Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influenza and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Amy Torber and coming up. On today's show, Lucy Jackson and Nicki Wescott revealed what really happened when they reunited with Lilly Brown. Kate Cassidy gives first interview since boyfriend Liam Payne's death, and why Georgie Stephenson's dream house is on the market, but first. Mikayla Tester has revealed she's set to share the full story behind her experience with the Paul family on her new podcast, Kate, Can You tell Us More? Well? The news really contradicted her most recent statement that she would be moving forward legally, so last Wednesday, she wrote, Hi, guys, I did promise receipts. While going through and actually collecting them and reviewing them, I realized something very, very sinister was happening to me for many years. This is something the police should be seeing, not the Internet. Although at some stage I will be able to share my story in full, as I have shared every piece of my life with you all so far, I will have to delay. For now. I will be moving forward legally. The way it should be now. There was a bit of a backflip by Michayla on Friday, because she then shared a photo of a couch and a microphone and wrote, where I'm about to sit for the next two days, telling you all absolutely everything I've wanted to say that couldn't coming next week. She went on to say, not a single stone will be left unturned. This is my story, my experience, and my choice to share now. The podcast is called The Unsaid Podcast and at the time of recording, has one hundred and eight thousand followers. I'm sure the Paul family are looking on very nervously at this. I actually gasped when I saw Michayla's post. This was so unexpected, and when I clicked on her Instagram, it originally said that the podcast was going to be hosted by Michayla and Alisha Mackenzie. So Alisha is Michayla's friend and manager. Now it just says it's going to be hosted by Mikayla. I wonder if this is a legal decision, because if this does go to court for defamation, Mikayla will want to protect herself, obviously, but she might not want to fit the bill for a friend. I was really disappointed when I saw Mikayla's announcement pop up, because I thought it was really mature and a good move that she was going to take things offline. Well, a lot of people are now saying, oh, well, did Mikayla originally call Anna pull out just to get attention for her new podcast. I don't actually think that that's the case, but it is an interesting move to bring the podcast out so soon after. I think the podcast is just sort of a one and done thing. I don't think she's going to continue to release episodes. I think she's just chosen this as a format to share her story. Really, I potentially think that this podcast had been in the works for quite some time because the photo was taken in a professional studio. Obviously, the Instagram had been set up, and Michayla's manager was going to co host with her. I think maybe she looked at the attention she was receiving and thought, well, now it's probably a good time to announce that I'm doing this podcast because I'm going to get mass exposure from views. Well, from a PR perspective, it is a pretty clever time when everyone is looking at your page. But that theory doesn't really make sense to me, because two days earlier she said that she was going to stop speaking about it because she was following it up legally. I think someone's just come to her and said you should do a podcast, and it's happened all pretty meganically. She also might have received legal advice that maybe the evidence she found wasn't enough for a potential prosecution. She's clearly lawyered up, and after the response Anna received from her video, I think that she's probably feeling very confident to keep talking. I hope that the podcast is focused more so on Atis than Anna. But a concept I talk about in the work that I teach is quantum leaping, So it's like, you know, it's a bit of a buzzword to in TikTok. It's like how to manifest and quantum leep. Influencer turned entrepreneur Georgie Stevenson has revealed her dream home is on the market in an unusual move. The multi level Hilltop mansion is listed for both sale and rent. Before we get into it amy, For those who are not familiar with Georgie, who is she?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Georgie is a successful entrepreneur who started out as a lawyer and influencer. She is close to four hundred thousand followers on Instagram and she co owns supplement brand Naked Harvest, as well as owning a mindset and manifestation course Meditation of Mindset, app, skincare brand and podcast, and at just thirty years of age, Georgie is a self proclaimed multi millionaire and is married to her long term partner Tim and together they have a three year old called Ivy. Now, this home that Georgie lives in is probably one of the most insane influencer houses I've ever seen. I'm curious, why is she moving out of it? Well, the crux of it is that the home isn't family friendly. So in a Q and A on an Instagram story, she revealed the exciting news that she is trying to have a second baby this year, and in making those plans, she's realized that a house isn't as child friendly as they would like for a newborn. So she wrote, it's the most incredible house, like it's my dream house, but also we realize maybe not the best in our current chapter. In an ideal world, we keep it rented out and move back in when the kid's older, But I don't know. See now, I had a squizz at this house on real estate dot Com. It is absolutely insane, but it's probably the least kid friendly house I've ever seen. So the main issue with the house is that it has six different levels. It does have an elevator though, which Georgie said is helpful.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The house itself takes up four levels. Then there is a separate level for a self contained studio, and at the bottom is a backyard. And Georgie and Tim's bedroom is on the top level, while their daughter, Ivy's bedroom and the other bedrooms are on the third level. That must be real pain having to go down in the lift. That sounds like I'm taking the pits, But it would be a real issue having to go down a level to get to your daughter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, will.
