Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer podcast. This is the podcast where which have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you by, then you're in the right place. Hello everybody, and welcome back to the party. Today is part one of our Get Ready with Me for twenty twenty four series. Over the next few episodes, I am going to take you through some of the biggest lessons of twenty twenty three and give you my top tips and exercises to help you get ready for the new year so we can all step into twenty twenty four excited and clear. Today's episode is step one of get Ready with Me for twenty twenty four, and we are talking about the importance of connecting with your higher self and they lead you through an exercise on how you can do this. So this is really important because when we connect with our higher self, we are able to make decisions in a way that will benefit us in the long run and will give us the feeling we're actually trying to attract. So if you have kind of been feeling that end of year slump or unclear on what you want in twenty twenty four, then you're absolutely going to love this episode. And if you want to have a successful year next year, honestly, the most important thing to do is have clarity and also like clear clear any like clean the slate. So you're going into the next year with this like clarity of what you actually need and want. So think about like what do you want it to look like, how do you want it to feel? Do you have any goals? And knowing the answer and feeling confident in all of these is something that will not only set you up for success, but it's going to make you feel incredible. But before we get in today's episode a tear, should we get into Aelve Weekly Recommendations. Yes, I'm coming in hot with the TV show. Of course you are. We we love it.
Speaker 2: I might put you the name, but it's called The Buccaneers and it's on Apple TV. Tell me so, if you love Bridgeton, you'll love this. It's essentially this girl who lived in America and has gone to England. I'm going to say, and it's like the English season where everybody's trying to find husbands and stuff, and she like meets one guy in America, but there's another guy in England. And I'm not going to say anymore because it'll spoil it. But it's so good. It is like a little bit darker than I thought, but I am enjoying it.
Speaker 1: We love a romance, Yeah, dark romance, A little bit dark. Okay, what about you? What's your I'm actually currently reading a book right now, so it's called Waking Up in five D. It sounds so cool. It's really cool, and it's by Marie J. Saint German. We'll link it. I've probably butchered that. And it's a practical guide to multi dimensional transformation. So guys, it's a bit trippy, like you have to be ready for it. I was like absolutely lapping it up and just like loving it. But you have to be ready for it. I don't know if you've ever heard of the concept of five D a tear. I have not, so I'm not going to ruin it for you. But basically, we're living in three D and the concept of five D is basically the concept of like you know in all religions, like heaven. Yeah, so the concept of five D is heaven on earth and it's a dimension we can all get to. Bit it's like you have to be in a certain state to reach this dimension. Oh my god, it's super trippy. I love it. Super woo woo. Wait we're not using woo woo, but you know what I mean. I'm obsessed. And it's like, so she's a psychic, the author, and it's just like so it's very spiritual. She talks about guides and angels and for all my spiritual galleys, you will lap this up. Yeah, I highly recommend. I just sounds really good. I read it so quickly and I'm obsessed. So that's definitely my recommendation. Amazing. But also, guys, we have a very fun announcement coming on Thursday on our socials, so if you're listening in real time, just keep an eye out for that. You'll love it.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into the episode. So what I wanted to really chat about in this episode because I know in this series we're going to be talking or getting ready for the new year for twenty twenty four. That feels weird to say.
Speaker 2: It's a bit crazy, isn't it. I feel like twenty twenty four felt so far away a few years going.
Speaker 1: Now it's here. It is. But I'm also like really ready for it because I also feel like we've had three years and one year this year. I agree. I feel like I've lived at least three lifetimes. That's I've aged five years. I've got gray hair at this point. So I'm really ready for it. And it's as we're recording, there's still you know, a good couple of weeks to go, and I'm kind of just like, hurry up. I'm ready. I'm ready for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: I think I'm a little bit the opposite, Okay, like please, we'll take as long as you need.
Speaker 1: The universe well perfect, because you've got both opinions yet. Yeah, so what I want to chat to you you guys in this episode. This episode is basically for the person who maybe the year hasn't gone exactly how you thought. Maybe there has been some challenges, some roadblocks. Maybe you even just don't have clarity of like what you want next year, or like how to move forward. Like you've been thrown some curveballs, and everyone I've spoken to, that's pretty much how the year has gone, would you Greer, Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's been a year of like unbelievable curve balls.
