Speaker 1: Hi, guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut. I'm Laura, and in Laura's words, this is a very special episode, Brittany. But yes, every episode is special. And the reason why this episode is so special is because every single Saturday at one pm, we are packaging up our radio show and dropping it into your hot little podcast libraries. And that's exactly what this is.
Speaker 2: We have a pretty great episode coming up, if I don't say so myself. We have a few people phoning in Levi from Married at First Sight. Levi is not a contestant. Levi is the really, really hot guy that everyone's talking about that came on as the best man of Brent.
Speaker 1: Britt have you seen anything about this season of mass Like, have you watched any of the episodes yet?
Speaker 2: No, I've just seen hot Levi.
Speaker 1: Well I know I haven't watch either, And this is so uncharacteristic of me, like I'm usually sick for maths. But we do have Levi, who I know a lot of you are going to be familiar with, and we are asking him all the ins and outs about Brent and Tamara's marriage. We're also talking about Lola, because guys, I didn't tell you this on Thursday, but it was actually Lola's birthday, and we're talking about how when you're the second child you get a little bit forgotten about.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I think if any child that comes after one, doesn't matter what number, two, three, four, It gets progressively worse.
Speaker 1: As the children come out. Mate, I feel so for number three. For me, then did you name me number three? Come on, get in the car.
Speaker 2: We're also talking to Sam Wood. We have Sam Wood calling in and we do a pretty funny game. You know that we play head lies or headlines. So we've got that coming up. Hot. I got into a fight at the dog park, but we'll talk you. We'll talk to you about that later. It wasn't a proper fight. It was just like a little like it's like an internal monologue fight.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the dog park politics is what it is. But anyways, this is the radio show. We hope you love it. We hope if you haven't listened to it live when it was actually on the radio, which is ten to twelve.
Speaker 2: Do better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we need you, We need the rating. So please next time just put like, jump in your car, turn it on, even if you're not in the car. To leave it running two hours.
Speaker 2: I don't have to get in the car. They've got an app. You can listen live on the app.
Speaker 1: But we're not begging, I promise anyway.
Speaker 4: Guys. That's it.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the show.
Speaker 2: The Life Radio Show.
Speaker 5: With Hockey and Laura Burn coming up.
Speaker 6: Sam Wood will be here, ladies. You guys know Sam personally.
Speaker 1: I've met him a couple of times on their own Bachelor, you know, traps roundabout.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people think everyone from the Bachelor family one hundred percent knows each other. I don't know if I'm a minority, but I don't really know anyone from the Bachelor besides you and when I vomited it in Holly and Jimmy's garden one time, guys, one time. Oh, I don't know Sam, so I'm looking forward to speaking.
Speaker 6: So fine. He'll be on later in the show. Right now, they're Laura. I believe something's happened in the UK that's caught your attention.
Speaker 1: There is a woman in the UK who has been arrested and is going to serve some jail time because she feigned a kidnapping. She not only feigned a kidnapping, she pretended that she had been kidnapped in order to hold herself ransom to her ex boyfriend and get two thousand pounds out of him.
Speaker 2: Hang on, hang on, hold up, She stopped the press. She kidnapped herself, sent her own ransom, not even to her current boyfriend, but to an ex boyfriend. What makes her think the ex is going to pay her ransom?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess they'd only just recently broken up. And you know how sometimes you're like, oh, I really want to see if they still care about me. So she took photos of herself bound and gagged.
Speaker 2: Patty do that self time, just like one of those remotes, like if you see the selfie stick in the ransom photo, you like, I can see the selfies.
Speaker 1: But then she then she took more photos. So then she not only did she take them of her self bound and gag, she then took a video of herself as the kidnapper and sent that video to her ex boyfriend to try and get some money out of here.
Speaker 6: She put a voice down and put like a voice to coder thousand dollars. See yes, I.
Speaker 2: Would love to see hear this footage. And I can't work out how she's done this. Well, she hasn't done it. She got caught.
Speaker 1: Do you know the amazing part? The amazing part of this art As well as that, apparently this wasn't the first time. There was also a man who feigned his own kidnapping to get out of a day of work.
Speaker 6: Oh, don't tell my story.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was me.
Speaker 2: So she goes to jail. So this is illegal to kidnap yourself?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I think it's illegal to I think it's entrapment trying to get two thousand dollars out of someone when you haven't actually been kidnapped.