Speaker 1: Georgie explained that she didn't like the thought of having to go down the stairs with a newborn, and they actually bought the house when Ivy started sleeping through the night and walking. However, she did say that if they want to go take her down to the backyard, it's down eighty steps, so she actually can't play unsupervised I want to know if they have someone working in the lift, you know, back in the day when it comes to be. But I'm just saying this house is so op And on the second level we're going to Ivy's Plea, there's a six level house. I mean, it seems like they use it quite a bit. Well, I actually want to start manifesting after looking into some of these features of Georgie's house because she's onto something which I think it's the best influencer house I've seen. Step First Smith's family property is a close second, but this one takes the case.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And this property is built on a hilltop next to a conservation reserve. It has the most incredible views of the Gold Coast skyline as well as the beach. And it's not a small property. It stretches over one thy one hundred and thirty eight square meters. There are five bedrooms, five bathrooms, and infinity pool, spa gym, outdoor kitchen, as well as you mentioned Kate the self contained studio. Where do we sign up to Georgie Stevenson's manifestation course. The one feature that I couldn't get over was there is this really strange toilet in the middle of the living room, so it isn't it is encased in this stone cylinder, but it's just sort of randomly in the middle. And touring a mini house tour Georgie recorded back when they first moved in, she said, it's a little round toilet in the middle of the room, so random. We love that. That's probably the most kid friendly thing there, just having a toilet that's so close to the living room. Maybe not the stone. I might have mentioned this on the podcast before, but some friends of ours they moved into a house that had two toilets in one bathroom, so you could sit across from your partner basically and go to the toilet at the same time. That'd be convenient when we shared a house, because we don't mind going to the toilet in front of each other, but I don't go in front of my partner. Who Maybe it's when you have kids, like it might be easier if they need to go at the same time. Maybe it appears that Georgie is having a bit of trouble finding a buyer because the house was passed in an auction back in November, and since then she's got a new agent and they've now listed the asking price, which offers over nine point nine million. This is the sort of house that you would see on Luck's listings. What I couldn't wrap my head around is that the property is also available for rent, so it seems like it's Georgie's preference just to rent it out. If you want to rent this place out, it's going to cost you five and a half thousand per week. It's pretty crazy to think that that's even an option for the couple, considering it's such an expensive and it shows you how incredibly successful Georgie Stephenson is. Even if you compare her to other influences, her business Naked Halves is obviously doing extremely well well. The couple originally purchased the property in twenty twenty two for seven point five million dollars, so they have made quite a bit off it if they do sell it over the nine point nine million range. Their property manager Ed Cherry said that they've actually been offered over nine point nine million dollars quite a few times before when it wasn't on the market.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: In terms of what they've done to the house, Georgie shared that they were slowly renovating the property in twenty twenty three. So all they appear to have done is changed the color palette to a whitewashed color. I think it just shows how strong the property market is. Yeah, exactly. That's offered enough, just in normal house sales to bump up the price. I've noticed that every property, if you just paint the walls white, it goes through about one hundred k more. I'm just so intrigued to see what her next dream house will look like. I think a lot more child friendly, maybe one level.
