Speaker 1: Welcome back to TV Reload. This is my seventh bonus episode featuring a quick chat with I'm a celebrity's latest dejectee, ex goggle Box and reality star Adam Denston. We first met this young man as he was a part of the original goggle Box cast, quickly becoming a household favorite. It was his quick wit and friendship with his best mate Simon that has made him one of the most relatable television stars in the last six years. You can't help but listen to him when he talks, and you always want to know what he will say next. The boys certainly have a love of sport and hopefully we will see him and Simon look at bringing those talents to a footy show on Foxtel. Personally, I highly doubt we've seen the last of him, but for right now, I'd like to welcome to the show Adam Denston.
Speaker 2: Mate. I could never say that I was sad to see Simon go first, because that meant that I was still in this Now they are famous for being watched watching TV Mate, I would have happily stayed in there for about another two or three months. How weird a fingernails though, or nails in general, a lot of laughter that goes along in the group message. It's like another celebrities alright, it's a funny little family that we found ourselves apart.
Speaker 3: Her key Colle.
Speaker 2: Hopefully the last image of us is not being punted into a pond.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Adam, you are no longer in the jungle and no longer sleeping with snakes and spiders.
Speaker 3: How was the experience for you?
Speaker 2: I loved every second of it made I would have happily stayed in there for about another two or three months, I reckon as long as it involved like a visit from my partner rage. If she could have come in for a day and then gone, that's okay. I would have happily stayed there for another few months. I loved it. It was Yeah, it was brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sleeping in a bed with Rachel does sound a little bit more and more normal than sleeping with snakes and spiders.
Speaker 2: Hey. Definitely the video that they showed during the show of the nighttime critters that were running around and then seeing the rat that went into the one pot that we cooked from. I had no idea that that happened. So I'm now thinking about washing my pots before I use them, as well as after.
Speaker 3: It's a good idea.
Speaker 1: You know, were you sad to see Simon go first? And did he deserve it?
Speaker 2: Mate? I could never say that I was sad to see Simon go first, because that meant that I was still in there. So we had a chat about it last night, and he knows it's almost better that I never bring it up to him that I lasted longer than him, because he just knows that it's sort of simmering there under the surface, and that's always a bit of a golden bult that if I ever need it, that that's just a very that's almost too easy for me.
Speaker 1: That's your go to from now on. You know, if you lose a bet, oh well that's okay. I beat you in the jungle.
Speaker 2: Exactly right now. I just need to make sure that we never go on a reality show together that gives him a chance to even the ledger.
Speaker 1: A lot has been said in the media regarding your first day in camp. I guess you guys kind of talked about it on the show about the reaction that you've got from the other celebrities, But was it as big a deal as what has now been made of it.
Speaker 2: I think storm in a tea cup. It's probably a hurricane and the tea up more than anything. We watching it back, especially and seeing the everything in context that we're coming in. It was thirty five degrees eighty percent humidity. We're covered in fish guts and off all. They just lost jack, they're tired, they're hungry. You pull those together, and I probably wouldn't want to hug me if I walked in like that either. Even as an example, when we're walking to camp, you get sort of escorted there by security to make sure you're going the right way, and the security guards had to walk up wind from us because they couldn't walk behind us. We stunk that bad. Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know who seemed miffed the most. It did certainly seem like it was a tie between Tony Parrin and Pauline.
Speaker 2: Maybe Paulini might have been just a little bit annoyed because we interrupted her afternoon nap more than anything else. But yeah, Tony and Simon became quite close towards the end, so that flipped around pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, absolutely. And you guys, do you have like a WhatsApp group now? That you can kind of debrief. Like I'm imagining all the celebs are now able to sort of text and dispel different rumors all in a group chat.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of laughter that goes along in the group message. Everyone just sort of points something out and laughs at everyone for whatever they have done. But it's one of the most supportive places made. It's more supportive than most people's actual close friendship group all their family, Like everybody really genuinely got close and loves each other. So it's quite a it's a funny little family that we found ourselves a part of, even though we turned up a little bit late. We're just like the cousins that turned up late to the family reunion. Oh are you guys not?
Speaker 1: Jesus, what's one of the rumors that you've all discussed that's just completely false. There's got to be something where you guys are like, where did that come from?
