Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: Friday. Well, thanks to chemist Warehouse heading today great savings every day and of the week. I've just had a little reta retel therapy with my mom. I went shopping with her. Do I smell good?
Speaker 3: So amazing?
Speaker 2: Do I?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I wonder what that was.
Speaker 5: I can't smell anything.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, that's probably because my pH level is through the roof.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I just went, I'm not going to name in shame, but I bought a very expensive perfume for me and my mum for a birthday, and I bought one for myself. And I got to the check out and I said, I'm gonna get this one, and she goes, oh you okay. I just want to say to you really quickly, this perfume is not going to last on your skin. And I said, what do you mean? And she went with your pH level. I can just tell by looking at it was through the roof, So this isn't going to linger on you like it lingers on everyveryone else. She dipstick to me like, she put like a yeah, and then she goes to your your silver jewelry tarnish and I'm like yeah, Sometimes she's pH level I.
Speaker 6: Don't think you can tell pH level from just looking at you can't tell.
Speaker 5: Okay, what did you do?
Speaker 7: Did you?
Speaker 2: I payd forour hundred dollars?
Speaker 5: Let me smell you and give me your hand. You smell a cidic. No, no, I can smell it. I can smell it. Smell beautiful, smell like a fifty pul, like a four hundred dollars wrist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was very expensive and my p I don't even know what pH is, but I was offended.
Speaker 5: Nonetheless, still HI level what she med?
Speaker 2: It was just your personal level is off I'm ready for a weekend after that, to be honest.
Speaker 8: Well, okay, we before the weekend, we are going inside the King's coronation. We have somebody on the ground who is giving us the load down on what the hell's happening.
Speaker 2: We'll take you inside after this. At kids, it's the pick up Friday av Brittmach and Laurie here. If you're stuck on a Mother's Day gift, Chemist Warehouse has you with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist Warehouse great savings every day everybody. By this time tomorrow, really we will be very close to having a new king.
Speaker 5: I feel like we've already had a king.
Speaker 8: I know what's going to be the official KINGI but like at the moment, I feel like he just feels old.
Speaker 2: News Now it's the coronation of King Charles. Eight pm Saturday night, Australian Eastern Time. Very exciting.
Speaker 5: We're thrilled.
Speaker 1: Oh well, we're thrilled enough to get news dot Com Royal correspondent on She's on the ground, Brontikoy, Welcome to the show, Iving London.
Speaker 5: Hi, Hey guys, how are you hi, Bronzie?
Speaker 8: Now, okay, what is the vibe light there? And I would want to know because I feel like.
Speaker 5: I'm just not that invested in it.
Speaker 8: I know that some people are really living for this, but the general consensus over there in the UK at the moment. Do you find that the younger people are as invested as the older people or is it kind of a bit split.
Speaker 7: That's a great question, because what I wanted to figure out as soon as I arrived a couple of days ago. Actually, so yakay. To begin with, Yes, there's an absolute carnival atmosphere. I'm telling you, every single square, every single major street in the city it's all covered with bunch and the flags everywhere. There is an alarming amount of childs and camilla cardboard cutout everywhere. It's quite shap fin you turn around, they're sort of just standing there, but it is. It's very exciting. They've really got all out to make it look like a huge celebration and definitely that's palpable, you can feel that. However, I was interested as well because I'm thinking, you know, we've seen the stats. Gen Z and millennials aren't generally that excited about the monarchy and particularly about childs, and so I went out and asked many, many, many British people forty and under and let me tell you, one hundred percent of the people surveyed could not have cared less about watching the coronation. And now, yeah, they were one hundred percent. That's what That's pretty strong set.
Speaker 6: I think you get a different answer if you went and asked the people that have camped out for seven days to get to it and see the coronation.
Speaker 7: I did those people. That's a very disc demographic. Let me tell you, so they've been camped out for days. Looks it's getting warmly here in London, but it is absolutely freezing overnight and also it was pouring with rain earlier in the week, so they've been out there. They will have been there for like over a week by the time the coronation happened, and they are buzzing to be there. They're sleeping on the ground.
Speaker 4: There's a hard there.
Speaker 7: They've just brought a few supplies. They're wearing the full British flag outfits, they've got all their badges, and also all of them have been camped out at every single royal event for decades. They are super fancy nuts.
Speaker 2: Now they're nuts. So, like, on like a logistical level, how much is this costing the taxpayers because it's coming out of dollars.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, they don't release the full official amounts until at the end. We do know a vague idea of how much security is going to cost on the whole, which is that it was originally supposed to be I'm going to convert it to dollars for us. It was originally supposed to be less than two hundred million dollars. It's now looking to be at least two hundred and eighty five million dollars. But where there's all so took that it could go higher. And for context, the Queen's coronation in today's money costs about ninety million dollars.