Speaker 2: The amount of questions that came off the back of that asking us about if we saw Lily, if we saw Lily Brown.
Speaker 1: Lucy Jackson and Niki Wescott have addressed their much publicized feud with OG influencer Lily Brown the Happy Hour podcast hosted. Ever since the trio reunited at m Davies Hens, they've been inundated with questions about what really went down. Now, Sophie, our podcasts even got to mention, yeah, I was so excited when a listener sent this through. Unfortunately our podcast wasn't mentioned by name, though, but the host did talk about our segment. So a couple of weeks ago, we did a segment about all of the awful media scrutiny around M Davies's Hens party outfit, and also touched on the intense interest around M's guest list. Now followers were very intrigued to see if there would be any fallout between Lucy, Nicky and Lily because they were going to be spending a boozy weekend together in Bali. The trio fell out around five years ago, allegedly over Lily's boyfriend at the time, Jerome. Now in the segment, we said that we would love to have seen what really went down at this event, and Lucy and Niki were kind enough to drop us a couple of crumbs. Here's what they said.
Speaker 4: I heard on a podcast I got sent to me, and they were like, you know, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to see all the drama that happened, and blah blah blah. You guys will be actually like thrilled to know, or maybe not, maybe you want the tea, but like genuinely and this has always been the case since we had our falling out with Lil back in Fucking Timbuck two years ago, since we've seen her at things for years now, there's never been any face to face drama no ever.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 2: I think we just sort of have always just kind of tried to move forward and grow and not whole grudges.
Speaker 1: Lucy went on to say that she's always been very mindful that they're a lot older than Lily and when they enter a social situation, they never wanted to come across as two versus one, and she added she never wants to make Lily feel nervous alone or scared. Well, that is very mature of them, and Lucy and Nicky seemed quite surprised that people were actually still interested in this friendship fallout. They said to them, it feels like such a long time ago, and that they've had fifteen different lives since. Do you think they're trying to save face there? Because whenever I've had a friendship fall out and you haven't seen the person for a long time, then when you see them, you're taking back to that moment. I would have thought if it wasn't such a big deal, then they would have made up by now, considering they've got the mutual friend of m Davis. Well, that's the thing. It was very clear in this podcast that even though they were trying to have water down this reunion and say it seemed much more dramatic online. It's clear that they haven't rekindled their friendship with her, despite the fact that they've seen her at numerous sociates. But it can be over a disagreement that you had years ago and still not want to be friends with someone. I don't know, because if I was over it, then wouldn't you just all be friends? I mean, it seems like the situation. It seems like what they were trying to say is, look, no one had an argument, but I get the vibe that they probably just ignored each other. It sounds like that because Lucy made a point of saying that she spent most of the Hen's weekend on the dance floor not speaking to anyone. Like It's not like they said, oh, yeah, we caught up and had a great time. Isn't it the most awkward thing ever when you are at an event with someone that you have had a falling out with and you want to be staring and like looking at what they're doing, and you can almost feel their eyes burning a hole in the back of your head. Well, I actually feel more sorry for em because I've been in the situation where I've had two people at an event who were exes and I've been having to try and make things not awkward for them, and oh, it was still awkward for everybody. And I really appreciated the fact that they both came and are both lovely about it, but it's really awkward logistically, even when you know you've got your big tape, we'll set up you're gonna have him on opposite side entertaining for the friends. Yeah, that's right. Well, Lucy and Nikki also put to bedroomors about m Davies' engagement party, so at the time there was a lot of chatter about why they weren't in attendance, and a lot of people thought maybe it was because Lily had recently been named as EM's bridesmaid and it might have been awkward for all of them to be together at a relatively intimate event. Here's what Lucy said about it.
