Speaker 1: We both just wanted to do the intro. No, it's all yours you guy, No, you please? All right, Hey, guys, welcome to life uncut, Ask gun Cut. I'm Brittany and I'm Laura, and this is our short, sharp and jazzy little episode where we answer all of the questions that you have been sending. Actually that's a lie. We answer three of them, by all of them. We don't answer all of them. We go through them and we pick out three. So britt has picked out three doozies. But thank you to every single person who has written in a question for ask Guncut, and also to everyone who's been sending in their accidentally unfiltered. We love it.
Speaker 2: Did you notice we had a lot of messages this week in the dams end emails that were a little bit different. We had a lot of appreciation messages. It was strange like they all came at once, so a lot of people saying, hey, literally just want to say thank you.
Speaker 1: This might have been off the back of our last episode, which is all about like for your deep seated childhood trauma, which we really brought to this. How it bubbled up, didn't it? So I'm very glad that nobody listened to that episode, and then in retrospect was like, ah, my life is duck and I hate those girls we're talking about it.
Speaker 2: No, we had a really great response, So we're glad that a lot of you really got something from that episode. Because I actually really got something from that.
Speaker 1: I learn a lot. I also love that everyone has been if you haven't listened to the last episode we're talking about, we're talking about the episode it's all about attachment theory and attachment styles and how we bond to our partners and how we communicate with them. And we have had so many people write in because of it. But also then we've had a load of people sharing their results from the attachment test that you can do as well, which is so nice that people have felt brave enough and vulnerable enough to share. It's a big thing. Well, I wouldn't got my lashes done.
Speaker 2: And the lash lady was like, Okay, I love your podcasts, like I proper love it. And I was like amazing, and she's like, my favorite episode was Love Languages. This is just a few days ago. My favorite episode was Love Languages. And I said, do you know what so strange? It was unexpected, but that was one of our most popular episodes. Everybody really really loved it. And she said, yeah, I went home and made my husband do the quiz. And she goes, no, wonder we have fights. We didn't know anything about each other.
Speaker 1: She's like, so now we've learned about each other's attack. And she was actually saying it's changed. She says, changed their relationship, and I was so toughed. I was like, I just love that because I think it's easy for you and I to forget that so many people actually losen Oh my god, the amount of people who have come up and been like, I listen to your podcast. I'm like, I swear way too much and I talk about way too many inappropriate things about my personal life and share it with the whole of Australia and whoever else listens to it from other countries too. I have a funny story to tell you where it's not just what happened just then, was it fit? So we just went to plug. We just went to plug the road caster in which like, if you've been listening into the studio, okay, if you guys have been listening to this podcast for a while, you would know that we have a really high tech studio which is actually just right next to my bed. So we're sitting on this little tiny table next to the bed and Britt goes to plug the podcast machine thinging in and there's this like contraption on charge next to my bed that I don't want to say anything. She just like moves very far away from it, doesn't want to touch it, and plugs it into the opposite plug. And I was like, what are you doing. She's like, I don't even want to know what that is. I'm not gonna ask this.
Speaker 2: It looks exactly like this high like a high tech vibrator, That's what it looks.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh my god, she's forgot to put it away, and now I have to like pretend I haven't seen it. So I bought a micro current facial thing the other day online. I don't know too much time in isolation. I was like, I need to do something to my face. Bought a micro current facial that's what that is. I'm I'm all for it. I just didn't want to have to touch it to move it out of the way. That was my problem. This is so I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I hope you guys find this funny because I was washing myself. You may or may not have seen or heard that I'm single and I'm on Bumble and Brittany's face is currently on a whole lot of bus stops all over Sydney as well.
Speaker 1: If you're not from Sydney, you might not know this, but BRIT's currently the face of Bubble. You go get more single than being the pinup girl for it. Literally dead rest in peace of me.
