Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart.
Speaker 1: App Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show Podcast, Day two. What a Dad Wants?
Speaker 3: What a Dad Once?
Speaker 1: What a Dad means? Something better?
Speaker 3: Dance arts and Hey, gees, I'm asking you so.
Speaker 1: Collin and tell me everything. This week it's a public.
Speaker 2: Service for fellow dads.
Speaker 1: What would you actually want? Kids?
Speaker 2: If you listening, you can call it right now. The lines are open right now. Thirteen fifty five twenty two. What would your dad love? We have one thousand dollars a day to treat dads this week.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: In the show, Bella called Essendon memory video for her Die Hard Bombs fan dad.
Speaker 1: My baby bit about that.
Speaker 2: Was because obviously everyone should for that club.
Speaker 1: At the moment. Is that someone after we chatted to.
Speaker 2: Better and said you can absolutely have that, said I've got a load of thember bits she can have for free. Free people are offloading the glory days. Crystal wanted they've got six kids. You remember Crystal say they got six kids and her husband just wanted it's mute, windows tinted we.
Speaker 1: Got that done.
Speaker 2: Some voicemail mails that came in after the show yesterday.
Speaker 4: Good morning Christian and the team.
Speaker 1: My name's Chris.
Speaker 4: And for this Father's Day, I've asked my adult sons to hire me out a skip and to come over on Sunday and help me clean out my shed. They left a lot of stuff behind when they moved out, and I want it gone. I'm hoping to create a workshop in there so that way I can get to all the tasks that the wife's created for me. So hopefully we'll get that done on Sunday and then maybe I might be able to buy some stuff and create a workshop.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I like guys enjoy Father's Day. I hope you get spoiled a heap.
Speaker 2: A lot of these are quite humble, aren't they Just a simple skip, here's a gift to attach and.
Speaker 3: Just the sons to just do their job for It's just take a minimum.
Speaker 2: Maybe on tomorrow the show, I'd love to hit some other mums and dads. What did you do with the spare bedroom? Or and you know it's kind of like now you've got the empty nest, what do you fill that empty nest with?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 5: Step here, I'd really like to get my husband, David tickets to see Evil Dead the musical. He's a really hard worker. He's always there for the kids and he never gets any time to himself. I think he'd really enjoy this as a Father's Day gift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you very much. Lines up and now what dad want? Thirteen fifty five twenty two. Give us a call, would take your wishes.
Speaker 1: Next The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Barnes already mountain high five to seven eight, carry over the five. It's five away from h That's what I was doing there.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's advanced masks, just as some of the young kids are.
Speaker 1: At my level.
Speaker 2: So many guys might have thought it was stumbling over words. But not at all, not at all. Amateur radio presenter Dave Higgins who does the show after us, and he's coming on very well.
Speaker 1: It's a young kid. If you met him, you and the game.
Speaker 2: He's sixteen sixteen. He won a competition in the local paper. You know, it's a lovely little story. Anyway, he said, Christian, no way on the second floor.
Speaker 1: Are we thirty meters up? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Think of a ten meter Olympic diving platform. Ye, it ain't three of them. I'm sorry I listened to your mate.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I wasn't listening to Greg laganas there's no way I reckon it's twenty Yeah.
Speaker 3: Under twenty for sure.
Speaker 1: And it also says.
Speaker 2: Who could we ask who would have a job, would have the actual proper tools to be a swing by today? Jump out the van or ute and set up something where they would measure elevation. What is that that you know that you know when they're before they build something. It's got orange legs and orange tribe and then they've got a mate down there with a piece of string. Yes, we use them quantity surveyors. I oh, are they surveying quantity is elevation?
Speaker 1: Sure? What about?
Speaker 2: I know they're busy, but they're not always rushing around. Would the fire brigade mind getting a ladder up.
Speaker 1: Which doesn't have a ten meters and measure?
Speaker 3: I don't see any fires around, so I think they should be fine to just swing on over.
Speaker 2: Okay, Kaitlin, is that something you could do after the show today? Just we're in Richmond Firehouse.
Speaker 5: I can give it a go.
Speaker 4: I also have a friend that is a fiery, so I can ask her if she wants to go up a ladder?
Speaker 2: Yeah, please, just I just need someone that it can measure once and for all. Is it twenty to thirty meters?
Speaker 1: Yep? All right? So where were we? Oh? Yes, what a dad wants? That's right. So this height thing of the building is really perplexed me. What a dead?
