Speaker 1: People do some weird ship it should in young people, inhaling the gas from cooking canisters known as names to get high.
Speaker 2: Some things make more since than others.
Speaker 3: I've done everything for you with my career on hold, I could have been anything if I've had the talent.
Speaker 2: Bless yourself for observations.
Speaker 4: You didn't ask for his leadership.
Speaker 2: I think he's one of the greatest leaders we've ever had. Well, just a couple of Mitches. One of us be mich and the other be Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Just to make things easier, your Mitch, I only call you Mitchell when you're being annoying.
Speaker 2: You always call me Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Oh no, he is Michtuli and Mitchell Kooh about time.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, stranger, finally returned to the airway. Here we are you feeling refreshed?
Speaker 2: No, not at all, not really, No, No, I just was I was holidaying and then straight back to work.
Speaker 1: You had some pretty decent amount of time off if I was you, I have not seen you since, like I think it was December fourth or something.
Speaker 2: Geez, good memory, it's been two months. No New Year's Eve, we saw you New Year's Eve.
Speaker 1: I forget that night here, that night you were bad. What would you know? You left at ten pm?
Speaker 2: They're very true. Anyway, Groundskeeper Jenni's back for twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: I'm back.
Speaker 1: Hello, Jenna, how are you you? You caught up with Mitch La, didn't you?
Speaker 2: I'm sure we did.
Speaker 4: We had a lunch, Yes, delicious lunch.
Speaker 2: Jenner's mum was there to be rich, must be nice, yeah, right, Jenna.
Speaker 5: Wit.
Speaker 4: First of all, we didn't eat.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah they didn't. But I ate the way the waiter said, listen here kids. You told me that it be you and the boy. You didn't tell me to be more people. And because Jenna was basically sitting on my lap.
Speaker 4: If we were in a two seater, a two.
Speaker 2: Seater booth in a cantus deli, is that you got to get out? And then Jenna's mum sternly spoke up and said we're fine where with them? And he left her alone.
Speaker 1: Why have you not inherited that kind of backbone? Jenna? You would never back chat if someone gave you that kind of attitude.
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Actually, well, I'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you what.
Speaker 1: I had to stay, and I'm a different person after it. I'm a changed woman. In twenty twenty. Really, yes, I had to spend lots of time with Well I didn't have to, but I did spend a lot of time with my niece and nephew, which is always fun. Ye love them, But he's the thing. They're getting to the age where they can understand what people are saying. My nephew's three this year and he's starting to talk, and so my sister's like, no, he's always listening. Even though he can barely string a sentence together, he's always listening.
Speaker 2: So I swear, So what you have to alter what you want to say around the kid?
Speaker 1: Well I was just like, rubbish, I don't know, he's not always listening like that. Yeah, no, he's not a Google crime. And then she was like, no, seriously he is. And then I can't remember what I said, but he did repeat it. I didn't think I said. I didn't swear, but I said, oh yuck, and he goes yeah. I was like, oh, okay, he listens to me. I'm glad it wasn't a worse word. So anyway, long story short is, after spending all this time with kids, if I had to untrain myself from swearing, so I barely do anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh, but you're not going to actively try to not.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think I need to try. Like the habit's been broken. It takes twenty one days to break the habit. It's been two months since then, So I reckon, I can go the whole show without swearing. In fact, get fucked.
Speaker 2: Come on, it sounds good.
Speaker 1: I don't think i've ever heard you say this scene.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I can't believe that he mimics what you say. I just picture your sister his mum being like, what's his name?
Speaker 1: Noah?
Speaker 2: Now what time for dinner? He's like, yeah, come and Dylan, Mom all I love.
Speaker 1: No, we can't quite talk like that. All he managed to say the only sentence I heard him say while he was home over Christmas, because he figured out that I have an Apple TV. Oh you know bluey that? Oh ye, all the kids are obsessed with no one figured out how to just pick up the remote, walk up to me and say what we're again? Like, sure, Dylan, go for a kid.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we'll see. I'll do this all Genner and I can do the heavy lifting of the swearing. Oh, Jenny, I'm not to swear, so I'm gonna have to do.
Speaker 1: You know, I ever heard you say the sea word, either say no?
Speaker 4: Hear this?
Speaker 6: When I was around about twelve, I got angry at my mom and I called her a.
Speaker 1: Same time.
Speaker 4: Mom kicked me out of the house for the day. I was a twelve year old sitting on the gutter.
Speaker 1: Up with it in summer.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, they don't even let dogs do that.
Speaker 2: No, it's illegal. That's funny. We both said, let's see if you can say it by the end of the show. No, subconsciously, no, no, it hates we're kicking the show off, big Aliza. That was going to seguy to Lizzo, but I don't want to say big.
Speaker 1: I see where you're going with that.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going anywhere. I realized where it could have been perceived as to be going.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, yeah, you you caught up with Lizzo during the break and so we're going to play that out later on. I haven't actually heard it yet. I'll tell you what. It was pretty funny looking at both of our Instagram stories the day that you interviewed Lizzo. You were there interviewing one of the world's biggest stars right now and there I was playing bowling club bingo in park. So tell you what I think one of us is relatable, certainly not you.
Speaker 2: That's my job.
Speaker 1: But anyway, we're back at work, back in the full swing of thing, and let me tell you something else that's coming up later on. Got a bit of an intervention because you've been sprung doing something in the office.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 1: Yes, it wasn't Actually, it wasn't actually me that sprung you out. Someone else has.
Speaker 2: Done the worst things when someone goes, hey, we need to talk about Mitch.
Speaker 1: You're obviously you work late night here at Kiss the radio statan we work for, and you're the only one in the office late at night, like you're alone. But that doesn't mean you can get away with what you're doing. I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: But you've been sprung, sprung.
Speaker 2: Things I've done in this studio. All right, Well that to come.
Speaker 1: Can't wait, Oh, I can't wait, believe me.
Speaker 2: I'm sweating already. Oh that's not really the ordinary. Well, if you knew here, this is something we do every show. It's the benchmark of the show. We start the show off the same every week with an is it just me? Or as I like to call them, an ijem. It's something that we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate, and we put it out there and we pull it to pieces.
Speaker 1: We both bring one each and we don't know what it's going to be.
Speaker 2: It's exactly right, we're both The first time you hear it is the first time we hear it.
Speaker 1: We're yet to clash. Imagine the day that we come in with the same one.
Speaker 2: You have the same one. Imagine that we're not the same, but we're very different people.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 2: I don't think, as.
Speaker 1: We've just discovered you interviewing live on me at Bingo.
Speaker 2: Very true. I think you should start being you know, you bring in the numbers and the ratings and people love you. Name a lessen for Mitchell con Haddly. Do you want to start us off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I've got one. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: First gem of twenty twenty. Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Did you have no idea that Elton John's name is not actually Elton John.
Speaker 2: It's an ugly name, so really it's not a it's a good celebrity name because no one else is Elton John, so it's a bit weird.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's true, Jennet. Did you have any idea that that's not his real name.
Speaker 4: I wait for WSFM, so yes, I do.
Speaker 2: What's his real name?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it is. It's little wonder why he changed it. I actually went to one of his shows recently in Sydney. It was his farewell to her with one of those things where I was like, well, I have to go because if he dies, I'll regret not having gone. When he was just down the road. So I went along to Elton John and the friend I was with at the time, I can't remember how it came up, but she just mentions, oh, you know that his real name's Reginald. I was like, rubbish, your name is not Reginald. His real name is Reginald Dwight. No, would you buy a CD by Reginald Dwight.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think I would. I don't think Princess Diana would have been friends with the Reginald White.
Speaker 1: No, probably not.
Speaker 2: Probably why she went through the tunnel she realized his name wasn't Elton.
Speaker 1: But then I thought about it and I was like a lot of the concerts I've gone to in the last year or two have been people with stage names. But I mean there have not been many people that use their real name. Lady Gaga, for example, obviously, isn't her real name, not her real name.
Speaker 2: This beautiful blonde girl, let's call her lady Stupid.
Speaker 1: No, her real name is Stephanie German, Notaephanie who German not.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a strain of fucking coronavirus.
Speaker 1: I probably butchered the pronunciation. It's Italian, of course, something I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I knew that, but I didn't know the name.
Speaker 1: Well, there's also Katie Perry. That's not her real name, Catherine Hudson.
Speaker 2: Oh, not even Perry.