Speaker 2: So I'm on all the bus stops and I put a video up on my Instagram that was I thought it was really great, and you know, I was taking a piece a little bit, the Bumble sign comes up and whatever. I put that on my Instagram and I'm in a group family chat. Everyone's in it. We're and it always goes nuts. Everyone who was always talking and my mom and dad are like, well, my whole family is. But mum and dad are like really really supportive of it. Anything I do on Instagram and they always, you know, if I put it like a post up where I'm like you could get a discount on the they always swipe up and like they do all the stuff, they click all the buttons and like no, they're supporting me driving the engagement. And I'd be like Mom, Mom and Dad because I don't tell them if I'm signing on with a brand or I just don't. I don't feel them in So when they see it, they're really interested and they're your biggest cheerleaders. But they're like what she doing now, Like I'll go and have a get these products whatever. So in my caption on my video on Instagram, I made a joke about Mom and Dad. I was like, Mom and Dad always told me to put myself out there. I hope this is what they mean, like, aka, my face is on a bus stop. I go into the group chat and I'm like, hey, guys, I was like, Mom and Dad, go check out my latest post, like you know as in So I just wanted them to go and have a look and have a little laugh. Anyway, the group chat's going and then Mom writes back, Oh, they're asking a lot of questions and I was like what, and she's like, oh, they want a birthday as well, and everyone just like there's six people in the group chat chatting, and then all of a sudden, Mom has no idea what she's doing. All of a sudden, she's legitimately signed up on Bumble. She's got a profile and Bubble.
Speaker 1: She doesn't know what it is, and she's actually Suan and I were dying. She's she's got a whole profile Bumble. She put aging, but she left the brackets open, so Dad was in there, going, Nicki's matching, swiping away with like twenty one year olds, like this is the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: We were dying, and mom starts losing it. She's like, I had no idea what I was doing. I just thought I was seeing what you were doing. And she ends up with a profile Bumble.
Speaker 1: She got a photo on there, and the imagine that your mom is like slightly technologically challenged and that she probably doesn't know how to delete the profile that she has. No, she doesn't. She's got a wildly active profile of Bumble. When we told her, she was just in hysterics and Dad She's like, oh my god, I don't know what I've done, and Dad's in They're going, sure, Nikki, she's pretending she doesn't know what she's done. She's gone on a day twenty one year olds. It's like, I'm just gonna go out with the girls tonight. But if those of you that don't know.
Speaker 2: My parents have been happ we married for forty three years now, so it's a bit of a joke.
Speaker 1: But that's why it's funny that mum's on Bumble. But then once we've all died of laughter, she's like, no, seriously, how do I delete it? She's like, I can't delete the profile. Just let it leave it there. She can veto everyone for you. Now, she's just set your age bracket to as wide and as far as it goes, she can be matching guys in Port mcory left run Centers. I was like, Mom, I appreciate your support, but you do not need to sign up to Bumble for me. We need to get this episode dialed, guys and in the can because Bachelor is going to start very very soon and we also need to watch that. So we have got three questions which we're going to answer for today's episode. Britt has chosen every single one of them. I'm excited. Britt hit me with the number one question, right ya. This is it not heavily sex questions, Laura.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to tell you this because I know you love the sex ones, but these are all just a little bit different.
Speaker 1: And I why do you I feel like accused right now?
Speaker 2: Well because sometimes I read sometimes I told Laura of the questions and she goes, where's the sex?
Speaker 1: Once living vicariously through you all like you literally say that is not dirty enough? Okay, all right, all right, Well so the g rated questions, it is half of our listeners. Just check out right now. Now. They're good. They're good. They're good.
Speaker 2: So my boyfriend of four years has befriended a girl on Instagram who lives in Canada.
Speaker 1: Now, this happened a little while ago.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how they started this online friendship, but they started chatting a little bit and they just became friends. He's brought it up a couple of times, talking about what this girl said or you know, oh she said this, she's doing this. So it's not like he's hiding it. But when he brings it up, I see him to go straight to jealousy and suspicion, and I just don't engage as much in what he's saying. Then he'll stop talking and say what's wrong? Why are you going quiet? And make it like it's a big issue. But I never want to be that girl who says you can't talk to this person, you can't talk to whoever you want, Like, I don't want to be the controlling girlfriend. However, I've recently found out that he talks to her quite a lot. They did a twenty questions thing to get to know each other, lots of banter, and they now have each other snapchat and in his best friend's list with a nickname. I haven't seen any mention of my name all my existence in their text, even though he has assured me that she definitely knows of me. So I guess I just have to trust him on that. I don't know why it bothers me so much. He's very faithful and I know for sure he'd never cheat, but he has a history of not realizing. He's been a tad too flirty with girls. But this flirting was like two to three years ago. Am I overreacting? Can I say anything? Or should I just trust him and let him do whatever he wants to do even though it makes me uncomfortable? I think it is easy to answer.