Speaker 2: Well, the question is did he pay it? Does he care enough? Did he pay two thousand pounds?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I would love to know what you've gotten out of an ex boyfriend. Like you've beat you're jilded, you're angry at your X or whatever they've done, and you're like, you know what they need to pay for that?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I once upon a time, many many moons ago, I had borrowed my ex's credit card to pay for basically my website at the time had like a monthly installment deduction thing. And I had used his credit card for one installment deduction and then he broke up with me, and then I just forgot to change it for like a year and a half. You said it as a recurring payment until a year and a half later. I got a phone call from him and he was like, hey, just an FYI, I'm pretty sure I'm still getting these Shopify and voices And I was like, yeah, that's all. Also to pay for my car, which you kind of half crashed.
Speaker 2: You have to pay him back?
Speaker 1: Did he thank you for that?
Speaker 7: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: He did? Ask me? But I didn't pay him back because he did actually crash my car and never got it fixed. So I felt like the painters kind of evened itself out.
Speaker 6: That's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I took one thing, just one his heart had no that was so hod.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: I took you know, for women, oversized jackets and coats are really in at the moment, so I took his like beautiful, it was very expensive, very lush. But I took his really big oversized winter coat.
Speaker 1: I know exactly the coat.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly the man, you know, you know what and about it was only a couple of months ago. He saw it in a photo and he's like this looks really familiar, and I was like, I know nothing, but I want to know what you guys.
Speaker 1: Have taken from an ex lover or a boyfriend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we want to know what did you get out of your ex? Katie Hello on thirteen one sixty five. What did you get from your ex?
Speaker 3: Hi? Guys, I actually got edge sheering tickets off my e.
Speaker 1: Wait, did you get both the tickets as then you've got his ticket as well? Or just the one and you had to go with him?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: So long story, Sure, I caught my ex out on Snapchat locations cheating on me, and.
Speaker 9: When I broke it off, I asked if I could buy.
Speaker 3: The tickets off him, and he was like, no, no, you can have them for free. But the strangest thing was that he actually had three tickets.
Speaker 1: What was he going to bring a friend? Was he going to bring?
Speaker 3: I think he was going to bring the side chick and kind of say that she was like his cousin or something.
Speaker 1: Surely she wouldn't have been okay with it. So you got three tickets out of him?
Speaker 3: Yes, three free cheered tickets.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is pretty lush because ed shurances top of the range. They're not cheap.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, though, I think if you've been cheated on, you deserve a bit more than a couple of ed sheering tickets.
Speaker 2: I can't believe he's going to take the snapchat chick.
Speaker 6: You should have not used the phone seed and see who turned up next year. Then you would have known a trap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I could have, but I ended up taking my dad and brother, so we had a quick nime.
Speaker 6: Ok, all right, you had nicey nice the end to that story. Thank you, Katie. Let's go to Jill. I'm thirteen, one oh sixty five. What did you get from your ex?
Speaker 5: Jill?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 9: Yes, he gave me this really cool down jacket that was his. I had a big logo on the back Casey's bar and grill had cow horns. It was very cool in the mid nineties.
Speaker 1: Wait if you still got the jacket.
Speaker 9: No, because when we broke up, he asked for it back. So I tried it on for one last time, just for old time fake, because I really really liked that jacket, and I put my hands in the pockets and pulled out a fifty dollars those.
Speaker 2: That is exactly what you want, because I don't feel like you really want the jacket with the bullhorns.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean no, in the nineties it was pretty cruel. So I would have kept the jacket, but instead I kept the fifty dollars and gave him the jacket back and I never told him.
Speaker 1: Ah, do you know what? You should have kept both?
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's go to Melinda. I'm thirteen one. I six him, Melinda, what did you get from your ex?
Speaker 10: Ah?
Speaker 4: Hi? Ah?
Speaker 10: So I went to pick my stuff up from my ex when we broke up, and he gave me a plastic bag and I got a pair of another girl's dirty underwear.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you're going to say he gave me a plastic bag, And I was like, that's not really I put a really cool radio station for that. But yeah, you got a pair of dirty undie.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that was intentional that he slid those in there? Was he that much of like a narcissist?
Speaker 1: Or do you think he was going to give them to her in the plastic bag and accidentally gave it to you?
Speaker 2: Did you get confused with the two girls?
Speaker 10: Look, I mean there is a bit more of a story to it. But I found out he was cheating on me with a coworker. So I have a theory that they planned it together to upset me, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if Oh that's horrible, mel I'm so sorry. I just think that like no one deserves that. If anything, you should get a bunch of You should put a call out for other people's dirty undies and send them back to them in the office.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got skitties in the Melinda.
Speaker 6: I've got a great pair that I've been brewing for a couple of days. You send me your po box, I'll get them out to you maybe as well.
Speaker 10: Yes, I think you control girdie underwear for a good prime care.
Speaker 6: Melinda, I'll give them to you for free, no charge, no charge for a life on cut listener.