Speaker 4: There's so much over speculation. We couldn't go because we were on that Great Line tour.
Speaker 3: We're contracted to.
Speaker 2: It to ur we would never never make change her dates.
Speaker 4: And you've also got to remember guys Emlys in Perth like it is so expensive, Like, we don't just zip around that.
Speaker 2: Quickly to Perth.
Speaker 4: So even if we were free, like I'm sure we would have made it work, but like, even if we were free, it's a huge investment to fly to Perth.
Speaker 2: Like I just thought we would have one hundred percent gone if we're free. So we Yeah, we literally were contracted to the Grapevine too, and it just didn't line up. Yeah, and she was cool with it.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 1: That will be at the wedding, went to the Hens like Happy Days. I really love that they actually addressed the rumors and go there with their listeners. I mean, that's probably what sets them apart from a lot of influencers, because there are so many influencers that will put up a Q and a box and then they'll get you know, all of the questions will be, you know, what happened with you in this person, and they're like, I'm not going into it, so why do you put the Q and a box in hers? Exactly?
Speaker 3: My life has changed so much and I think about Liam every second of every day. It still doesn't feel fully real for me that he's not here. Sometimes you know, I'll week up and it's a reality I have to feace.
Speaker 1: Us influenzer. Kay Cassidy has broken her silence giving her first interview since her boyfriend Liam Payne's death. In what appeared to be a paid interview with UK tabloid The Sun, Kay opened up about the one direction singer's frame of mind during their final days together and how she found out about his death. So Kate's decision to give an exclusive interview to the Son of all publications has raised eyebrows. Yeah, it has really surprised the public. I mean I was anticipating seeing her maybe on a platform like Call Her Daddy, which would appeal to a younger demographic and also be more of a cultural moment for her. I never thought she would give an exclusive to one of the UK's biggest tabloids, particularly one that has such a terrible reputation for its treatment of young styles. Well, the journalist Clemmie Moody was interviewed on one of the morning shows in the UK and she specifically pointed out that it was Kate's management team who had reached out to the Sun a couple of months ago about doing an interview, but they put it on pause. I wonder if they were hedging their bets. I don't think The Sun would have been their first choice, particularly because they have faced allegations over phone tapping and really intrusive practices. I don't think it made her look good by giving exclusive interview to them. If anything, I would have thought that Klemy would have fought really hard to win Kate over, because in the interview she made a point of saying that she knew Lee when he was on The X Factor and made out like they had some sort of friendship there. So I thought, well, maybe Kate's agreed to do this interview because she thinks that Clemmy's going to go easy on her and be quite sensitive. Well, there's been a lot of speculation that this was a paid interview. There has been no confirmation of this. I would assume it was. I one hundred percent think she was paid for this interview. If her management team a shopping around the story, they're clearly looking for a particular price tag. But do we blame her. She's lost her partner, and yes he was worth a lot of money, but that money is going towards his eight year old son. So presumably she would be in financial trouble because she was renting a mansion with him. I am assumed she's moved out. Yeah, well, I'm assuming he was paying for a lot of the bills. I can completely understand why she'd want to be paid for the interview because she's opening up about such a personal and emotional time. And also she would want to clear her name because for some reason, she has become a villain in this whole story when she is the innocent partner here. I would have thought she might have saved her story for a book. I'm sure there's a lot of publishers that would be paying her a lot of money to tell her side of things. There is still room for her to do a book deal. Because the interview was very surface level, she had strict rules in place as to what she would and wouldn't answer, and the interviewer later came out and said that she was barred from asking Kate about the will in particular. I was also waiting to hear her ask questions about the sex workers that Liam was seen with in the days leading up to his death. That wasn't touched on at all either. I think that gives more of an indication as to how The Sun actually got this exclusive interview because they might have been the only media organization to agree not to specifically ask those questions, because if she went to a more respected media publication like the BBC, they would have said, no, if we're doing the interview, we