley kicked four casually.
Speaker 1: Oh man, unreal, But we've both got sitting there in that game. We'll go to Hawthorne versus Geelong at the MCG Monday game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love this one. I always love this one. I wish it was as competitive as the Kenneck Curse days, but like now it's like the Kenneck Curse is it's dead, but like Geelong is still going to smash awor it's Yeah, it's going.
Speaker 1: To be one big celebration for Tomahawk. Yeah, three hundred and fifty games. He's going to have a big party at the MCG, and I think he's going to kick at least five or six. They're going to be just feeding him the ball.
Speaker 2: Against the old rival.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If they can get out to a nice comfortable lead, I feel like they're the type of team that looks after each other, like, let's make sure Tomahawks having a good day playing for the club this Yeah. Yeah, especially because I feel like Jess Cameron will just be super selfless and be like I'm giving him all to.
Speaker 1: Tom hw looking around waiting for him to come up. Tom Hawks still in wait. Wait.
Speaker 2: I met a lot of good blokes in footy over my time.
Speaker 1: Jas Cameras one of the biggest legends.
Speaker 2: That one of the old time. We spoke about Travis Clarke last week. Anytime I can crow bar that man into the podcast, I get it in there. We've got two teams with no wins coming up against each other. It's hard to sell this one really, but Brisbane versus Collingwood up at the Gabba, two teams, two battlers, just trying to get a win on the board. Grand Final rematch. I think they played in that last year? Was that only last year?
Speaker 1: Last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Brisbane have Dowo Day back maybe Apparently he's an absolute gun according to Harrow on the decks, big Brisbane fan coming back after his ACL injury. So that's something that you love to see. H And who gets who gets the zero rubbed off their name? Well, we don't have to get tips from this one because we know it's going to be Collingwood. Mate. Yeah, you're going to go up there and feel.
Speaker 1: Comfortable, probably putting my opinion on it's always gonna be the same every week, Brandon. Yeah, it's gonna be a big game up there at the Gabba. Obviously, neither one of us since I think one of the first times in history I want to say that both teams are played in the Grand Final haven't won a game within the third round. The weird thing is the same things going on in the interral too. Someone told me this. Yeah, yeah, said the NLS hit the same issues.
Speaker 2: Great to be part of history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, not in this case, mate, But yeah, it'd be an awesome opportunity for us to go up there as a team, be able to hopefully, you know, prove ourselves over there at the Gabba and get a win up there.
Speaker 2: I just had a thought, But then I don't know if I bring it up, because you talking about stadiums doesn't end well. But heard a lot of trash talked about the Gabba, how it's dilapidated and they're going to rip it down before the Olympics starts and all this. Do you like the Gabba? I've been out on the plane, so playing surface wise, I love it.
Speaker 1: My biggest issue with the Gabba. You walk into it and you walk down to the rooms. There's a big red sign as soon as you walk in and says clearance six and a half feet. Now, I'm gonna tell you this. I'm six foot eleven and that's then do my math six inches taller than what the actual clearance is underneath. So my neck is sore as soon as I walk into that place. I don't know who built it. I know what it was now part of the Oopahloopa gang or something like that.
Speaker 2: Is the stadium?
Speaker 1: Figure this out, Gaba, figure it out. Take some pipes out and put them somewhere else. Give us a bit of head room. Unlet's walk around without having to look sideways walking out of the place.
Speaker 2: Sam Landsberger was saying that there's parts of the stadium that aren't up to code, and there's parts of like disability seating so isn't isn't up to spec. So they're looking to rip it down. But like it's doing me interesting what.
Speaker 1: They do because the Olympics is coming there and I think, like what six or eight years yeah, and they're going to have to have a you know, a major sporting stadium. That's going to be up there in Brisbane to showcase all the different sports going on.
Speaker 2: So it's like they just want to cut some corners and just you know, put a fresh coat of paint on it, and it's okay.
Speaker 1: The Olympics are kind of a big deal. You can't do that, So you're going to be interesting how that pans out if you.
Speaker 2: Wanted them, if you want it, to ship them down to Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I mean we put the MCG.
Speaker 2: We just cancer the Commonwealth Games, so we can't.
Speaker 1: We cancel them, so we can have something bigger, bigger happens here.
Speaker 2: But let's get into it. We got our fan questions.
Speaker 1: Our favorite parts the little little say on the podcast.
Speaker 2: I love it because one, we don't have to do as much work they send us the questions. Two, I just love answering the questions. Now.
