Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcast playlist and listen live on the Free I Heart.
Speaker 2: App Got anything, gag Hey?
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into this week. Double thumbs up. This is where we go around the team. We share the things we're into at the moment, maybe a TV show, a movie, a book, and you can share yours as well. What are you enjoying at the moment? Share it with us four seventy five three one oh four three. Patsy, what are you enjoying?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm into from now. This is on Stan and it's the fifth and final season. When my husband and I stumbled across this when we were surfing what to watch one night, he stopped on this thing. It is cy Phi horror and it is not my job known as psi Phi horror horror. Yes, sci fi horror. And I said to Chris, oh no, I don't think I'd like this. This is isn't my genre genre and he said, give it a go. And I I love this thing and I've been hanging out for this fifth season. So it's about a town in Middle America where people get trapped, they can't get out, and it's by the same producers as Lost, and what it's been all these scenarios.
Speaker 4: You don't know what are they doing there? Why can't they get out?
Speaker 2: With all these loose ends, and it's finally starting to unravel.
Speaker 1: And I guess also for you and Chris, it probably hits quite close to home, living way out way, Oh why can't they get out? Why can't they get over that bridge?
Speaker 5: Is it aliens? We're just stuck.
Speaker 1: Don't say to pass his face that that's how we say off.
Speaker 4: But it's weird.
Speaker 2: It's like they're getting there's like all these theories I have, they're getting reincarnated, and there's certain residents in the town that have been there before and they haven't done it right before.
Speaker 4: It's like they have to get it right to be free out of the game.
Speaker 1: Those shows always come around every couple of years, and they're great. There was a brilliant one about five or eight years ago called Leftovers that was outstanding. Oh my god, just so good. I loved Lost as well. I stuck with Loss all the way through the bitter end, the bitter end. I remember interviewing the show runners who then went on to do many great things as well, and they said it was they just didn't know it was going to come over five seas. They had no idea. And also, you put it together a pitch the first episode, you film it, then it gets in order for a season, you don't know whether there's gonna be two three. They didn't know it was going to be such big demand around the world, and so they said they just ran out of road for it. Now literally were making stuff up, and we're like, yeah, we saw that. And that whole pogetry thing in season five was like, oh, come on, there in God's waiting room.
Speaker 4: This is what I'm worried about with this.
Speaker 1: Right as soon as you said season five seasons they're in God's waiting room.
Speaker 2: They better not let me down because I've invested myself even more than I did in Lost in this and I reckon it's going to be good. And who the hell is the guy in the yellow suit? I need to find out. Have a look at it.
Speaker 6: Cash Man from on Stand And also just honorable mention quickly, if you need a movie this weekend lots out at the moment, do have a look at Michael biggest biopic opening ever across the globe two hundred and seventeen point four million dollars.
Speaker 4: And there's a reason why. Two parts. First part now, second part I believe will drop next year.
Speaker 1: Oh is that what they've done? Yes, I'm not surprised. It's such a oh hang on, So the second part.
Speaker 5: I'm interested nally, Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Because the one big thing that everyone's saying, oh you just curiously pause it right here, right on the cusp of all correct.
Speaker 2: The other thing, that one thing, I would say, we know what happened, we know the stories and the court cases and everything, go in. Just focus on his talent for this one, Okay, just focus on the phenomena.
Speaker 1: Bit of a request because the stories and stuff that are pretty fine.
Speaker 4: But I know, I know that.
Speaker 1: Just think about the moonwalking. Look, think about the sleepovers with young lads. Stop next year, how about that moon more? For get the monkey move in.
Speaker 4: Jafar, his nephew is absolutely incredible.