Speaker 1: Completely non sh Shnaia Twain, don't do this to me, not her real name?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: This one is like the most this one is the most understandable, Like why you change it? Eileen I Leen, Regina Edwards? And these are just people that I've seen in concert, Like there's so many other people. I did a quick Google after this. I was so curious. A lot of people with say Janes, what do you think, Bruno Mars it's real name is?
Speaker 4: I know what something?
Speaker 1: Hernandez just because he's Mexican, it actually is something?
Speaker 2: What do you think? What do you think the first name is oh hey.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, could you give the first letter? No, man, I had a big list to go through, but around with first letters, I swore. He's so sorry children.
Speaker 2: Anyway, first of the year, that's right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, his name is Peter.
Speaker 3: Oh good.
Speaker 1: More more, this is like crack Rihanna, Robin Robin fenty Rihanna's her last name.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's why her line is called fenty the makeup.
Speaker 1: Of correct Robin. And then, of course there's Meghan Markle. Not her real name is Meghan's her middle name. Her first name is Rachel.
Speaker 2: Rachel Markle the alliteration of Meghan Markle's nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Basically, all these people that I found on Google, their real names are so incredibly basic, Like it's people you could work with or go to school with. Like they're so boring. Reese with its room, What do you think her real name is?
Speaker 2: Katie? It's Laura.
Speaker 1: She looks like a Laurence does Lana Delray Elizabeth? Yeah, you go that Jenna's got one there? Where's your bloody tick sound effect?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Sorry the Jenna. Okay, if we get it right, we get a tick. I know that pinks, I mean pretty obvious.
Speaker 1: But almore, is it there? You go? Don't. I don't even put it on the list because everyone knows that. But these are the ones that actually surprised me.
Speaker 2: I think my touch shop in primary school was run by an Ali Shamore.
Speaker 1: No, I think it might have actually been run by Lord. What's her real name? Ella?
Speaker 2: I don't know why I gave you a tick name? Ella? Can you no? Here? Let's do it reverse right. You give us the most basic name, and I'll guess what superstar it belongs to.
Speaker 1: Amanda Rogers, Amanda Keller.
Speaker 3: More?
Speaker 1: Do you not want the answer to Amanda? He doesn't know how to game show? Does he?
Speaker 4: He does that?
Speaker 1: God, Grant, and you would be rolling in his grave if one of those broken spines claimed him anyway.
Speaker 2: I mean we talk every second for me once. Shame on you pull me twice, shame on me. Don't get back in the race car, Grant.
Speaker 1: I know, just keep.
Speaker 2: God, just keep snapping that spine.
Speaker 1: I know it's no good.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Who's Amanda cart right?
Speaker 1: Amanda Rogers is Ellen's wife? Porta Derossi.
Speaker 2: Rogers is such that lesbian from you and I who left?
Speaker 1: Now here's the name here's a name that I really I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to pronounce it properly. But didough not her real name? Her real name is Florian Cloud de Bondeville Armstrong. What literally has cloud in there?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: How do you get dido from that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Where did that come from?
Speaker 1: Will Be Goldberg? What do you think her real name is?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a shame. I'm sad about that. So I like her? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hit me, Karen, Karen Johnson, we're so faced, we'll be coming from. Apparently it was some she was She literally was alluding to whoope cushions and the fact that she is quite prone to being a bit gassy.
Speaker 2: She farts a lot. Apparently the best one to end on.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you asked, actually, because your mate, who are going to be hearing from later on? Lizzo?
Speaker 2: Oh well I didn't even ask her that.
Speaker 1: It's not really something you ask someone. Hey, is that your real name?
Speaker 2: Your name is bitch? No?
Speaker 1: Lizo's real names?
Speaker 2: Guess is Elizabeth? No beating shit, Jenn, I have a quick guess Eliza.
Speaker 1: No, Melissa, Vivian Tellerson no. Imagine that? Oh this new song, this new hot song by Melissa Vivian Jefferson Jesus. But it makes total sense because I'd never really thought about it. But like a name can really make or break whether you're going to be famous or not. For instance, can you actually name me one famous Mitchell?
Speaker 2: I have said this my whole life. I'd like to be the first one that I fucking met you. I'm on Studio ten bi weekly.
Speaker 1: But that's hardly like all the most famous Mitchell that is out there. I'm really not that's not That's not what I was headed with this. I actually can't think of a famous Mitchell.
Speaker 2: There's Mitchell Pierce, the footballer who fucked the dog the kvood. He did it.
Speaker 1: God, I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he sort of melted away into fame.
Speaker 4: There's a town in Queensland called Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we knew that. It's like over forty three in Australia called Mitchell three.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of Mitchell streets. You know what, You're right, there's no fame and there's no famous Mitch's the only famous mitches Mitch from Modern Family, and that's just a character.
Speaker 1: Exactly did you ever do a stage name?
Speaker 2: Yes, So I actually have discussed it, and I was this close to changing my name me too.
Speaker 1: I've thought about it really. Yeah. In high school, I wanted to be Ashah but I know an Asher now I can't do that.
Speaker 2: It's a long story. I might. Okay, so you're going to be what Ashcombs? No, Ashake.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what my last name was. I had some really like vague like first name that. Oh my god, it was like ashle Lee but l e I g h. Yeah that was it for like five minutes. But thank god I didn't do that.
Speaker 2: That's awful. I wanted to be Mitch Allen because my middle name is Allen.
Speaker 1: Mitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Mitch Allen sounds better.
Speaker 1: There's no famous Mitch's full though. It doesn't matter the last name.
Speaker 2: Mitch can be a famous name. It's all about the same was Mitch Markson.
Speaker 1: That's cool now, bullshit, it's all in the first name, like Shania Twain could not be Eileen Twain. But you have to change the name.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: I've got one as well.
Speaker 1: Pree Larson, Pree Lason. The woman that you're obsessed with.
Speaker 6: No, she's an actress. It's Briann Sidoni.
Speaker 1: So Briann, it's it's it stems from her.
Speaker 2: That you wanted it to be, Bree Benson.
Speaker 1: It's got a nice ring to it.
Speaker 2: It does the rolls off the time. Okay, I think we should get into my is Just Me? Second one of the year. Were ready hit me with it is Just Me? So I read this over the weekend and i' I thought this about myself? Is it just me? Or did you think the only way to consciously think was to have an internal monologue?
Speaker 1: I saw something about this the other day that there's like, there's like two types of thinkers.
Speaker 2: Well, there's apparently quite a few, and I want to see what we all are. So there are type A, which is the majority, which is people who think in an internal monologue. So you watch a movie and someone is killing someone right in their head, they're playing the dialogue going I shouldn't be doing this, Oh my god, how am I going to bury the body? That's how I think, Not about ax killers, right, but I think right now when I'm thinking about what I'm doing next with the sound effects, Mitchell in my head's going all right, have this this, this, this, this this. Other people see pictures and images and numbers. They don't hear a voice, they just see it and it is that. That's apparently how it comes across. So don't tell me. I want to set it up. I've got I've matched music to how I assume you all think. And I'm like you, I'm going to give you a topic and i'd be like you just think about it, but think out loud.
Speaker 1: That says what type of thinking you are that you've matched music to it. How very abstract of you.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to go into Mitch Kombs's mind. Okay, okay, just close your eyes, Welcome aboard, and I'm going to give you a topic and you were going to just think about it. It's very mundane and this will show me how you think. Okay, it's Mitchell Kurmis going into his mind and to Mitchell Kumbs's brain. What's going on in theres me sounds like an okay, night class while we're back to the yogre's home.
Speaker 1: Jesus, if that what that music was representing your yoga?
Speaker 2: Your brain? Yeah, this is yoga and.
Speaker 1: Can because I were thinking about my pilates class yesterday. That's really weird that you did that.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do that. Ready, you're at home, you have a pilates class in twenty minutes, and you're just getting ready, So go for it. How do you think.
Speaker 1: I could get ready now? Or I could get ready in ten minutes and walk fast? Which way do we want to do? Do I want to show up to a yoga class all frazzled and stressed and like short of breath because I walked really fast? I don't want to show up a bit early and be at ease, you know.
Speaker 2: Case in point proven. Do you think out loud?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not at that pace that I would do it a normal voice, Like, it's like way quicker than that.
Speaker 4: But do you hear yourself?
Speaker 1: Sometimes? Sometimes I think to myself, you're fucking joke and cumbs. What is that me too?
Speaker 2: I think that often. Ena. I've got music for you too. All right, so we're going into Jenna's brain. Let's go just cracking it open. What is this? What is this?
Speaker 1: An absolutely atrocious MP three of the mcclouds or have theme? So why is that such bad quality in Jenner's brain?
