Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Sophie Torber and coming up on today's show, Sophie Gwidlin's secret marriage appears to be over aspen Ovard breaks her silence on her divorce, Martha Califortitas and Michael Brunelli's big announcement, And have things turned sour between Mia Plassic and a Chapel Street bridal boutique. But first, over the weekend, Justin and Hailey Bieber announced the arrival of their baby boy, and they're receiving a lot of praise for the name. Maybe Yeah. I was really shocked when I saw this name drop because listeners of the podcast will know that Kate recently gave birth to her beautiful son Jack, and the Beebers have copied Kate's name. Look, Kate has started something. He can she take claim for that? Because I know Jack is a popular name. It's probably it's in the top Australian names. Yes, but I did not think that a celebrity of this nature would call their kids such a normal name. Well, it's a very traditional name. I thought they were going to go with something weird. His middle name is blue, so I think that's the celebrity aspect of the name. But this is a family name for Justin Bieber because his dad's middle name is Jack and a fun fact, all of the Bieber's have the initials JB. So of course Justin Bieber his dad Jeremy Bieber. He's got a half sister called Jasmine Bieber and also a half brother called Jackson Bieber. I think women always have a good argument when picking names, because if it's traditional and the child is receiving the father's last name, I think that the mother should then have say over what the middle name and first name is because they're already getting that family name that's him built. But in this case, Haley didn't seem to get eib.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, it's been a hot minute since I've been on TikTok, but I'm relaunching myself.
Speaker 1: Rumors are swirling that things may have turned sour between controversial slickstick owner Mia Pleasik and a Chapel Street bridal boutique. The divisive influencer has allegedly been shopping around for wedding sponsors since getting engaged in March last year. Amy, before we get into it, for any new listeners, who is Mia Well. Mia is a serial entrepreneur who currently runs a beauty brand called Slick Hair, and she first came onto the influencing scene back in twenty seventeen when she was beauty influencer Michael Finch's manager, and it's rumored they had a huge falling out. Now during the pandemic, she came to our attention when she started supporting and attending anti lockdown protests, and during this time she allegedly shared on her Instagram account that she had planned to find a black market doctor to sign a COVID passport for her. So she has been very controversial over the years. Doesn't that time just feel like so long ago? Feels like a nightmare? Well, I keep seeing this TikTok that says in just over four months time, twenty twenty will have been five years ago, and that blows my mind. That is crazy. Now. She also received backlash a few years ago for conflating abortion rights with the Victorian government's COVID lockdown and vaccine mandates. Now Justin and Mia got engaged in Italy in March last year and for a bit of background on Justin. He ran as a candidate for Clive Palmer's United Party, and this year he faced criticism after Mia uploaded a video of him pulling their dog Maple away from a dog park by her ear. Now, at the time, Mia said Maple is the most rough, destructive dog. A little lead of the year. Doesn't hurt her. Trust me, I'd kill Justin or anyone if they hurt my girls. Well, now that we're up to speed, Sophie, what is fanning these rumors?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: On June first, Mia announced that work had begun on her wedding gown, so she shared an Instagram story showing a seamstress working on her dress. Now, it appears that the dress has been custom made because the seamstress was working on a calico corset. So she wrote the first prototype type of my wedding gown and tag Champrey Crituur in the story, but didn't specify if this was a gifted or paid partnership. Now, generally when an influencer tags a brand, it is because there is some sort of partnership agreement involved. In this case, I'm guessing it's a contrad deal. So maybe the bridle store has gifted her this gown or is loaning it out to her in exchange for exposure on her wedding day. Now the branded question, as I said, is Champrey Cutuur, which is a bridal boutique on Chapel Street which makes custom made gowns as well as ready to wear gowns. Now they have over thirty seven thousand followers on Instagram and I have to say that designs are absolutely stunning. Now, what was a little unusual is that on the fifth of August, Mia posted that she and her family were jetting off to Santra Pe in business class of course, to embark on their European holiday ahead of their wedding in Italy. And this was very curious timing as it's only three months after she started having her gown designed. So that's cutting it very fine, because most dresses would around a year to deaygether. They usually recommend ten to twelve months. So it seems very strange to start having a custom gown made in June if your wedding is in September, particularly if you're leaving more than a month out from your wedding, and because generally they'll be fittings, particularly if it's a custom gown, So this designer must have been working around the clock to get this gown completed in time. Well, word on the street is that Mia has allegedly been shopping around for wedding sponsorship deals ever since she got engaged. So I wonder if she struggled to find a wedding dress designer who would actually give her a gown, and that's why she's left it so late, Yeah, because she doesn't have a great reputation, particularly in Melbourne. Now, last week, Mia celebrated her bridal shower with three friends at the Ritz in London, and she was joined by Melanie James, who is married to Blair James, who recently sold Bondi Sands for four hundred and fifty million dollars now. She called it the bridal shower