Speaker 1: Christian Color show podcast things I'm into this week as a stand up obsessive. I'm really enjoying Kevin Hart's new show. It's a stand up competition or Netflix the winner. They're all unknown comics but they've been doing it for five to ten years and some are semi pro, some a little bit further down the line, but they are all unknown. And they're going around LA New York, Chicago, Boston, big cities, and the winner against a Netflix special, change and so and each city he's in, he's getting famous comedians to come and be part of the guest panel, like Tom Segura as well. And so these comics, there's about ten in each heat. In each city they get five minutes. And it's interesting seeing with stand up there's like different archetypes often of like the nerd, you know, there's the middle aged guy, and you can plot the different ones. But just seeing how hard it is in five minutes to get your voice over, who you are, how confident you are, how you start strong, and how you are en strong in five minutes. Who does it? Who kind of does it? Who stacks are landing under huge pressure? You know that if you go through, you could be getting a Netflix special, but that's the job, you know. And and it was Kevin Hart. He's got such an energy. He's such a twinkly little guy, isn't he And he's brilliant. He's kind of with all these kids as well. He knows what it's like. But it's fascinating, really really interesting. It's called Funny af it's really you'd find it an interesting team. Actually, he's very very good. Uh. The other one that I'm really enjoying. I never ready got into Ship's Creek, which put me and outside of my family because my wife and daughters love that so much. And I love you, Gene. I love dans Son as well. His son is in a new show. Dan Leavy is starring in his own show he's created, called Big Mistakes. It is outstanding. Oh my god, it's really really laugh out loud funny. Oh my god, it's hysterical. It's if I describe it, it'll give too much a work. You'll get it the first ten or fifteen minutes. And if I said it now you go. I'm not sure about that. It's good, Okay, very very very good. It's just what you need right now, a crazy distraction from the crazy world around us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we burned through that, loved it.
Speaker 1: It's good. Is it?
Speaker 5: It's brilliant.
Speaker 1: The woman, the girl who's in it with him, his sister, she's going to she's going to go on a big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got beautiful screen presence, hasn't she? Yes, yeah, he's really funny, funny.
Speaker 1: And who is who plays there? Mum? You know when you go she? What have we seeing her?
Speaker 4: She's been in so many things on Roseenne? Oh god, she played Roseenne's sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it, isn't that? She's been around for years? She's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was Jackie on the show that's not on this show, but on Roseenne. But yes, she's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Does it stay good? Patsy? I'm too it?
Speaker 4: Does it gets better?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We love Passy. Just just bang the microphone twice? Did they dig it? Did they dig her up?
Speaker 4: I'm not letting anything.
Speaker 5: I want to watch it now.
Speaker 1: So good. I cannot recommend enough Rio. What are you enjoying? By the way, due to a technical problem last week, we never got the name of that chess TV show that I need.
Speaker 5: To talk about, the Chess Okay, the Chess show is un toped?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Is that the time?
Speaker 3: Bloody Hells Christian Color Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning to Glenn Weber Christian. I have to recommend the new four part Malcolm in the Middle reboot. It's brilliant. Brian Cranston is phenomenal. Brian Cranston is one of his acts, same as Allison Ford, somehow getting even better than their already all time greats uh and Brian Kraston. This reboot is actually brilliant. Frankie Muonez is in it as well. He's supposed to be outstanding still in it as well, even better than when he was originally doing it when he was a kid.
Speaker 5: I used to love Mountain in the Middle.
Speaker 1: The reboot I didn't know the worst one, Yes, yeah, I heard about. Christian is a must watcher fans of the original. Yeah, I cannot recommend as well. If you if you loved there was a great medical drama Scrubs. I used to love Scrubs. Really good show Bill Lawrence is now the show of liked some of the best TV shows. Ted Lasso shrinking this new one Roostaurant watching as well. He's rebooted it and they're all back in its z acts back. It's really good. It shouldn't be as good as it is, but it is.
Speaker 4: The new Ted Lesso coming as well.
Speaker 1: I saw the trailer saw the trailer this week and I kind of thought the way they ended it. It was like a proper end, and there were so many people leaving and changing. It was like they all they ended it well. So I wasn't sure how I felt, But the until I watched the trailer, I was Ar'm back for that. Christian really enjoyed. I know you've been talking about the last couple of years. I finally got around to watching Shrinking. I just finished there, the most recent season. Yeah, that Aunt Harrison Ford storyline at the end is so moving. Have you seen the Netflix part three series three part series, Arnold, I haven't, Christian Frank here, what was the name of the TV show pats was talking about? It sounds like the kind of thing we'd like, Patsy the name of it again?
Speaker 4: From on Stan?
Speaker 1: Now Rio, what is the chess TV shows?
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you, It's called I'm told it's Chess Mates, which is the story of it happen a couple of years ago. You've got Magnus Carlson, the greatest ever chess player to ever ever play in it.