Speaker 1: And you know what's even funny. We could probably find a snippet of me saying last year, remember my whole vibe was like, it's the year's surrender and I'm just gonna see what happens.
Speaker 2: Literally, I'm not making played, I'm not making plans because I just want the universe to like just do its thing.
Speaker 1: Never saying that again, I'm taking back all the control because look what happened. No, no, no, no, we're still surrendering. But this is who the episode is for. And also if you don't have like clarity on what you like, what goals you want to actually you know, write down and achieve and all that sort of thing. I find this exercise that I take you through so helpful. So it's it's gonna be a bit of like an interactive episode. Okay, So I want you guys to think about a low point previously where things haven't gone as planned. Life just isn't going your way, and you almost have like that come to Jesus moment of like no, it gets to be different, like I'm not entertaining this anymore. I am not I'm not like sitting in this like victimhood. I'm not sitting in I'm not like wallowing in my own feelings like you know those moments of like nah, I'm not doing this anymore. Yeah, And I see I have this key, key moment. I remember when me and Tim were trying to conceive I think in like twenty twenty one or whenever it was, and it had been a year long and it wasn't happening. We also had had a miscarriage, and I remember like sitting in my own shit and just like being sad and all the things, and of course I had every right to be. And then I just remember having this like moment where I'm like, I just choose differently, Like I just choose to see things differently and to have a shift. And then this is really funny. I'm looking out to the moon because it was a full moon, yeah, and just being like having this moment of like almost with my higher self or like you know, my next level self almostly this moment of reassurance and this moment of like clarity, and this moment of just like, yep, this is the moment when things turn around. Wow.
Speaker 2: So you decided in that moment you were like, this is it. This is the turning point. Yep.
Speaker 1: I remember smiling at the moon and just being like, this is the moment. This is the turning point. You know, when it's like you've just gone through the shit and it's like been this continuous thing and you have this moment of deciding. And I really call that like your own will, Like that is your willpower, being like no things are going to shift, things are going to change. Wow.
Speaker 2: What do you think got you there to that exact point when you were like this is it? This is the definitive moment, just.
Speaker 1: Like sick of my own shit, fair enough. And that's why in this episode, I'm going to take you guys through an episode like an exercise that you can do where you can bring yourself to this like moment of clarity, this moment of a sureness, because again, I think we have a lot of power in you know, things coming to fruition and shifting because we get to decide. And I know that's a bit controversial, but it's like stop, I don't know, It's fine. That is That's what we're going to do in this episode. So a big thing too is I think sometimes we can really get stuck in the day to day, like we can really have these like blind folds on of you know, the the what you know, what's happening here and now in the day to day, and of course you know we're all stuck in that. But something that really really helps me is like just taking myself out of the current you know, shit for lack of a better word, and being like, actually, if I could have a shift, I could see this a different way. Actually, something I've been doing right now is literally just saying the sentence I choose to see this a different way, and it's almost like stopping things because I think sometimes you know, if we're talking from a law of attraction like visualization, everything that in our reality is like a projection of our thoughts and feelings and what we're experiencing. So it's kind of like having that moment of truth where it's like hang on, I actually choose to shift and again taking our power back through that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a huge one.
Speaker 1: So most of us, like not most of us, So we all have access to our future self at any time. This is like our future self, this is our higher self. This is like the person who has like done the things, achieved all the things, has that dream life, they're on a different timeline. We all have the ability to tap into that person at any moment to gain clarity, to make choices, to know if we're on the right path. Just most of us don't take the time. We don't take the time to reflect, we don't take the time to get clear. And that's why at this time of the year we always really push to do it for your future self course, because it's just taking seven days, thirty minutes a day to really get clear and have some space for you to tap into your future self, your higher self to know what to do, and we all have access to it. Most of us choose not to tap in, usually because it's probably a little bit uncomfortable. Yeah, because again, we can't wallow in our own shit. We can't sit in that victim mentality usually because it's a reminder of like how off course we maybe have been and how much we have not been checking in with ourselves. And so this is what we're doing in this episode. I just want to bring you guys back in, tap you guys back in. So should we just go through the exercise of tea and then we can do questions at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think with the course as well that I noticed that's such a big thing. Is It gives you such an interesting perspective on your life right now because it's almost very objective. And that's really hard when you're going through the shit, because you don't want to look at it and go it's just a blip in time, it's not that big a deal because at that present moment it's your whole world and it's the end of your world. But as soon as you step into your future self, you go, yes, really hard time, great lessons move on and sometimes people aren't ready for that, which is fine, but it's like as soon as you know that you want different and you're ready for the shift, or you're ready to have a year that feels really really good to you, so that you're not stuck at the end of the year going what did I even do? What did I even achieve?