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe it's the frosty reception that like the in heavy quotation marks frosty reception that we were given that everybody just couldn't believe the big deal that was made out of it because it really wasn't much at all, Like everybody really very much. I feel like to think that everybody liked us in the end, but I think that's probably the biggest one, is that there's just a lot of laughter and sort of shock, and people just don't believe how much clickbait and stuff goes around out there.
Speaker 3: That's a popular show. People are like clicking on all the articles.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was news headlines every day, which hasn't always happened from a celebrity, So, you know, I think it's just the general public interest. Now you've goggle box this show before, how scared were you that you'd said something horrific about doctor Chris Brown or Julia Morris.
Speaker 2: Well, most of the time we say that Chris Brown is just too good looking for TV. So the concern for us for him was that he would be a little bit suspect of us because we complimented him too much. And also because Chris Brown is massive. Chris Brown is like one hundred and ninety six centimeters. He's like six foot five. He's got a massive head, but he's got a massive body to match the massive head. So he's genuinely cut from stone human being. So if Chris Brown wanted to squash me. I'm sure he could do it very very quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, avoid doing that.
Speaker 2: But they actually, and I say this incredibly sincerely, they are even funnier in real life. They are so lovely, so supportive, and they also genuinely enjoy each other's time, which you can really tell when the cameras aren't rolling as well.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, you know. Abby even said that she joked about searching on Google Adam and Simon Bachelor twenty nineteen to see if you guys had said anything bad about her, which was hilarious.
Speaker 3: Did you get caught out on anything there?
Speaker 2: Well? I did. Actually after we left, I went back and had a look to see if we had said anything about Abby, And the bit that we saw was when she got left on the rock and Simon and I just started yelling and screaming, being like, that's good TV. That's good TV. So we're pretty safe in that front. Colin had confronted us in the past already, because we ran into Colin when we crashed the logis about five years ago or so, and he said, I've heard about what you said about me on TV, and if you say anything more bad, I'll burn your house down. And then had a good laugh about that, so we became quite close with Colin, so he's he's an absolute ripping blow. But I think we're safe. The concerning thing was that we'd had five years and ten seasons worth of saying things about people on TV. But we don't remember what we've said over five years and ten seasons, but they might only remember one line. But I think we're pretty safe. I think we were Okay.
Speaker 1: How many times have you boys been approached to do this show? I mean, you guys have been on the rumor mill, like every year the magazines come out and speculate who's going in. It's your two names there every time. You know, had they been approaching you every year?
Speaker 2: Maybe we're the ones leaking it to the media to just keep our names in the fold. But we actually approached them, so we were We sort of asked. We had a chat to a few people at ten and said, oh, we saw some things that are coming up next year and wanted to do some things. And they said, how would you like to go to the jungle and we said one hundred percent yes. I think so. Simon as a little inside knowledge, Simon is the worst reply to any message in the world so much so that we have two streams. So we have an I Message stream for friend chat, and then we have a WhatsApp stream for work chat. And if he gets a WhatsApp he knows he needs to reply to it. And he replied to the WhatsApp saying do you want to go to the jungle within forty seconds? Normally it would take him a few hours. And he was like, yes, We're We're in. We're in. So we didn't even think twice about it. Mate, I would do it again if they want to have us again next year, mate, put me in.
Speaker 1: Adam said that you guys lied to a lot of people about your jungle experience. Did anyone get close to cracking the mystery when you guys went missing for a month in November.
Speaker 2: I think a few people got close. They were very suspect. I mean a lot of our friends, to be honest, A lot of our close friends don't watch TV at all, so they have probably never seen an episode of the show as it was, and they only have watched I've actually had some of my closest friends, so one of the groomsmen in my bridal party to be watched the first episode of us going in and then he said that was too much for me. I'm not watching it again, and so made a lot of our friends aren't interested enough in the show to even care where we've gone away for four weats.
Speaker 1: Have the producers of goggle Box called you up and said that they miss you guys, Like, is there an open door for you guys to return to goggle Box considering that you do have such a large popularity.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. You'd probably have to ask them. We're still friends with a couple of the producers and they're really really lovely people. They're as much friends as they are colleagues. And the show is I mean, the show is probably getting bigger and better without us, Mate, we are it's probably too big for us now. They probably don't need us anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the door would be still open if you could make a suggestion, maybe for you know, a suggestion to some of the producers about who you'd like to see next in the Jungle from goggle Box.
Speaker 3: Who would that be?
