Speaker 1: People do some weird shit. Hello, I'm Tracy Grimshaw. Welcome to a parent affair tonight. We're coming to you from my bedroom. Some things that make more sense than the others.
Speaker 2: Hitches, trading, gymnast one commodore games Goald in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: That his performance on the pommel Horse India a Marcus grow up.
Speaker 1: Bless yourself for observations you didn't ask for.
Speaker 2: You are a cheap tramp and a filthy liar.
Speaker 1: This is just I'm still to play a couple of mitches. Reckon.
Speaker 2: We should include Jenna's name in the opener.
Speaker 1: Tell about a compromise. We'll say your name, but it's said in simlish. Drap luby perfect Now his Mitch, Julie, and happy fortieth gud.
Speaker 2: Life begins at forty.
Speaker 1: I've got a long lunch with the girls and we'll get some boatogs by night. So that's how we spend our fortieth here, Hi, Jenna, I actually.
Speaker 4: Do feel like I already lived in the life of a forty year old me. Do I have real auntie energy real lesbian both have Auntie. I'm the lesbian auntie and you're the real feminine artist.
Speaker 1: And this whole.
Speaker 2: Podcast is just us sitting around the back porch like aunties, like the end of kath and King when they're on the bucket chairs. Just Jen is that art that has property and horses, but yeah.
Speaker 1: It has no partner, just sort of lives with their horses and their animals. There's a lot a lot of cats and breeds their own too. Yes, think about it.
Speaker 2: What do we do with our days? Like, I'm already living the life of a forty year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, And I wake up at eleven am.
Speaker 2: So you watch a lot of daytime TV, don't you?
Speaker 1: I watch. I am so into daytime TV.
Speaker 2: At work, I would be doing that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, do we need a shake?
Speaker 5: Weaight?
Speaker 1: No air fry, that's also a microwave.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, did you hear that our mate Joe Hills, a brand left Studio ten?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I did, actually, and it was a very emotional goodbye speed bummer.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we were on Studio ten recently and Joe's always been a big supporter, so sad to see him go, but yes, he's good bye speech. Did she notice that the whole time was hitting the table like he was getting to it?
Speaker 1: What was the CEO of ten underneath it or something that's funny judged with the hammer. I got the audio.
Speaker 2: I don't know who you noticed.
Speaker 1: No, I did give up because it was very long.
Speaker 2: It was towards the end I started bashing the table. Listen out here.
Speaker 1: It is Joe and his goodbye speech in studio.
Speaker 7: Tim, and I know how lucky I am. And I promise you know when I do go on to other things, and you'll see that down the track. It's not the day to talk about what that is now, But when I do, I swear to God, I will be sticking up for the little guy. I'll be sticking up for you, and I will I will fight to make sure that the poorest people among us, the most disadvantaged, people without homes, people without jobs, I will make sure that they are always at the front of everything I do and everything I fight for.
Speaker 1: It sounds like when you bring a bird home from a pen shop in a box and it's hitting, besides quite off putting.
Speaker 2: Towards the end, I was like, I get that you're passionate, and every fucking word.
Speaker 1: Should we should we call him and do it to him. Let's call him, Let's call him and say thanks for letting us on Studio ten. Joe really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We've got to get out of his habit of just fucking with people on the phone. Okay, well, he follows me, don't have his number, nonbo.
Speaker 1: He follows us on Instagram?
Speaker 5: Do it?
Speaker 2: Do it please?
Speaker 1: From the personal or from my personal or from the couple of inches.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's actually funny. What can you say?
Speaker 1: I'll say, oh, because he just got a new gig. He didn't. At the end of that, He's like, I can't really say what's happening with my new gig, but he got a job on t g B I AM Radio.
Speaker 2: There we go call him and congratulate him on the new gig.
Speaker 1: That voice. I also can't wait to ridicule him on talkback teams in a couple of months when we listen back to his talkback programming, call me talk tonight, Joe, he'll a brain so congratulating him for the gig. Jimmy, Joe, It's Mitch from from Mitch and Mitch. We're on Studio ten. A couple of weeks ago, in one of your last days in your heyday, I just wanted to call and say I saw the news that you you got a gig on to GB and I am I'm so proud, so excited, and from one radio host to another, I just wanted to say, so proud of you. And you know, if you haven't had any tips or advice, I'm here. I'm your man. So we love you and well we'll talk to you soon. Okay, mate, good luck And as they say the bess hoo, I'm here to Mitch is here too, love you Joe. One more the message to Joe. Hi kay, thanks mate, talk soon. I was just banging the table. Oh my god, that's so funny. Anyway, speaking of talkback things, we are reprising one of our most ball live segments in this episode.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, that's right. It's our segment where we play the weird shit that we hear on talkback radio because it's just it's a really different world that I feel like our younger listeners aren't that familiar with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, they say, you know, I am radio is dying, but Mitch and I if some of their listeners, the elderly, literally are dying, Mitch and I are, Radio says and janets you. We all work within the industry, so we just we love anything radio. So for your first time, this is a great segments, right, So we'll do that in a little bit later on the.
Speaker 2: Chef I heard something whacked the other night, so we'll play it to you later on. Also getting some callers on for it too, very exciting.
Speaker 1: I've got a bit of a call. I'm getting some.
Speaker 2: Interaction the interactive edition of Talkback Kings coming up later in the podcast lovely.
Speaker 1: Also, if it is again your first time listening, We start the show the same way every week with an iGEM, which again is getting it every three weeks we get someone going, I didn't realize itchen was a made up word.
Speaker 2: It stands for is it just me? JM.
Speaker 1: It's an acronym for God's saying and just coined it one day and that's that's the basis of the podcast. So it's something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Someone did point out in the in our Facebook group they said, I'm still waiting on the boys to talk about something they appreciate.
Speaker 2: Hey, I remember talking about I talk about things I appreciate all the time. Remember that time I just said that I love watch staring at trees. Oh yeah, true? Watching grass grow actually sound like a great way to spend time. I would love it if I would kill for to have that much time on my hand.
Speaker 1: Very true.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I'm not talking about something I appreciate today. Let me assure you it's actually quite like filthy. So if anyone's got kids in the background right now, I would suggest turning off this podcast because it's about to get a little bit rank in here.
Speaker 1: Put on kids bups and that's it. I don't know what Mitch is about to say. He doesn't know what I'm about to say that forms the podcast. Mine is Mine's just an observation. This is something I've noticed, and I also I don't hate it. I actually think I might appreciate it. We'll discuss. We'll discuss. Why don't you go first, because we'll get the vulgarity out of the way. Yes, yes, and then I can dive in and you're ready to start.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I am.
Speaker 1: Here we go, just me.
Speaker 2: Have you never had, nor do you ever planned to have jizz in your eye?
Speaker 1: Have I? No, I've never had it in my eye, and I don't really plan to.
Speaker 2: Well done. I wouldn't advise it, actually, because the other day Firstly, I just got some coffee scub in my eye, which I saw that I put on my Instagram asking for people, what's other painful shit you've gotten stuck in your eye? Ye, and I'm not even fucking with you. I got hundreds of responses saying, come.
Speaker 1: Oh, that word hits me exactly.
Speaker 2: I didn't actually know that seamen stung your eye, but apparently it is like like the worst it's actually, but I have no idea why turn up? Firstly, can you google why the hell does jizz sing your eye so much? It doesn't really seem like a substance that would. It's not like you know, bleach.