Speaker 2: Jenna, what's your memory is?
Speaker 1: Why does your brain feel like it's functioning off a broken ox cord. You know when you unplug it halfway and it sounds like it's carry open.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jenna, how do you think? So your your scenario where is you have to feed Sylvia but you're out of food. So how do you think go for it? I'll give you I'll give you the brain music too, to make it easier.
Speaker 6: Oh No, Sometimes I think why did Mitch give me Sylvia?
Speaker 4: But then I think again. You know, I'm truly.
Speaker 6: Blessed to have her, and I just need I need to find.
Speaker 4: Food for her. What do I do?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll just walk to Cole's. Oh, but it's getting late. Do I let her starve for the night?
Speaker 4: She might be fine.
Speaker 2: You don't think about killing your fish.
Speaker 1: It has the really oltra dark shit thrown in there. Or I could just set myself on fire. Oh it's a total fire man.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that blow you away that other people don't think like we do. When you're lying in bed and you're thinking of your day, can you go back and picture what happened? It's like you're watching a movie of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But for example, I don't go back and I don't hear my own voice retelling it. Where it's like, oh, I remember that time that mid Cherry was like really annoying and said this. I would repeat your voice in my head saying what you said.
Speaker 2: Oh, so do.
Speaker 1: You retell the story in your voice? You would?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: NACISSI coming over in the next twenty earlier, let's reflect on that.
Speaker 2: I hook my own memory come up in ten. I'm gonna cry about the death of my granddad. Right now, we're watching Netflix.
Speaker 5: Just move, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast out.
Speaker 2: Well that was a tragic Is it just me? I thought we're going to get somewhere.
Speaker 4: I'm going what Sorry, I've got Zimba.
Speaker 1: Oh you leaving?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have to announce it. You could just leave and then we just pretend that you just never left. We wouldn't talk to you. Oh, she's actually getting up out of a chair. Thanks.
Speaker 1: I have fun at Zimba. So yeah, and so really only one class a week, but.
Speaker 4: At this time, Yes, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Now we know where you loyally like, bye, get out, get out of here, Okay, bye bye.
Speaker 2: She's still got the headphones on, Jenney.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna leave, go, She's such a self satyre taking up.
Speaker 2: She is taking up all this time.
Speaker 1: Oh, for God's sake, how are you going or not?
Speaker 4: I'm putting my shoes up.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, TikTok, bitch.
Speaker 2: I'm very confused.
Speaker 1: All right, Jenna. Well, we're not gonna wait around all day for you to put your shoes on. Let's move on intervention time. I mentioned that you've been sprung doing something in the office. Yeah, right, so that you're the last person in the office every night, right.
Speaker 2: I am you.
Speaker 1: I finish at midnight, and then the first person in the Kiss studio the next day is shivering. Adam, adam, He does five am until Kyle and Jackie. Oh, come on, get close, friend of the shot, and so he has to come into the studio the way you left it.
Speaker 2: Oh doesn't smell, does it. Well?
Speaker 1: He has alerted me to a bit of a problem that's been happening.
Speaker 2: I feel sick, seriously.
Speaker 1: And the state that you leave the studio in.
Speaker 2: No, okay, that's not fair because I clean it because I know Kyle is in here.
Speaker 1: You can't. You mustn't, because he's been bringing me the things that he finds that you've left behind, like what, Well, we're about to go through them, my friend.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't do that. Why my only on the show.
Speaker 1: I just want you to cast your memory back, which I know you're not good at.
Speaker 2: I can barely remember how we started the show.
Speaker 1: Well, think back to the last show of last year, so show thirteen. You were trying to encourage us to do New Year's resolutions, and you mentioned to me that you wanted to lose weight, join a gym, and start being healthy. Right, Okay, So what Adam has been bringing me is the garbage that you leave behind in the video every night after you had done, packets of chips, no uber eats bag, receipts from menu log. Okay, every morning he goes another one, Mitch, and then I add them to the collection. And now here we are.
Speaker 2: So here's your little snitch yepested him with your trash. I just assumed he wouldn't go through it. Now.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not about fat shaming. This is like, I don't care what anyone else does. Their health and fitness is their business. I don't judge at all. But I just know that you mentioned that your goal was to be healthy, and I just don't know how you figure that's gonna happen when you're ordering a large cheesy crust sload. No no, no, that's not and a chocolate moose No, no, in one order.
Speaker 2: No that was that was in white order. But I bought it because I wanted to eat it when I.
Speaker 1: Got tomato rabi chipp dip PEPSI max zucchini chips to share with who.
Speaker 2: I get hungry at about nine and then ten again?
Speaker 1: Oh yeap, fresh press juice for help yeap, And you're all about that port, crackling roll, chicken, rice, pepper, a lot of things. What, for the love of God is money bags?
Speaker 2: Oh there they're a tie delicacy. There, a little pastry and they've got mintce wrapped in them, and they put a little honey sauce in them.
Speaker 1: You really do have a type Jn't you love your Asian cuisine and your Asian boyfriend.
Speaker 2: You got to taste for it.
Speaker 1: This is hundreds of dollars worth of stuff.
Speaker 2: This is unfair. Everyone gets Uber eats And if you added up everyone's orders, it'd sound ludicrous. These are these are week's apart.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, what I'm saying, Like I said, I'm not judging. I don't care what you eat or I don't get what anyone eats, like if they're happy whatever, you know. If anything, I find it kind of adorable that you care so little about your healthy you know. But you just thought one night here by yourself, you know what, I need a chucky Mooth's picture you calling the venue log being like, yeah, I did there have that one? You know I'm going to have.
Speaker 2: They had it in the car on the way home, and I didn't have a spoon, so I was like an armordillo trying to get ants out of a hole. No, it's not that. It's not even that I'm lazy, you know what I mean. It's that I have joined a gym. I joined at anytime. Fitness you can go anytime, and I haven't been one time. I haven't been once.
Speaker 1: Oh that you remember, you're paying for it, paying you a lot of money too, gee, and they really are money bags, cheery and everything can be weird, So you know it at any time. You're even paying for it, So that's an incentive to go. Why haven't you gone? What are you worried about?
Speaker 2: There's there's nothing going wrong. I just I go to the gym, right and I know how to use the treadmill, and then I can use the roller, and then that's sort of where I sort of my expertise stops, like I don't really know all the metal and all. There's a stare machine, and then there's then there's some sort of climber, and then there's a bar that people are flipping on and I just I just don't know how to do any of those.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're worried about? Because I feel like you're one of those people that's like I'm not going to do it unless I give it one hundred, Like I'm not gonna do it unless I do it properly. Are you worried that you because you do ease into it, like you could go for a freaking ten minute walk and that counts. It's gone to the gym walk.
Speaker 2: But the thing is I die.
Speaker 1: I It's like, what's an accusing you of being constantly stationary? I know that you're being self deprecating, but all that aside, is it actually a goal to go to the gym and get health this year? Because if it's not, who cares?
Speaker 2: That's you can give a shit.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 2: I'm happy, good for you having fun I've got a number one writing podcast in a radio show that no one says to.
Speaker 1: Lifetime, you got it the wrong way around.
Speaker 5: You should follow the idiots online search a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: You're listening to.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Nearly time for us to get out of here. But before we do, I really want to hear your chat with Liz though that you did over the break.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is genuine. I had actually one of the best interviews I've had in a long time with her that came up out of the blue. Chat was really good. She was uvely because.
Speaker 1: Well, I haven't heard it yet, because I don't know why you don't even have a podcast for your radio show, do you know?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't want to put my content on. I could just put the chats on.
Speaker 1: I guess, well, yeah, I don't want to hear you back, and now no, I don't need to hear I don't need to hear all. Okay, you should put your interviews up though, because like they're just doing twenty honey, it's on demand. I'm not going to go to my car at eleven forty to hear your Ligo interview.
Speaker 2: You make a good point. I think you'll like the chat. She starts, you'll hear it when I play it. But this interview started off rocky, and I thought, oh no, this is another delipous situation. Really no North Korea jokes. But she was just low on blood sugar. We talk about salads and what she wanted to eat, and then we really through the food stuff. She was rolling. She was happy.
Speaker 1: So for anyone who doesn't know Lizzo, what's like a song? Obviously five second rule for podcast copyright. What's the song of hers that everyone would know?
Speaker 2: This one? Juice my favorite everybody.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have picked that as a song that everyone knows.
Speaker 2: You know, good as hell?
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: I do my hair tall. I check my nails, Baby, how you feeling?