Speaker 11: Thank you you in twenty two your Saturday Morning for the last time.
Speaker 1: Brit Hockley and Laura.
Speaker 6: Ben Ladies right now joining us the star of the new iHeart Radio podcast The wood Life, Sam Water is here home mate.
Speaker 7: Hey you guys.
Speaker 2: Wh So Sam, we were just talking about this before. How have we both been around the Bachelor traps for many years but we've never met?
Speaker 7: I know, I know, I do feel like I know you.
Speaker 2: Let me stalk each other on the Gram.
Speaker 7: Honestly love Maddie and Laura. You know, you're like their kid.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes I'm their kids, sometimes I'm the third wheel. It's all very weird. Sam.
Speaker 1: How are things in your household at the moments? Nasanna is pregnant, You're having another baby, having an the girl. How is everything.
Speaker 7: I'd love to do?
Speaker 8: It's just swimming along nicely, but it's pretty hectic. And poor old Sages Crook as.
Speaker 7: A dog at the moment.
Speaker 8: She's twenty two weeks today and literally it's never been so sick in all her life since about week six, so everyone thinks telling her that will disappear out of order till Christmas.
Speaker 1: Sam, we I mean, obviously we're all from The Bachelor, But I'll have a bit of a spicy question for you. Last year we saw that the ratings of The Bachelor were not as good as what they have been in the past. Why do you think somebody who's done it, who's been there, who's been the lead, why do you think the Bachelor's not been as successful in the past years.
Speaker 8: I definitely think it's just because it's been around for a lot longer now, and there's probably other shows a bit like it than people are streaming all these different things. I think it's a TV in general thing. But I also think the thing that people say to Sneeze and I are light and I'm sure you get this too, Laura La and I as a couple and there I was like, we love you guys, love Maddy Jay Laura, and we loved Tim and Anna, and like, why aren't.
Speaker 7: There couples like that on anymore?
Speaker 8: I mean, it's very cliche, but we're here that you know. I'm sure you go to them in the Times a day, and I think that's what people want.
Speaker 2: So you're saying you think that the show's not working anymore because you don't really believe the intentions behind the people going on it anymore.
Speaker 8: Oh well, a lot of the people have been on it already, or it's I think people have kind of cottoned on that it can be a launching pad into other things, and therefore that's probably the main reason they're on it. I was genuine to find someone and it has just all went a bonus this other stuff, and I think other people are a bit the other way around. I think that I just want to become insta famous, and you know, maybe I'll meet someone. But I think people are smart enough that they see through that.
Speaker 7: I think the audience gets it.
Speaker 8: I think the audience can tell if you're genuine or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're so right in that. Like social media has changed the game. You know, most people are signing up now they know that it comes with some perks and some benefits because they've seen like the amazing things that other people have achieved out of it. Now, speaking of some amazing things that people achieved out of it, Sam, you've just launched a podcast to talk.
Speaker 2: About his amazing sperm achievements.
Speaker 1: Because they start now you have got some swimmers, let me tell you. Okay, well let's before we get into the podcast. After after three kids? Same, is it enoughter Reckon? You get the snip?
Speaker 8: I think the snip's happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think we haven't lost.
Speaker 7: In a date yet.
Speaker 8: I've got a few enjoyable months before we get to that stage.
Speaker 1: They're not going to cut your peans.
Speaker 2: Just to be clear with what the snip means. It is not a caplications.
Speaker 8: Had anywhere I was confused.
Speaker 7: I quite like.
Speaker 1: Sam tell us about this podcast that you started the wood Life.
Speaker 8: Ye, it's a very very different mind's fitness, it tells, but we do try to go a bit deeper in the psychological and.
Speaker 12: The emotional side of all of these things, from motivation, inspiration and sleep and mental health. And we're talking to people that can inspire others to sort of get up and get moving and sets and kick us through to some real experts on sleep. And I interviewed an incredible lady the other day who was a parental and child anxiety specialists, So you know, it's all the mums out there that sort of struggle with anxiety themselves, anxiety for their kids, the kids get back to school.
Speaker 7: Or whatever it might be.
Speaker 8: So we're covering some really interesting health and fitness topics but in a really fun, lighthearted, relatable way. And I think the thing in the fitness industry is there's so much information out there. People don't know what to believe. You know, probably a good for me keto fasting. There's all this bullshit out there and people trying to sell products, so you know, they're being misled and there's misinformation. So I want to help people navigate their way through that. We're only four days old and the feedback has been nothing short of sensational.
Speaker 7: It's a medium that.
Speaker 8: I absolutely loved because I can talk under water with a mouthful of marbles and can't.