Speaker 1: No, it's definitely not. I've never had it in the eye, but could be honest, it doesn't really taste. Avoid it. You don't like it, no, just dry wretching everyone.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever spoken about this, but like, I hate semen really, which is a very it's a very tricky complex to have when you're a big old queer like me. Yeah, because you would assume that I come into contact with it a lot. No, I avoid that, Shita. It is absolutely vile. I would just love to live in a world where much like the female climax. It's internal, it's all in the facial expression, it's in the breath, and you can definitely tell that it's happened. You can see the release. But it doesn't make a goddamn mess.
Speaker 1: Have you had a bad experience, No, I have it.
Speaker 2: I've just I actually hate it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's something that everyone just secretly puts up with but doesn't actually enjoy it.
Speaker 1: It's part of life. It's like changing the oil in your car. No one wants to do it, but you have to otherwise. Yeah, but I don't think I do have to. I found it. Oh j. It's got an answer to the chemical makeup.
Speaker 8: So semen in itself is harmless, but it contains components such as citric acid, fructose, zinc, and enzymes that will irritate your sensitive eye tissue. Oh, so expect redness, stinging, or burning sensation.
Speaker 1: Of putting a sound strap in your eyes essentially. Wow, Okay, so you with well within your right to believe that it's Yeah, that would hurt.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I don't think that it's something that people actually want, you know, these people that you're seeing in like porn and stuff. Like that I like, Oh, I want you to stop it. I want my face. What I think that it should be treated with the actually hold on I what.
Speaker 1: I don't tell me you've got a jar?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I have a bottle of coke in my my backpack right now. I'd like to do a demonstration, if I may not on me. I feel like people should treat an ejaculating appendage the same way that you would treat a coke that's been shaken up. You hold it away from your face and go no shake the shaking the coke. I don't want to get it all over the studio.
Speaker 1: They sound very similar to coke, and you know, shaking the.
Speaker 5: Can that.
Speaker 2: So I have something to release in.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're shaking up the classic coke.
Speaker 2: So this is how I feel that people should respond when there is semen being released around their person.
Speaker 1: Get it away from me.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh oh.
Speaker 1: I got a bit over here.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it's? Even though I pointed it away from me and trying to avoid, it's still all over me. Oh fusing, Oh it's almost empty.
Speaker 1: What a big load that coke had?
Speaker 2: Anyway, Look like I said, I got a bunch of responses on Instagram from people who had horror stories about getting in their eyes, and I've asked a couple of them to come on the podcast today to tell us about it. First up, we've got Erring. She's calling from Brisbane.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hello, what side of the fence are you on?
Speaker 2: Do you hate come or do you love it?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 9: I'm a big fan. I remember I was in high school and everyone was like, oh, yeah, I hate when the guy comes into your mouth. I was like, oh yes, sang, but I was fully lying I absolutely loved it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, sorry, I'm not going to judge. I'm going to be open to your explanation. What is it about it that you like?
Speaker 8: Cool?
Speaker 9: Well, look I think maybe well I really enjoy salt, and I feel like there is a salty element to it. But yeah, I think I could just enjoy the taste.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm thinking about the I'm just thinking about the temperature.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's yeah, it's real blood temperature.
Speaker 2: Does the temperature that bother you?
Speaker 9: No, it's the reward for the hard work.
Speaker 1: See now, yeah, I can kind of see that. Yeah, it's all say look what I've done.
Speaker 2: No, I get that. I get the the build up and the reward factor where you're like, yeah, I made you do that, Yeah, just without the.
Speaker 9: Yeah so big fans not in the.
Speaker 2: Eye exactly, So you were one of the people that got it in your eye. Tell us about that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just I feel like that was an unexpected event. I just thought it was going to be your usual situation. But I think I think he might have found that that was maybe a turn on for me. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a common misconception. Guys think that girls actually want that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So as a as a you know, come lover myself. Definitely, not on the old fate, that'd be a nice.
Speaker 1: Tramp stamp for you in the future. Just come a lover on the back, that'd be beautiful.
Speaker 2: And so do you actually look forward to like the relief?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's really funny. I don't know why. I just don't want to have but yeah, like I said, friends school, that's so disgusting.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, I'll be honest with you, no, and like it's a bit gross. But sometimes when there's a lot of volume, it's like I've done well, Because sometimes it can vary. Sometimes it's like, you know, you go to the coals and the onions are small. It's a bad week. Then sometimes you go and they're fucking gigantic. That's sort of how it works with that, right. Sometimes it's like you're very well hydrated today because there's a lot of volume, and.
Speaker 9: Then you can give health feedback like I think totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, may cut back on the baraka because there and the taiki dip because very sour, yeah, exactly. Yeah. Or have you had a lemon and icy pole because I can taste it?
Speaker 9: Yeah, a little yeasty from the bah.
Speaker 1: Goodness, I can taste the hots, Babe.
Speaker 2: I regret bringing this up Erin.
Speaker 1: I think better than come of. Your nickname should become so Malia, make it more fancy.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'll change my name.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Everyone, Everyone loves what they love, you know, as long as you're happy and it's consensual and enjoy exactly. All right, thanks for coming on the show. We got Kate on the line now, Hey Kate, Hi boy a, Hey Kate, welcome to the show. Jenny's here as well. Sorry, hello, now, Mitch. Kate was telling me a story on Instagram, and this was the one that horrified me the most. She's a mom with kids and her husband had a bit of an incident, wouldn't you say, Kate.
Speaker 6: Little bit?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 6: All right? So there was one of two things we discussed, Mitch. First one was quite clearly doing my wifely judies on point and he went to be and he got a bit excited and it went in my eye. And then she said, oh like a motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Oh he pulled out from just the normal position right down below. Yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely, Well you got a bloody hydroflags for a penis. That's a massive amount of space to get from one point to another.
Speaker 6: Oh he's gonna he's six.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm sick. Sorry, I know you're talking about Wow. So yeah, so that so that went in your eye?
Speaker 2: Yes, So when you're in a situation like that, is it etiquette to like be polite and be like, oh no, it's fine, or you're like.
Speaker 6: Yes the later of the two straight, I'm like, control your life, Like came.
Speaker 1: In my eye?
Speaker 10: You're fucking six?
Speaker 1: Did it sting for long after? Because you know, when there's something in your eye, Yeah.
Speaker 6: You've got pink I oh god, oh.
Speaker 1: Well I think that's what pink eye is. And when you get bodily fluid, isn't there?
Speaker 2: How long does it stay like singing and read for?
Speaker 6: Oh enough to be annoying enough. I don't want to be back there again.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you have for lunch with you girls. They're like, oh, babe, you've got some sleep in your eyes. Don't take sleep.
Speaker 2: So are you like me where you think that spoof is just vile and like the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 6: Okay, look it is fucking rank.
Speaker 2: That's just Oh thank god.
Speaker 6: Yes, I thought of it. And I'm a team player. And my poor husband, prior to meeting me, was lived a very sheltered life, and so you know, he comes with a bucket list, and I was like, well, I can be that because I'm a team player.
Speaker 1: What was on it?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 6: Coming in the mouth? Oh, I've never done it before. And I was like, look, I'm a team player. I'll give it a go. Now. Have you guys all watched Wall for Wall Street?
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I were Leonardo. It was not.
Speaker 1: My god, yes, yeah.
Speaker 6: There was nothing attractive about it at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you say that to him?
Speaker 4: When you're like, yes, hell, it was the funniest, Like you can't laugh in the bedroom when she goes.
Speaker 1: Wrong, I know you're in the wrong relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's actually very true. That's so true. But I've heard people say things like, oh, like, it's just polite to swallow, and I'm like, no, it's not doing the favor. I will position a bin by my side.
Speaker 1: Yet you know, I've gone as far to get a sparkling water ready straight up so I can down it like I'm taken tequila shots. I need a lemon wears on my wrist.