Speaker 1: You're like really proud of how far you've come.
Speaker 2: You need to be tapping into your future self more often than you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really need to be doing it monthly. Yeah, not exactly, not just every year, not just that news.
Speaker 2: You'll start off strong in chan and then you'll like go down there.
Speaker 1: You know what. I love that Kate Jone talks about all the time because she did do it for your future self, and she does the monthly reflections and she does it every single month. She always posts about it and takes us sweet girl, and I'm like, that's actually something I could actually get better at. It's like that monthly check in rather than leaving it longer to the point where you're like, oh shit, I have so many changes I want to make.
Speaker 2: Literally, that's my thing too, because I remember after doing do it for your future self. At the beginning of the year, I was like, I need to do a monthly audit. I just need to write my highs, lows and things I want to change every month so that at the end of the year, when I go to sit down to do do It for your Future Self, I don't spend two hours scrolling through my camera roll trying to figure everything out and what am.
Speaker 1: I going to have to do. That's literally how I do it to I go through my camera, which is like so hard for me because I'm so do you. Sorry, I'm getting off topic here, but I just want to ask you, Yeah, is is there something you remember with Do It for your Future Self at the start of the year that you had either stuck to or haven't stuck to, like something that really like stands out for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. After doing do It for your Future Self at the beginning of the year, one of my biggest goals that I really wanted to nail was my routine. And I feel like I really got that down pat this year, Like I had really good habits and really good routines now to the point.
Speaker 1: That and that's like that's day five, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's day six, like write down your ideal day and routine. And I had that, like I was getting up, going to gym, going to work really early, finishing work early, having my whole afternoon to do whatever I wanted, And I loved that. I was also really really good with my buckets and priorities. I feel like I filled them up. Like the beginning of the year was a bit heavy on some and then that obviously dwindled at the end of the year. So my goals for next year have shifted in that my routines, I now want them to be super flexible, which is like I see as a step above where I was at the beginning of last year.
Speaker 1: You've like transcended like that structure, Yeah, which is huge. Yeah, which is Yeah, that actually is massive. I didn't think about that till now. That's my favorite thing. And again we're going off on a tension here. Is like when you transcend a structure or a routine. Yeah, so it's like you because this is a real thing because a lot of people think a routine, it's like, oh, I'm not in my routine anymore. But usually if you've had a certain routine and it served you for a certain amount of time, and then it just starts to feel like off and like it's not working. People shame themselves and they're like, oh my god, it matter a routine. This doesn't you know, feel good blah blah blah. But really, in reality, you have probably just transcended that and you need a new routine for your next level self, like your upgrading itself. And so instead of like shaming yourself, you could go into Okay, amazing, what do I need now to honor myself in this new season? And that's why it's so important to do these like reflective exercises, because again it's about being like that's and I'm so proud of you tit for like having the awareness to be like, oh my gosh, I you know, I did so well in it. And then I like transcended that structure, whas a lot of people would just go into yeah, like shame.
Speaker 2: Oh I was shaming myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let's not do that anymore.
Speaker 2: No, we worked through it. I was I went straight to shame. I was like, I've fallen off the bame wagon. Nothing's worky. I chose to see it differently, yes, and I went it's not that it's not me being able to do that routine. I can do that routine, but it feels hard, it feels like a chore. It doesn't feel as good as it did when I started. So it's obviously not the right routine anymore.
Speaker 1: You know what I want to do in the new year? What is just like exercise and routines that it's like, I just feel so fucking excited about them. Yes, like so happy. Yeah, Like I want to do like salsa dancing and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, mean to I wanted to start like ballet and hip hop again. Yeah, I'm fun. Like, that's really.