Speaker 1: That's not what the lyrics are?
Speaker 2: What are they?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do my hair tall, check my hair toss.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jenny. I was really worried that I had my hair tall. No, it's yeah, I do my hair toss, check my nails. Ready, I'm gonna do a hair toss and check my nails and you tell me how sassy I look? Ready?
Speaker 2: Okayker, that was phenomenal.
Speaker 1: That is the mood that he's trying to describe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agreed it.
Speaker 1: Do my hair, check my nails, baby like it's meant to be sassy. I genuinely thought Elvis's wife maybe like she's large Simpson.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's because I do my hair tall and I could relate. Well, here's my chat with Lizzo. Let's roll it out.
Speaker 1: I really want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Hello, Liso, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm fat? I'm My blood sugar is little, but I'm fabulous.
Speaker 1: Sorry? Did she just say I'm fat in answer to how she is?
Speaker 2: Okay, there's no need to make those kind of jokes, but I actually think I heard it too.
Speaker 1: Did you say, how are you living? She goes, I'm fat?
Speaker 2: She says, I'm fab Also again, Hello, Liso, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm fat?
Speaker 2: That's fat, Jenna?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I mean, if that's how she wants to identify, then who am I to argue? Keep going, stop I'm.
Speaker 4: Fat, she definitely, she does.
Speaker 1: Sorry to interrupt everyone, Keep going respectful, Liso is listening. All we've entertained is that she's fat.
Speaker 2: Keep going, No, that's not actually funny after all, this body wise measuring thing.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I'm saying. If that's how she wants to identify, then who am I have stopped her?
Speaker 2: All powered to her?
Speaker 3: Fat?
Speaker 2: Hello, Liso, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm fat? I'm My blood sugar is little, but I'm fabulous.
Speaker 2: Okay, quick, Alicia Onas, what are you gonna have lunch? In Australia? Do you know?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have a salad?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: You guys have really good salads here. I've noticed, like, yeah, you put beets and sweet potatoes in your salads, and like the salad dressing isn't like in America you can get like all these creamy cheese cheese salad dressings, but here you guys use like really nice vinegarettes are barely detectable but really flavorful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I've just been having a fucking crackcass on case you having a fucking blast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'm glad eating some vegs. Yeah, get some beetroots are good, and some walnuts and some chicken why not? Yeah? Or up till midnight? So the show is Mitch till midnight at twelve. So you can swear, you can say whatever you want, you can cry anything.
Speaker 3: Fucking fine, I'm.
Speaker 2: Good fun throw. I'm on my own, so I don't even get to swear, so we'll say it together. Fuck, oh job, I've been so hard to have you here. I was at the Opera House's Opera House right across. Why why are you laughing about? That's?
Speaker 1: Does hit play?
Speaker 2: But Jenna's laughing at me?
Speaker 1: Put an insecure a little bit, isn't it what you do your door to make people laugh?
Speaker 2: Very true? But Jenna was laughing at me.
Speaker 3: No, I was not.
Speaker 4: I was laughing at the content.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we are interrupting this a lot of cut your.
Speaker 2: Mics offt Liz Opera, Yeah, do you like that?
Speaker 3: I like it? Yeah, Liz Opera House, Yeah, No, that's good.
Speaker 2: Rolls off the tongue. I was there, and I have to say, genuinely, I people always ask working in radio and in the mediaut who's your fellow? Asked you have a favorite artist? And I never had an answer. I just sort of give them an answer to make them happy, or say Ari or someone that was hot, or Harry Styles. But genuinely, both of the I know, right, and they're good, but they're not. They didn't connect to me or speak to me in a way that you did at the Opera House and you do three your music. You are incredible And the performance was something that I've never experienced before. It was it was religious, like I was I think I started the bow. You know, people were bowing to I think I started that. I was in the middle. I'm like, BOUNTI these kids. I made them do it. You felt so humbled and the same that you were loving it. Was it a bucket list moment. It was.
Speaker 3: I had an interview a few months earlier, like over the summer in the States about this trip, and she was like, you know, what are you playing. I'm like, I'm playing fomo And I was like, I want to see the Sydney Opera House. It's my dream to play there as like a young flutist growing up. And I was like, yeah, one of these days I'll be in those hallowed halls. And then we booked the gig, the side show, and that blew my mind. I was like, did I manifest? This is some type of magic and here we are like I I'm yeah, did you say bucket list? Because shit?
Speaker 2: Yeah. The acoustics were perfect for it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Mince the Opera House, it was perfect for everything. I even got to hit some ave Maria in there. I know, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 3: It happened so quickly too, Like when I was done, I was sitting there like, wow, now we have to be like remember when we played the Sydney the Upper House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just say for a little bit more over now. Yeah, well you sort of it ended and you were like, I'm gonna just play the flute. I've already done juice, but we'll do it again. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was That was a really cool moment because that wasn't supposed to happen. Was it really not forced it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Really Yeah. I was back there and I.
Speaker 2: Just told my the flute.
Speaker 3: I was like, we're doing this now.
Speaker 2: So it was incredible. It was. It was a great night. I mean, you cut yourself too. At the start of the night.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a decent cut. It's decent.
Speaker 3: I was bleeding all over.
Speaker 2: We were dancing too.
Speaker 3: I was dancing and like, well, I had these diamonds on my body suit and I was pulling at them, and one thing led to another.
Speaker 2: We were ripping its tides. By the end of it, we saw.
Speaker 3: That Yeah that's performance are It was intentional.
Speaker 2: Was it really you like cut them before the show? Yeah, so here for fomo. Do you like the crowds? They also crowds different to crowds in the UK.
Speaker 3: Know they are, they're so interesting, but so the cities are vastly different, like Adelaide is different than Brisbane, like energy wise, like completely and they're both fun. But I will say, the universal thing with you guys is I'll look at y'all and you know, I'll tell y'all to sing, and y'all just fucking scream. It's so weird. No, but I'll be like, say, I feel like what you like. That's what I don't be like, wait, don't sing, I don't and you're just like, I don't know why, y'all it's so weird.
Speaker 2: That's an ausy thing. We're just so in the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have to stop telling you guys what to do. I just have to like hope that you know the song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we're so into it. I mean we don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're screamers.
Speaker 2: We don't get the big oddest you know, I mean having everyone's excited, So I think everyone just get you scream at her and hopefully she enjoys that yesterday Grammys you performing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what the hell? I know?
Speaker 2: What the fuck? Like, I mean Bucketley's Autumn again, that surely was on the list.
Speaker 3: Oh and then some like I'm gonna turn that into like a bucket within a bucket within a bucket.
Speaker 2: You're gonna kick the bucket. The bucket's done.
Speaker 3: I'm not kicking the bucket. I'll tell you how much kick the bucket. Yeah, Actually I'm stacking the bucket and I'm adding all of the because like, the Grammys is such a big deal. And then I'm like, well, if I'm doing this big deal, I mean, what else is a big deal to me? What if I always wanted to do the Grammy stage? Is the stage to do that?
Speaker 7: On?
Speaker 2: How was I was actually in the States and we don't get Saturday Night Live? Here is the time difference. So the first time I ever got to watch Saturday Night Live live? There you are?
Speaker 3: That's wild?
Speaker 2: How was that?
Speaker 3: Was that?
Speaker 2: A crazy nime?
Speaker 3: I was so sick with the flu. I was better than with like a one hundred and like three fever. So I was on tons of drugs, like tons, and it was just the point where I was like so lethargic, like, but I wanted to be. I was like, this is my dream, Like SNL is a like a dream come true. It really is, and it's a special place. And my outfits were so cute and my dancers were so cute, and the song it was all perfect. I just was just high on coding. That's the only thing.
Speaker 2: It was like.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but like Eddie Murphy was there with all these great comedians. My mom was freaking out. Maman Ye was there and my mommy and my sister. Yeah, it was a big deal.
Speaker 2: I think you can host it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Would you? I mean you could act? Of course you can act.
Speaker 3: Was potentially Academy Award. Of course on the short list. Holy ship, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: So is there is there a real short list? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well no, no, it was on the internet. It was listed yeah, college on Twitter or whatever. Do you think, like if it's nominated, that would be crazy.
Speaker 2: You'll get to go to the Oscars? Well I hope, So you'll go to the Oscars, you, Liza, I'll.
Speaker 3: Speak in I'll take it into the back door far ouse.