Speaker 6: No, not this girl. And then I thought, you know, I'll be a team player. Maybe it was just inexperienced early thirties Triketh for the first time, went back, tried it again, same fucking thing. I'm like, this, this is very unattractive. How are we still together?
Speaker 1: Look what else is on the bucket list? I want to know?
Speaker 6: Oh, oh stop it don't I'm what is he to have a go right now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: But I'll tell you what. When I signed out to do this little segment, he goes, well, you better have another go like third time, lucky.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's smart, it's smart.
Speaker 6: Just a no, it's a hard no. And I don't even want it anywhere near me.
Speaker 2: Me too, Thank god. I'm so glad to hear this. Now. I know that you're a mother. Do you have any daughters?
Speaker 12: I have a step daughter.
Speaker 2: Okay, So is the singing of the eye? Is that something that you think you might actually warn her about us she becomes a young woman.
Speaker 6: No, but I would hand down definitely say to my boys, make sure you're fucking polite, Like, I know what is the watching. I know it's a access to don't forget that these are mother's daughters. Like I just think they're being brought up now in an unrealistic environment where they're going to go out into the world to meet these girls. And that's not how girls perform. It's just not how they performed. So yeah, I'll let her.
Speaker 1: Mum, that's good. And you've got how many boys did you say you have?
Speaker 6: So I have three boys and my husband has two boys and a girl. So we've got six combine.
Speaker 10: That's a lot.
Speaker 6: Fifteen fourteen, thirteen, ten and eight.
Speaker 1: And they're age when they're discovering how it all works too.
Speaker 6: Oh, don't we know? The long showers and the washing of the one.
Speaker 2: We can save you the awkward conversation when the time comes. Just shoot them this podcast when they're older.
Speaker 6: The little one's being been from this one quite clearly. I'm going to tell them that you had a day offday next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mitch and Mitch had some time off. What your eight year old usually listens?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, usually, we just listened to it on the way to and from school. And he just thinks he's a hilarious and get over the Blionds comment and how mean everybody is to Jenna.
Speaker 2: What did he say about Jenna?
Speaker 6: Why don't she stay there? Doesn't she know what bullying is?
Speaker 2: No, he's so innocent. I love that. I'm a little bit mortified that you're an eight year old listeners, because like I feel like I need to watch my mouth now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, be who you are.
Speaker 6: Honestly, he's my possibility. I control what he listens to and what you can't listen to. Hello, you have just met me for ten minutes.
Speaker 1: And come on, I reckon that little fifteen second skip button on your body podcast app has been used a hell of a lot, buddy.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, thank you for listening to our podcast. Thank you for joining us here on the podcast so much.
Speaker 6: I need to discovered your guys this year and I'm like, where have these boys been my whole life?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: My soul?
Speaker 1: We love you? Think you listening? It means a lot. And I'll send you out a pair of Zog's goggles because that can fix all your problems, you know, and it might not be a bad look.
Speaker 6: I don't make me wear them, and then I have to say, there's a bloody photo.
Speaker 1: Very true.
Speaker 2: Things are coming on, all right, darling, what's yours? Is it just me for the week?
Speaker 1: Let's jump in? Is it just me? Do you wish you were one of those people who could use their nickname in their full name, like like I'm Mitch Churry, Mitchell Coombs, Jenna Benson. But then you've got people like Dwayne the Rock Johnson is included in his full name.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's like they haven't completely abandoned their actual name, but they've also got a stage name.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, they're sort of putting it in the full name.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I know what you mean. I've never wished for that.
Speaker 1: It's very it's really I think it's so funny.
Speaker 2: I never even thought about it.
Speaker 1: A lot of footballers do it, like say your names, like there's James Hardy Hudson.
Speaker 2: Jonathan j T ths in little speech bubble.
Speaker 1: And it's always very much just like a nickname of their last name Benji, Marshi, Marshall.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily. It's even here where we work at Kids, the family's got Jackie Oh Henderson. They always have the in like italics, the non italic speech bubble.
Speaker 1: Or we have John j C called well you know.
Speaker 2: Then and then also Brendon jonesy Jones from everyone in radio except you.
Speaker 1: And yeah, what would mine be? Mitch Jury?
Speaker 2: Well, your full name is Mitchell r. Yeah, yeah, Mitchell, Mitchell, Memi Cherry. It's like the am i in Mitchell and then.
Speaker 1: Repeat it Mitchell true true Jury. What would j be?
Speaker 2: Jenna? She's Jenna the nickname? Or is Jenna the full name?
Speaker 1: Jenna is the is the nickname? Yeah? Yeah, Juliane Jenna.
Speaker 2: Benson, Jennathy Jenna Benson.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it's not the same. He's a very very closely, very different. When people put their actual middle name in the middle, like Sarah Renee Ritter's.
Speaker 2: That doesn't need the quote mark because it's just your middle name exactly.
Speaker 1: It's something that is not given to you at birth, but it's something you have inherited, so you'd be Mitchell KUMSI cums. That's classic, that's football time? Would I?
Speaker 2: Though no one calls me that?
Speaker 1: What do you reckon it be? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't really want to have a name in my actual name.
Speaker 1: No, who's would some be like famous celebrities like Ellen DeGeneres.
Speaker 2: Oh what about? What would Ida Butcher Roses be?
Speaker 1: I have to be Buddy Butchrose.
Speaker 2: I was going to make it the nickname. She's actually got a full name that we don't know about.
Speaker 1: Definitely, No, No, it would be to be Beatrice it buttress.
Speaker 2: What about how they often don't relate to the actual person name. It's like, oh, his name's Mark. What everyone calls him?
Speaker 1: It's like why? Or it's something like a bit creepy, like that's day though, Oh but we call him We got Dave O slippery hand job? Why do you call him that?
Speaker 6: You know that?
Speaker 2: My one of my cousins. She's engaged to this guy whose actual name is Graham, but he insists on being called by his nickname, which is Grub, and my dad's like I can't. In fact, I refuse to call a grown man grub. Ihof I barely know. So Dad makes a point of going up to him, shaking his hand and going get a Graham grub.
Speaker 1: That's horandous. I stand here before you today, Abigail grab to wed you in holy matrimony. Yeah, so fucking funny. But don't you think it's fun? Like those people are always either fun or sex pests. It's always there's a fine line.
Speaker 2: I think you are the you own your stage name, like those celebs that use their stage name like Katy Perry or you. You either own the sage name or you own your real name. You don't do this bloody quotations in the middle quackerzack. No, I prefer it the other way around, where you their actual name. We just pretend that's the nickname and we invent their first name. So like, what would.
Speaker 1: You give me a celebrity and all work it out?
Speaker 2: What would.
Speaker 1: Why can't we think of any celebrities Nicole Kidman, Oh, that'd be Nicoleon.
Speaker 2: Nicoleon Nicole Michle Kidman. She's like, oh, the US market they want to get Nacholeon, Harry Harry.
Speaker 1: Styles, Neddie Nil horror.
Speaker 6: What you're listening to?
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: A podcast by a couple of mitches. All right, we are currently on Facebook live as we record. If you don't want to miss the next one, make sure you go follow us at couple of mitches, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok is where you can find it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're on live for a reason.
Speaker 2: Metro, that's right, it's time for everyone's favorite segment. Apparently, it's time for talkback tings. Talkback Tings is that segment where we play the little bits of gold that we hear on talkback radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, highly requested to. This has been voted by the idiots, the number one segment we did.
Speaker 2: That's right our Facebook group. I didn't realize it had been so long since we'd done talkback tings because.