need to ask you all of these questions to be balanced and fair. Yeah. Well, this interview was filmed and then broken into two parts which were featured on their website, and it was also cut up into a ton of TikTok videos. Now, it was quite interesting because Kate wore very minimal makeup and she was dressed down in jeans and a green knit T shirt. And this seemed to be a strategic decision because she was absolutely torn to shreds after Liam's funeral because she was accused of wearing too much makeup and supposedly caring too much about how she looked. I actually didn't recognize her. I've seen a lot of her tiktoks, and I was like, oh God, she looks completely different. I think that must have been because she was so paired back. Well, she looked very grief stricken, she looked very upset. Well, in this morning show interview, the journalist actually said that she could tell that Kate had been really mindful about what she wore, her makeup, her whole image, and she said it wasn't a vanity thing. It was more so because she had been so torn apart online. You could tell that she was second guessing everything, and she felt really sorry for her. She's also got a team around her, a management team who have analyzed the feedback that she's been getting, because an interview like this is also a career making moment for her and she really needed to present herself in the best way forward. Now I want to jump into the most interesting parts of this inn. There has been so much speculation surrounding the final days that Kate spent with Liam in Argentina and why she left the trip early so she flew home four days before Liam ultimately fell from his hotel balcony, and following Liam's death, there were rumors and a lot of reports that the couple were fighting whilst they were in South America, and that Kate issued Lim with an ultimatum saying that he must choose between her and drugs. Rumors of a rift between the couple were fueled further when it was reported that Lim met with two sex workers on the day of his death. Now, the interview went easy on Kate because instead of asking about any of these things, she simply said, did you have fond memories of your last day together? And I thought that was a very interesting way to phrase that question. I think that's a great way to phrase it because it's a very loaded question because if she says, well, no, I didn't, then it's like, well why well. The journalist points out in this interview with The Morning Show that a lot of what Kate said came across as really rehearsed, and she also would be yeah, and she said she can understood why she did that, But the best parts of this interview was when she was actually off the cuff. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: In answer to this question, Kate said that they had an idyllic last day together. They woke up to a beautiful breakfast and went horseback riding. We saw all of that on snapchat. And when asked about the state of mind Liam was in when she left, she said he was very positive and so happy. Here's why she said she left Argentina.
Speaker 3: Originally we thought we were only going to be in Argentina for about a week. Give her teake a little less a little more and after two weeks, I had a responsibility. We had a responsibility, we had our dog, And obviously I never would have thought this event would have occurred. I never would have thought that this would have happened.
Speaker 1: So Kate is referring to the couple's rescue dog, Nalo, which they adopted shortly before the trip and the grab we just played. If Kate has been going viral with someone direction, Fance not happy with Kate referring to Liam's death as an event. I mean, they wouldn't've been happy if she referred to it as his death either. This is a twenty five year old girl who's literally grieving the death of her boyfriend. I mean, I get that one. D fans are upset, but we need to remember she actually had a relationship with Liam. She didn't just know him through his music or what we saw on TikTok. This was a real relationship. And I also think because Liam's death is still being investigated, she's mindful not to refer to this as an accident or a crime. I think that's why she said this was an event. Well, you can see why she was probably rehearsing some of these answers as well as if anyone would be if they've got some sort of media team now. The interviewer also asked about Liam's mental health and drug addiction. Somewhat clunkily, I have to say, she asked Kate whether it came out at the blue or what seemed to trigger him that day. Here's what Kate said.
Speaker 3: With addiction, you know, you just you never know when it's gonna come out. It's a really serious issue that I think is like under valued and underspoken about.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: When I, like I said earlier, when I left Argentina, we had such a great day and he was in such a good headspace and we were in such you know, great you know, we're just full of love and I never would have expected any of that to occur.
