Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms on Kit Flex and Frooms back for your daily podcast catch up. I almost wish it was seven days because sometimes on the weekend, I know, for me personally, I run out of content to consume on the weekend.
Speaker 2: So I've done all my daily potties. I've done them.
Speaker 1: There's nothing fresh coming out. I'm just rinsing and repeating, hoping TikTok showing something fresh, new and fun.
Speaker 2: And YouTube has been dry. I don't know. On YouTube, I am it's not much there, but.
Speaker 3: I've been listening to the same song unlock It, unlock it, better off alone.
Speaker 4: It's the mix of.
Speaker 2: Lock it, lock it, luck lock lock it.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's locked. The iPad, the bootleg iPad that Caita has given us has been shut.
Speaker 4: To room and stand on the floor.
Speaker 1: I told you that because of COVID, I got clumsy. Like you will notice that I'm constantly dropping things that's not me. It is though, Bixby Brain, Bixby Brain.
Speaker 2: I've done them.
Speaker 1: I've leveled up, got XP. This is a new breed of flex. She's I think it makes you feel more human. Actually it's like a software fault. Yes, you need an upgrade. I think I had it. I think this is like I'm creating parts of my identity that are endearing. Clumsiness, it's endearing, not just a robot.
Speaker 3: That's what you have, you believe anyway, let's get right to it. This is about an app. I've spread this up and now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not just that. It's the fact that.
Speaker 1: Cheating is so much more complex and complicated now that it's ever been.
Speaker 2: I'm imagining.
Speaker 1: I would think, let's say, fifty years ago, cheating was very commonplace and a bit more like routine in the sense that, like, you know, you had a mistress and everyone had one of those. It wasn't like this big secret and your wife knew what it was and she stayed around because you provided some kind of material comfort or physical comfort or support.
Speaker 2: That she required in that time.
Speaker 1: And now it's like, oh, you gotta get an app and it's encrypted and you gotta store your files like that's a job.
Speaker 3: We'd love to go back fifty years and be a man. Okay, yeah, get that side piece.
Speaker 2: I want to be a man.
Speaker 1: Actually I get the benefit, but it just feels like things aren't looking good for men in future.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I don't want to alienate our man audience.
Speaker 2: No, we're not ailen it.
Speaker 1: We're bringing them in, Okay, like we're going to suffer together. But I just think men are going to have it terribly.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a shame.
Speaker 2: Like I would hate to go to war, Troe.
Speaker 3: Actually they might need us as like women go to war, you know they And also you know those people that go to entertain the troops might have been to that, oh like back in the days. Yeah, Marilyn Monroe once went flex and for rooms.
Speaker 4: Tour.
Speaker 2: We're not getting into it too far anyway.
Speaker 1: So aside from men who men who cheat download app situation, We're also going to talk about the fact that I think we need to bring hot hobbies back expeditiously quickly.
Speaker 2: I feel like as the years.
Speaker 1: Have gone by, a lot of people have placed far less emphasis on a hobby and what that's meant to do for our self, for our sense of self and for self actualization. I'm talking Maslow's hierarchy of basic needs, food, shelter, safety, hobbies.
Speaker 4: Is it part of the five?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: But I think that if we on average spending so much of our time not even catering to the basic needs and going above and beyond to just like do jobs and stuff. If we just allocated an hour day to doing something for us by us that feels good, I literally think it will change our lives for the better.
Speaker 3: I think if hobbies quite like how I think of reading books. We've spoken about this analogy before. First few pages, absolutely disgusting, hating it. Then you get into it. That's kind of like what cultivating a hobby feels like to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like what am I doing? What I'm doing? Boom, you're obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: I love that. Well, let's get into it. Flex and frooms free me to have a hobby.
Speaker 4: No e.
Speaker 2: And it shows.
Speaker 4: The screen time is offensive.