Speaker 1: Odd for me to say, because I'm the most disciplined person who's like, no, I'm not gonna enjoy it. Yeah, I'm just going to fucking go to strength training because I want to booty. But I'm like, nah, I'm not fucking doing that anymore. No, So I'm scit of you. Thank you. And but we'll get more into that in the Goals episode. Yeah, that will do. We just really went on a tangent there, but I love that. Okay, guys, so let's get into this exercise and let's tap into our future selves now again. This is you're going to find so much more clarity if you do the whole, do it for your future self, cause because it is seven days, thirty minutes a day, and each component is really going to help you get clear from a point of your higher self. And again, we all have the big like the ability to tap into our higher self and honestly bypass so much of the shit, so much of like the shame, so much of like the not knowing, the confusion. You just need to create some space for yourself to do this, Okay, So I want to I want you to bring to mind something when you're you're feeling uncertain. So this could be something happening right now. Maybe it's something broad like, oh, what are my goals for next year? Maybe it's something really hot horrible going on in your life. There's a lot of like you know, pain, turmoil. Maybe you're just feeling like confused, you've had certain situations with relationships, people, jobs, your routine, literally anything. I want you to bring it into your mind right now, and I just want you to become aware of your feelings like how you're currently feeling again, confusion, pain, uncertainty, shame, guilt. Guilt is such a good one and I just want you to be in this moment and you're currently sitting on a chair and you're in this room it kind of feels like a studio. I want you to really have your mind's eye on the thing that is like fucking you up right now. It's like it's the thing that's like annoying you, and really become aware of it. And then I want you to picture there's a door, and through the door your future self, your higher self, the one who has you know, moved through so many challenges, They have walked so many different paths. They have like achieved the things you want to achieve. They are like they've got the right people around them. They really have everything that you would ever desire. And that is your higher self, because you guys know, if you have these desires on your heart, it's because they can be a reality. It's just it's on a different timeline, it's in the future, etc. So through the door, your higher self walks through. They look exactly like you, and they come and sit down right beside you. Now I want you to ask them the question. I want you to ask them the question that you're currently feeling. Is it you know, what are my goals for next year? What should I be focusing on? Is it how do I get through this hard time? Ask for the wisdom and remember they have seen everything, They've gone to the end, they've worked it all out. And I want you to sit there and i want you to ask them the question and then I'm just going to give you about a minute and i want you to see what comes up for you. Are you a little bit surprised? And I want you if you're like, you know, sitting you can journal down what came up. It could just like feel a bit random, it could feel a bit off, it could feel a bit like I know this, Like of course you know this, And I want you to just sit, like just sit with whatever come up and be able to see it from a different view, from a different perspective. And again, I, like I said, I remember doing this in our trying to conceive journey and having that moment of certain in clarity when I looked at the moon and it's like I had this reassurance from my higher self just being like it's all good, it's coming, I've got you, And it was so beautiful. It's such a beautiful moment. And you know, for example, if I did this exercise back then, like right at the start, and I tapped into my future self, like I know exactly what she would say because I am her now, and I would say, like, you know your your baby girl's going to come in perfect timing. It's going to be perfect during this time while you're waiting for it, Like, enjoy yourself. This is actually the last year of freedom. It's about to get real. Shit, it's a baud to get real off in here and enjoy yourself, like, enjoy this moment, pour your energy into your projects, you know, start also like changing your life to be equipped for a child, you know, those sorts of things, like I know exactly what I would have said back then, and it's exactly what I feel now. And so it's such like a moment to be like we actually all have the clarity, we all have the wisdom inside of us. Usually we're just so stuck in the doing in the now that we don't want to look because it's often uncomfortable. And this is obviously a very short and sharp exercise. Like I said, if you want more space and clarity, definitely do do a few future self because it's going to give you the seven days, and you're going to have so many realizations. But it's just so important for us to be checking in with ourselves. And I also really want you guys to write a letter to your future self. This is such a great exercise. We did this the start of do it for your future self. Write a letter to yourself. And so it's like this time next year, So it's like December twenty twenty four. How do you want to feel? Who do you want to be? What do you want life to look like? How do you want to show up? It's very very simple. It doesn't and like what things do you want to have achieved? Or it's like if you don't want to get granular like that, you don't have to do like the nitty gritty goals even just like basking. Like the energy in which you want to be in I think is so so powerful because you know, we attract what we are. So if you can't even have clarity on how you want to be, the energy in which you want to be, how you want to feel, how are you ever going to get there if you don't even have clarity on what that is? If you don't get clear on what you want in twenty twenty four, the energy, the vibe and give yourself space. You are going to have the exact same year. Your twenty twenty four is going to be twenty twenty three. And so again it's like you have to if you want different, move different. You know, it's my favorite saying ever, So just pop that into every episode ever And it's so it's like you have to get clear on the vibe. And that's why the you know, dear future self letter can be so powerful. Tapping into your future self. That exercise we did can be so powerful.