Speaker 1: In a subsequent interview with the Sun, which was not filmed, Kate said Liam's relapse came hard and fast, and as far as she was concerned, it came out of nowhere. When she was asked what caused the relap, she said, I don't think I want to answer that because I literally wouldn't even know. It's interesting that she gave these grabs when she wasn't being filmed it seems to me that they filmed the initial interview and then were like, we need a little bit more information, and potentially her PR manager wrote those graps. Yeah, you could really tell as well that it was important for Kate to reiterate that on her end, there were no red flags before she left and that Liam was in a good head because she has been blamed people are saying, why would you leave your partner when he's in such a bad place mentally, Also to deflect from rumors that there was potentially some sort of fight that triggered this whole event. I mean, again, it's not fair to blame her on what has taken place, but I can see why she would want to avoid anyone thinking that that actually had occurred. Well, this whole idea of her abandoning him is what has led to her receiving a lot of death threat and what she described as the most unthinkable messages in her DMS. It actually caused her to take a break offline for some time, and she said, whilst it's hard, she will never let anyone tell her how her relationship was with Liam because they are the only two people who truly know. She also wanted to describe their relationship as authentic, real, and something you'd see out of a movie. I was really relieved to hear that Kate didn't find out about Liam's death online or through the media, because it seems like a lot of his family members did find out that way. One of Liam's friends actually broke the news to her, and she said she'd been scrolled on TikTok and was home alone with their dog when she got the phone call. So she said that she blacked out during the phone call and tried to convince herself that it was just a rumor, that perhaps someone made it up just to get views online. However, when it became apparent that the news was in fact true, she said that she still found it so difficult to believe. I mean, I think that was a feeling a lot of us were grappling with who didn't even know him, and especially when she was so far away, like if you're in a different country, I mean, imagine she probably would have tried to call him a million times. She she said she tried to call his phone, she was pacing around the house. She couldn't sleep for the first night. She said she felt numb and as though she had no emotions as well, and she seemed to be in this huge case of denial over the whole thing. She said that it was also her first time experiencing grief of this nature and that it has very much been coming in waves now. The reality really sunk in for Kate when she was sitting in the couple's new house with her mum and she realized that she would never see Liam again, and that they were never going to be home to get and he wouldn't see the Halloween decorations that she'd been setting up those few days that she'd been home without him. Kate also revealed the last text message that she sent to Liam when he was alive. It read, I can't wait for you to come home and for me, you and now to be a family again together. I can't wait for you to see the house that is just so sad now. The most uncomfortable question for me came when their journalist asked Kate if she foresaw Liam dying young, and she backed it up by saying that she believed Liam had previously spoken about that being a possibility. Here's what Kate had to say.
Speaker 3: You know, you never think that the worst possible thing can happen to you know, no matter what it is, whether it's some a family member getting sick or just a cur like, it doesn't matter. You never ever think that's going to happen. And it's just I never would have thought that it would ever, you know, have turned out the way it did. And I'm still just you know, wrapping my head around it.
Speaker 1: Kate then said if she could see into the future, she would have never left Argentina, but unfortunately they had their own separate lives and this wasn't the first time they traveled separately. I think the journalist was desperately trying to get Kate to make some sort of comment about her being concerned about his drug addiction. In part of the interview, Kate admitted that she was a one D fan growing up, and she actually had one direction on her balls as a teenager. Well, I remember she had a TikTok with Liam in it, and she had this character of Liam on a popsticle stick, and she said that this was a sign of manifestation because she had created this as a child and look curious sitting on her bed, and she said that she had a crush on him ever since she was ten years old, which I thought was really sweet, and she touched on Liam's hopes for a One D reunion, saying this.
Speaker 3: I think everybody had hopes for One Direction to do a reunion at some point, So, you know, Liam, One Direction was such a huge part in his life and he would have been more than happy in the future to do that.