Speaker 1: I think at one point a lot of chronically online people would like to think that their sewe usage is their hobby. Oh, you know, I'm using social media, I'm connecting with my friends, I use apps. No, there's something about a screen based hobby outside of potentially gaming that I don't feel like it is good enough. We're losing the ability to use our motor skills, our dexterity is off. The last time I tried to journal with a pen, I could have sworn after three sentences in and like my hands were seizing.
Speaker 2: I could not do it.
Speaker 1: But recently I was thinking about how like I'm a very crafty kind of girl. I'm always building things sew enclosed ceramics, pottery, but I have not done those things in two years one because it was difficult during COVID, I moved from a house to an apartment to all my power tools and my wood. You can't bring that stuff with you, and I'm not gonna be doing drilling, you know, during the week hours. You know what I'm saying. And I'm on demon time. You know, my awaking hours is ten am to four am.
Speaker 2: It's difficult.
Speaker 4: I can't even understand that.
Speaker 1: So I was thinking, how can I identify as a girl with hobbies when I've not done my hobbies in a little while. So I'm on a mission to bring hobbies back. I think too many of us have fallen off the wayside. And I'm talking books, I'm talking knitting.
Speaker 4: So his book's are hobby.
Speaker 1: Reading is absolutely a hobby, for sure, interesting you don't think so I feel like it's a low level hobby.
Speaker 3: Like when you say hobby, I'm thinking train sets. Oh, I'm thinking like jiu jitsu, things that are out of the box, things that you know, Oh, you've got a hobby that's interesting, Like when mental health what's it called advice is like, get a hobby, you know, find some meaning. I'm like, oh crap, I've got to like do taekwondo. I'm not thinking I've got to read them.
Speaker 1: You know, I did taekwondo when why did.
Speaker 2: You look flabbergastin?
Speaker 1: I am flabagastin from the ripe age of maybe.
Speaker 2: Ten to fourteen thirteen. I definitely.
Speaker 1: I definitely quit because it was taking up too much time on the weekends and I wanted to be cool.
Speaker 4: I just can't imagine. You know why I'm laughing.
Speaker 3: It's because like a month ago in Catera, when we had to do that dance segment, You're like, no, I'm not doing that. Interested absolutely stitched me up because I did do it all by myself. Yeah, so no, I can't imagine you're doing taekwondo.
Speaker 2: Well imagine it, because I have memories of it.
Speaker 1: I was like, I do not know how I was doing city kicks and all of these things, because like the thought of elevating my body even ten centimeters off the ground, I'm not doing it. The four from Grace is really rough, But I don't. I think those very extreme depictions of hobbies and I think that's setting you up for failure when you're like, I've got to learn how to do jiujitsu for it to count.
Speaker 2: I think a hobby is.
Speaker 1: More about ours involved and a specialization.
Speaker 3: Probably our flow time, like being completely absorbed by it in a way that doesn't benefit work, friends, or yeah, other things.
Speaker 2: That's a distinction. It can't be for some kind of capitalistic game, not for.
Speaker 1: Work, not for clout. It just needs to be for holistic self validation totally.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll take your roller blading one day. I want to see this girl.
Speaker 2: I feel so scared to fall as an adult.
Speaker 4: I kind of.
Speaker 3: It's not a good feeling enough Taekwondo chat, though you might need it after you listen to the next segment. Because we are talking about people who cheat using a very very sneaky program you can download from the app Store for both Android and app.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it an idea abolishing this app.
Speaker 1: We need to be doing petitions go fundme because this is next level stealthy and now people have time to cheat, let alone to download apps to facilitate the process.
Speaker 5: This is flex and frooms on Kita.
Speaker 2: I've got a question for you, answer it honestly and quickly. Red receipts on or off?
Speaker 4: Absolutely off.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna say on.
Speaker 3: Red receipts are the most psychotic. Sorry to use that word, but big one. It suits this. They're psychotic.
Speaker 1: For those of you who might not be sure what a red receipt is, this is specific to iPhones.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure. I'm not sure what Bixby culture is.