Speaker 1: I think it's easy too, and not because like we're gonna say that you should be the controlling girlfriend, but anything that makes you feel uncomfortable that's your intuition telling you that something is wrong and it is odd. I'm gonna say it, it's a bit bloody weird that your boyfriend of four years has become penpalas with some hot Chicken Canada. So if that makes you uncomfortable, which it would make me uncomfortable, I think that you are absolutely allowed to ask questions around how did they connect, Why does he feel the need and want to talk to her so often? Why do they have this close relationship when they haven't met and there needs to be some transparency there.
Speaker 2: I really agree with this. It's this is not a matter of being a controlling girlfriend at all. This does not make you controlling. I just want to say that.
Speaker 1: To start with, it is very I mean, Laurie is the word odd. I think that's a tame word. When there's smoke, there's fire, baby, That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's you've been with for four years. There, it shouldn't be a need for him to strike up a friendship with a hot chickenline that he's not met, that he probably isn't gonna met meet. There's in another country that he.
Speaker 1: Feels the need to do like a twenty question things with to to really uncover who they are as a person. Like I just think it's all very unnecessary. And if it makes you feel so uncomfortable and you're inner committed relationship where your happiness should be a priority, then he shouldn't be defensive when you bring up that this makes you uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I think the other thing that I thought of in this is I was trying to think, Okay, what if my partner was making friends with someone and wanting to chat to someone.
Speaker 1: I think that's okay.
Speaker 2: When it's like he comes home and he's like, hey, this new chick started at work. We're all gonna grab a drinks or whatever.
Speaker 1: She's really cool.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I changed exchanged messages, but like sort of still work related. Like it's so fine to meet new people and want to get to know new people when they're into your life organically like that. This just seems like he's gone and sought out something. So I'm just wondering if he's missing something. He feels like he's missing something. I wonder if he's trying to make you feel guilty when you question him about it, and that's that's not cool, because after four years in a committed relationship, you are completely entitled to say that, Hey, you constantly talking to another girl that I don't know makes me feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: That is so okay to say. I'm just trying to imagine if Matt was to ever do that, Like if Matt just came home one day and was like, hey, I'm now twenty four to seven texting some other chick, like my spidy senses will be off the freaking radar. Oh my god, I'd be like, okay, well give me your phone. I'm not saying that going through someone's phone is a good idea. I think it's a terrible idea, And you never want to get to a point where you feel so insecure in a relationship that you feel like that's your only option, because it's almost like a drug going through someone's phone. You do it once and you think that's going to be it, but then you realize how easy it is, and then you'll continue to do it because you'll keep tabs on that person. I question, though, how did you know or how do you know that he hasn't really spoken about you in his messages unless you have already read them, or has he yeah, or has he just said I speak about you. Yeah that's not enough.
Speaker 2: Like he's like, yeah, she knows about you, but but this girl's never seen it. My other like huge red flag and we all know that I know everything about red flag. She's like, this one is the color brouge and this is what's wrong with her.
Speaker 1: This is plum plumb red. No, this one is okay.
Speaker 2: So you're talking on Instagram or Whatsapple, whatever you're talking on, it's always an alarm bell when you take a chat to a whole nother platform like Snapchat, it's unnecessary because you're already talking in other platforms. Snapchat is renowned for people being sneaky, for people sending inappropriate photos, for sexting, like and I'm not saying that's all it is, because it's not. But when you're already talking on these other platforms, why do you need to take it to this third platform that's sort of renowned for disappearing texts?