Speaker 1: Most of the time, interesting ones get thrown our way.
Speaker 2: They're not directed at me, but I get to ask them, so I feel special. Let's jump into some footy questions off the top, and then we go general life questions and we go dating questions, and that's when things spice up a bit. Last week I mentioned the bird ship on my head. The actual bird, the bit of extra gel on the hair. Yeah, it was it was brown. I was telling Harrow.
Speaker 1: Still waiting for the dam from the.
Speaker 2: Okay, first funny question, how would you have handled the streaker from last week? Say there's a streaker up there at the Gabba. They come running right at the Big Mace. Now we've heard what you said allegedly that you might do. We want specifics.
Speaker 1: Well, I think after this week, knowing that there's a ten ten thousand dollars fine on the other end of it, I might have to change my answer. I don't know that I would full tackle him now. I might just you know, pull the jersey, hold him up, have them have the running man feet just going underneath them, and then just hand him over to the security. I'm not sure if that's against AFL laws or not, but maybe just a trip, maybe just a you can't trickle.
Speaker 2: That's gone. I feel like it's a.
Speaker 1: Ten grand fine for tripping a streaker. I'm going to be just in absolute all.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's going to be streakers running out there, and there's going to be players running away from.
Speaker 1: Streakers, and we're going to try not to get fine.
Speaker 2: It's like that Benny Hill music as everyone runs around the stadium, the Scooby Doo. How they're running in one door and out the other door.
Speaker 1: Let's just help the security. There is athletic this week. Yeah, they're limbered up.
Speaker 2: I hope he's done his yoga like I suggested. Last week, we got Old League. That's from Old League twenty three. This one, this one was sent in by a lot of people. We've got a lot of John Noble love. When are we going to see John Noble?
Speaker 1: John Noble's birthday this Monday? It was so we always say John Noble's got an incredible birthday. We keep celebrating, and it was actually his birthday on Monday, so shut note. Yeah, he's been playing really well in the VFL. Don't make decisions as far as selections, so apologies. I can't really undredstand answer this question in there. I know there's a lot of love for John Noble, and we have a lot of love for John Noble here on the podcast, but yeah, I've got no idea. He is playing really well and he's doing his job in the VFL, and it's you know, up to selection to be able to decide where his fate lands. But he's doing everything in his power to be able to try to play AFL, So it's a it's a credit to him in the way he's gone about it. Obviously not an ideal situation of being up. Been there many times in my career and it's it's a tough pill to swallow having to play in the twos. But he's doing everything you can try to get to the FL level.
Speaker 2: Again, he's having some good games down there in the VFL. Now this from m Black forty two. How do you handle everything personally when the team's going pretty shit?
Speaker 1: You turn off social media. I've deleted Twitter, deleted TikTok. Yeah, I just kind of TikTok's. Yeah. You get to that point where you just kind of realize, you know what brings you positive and what brings you negative energy in life, and you try to just cut off all the negative stuff and you only focus on the positive. My number though, no, i'n't deleted a number of restricted I think, but I think I haven't blocked it yet. But now you kind of you look to your inner circle friends and bring your happiness. You find the things that fill your cup. You focus on those and you really try to block out as much noise as possible. I know there's a lot of things that are being said, and I come into the studio sometimes and you tell me stories that are being said because I've got no idea, because I afficiately said I did not pay attention to the media this week because it wasn't healthy for me. So there's things that you do to look after your own mental health. There's things you do to make sure that you're in a positive attitude going into the club. You're not, you know, stressing about things that are out of your control. And I think that's one of the things we try to do is we try to stay level throughout the season. We talk about not being on the roller coaster, the ups and downs and everything else. So, yes, we hope to be in a better position than we are right now. Yeah, but you know, we want to stick to the process and have faith that things will work itself out.
Speaker 2: Is there a player out there that you admire? Is there someone that you look at them? I'm guessing it's probably in the rock sphere. Is it a bit of poly Farmer? Do you ever look back at poly Farmer's old film Real? So that's the guy Sam Newman, you go back and check his old three hundred game resume.