Speaker 2: Wow. All right, God, there's so much to cover. Do you feel good? Are you happy? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, I don't always have to be happy all the time. And that's something that I've come to terms with and I actually like about myself that I don't have to just be happy for everybody that me. Actually experiencing my emotions is what makes more of a difference than trying to mask them, especially right now, where like, you know, you got like your celebrities on the internet, like they always want to seem like they're happy and they got their shit together and things are perfect and and it's it's pressure for me. Sometimes I'm like, well, I have nothing to complain about, like everything's great, but it's like, no, you know, you never know what somebody's going through. Like we all have mental and emotional highs and lows and where we should be allowed to have them. So I had to really get rid of some guilt for that because when I first started touring Because I Love You Tour last year, I was pretty depressed because it was a lot of interesting things happening, like the being like a successful musician and being a famous musician are two different things. You know, you can be extremely famous and not have any of the things that you perceive as of success. You know, and you can have success and not have any fame. And once I started becoming a little bit more well known, it you lose a lot, You lose a lot of privacy, and you lose a lot of what you like, your sense of who you thought you were, because you have to become this new person, you know. So I was really depressed about that, but now I'm leaning into it and I think that it's cute, and you know, I just need to be prepared, yeah, always be prepared. I can't be caught slipping out here now in the street. Well, I mean especially in Australia, like there's so many people at the airports. That doesn't happen to me in the States. Like here y'all will be like, oh my god, Like when I land and I'm like, oh, well, I gotta look cute. I put some lifts to go now because jacket on I was looking real toe up from the flow up.
Speaker 2: When yeah, yeah, it's not fun.
Speaker 3: Which no, I mean when I when I was flying from Australia City to Australian city, yeah I flew, I looked like ship. When I flew from Adelaide to sit near, I looked like ship. And all these people was like no, and I was like, I smell like yeah because I rode out of bed and didn't put no.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I learned my lesson real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we love you, and we love you even more often. What you did? Was it a food food something?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The Food Bank Victoria? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you just is that something that you had a free day or did you cancel stuff?
Speaker 3: I had a show that night. But I since I've been here, I've I mean, I'm not really posting on social media, but I've just try to be as informed and as active as I can in this country. And I've and so I've visited the Koalay Sanctuary. I about to say Koala Reservation. I visited the Koala Sanctuary and then learned a little bit more about the koalas, especially because of what the fires are doing to the koala and kangaroo and all the other wildlife populations. And then we visited the food bank, which was really special. Like I really admire the people who do this. They feed like they feed families for a week, they feed like two thousand families a day, Like they're just packing boxes and shipping them out and they're they're just they're taking food out to the firefighters. And these people are just volunteering. They're they're with their little they got their orange vest zone just back there packing milk. And that takes a lot. That mean, it takes a really special person to be able to know. It's children, you know, and elderly people just are helping. And that was so inspiring. And then we got to go see the botanical gardens and there was like a tree that had fallen during all of that, and she was like, it's just climate change, like that's what happened to this tree, this two hundred year old tree. And they were like, and after the wildfires are once we fought them, they have these seeds where they're going to try to replenish the wildlife. Like it's just so cool to see how much this country pulls together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the Australian spirit, like the Aussies band together. And I think that's also why your music and you as a person resonates with us, because when no bullshit, like we just we just trim the fat, We just see it as it is, we say it like it is. And you do that and you spread so much positivity and love and I just want to say thank you. Playing your music on the radio like people requested, kids request it, kids call up, and then that's so cool. Jeers, that's so Cool'm like, okay, your mom in the car right and I legally have to ask, but mission you, thank you for everything you're do.
Speaker 3: Oh man, it's the least I could do, like to put a smile on somebody's face. I almost felt guilty about coming here and just playing shows. I'm like, I can't just come here and be like I think I did, like I have to, you know, help. So then when and then when people say no, just you being here helps and you've been playing music, I was like, oh really, Yeah, it's not enough in my eyes, but it's definitely if the If that's what they want, I'm a fucking I'm gonna do it. Yeah for throttle, We love you.
Speaker 2: Good luck at the Grammys. Thank you like you can. You're gonna win. You're gonna be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, turned out to j Low and yeah, all them autem people, constants wooing them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hashtag LISO Oscars twenty twenty one, you'll host it. I'm just manifesting that thank you.
Speaker 3: This is the end of the interview.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh wow, I got Ron getting wracked with Donald. Yeah, thank you so much. Best friends.
Speaker 1: Oh, there we go. Yeah, well, don I gotta say, when I braced myself to listen to a Litho interview, I didn't expect it to go down the path that it did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I saw.
Speaker 1: Did you see her on the project Super High Energy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Heats of laughter, just constant, like smart ass. But you guys were talking about climate change, mental health like that was a dn M. There we go.
Speaker 2: I get that out of my guess, almost like.
Speaker 1: A chat fit for a podcast. There we go. I'm glad you played it here.
Speaker 2: Did you like it?
Speaker 1: It was fun, right, I did. I'm annoyed that I wasn't in town at the time. I was playing bingo out in the country. I would have liked to have just tagged along. Deslough this is the other Mitch Priority.
Speaker 2: We had a bit of fun. Yeah, Liz, Yeah, great friends. All right, let's get out of here. It's been a great first show back.
Speaker 1: It has god me me intervening about your horrific diet and a chat with Lizzo. It's like ying and Yane, it really is.
Speaker 2: And Jenna great to have you back.
Speaker 1: I believe you skipped Zilma Prosian. That's really generous, I know.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I'm going to skip Body Kombat because it starts seeing.
Speaker 2: Lizzo when overboard.
Speaker 1: I was actually thinking the other day, I wonder if Jenna is going to get back into zimba because it was all you did when I first met you in like twenty sixteen, and I started going to my yoga and pilates classes and I was like, I wonder if Jennis does our class.
Speaker 2: Would you take me to a class? Gener I've always wanted to do a zoomber of course.
Speaker 1: Actually, do you know what? It could be really good for you because you clearly don't have the self discipline to go to the gym and like focus because if you're the only one that you're accountable to, you'll just go home early. But if you go to a guilty if you go to a class, there's literally a teacher. They're telling you what to do and you have to do it in sync with everyone. You can't just leave, although I did. That's a whole other story.
Speaker 3: But it's.
Speaker 1: Oh for Zoomba, Oh, it depends what class you go to.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll talk about this off here is incredibly boring. We'll back next week one episode a week.
Speaker 1: Yes, every Monday. It's in Monday people. That's right, that's how we do it. Make sure you subscribe to the podcast if you're on Apple podcast across the road so sorry, or if you're on Spotify. I learned over the holidays that Spotify have a different setup. One of my older family members was like, there is no subscriberton, you're always raving on about it. You and I both Apple like users, right, I've never realized that Spotify you follow on Spotify, So if you use Spotify followers, there.
Speaker 2: All these fucking fandangle words.
Speaker 7: It's like lgbtake it down for our mark. And someone messaged me said, how do I review on Spotify? I don't think you can, so if you're listening, yeah, we only.
Speaker 1: Want the reviews on Apple.
Speaker 2: Although on Apple we're at ninety nine reviews, so someone needs to leave a goddamn review. Get us to one hundred. You won't get anything in return.
Speaker 1: That's two new youth resolutions. You fail to remember how you said your your youth resolution was to get to one hundred? Is it just me reviews on the Apple app.
Speaker 2: Which I barely remember Jena's name on let alone.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's go. We'll be back next week week Bye.
Speaker 5: Just move, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app.
Speaker 1: Welcome to A to Debrie Hi, if a new here. This is our secret segment. Essentially, we're trying to trick technological tards out of listening to this part. So people like my family members or like my next door neighbor Joeanne, he maybe doesn't want to hear me overshare about my sex life in this section of the show. We want to trick them into thinking that the show's over. And then we head into this bonus segment and we call it add brief because we don't stay on track, we don't focus, we go on tangents, but likely like we always do, that's what comes best to us.
Speaker 2: Now. We've also won three radio awards for this segment because we've broken broundaries. I mean, Hillary Clinton almost shouted the glass ceiling and we just pushed our foot through it and we did it. Because we have introduced live calls, active and live tweets. Now in twenty twenty, not only can you tweet. All you have to do is at Mitchell, what is it? What's the thing?
Speaker 1: A couple of mitches, hasn't it?
Speaker 2: You can? We got another one? Now, Oh my god, it's a video message. Who's this from? Someone said, so glad the show's back.
Speaker 1: What's going on? This is Alisha and I'm hanging out with Mitch.