Speaker 1: I don't know, actually, Graham, I feel like it was Graham. The last one was.
Speaker 2: But let me tell you, this person we're about to hear from has been on talkback things before. I think it was back in episode twenty seven. Do you remember Carter Edward? Oh?
Speaker 1: How could I forget Carter?
Speaker 2: Especially so far, every single talkback ting's piece of audio that I've played something whack from talkback has come from the one station to sm in Sydney. I don't actually need to go outside of that station because it all, it just delivered so much gold. You wish your random safe.
Speaker 1: You're telling me that they had to withdraw from the ratings because they were rating at such a small percentage.
Speaker 2: Yes, they were that embarrassed by their poor raisings that they just tapped out.
Speaker 1: They were like, pulling it out.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 8: They were like, oh, no, ratings aren't even real anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was their excuse, all right. Really yeah, and they run on the smell of an oily rag. It's literally just an old man a microphone and a phone. That's all they do. That's the only resources they have. But they somehow make it work. But I was listening to the other night Carter Edwards late at night on a weekend, and I witnessed the moment that Carter Edwards just gave up. Really, he's been in this game for a long time, been hosting his talkback show for many years, and I just thought this particular night he was like, I'm over it. I'm over it.
Speaker 1: Not his heart, I think his heart gave out.
Speaker 2: Eyes that you'll know what I mean. But first of all, let's just give you a little taste of what Carter Edwards Ratiingo Show is like.
Speaker 1: Any topic any time called thirteen twelve sixty nine.
Speaker 3: Baker there, it's the truth. Yes, okay, it's your station. I just pushed the bat and give you the chance to have your freedom of speech. And there's all kinds of things that we'd like to give you a chance to talk about. One thing I wanted to do, and I wanted to try and get your opinion on whatever it is that we throw in your direction, because everybody's got.
Speaker 5: A a.
Speaker 3: Thought on whatever it is that we're talking about. Whoops, where have I got this happening? A second?
Speaker 10: Hang on?
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's not super coherent, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Everyone's got a thought but him.
Speaker 2: Yes, So you wouldn't really tune into that show. If you're wanting slick, polished radiom rubbish, you have to make oh exactly.
Speaker 1: He left so many lulls. I could never do that.
Speaker 2: Those lulls are bad. So when I listened the other night, I heard him do his thing. He's like, this is the number, call in talk about whatever you want to talk about, and then he just sat and waited for someone to.
Speaker 1: Call on air.
Speaker 2: Yeh, he didn't fill the silence. He literally just sat in silence waiting for the phone to ring.
Speaker 1: But was it a joke? Was he doing it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you just played the audio. You'll know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your thoughts, Maureen, Okay, bye, mate, thank you, Darlin boy boy Okay, agree or disagree? What are your thoughts on that one? Folks, please give us a give us an idea?
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twelve sixty nine. I've got one line waiting for somebody.
Speaker 2: You'll wait, No, oh my god, wait? Is this real?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to make you sit through all the silence. It went for over three minutes.
Speaker 1: Was he in a bad mood? I don't know, But can I.
Speaker 2: Tell you there is actually nothing he could have said in that moment that would have been more engaging to me than that silence. I wouldn't get out of the car. I'm sitting there in the car park for over three minutes, being like, what's going to happen next? It was actually so gripping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also my brain goes straight to death. I'm like, has he died? If something has happened in the studio, there's a terrorist isis of broken in This is why we love his program.
Speaker 2: He's not en off again. But anyway, I'm not going to make you sit through the entire three minute silence. But this is what happened when he came back on it and finally someone called through.
Speaker 5: Okay, what good evening?
Speaker 6: Hello, Yeah, can you hear me?
Speaker 10: I can hear you?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was listening to your conversation earlier.
Speaker 2: It went on.
Speaker 1: It was almost like he was asleep with a newspaper, right YESHI waiting?
Speaker 2: Can I just ask Mitchell, as someone who works on a in FM radio, how much trouble would you get in if you did that?
Speaker 1: Oh? If I say my name, I'm Mitch till midnight, I can't even leave a pause between the till and midnight. I said it was one word, Mitch till midnight. I can't even go Mitch till midnight.
Speaker 2: Fire a dairy, very fast paced, nothing like that talk back ship.
Speaker 1: Also my call, because I take so many calls every night, I can if they're bad, I chop them. They're done really, oh of course, but it's also funny that way. But this way, like this is next level.
Speaker 2: Well as we've learned, they kind of just let anyone on air on talkback. They don't really bet them. It's it's like whatever someone's called.
Speaker 1: They'll take it back. So that lady that he let go didn't even know his name by mate.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I did feel bad for Carter and the fact that he was just left hanging, yeah, for three minutes, waiting for someone to call. Right now, as we're recording, we are on Facebook Live, yeah, TikTok Live, and Instagram Live, and I'm thinking that our listeners, because they're fucking legends, they wouldn't leave us hanging.
Speaker 1: Like that, your buddy, Hope, not absolutely not.
Speaker 2: And so we've never done this before, but we're going to give out the number of the studio that we're recorded. Okay, here it is, and then Jenna, I want you to get a stop watch out yep, and see how long it takes someone to call, because I don't think our listeners would do that to us, leave us hanging for three over three minutes.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think they would, although our listeners is that way incline that they might just do it because.
Speaker 2: They, like anyone right now is considering doing this is control us. I will be furious because like that's gonna be so tense.
Speaker 1: They probably would knowing them.
Speaker 2: We're also on Facebook Live. There's like a I tested it earlier. There's a seven second delay, so we're guaranteed at least some silence. Okay, So we're just to sit here and wait and see how long it takes one of our listeners to call. So Mitch without further to give out the number.
Speaker 1: I'll do it. It'll be my the very best Carter I can be. Give us a call wherever you are thirteen one O six five thirteen one O six '.
Speaker 10: Five waiting for your call talk tonight. This is Carter.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 12: We got Eloise.
Speaker 2: Eloise, are you calling kiss one A six five or are you calling a couple of mitches?
Speaker 6: I was on TikTok watching your line.
Speaker 2: Yea one of my TikTok legends.
Speaker 1: Hold on rate that We've got another one as well. There another second line. Hold the line. Oh they've just hung up. That's okay, Eloise, your back, Jannel.
Speaker 2: What was the time? It was fifty seconds? Thirty four s Edwards. This is what social media, bloody millennial generation can achieve.
Speaker 1: Although fifty seconds still isn't.
Speaker 2: Anything to raise three minutes in the comments on my TikTok saying guys don't call and I'm like Instagram.
Speaker 1: Eloise, where are you in a wind tunnel? By the sound of things?
Speaker 2: Oh, Aloysia, Where in the world are you.
Speaker 11: Sydney?
Speaker 1: Sydney?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Perfect is here?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: That's on your lap? Purring?
Speaker 2: Your phone line's shocking, Darlan.
Speaker 1: Who is back with fucking leabara or something?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: Off you? I got a new one. Hi is thirteen one O six five? Who are you calling for?
Speaker 11: Calling to me?
Speaker 1: Amazing?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 11: My name is Angela?
Speaker 2: Angela which Mitch two of us?
Speaker 1: Angela's That's why we got another one. I'm waiting till we get one from Surry here we got uh? Hi, who you calling for?
Speaker 12: I'm Hi. My name is Luke. I just thought i'd call kick up from Mitch.
Speaker 1: From away? What's last night? What's his last name? Luke?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 12: Mitch?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 1: There's another one. There's another one. We're moving on. Hi, thanks for all. They hung up. Well, we've got three currently. I'm gonna who's the first girl again? Eloise? There was Eloise is in and I'm also going to add the second one, which I believe was Angela. You're both on there, Hi girls, he hih.