Speaker 1: He's better than like kasprov because years ago it was all Gary Kasproov and he took on the IBM blew the computer back in the day.
Speaker 5: No one has been as dominant as Magnus Carlson. He's completely untouchable.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a similar to the World's Strongest Man. They're all called Magnus Carlson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're all from Norway or and so he's this, you know, genius, savant, untouchable chess legend. And then there's this up and comer, Hans Nieman, a brash young American who streams. He posts on Twitch. He's very loud, he's arrogant, he's brash, but he's not particularly very good.
Speaker 1: Says to me heated rivals under a chessboard.
Speaker 5: Well, it's funny you say that. Actually, episode four, there's a huge They finally face each other in a match not over the computer, in person, and Hans, the young American, beats Magnus, which is thought to be almost mathematically impossible. He beats him in this crazy match. Magnus accuses him of cheating. Oh now, I can't tell you, becase would you cheat.
Speaker 1: It because it's there's cameras everywhere.
Speaker 5: Yes, and you know all you're doing is moving, you know, pieces around a board. I won't I won't say how now, I mean I will see that I won't say how he's accused of cheating here because it's quite experience.
Speaker 1: It's not like taking performance enhancing drugs, is he No? It is more I'm like, how could you cheat and chess? We all see the pieces. That's they're stopping that little clock all the time. That's the big fascinating question.
Speaker 5: Possible. How do I say this using products that you would use in an adult setting loop No moretronic.
Speaker 1: Product what to.
Speaker 5: Stay awake and concentrate, Yeah, to send signals to do so, moves that might.
Speaker 3: Be what.
Speaker 1: Now you're sexy and sell chest pieces sexy? Well they might look like the night or castle, Yes, exactly. So it's a very different board game product.
Speaker 5: That's how he's accused of cheating, and it blows up into this hole. Say there's a whole investigation into it, he gets banned. I won't see how it ends, because you want to know was he cheating?
Speaker 1: Was he not? Wash over the weekend? What a wild story? I remember music. There were two great rifles. It was cast off for somebody else, and they turned out that they were kicking each other under the table and the shins to put each other off, And then they had to have a giant thick board between them so they wouldn't kick each other. There's always been this crazy rivalry between you think, just at this game of like you know, scientists almost because it's so scientific. Yeah, they used to have this giant block under the term something kicking each other in the shins to put each other off.
Speaker 5: Not quite the game of kings.
Speaker 1: Alex, What are you into at the moment? Mate?
Speaker 7: This is a gardening show with Zach Galifanakas on Netflix. It is wonderful. I see it. It is magical in every single way. It is if you just want to sit down, you want to enjoy a really easy watching kind of warm.
Speaker 1: We need that right now, you absolutely.
Speaker 7: And so Bonnie and I sat down and watched it the other night and it was really lovely. It's just and you learn stuff about guarding and gardening.
Speaker 1: How did I move on between two ferns which I used to love? Yeah, you got You got into it that way.
Speaker 7: A lot of ferns and look, and there's a lot of that humor pepper through it as well. They use a lot of the outtakes which are really really funny, and they interview kids and it's it's this wonderful community, feel about it and you learn stuff. You learn really really fun facts about tomatoes, about apples, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I love that stuff I love And is it still Zach being Zach.
Speaker 7: Zach being exactly Zak, and he who knew loves gardening, he loves being out in his garden, and and.
Speaker 1: Like this stuff like apples.
Speaker 7: Where do we think apples originated? Where do we think apples came from?
Speaker 5: From Kazakhstan?
Speaker 1: How did you know that?
Speaker 5: I wrote an article on it once?
Speaker 1: I thought it was a garden of it and I went to a Catholic primary school. Garden of en was in Kazakhstan. I'm didn't have to go back and read the big book.
Speaker 5: You have popcorn flavored apples, all different sort of flavored apples in Kazakhstan. And if you go there to the original forest, yes, all like hundreds of different flavors of apple in this one tiny forest.
Speaker 1: And you can't just grow cannot Chaney the smart look from Rio right now? I don't know what that the American kids like in that Chess documentary, But no wonder you resonated with him.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Sharn Podcast