Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frimes. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: One of my goals of this year is to platform the pettiest things I can find on the Internet. Not to make you feel any better about being yourself, but just so we have a broad spread sprectrum, a broad spectrum of diverse narratives on this show. Am I the asshole forgetting hysterical in quotations over my partner's toenail clippings. I was setting up my laptop to work from home. He was going through his regular morning routine. Apparently part of that routine is to clip his toenails in the living room with no apparatus to catch toenail clippings over our living room rug. He clipped his toenails and let the clipping just fall onto the rug. They were scattered all over the carpet about twenty seconds. I tried to be calm and polite when I asked what he was doing, but his only response was, I always picked them up after, you're a liar. At this point, she loses her mind, obviously, because I'm right there with you, sus I'm arm heated. We have hardwood flaws in our living room. To be honest, our entire apartment is basically one room, but we have a decorative rug in the living room area. The rug has a red and white pattern, and it's completely likely that a lot of his toenail clippings have blended into the rug, especially if he does this all the time. I got really upset. I was crying and yelling, begging him to stoo that in the bathroom because this is my home and it's disgusting. He responded, it's my home too.
Speaker 1: This is true. So this comes down to a discussion about the far I can't do this. I'm getting heated.
Speaker 2: Okay, he says, it's my home too, So this comes down to a discussion about the nature of truth and the definition of disgusting.
Speaker 1: And he tried to have.
Speaker 2: A philosophical argue with me about the nature of disgust.
Speaker 1: This is one of my kings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been watching too much place Mummy.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: The reason I feel like I was the asshole is because I was literally screaming about the toenail clippings, and he pointed out to me that this tiny living situation has been difficult for him as well.
Speaker 1: I do things that test his patients as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I'm more lax about dishes, and I'm more lax about dishes and laundry, and that also gets on his nerves. Am I the asshole about the toenail thing? I recognize that this is a rough situation for both of us, But seriously, isn't clipping your toenails on the rug reason enough to get upset? Does that make me the asshole? Where do you stand for me?
Speaker 3: It's horrible? Yeah, this is an absolutely horrible situation. Imagine walking out and your partner is hunched over like Gollumn clipping and clapping. There's probably nothing more disturbing in life than walking around the house that you like share with people and coming across the graveyard of clippings. Yeah, it's like stonehenge males. Okay, and so for its sight, nothing sagod about that. So I understand her frustration and her disgust. Yeah. Does it warrant yelling and screaming? Probably not, particularly when I think something happens when you're in close quarters with someone, Like if you live with someone, it's very easy forget the annoying things you do.
Speaker 1: We're all guilty of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe take a moment, listen to what he said and just set a boundary. But also he's as you say, you're living on a shaggy rug. Ah.
Speaker 2: Look, I have had such a hard stance about living alone, and people like to think I'm the one who's insane for doing it, when when in reality, the reason why most young couples especially move in it's a financial decision because you're spending so much time together. Anyway, we could save a bit of money. That's not sexy to me. You know what is sexy living in a space that's clean and hygienic, because I will it that way. The point he made is true. Right when you are sharing a space, you are what is that sharing a space which means you both are entitled to do exactly what you want. And that's my number one issue because you have no leg to stand on. Sis I for one, I'm I'm on your side. I hate the tradear clippings. I'm freaking out, I'm flustered, But you have no like to stand on because.
Speaker 1: It's his house.
Speaker 2: No, and unless you make hold on, unless you start because the first time, because in am I the asshole? It's like, clearly she's getting super upset because she's clocked in her head that all the times that he's done it, Like she's having an accelerated response to thinking about like we've lived here for that long, and this is your morning routine. Your Toenael clippings are residing in this shag rug. So I get why she's pissed off, But realistically, people don't have tough conversations. This to me, the intricacies of everyday life is a tougher conversation than the hypothetical conversation about kids.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what I mean? Like everyone's like this, how you move in together to make sure you see where you stand on money?
Speaker 2: No talk about the day to day? What is your morning routine? Do you know what I mean? Because I was talking to my best friend and we are hard workers, like there's no doubt about it. But give me a weekend and I will not hesitate to veg out in my bed for the whole That's been a point of contention in every relationship that I've ever had because it.
Speaker 1: Seemed as being lazy, me lazy.
Speaker 2: This is why I can't live with people, because I don't need to justify my living habits as they shouldn't need to justify.
Speaker 1: Theirs absolute facts. I will sleep in point blank period. You've been listening to The flexen Froom's daily podcast. For more, tune int cater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.