Speaker 2: Hi lady, thanks so much for calling through. I really thought for a long time there that we were going to have no one.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling through. We do have one more. Someone else says someone else, Hi, what are you calling for? Hi? What's your name?
Speaker 12: Angelo?
Speaker 10: Expo?
Speaker 2: Same Angela. Don't hang up on her again? So how many people are there on hold?
Speaker 1: Right now? There's there's one more person calling through.
Speaker 2: Okay, leave Angela and just put them on the other one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to get rid of you. Sorry. The girl on the fish tank, Hi, who are you calling for?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 1: Calling for kiss? Or a couple of mitches podcast?
Speaker 13: The second one.
Speaker 2: Podcast familiar Hi.
Speaker 13: We've watched your video bog and Gate in English?
Speaker 1: Did you.
Speaker 10: Hang on?
Speaker 2: I need context on this?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: For what reason was the teacher showing you my old boat video?
Speaker 1: They're talking about lower and middle class? Shut up?
Speaker 13: Yes, well for some reason they thought it was really exciting for English, so we could like research other like other areas of Australia.
Speaker 2: I say, okay, I mean it would have made sense in a geography class but I don't understand English. So what was your name? Sorry?
Speaker 13: Maya?
Speaker 2: Maya meet Angela. You're both on the line at the same time.
Speaker 1: I believe Hi.
Speaker 2: Are you both in Sydney? No, I'm actually oh, okay, Well I don't have a kids there, so it's all right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to get rid of one. Who are we dropping? Because you have more calls coming through? I vote Angela. You've been on the longest. You have to say goodbye to angel Angela. Thank you, Bye Angela. The other girls like bye Angela thirteen six five. If you're watching with us too.
Speaker 8: Just letting everyone know that I'm here as well.
Speaker 2: Fuck off, Jenna, I'm adding the man, wait there, here we go. Apparently the number line is busy.
Speaker 1: That's what I keep Hi. Hi, who are you calling for?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 12: Luke?
Speaker 2: Luke? Is this the one that we entered earlier?
Speaker 1: No, I'm a different Luke because what happened to one?
Speaker 2: One different Luke to the show? No less, Thank god you saved affair.
Speaker 1: You stay there. I'm atting someone else's.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to have conversations with these people.
Speaker 1: We can't not let people through.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 2: What's your name, Kate? Where are you calling from? Facebook? Instagram? TikTok?
Speaker 6: Thank Actually okay.
Speaker 2: We've got one from Facebook, amazing.
Speaker 1: Where are you?
Speaker 2: Where are you calling from? Wool and gone? I hope you're not talking and driving. It's very nice actually allow such a thing on the radio.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd be cut straight away from my program. I'm not sure about carters. You'd probably be left to a podcast.
Speaker 6: For since then.
Speaker 1: Why, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I'll stop hanging up on there.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling through. I appreciate it. It's nice of her to join. She got cut off because she was going down the warm go the keep cutting off.
Speaker 2: What about the other ones that were still there?
Speaker 1: They've all hung up.
Speaker 2: I want to talk to them more.
Speaker 12: What do you bitches there?
Speaker 2: He is, Oh, they're there. Sorry, Luke, he keeps hanging up on people. I'm going to fucking ban you from that desk if you keep hanging We've got.
Speaker 1: Calls coming through. This towl radio show works, guys, you got to get through them.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of radio show that just answers and then goes sorry after two seconds.
Speaker 1: Next time, I think.
Speaker 12: They're throwing you under the bath.
Speaker 1: Really, they absolutely are Jesus, get his number off the air with you.
Speaker 2: Let's pretend this is the radio show. What have you called about? Luke?
Speaker 12: I was just calling for the pop quinn.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well I'm sorry you've missed. You've missed the queue that's actually already happened, so you'll have to try again tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Dyla.
Speaker 2: And is there anything on your mind?
Speaker 12: Three questions for thirty k No, okay, he's called.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's definitely. How long have you listened to our podcast for?
Speaker 12: I actually follow Mitch Kims on TikTok and I have never listened to your podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, you've got some homework to do, lack, So it's called is it just me? You'll hear yourself next Monday when this episode comes out.
Speaker 12: Great, just what I've been looking forward to.
Speaker 2: Don't come here with your sarcasm, Dallan, so you want to love you guys?
Speaker 1: Thank you so much? All right, bye, thank you bye. Jesus. Can we get someone from Instagram please? Thirteen one oh six five Instagram call for renow Jenna's on what's social geners on LinkedIn live or something? We've got another one, We've got two, We've got three. I think we got that. Okay, here here we go. All right, let's go to call number one. Hello, Hello, what's your name? Where you're from?
Speaker 9: I'm yes, Yes?
Speaker 1: What were you watching on?
Speaker 2: I was on TikTok amazing. Thanks for calling through, Jess. You're in Sydney, are you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was your latest video. That was my colman. Oh you're the one that watched my video in class as well?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you are one of literally hundreds of people that have told me that, am I in the curriculum or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: You must be. We learned it because we're learning about rural places.
Speaker 1: Yes, country.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you, Jess, how did the class react with They're like, oh, this is cringe. So they were like, okay, we get to watch love it.
Speaker 1: We loved it.
Speaker 11: Then you showed up with my for you page like a week later, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, it's missile and you were like, oh my god, it's way more foul these days because I didn't swear in that voging Gate video. That's the weirdest thing about it.
Speaker 1: Back in my day, we'd study Romulus, my father and Blade Runner man. That's what these kids get. This is trash. Anyway, thank you for calling Gabby. I don't remember her name. Her name is Jes Yes, yes, yes, yes. Do you listen to the podcast? Jess?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good amazing.
Speaker 2: I don't need I don't need to bully you into listening.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jess. I'm gonna let you go because we have one more. Thank you, Jess. What's it's your name or it's your suburb? Are you there is this? Rachel?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 11: Guys, I love you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you. What are you calling from? What social media? Did you find us on Instagram?
Speaker 2: There we go, We've got one on Instagram. We've done that, We've done the full sweep. Oh, for God's sake, I've just got a notification saying Jenna's gone live on what her own Instagram?
Speaker 1: On Pinterest?
Speaker 2: So where are you calling from?
Speaker 11: Newcastle?
Speaker 2: Newcastle? Newcastle girl?
Speaker 1: How are we getting fed to Newcastle and regional students?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 1: Like, what is the algorithm?
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 1: How long have you listened for Range?
Speaker 11: It's the very beginning, guys.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you didn't lose interest along the way.
Speaker 1: Thank god.
Speaker 11: I have to catch up today because I was but I've literally listened to the last two episodes today, So.
Speaker 2: Really to more than one episode in a day. To be honest, what's the most amount that you've listened to it?
Speaker 1: One go?
Speaker 11: I actually this is really sad. But when I went through ChRI to Foster, I went back and re listened to other old episodes, but probably like three hours.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh my god, that would have Will you sick of it's by the end? Surely?
Speaker 11: No, I'm actually husband to you guys as well.
Speaker 2: No way think.
Speaker 11: Well, you know he's just a big burly cloak and I think that he'll be into you guys. But he actually really liked you guys, so that's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have broad a peel. I mean, that's why we have Jennifer the Tits. So I'm just joking. That's why I'm here the Big Cup.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for listening and thank you for calling.
Speaker 11: That's all right, I'll get back onto Instagram. I can watch it.
Speaker 1: We love you say by.
Speaker 2: Wow, this was a success. Why is no one calling for me? I don't think you've explained it to your Instagram followers.
Speaker 1: Jenna hasn't done the sad this.