Speaker 9: Oh my.
Speaker 8: That obviously so much controversy surrounding William and Harry and their relationship. Now, and you know that the brothers are coming together, are they playing a part in the coronation, Like, does Harry you have a part to play?
Speaker 3: He's writing a book about it.
Speaker 7: Well, in answer, absolutely not, he will not have any part. And actually it's going to be such a flying fly out visit. So what happened was usually in a coronation you've got the homage of the piers, which means that all dukes of royal blood pay tribute to the king. Now that was a really awkward situation for Charles because if he'd done that, Prince Andrew and Prince Harry. So yeah, and that's the way it always goes. So what they did instead, he's gone, actually, we're just gonna think you with this slightly for no specific reason, and Prince William is now doing the only one that will be paying tribute only him alone, so specifically Harry has no role. But that is also I would say, to avoid Prince Andrew having a role, but he will be also only there for like two hours. From all thoughts, Harry's flying in, He's flying straight out. He's not even going to be on the balcony with the royal family after the ceremony, which you know is that traditional photo of only working royals. But again I think that's so Prince Andrew doesn't show up.
Speaker 8: I mean, we'll wait to make the guy feel like a spare Hay, exactly right. We don't need You've got nothing to do, but your brother will have a really important part.
Speaker 2: That is Brontikoy Everyone News dot com dot a US Royal reporter on the ground in London. Standby. Britt has a very special guest, Laura and I Anna Cross. Who this big celebrities? We think it's a celebri We actually don't know who it could be, but they're entering the studio next.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to find out.
Speaker 3: I'm coming up next.
Speaker 2: It's the pick up Friday afternoon with Britt, Laura Mitch heading to chemist warehouse today. Great savings every day.
Speaker 6: Get excited because you know that yesterday I told you I was having some skin skin cancer problems.
Speaker 3: I've got only going some pre skin cancer treatment on my face.
Speaker 5: Where are you going with this?
Speaker 3: I have brought for you today, doctor Sarah. I hid from. She's a skincares of doctor Sarah.
Speaker 5: Come in and everyone celebrate. Oh my god, there's a doctor Sarah.
Speaker 2: Doctor Sarah Sarah.
Speaker 3: We hid is from Sun Doctors.
Speaker 6: And I just was so gobsmacked that you lot, well, listen, you told me. This is what you told me yesterday.
Speaker 5: I feel ashamed to say this.
Speaker 8: I've not been had a skin check in ten years. I was twenty seven the last time I got it checked.
Speaker 2: It's true, Laura.
Speaker 8: I mean I didn't even know how often you were supposed to.
Speaker 3: Go Laura Burn.
Speaker 6: Your name is Burn, yes, and also you have every day you have a reminder that you could be burnt by the sun.
Speaker 3: In Australia.
Speaker 8: Al So, we grew up like my mum was particularly bad. Love my mum, but she'd be like, oh, you got a pimple, go out, get some son on it. I'll like put sunscreen and slap it on once and then you know, we never reapplied.
Speaker 2: Wait, so doctor Sarah's here, what's happening with Welcome to the pickup. By the way, doct Sarah what's happening?
Speaker 6: Okay, doctor sir, Well, I just figured you guys, an excuse is not I don't have time, not when it's something is important as sun damage and skin cancer. So doctor Sarah is a skin cancer doctor, and she's very kindly agreed to give you a skin cancer check live on air. So you're getting nude. You're both dripping down.
Speaker 2: We've got a curtain here here, that's what the tarp is for.
Speaker 3: You're both going to get that.
Speaker 5: Wait, are we getting nude together?
Speaker 2: Hey, Mitch, I got married a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it's going to come true before we.
Speaker 3: Do that, Doctor Sarah. How often should people be getting their skin checked?
Speaker 10: So, for a skin check, it depends on a few factors. How often you do it, your age, your skin type, your family history, how much sun exposure you're getting there today. So if you've you're in an occupation where you need to be outdoors, you need to do it more frequently. Wow, you can say on an on average once a year is a good idea to do it. Some people need it more frequently.
Speaker 5: I'm a little bit ten years late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't had many five years, so we.
Speaker 6: Are doctor Sarah when you look at mixtury skin now from a surface level to he's someone that should be getting his skin checked regularly because he's pretty tasty.