Speaker 1: I probably would not say Sam newans stuff he said recently, but is what it is now. There's people you admire, I think in the way they go about it and the way they handle media and stuff. Obviously, Darcy Moore is what everyone kind of looks at is the perfect person, right the perfect role model, and I will say he is the perfect role model for a lot of people. Brotty Grundy a good friend of mine obviously too. There's other people that I think they're a part of Phil Davis with someone you know, I still stay in contact now. He's a very intelligent human being. Stephencniglio another very intelligent human who's been through it and had that Amazon stuff and very public about a situation. The way he's kind of worked through that you definitely idolize and you say, you know, it's a credit to him what he's been able to get through. There's those kind of players I think you think of right away. There's definitely a lot of guys in the league that you look at and you play against stuff like that, and obviously they are opposition. But whenever you're off the field, you see how they do their media and how they represent themselves and different things they do often and you just kind of take a leaf out of the book and oh, that's pretty cool what he's doing. I wonder if I can kind of somehow put that into my life. So, yeah, there's a lot of people that come to mind, but I think those are the ones that you look at and you say, Wow, they're pretty intelligent in the way they go about it, and it's a credit to them and their professionalism to be still where they're at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you reckon the rock? Craft has changed so much over time that it's hard to go back and kind of take anything away from previous rucks. What do you mean, like, so, like, would you go back and look at like a Dean Cox's game like the early two thousands and go like I could take this and that Or has it evolved so much over time? Or is the rock still the same as it was twenty.
Speaker 1: Years as much gray area and the rock contest is there ever? I has been now? I hundredson think that. I mean, I think if you look at any center bounce and there's a free kick, given you look at eight players that probably look at each other and go whose free kick is it? And then once the umpire of points one late, everyone just sprints that way. It's like no one really one hundred percent knows what's going on.
Speaker 2: I feel like the rock is just completely like I.
Speaker 1: Think I've never met an umpire that played rock.
Speaker 2: I think I say that Bill Buckley talk about it, where it's like the Rock is just different. They're playing a different game to everyone else out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's a one v one kind of situation. You go against someone else. The free kicks that you would get if you weren't in a rock contest, you would get all the time, but because you're wrestling and throwing each other and everything else, Like, it's just depending on the umpire where I wants to call it. On the day. You can sit there and look at some people and it's like, if you were to do that in a marketing contest, oh my god, it should be the easiest free kick you could possibly call. But because it's a throw and all of a sudden, we just allow it. It's the weirdest concept I still don't understand to today, And it's getting to the point where I think when I first came into this situation of being at rockman, I was kind of like, oh, that's kind of weird. Why is he getting away with this? And it became the understanding of what can I get away with rather than sometimes in what you know, like especially when your learning the game, it's like what can I get away with? Rather than you know, how can I handle such a situation, because you realize that there's so much as a rockman that the little things you can do there probably should be a free kick, and that a lot of rockmen get away with. Not me personally, I try to be as straight down the line as possible, but I could name every single rockman in the league and what they do illegally that they get away with. Well.
Speaker 2: I think like if you were to take the arm chop as an example, if a midfielder goes for any mark above their head and gets their arm chopped, instant free kick ruckman does it.
Speaker 1: There's no discriminations. Discriminate with height.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like it's unfair because they go, like I remember Geelong, early in your career, you did get paid like five free kicks in one game because people figured out like if you're seven foot, if you put your arms up no one can spoil that, so they're like, for the good of the game, we can't call arm.
Speaker 1: Shops like arm chops and like like pushing people under the ball. Yeah, the taller you get, the less of those calls you get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 1: Weird it's a weird dynamic, but that's just futty.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we'll get into the general questions. Now, what made you keep going when you wanted to give.
Speaker 1: Up in footy in general?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in footy they angled it towards footy for you and then life in general for me.
Speaker 1: Love that all the time. Yeah, I think, like, obviously we are going waves of I guess encouragement from friends and you know, I guess motivation to want to do things. I would love to say that every single day I've walked into the club, I've been in one hundred percent energy. It'd be an absolute lie. No one is like that twenty four to seven. But I think you have to remind yourself. And one thing that I try to consistently do is just, you know, remind myself of the impact you can have on other people, Like seeing kids at training sessions and seeing them get so hyped up to see you and stuff like that is awesome, and that gives me a lot of energy to show that you kind of are a role model for other kids out there and be able to give them a bit of hope, and you know, maybe an opportunity to say I can be like that one day. You know, that's pretty cool. And I think the other thing is just to remind myself just kind of how far you've come from whenever you first came here and never seeing a football and everything else to the experiences I have now. I'm so fortunate with what I've been able to do and what I'm still doing and the things that come with it, Like you talk about the f one over the weekend, like things like that that I never thought my life I would ever be able to experience. Now I look at it those awesome times, I'm like, man, this is amazing. Like never in my life I think I would be able to get here. So those those kind of humbling moments are things that kind of get me through the tough times, just trying to remind myself that those things do happen. And there's a lot of positivity that's going in my life. I've got an amazing family and friends that support me. So I think those are things I consistently try to look at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a hard one because you don't you don't overanalyze it. You don't want to.