Speaker 1: Like it's a bit of an alarm for me. Oh yeah, one hundred percent. I reckon that you've now that I feel like we've got this one in the bag. This question. Honestly, you are not abnormal for this making you feel uncomfortable. It would make any any check feel uncomfortable, and you can say you know that you completely trust him and that you know he would never cheat on you. However, emotionally cheating is the same thing. So whether it's physical cheating or it's you know, him getting his emotional connection and fixed from somebody else, and then they're both signs of being unfaithful. And I think that this really warrants a very open conversation about how uncomfortable it makes you feel, a level of transparency and if he respects you, which I'm assuming after four years of being in a relationship he should, and he prioritizes your relationship, he'll have no issue with being open and communicating exactly what's going on. He'll have no issue with showing you the messages if that makes you feel better, because you're not accusing him of anything, you're just explaining how uncomfortable it makes you feel, and your happiness, your security and that relationship should absolutely be priority.
Speaker 2: I would also maybe just ask him, be really open with him and ask what he's getting from that that he's not getting from you, Like why he feels the need to strike up this conversation, because maybe that's a conversation worth having. Maybe he feels and I'm just throwing.
Speaker 1: This out there, guys.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's like, Okay, I just don't feel like I was getting enough attention from you. I remember when I was in my relationship of a lot of eight years, the first one probably four or five, and we were so tight and strong and like I knew he would never cheat, but this happened, and he had struck up a conversation with a girl online.
Speaker 1: He never actually met her, but they were talking a lot. And then I didn't really know about it.
Speaker 2: I found out they were talking a lot, and I straight up said, like, what on earth is you don't just go and talk to another girl after four or five years, Like what.
Speaker 1: Are you doing?
Speaker 2: And he said it was just an innocent friendship and he'd stopped. Then I found out a few weeks later he didn't stop. He was still talking to her, and I got really really mad. I was like, this doesn't fucking fly, Like I let it go at the start, but now it feels like you're sneaking around. And he was really really open, and he said he was quite upset, and he said, I don't I think if I'm being honest. She was giving me attention and I didn't feel like I was getting it from you anymore. He's like, you're so busy at work, spark was dropping, you know, four or five years. It was just a bit monotonous. And he was really honest. And then I had a look at how I was and I thought, Okay, I probably have been ignoring you a little bit and not giving you enough attention.
Speaker 1: So there's something in that as well. Maybe have a lot get how you are with him at the moment, how you guys relationship is maybe he is just looking for someone to like stroke his ego. I totally agree with what you just said, Britt, but I'm going to just kind of like add to it a little bit as well, Like, there is no blame placed on you if somebody cheats or if somebody does the wrong thing, or somebody behaves in a way that is like outside of what you are happy and healthy with in your relationship. That is not a reflection of you at all. That it's not a reflection that you're you're guilty of not providing enough. He is responsible for communicating that something's lacking.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and but we totally met halfway. He was like, I'm I said, I get that I've done that, but that is not an excuse for what you've done. And he said, I absolutely agree. Yeah, shouldn't have done it wrong thing. I'm just trying to say, one, I'm reflecting on my behavior. That's why I think I did it. So we It was a very adult conversation and we got there in the end, and no one was to blame.
Speaker 1: It was just that we should have bloody communicated. That's pretty much what we saying at the end of every question that comes up is that communication is key. Like that's what's going to sell everything in a relationship, being open, being honest, speaking about it vulnerably, and explaining how it makes you feel, and then giving him the opportunity to explain that back as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right. Question number two, Okay, this one's a weird one. Well, I think it's weird. I want to know what you think of it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Two of my close friends have already had kids and have used my favorite names that I had prepared for my children for the future.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 2: Tried to think of other names, but I just can't. I just love these names too damn much. I told them at the time that I just loved the names that they'd called their kids, So they probably wouldn't be surprised if I did call my kids that name.
Speaker 1: Now, they'd be pretty surprised. What I want to know is is it okay to also name my baby the same name as they've named their babies.
Speaker 2: Should I ask them first? What do I do if they say no, that I can't use the name? Additionally, the names aren't unusual, That's what she said at the end. Additionally, the names aren't unusual, unique names. If that helps you in your decision making, This is such a good question. So I haven't like, oh, it's not a funny story.