Speaker 6: I Sam, stay there. Actually, we want to play a game with you that we do on the show. It's called headlines. We bring headlines that are about you and we debunk whether or not they're true or false. So we have a stack of them, a lot of Sam would headlines sitting here ready to go. You good to sit around for a second.
Speaker 8: We'll come back in a bit, absolutely loving forward to.
Speaker 6: Nice head lies.
Speaker 2: All right, I will kick that. Sam Wood says he has declined SAS two years running because quote, it just wouldn't be a challenge.
Speaker 7: Absolutely not true.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 7: I feel like that I have been approached to go on the show, but I haven't.
Speaker 8: I definitely haven't that I won't go on it because.
Speaker 7: I don't want to be away from my baby.
Speaker 2: So they do want you. I think it probably would be easy for you, But what sort of dollar value did they offer you.
Speaker 1: I want to know.
Speaker 7: It's not about the money.
Speaker 2: Oh, if you're being brought the SAS is about the money.
Speaker 1: If no one goes and does that for fun, nobody's going to go and swim and freezing cold water unless there's a pretty paycheck challenge.
Speaker 7: I would love to chest myself like that.
Speaker 8: I genuinely think as much as I would have at the time, I'd come at a better person and grateful that I did it.
Speaker 1: Do you know two hundred thousand dollars make you a better person? You come up better on comp spend seven days in there around Sam. I have one for you, and I need to apologize for this one. Thank goodness, it didn't end up looking like a cheese l Bachelor when a Laura Burn makes fun of a snack like engagement ring Sam Wood gave Snazzana and Gush's about brave, Maddie j.
Speaker 7: True and so so fair.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: What's what's on?
Speaker 1: What's this cheesel story going on?
Speaker 8: I gave Sneeze the most hideous ring on our season of The Bachelor.
Speaker 7: It was that I designed myself, which make for Tony.
Speaker 1: What were you thinking?
Speaker 8: I don't know different. I should have just started a classic look and I really stuffed it up and measure so beautiful. I love it.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 8: And then the social media just started roll again and Sam would give Nana a cheese the end of season ring, and I don't reckon there's you'll even be able to tell you where that ring is?
Speaker 4: How long?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, how long did it take says to get it retrofitted into something else?
Speaker 8: No, well, we never we've never done that. We've never done that. It'd be sitting somewhere safely. But I haven't seen that ring for a.
Speaker 2: Love When did How long? How deep were you until she told you the truth about her feelings for the ring?
Speaker 8: I know, I sort of, I sort of came clean and said, look, I think it's an absolute stink. And I think she'd had a few drinks and she's like, yeah, it's probably not what I would have asked for if but you know, but she's measures very sentimental, so she wouldn't. I don't know if she'd want to change it, or.
Speaker 2: She's so sentimental that she's put it in a box and buried in the backyard.
Speaker 8: She's now got an engagement in a wedding ring.
Speaker 9: No room for the cheese, all right, Sam?
Speaker 2: Last headline headline or headline. Sam Wood says he will keep having kids until he has a boy with his Max being.
Speaker 7: Absolutely dad.
Speaker 8: I think it's everybody else's we should the ever boy but never even entered my mind. As long as they're happy and as kid as you ask.
Speaker 6: You're a good man. We love you here and the Wood Life. You can get an our on iHeart Radio or wherever you get your podcasts. Buddy. Great to have you one and we'll catch up with you soon.
Speaker 7: Okay, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: So you guys The Life Radio Show with Hockey and Laura Burn.
Speaker 6: You had a birthday, Laura this week, not yours, but in the family.
Speaker 1: We did have a birthday this week. So I have two little girls. I have a two and a half year old named Marley May, and I now have a one year old. Well she wasn't one a couple of days ago, but she turned one on Wednesday. Her name is Lola. And do you know what made me realize this whole birthday this week? Just how forgotten about the second child is? And I say forgot it was a birthday. I forgot I had a child.
Speaker 2: She left her in the bed, didn't even get her out of that day.
Speaker 1: Okay, calm down, guys, No, I just think back when it was Marley May's first birthday. We went all out with this big birthday party. It was ridiculous. We even had a huge baby shower. I'm talking like booked out a venue, had balloons everywhere. It was one o'clock on Lola's actual birthday. The poor thing was at daycare, and I was running around Kmart trying to get stuff, trying to get some cupcakes so that when she got home she might know it's her birthday. And I just think I never really realized, like, I'm a middle child, and I never really realized just how different it is from the first kid to the same kid, and how quickly the ball slips. Do you know, there's this.