Speaker 2: Went live with no Podcast five and asked for.
Speaker 1: Me, Oh god, Live on Etsy well done. I'm very impressed with our followers. Thank you to Instagram. Everyone's saying hi, Hi high Hi three.
Speaker 2: I I don't like to try and you know, thrive off validation from other people. But my soul died in those fifty seconds when I thought that no one was going to call me too, Like my ego was like bang took such a hit?
Speaker 1: How's my ego? After everyone, I'm here for Mitchell Cooms's video. We put on the YouTube. Shut up, well, I'm on TikTok right now you are on TikTok and I'm on I'm on our stupid little live. We have one more. Let's end with this. Come on may as well. Hi name suburb Hi ho, Hi hoy, probably from Hobart.
Speaker 2: Oh didn't we speak to you a while ago? Yes, that's right, she's come back. Did the Red Ruth about to reach you?
Speaker 1: It did? What did you? Oh, you're kidding, we'll send it back in.
Speaker 2: It never occurred to me that there's no red Rooster in Tasmania.
Speaker 1: That's bullshit.
Speaker 2: And you can't even leave.
Speaker 1: What a shitty competition we run. But here's a prize that you can't use.
Speaker 2: And also, I don't think Corona. I'm pretty sure those vouchers expire in December and the porters are going.
Speaker 1: To open before they know they're not. We really fucked your over. Holy.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm so sorry, Holly.
Speaker 1: Sure, thanks for calling anyway, appreciate it. Who are you calling for? Which means his name a surname, Jenna? Well done. I'm not ending this bye, Holy until I get a cheery hi, name and suburb They're there? Name suburb?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 1: A name and suburb? Hey?
Speaker 2: Who's calling?
Speaker 1: Hello? Hello? Hello?
Speaker 2: Must be a U fan. They're not all there.
Speaker 1: That's finally I get what And they're not mentally stable? That's my demographic. All right, we need to get out of here. Thank you everyone for calling. What a great fan base I have.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, guys, and thanks to everyone and called in. We should do this more often.
Speaker 1: We should.
Speaker 2: All right, we better get out of here, guys, thanks so much for listening. We are approaching our one year annivers Thary May.
Speaker 1: I add I cannot believe that.
Speaker 2: I wonder if we should do anything special?
Speaker 1: What should we do? The first year anniversary is always something, and then we just give up after that, So we should celebrate somehow.
Speaker 2: I personally have never made it to a one year anniversary. So you tell me, what.
Speaker 12: Did you do?
Speaker 1: I'm no longer serving relationship obviously. Oh my god, sorry, just sort of hit.
Speaker 2: Me answered the question.
Speaker 1: Mine was very neat to know, it was very very sexual if you want to go, Oh, okay.
Speaker 2: So let's forget about that now.
Speaker 1: I'm just joking. It was a lot of gifts. What we went to America that was out we could do Oh my god, we could do our first ever on a location show.
Speaker 2: I don't think this is the culture.
Speaker 1: Why the people are dying around the world widely.
Speaker 2: Okay, well it's the thought that counts.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Why don't we all get each other presence? No bullshit?
Speaker 2: Why no your birthday soon? I've already got your presence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently it's in the building.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is in the building. Anyway, we're meant to be leaving.
Speaker 1: Now, I know. I'm giving you a present. Yet more on that than a bit. All right, we'll get out of here.
Speaker 10: Jennet.
Speaker 1: Was a pleasure having you, and thank you to everyone that called.
Speaker 2: I don't forget to join our Facebook group. It's called in Duran Idiots. Go look us up or follow us on TikTok at couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Very true. We will see you next week. Guys, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Catch it in bye bye?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a of you on your podcast app or follow on Spotify. Welcome to ad Do you believe this is our secret segment on the end? We keep it a secret because we go rogue. It's embarrassing. We don't stay on track at all, right, So for you hearing these, don't tell anyone. It's a secret.
Speaker 1: So it's also a radio first because activate it the radio a couple of weeks. It's a podcast first. We're a hybrid roum. Yes, oh, I never call hold on, we have one count I'll put it through. We may as well, yes please, we have the one last call. If this'd be the last last one before the line.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, you better close the lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Hello, what's your name? Where you're calling from?
Speaker 12: Hi, sus Brandon. I'm actually calling from California in the US.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, who are you calling for?
Speaker 12: Mitch and Mitch and Jenna?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, you're calling from the US. How did you manage that?
Speaker 12: I was on TikTok and I saw your lives. It's like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, did you have to work out the area code and the international country code?
Speaker 9: I did?
Speaker 12: I looked, I looked up. I was like, what's the Australian international number? I had to look it up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well, it's so good to have you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's wild cool.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 12: I can't believe I actually got on.
Speaker 2: This is crazy, this is cool going to all that. What was it, Brighton?
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brighton. Do you listen to the podcast? Are you just a tiktoka? No?
Speaker 12: I love the podcast all right. My partner and I are. We went to Australia in twenty eighteen. We visited Kansa and Sydney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we sort of fell in love with it.
Speaker 2: Oh would you ever come backcumstances?
Speaker 12: Exactly? Hopefully, I mean hopefully we'll be able to get back at some point. But I'm in UNI now. Oh my undergrad.
Speaker 2: You're an honorary Australian.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 12: I figured college isn't the right word because we normally just call it college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's what are you studying?
Speaker 12: Music education? I on to be a music teacher.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I love that she loves it. So there you got.
Speaker 12: Yeah, where about my whole family's in music?
Speaker 1: And oh where in California?
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 12: Central California? Not quite La, but not quite San Francisco.
Speaker 1: We're sort of like right in the middle Sacramento, Sacramento.
Speaker 12: No, south of that, it's called Bakersfield.
Speaker 1: You're in Napa. Are you need you need the fires currently? Because as bad wildfires as you would.
Speaker 12: Say, we are not, but we're sort of like covered in smoke, like at like noon outside it's like dark.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's what it's like.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you walk into his house and jus like, I'm not like a pork smokery. Everything's just smoke every anyway, bright, what a pleasure. Thank you so much for listening. Spread it to as many as many Americans as you can. Let's get the word out there.
Speaker 12: Oh I will, I absolutely will.
Speaker 2: I love you guys, right, and thank you for listening.
Speaker 12: Well, thanks for answering.
Speaker 1: That's fine. That delay is very talk back, isn't it just to have the sort of yeah, no, it's all good. Thank you for calling, buddy. We appreciate it. We'll see you on the socials. Bye bye, Brandon. Wait, question about California. Yeah, sorry, he would have got a kick out of it. Guy, he would have loved it. He would have loved it. He would have loved that. Oh god, he's not in the fires. He's not emotional at the moment.
Speaker 2: People listening for the first time in this episode are gonna be like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: So many, so many jokes.
Speaker 2: Now I need to say, no one call because at the time of record, it's just hit four o'clock. That's when Will and Woody are on Oh my god kiss radio show, and all the calls to thirty one or six five where you are get diverted to their studio.
Speaker 1: I can imagine it. Thirteen thirty one or six five. What's the rarest ushy you've got? Yeah, Hi, call for mintion, Jenny Hannah. No, they'll get the fucking wind tunnel. Bitch my god.
Speaker 2: Oh Brandon just commented on TikTok. I can't believe I just got sorry tunneled there you go. Didn't need something too? Oh god, Well, we've got to keep add brief, actually brief this time, because that was a long ass show. Yeah, we really getting through those callers.
Speaker 1: Goodness, man, what a sweet, sweet boy.
Speaker 2: I know how cute.