Speaker 10: So, Mitch, do you tend to get burnt quickly you in the sun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm freckly. I've got a lot of freckles, So I burn and my freckles come out.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So the fair skin type people who burn like within half an hour. So you've got a type two skin. Wow, which means that you are much more prone to you we damage because you don't have the melanin pigment in your skin which gives it color. Like I'm more brown, so I have some melanin, so I don't get burnt easily. I will go more tan.
Speaker 2: That's a nice way of saying you're a white.
Speaker 3: I feel like Laura is this. Laura is almost the opposite. She's got some Italian in her, so.
Speaker 5: She's not a large skin. I'm not much.
Speaker 8: Laura's just a tiny little like a little drop in the old. I think my big toes a bit Italian. The rest of me is pretty wide.
Speaker 3: But you don't freckle. If you compare both of your skin, that's very different. But anyway, it'll stop talking. Take your clothes off with he wants to go fast.
Speaker 2: Well, they've brother got wireless mics and everything. This is so exciting, Laura. Would you like to go first?
Speaker 5: You don't want to get naked in the studio first? Yeah, sure, I'd love to.
Speaker 2: And stand behind the top. Dr Serrah, come over here.
Speaker 5: I do have a lot of freckles on my back. I have a lot of moles on my back.
Speaker 6: Mitch.
Speaker 3: Do you have some things that you are worried about.
Speaker 2: I'm yes, so I'm actually very worried about these two things, so I can show you, Britt. But there's this giant spot on my left arm.
Speaker 3: Oh that is actually that's a pretty big, dark colored spot.
Speaker 2: So Dr Sarah, this is a genuine worry for me on my arm. I'm not sure what it is, but it's appeared over the last year.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, that is a big spot. Oh let's have a look.
Speaker 8: Wait, it's just appeared out of nowhere within the last year and you didn't go and get it checked, Mitch.
Speaker 2: It started as a pimple, and it kind of looks like it has a head on it, Doctor Sarah. I mean you can speak to its it talks to me as does. We have great conversations with it, but it's probably the size. What would you guys, it looks it looks like a boil on my on my left shoulder, like.
Speaker 5: A five cent piece, but it has a mole in it, so it's scott.
Speaker 10: There's like a pink oval shaped lesion with some white in the middle, and it is firm. It feels like scar tissue. So these ones, I think this is a dermato fibroma. So these can appear after a minor injury or an insect bite. Your body just scars abnormally and so it's become a little lump there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so these are benign.
Speaker 10: They don't develop into skin cancers. But yes, some skin cancers can look very similar to that. So I would just keep an eye on that anyways, to see if it's changing any further. With dermatofibromas, they should be quite stable, Okay, So if it is growing or changing colors, changing size, shape, anything like that, then definitely.
Speaker 2: And that's something for people listening to look out for. If you've got one that you're worried about, look for changes.
Speaker 10: Changes, changes in existing molds as well as a brand new spot. Which looks different to your normal molds as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, well this is new. I'm not sure what it is. It's scabbed over, but ever since I came back from Hawaii and it was on a freckle.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that could be a sun damaged spot. So we would generally freeze these kind of spots with the cryo therapy, which is liquid nitrogen wow, to just destroy the surface layer of the skin, and that then peels off. There is a chance there's like a one to three percent chance that that could develop into a skin cancer.
Speaker 6: So my three spots, I'm going to jump in the three spots. The reason on my face that I'm getting this done. I had those exact three spots frozen off, like doctor seraher said a year ago, and maybe I'm in that three percent because it didn't work or change it for me, And now I'm having to undergo this treatment. So my spot's freezing didn't work.
Speaker 2: Wow, So I'll have to get this frozen.
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, And this is only a quick glimpse over your body.
Speaker 2: For everyone listening. If something changes, just get it checked.
Speaker 5: Absolutely also relieving.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a lot of times you put off things because you're worried about what the outcome is going to be. But which is so stupid It could be so relieving. Yeah, I mean it just makes it ten times worse, doesn't it?
Speaker 5: Waiting a decade?
Speaker 6: Doctor Sarah, thanks so much for coming in today. We really appreciate you giving these.
Speaker 3: Guys a once over. Looking at the nude wasn't an easy time?
Speaker 2: Ask doctors Sarah's taking photos of me? Is I think you crash? Sundoctors dot com dot au. If you want to book in and get a skin check of yourself, go and do it. Get it done. It's the pickup with britt Laura mitch here stuck on a Mother's Day gift. Chemist Warehouse has you covered with big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist Warehouse great savings every day. Hey, earlier in the week we were talking about close calls with death near death experiences.