Speaker 2: Running joke in my family. I'm one of four, two older brothers. I am number three, and then I have a younger sister, Sherry. We have this running joke in the family that when we're going through photo albums, because you know, we had photos then nothing was on the internet. You don't have digital cameras, so we had hundreds of photo albums. Mitch, the eldest child, I reckon he's got twenty five albums, like albums. Daying comes along. He's a second child, you know, he's probably got like fifteen, I come along, I've got about four number three Sherry. Sherry was trying to find one photo, one photo of her, not an album, a photo for herself, and she could barely find anythings because by the time it comes along, like, I'm too busy.
Speaker 1: I don't have timeout running around up to four children. You don't have all this time to take photos. But I realized this, so Eric like, well, I was. I did the same thing. So when I was Marley's birthday, Matt and I we sat on the couch that night and we made this little cute video montage just put on Instagram. It was gorgeous, and we had hundreds of videos to choose from, like Marley, like doing her first word, taking her first walk, all these things, all these amazing milestones. And then I was looking for videos of Lola and I was like, I mean, I've got a few, but none of them are very outstanding. And I think, what's gonna happen when she turns twenty one and it's her twenty first birthday and she's like, hey, mum, what'd you do for my first birthday? I said, I've got some helium balloons from Kmart. Sweet.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if making see this makes me a bad auntie. But I was over at Laura's the other day and she was saying, oh shit, like I forgot that it's Laura's birthday coming up. And I was like, oh, I don't even do anything. I was like, she's she's never gonna remember it. She's one year old. That makes me about human.
Speaker 1: She won't remember, but social media will. And that's the thing I'm very worried about.
Speaker 2: But let's be real. Parties are for the adults, they not for the kid.
Speaker 1: We were talking and we were like, maybe we'll have a housewarming party and then also do Lola's birthday party at the same time. And then I realized, once again, it's still not a bit.
Speaker 6: She's just constantly losing in these scenarios at the show.
Speaker 1: Oh that's happy birthday, Lola.
Speaker 6: There you go this audio last birthday.
Speaker 1: In twenty two your Saturday morning.
Speaker 6: Bred Hockley and Laura ben Kiss. So right now, though you guys are watching maths, Yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sick for maths. It's like my dirty little secret except in maths or maths Maths. Just listening a little bit in the morning, I got a bit of a dry mouth. No, I love myself and Married at First Sight.
Speaker 2: We have a special guest coming on right now. Levi is on Married at First Sight, but he's not on as it can testant le why has taken Australia by an absolute storm as one of the contestant Brent's best man?
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's basically you summed it up. I was just really supporting a mate and then the attention just kind of went on me.
Speaker 1: Now, Leviah, before we get into your experience on Mass, how do you know our Brittany Hockley over here?
Speaker 13: So I met.
Speaker 1: In the studio here, there's something going on attention, I meant.
Speaker 13: Britt How did I meet Brit? I was actually I don't know if BRIT's gonna love me saying this. It was actually at a club in Sydney. She was sitting in a booth behind me, and then we just became friends from their friends.
Speaker 1: I like that weak, very diplomatic.
Speaker 11: We didn't meet in a club, Britty and your friends anyway, Levi, how does it feel to have stolen the show on Mass?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: Your friend Brent he has been set up with Tamara. I'd love to know what that day was like you know, we see a very a very minimized version of it on the TV, a very cut together produced version. What was that day like for you?
Speaker 13: The day was filled with a lot of anticipation building up to the wedding, and Brent was very nervous, but I was very excited for my mate to kind of hopefully find the love of his life.
Speaker 1: When you go on to Maths as an extra, like not an extra, but you know when you're.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean believe.
Speaker 1: Supporting a friend. Do you get paid to go on the show?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: No, no way, lev I reckon, you need to send an invoice because I think you're bringing the most promotion they've ever had.
Speaker 13: Yeah, look the thoughts crossed my mind. But yeah, no, I didn't get paid at all. So Brent, because it was during the second lockdown in Sydney, his family lived in an LGA and so they couldn't come supporting him, and so he messaged me being that, look, I'm getting married, do you want to be my best man?
Speaker 2: What were your thoughts on tomorrow when you first I guess when you first saw her. But then we did see some controversy go down. We saw there was some you know, I know her saying that maybe people that work in retail or specifically a toy store are not up to her standard. So what are your thoughts on a when you first saw it, and b how those thoughts changed as the night went on.
Speaker 13: At my first the original thoughts where she seemed like a normal, typical girl hopefully was in the show for the right reasons, but as a night kind of progressed, she kind of realized that she maybe is in the best person for one of my closest friends. And obviously I had had a couple of drinks and so I kind of just put it on her own was like, well, look, I'm going to be straight up. I didn't say this, but in my mind I was like, you have all the wrong things going around right now, and so for me personally, I just kind of asked questions which kind of brought that to light.