Speaker 1: We've done a lot of shit in this podcast, this episode. I really think we need to just bring it back and Mitch. You know, actually, for people who listen to the podcast, who also watch our Sunday Night Lives, you'll know that I revealed my present to you, Mitchell for your birthday.
Speaker 2: You did. Oh fuck, it's only like two months late, but that's there, aren't.
Speaker 1: Oh when was your birthday?
Speaker 2: July twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very sorry. So let's get some happy birthday. I've got your present here, these minions. What is this? What is that?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's not get rid of it. I got you a gift I ought. Now here's the story. Actually went to tee the story because I want people to know that I ordered, well in advance a gift for you for your birthday because I knew you loved Gaga. I mean, we all one look at him, CHROMATICA and Hayden. My partner was like, I'm gonna buy a Chromatic emerg Do you want anything, and I'll looking, oh, anything, and then I'm like, oh my god, the pillow perfect for Mitch's house. He loves Gaga. Let's order it together. Hater was ordering a jock strap, some a jock strap. Yeah, I was very against it, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Why I feel like that would the view as well? Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, but here has too. You don't need a third jock strap. It's like a PlayStation.
Speaker 2: What a fucking you're such a for onet for better word, you're such a dad.
Speaker 1: We have got one and you don't need to wake for money on another I know he said that. Today's like, do you need a soda stream? I'm like, where do we have the space? I'm like, shit, I'd actually love a soda stream? What am I saying? So I lought you the pillow, then Lady Gaga, the California wildfires or something a factory burnt down or something happened.
Speaker 2: So Jah Hayden didn't get the jock strap.
Speaker 1: By I didn't get the jock strap on a time he'll like to use one of the twelve he's got. And I didn't get the pillow for you, and then your birthday hadn't come about, and I had to buy you another present. Now here I have for you, Mitchell.
Speaker 2: I am quite excited about this because, like you said, you did reveal to me what it is, and I'm like, oh, bitch, this could change everything.
Speaker 1: You didn't get to wrap it.
Speaker 2: So it's in a light and easy styrophone bob oh, is that what the hell that was? I thought you were on a diet A third in hindsight another day. Okay, so it's a it's a you haven't said to listeners who don't actually know what it is that weren't watching our Instagram live.
Speaker 1: Very true. It is a weighted anxiety blanket.
Speaker 2: Now. My mother said to me a while ago, I should I should look into getting you one of those weighted anxiety blankets that you see on the TV. And I had, like my fingers crossed that she was actually going to get it, and then never did. I've just been curious. I see the ads on Instagram.
Speaker 1: And shit me too, honestly all the time.
Speaker 2: Now, it's not as heavy as though it would be.
Speaker 1: No, it's based on your weight. Now, I just had to assume.
Speaker 2: Oh jesus, what did you withsume my weight?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I was I was generous. I went under. I did one hundred and ten.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now what do you actually think I want?
Speaker 1: I think I did seventy five?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is that accurate?
Speaker 2: I'm sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Oh, hey, so this is based on your weight, because apparently I was watching YouTube videos. If you get the heavy ones, you can you can kill yourself.
Speaker 2: Really, I saw that, Yeah, don't sleep, you don't.
Speaker 1: Them because they crushed, and then I wanted to get off of myself. You're like, sorry, we physically can't put that much metal into a blanket. You are that fat just to lose weight and buy a small one.
Speaker 2: Hang on, have a look.
Speaker 1: It's in a beautiful killed me.
Speaker 2: It's no that that's for your body, But why can't I sleep with it?
Speaker 1: No, you can sleep with that, but someone who's forty kilos would die underneath that blanket. All right, hold on, let me just let me. Let's jenner. Let's force an anxiety attack. Okay, I can't do the next episode because it's my grandma's birthday.
Speaker 2: So you know the deal with anxiety that I'm just kind of perpetually anxious. You don't need to you don't need to force anything.
Speaker 1: He's constantly anxious. Guy.
Speaker 5: It looks nice.
Speaker 2: It really isn't noticeably heavy. No, Like I feel like I feel like it is and I just don't notice. But like after a while you'll be like, oh, this is quite nice.
Speaker 1: Let me have a look.
Speaker 2: Actually, now that I've been sitting with it for a while, it's started. I'm noticing my knees have like pressure on them. But it's not like a bad pressure.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I know it's weighted.
Speaker 2: Seam COVID safe to me, but sure it just fucking rip my blanket off me.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I'm going near your crush.
Speaker 2: You can just take it off. I think you're both molesting me. It's really weird.
Speaker 1: Now you know what if you wrap yourself in that on your couch and in bed the benefit Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually I actually can't see myself sleeping, and it's it's starting to get I feel like it's getting heavy on.
Speaker 1: Why did you put it over your shoulders? Like Harry Potter and the Invisible Cloak Vibe. Harry Potter fans will love that one. It's a it's a coral color, it's like pink, and it's quilted.
Speaker 2: It's very nice.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what you're meant to do. That's what all the women who are crying in the ads. Yes, do they wrap themselves in it? How do you feel?
Speaker 2: Fine? It's quite yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: It's meant to simulate, because when you're anxious, apparently, if you have you hug someone and someone's sort of caressing, you're saying it's okay, that can bring your anxiety levels down. And this is meant to simulate a warm hug, right.
Speaker 2: And so much like it's nice to go to bed snuggling someone, you don't fucking say, snuggling all night. Yes, so I'm not gonna sleep with it.
Speaker 1: Maybe you'll kick it off subconsciously. Happy birthday, Thank you, thank you very much. Just I'll have you know that we bought you that generally brought you the cookies that said sir, you're a killer friend. That was an accident, but the printing and the taser and the taser of course, so you know. And my birthday two weeks time, I'll have you know, sir.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, I know, I'm prepared. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: Twenty fifth Big one.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Why are you going to kill me on my birthday?
Speaker 2: I just feel like it's something that like it is me kind of I don't know if you'll like it. He is kind of me pushing my agenda on you. It's something that I feel that you need.
Speaker 1: Don't get me a cat.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not getting you a cat.
Speaker 1: If you've got me a gym membership, I won't you.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not getting you fucking gym membership.
Speaker 1: Done baill. If you've got me a yoga mat at home.
Speaker 2: No, no I didn't.
Speaker 1: It's going to be some sort of pilate things.
Speaker 2: No, it's going to be you got you a strech belt.
Speaker 1: Those idiots have got the big piece of light silicon in their bedroom and it's got.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've got four of those.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you do. Yeah, I don't need one. Like I said, I can't even fit a sod the street on my benchtop in the kitchen, let alone a stretchy strat.
Speaker 2: Are you regretting the size of the house you've moved into.
Speaker 1: It's just small, but it's just small for the shit that I want. I want everything. Like today, PlayStation five dropped. Hey, I've pre ordered it. I don't need it, I want it. I just want everything. The new Apple Watch came out two days ago. I bought one. I have an Apple Watch. Why so I want the new one?
Speaker 2: Can I have your old one?
Speaker 1: Sold? It already seven hundred dollars marked out? Oh wow, Yeah, I'm not a great deal. Anyway. The moral of the story is, I hope you don't get me a cat or a gym stretch.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand Apple watches because I think I've said this before, but you, of all people, are the hardest to get a hold of, and so like you're literally wearing your notifications around your wrist. You've got no excuse.
Speaker 1: I'm actively avoiding you.
Speaker 2: That that's all I know. That's the thing. It's like it's embarrassing because now I know that at least you can like you've been robbed of that old excuse of oh sorry, I left my phone in my room on chime.
Speaker 1: But also like I just say it's dead. It's what's got the worst battery life? Yeah, all the time. It doesn't as great, but.
Speaker 2: There it goes your Apple brand membership, your brand deal with Apple, the worst.