Speaker 1: Over No, you don't want to just keep digging that hole.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, no, Yeah, I feel like you kind of just have to keep going because you can't just give up.
Speaker 1: You can't just Yeah, you'd be more upset with yourself after you gave up than if you just grind through it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely like the thing of like, yeah, one hundred percent going to fail at something if you give up. Yeah, but at least if you have a crack, there's a chance that you could succeed. That would be my little tidbit. But how do you get through engineering? That's from Alistair Mitchell. Now, I don't know if that's I think that's for you.
Speaker 1: I think I wish I could say one hundred and centruth here, But I think I might get my my diploma taken from me if I did a lot of hard work, a lot of sleepless nights.
Speaker 2: Is it hard?
Speaker 1: It is so hard? Man, Like it's all about you know. One thing I will say is a bit of advice writer is as an engineer. Whenever I was going through my interview process to see if I can get a job, one of the things they valued almost sometimes not as much, but it was definitely a part of it was your people skills and your ability to talk to people and you know, the things you did outside of education, so like whether you're involved in net book clubs or societies and stuff like that. People really valued that. Just to say, like, you know, on a Monday morning and if you come into a job, you never want to be going to your coworker and go what'd you do over the weekend? They go just you know, just watch TV. It's like, you know, you want to have a story to tell. You want some energy that's brought into the office. You want someone that can sit there and be, you know, bringing the energy up rather than bringing it down. So I think that's one of those things that as a not only you need the education side of things, you have to work really hard and that's what engineering teaches you. And I think about my work, ethic and everything else, and how much of that came from having to struggle through engineering to try to get that degree. And I was doing you know, two or three nights a week. I was doing sleepless night. So it was because I had to juggle basketball and obviously this education side of it, so it wasn't easy. But yeah, I think it's trying to make as many friends as you can that can help you out with study and all that, and then that also will help you out as far as the interview process, to show a bit of personality that you know people are interested in.
Speaker 2: In a couple of words, what was your study technique? Were you a crammer or were you Did you have a good memory?
Speaker 1: Did you I was. I made the most impeccable cheat sheets you could possibly think of. So if it was an open book exam, oh my gosh, that book had that many notes and they were like scribbled in the tiniest of texts to get everything. I had. Every single problem I could possibly come onto the test was written in the book. So as soon as I got to that that problem, I solid I memorized it. I was like, that's on page thirty nine. I can flip straight to that. I know exactly how to figure out this problem. So yeah, it was it was a bit of cramming as far as a text size or cramming in. But I think you know the most. Sorry, the more you can prepare for the things like that, the better you'll do. Preparation as key as I say.
Speaker 2: And what happened to your arm? Because people are starting to notice this week too. People are starting to notice that you've got this scratches and stuff every week. They're saying, it's almost every week.
Speaker 1: Happens three four tackles on the weekends. That's what happened to me. Now this is from rock contests. Yeah, so you talk about the things you can get away with and everything else. You can rip people in the face. That's where we're with the glasses and I've got the black eyes scraps on my face from people ripping at me over the weekend. Yeah, these will be scars here. This is just from rock contests throughout the week and someone had long deal with it. Yeah some rockman do you find out pretty quick. But yeah, now's it's just part of it. Like unfortunately, that's amazing that people are looking into the detail that much of what's going.
Speaker 2: On come in, really coming in. They thought it was zooming in on the phone. It was fly with the nine tails just whipping you up for another whatever you did, whatever you did, it would have been your phone. Are you planning another live podcast? Both of those are from kendle Man.
Speaker 1: We'd love to. I know, I've seen a lot of other people doing them at the moment. The biggest thing is probably a lot of people the live podcasts around games and like gather around and things like that. But unfortunately, the situation I'm in right now, I can't really do that. So yeah, well fortunately, yeah, fortunately unfortunately, So yeah, we don't have anything planned in the month. We did do the on the Valley live podcast. That was awesome. That was a really cool experience, first time for us doing that, and we'd love to, but we probably just need to make sure that if we were to do one, we would be able to sell enough tickets. So I don't know, we'd have to really don't know how we do that, but we'd love to do another live show. Would be pretty fine. I love the one down in the Golden Plains and b TV. That was really good fun. So shout out to everyone that showed up and just hold your horses on that one. We'll get back. I think we'll get there.