Speaker 1: Now when you did go down and start drilling her, because like you really kind of got in there and got stuck into a little bit. Was that pushed on by the producers? Were you encouraged to have those conversations or were you like, no, I want to stand up to my mate and make sure he's got the right will here.
Speaker 13: So I actually wasn't encouraged by the producers at all. That was all me.
Speaker 1: And you know Brent so well. So from the bit that you've seen of tomorrow so far, do you think that they're going to work out? Do you think they're a good couple together?
Speaker 13: Look, I said it best when I said that it's going to be a lot of work for both of them. I know that Brent has always been unlucky in love, and so to be honest with you, I hope it works out. Maybe Brent's phones are shining light that I personally couldn't see. But yeah, at the end of the day, you want what's best for your mate, Leve.
Speaker 2: I have a question that I guess, like you know, we all want to know here at Life on Cut, but a lot of viewers and listeners want to know too, how do you get that six pack? How do you get I mean, like everyone, people have been cruising your Instagram and it is you're a very well oiled, well sculpted animal. You're fine, specimen.
Speaker 7: I actually wasn't exciting that good question at all.
Speaker 13: I'm kind of how do I what's guys?
Speaker 6: Job just rolled back into your head I'm asking the.
Speaker 1: Question that I feel like I know the question that the nation wants answered. And by the nation, I mean all the women of Australia. Leva, are you single?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Sorry, lady, sorry, Levi.
Speaker 2: Has a very very attractive girlfriend. Well.
Speaker 1: I did see a couple of tweets going out. One of my favorite ones was I volunteer to wife Levi hashtag mass.
Speaker 2: My favorite tweet that I saw was I'm watching married at first sight for the plot and then it was like the plot a montage of you.
Speaker 13: I don't really know how to react to all of it, to be honest with you, but I do appreciate the love and support that I'm getting from everybody.
Speaker 2: How does your bestie Brent feel that you have been getting a lot of the attention from the show because obviously it's on, He's on there, he just got married, it's his wife, it's his wedding. You were supposed to be just like in Lawa's term, the extra extra How does he feel about it all?
Speaker 13: He's a brother to me, but he's a true friend. You don't really get any jealousy. You're happy to see you make succeeds, So Brent, it's nothing really, and I'm sure there's going to be a lot more attention on bread. He's a very good looking guy. I know that a lot of people are comparing him to the two Parts. What's that lead singer with the tattoos and the shaved head, Adam.
Speaker 6: It's a pleasure, but he We'll talk to you soon, Okay, thanks for coming on.
Speaker 5: This is the Life on cart radio show and Laura Ben Ladies, did we see Scott Morrison, our Prime minister embarrassed himself at the National Press Club this week?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean what has he done now?
Speaker 2: Was that with the old grocery shopping list?
Speaker 6: That was the grocery Yeah, he was being grilled by the media and they asked him the price of bread and milk. They said, have you lost touch? There's accusations that you have and he couldn't answer. He couldn't give him the price of below for bread and the leader of milk.
Speaker 1: I do actually like when he came out in his said he said, I'm not going to pretend to you that I go out every day and I buy a loaf of bread or I buy a leader of milk. So the answer was no, he doesn't know, but isn't that wild? Like even if you, oh god, even if you earn a lot of money.
Speaker 2: I love his finishing line to the reporter. He was like, I'll leave these sorts of things to you.
Speaker 4: Mate.
Speaker 2: What you think the report is going to go buy your bread and milk and drop it off to your house?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's probably very well. So why did it sound like an insult? I'll leave that to you, thank you very much?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because oh yes, I didn't know how you do you get defensive? Yeah, it's a defense because I don't know how much loaf for bread is, so I'll just throw that back on you.
Speaker 1: Feel like that's even worse than like had he just left it and said I don't know the price. But then that last statement really makes it like, well you would know because you're beneath me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why I don't.
Speaker 2: I just feel like you need to go in with confidence. Just say four dollars fifty. Yes, say it like surely you're not a ballpark.
Speaker 1: And also surely there's milk somewhere in Australia. That's four dollars fifty. I don't even know how much more. I don't drink fool free.
Speaker 2: Depends is it like homegrown super organic bond Dila for bread, because it's like twenty five dollars.
Speaker 6: Hold that, because I want to put you ladies to the test. We're going to the price is right. See if you know the price of famous household items. I've got two for you. You have to buzz in. Let me know which you think is more expensive. Okay, out of the two, so hit us with what you think is more expensive, all right? I don't Number one Huggy is ultra dry nappy for boys. I didn't realize you could size them, but it was six eleven six to eleven kilos in size.
Speaker 1: I like how specific this is, and of course you need size, you have to size. I feel like such a mum right now. You can't go put any newborn nappies on an eleven kilo child.