Speaker 1: I feel like Kate's comment is going to fuel further speculation that One Direction will reunite for a special tribute to Liam at this year's Brutal Awards. I'm already seeing this all over my TikTok. The saddest thing is it always appeared that it was Liam and not the other guys that was pushing for this reunion. He really was the heart of the band of the day. Well, I saw that Louis was spotted at Zane's concert, so they think that he's trying to mend things. I personally think it won't happen, because, as you said, Amy, it seemed like Liam was the one really trying to make it happen, and it just wouldn't feel right if he wasn't there. Well, I disagree. I think it could happen. I have told you guys that ever since Limb passed away. My TikTok feed has been full constantly for months now of One Direction, and I've got to stop sending to me And after piecing it all together, I really think that this could be a fantastic tribute because he was so keen to get everyone back together. I think that that's why they might do it just for that night. They're not going to get back together as a band, but I think it's a beautiful tribute to Liam. I agree with you, Sophie because a lot of the guys have been doing their own solo tours, so while it would be a nice tribute for Liam, it's also good promotion for themselves. It was really sad because Kate mentioned that when Liam passed away, the only way she could fall asleep was by listening to his music, but then during the daytime she felt like it wasn't helping her move on. She was getting too emotional. So now whenever she hears One Direction, she has to turn it down. Well, as expected, there was a mixed reaction to Kate's interview, and her name was trending on x. The backlash was fierced with many One Direction fans slamming her decision to sell her story to the Sun. One ex user wrote, someone who truly loved or respected Liam wouldn't sell their story to a sensationalized tabloid. This is neither bravery nor sincerity. It's pure financial interest. Kate shows once again that for her money outweighs respect for Liam's memory and those who still warn him. Another ex user wrote, have a little attention, you're starving. God. People are just awful. She's talking about her own experience following his death, not really anything too personal to do with Liam. Yet all these one direction fans can jump online and say how heartbroken and upset they are by someone that they've never met and have never had a relationship. So there's been no confirmation that she was paid, and we have no idea even if she was child I think she would have been paid. But then again, why can't she be paid for opening up and giving these detail The thing is, she's not a rich celebrity. She did date a rich celebrity and was living the high life for some time, but we don't know what her financial situation looks like now. Unfortunately, anything she did would have been wrong to some of the fans. It was awful because people were also accusing her of having crocodile tears, and I couldn't actually believe it because one of the moments when Kate broke down was when she was talking about a trip she did recently with Liam to the Northern Lights, and I felt myself getting emotional because she spoke about how it was the most beautiful trip they'd ever been on together, but what broke her heart was the fact that they actually didn't get to see the Northern Lights and that she and Liam will never be able to see them together again. And they had all these cute photos of their trip, and I thought, how can you question someone's emotions in that moment, not like kid's married at for site where people get accused of crocodile tears for attention, like this is actually someone who's lost the love of their life. There was also a lot of debate around whether she had botox in her forehead, and people were saying, oh, well, maybe that's why she can't cry properly, and that's why it's not believable. I think this is the issue with TikTok and how news is shared on that platform, because obviously the Sun is going to cut that content up into bite sized pieces, and you're not going to see the whole context of the interview. So a bit of the intervieview might pop up on your feed and she might look really happy in it, so you might think, oh, well, she's moved on pretty quickly. She's doing well for us. So I just don't understand, though, how weird as a society can be so vile and just go online and say, oh, this person who's just lost her boyfriend, it must be crocodile tears. How insane is that? But all of that awful commentary did cause a wave of supporters to come out in her defense. They called themselves the Cake Cassidy Defense League, and they went into bat for her on x SO. One said, man, this is so sad. I can't imagine losing my boyfriend in such a terrible and public way where deranged, parasocial fans keep blaming me for his death. Ca Cassidy is so strong, whilst another said, wild, how people villainize Ca Cassidy. Meanwhile, when Liam died, people were demanding for her to speak. Damned if she does, Damned if she doesn't. Life in a nutshell well, I think that's a good place to leave it, because I couldn't agree anymore with that sentiment. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present, and if you do like the show, please share where you're listening to us from and leave us a review.