Speaker 2: Holia keys off's the show. Hey?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something that we have actually installed, not live calls or live tweets because none of those are happening. Is a Facebook group for add briefers only. Yeah, that's cool head. A couple of minches on Facebook. You'll see the group there. It's called endurant Idiots, so people that stick around the longest idiots. And the entry question is don't tell them? Okay, they have to figure out the answer.
Speaker 2: You fuck answer.
Speaker 1: They all know it anyway, what's what is our bonus segment? That's that's the entry question.
Speaker 2: And also what's Mitched the best name of the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all so there. And you wouldn't believe the amount of people that have joined the group, like requested, and they've left that answer blank. I don't accept them. They're not allowing the.
Speaker 2: Group oh, I just hit it. Step to everyone. I let a lot of people in the answer.
Speaker 1: What have you?
Speaker 2: Because maybe it doesn't I leave them there on purpose.
Speaker 1: Okay, well from now one, Yeah, I've just gone and look at all our member requests. We have zero pending.
Speaker 2: You've let them all in and that's fine. We welcome one one everyone.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, someone's here?
Speaker 2: Who's that? What the function is there? Hey?
Speaker 1: You know how I just said you can't leave the class? And then I said, oh, actually I did, though I decided not to say anything further. I was like, I'm going to say this story class, yes, because it's it's an embarrassing story. Actually, well, in a roundabout way, this is your fault because last year on the show. You probably don't remember the last show, you said, oh, this is my New Year's resolution.
Speaker 2: I'm a sucker for it.
Speaker 1: I do it every year. You clearly haven't stuck to it each receipts and you were pushing me into setting a new Year's resolution, and I was like, I don't really want to. I'm not a big believer in them because I always feel like I let myself down because I set these unrealistic goals. Well, after all of your nagging. Because that that conversation continued off their you were like, oh, come on, just set a new resolution, decided to try yoga, which I'm doing and I'm loving. But there was a hiccup.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is my fault that you've done.
Speaker 1: In a roundabout way, because you're the one that told me to get have a new Year's resolution.
Speaker 2: I've got influence. I didn't even realize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've been quite persistent about it. Actually, and then I had to think about it, and I was like, maybe I'll do yoga. Apparently it's good like mindfulness and breathing and being present.
Speaker 2: I saw this tweet you did bitram right, Yeah, I am no.
Speaker 1: Longer doing bitcram.
Speaker 2: Explain who don't know?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so torture brem is like a form of yoga that takes place in a heated studio. So we're talking forty degrees and forty percent humidity on purpose. So anyway, I do a quick Google search. Yoga studio is in five doc because I'm like, all right, new youth resolution, let's do this. I found this one called Zen Warrior, and I was like, that sounds great. But I tried calling them. I tried texting them and tried emailing them. I don't know if it was like the Christmas shutdown, but they just weren't getting back to me. And so I had that like, well, they've lost my business this moment. And I found a bitcram studio nearby, and I thought, all right, we'll go there instead. Well, well we'll hire the competition, seeing if they clearly don't want my business, they don't want my money, then warrior. And so I went on the website and I saw the fact that it was a heated studio. Say to the art. They made it sound so great. They listed all these benefits of the heated studio burns fat quicker. I was like, sounds great. Yeah, And I was in this haze of oh New Year, knear me, whatever.
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 1: Do it for me, not for you, just for the fact that oh yeah whatever, like it's a challenge, like whatever, I'll take it on. I'll do the forty degree yoga.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. It was genuinely like traumatizing. It was the most horrific thing I've ever been through.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah, so hold on, I'll just paint a picture and let's just put this in.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. Actually, it's funny you say that, because guess what. There was none of that what I wore. I thought I was going to walk into like a beautiful room with some shitty Spotify far music playlists with little scented candles.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I walked in. It was a bunch of fat, old people in their underwear sweat. And the teacher just says to me, you knew me. I was like yeah, And then he goes, you realize it's a heated studio and I was like yes, and he was like like giving me the rundown, Like okay, so forty degrees forty cent humidity, you're sure you're going to do this? And again I was in some dumb haze where I was like, sure, I'll do it. I took one step in the heated studio and I thought, oh my god, what if I signed up for this? This horrific. Apparently they're trying to replicate the climate of India. Why it's not nice there?
Speaker 2: What did they put a dead dog in the corner of the video so it smelt like it do?
Speaker 1: That's horrible? I mean, come on anyway, So he says to me, if you feel like you're struggling to keep up, or the heat's overwhelming, just lie down on your back. That what, yeah, just like take it.
Speaker 2: Just submit to the chest pains if it's too much.
Speaker 1: Exactly. It just cooled down by lying down and affording to go room.
Speaker 2: A stroke is just a mental reset.
Speaker 3: What happened.
Speaker 1: And it was a class of twenty six poses. Guess how many I got through?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Half six? Oh man, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know how you got through six.
Speaker 1: It was seriously terrifying. No nice music. It was just people going and I'm not even fucking with you. A room of people in Unison going human deli. And also the instructor was like, I don't do the posers. I just say so. He's just standing up the front in his underwear going hand twitches, and I was like, I was literally there is something about being stuck in a boiling chainber that makes you feel a little bit of irrational. But I started crying. I can't skate, so I laid down and then it was meant to be peaceful, but I started feeling my chest get tighter, you know, und of anxiety. And I was just there and I'm like, all right, I need to plan my exit. So I'll mate instructor who doesn't do the moves. He would intermittently go and open one of the doors to the foyer to let a little bit of cold slash fresh air through, and I'm lying there and I'm like, all right, next time he opens the door, I'm out out.
Speaker 2: Those captive movies hold the girls.
Speaker 1: Because he'd go open one door and then walk in the opposite direction, so I know he had his back to me. First time, I was like, no, I can't do it. I was just petrified on the floor. And then the second time I made a run for it didn't even take me mat I just up on the left. You should have seen it. The guy just goded to open the door and he's there being.
Speaker 2: Like breeze, and I'm just like, were you barefoot? Yeah? Oh you had a wet feet like a fish, like a seawell.
Speaker 1: Running for the wall, and literally it looked like I was trying to flee from a murder. You did that Netflix show you? Oh no, it was literally like you were back. It was back trying to escape from Joe running up the stands.
Speaker 2: No, the poor bitch.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I was just like, this is my moment, I'm free get to the front door. It's locked. I'm out in the foyer. I've left the heat to studio. I'm like, all right, one last hurdle the front door. The bastard's locked. I'm like jiggling the handle, going no, please, please, it's open. And then this woman appears out of nowhere. I swear she wasn't there when I walked in, and she just goes, sorry, darling, we're in lockdown. What as long as the class is on their buildings in lockdown? I was like, hang on, so you're holding me here against my will. There's a word for that, kidnapping. Helen like let me out, and then she says to me, oh, sorry, duty of care. I can't let you go without a Hydrau light because you've dehydrated so much and you're panicking. I like, it's like fine, So she gives me a hydrau light and then starts telling me her life story. Oh what is it like so much? She goes, Oh, yeah, my sister's in hospital. But it's a much nicer hospital than last time, because last time they didn't even like she just one of those big brand no pauses. I'm just looking at her, nodding, going how the fuck do I get out? Sipping on me HYDRAU light, And then again that thing that you see in all the murderer movies. I started doing that thing where I just, you know, tell them what they want to hear, to try and make them think I'm on their side. I was like, don't worry, I won't give up. I'll definitely come back. She goes, Yeah, it's normal to be nervous the first time you're doing a victim yogurt cass, but the next time you'll feel the benefits. And I was like, oh no, I can't wait, like I'll be back. Don't worry, like I'm determined. Let me the fuck out. Yeah, for now, I just need you to open the fucking door or I'm gonna fucking like break that glass somehow. It might be with your forehead anyway, she let you out eventually, Well, no, they wouldn't let me out until the class was finished. I only made it through twenty minutes out of ninety. I just checked there, listening to her life story, sipping on my hydra light, and you had to pay Oh, I've actually my my past is still active, Like I could go down if I wanted.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, maybe we should do one as a group and me and Janne No, I.
Speaker 1: See that sounds like funny content, but I genuinely wouldn't put either.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could do it. I was sweating now eighteen degree.
Speaker 1: It was so fucked up. It was so fucked up.
Speaker 2: And that's weird because it's normally getting yelled at by a sweaty man and his undies is your king, So that's literally weird.
Speaker 1: Well, actually he was quite nice in the end. He comes out and goes, oh, I was wondering where you and I was worried you left your mat. I was like, keep it. She's haunted. I don't want that. I literally it's still there. I left the mat.
Speaker 2: It's like here it is drops on the ground.