Speaker 1: Android culture is no offense, but it's that little bit of text underneath your blue message bubble that says red and the time that you read the message read at three point forty two. Scene delivered. Now, there is a very distinct group of people who keep these on for which purpose I don't know.
Speaker 3: They are boomers and the people that don't realize that they're on.
Speaker 4: There's no other one for people in that group.
Speaker 1: I want to take it to three boomers, people who don't realize, and somebody who's using them as a very specific tool in manipulation. Yeah, there is a various specific subset of people who keep them on in regards to dating and like trying to make somebody feel like they are busier than they are. So if I keep my red receipts on it says I've read it and I've not responded, then I must be busy and therefore eligible.
Speaker 4: Wow. Okay.
Speaker 1: I learned that the same time I learned that people had finsters and I'm online. I am very online, And I was like, so we all have private Instagram accounts?
Speaker 4: When did you figure that out?
Speaker 1: Too late? Maybe three four years ago? I was like, you all have these. I thought that people just had public Instagram accounts or private ones, not that people had two fully functioning Instagram accounts. One's purpose was to I don't know whether it's to stop people to ship post to have a less curated image. I just thought it was too much effort for the average person, especially when your public account has three hundred followers.
Speaker 3: It just shows not believing what you're posting is necessarily proper for a larger audience. You're trying to people please, you don't want to. Yeah, It's like when people get afraid of like shit posting, They're like, oh no, like people are gonna unfollow me, just post it.
Speaker 1: So with that kind of mentality, put your red receipts on. You won't you won't?
Speaker 2: Why won't you?
Speaker 3: I don't like the idea of people thinking that I'm I like to play cool. I want them to not know it or where I am, because if I take it the other way, I'm like, if you think I'm going to read everything straight away, so you're going to think I'm always with my phone, which suggests I'm not busy.
Speaker 2: Aren't you always with your phone?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I am?
Speaker 2: Are you busy?
Speaker 4: Not really? But I need to create an illusion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, there's no reason why I can't keep mine on. I do screen text anyway, but I just don't read them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For me, I think texting is not necessarily like the most appropriate channel for timely communication. I see a bunch of texts, I'm like, it's not the right time for me, so they just get unread.
Speaker 4: So what's a timely way?
Speaker 2: It depends what it is.
Speaker 1: If it's not a timely message, like hey are you running late to radio? That's timely, I'm gonna answer straight away. If it's just a TikTok or a meme or a we should get our belly buttons pierced in six weeks then I'll get to it in a couple of days.
Speaker 2: It's not urgent.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: I agree with that. That's how I live my life as well. Par Are you gonna change us to read red?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not? Yeah, crazy even my do as I say, not as I.
Speaker 5: Do Era flick and frooms.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be a big question, but I just want you to say yes or no, Okay, I can do that. Have you ever considered cheating on your partner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't do it.
Speaker 4: Incriminating.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think about a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: I think about what would happen if I opened up my house door and there was a vampire there who was like, leave your friends, leave your family, come be my vampire bride.
Speaker 2: Like I thought about it.
Speaker 5: I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: I think about a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: Nice way to segue yourself out of impending our character assassination, because.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing to think about.
Speaker 1: Is it a bad thing if you think about it and never act on it, or is it just a thought?
Speaker 3: We have a bunch of intrusive thoughts. We should be allowed to just have thoughts. Yeah, though the Internet would suggest otherwise. Literally, there is a calculator app so you know on your phone, you've got a regular calculator. Yeap, Apparently there's another app that looks like a calculator and it's actually a little almost like encrypted style app. Then people used to store secret files. So basically there's this TikTok that I came across to this.
Speaker 4: If you're dating a guy and you go into his phone and you type in the word calculator, and he has.
Speaker 5: Two calculator apps.
Speaker 4: Cheating one because one of them is a secret photo album for news.
Speaker 2: Why can't we even just dating anyone? Sorry? Why can't we be just dating anyone? Not dating a guy? People cheat?