of her dreams and showed us enjoying a high tea with her friends. Is it just me or does this kind of celebration seem almost a little bit choogy because the way Mia Pleasic posts, it's like she's back in twenty twelve and she's just bragging so much about having money, when in reality, I don't know if she's as wealthy as she makes out. Well, she is one of those influencers who looks like brand names have vomited on her. But as we have discussed in previous episodes, most of her designer gear is fake and she has openly spoken about that. Now, what's got a lot of tongues wagging is since posting about her bridal shower and her lavish couple of weeks in Europe, Shamprey Criture is no longer following Mia Pleassic and this has led to a lot of speculation that perhaps things have turned sour with this partnership and maybe Mia isn't upholding her side of the contra deal, so we will have to watch this space. Well, it is a really strong message to unfollow someone, so more must be brewing behind the scenes. I'm just interested to see in the next few weeks if Mia ends up wearing a Shamprey Criture on to her wedding. Yeah, well, we have to wait for a couple of weeks to find out. But doesn't have a good track record of upholding her side of contrad deals, so a few years ago she was called out by a floris called bloom Squad Melbourne for allegedly demanding free flowers in exchange for sponsored posts. Now remember this. Yeah, so she held a very instagrammable thirtieth birthday party, so there were huge balloon installations, She had a life size illustration of herself on a media world I mean, as you do at your own party. Sure, she had custom biscuits, of bar, dessert tables, even a live illustrator. And the theme was Capri for a Day, which is quite interesting because she is holding her wedding in Italy and she enlisted the help of many vendors to make this extravagant party a reality. And she ended up sharing a post about the party, but she failed to properly acknowledge any of the vendors that are jumped on board as partners, and this led bloom Squad Melbourne to write under the post, were you planning on thanking the small business who worked for free at your party? A week later, after a lot of back and forth, Mia then begrudgingly posted a photo of the flowers and tagged the flores. I want to point out that it was a fairly average post as well. It was just a photo that had been snapped with an iPhone and the caption was pretty subpar. It wasn't very glowing about the florest. I mean, you'd think if this small brand had gifted you a stunning display of flowers, maybe you could do a walk through video explaining what you'd been given and actually give the small business some exposure, particularly because this was around the time of the pandemic when a lot of florists were losing work because no weddings were on. There weren't many events. I just it's interesting to me that Mia acts as if she's got so much money, but then yet everything at these events seemed to be gifted. Yeah, exactly. It's like she's I mean, she's now friends with this Melanie from Bondi Sans who legitimately is a multi millionaire, so she seems to have to try and keep up appearances. Now back to this story about her theird. The florist ended up re sharing the photo that Mia had shared and roade. Only took a week, but we managed to finally get a tag out of her, even though it was her bright idea, hope you enjoyed your free flowers. Safe to say she is not part of out squad what a burn. I think sometimes these influencers forget what a huge thing this is for some small businesses to not only donate their goods, but it's also their time. Yeah, because they're taking time away from other clients that they could be working with and then potentially building on their business and making more money. Well, the florist also alleged that a number of their vases got smashed at this party, so it's really not a good look for me. I just really wonder how many vendors are going to come out of the woodwork following this wedding, because there really does seem to be a bigger story brewing here, So I would keep an eye out on it. Where do I start?
Speaker 3: It's been a roller.
Speaker 1: Coaster fitness influencers. Sophie Whitland's secret marriage to fitness coach Nicholas White appears to be over just four months after flashing their wedding bands on social media. The pair have now unfollowed each other. Now we say they flashed their wedding bands, but they also flashed us the finger around this time as well, because we had a bit of a run in with the pair. Well, we will get into that, but I want to get listeners up to speed. With their relationship timeline, because this has all happened very quickly. So Sophie and Nicholas first appeared publicly together in December last year during a holiday to the mid North Coast. Now, Nicholas is a Gold Coast personal trainer who runs Buffalo Tribe programming. That sounds like a fake name, Buffalo Tribe. It doesn't really roll off the tongue, doesn't.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: They kept their relationship low profile until Nicholas started appearing in Sophie's YouTube videos at the start of April, and if we remember Amy, he was seen bringing her flowers after her breast explant surgery. Isn't this in the same YouTube video where Sophie just drops, oh this is my husband and the internet freaked out. Oh so it was a subsequent video, so she was showing off her body building trophies and then casually referred to him as her husband. Let's throw to what she said, do you mind I can put your name on it. You could have best husband of the Year twenty twenty four. There was a lot of breadcrumbing going on on Instagram as well, so Sophia and Nicholas both started wearing wedding bands in their Instagram stories, and at the time, Amber from Influencer Updates was reporting that acquaintances of Nicholas had reached out to her to say the couple got married overseas. There's lots of spies, aren't there. Now. We covered this story back in April, amy As You touched On, which led Sophie to block our accounts and also