Speaker 1: Battery Got someone I follow's got a brand deal with Apple? How the get Yeah? I won't tell you?
Speaker 2: Did I tell you you? Now? I've joined an agency influence, the agency.
Speaker 1: Jack Frost Management. What's it called again, the Arctic below zero or something?
Speaker 2: Did I tell you who? My first brand deals with?
Speaker 1: Oh? My god?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 2: And I'm thrilled about it because I don't even have to pretend to like the candle. I already use the product real I don't.
Speaker 1: Actually I've never used that, but I've actually been interested recently. Sorry, that's I've seen what tiktoks and I wanted to write that down. Please don't buy me.
Speaker 2: My first brand deal is with Tinder Ironic iron.
Speaker 1: What's what's the campaign? Let's get people that don't have success on the app to film videos.
Speaker 2: Excuse the fuck you.
Speaker 1: You've been the first to say you don't do well on Tinder.
Speaker 2: No, I've done very well on Tinder. I've met a lot of people on Tinder. I just end up like for one reason or another, like you would when you're dating in the real world and not on a dating app. But things just don't work out.
Speaker 10: True.
Speaker 1: Also, you've given me your phone. I've sent them voice recordings of cops. Now with grind Grind, what do you have to do?
Speaker 2: What's the campaign mentioned arrival when we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about Oh yeah, it's not my brand, it's all right, Jack Frost. So what do you have to do for Tinder?
Speaker 2: Oh? Just a couple of tea talk things and stories and stuff. But yeah, I already used the app. I actually have it. Did you know that Tinder is there's a website like Tinder dot com and there's a button on there called I knew this before the fucking brand deal. By the way, Like, I'm flogging this free your charge.
Speaker 1: I don't send me the brief. I'm across it all.
Speaker 2: Go on there right now. You've got a deaktop in front of you. Tinder dot Com. You'll have to log in.
Speaker 1: I don't have an account.
Speaker 2: Fuck me, just come around in my fled Oh.
Speaker 1: No, look on its phone number. What's your phone number?
Speaker 2: No, just come around here. I don't want to get up, all right, So I'm on Tinder dot com right and here I am just swiping away being a thirsty bitch. And then the boss comes and you're like, oh fuck, you press work mode and it turns it into a spreadsheet.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it.
Speaker 2: Just instantly that you press work mode and it just turns the button into a spreadsheet, so it looks like you're working on important ship. And then you just be like going back to being a filthy.
Speaker 1: Hor That is so funny.
Speaker 2: Super hello, Oh the boss is hit work mode? Go back to Jared No we're not doing no, no, no.
Speaker 1: He's got a cut on his shoulder. For god, No one friend here.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Yeah, Tinder dot com work mode, very very useful.
Speaker 1: Cassie, is that krembl lte ready? Why are you on a spreadsheet meetings?
Speaker 2: You're seventeen, but I feel like she'd be on her phone on the normal Tinder.
Speaker 1: App, Yeah for sure. Is that on the app too or just desktoped?
Speaker 2: No, it's the desktop version because that's where you'd be probably looking at meeting notes.
Speaker 1: We'll tease and Caesar pie guys. Interesting. Well, congratulations on the brand deal. I'm proud of you. Thanks. If it's anything like my brand deal will go up in flames and you'll be almost sued by a massive.
Speaker 2: Corporation almost food.
Speaker 1: Oh Vision Personal Training. Weren't happy about the whole forty five thing.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's right. You mentioned it was. I wasn't their forty five, it was Plus Fitness. Yeah, because you were talking about me, Yeah, I was. I cost you your brand deal.
Speaker 1: No, and I also mentionined forty five previously because I had a warning. That's why they come wrong with you. I had a warning. It's not it's I don't want to go on.
Speaker 2: What about the Emirates and Etty Hat, Well, that's.
Speaker 1: A different thing. No, we can't get into that. That's no one that cares about that. Oh my god, we just got wine. I just realized the button was off. So we've been getting them for the last couple of moles, Live Toy and Rashiana. She's yelling about something. I don't even want to read it. Can you believe she's loved another one Tinder can't wait to work with at Mitch. They tagged the wrong Mitch. I'll take it, guys us tweet will be I can't like, I'm so proud to have joined at hinge.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, Well it's a shame because you can't really you can't really advertise Hinder because you're in a relationship. But having said that, you're a Tinder success story. You still of his university, furiously swiping hoping to find him because you were out obsessed with him.
Speaker 1: I racked up nineteen hundred dollars in toll fees. He's driving under the harbor, breegetraning to fucking get him on Tinder. This is where sit just under the water. I didn't realize brought to you by Tinder.
Speaker 2: Don't swipe and drive.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, you didn't. It did work for me. It really did work for me. Tinder actually gave us our first conversation ever.
Speaker 2: There you go, and now two years later, happy, you've got nothing left to say?
Speaker 1: No, very true. We fight out a start of streams. Anyway, Well, congratulations, So I've got Jack Frost is getting your work.
Speaker 2: What's the Jack Frost thing? I don't get it, very Jigon's both understanding his Arctic.
Speaker 1: Arctic just frozen.
Speaker 2: Oh but if Arctic with a k as in TikTok tick.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have to work out some watch jokes. How's mister rolls gren father clock? Oh my god, guess who that is?
Speaker 2: Who a Kanye West ran again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna have to do with us. It just came through a wrong server apparently, en w D forty.
Speaker 2: That fucking of your the squeak is getting to become a real problem. Can you just move around your mic?
Speaker 1: I've got Glen twenty.
Speaker 2: Glen twenty is not gonna help. Just move the around the mic.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a witchy poo read what that sounds eerily similar to I just moved my mic. Hold on I'm just opening the lines now. Now I forgot if I thought we should just in case anyone there. No one's there, No one's there.
Speaker 2: We've taken like fourteen phone calls. If the episode close the line, what's that someone's on with.
Speaker 13: Your turn to do an all time in narration.
Speaker 9: There are a few things that all boys and.
Speaker 2: Girls should anyway, we should get out of here.
Speaker 1: We should happy birthday again. I'm sorry it took so long.
Speaker 5: No, not at all, and.
Speaker 1: Please report back on how it goes. And don't put on Isabelle. The poor thing will die.
Speaker 2: True that it should be crushed if she imagine if she.
Speaker 1: You're out, she goes, oh, a nice little blanket in my house and walks up and goes, oh, I'm go to curl myself up and curls up in it.
Speaker 5: Oh dead.
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 2: Why does that always come back to animal cruelty with you?
Speaker 1: It's been six weeks without an animal cruelty reference, like a fucking boomerang.
Speaker 2: Now I'm back again. I threw it out, very true, keep coming back, all right, We're.
Speaker 1: Back next week, episode forty one. An ego. It's the windows. Open up the window, Jenna shut the window. There's nighttime here in Australia, it's off because it's nighttime anyway. Sorry, Oh anyways, been a pleasure episode. What episode next week?
Speaker 2: Can you count? What are we in now?
Speaker 1: Forty? The next week will be forty one?
Speaker 2: No, obviously not.
Speaker 1: Back next week. That's all I need to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looking forward to it. Don't forget Sunday night Instagram Live correct.
Speaker 1: Also leave us a goddamn review please. We said this last week and we've got a couple more, but we need to get to two hundred review reviews.
Speaker 2: We have actually been getting a couple more, It's been a while since I've read them out, so maybe next week is the week. Don't leave it now if you want to get a shout out on next week's podcast.
Speaker 1: G exactly right. We'll talk to you in a bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, can't wait see you se bite such
Speaker 1: A reticulato tho cons spectation