Speaker 1: It's just a story. What happened when when I was pregnant with Marley, a girlfriend of mine. I obviously we didn't know if I was having a boy or a girl, so I kind of hadn't really chosen a boy's name. But I had a list, like a short list of four names that I really liked, and then I only had Marley for a girl. And one of my closest friends. She said to me, and I was like six months pregnant, she wasn't pregnant, like she was not even close to being pregnant yet, and she said to me, you can't name your baby Hugo. And I was like what, And she knew it was on my list and she was like, that's my name. Like that's weird. She wasn't even pregnant. She wasn't pregnant. And I was like, you can't bag the name before. It's not the way to get in first. Like well it is whoever gets it.
Speaker 2: No, but like no, whoever gets in first, if you're both pregnant, whoever has a baby first. But you can't just bags it for ten years time. I was like, babe, I'm going to beat you to the finish line on this one. There's baby's coming before your baby.
Speaker 1: But anyway, obviously Marley ended up being a girl, and since then, my girlfriend who actually one of the name Hugo, is having a baby, so so like you know, that sort of stuff all worked out in the wash. But I think people become pick like quite possessive and they feel very, very attached to baby names. And I think it depends on your friend, because for me, if you were going feel like, what if call it Marley May, it would be so fine. I would just think it was weird, like I wouldn't. It wouldn't change our friendship. I wouldn't think of you any differently, it wouldn't affect us. I would just think it was a weird thing to do, and I'd probably talk about it one hundred back exactly. But do you actually believe from the bottom of your heart, if I was like, meet my daughter Marley May, you would be okay. I would be okay with you as a person. I think the situation I would find very strange, but like, We're not gonna have a fight over the fact that you picked the same name. No, but you would go to your other friends and be like, can you fucking believe she called a kid Marley May? Like, So it would be you're not gonna like end the friendship, but you'd be like, what the actual far I'd be like, I think Brittany's obsessed with me? Yeah, Britty ALLAWSMI and she married a guy called Matt, so is we I'm going to assume that you're not pregnant yet, And this is just like a question for the future. When you are pregnant, maybe have an open conversation with your girlfriends and gauge the way that they feel about it, because if they are really genuinely like angry and they really don't want you to have the same name, then that's obviously something that you have to decide on and think about and everything else. But you've got plenty of time. There's so many names. There's millions of names out there. You can find another name, okay that you connect with this.
Speaker 2: This is what I think about this. When you say like there's millions of names, I'm sort of leaning towards that maybe you shouldn't call. I mean, if it's okay, look, if it's the Bill and end All and this is your favorite name in the world, and you cannot imagine your child not having this name, who cares? You might not be friends with these people in ten years and your child's going to have that name.
Speaker 1: Name it. But there are a lot of names in the world, And I feel like if my best friend called moly May, if.
Speaker 2: My best friend called their child the same as my child, it would I'd be lying if I didn't. If I wasn't thinking like, okay, what the hell like you you could have had five billion names and you picked my name, I would be a bit like, ah, like it's not gonna end the friendship, but I would think it was weird for sure, And I think that there are like you know, we were saying, it wouldn't end the friendship, but there's definitely other people out there who it would be a real wedge for them, and it would be something that they would find difficult to overcome because you know, it's very sentimental becoming a parent, having a child, naming them, that whole process is a very sentimental process for some people more than others. I think the other thing you need to ask yourself in this situation is do you have like an attachment to the name because it's significant to you because you know it's your grandma's name, or it's a family heritage name. Those things kind of negate the conversation, and I think that then it's totally acceptable. Like for us, May is a family name, so that was always going to be Maley's hyphenated slash middle name. However, Hugo means nothing to me from like a family perspective. There's no heritage. It's just something that I like. And you know what, I like the color blue. I also like the color green.
Speaker 1: Like I think that if it's just a name, that you like then for the sake of the fact that you you know your child can have a I just think, I just think for the sake of like they're not being any arguments or any like any like anxiety while you're pregnant, or any anxiety after you just had a baby, Like she is hard enough. You don't need to make your life harder by naming it the same name. I remember, same, same, bit different. I remember my dog not the same. No, it was not the same. It's not at no, not it's not my baby.