make a bizarre rant about our segment and the general public speculating about this marriage. Now, I want to point out that in the segment, all we did was report on the information that she and Nicholas chose to point out. So she wrote, Oh the irony of the bullshit that is social media when you have no idea what someone is going through. Yet, Peel, you have the right to say your opinion on a story that you know nothing about. She then directed this at her haters, saying, judge your way. Just make sure your glass house is clean and your husband isn't one of the ones in my dms, followed by vomit spaces. Now, this was accompanied by a hospital selfie. Now, things didn't end there, because underneath a clip of us promoting the episode, her husband Nicholas will suspected husband Nicholas wrote, must be nice having nothing better to do with your life. And we chose to respond to this because I am so sick of women's businesses being downplayed and belittled by people like this, so we wrote, it's true our podcast does take up a lot of our lives, seeing as it's one of the multiple businesses we run. Sorry, it makes me laugh because I know it. Kate wrote this, I suppose you have to put the hard work into crack ten million streams. We love what we do and think it's important to analyze influencer culture. We're not sure why you're so upset over us discussing information your partners so willingly shared what a burn. I miss Kate being involved in some of the back and forth with influences, but she will be vaccimate well. Last week, the rumor mill went into overdrive when Sophie and Nicholas both unfollowed each other. Now this wasn't only in their own names, but they also made sure to unfollow one another on their business profile, so the Buffalo Fitness page got an unfollow. Now, Nick, who's account has been private since the secret wedding rumors surfaced, has also now made his account public, and many people are wondering if this is because he wants to share his side of events with Sophie's followers and the general public. It seems very similar to when her marriage broke down only last year with doctor Andrew and his sister went rogue and started releasing all this information about Sophie that didn't paint her in a very glowing life. So it seems to have this effect on people, doesn't she And she has been appearing on her Instagram stories without her ring. Yes. Now, if this this is true and the couple are in fact married, this is sadly her fourth marriage breakdown, and it comes less than eighteen months after she ended her marriage to Gold Coast dentist doctor Andrew. Now, their marriage only lasted four months and they separated after their daughter Pixi was delivered stillborn. Now you might be wondering who else was she married to. So her first marriage took place when she was very young, so she grew up as a Jehovah's witness which might surprise some listeners. And her next marriage was to Nathan Wallace in two thousand and five, who she shared a lot about on her Instagram stories. He is the father to a couple of her children. I've never understood why so many influences seem to rush into marriage, particularly when so many of them have had such a string of failed marriage. But you would think that you might be a bit hesitant when it's fourth time round. And I mean, we don't know the ins and outs of this. She might be a real optimist, but I just don't understand the need to actually get married because it just makes things so difficult financially. The thing it just had been a complete headfuck. And this story has been picked up by the mainstream media, so The Daily Mail reached out to Sophie for a comment, but she has declined to share any details with the publication. She is currently back in hospital, though with a mystery condition. She wrote on Instagram, thank you for the beautiful messages. I've taken some time offline to recharge after a recent hospital stay. I'm back home now on the mend and looking forward to getting back into it now. This would be a very difficult time for her. We will have to keep an eye on Nick's social media account though, to see if he spills the beans on what has actually gone down. You never know, he might suddenly reach out to us and dm us. Yes, it's not the first time this has happened. It's going to try and.
Speaker 3: Be a little.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be more demure. American YouTuber Aspen over It has broken her silence for months after filing for divorce from her husband, Parkert Ferris. The divorce news shocked Aspen's followers back in April, as it coincided with the YouTuber announcing the birth of the couple's third child, now Amy. A lot of people have been waiting for Aspen to respond to the media report about her marriage breakdown because she didn't actually break this news herself. It started gaining momentum on gossip forums until US media broke this story. Yeah, there has been a lot of interest in this story because Aspen has over two million followers on Instagram and also on YouTube. So for background, Aspen is an og beauty influencer who now shares family of log style content. So she's been on YouTube for over a decade and married Parker when she was nineteen. What makes this story even more intriguing is that both Aspen and Parker are practicing Mormons from Utah. A lot of people were hoping that Aspen would do a sit down, Q and A on a YouTube about the divorce, but she's opted to touch in it on TikTok. Yeah. So she used the current demure trend to address why she hasn't publicly talked about the divorce online, and she entitled the video soft launch Now if you haven't heard of the demure trend. It was made popular by TikTok at Jules Lebron after she shared a video of her describing how she gets ready for work in a demure way. Now, this time is all about being cutesy, clean and mindful, and it's about not drawing attention to yourself with an emphasis on being productive and navigating your life with quiet confidence. So it is kind of tongue in cheeks. Some people will use it as a bit of a joke. Let's have a listen to what Aspen said.