Speaker 6: Lasting just slap on.
Speaker 2: That's a slide on it.
Speaker 6: I feel like a tie.
Speaker 2: On them, just like they don't have one size fits all under you're right, Okay, Well I'm a bit out of my territory here.
Speaker 1: You do not have kids.
Speaker 6: That's why I put this in. This is very briet Skin original condoms eighteen pack.
Speaker 1: Hey, oh, why is that me?
Speaker 2: I feel like if anyone we need to be throwing those to Laura, that woman needs to stop procrating.
Speaker 1: The reason why I have two children is because we certainly haven't bought enough condoms lately. But I have been buying nappy so I feel like I have a half unfair advantage on this one.
Speaker 2: What's more expensive I've been buying either, I'm going to the nappies.
Speaker 1: I'm going nappies as well. Nappies are wildly expensive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you've got it, you both got it. The nappies are thirty four dollars and the condoms eighteen dollars.
Speaker 1: And also if you just splurge and spend eighteen dollars, you'll save yourself thirty four dollars. Yeah, condoms are so like these skin condoms are so thin these days, there's not that much material.
Speaker 6: Alright, let's do number two Active clean Top and front Loader Laundry liquid detergents. It's a four liter.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's so specific.
Speaker 6: Well ye yep, yep. Or you can get veat sensitive hair removal cream, which is more expensive.
Speaker 1: I'm going for the veet sensitive hair removal cream.
Speaker 2: I am going the detergent.
Speaker 6: Oh, one of you have it. One of your don't obviously. Yeah, that's how the game works, says britwhen.
Speaker 1: Wow, So hairless legs are less expensive than having clean clothes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sixteen dollars eighty for the veat by the way, if you wanted to pop in, and a thirty six for them.
Speaker 1: Clearly I'm out of parth.
Speaker 2: A lot of washing with no waxing.
Speaker 11: I would like to show you or by legs the plak right now. Clearly I haven't been buying much beat all right. Final one, This is Cole's sweet gold potatoes. Now these are loose in the fresh produce section. Put them in a little bag. So, yeah, gold potatoes.
Speaker 6: So you get a kilo of those, a kilo of potatoes or Sunny Queen cage free large eggs. You've got eighteen of them.
Speaker 2: I'm going to eggs.
Speaker 1: I'm going a kilo of sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are a bit expensive. Even a kilo of them is a lot.
Speaker 2: When I got it because they're cage free eggs too, I'm clearly out of touch.
Speaker 1: They're extra large, they're cage free, and there's a lot of them.
Speaker 2: Potatoes are like the chicksest thing you can buy. I love that everybody thought that I was to lose this game.
Speaker 1: But also what if there's sweet like there's sweet potatoes, and maybe they were organic, in which case they'd be more expensive. Maybe you're buying them from the health food store and BONDI get in that case.
Speaker 6: Very different game.
Speaker 5: This is the Life on Cut radio show Laura Ben This week.
Speaker 6: It's been a pretty emotional, pretty incredible week for the lifelone fan base.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is a story that honestly, when Britain I found out about it, it brought tears to our eyes. One of our community members from the Life Uncut Facebook group now, her name is Jamie Werner. She is a property manager and she manages a rental for an eighty year old man who Dennis. His name is Dennis.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: So he has been and I shouldn't say kicked out, but basically the owners of the property have decided that they're not going to continue leasing to him because they want to up the rent. Dennis is on a pension. Dennis has no family, he has no other income, no support, and Jamie saw Dennison was like, what can I do to help him? She is the property manager who ough could you imagine having someone who cares that much.
Speaker 2: She's looking after manager of your absolute dreams. But what she did was she she took this to our life Uncut discussion group. So we have a Facebook discussion group that has nearly sixty thousand people in it. She put a gofund me in there to try and raise a little bit of money for Dennis, and it just went bonkers. And this is why Laura and I we are so proud of this community. But Jamie has raised nearly fifty thousand dollars for Dennis. So let's speak to Jamie.
Speaker 1: We've got her on the line.
Speaker 2: Jamie, it's so nice to have you on the show. Thanks for calling in today. And one incredible, incredible thing you have done for Dennis.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you so much. I haven't done too much. Everyone else has pretty much done all the hard work.
Speaker 1: Oh do you know what though, I think you have. I think most people would think of their property managers as a real estate agent and not think that somebody would go out of their way like this. What was it about Dennis's story that made you go I need to do something and want to set up that gofund me in the first place.
Speaker 4: I just thought about how I would feel if I was him, if I was almost almost eighty. He's not eighty yet. Girls. He's been picking me.
Speaker 2: Up on that, but he's all, if it's one thing, He's like, can we just correct my age? I'm seventy nine or eleven months, And I.