Speaker 2: But I had the dog that was She was a Border Collie, my best friend in the whole world. I took her everywhere with me and her name was Mia. And then I had a friend that got a dog. She called it Mia, and I remember saying to my other friends, why would she call it Miya? She knows my dog is Mia.
Speaker 1: Like I was so perplexed by that, and I thought I was and she's like, I was like, oh, you called it Mia, and she's like, yeah, love the name, and like your dog's so cute. And I remember being like.
Speaker 2: Dude, there's like twenty million names in the world, but like they didn't change anything.
Speaker 1: But I remember being like that was weird, Like you could have It's a little bit Stepford wives as well, especially if you spend loads of time with this, Like if it's your two best friends and you take both their names, they're kind of gonna come together and be like what the fuck? Yeah, like she did not just want of our names, both of their names. But okay, I think, like let's just wrap this up and come to a conclusion. It's weird, okay, question number three. Okay, my conclusion. My conclusion is no, it's not wrong.
Speaker 2: Yes you can do it, but if there's any other names that tickle your fancy, I'd go that way just for like ease, but like, yeah, one hundred percent, if it means something to you, go nuts, Like you can call your kid whatever you want. We're having to laugh about it, for sure, but there's there's nothing wrong if you want to do it, but just have the chat them too, Say hey, I bloody loved this name so much and I've loved it for a long time, you know, would.
Speaker 1: You be cool with it? Don't spring it on them, like, don't just like us say oh, I'm not going to tell you the name, and then after you've had the baby announce it exactly the same. I think like have a conversation. Obviously they are friends, but I do think you know, just as much as you have every right in the world to choose whatever name that you want to, they're also they also have a right to be a bit annoyed by it if you know, they feel like it's something that's has that you've been insensitive to their needs and wants. So like, you know, it's a it's a strange situation that may not go the way that you want, and during pregnancy, during childbirth, you probably don't want to add any more stress to your life. However you do your girlfriend Question three. Question three, I need some advice that I can't go to my friend's bomb. Recently, a really good guy friend of mine has brought up in conversation that he would like to date me and see how things go. But a bit of a backstory to this, I have kissed him in the past quite a few years ago, didn't really mean anything.
Speaker 2: Then, I also have a twin brother and he is my twin brother's closest friend.
Speaker 1: Also, one of my really good friends was.
Speaker 2: Dating him at the start of the year, so this is quite convoluted, massive, messy messy. My question is should I see how things go with him and date him or leave things as a friend basis as there are just too many people involved that could get hurt if things eventuated but didn't work out.
Speaker 1: Can I go first? If this was me? And like, this is totally subjective because I think you know there's really no right and wrong in this situation at all. But if this was me, unless I had this really strong attraction and urge to be with the guy, like really really really knew that I wanted this, I wouldn't be going there, Like, I think it's not worth the potential fallout for like some hangs and bangs. However, if you know that he's going to be cool, if you know that you're going to be cool, if you know that your brother's going to be cool, if you know that your friends gonna be cool, there's me no drama. Go for it.
Speaker 2: Do whatever you have to weigh up the pros and CON's girlfriend I want to know and I think you need to think about because we have discussed this before in other episodes, the sort of like no go friend zone. So how serious was the relationship with your with your closest friend and this guy.
Speaker 1: Do you mean they saw each other, like they went on a couple of dates, they hooked up one night, or were they seen each other for six months? And we're in love? Because she more in love than he was in love. Because even if he wasn't in love and she really really wanted to be with him, that could also just cause the real dramas.
Speaker 2: I think if they were anything remotely serious, I don't think you can go there, and I don't think it's worth going there because it is pretty convoluted.
Speaker 1: With your brother and your friend.
Speaker 2: But the brother things, not even the thing that is like a flag for me in this because I think that that's okay. A lot of people date their siblings' friends like fantastic, especially if it goes well. The flag for me here is that your friend dating him, And that's what I think you need to consider because that could be really, really detrimental to your friendship.
Speaker 1: And also, like Laura said, is this guy endgame? Do you think that this is like is this.
Speaker 2: Attraction so insane that like you can't stop thinking about him, and you know you.
Speaker 1: Need to explore it.