Speaker 4: People cheat. It's very sexist.
Speaker 2: Not me defending men.
Speaker 4: Not all men do, not all men.
Speaker 3: So apparently the secret photo calculator app hides photos.
Speaker 4: On an iPhone.
Speaker 3: This is how it works. You open the calculator app. Once inside, it looks like a normal calculator. You can do subtraction, division, other mathematical functions.
Speaker 2: With the app. Oh, so it's functional.
Speaker 3: To access the hidden files, you need to enter the numeric codes and it ends with a percentage sign, which is kind of something your child might set up when they first install the app. Oh, this is telling you about how to look if your child's doing its Apparently children news it as well teenagers, I should clarify. You can also use your fingerprint scan to unlock the files. You can look at the files essentially there can be numerous types of media jpeg, gif four and then to transfer the files from your gallery to the app, you just need to open the Calculator app and Dragon got the.
Speaker 2: Play by play Who side are you on?
Speaker 1: I'm getting a cheap But if you want to yell at the app on the Ice store, then numerical code with trying to stop.
Speaker 4: There you seeing that I'm.
Speaker 3: Reading It also says if your child upgrades to the premium feature, they can store the photos in a cloud. But basically once you transfer them from the iPhone camera roll into the app, they disappear from the camera roll.
Speaker 4: That's quite good.
Speaker 2: This is a great app. Sheolve hands who's used the app before?
Speaker 4: We are amongst the company of men here in the studio.
Speaker 1: We are test the phones. We have got a man's phone. This feels honestly illegal. In some case I will say this is a fresh iPhone Sands case.
Speaker 3: This man has no case as the original button which we love.
Speaker 4: A humble King.
Speaker 3: It's got a button. Yeah, oh my god, I'm trying to get out of it. You gotta press the button. Okay, we're gonna type in calculator. Calculator Yep.
Speaker 4: Cute, just one, just one, just one. Shame I like to hear that about you, Louis.
Speaker 1: This reminds me of that Instagram page that went viral called Puppy Melons, and every photo or every post is a carousel. The first picture is a puppy and the rest of the pictures of women with big, big melons melons generally, So the whole idea is, these guys would you know, find their fix of looking at scantily clad women by you know, subscribing to this account.
Speaker 2: It's actually quite genius if you think about it.
Speaker 4: Tell us your.
Speaker 2: Thoughts for me, I'm intrigued.
Speaker 3: So following on from the Calculator app, this creates a bigger question around what you do when you're in a relationship that you'd rather your partner not see. This app really feeds into that kind of idea. Other things that people do that they'd rather their partner not see they can't help is like looking at titty pictures on Instagram. Personally, I would find it weird if my partner had an Instagram and was liking pictures of the opposite sex were highly sexual. Oh really, yeah, I get it if they're friends. If they're friends with your friends, are the very hot person that puts thirsty pigs go off?
Speaker 2: See? Okay, please elaborate.
Speaker 1: So what do you not like about your partner liking images of hot people doing hot things that they don't know?
Speaker 2: What is going through your mind?
Speaker 3: Then a few things. Firstly, I'm thinking, what's the point of this? Look, what are you getting out of this? Just look at it. There's a save function for a reason.
Speaker 4: There's no need for you to be liking this emails.
Speaker 1: Well, so you don't like the public declaration that I have liked this picture?
Speaker 2: Yes, so you don't mind they do like it. You just don't want any evidence that they've liked.
Speaker 3: It, exactly right. So I'm happy for you to have a saved folder. Name it whatever you want.
Speaker 4: Titties, bum picks.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a filing system.
Speaker 4: We'll see goss.
Speaker 3: But the idea of them liking it I would find like almost humiliating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, liked by frooms's boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Literally, Yeah, you can get receipts to that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you feel? How do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: I just don't care, really, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: That's just when you say these things, I'm like, do you have a heart.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I actually care about and what the Internet makes me think I care about. And this idea of like when you partner with someone, you're meant to pretend that attractive people don't exist and that you don't see them, I find is really confusing and stifling that I feel like does the opposite thing, where you draw too much attention to the fact.