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, I ended up getting hold of then worries Udio and I was like, you assholes. You you will never believe what you put me through. But anyway, I've joined and I love it now.
Speaker 2: And that is a normal temperature room.
Speaker 1: Yes, they've got air con, they've got candles. What is the instructor's names are things like I know, Deb and Steph. Like if you've got names like Deb and Steph, you don't need to earn my trust. You've got it if you're.
Speaker 2: Zenu and you're sweating in your under right off.
Speaker 1: I can't remember his name. Actually I can find out.
Speaker 2: I did yoga as a school sport in high school because I couldn't do any of the actual sports, and I absolutely loved it. I didn't in the same room I did maths in.
Speaker 1: They really surprised me that you did yoga.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: The guy's name was Max. I just checked on the app.
Speaker 2: It's actually quite normal to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, I had it.
Speaker 2: My break was good. Thanks for asking the two of you.
Speaker 1: You've already brought it up without us asking. Oh, La, Keith, I was pretty sure if you wanted to tell it on the show, so I didn't want to spoil Do you want to save it for another time or did you just tell it that good?
Speaker 2: No, it's not good, So I'll tell them now. Jenna and I was in La. Jenna was there too. We actually caught up. We've already said that all. I interviewed Alicia Keys at this apartment and I was originally told that it was her house, so I was like, I'm going on Alicia Key's house and I'm like, god, I'll get my hand done. And I got there and it was an apartment and then I got to the outside of the hotel room went to the foy, this big burly security guard at the hotel and he was like, no, I Mitchell Ury. He's like, You're not on the list and I was like, no, I think I am. I'm from Kiss in Sydney. I'm interviewing Alicia. He's I know who Mitchell. Ru is like, you're not on an E mate and I was like, oh no. So I called the my contact of the music LABU I'm not on the list. He's like, yeah, sure, I check again. So I went IID, I think I'm on the list? Can I have and he looks here he goes cheery, Oh yeah, under here is Michelle Mitchell.
Speaker 1: I've been there.
Speaker 2: What happens all the time. It's just one extra E at the end and you're all you're fucked. So he let me up. He saw my ID and it was Australian. I think he was very confused, and there's a lot of yellow and there was a warratur in the middle of the I know fucking clue what was on that driver's license. So you let me up and I walk this hall. It's like maybe like an L shape. So I get out of the left, turn right. There's a corner in front of me and there's a man sitting in a chair security guard. I'm like, oh God, walk down the L. Turn right, another man in the corner. I'm like, Jesus all for miss Keys. Walk down and then there's a like a penthouse door, you know how the penthouse is always right at the end, and it's flat against the main walk because it's big. And there were three chairs sitting out the front, and there was this man sitting there and I go, oh, here for Alicia.
Speaker 3: He went.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, that sounded like your Litho chat and Rewine or Simmish.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, is this for the Alicia Keys?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh okay, Oh god. He had a whole page of notes coat. You've got a lot of a lot of notes there, and I was like, this is so weird. Then the music label lady comes up, Hey, Mitch, good span, Oh you're next. Then she speaks German to him. He's an international journalist here to talk to Alisia and I'm oh, my, go al right, they're running a bit behind. What was she promoting her new album doing the Grammy? She just hosted James Cord and she had a lot on that week? Was huge.
Speaker 1: How have I missed all of that? And I've not seen or heard of her in a long time.
Speaker 2: Album's not out, The new song's phenomenal by she emroted.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's phenomenal anyway. Then she goes, all right, span, You've got thirty minutes with Alicia. I was like Jesus so to sit there for thirty. So the interview happens for thirty and then I'm about to go in and.
Speaker 1: How much with your allocation in like seven minutes as opposed to thirty?
Speaker 2: No, I actually had fifteen, and I had the Euxtralian exclusive. No one else in the country had Alicia keys right, that's.
Speaker 1: Why I haven't heard anything from her, Yes, because you haven't posted it anywhere else.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I go in and she's sitting there. She's eating a seaweed like the seaweed sheets, and I was like, hey, Alicia. She's like hey baby, She's like, oh, I needed a break, like do you mind we're just waiting in here. I just need to like go to the bathroom quickly. And I was like, yeah, my god, go for it. So I sit down and she's like, ye, make your love and I have some food snacks. Okay, it's just me and Alicia. I was like sure that she went to the bathroom. I was like, cool, just check the microphones are working, seaweed snacks. Fifteen minutes later, hasn't emerged from the toilet, and I'm thinking, is she doing poo?
Speaker 1: She's doing it dumb.
Speaker 2: She might have been or she might have been shooting up. There might have been a whole team in there. It might have been a door that led to another fucking door that led to a house. I don't know, but she.
Speaker 1: Took a time, you know, with her hotel room.
Speaker 2: This was an apartment. I think I always told it was her apartment.
Speaker 1: But I was going to say, I mean, if she's in her own home, do ith it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Anyway, Then she came out and the interview was phenomenal and she was happy as all hell. So I think she just chat because she was in a post shit, you know, she was lightened.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's when I live though, with a little.
Speaker 2: To take it dumb.
Speaker 1: You should suggest that before every interview, it's go, I've been allocated ten minutes by your label. I will sacrifice three to four of them for you to movement. Yeah, and then go from there, because this is going to be worth our time if you're not all ten.
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, very good point, very good point. But Alicia was a great interview, great chat. But I thought she did a ship and actually I have to slander her. That was she was lovely and at the end she was like, you're such a good interview. Oh my god, do you do this for a living? I'm like, well, yes, no, no. They found I was a Hollywood boulevard pretending to the Iron Man.
Speaker 1: Actually I actually delivered milk.
Speaker 2: I found this microphone stick.
Speaker 1: They put it on as I do that.
Speaker 2: It was she was so cute. We have these two microphones that you actually I think they're yours. You gave them to me. They're just basic microphones that are wireless and battery operated. You turn them on and they record into an external internal memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love those microphones. I use them all the time.
Speaker 2: There's no prep. It's one one like nothing. No buttons anything, and I gave it to him. She was like, oh, where's the cord and I was like, I don't need one. She's like, but how will record? And it goes internally. She was like, but why is it flashing. I'm like, because it's recording, Like, it's.
Speaker 1: All good, and she flashing is a good thing. Alisha. There it works.
Speaker 2: And then she goes, do you want to record on your phone as back up?
Speaker 1: And I was like, okay, thing, I usually pop a voice memo on just in case. What a smart girl anyway, So I did. Did you take her suggestion?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did, and I've got the audio yes, And okay, well and actually, you know what, this will prove my point that I'm not lying. I've got all these boody messages.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's fucking popular.
Speaker 2: Alicia Keys. What's it called memos, isn't it? You have to get out of you? I could do my night shirt number one rating. Here we go, Alicia Keys, Los Angeles. So there's a thirty minute file and the start of it is just pooh, show me give me, Oh my god? What was that?
Speaker 1: That was definitely you letting one rip?
Speaker 2: So her publicist walked in like a minute later, and I spoke to her the whole twenty minute Ah pass forward him. Is it thirteen minutes in and she hasn't appeared yet?
Speaker 1: This must be some mind over matter ship. But I could, all of a sudden smell excrement.
Speaker 8: I was like, oh, just someone fine thinking about her giving a fifteen minutes in.
Speaker 1: And were bare we go kid in the room now.
Speaker 2: Actually gave my mam a shout out too ready, I love you. It is boring. She liked that anyway, like she was great. I have no real stories from the whole and I got straight back to work, very busy.
Speaker 1: Speaking of book Club, I saw an Apple TV the other day, you know Apple TV plus their streaming service. Oprah's book Club is one of the shows.
Speaker 2: And she's so face tuned on that logo. Have a look, I thought it was.
Speaker 1: I actually put an episode of that on the other day, and even though I have not read the book she's talking about, I was so enthralled by every word.
Speaker 2: Anything Oprah says, I'd buy. Yeah, honestly, did you did you finish Morning?
Speaker 3: Was?
Speaker 1: Of course they finished Morning.
Speaker 4: I've got one more episode.
Speaker 1: Left, Okay, don't say anything. Have you noticed that there aren't many shows on Apple TV.
Speaker 2: Plus it's surrendous. I don't want what Hailey Steinfeld pretend to be.
Speaker 1: I did watch Truth Be Told?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: What's that net chick's name? Hold on truth?
Speaker 2: It's sorry, that's just Alicia. She's saying, thanks for bringing light. I did indeed. Pooh, that's what she had to say. Off on me record. Jesus christ Man, turn your phone off. You both have new ring times.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Truth be Told Octavia Spencer, you know that.