Speaker 2: If it is that intense, for sure, go and explore it. I don't think that you should fight something like that if you actually think that you could be soulmates and it could be something really really special. If you literally are like, oh, it's so like, just don't do it.
Speaker 1: If you do want to explore this and you want to kind of see where it goes, then have a conversation with your girlfriend first so that she doesn't feel like she's been blindsided by it. Like you can chat to her, say you've got feelings for him, Say you know it's not something you expected to happen, but you really want to kind of see what that means and gauge her response, and then you'll be able to gauge your feelings towards her response as well. So like, have some really open conversations, and then if you think you want to give it a crack, I can ride him into the sunset. Yeah, but there are a lot of ties here. There are there are, And I think you know one thing that we always say is don't bring drama into your life unnecessarily, Like, unless you know this guy's youre penguin, then like you just don't want to overcomplicate your life and make things messier than they need to be, especially the sacrifice of having a really great friend or losing a really great friend. But yeah, I totally agree with Britt. I don't think the brother's an issue in this, Like he blurred, He's going to be there regardless, even if you really screw this up. Yeah. I wouldn't ask for his permission either. Yeah, just do it. Don't tell him. I kissed a few of my brother's friends in my time. Does your brother listen to the podcast? Nobody knows? I actually dated white.
Speaker 2: I kissed one and I end up dating him a little bit and it didn't go very well. My brother was like, this is too like my brother and him, his name was Adam. They had been best friends since they were.
Speaker 1: Like four years old, so he was.
Speaker 2: Almost and it didn't We didn't date for very long souse I was like, you sort of like my family, Like you've been in the family a long time, Like we ancestuous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had an attraction. We all hooked up and then we were like, yeah, like we have fun together. Why wouldn't we do this? And I remember we went to the movies once we kissed in the movies, and I was like, this is not right, like it was just sad. It was not right, so I called it. But yeah, I've kissed like probably four of my brother's friends. So my sister and I are so close in age, we've got a three year age gap. She's older than me. But we have never like, we've never had any crossover. I remember there was this one time this guy hit on me and he was really hot. I was at a nightclub. Oh my god, I would have been like twenty two, so long ago, now like ten minutes, twelve years ago. Guy, don't think about that. So I was at a nightclub. This guy came up to me and I was like, wow, this is wow. And then I found out within half an hour of me schmoozing him and thinking it was going to go somewhere that he'd slept with my sister. And I was like, oh you like, I can't do it. Yeah, you're really harass. Like we could have been something this could have been. He could have been mad. Now we would have been married and had a baby, you know, and have a really messy bedroom. We could have had all those things.
Speaker 2: But of course there's not going to be crossover like that. I think if you had a brother, oh you do, I do have a.
Speaker 1: Brother, but my brother's also really young in comparison to me, Like if I was going for guys seven years younger than me, which you know, and no shame in that, but in there yeah yeah, BRIT's like, what are you talking about? They'll meet raffle. No, I was gonna say no. So my two brothers have two older brothers and they're only like two and three years older than me, which is like when you're growing up and you're a teenager, they're like the hot older guys that are two years older than you, like daddy, and all those guys date the girls two young years younger like it. They were always at my house drinking. It was who needs bumble or tinder when you can just have your brother bring his friends around the house. Yeah, well not not these days. That's why I go back for the twenty five year old. All right, guys, well that is asked for this episode. It is short, it is sharp, it is our ask uncut. We will have another one for you next week. Come back with the sexy questions. I'm here for them. I'll bring you some sexy questions, some sexy ones next week. Well only if the people bring us this questions. Well, there you go, so bring them pressures on. If you haven't accidentally unfiltered for us, then send it through. Also, if you haven't joined the Facebook group yet, get on that. It's Life un Cut podcast and you can get in on the Batchy chat thread which is happening there. It's going to be happening there tonight, being that this is Thursday and there's going to be another episode, So join in the conversation. And you know the drill.
Speaker 2: Tell your mum, tell your dad, tell your dog, tell your friends, tell your neighbor, tell your brother, to your sister, and share the love.
Speaker 1: That was a lot of telling. You go on, spread the word because we love love. The members