Speaker 2: So like, I think a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Overcorrect and they start like pointing out hot people for their partner to ogul calm down. But the idea of you tapping on a stranger's image that is hot, I don't care. If I felt funny about one of them, it'd be the closer friend one, Oh yeah, because if I had any insecurity, it wouldn't be in the hypothetical, would be in the reality. So like, if I had met one of your friends who I thought was like suss on you, and now like there's some seductive things happening on the internet.
Speaker 2: I can tell my mind stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the grand skame of things, I don't care because I just know a lot of what happens on the Internet is just habitual stuff. Like I know a lot of people don't like when their significant other users read it because there's porn on the Reddit and like exlessit stuff that's just what's.
Speaker 2: On the internet. Like, I don't get what the issue is, and I.
Speaker 1: Think it's more about how what they're consuming affects their behavior towards you and other people. Yeah, let's talk about it, but just isolated. Like my partner has read it. My partner likes bikini photos.
Speaker 4: Okay, hmm.
Speaker 3: I think you're making an interesting point about the idea that when you're in a relationship you have to pretend that other people unattractive. I like that you want to subvert that, but I think most people can't wrap.
Speaker 4: Their head around that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I don't know how to get people to agree with that because I really like that idea.
Speaker 2: Just only date.
Speaker 1: People who are obsessed with you, and you don't feel insecure about things that like counter that because in my reality, I'm like that has nothing to do with me. It The equivalent is like if I dated someone who was like you talking about Edward Cullen really makes feel insecure. I'm like, he's imaginary, she's imaginary. Like it's the same thing to me. That's how nonsensical it sounds.
Speaker 3: Ah okay, So you don't even think you think if the if your partner doesn't know this person that they'reking on the internet, essentially they are made up.
Speaker 2: Its imaginary.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: It's like the other day when we were doing the he's a seven bit he drives a Keyundai thirty Premium.
Speaker 2: Which makes him a seven. Oh nice.
Speaker 3: We got this blowback in the comments by this person being like it was actually a few wom and being like footy players almost just lost their jobs for doing this, Like what to.
Speaker 1: Do with me?
Speaker 5: This is flex and frooms on flex.
Speaker 3: See I know that you've only recently dabbled in drinking alcohol.
Speaker 2: Yes, when it is started.
Speaker 1: Look, I have averaged about three drinks a year since nineteen and I would order an amorrita sour or I would be that person at the bar who's like, can I get sort of like fruity? I like something sour and they're like a lemon. No, I'm more of a lying person.
Speaker 2: Do you like use it? Maybe? How do you feel that cherries? I don't know, so annoying.
Speaker 3: Well, you are on the list of people that bartenders don't really like.
Speaker 2: I have this on good authorities.
Speaker 3: That there are certain drinks that say a lot about the person who is ordering them. I've been thinking about this a lot lately because I went to a restaurant a few weeks ago, sat down.
Speaker 2: Name and shame or no, nah, name and praise.
Speaker 4: Name Nah, not even middle ground.
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite restaurants, but this experience I wasn't totally stoked on.
Speaker 4: Just the service wasn't really hitting this time.
Speaker 2: And we did discuss this thing about service, and.
Speaker 3: I'm a Karen when it comes to service. Basically, they gave me a drink. It was cream, but it was also sour and it was just awful. I couldn't finish it, which is big for me because I was like a cocktail. It was a cocktail, right, could you describe the ingredient?
Speaker 4: It's a bit better cream alcohol lemon?
Speaker 2: What like a peanut collida?
Speaker 3: Nah? It was like all the cream was on the top, like a cloud. It was like it was like a spider ok for adults, but in the worst way possible. But yes, apparently what you order at the bar says a lot about you. So for example, some people will buy loads of expensive shots went out in groups and they buy the really expensive one, and that's because they want to look flash in front of their friends.