Speaker 2: Into the Pie.
Speaker 1: It's literally about her hosting a true crime podcast. It's like Michelle Laurie of America and then she she we go out and watch her investigator and then come back and make the podcast about it. And it's really good. Oh what's it called Truth Be Told?
Speaker 2: And it's on Apple TV? Yeah? I like that cure.
Speaker 1: Only other show on Apple TV that's called.
Speaker 2: Someone Else is at the door?
Speaker 4: Who is Hey, it's Deliver and I'm hanging on.
Speaker 7: I may do?
Speaker 2: How are you girl?
Speaker 1: I thought we said we're going to get more sound effects so that this stupid gag you do was less repetitive.
Speaker 2: Jenny thinks it's funny.
Speaker 6: I agree with you.
Speaker 4: Then shut up.
Speaker 1: Jenne miss Zimbat For this context, I know, I must say our studio is looking very schmid. We've got the new background the house. Anyone that follows our instagram at a couple of mitches, you'd see that we updated our backdrop. We used to have a city skyline, but then we thought that's not relatable and doesn't really represent us, so we got just a picture of a random suburban house. I googled Saint Mary's Western Sydney real estate. We chose a beautiful home, nothing, nothing scabby, nothing special.
Speaker 2: Though, Champagne Avenue.
Speaker 1: And I also figured that it represents our listenership versus like an actual popular shows listenership. We've got rid of a city scape and just got a five bedroom home beautiful that.
Speaker 2: I'm a radio guy and all radio shows, my show Mitch to Midnight has a city scape. And you made it, Mitch. You said it's from what's the city in mind?
Speaker 1: Oh, the city and yours because yours is national that they put Brisbane's because it's the most generic looking city. Bridney has like iconic buildings instead of Melbourne. So Brisbane like that could be anywhere, that could be fucking perfect.
Speaker 2: It actually looks for in New York. If you're on a Z one hundred in New York, you've got the New York Skyline. If you're in LA, you've got La.
Speaker 3: When I.
Speaker 2: Don't hear we go me.
Speaker 1: When I made my our backdrop, I just didn't really give it any thought. I just thought, Oh, I literally googled Sydney. Oh no, I got into one of those image providers that we have for work or something. Yeah, we actually have copyright for that picture. I googled yellow sky. So it was like an afternoon sunset and our themes yellow. Yeah, And so I was like, yeah, there's a cute picture of Sydney that'll do. I didn't put any thought into the fact that that looks a bit wanky, doesn't it. We just don't really represent after all, you.
Speaker 2: Like you that the house we chose actually has urine on the pathway the front because it's ten so it matches the yellow sky.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should get people to send because of their home is to put in the background. Said, what should be in our background is the question?
Speaker 2: Well, I like the idea of a suburban home. I think we should keep that trend going. I think my house is like we could do my house. You could do your house in bog and get your sister's house a little good on the screens.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, or my my apartment block in five docs. It could be a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's real B grade suburbs, like could you fuck it off Cronella milp bond Eye.
Speaker 1: No way, we want you from Crinella.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's just not it's to know you want a five doc or you want to have a field or a Baker's.
Speaker 1: I tell you I'm not actually from five Dock. Technically I'm from Abbotsford, an even more small and unknown or five dogs love it.
Speaker 4: I'm McQuary Park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very true.
Speaker 1: This Jenna moved into an apartment near McQuary Park because it's right next to our office, also a McQuary Park. And now we're moving premises, so she's going to have to move to Piermont, which is much more expensive, much more Jenna, how do you feel about that this show has gone on way too long? Now that we're getting back into the founder, Babe, we should go the.
Speaker 2: Doors locked Jenner can't escape, Jenna go, she can't get out of here. I've locked her in on your way out training.
Speaker 1: Well Anyway, guys, thank you for having us back. We've got a big year plan which and I've been brainstorming. Let me tell you lots of guest hosts in store. We're going to be doing collabs with other podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have lots of celebrity ideas, celebrity co hosts ready to go.
Speaker 1: Where do you see the future of this podcast, Jenna, Because we've we've got all these grand plans for the year. What are you going to contribute this year?
Speaker 4: Nothing because it's crap. Oh more Jenner's junk.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jenn's junk is good. We could keep that going.
Speaker 1: You know that you're allowed to do more than just.
Speaker 4: That, Jenna, Yes, I know, but I'd rather not because it's just a.
Speaker 2: Terrible Okay, you know what, I've actually got access in twenty twenty. We got a new computer system. Here, can you wrapping up?
Speaker 1: I want people to be glad we're back. I'm not threading.
Speaker 2: I just want to prove youth because people get you can request a sound effect, don't forget just request it thirteen when people sorry, that's my brain, fucking hay worrying. I've got access to the internet on this fader now, right, so I can give me the most sound effect you want. Ready, just think of.
Speaker 6: One, an angel screaming.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mitch, you think of one too.
Speaker 1: Okay. So if you're new here, you'd remember that Mitch likes to play random sound effects during add brief because we've got permission to go rogue. And my word, does he take advantage of it. And I fucking hate it because he just has a library of like ten sound effects. And I said, if you're going to do this, have some variety.
Speaker 4: Does he listen to me?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 2: And here is an angel screaming courtesy of Jenna.
Speaker 1: But now we have YouTube.
Speaker 2: There you go, Mitchell, what's your sound effects?
Speaker 1: Can you push Chicago broken tornado siren?
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: You've played this from me memory your house drunk and it really scared me.
Speaker 1: I like to do it when people are around and is not tell them explain it. I just look around and go, what's that is this? It turn it up? Imagine that going off?
Speaker 2: That's awful. Well it goes back up. No, I don't like that's scary.
Speaker 1: You know sometimes when I'm uploading something on my computer. Yeah, and you know how if your computer if you're uploading something and you let it. You let it go, and then your computer like goes to sleep, like the screen goes black. It'll stop the upload. If I ever want something to stay to upload, and it's going to take a while, I literally google Chicago broken Tornado Siren ten hour loop and then I'll just leave it there open and put it on mute. And so that's what keeps my computer away because it's playing a YouTube vide. It's good idea and I'm always that one cargo tornado siren. People look at my YouTube his here and go, why has he watched this for like for forty hours in total?
Speaker 2: Anyway, we'll see you next week on Monday.
Speaker 1: Oh god, because way too much? Can we go? It's been great to be back, guys, but bloody hell, I'm over it. Let's go.
Speaker 2: It's been a great show. I mean last time we were here, we had.
Speaker 1: Wrap yourself in for another year of This's gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: Ladies and Jans steal my hat toms.
Speaker 2: Check, Jim, how are you feeling? I'm ready on? This is what I should have got I do my hat toms check my name? Did you feeling cut down?
Speaker 1: You should have gotten her to say like an Australian version been like check my nails, Darlan Haggen doing feeling good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get my nuggets from the local sweat house, sauce extra pickle.
Speaker 1: Know what could you make? The Australian one'd be like, flick me paronytail, I don't check your nails.
Speaker 2: The Australian version will be I'll get my doll check center link, no cam in the bank.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're understanding the game. You take the existing lyrics and you say it how an Australian would Since I do my hair toss, you say, I flick me ponytails.
Speaker 2: Okay, what would you.
Speaker 1: Check my nails?
Speaker 2: Okay, flick me rats tail toes? Yes? Maybe how you're feeling? No Dylan?
Speaker 1: A you' doing?
Speaker 5: Dylan?
Speaker 2: How you're doing? Feeling fucking ground again?
Speaker 1: Ready, I'll google an instrumental?
Speaker 2: Look at the hell I can get one because I got the internet access. Give us one reason? Another rad fucking hell? What's it called good? So that sounded like a fucking elephant? Was stampede?
Speaker 1: Sound like the beginning of liking when the stampede happens? Oh ship, I'll do it now. I'm click bony tail, click me toes Dylan, how you doing? Thank you.
Speaker 2: We'll send that to Lisa. You'll love it. Oh you're very good, so just DM it to her. Yeah, that's fucking great. All right, let's get out of here. I'm you glad I dragged it on because we wouldn't have had that nugget of goal. Our best stuff comes at the end. It's almost like when you know murderers to say they're admit to their crimes just before they die.
Speaker 1: Okay, see everyone, thank you dinner?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Bye? Bye, hard wrap?
Speaker 2: Sorry, all right, see you guys, See you on Monday.
Speaker 1: See is it just me?
Speaker 5: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app.