Speaker 2: We'll get there. This one from Mary and duffy. What's the most underrated state in the US. That's a quick one, Texas.
Speaker 1: We'll go to Utah. Yeah, mountainous scene and kind of rolls through there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, underrated, like it can't be. You can't say like New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, New York. It's over. Yeah, argum, it's just raided.
Speaker 2: I'll go you all right, let's get into the dating advice because this, this is.
Speaker 1: This is where you shine.
Speaker 2: It's a bit hot in the studio. First of all, Ja Thorp these see what I was realizing that I was cutting people's names in half. So the name is probably not Jay Thorp, but it might be it's j Can you run a dating event?
Speaker 1: What like a speed dating event?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like that. Maybe it's like you know, however, I'm starting those fun run club things. What if you just couldn't be fucked running.
Speaker 1: I'll say, I'll give a shout out here. There's a new app one of my friends is running called hump Day. Check it out. It's so yeah, it's like a meetup. I think they do it every Wednesday. They have a big meetup. Recent stufff No. Branden Jesus is a classic establishment. It's a class establishment. Yeah, Wednesday's hump Day man Haven event every Wednesday. Ah, you're sick about it?
Speaker 2: Looking for the other app I think from here down, I'll stop mentioning names just in case they want some anonymity, So I'll stop mentioning names. But you know your questions. How do you push nerves away when you're trying to make a move, Like obviously it's a nerve wracking experience to go up and ask someone for their number or something. How do you push the nerves away? What's some nerve tactics?
Speaker 1: Nerve tactics I always I always think like the likelihood of me probably running into them ever again is very slim. That's a good call, and I'm like, who really cares at the end of the day, might as well do it. And if you stuff up and fumble your words or like look like you, it's like you you do, you just leave the establishment, just go to the next one.
Speaker 2: I think that's always the thing. Hey, when you're like interstate or whatever, you always just walk around with a like a higher sense of self confidence because you're like, I'll never see these people again. I'm not from here, And it always works. You're always like chatting up people, and you're in circles that you don't normally mingle with and you having a blast. If you can treat your home like states or city the same as if you're in a like interstate, yeah you'd laughing.
Speaker 1: I think confidence is key is the thing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I'm not sure if that helps with the nurse, but and then for everything else, there's alcohol in a in a nice amount.
Speaker 1: Can find amount that gets your home and.
Speaker 2: Real safe good, don't drive and just look after yourself out there anyway, I'm twenty one and no guy has shown interest in me. How do I get out there? If I don't like dating apps, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I'm think getting out there is like you go do social things with people, right, Yeah, I'll told him. I know our first moved here, I didn't know anyone like I had to go out and I went to random things, you know. I would go to the night Noodle or the night markets that Queen Vic and South just talked to random people or so hard to people, or bring a little crew and.
Speaker 2: Get the potential.
Speaker 1: I think there's like an app called like meetup, which has a bunch of organizations you can do stuff with. Join like a netball club or something like that. You know, just kind of get to the point where you can be in a social environment. I think whenever you're in that, you'll start making friends.
Speaker 2: It's definitely put yourself in a social environment if you're if you're trying to look for things you don't like dating apps, which everything's moving towards dating apps, so you should probably try and get comfortable with dating apps for starters. But outside of that, I definitely get there's a massive portion of people that don't like the dating apps. You have to be willing to put yourself into those social situations, whereas sporting clubs. Sporting clubs are massive.
Speaker 1: Great, it's a great social thing. I think. I know some people get like, you know, I'm stressed because my friends are meeting people and all this kind of stuff. Where do I meet them? And like, if you never put yourself in the scenario of what you want. So if you want to meet someone out, you have to be out. You can't just be sitting at home. So like, and sometimes it's hard to like sit there and go I have to put myself out there and go do these things with people and like go to events and stuff like that. But I think that's the first app. And then you start meeting other people and you buy the people, and then you kind of you tear down your ego and say, look, maybe I just moved here. I'm trying to find friends. You know, is there anything that you are doing next week? I would love to catch up again, whoever it may be. And then you start making friends.
Speaker 2: In that scenario, get out to those like the art sip classes, have a couple of SIPs, paint and sip your peyton and you're sipping and.