Speaker 4: Of course, that seems obvious.
Speaker 3: Friends don't let friends date vodka soda girls. Basic girls always order them. So apparently vodka soda is basic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but isn't it basic in like a really functional way as well? Like you don't want to, you know, up your caloric intake. You don't want to be having sugar sugar soda, soda soda for eight hours, so you just do the vod Ca soda.
Speaker 2: That feels really practical to me.
Speaker 3: I do think most basic people that I know, it's their drink of choice. There's not much joy in a Vodkasta. Let's be honest. It's petrol, not.
Speaker 2: It's gasoline.
Speaker 4: It's gasoline.
Speaker 3: And apparently that can bring out the demon when you order spirits, and also if.
Speaker 2: You're hold on it can bring out the demon. Yeah, huh.
Speaker 3: You know, some people like drink a spirit and it brings out a demon. Straight vodka, another one's absinthe demon juice.
Speaker 2: This is why we need to bring back religion.
Speaker 3: Anything does what absinthe also brings out your demon. Apparently if people order shots of absinthe, trouble makers in the venue, naughty naughty not And then Rum suggests frat boy, which I'm totally on board with.
Speaker 1: I feel like Drum sounds cultured to me. Nah, people, but drink party culture. What is the most favorable drink that somebody can order them because all of these sound terrible, Like if you want any kind of alcoholic beverage, you must be a loser, is what this listicle is saying. From your personal experience, what is the best drink, best alcoholic drink someone can order?
Speaker 3: I would say as someone who has no experience working in a bar, But if I'm using my brain, I would say a housewine because the bartenders make most money.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about alcohol, and I'm like, no, no, it's great signaling anything.
Speaker 4: Cheap for me, cheap for the venue. Just pour it. We're all good to go. Yeah, okay, well, thank you for sharing my absolute pleasure.
Speaker 5: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 1: You know how the other week we were talking about the most popular baby names in Australia. I think we said it was Charlotte Olivia. I think that we squeezed in Olivia, such her sister's name. I don't think that was one Alas. I was doing some research and found out there are things called forbidden names, juicy names that you are allowed or not allowed to call your children, forbidden, lawless. Anyway, in Saudi Arabia, you cannot call your child Alice, Elaine, Sandy, Maya, Lauren or Linda. Do you know why they're part of the fifty baby names that have been banned for being too foreign, blasphemous, inappropriate or evoke royalty.
Speaker 2: How incredible is that?
Speaker 4: What does evoke royalty mean?
Speaker 1: Well, because I know, like some people might name their kids synonyms of prince or king, Like I have nephews and nieces and family friends called prince or called princess, and they're like, nah, you can't do that because it's a title and also a name too confusing. And I also think they're going above and beyond to preserve culture, to make sure that like cultural names are still being used and prioritized within the country.
Speaker 4: Fantastic. Yeah, a Sandy in Saudi Arabia, what is she doing?
Speaker 1: But the important thing is if you are a Sandy or Linda or a Lauren, you can go to Saudi Arabia, you can plant seeds there, but you cannot name a newborn these things. So I have a whole list of other countries and we'll get to it as the weeks go by.
Speaker 2: It's very juicy.
Speaker 4: So these other countries that do it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, band names in New Zealand, Poland.
Speaker 4: Yes, just over the Gulf. That is wilding.
Speaker 3: Well, stick around, flicks because up next we or not even up next, just later in the show.
Speaker 4: Very excited by this break.
Speaker 3: As you can tell, we're going to be talking about an app that some men and women use to store material that proves that they've been cheating.
Speaker 1: Because in twenty twenty two, cheating shouldn't be just as simple as adultery. You need to add layers, you need to add flair, you need to add theater.
Speaker 4: This is theater manifest.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to the Flex and Rooms catch Up podcast. For more, tune in to Kata on DAB or check it out right here on iHeartRadio.