Speaker 2: And I think with this it's also important to remember like this is not comfortable. You're not going to sit down and feel amazing the whole process. It's going to be a bit uncomfortable because if you do want great relationships because you feel like yours a lacking right now, that does mean something's going to have to give, and that can be really uncomfortable to think about and not not like exciting and fluffy and wonderful and sun shining. Yeah, but it makes such a big difference in the long run, because if you are uncomfortable for a little bit, when you do start doing the work, everything else will fall into place. For you throughout the year, and you'll get to the end of the year being like, I'm in a completely different space.
Speaker 1: You know what too, A tier to add on that. You know why most people won't do this, Why because they have to take ownership? Oh yeah, and we do, like our egos do not like to take ownership. I guarantee you if you reflect on your year and you know things went to share or things didn't happen, I guarantee you ninety percent of us will blame other things. We will. We don't want to see ourselves in how we showed up in maybe not so integral ways. We don't want to see it. Yeah, and so again, yeah, this is is going to be uncomfortable. I remember doing do it for your future self and being really fucking uncomfortable mean too, and being like this actually doesn't feel that good. Sometiday, What the fuck did I create?
Speaker 2: Like the audit, I was like, gosh, I held on to some shit for no reason.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yeah, it one hundred percent. And when you actually look what you focused on, where you put your energy, sometimes you're like, I let that thing ruin six months of my life. Yeah, yeah, and so that's why it is uncomfortable. And that's the thing, though, is there is so much power in taking responsibility and that's that's kind of that's that moment I'm talking about right at the start of the episode of like having that moment of responsibility for yourself, yeah, and being like, yeah, of course things happen and we can't control those things, but we can control how we show up and how we be and who we are. And we don't always get that, right, do we know? And that's fine, yeah, because we're human. But it's like then having reflection and being like, yeah, actually, I'm going to take some ownership and I am going to like make this shift. I am going to have this shift.
Speaker 2: And I have a question on that, Like when you said you looked at the moon and decided this is it. This is the moment where everything changes, and that was obviously after you'd wallowed in it for a while. Where do you find the sweet spot of.
Speaker 1: And when I say a while, I mean like twelve months.
Speaker 2: So the yeah, yeah, where do you find the sweet spot of having to feel what you need to feel and then going no, now it's time to make a change.
Speaker 1: I think only you can know that. Again, Look, it was twelve months for me, but it's like it might be shorter for you, it might be longer. Again, it's like only you can know.
Speaker 2: That, and you think yours could have been shorter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look back, I'm like, holy shit, Like mentally I was not in a good place. So but again, it all was perfect. Yeah, and I have no regret, guilt or shame around it. But yeah, that whole period of my life could have been so different. But it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you've learned the lesson now, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It is what it is. I said that to my therapist the other day and he was like not. He's like, yeah, we need to go back, and he's like, yeah, we need to keep working on this. He's like, nope, that's not clear. Okay.
Speaker 2: So I was doing the conversation cards with some of my friends and they were like, what's a quote you live by?
Speaker 1: It's like, it is what it is. Oh my god, that's literally our generation. I cannot all right, my loves, Thank you so much for listening. I hope you enjoyed this episode. Do these exercise, take some space. You will not regret it, and also know that this is a bit of a funky time of year. Yeah, there's people who like absolutely like relishing in like the good and they've had the best year and they're like pumped for the new year and they're living their best lives. And then there's the other side of people being like, I maybe didn't achieve what I want this year, didn't go or it's like there's just nothing there. And it's really important to like totally honor where you currently are. And I say this all the time, but it's like we're not meant to feel good all the time, exactly, and it's really important for us to go like through these things, not bypass them. So really just honor where you currently are. But do know you get to tap into your future self, your higher self. Really encourage you to do the letter. I personally love doing an email and then sending it to myself and snoozing it. That's really really powerful. But we love you so much and we'll tach to you in the next episode. Bye bye. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer Podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group. A Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great