Speaker 8: Yes, we spoke to someone who crashed their aeroplane and lived to tell the tale.
Speaker 2: If you missed it, this is a bit of what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Now the engine blew up like we've been flying for about twenty minutes. Joined just touch and go like there's landing on the runway. And then taking back off again. And I'd literally just take him back off. And as I was climbing up to two thousand feet there, the engine just started dying out and then just shut off. And then everything just goes dead silent. And then, yeah, that's a nearie feeling, let me tell you, as you're just gliding around over the bush hoping to make it back to the runway.
Speaker 2: But anyway, and he drove himself to the hospital and he lived to tell the tale, bloody Ozzie legend.
Speaker 5: I think he was delirious, That's why. No, I think it's what it is.
Speaker 3: I think he thinks the whole thing's hilarious, laughing.
Speaker 2: Well, we asked you to let us know on the pickup dot com dot au what was your clothes call with death.
Speaker 5: I've got one here from sky.
Speaker 8: Sky went to Fiji and she picked up a snake and then when she researched that snake later she found out it was actually a very deadly snake that she picked up.
Speaker 5: Who the hell is picking up a snake?
Speaker 2: Yowing, that's what she gets her? Picking up a snake?
Speaker 3: That is that unusual move?
Speaker 8: Why would you be walking through like you know the grasslands and you go, oh, that's cute.
Speaker 5: Snake might pick that up.
Speaker 2: Maybe she was a giant worm and I think she knew it was a snake.
Speaker 3: Maybe she thought it was a tequila work.
Speaker 2: I think she was. And Veronica says, she rode into the pickup dot com dot U, I went to get a scan of my brain, my maturity gland. I had a severe reaction to the contrast die injected into me. That had to give me three adrenaline shots as she had an anaphylactic fit. Never again, she almost died. Wow, that's crazy. You're in the right place though, to have an any flatic attack being at hospital. Yeah, listen, the best we got was nomanthy. She joins us now to tell her title. She's lived. She's on the line. First of all, congrats on for being alive.
Speaker 5: The maypy, thank you anything. What's your story?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 4: So me and my sister we were quite young. I was twelve years old so and my younger sister was about nine, and my dad took us to the beach after we ordered takeaway food at a restaurant. So we were waiting to collect it and we were playing as usual in the sand in the beach and then like ten minutes later, my dad said, let's go it's time for you know, collector dinner and go home. And then we got in the car. Two seconds after we came to the car, there was a big explosion and there were lots of kids around and we didn't know what was going on at that time. Everyone was looking at each other. People were screaming, and my dad asked that neighboring car was at a bomb and told us to quickly get in and then drove off. And yeah, it was. It was very scary. When we got to do two people got injured and it was a bomb.
Speaker 5: It was a bomb and the bomb went off with yours where you were playing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is actually crazy.
Speaker 3: That is the most serious need ethic sperience I think we've had.
Speaker 5: That is absolutely shocking and harrowing.
Speaker 2: That is great man, Chemist Warehouse will give you a voucher they go spend up the storm.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you so much. I really appreciate that. I Yeah, it was it was a very scary experience. Yeah, for any child to experience at that time.
Speaker 2: Especially for a kid. Yeah, you can't really like grapple with those emotions, did you ever, end up finding out what happened was it was it an active terror? Was it was it like a gas.
Speaker 4: So we have we had a civil war going on, so we had the LTTE, their terrorist group. So they they actually bomb a lot of places in Sri Lanka, in Colombo particularly, so at the time, there have a lot of checkpoints, army check points. So what they said that on the news was that they had buried the bomb to hide it to go get over that checkpoint. So they put it away and went through the checkpoint. So that's one less of a thing that they will caught be caught with. So yeah, yeah, it's just we are just lad that no one died at that time. But imagine because it's for the beach and there were lots of children at the time, even though it was late, the beach is somewhere everyone goes.
Speaker 5: To, Yeah, that's so scary. I mean, great story. That's a fantastic story.
Speaker 2: And you live to tell the title. All right, go ahead heading the chemist warehouse. Five hundred bucks to spend there is yours namanthy enjoy.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: What a great story in that one.
Speaker 3: It's actually insane, insane. I'm so glad. I'm got hurt.
Speaker 2: That all right, we're done, but getting that here. I have a great weekend Australia.
Speaker 9: Everyone.
Speaker 2: What's a good story, she lived to tell.
Speaker 5: The titles, Yeah, you know, Hit the Chemist Warehouse, uplifting, ending were all about here. Yeah, a great week see your man, God