Speaker 5: Once?
Speaker 1: What a dead meant? Something better?
Speaker 3: Dan, I'm asking you so Colin and tell me.
Speaker 2: My kids actually answer me, es, what do you want? I think I might change everything. Now, just get some of that measures elevations. Then I can go around and just dows are my friends when around the house?
Speaker 1: Come?
Speaker 2: Hey, do you remember the way your house is seven point eight meters high?
Speaker 3: With my new measurer, I've always thought when people ask you, what superpower would you have? I would love to be able to know the distances between any two things immediately.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're doing what her dad wants. Dad's what do you actually want for Father's Day? This Sunday? Call me thirteen fifty five twenty two. We have one thousand dollars a day to look after the dad. Caitlin's on the line, now, good morning, Caitlyn, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Good morning everyone. How are you going?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I'm just going to leave Kaylin Hay in there.
Speaker 2: She will kind enough, you know very well at the moment they're trying to measure the hight best. So I've got them an important business Kitlin is it is it your husband or your dad?
Speaker 6: It's my husband. But it's twofold because if I get this with my husband, then my father in law will be very very happy because I would love to get my husband a whipper sniffer so that he can return his dad. The amount of comments I've had of where is it?
Speaker 2: Where's it going again, it's become a source of tension.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's gone to the point where he's actually writing his name on all of his tools.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I mean we do that and my fairy with the chargers, but tools.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so there's lots of tools around the house with carrying on it which is not my husband's name. So yeah, this will be a great Father's Day gift for him.
Speaker 2: And for my father in You're right, it's a it's a double dad gift, doesn't it. It helps two generations of dad's come back together and unite.
Speaker 6: That's right, and they're big Ryobi fans. I've had my eye out on one. Yeah, buddy around.
Speaker 2: My little rechargeable lawn mower is a Ryobe as well, and I've got a Roby leaf blow as well. Yes, for smaller plots their ideal. Those whipper snippers though, I mean small thing, big rage. They are a nightmare of themselves. You you're actually giving your husband rage because it's a nightmare. They cut like a meter of the grass and then they just need that little bit of string teasing out again the cable.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's his pop on.
Speaker 2: That's you're the peacemaker here, these two warring fathers. Yes, granted, wish you can have a round your iby whipper snipper.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: I'm sure he'll be very excited to get out and gone this weekend.
Speaker 2: What a great day he's got ahead of him on Father's Day. Get out there now and trim those borders. Rob's on the line. Good morning, Rob.
Speaker 1: Want to go there? You're going, Yeah, we're good. Welcome to the show, Rob. So is this for yourself? Oh?
Speaker 4: This is for me?
Speaker 1: My stupid kids right I asked for I asked for a golf driver for Silas down and said, you got to stop breaking your golf clubs.
Speaker 2: You know, I get it when I know when I was learning golf and I stopped trying to learn it. My last ended literally launching a driver in to a hedge and just driving off. I think my sevennine is still there somewhere in Hampton.
Speaker 1: Now I get it. What do you wrap it round a tree or a train that had snapped off? Rob?
Speaker 3: Maybe it's a sign that maybe maybe you move on to a hobby, yeah, bouldering.
Speaker 1: So what is it? Do you know what you actually want? Is it callaway way? After?
Speaker 4: I just got to golf clearance center and there's one for about two hundred and twenty five dollars, which I had an eye.
Speaker 6: On for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: I just love the humble ambition of the golf clearance.
Speaker 2: Golf clearance centers have sales on three, six five days a year. They're never not sell modes. You obviably see Tiger Woods down, then all the proach film Mkerson, you know it's a clear and sell man.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, Rob, we'll give you the cash.
Speaker 6: You're great, Thanks Christian.
Speaker 1: Try not to break this one. I won't take you.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: That's it for today. We are back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Email me, why is it fun with someone's voice?
Speaker 1: Give that came I had of John Hamm at the super Bowl? Can we get that five minutes time? We played it on the show a couple of months ago. It's the best one ever. He's bringing out a team.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when he was like screaming and he's starting the key way too high and.
Speaker 1: Then get ready. Another technical term is testy pop.
Speaker 2: Yes below Man Robers had that next to Father's Day gift. All right, so email me today. It's back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: What a dad wants? Email Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com. Today you Christian O'Connell Show one Podcast