Speaker 1: You try to bring this up while you're talking about dating apps. You sent me a photo this week, Yeah, of a woman's bumble account. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was her profile and in her profile was a picture of you and her. Now in my profile, there's a picture of me and you, and we didn't bond over this shared picture.
Speaker 1: She didn't like your bad.
Speaker 2: I didn't not to throw shade on anyone, but I don't. I just put it to you to be like, how do you know this person? What is this going on here? But there's a massive chance that I'm not swiping You're right. If I see a big picture of Mason cox profile.
Speaker 1: I want to tell this story because when you sent me that message, right, I was thinking something of the podcast has come up. I need to look at this, right. So I'm sitting in the box at the f one I'm talking to, you know, let's say it's a big wig of some sort. But I get this message from braid and I go, I should probably, you know, check this real quick, make sure there's no issues. And all of a sudden, the first thing comes up as a bumble video. I couldn't have just swiped away from that thing quicker in my life. And I'm sitting there. I was like, what the hell is that about? And I kind of like, yeah. The next thing I go and I go check and I was like, what is he talking about? And then someone starts talking to me, so I locked my phone and then I started talking to someone else and I opened it up and the damn the same photo showed up. I was like, Braiden, just why are you doing this to me? It's not the place of time.
Speaker 2: That's not good for you. But I think I do that often where I'll be on the dating apps swiping and then I'll go, I need to go get some chocolate or something from Carls. I'll go to Carl's and when I go to pay up my app and there's like thing and I'm trying to tap it and it's anyway, it's a shambles.
Speaker 1: On to the next one.
Speaker 2: So this one is a very good one from Jessica. How long is too long to stay in the talking stage?
Speaker 1: I'd say, if you haven't had this conversation six months, then it's probably an issue.
Speaker 2: Well during COVID. During COVID there was like the talking stages were forced very long. I hate talking, but I am not great for this advice because I try to go conversations like just talking in general, Like you know, you're back and forth on the app or you're messaging, messaging, messaging. How when do we meet up? We talk for a week, we talked for two, Come on, let's get on a date. Because you might get on the date and you might be like, I actually hate this purse. So my thing, though, is like get through it quick, go hey, how's it going. How's your deb been? Oh yeah, haha, blah blah blah. Do you want to catch off for coffee sometime or drink most of the time, that's too quick, And people say, really, they just disappear. Yeah, so I'm out there trying to get into some dates. Let's go get through. I want to see catch up for a date because I can hate messaging mate so much. I hate messaging, So there's nothing wrong with go out, grab a drink, grab two drinks, grab a coffee whatever, get a vibe of a person in person, because that's what they're.
Speaker 1: Really like to date the coffee day, not the full.
Speaker 2: And then date two is like the real day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's very true. You do the coffee date, which is an initial meet you see how you're going, do I like you do? We vibe so you don't have to commit to too much. It might be thirty minutes, might be an hour. You always have somewhere to go after, you know, I always something to do. You got to get to and then if it goes well, you just extended, so I'll just cancel the plans. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, in answer to your question, I would say I don't want to be chatting to you for longer than a week.
Speaker 1: Yep. I concur on that one.
Speaker 2: Last one, we go into this one. How do I convert my Carlton boyfriend into a Collingwood boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Shoot him berry and put a colining wood jumper on and he has no choice.
Speaker 2: That's that's great, it's gonna happen. So it's like, I don't know death.
Speaker 1: Death, do us part.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you ended up getting together. That's Blesphemy, that's Juliet's the.
Speaker 1: Real awkward day at least twice of the year, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 1: I don't know you got yourself into that one, Julia, So not my fault.
Speaker 2: But you've had it over for years. Yeah, some pains coming back your way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I can't really give you too much on that one. Good luck. That's all.
Speaker 2: Wrap it up, Wrap it up.
Speaker 1: That is the preview to round four. Round four, I want to say round three and a half, we'll call it. Yeah, it is the preview to the round. And then also we love the footy question, so massive thank you to everyone that just sent a question in for us, and we will do this weekly. So we're gonna give back to the community a bit more. We want to make sure that everyone out there is that having their say, So make sure next time you see it on the social media you get on we're gonna maybe answer your question. We'll bring up on the podcast, so so check it out. But that is it from us today. Hopefully we get the win over the weekend and we'll be back on your airways on Tuesday morning. You that's it. Nice