Speaker 4: Just thought about imagine feeling like that at that age. He just had no one to go to, and he didn't actually ask me for help or anything.
Speaker 1: Well, Dennis is on a pension, and I did a little bit of research into this, but the Australian pension is around half of what has been made through the growth fundme per annum, so essentially you've managed to raise what he would earn through the pension for two years straight. I just think it's such an incredible thing, Jamie. Do you know how Dennis is planning on spending that money and what the next couple of months or years look like for him.
Speaker 4: I don't know how he's planning on spending the money. I haven't spoken to him too much about that. I think he's just so overwhelmed. He likened it to winning the lottery.
Speaker 2: Oh my heart.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: From once we get him a rental, whether it be a rental in the area, for an agency, or whether the Department of Having can step in and give him a really secure long term home, which I'm hoping I'm working really hard to do. Then that money will be able to assist him that once, if he pays his right out of his pension, that money will be able to assist him in the future with buying extraboratory's, buying fruit and vegetables, which he said he never ever does because he can't afford it, buying some fush meat, killing his car up, paying bills like fuel and registration and electricity and all those things that he obviously has such a small amount of money left over each fortnight and he has to pay.
Speaker 9: For all of those things.
Speaker 4: I believe that that money will hopefully last and you know a very long time of him not having to worry about, you know, putting fuel in his car or buying grow through And.
Speaker 2: That's so amazing And the most amazing thing that I have found out of this is I can't tell you the people from our community that have written in and said that they want to help. In every capacidy. We've had people literally offer up their spare properties. We've had people who've had removalless companies message and say hey, we want to get a board and move Dennis for free. We've had so many people from the community and that's just the best part, everybody coming together to help somebody absolutely in need. And Jamie, surely.
Speaker 1: You've got employee of the month.
Speaker 2: Surely you have gotten there is some sort of shiny award hanging at your office for you.
Speaker 4: I did get a beautiful bunch of sloms from another real estate agency. Very unexpected yesterday in the office. To have people being like, you're doing such an amazing job, I feel like is a bit overwhelming for me because I'm like, you know, I'm not really doing anything, but the group, the people that have donated, everyone that's got behind the removal lest I've had another lovely lady that you guys connected me with and she's actually been helping me, you know, look for a rental in the area for him. And I'm only one person, so I can kind of only do so much. And it's been a very very busy past week. But I'm grateful for that and I'm more than happy to do it.
Speaker 9: So you know, it's a.
Speaker 4: Shout out to everyone in you guys and everyone who has got the word out there and everyone who's donated, you know, the smallest amount even is just so amazing.
Speaker 1: I know you say you haven't done anything, but just taking the time to actually be that person to advocate for him to raise that money, it is life changing stuff. So from Life on Cart and from everybody who's been involved in this, we just want to say thank you so much.
Speaker 2: And if anybody wants to see Dennis where the moment he was told he had some money. And again, you've never seen anyone happier. But that photo is on our Life Uncut discussion group, So go and have a look. And poor Dennis. Dennis thought that you were just doing a sausage shizzle from him, so he was beside himself when he realized how much money. So Jamie, good on you. Thank you so so much. From everyone here at Life on Cut, thank you, We love you.
Speaker 6: Jamie. What a superstar.
Speaker 1: God she's good, isn't she doesn't It also make you think just speaking so much about social media being used in negative ways, but when it's used for good, God, it's.
Speaker 6: A powerful You hear those stories and he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't have Instagram.
Speaker 2: He just thought he was going down Buddings to get a sausage scissor.
Speaker 1: Oh guys, well, thank you so much for listening to the show that is from us. But we do have a very big week coming up. This week on the podcast, we have.
Speaker 2: One of our favorite comedy duos from America. They're a female comedy duo. They have a podcast called Girls Gotta Eat Now. They are a very very raw, unfiltered look at relationships and Danny they're like on steroids. They are so wild, but it is so fun. They are so funny, They're so great. So we have a really great episode dropping on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: You know, one thing that they are talking about on this app, which I just I think it's such an interesting conversation. It's around the topic of childless by choice. I think we hear so much about you know, women have to follow this very you know, get married, have kids and they are completely running their own race. And they talk about their decisions around being childless by choice.
Speaker 6: Great I Heeart Radio app on Tuesday, Right, you can get the life on Cutsha, You sure sure can.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to tell your mom, to your dad, tell you dog, tell your friends, and share the loved because we are.
Speaker 6: Back next week.
Speaker 1: See you guys, have you sending you the life on Cut Radio show with Hockley and Laura Ben
Speaker 6: Hear it in the catch up podcast on iHeartRadio.