Speaker 2: I mean it has to be I mean it has to be Lean Keith, doesn't it Lean Keith in the Jungle would be brilliant, mate, any one of them I mean, obviously, Jad from Maddie, Sarah and Chad is a guy who needs a thousand wet wipes on a regular day. And to put you around with snakes and spiders, bugs would almost be too much for the laser cut facial hair of him. I don't know how we go without a haircut for more than a week.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't be looking good.
Speaker 1: You know. There was some pretty interesting conflicts in the show. We had Rice Gate, we had Tower Gate. They all involved Dipper. Was he the most difficult cast member in there? Or was it just that he found himself in these troubles accidentally?
Speaker 2: Mate, Dip is the big alpha of the group. Dip was the big silver back that walks around. So whenever there's anything happening, Dippers involved. Mate, If you had to tell me the nineteen eighty nine Premiership Grand Final playing a Dippy a Dominico, what I mean doing the wop dance in here, no chance at all, but there he was bang bang bang. Look his bed as well. I don't know whether the TV does justice to what the campsite was like, but it's like an amphitheater, like a big coliseum, and Dipper's bed was in the middle runk, So there was Jess was up in the penthouse up high, and then there was the corners where everybody else was. But Dipper was smacked bang in the middle. So if anything was happening, Dipper was always involved. And hence why he became the judge, the very corrupt judge of Towergate, because he was right there in his robe at.
Speaker 1: The time, and he's always starting the fires but putting them out exactly.
Speaker 2: Right mate, as maybe arsonists might be a little bit too far to go for him. But if Dipper was setting the spark light and then he was the one that was following up with the hose and taking credit for putting.
Speaker 3: It out as well, it made great television.
Speaker 1: I thought it was so funny to watch, you know, with COVID making this series quite different. I've asked this question to everybody. Had the format involved a nominations process instead of this quite fair way of eliminating the contestants, if you had to give one point to save and one point to evict out of all of your celebrity camp mates, who would those points go to?
Speaker 2: At one point to say, it goes to Colin because you need to eat one hundred percent you need to eat. If anyone wants to butcher a duck, the only person I would back in there to butcher a duck would be Colin. It wouldn't be certainly wouldn't be Ash. Ash was learning how to boil rice in the camp, so he was starting from a pretty low base. And then my one point to a victim mate, it goes to Simon because I need to stay in there longer than him. It's all about self survival.
Speaker 1: Now, you know, the public is going to vote and it is their choice to see who wins. We have seven people still left in the show. Finale is tomorrow night. Who is your Who's your pick? Who are you taking to sports Bet?
Speaker 2: Well? I think if mate, if I'm putting my house on anyone, it's Grant Enya because he has already won a national popularity contest and he's opened himself up. He's told a lot of vulnerable stories and Grant Danya is the ultimate professional he is, He's the performer. He knows exactly what's going on. So I'll be shocked if Grant doesn't win. I reckon Jess will come second. But I still would love to see my mate Colin take it out. It'd be nice. Back to back chefs is always good. But Colin and I became quite close because our beds were so close to each other, that right next to each other, and we spent a lot of time lying on there and just talking about life and talking about our histories and things like that. And then one of mine during memories is just us giving and our use quotation that marks again, but the encouragement to people during the dymnasium exercise class of us just lying there and saying we're all in this together. Teamwork makes the dream work and encouraging everyone.
Speaker 1: Well, you're a fantastic person to watch you as such a great contributor to the show. Hopefully Foxtail will pick up that footy show because there's a lot of people out there. Very sad it didn't happen that COVID swallowed it, but hopefully we'll get.
Speaker 3: To see that on ice screens in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Thanks mate. Yeah, hopefully there's plenty more stuff in the future for us. We're certainly keen to hustle down and work and appear again on some screens and some radios and wherever else in our podcast and whatever else. We do. Hopefully there's a little bit more to come and it's certainly not the last year. Hopefully the last image of us is not being punted into a pond. Hopefully we can come back and.
Speaker 1: Do something out there. Definitely wanting it. I want the socks. Can you still buy your socks?
Speaker 2: Mate? I do you want someone? I've got a I literally would have a hundred years If you want someone else, mate, I've got a couple of bears. Send me through your address.
Speaker 1: And I'm amazing, amazing, I love, I love asking for free shit.
Speaker 2: Mate, free freeze just the right.
Speaker 1: Price if you ask, absolutely all right, Thanks so much for your time, mate
Speaker 2: Thanks mate, see you later.