Speaker 3: You see how I don't talk about my divorce online. Very demure, very mindful. You see how I considered my children and how it would affect them to have their family's personal information shared all over the internet. Very smart, very good mom. You see how those magazines and websites wrote articles sharing personal information that I hadn't shared yet when I had just given birth to a premature.
Speaker 1: Baby who was in Nico.
Speaker 3: Very trashy, very tacky. See how I will continue to stay unbothered and not share anything to protect my peace? Very demuror, very mindful, very cutesy, very peaceful.
Speaker 1: Now This video has clocked up over twenty two point nine million views at the time of recording. A day later, she shared a video of her pretending to type vigorously on the computer, alongside the caption ME reading every single comment and DM to see if anyone has confessed to secretly having a crush on me over the years and is interested now I'm single. This also clocked up over a million views. A few hours later, she also shared a video of herself holding her daughter in her car with the caption me in twenty years when I get paid ten million dollars to do a Tello and she mined to this clip part thirty seven. Who the fuck did I Mary? So? At this point in time, I have filed for divorce, She captured the TikTok. I'm not going to share details, but I am gonna make jokes. Well, please share the details. You can't just bread crumb us like this. We need to know what has gone on, and we're not going to care in twenty years time. We want to know now. I think it's a clever way for her to address the rumors without really having to touch on them too deeply, because she's been able to confirm to the world that she is single, but she's also basically said, what the fuck was this guy? There's more to the story though, one hundred percent as more to the story. If Molly May pulls this shit, I will be so fucking unhappy. I think it's kind of classy, though, because she's been able to say, look, my husband obviously has done me wrong, but I'm too demil I'm too classy to talk about that. In reality, she I don't like this because she's a YouTuber. She has shared herself giving birth. We know all the ins and outs. We can't be there for all of the good times and then not be let in on the bad times. I think we deserve to know what's gone to. That's the only thing I worry about. Because these clips are a bit of a tease for her devoted followers, and we've spoken about before how some fans will then turn against that YouTuber that they love and they'll start it creative. Yeah, and I think there's a lot of that going online right. I think this will be a real problem for her, particularly when you look at the fact that a fan came across Aspen's divorce papers. This is how it all came out. A fan posted it on Reddit and that's where the media picked up on it. Well, they're going to find out what's happened, is it these followers?
Speaker 2: One way or another, I fix this so the angle isn't so shocking and I don't look like Lord Farquha.
Speaker 1: Martha calor Fetitis and Michael Brunelli have announced they're starting a new family series with Martha's mum, Mary So. Mary appeared on Big Brother back in twenty twenty one, and she has been a constant feature on both Michael and Martha's social channels since the couple moved back into Martha's parents' home in twenty twenty three. I think that Mary is the real reason that Martha and Michael are still so relevant, because she just adds so much to their content. She is so funny and brutal. Honest, Well, I would argue that she's becoming more popular than Michael and Martha because her one liners are hilarious. She's become a TikTok sensation and followers have been calling on the family to have their own reality show, So watch out, hembros. I mean that series has never aired. Could we see a calif Titis family reality show in the world. Well, I suppose all three of them have proven that they're popular on free to air reality show, so it wouldn't be that difficult to get it potentially across the line. Well, for a moment, followers actually thought that the couple were announcing that they had a reality program because they shared this teaser reel on Instagram and it was announcing a new project called The Morning Roast. So the promo began with followers comments popping up on the screen, which we're all saying, we want to see you on a reality show, and then the real showed highlights of Martha and Michael's TikTok accounts, as well as vision of the trio taking part in a photo shoot in their pajamas and they were all seen sipping coffee. The video then finished with a series logo, which is a character of Martha, Mary and Michael. Now there was a lot of confusion around whether this was a podcast announcement or if they were starting their own YouTube series, because Michael Martha have been involved in co hosting podcasts in the past, and I actually thoroughly enjoyed, in particular Michael's show. He was a natural on there, he spoke really well. He was partnered up with Josh from Love Island, and Josh has now gone on to do the show with someone else, Love Island. Get Cassidy who used to be on Love Island. Yeah, I haven't listened to it since Michael has left, but just back to this teaser. So fans were really excited. They all started following this new Instagram account. It's got nineteen thousand followers already, and on their Instagram stories they asked fans to send them questions, saying nothing is off limits. So this made me think, oh, well, this is clearly a podcast. But on Saturday afternoon, Martha, Michael and Mary did a live on Instagram, sharing a forty five minute video and it was quite funny because normally when people start lives, they talk to the camera and they explain what they're doing, but there was none of this. It was very much like their TikTok videos they put out. It was literally like you were a fly on the wall just watching all their interactions. But Martha put fans out of their misery around fifteen minutes in when she confirmed what fans could expect from this new project. Let's have a listen. It's not a podcast.
Speaker 2: It's a vodcast, which is a video, but it will have audio as well, so YouTube you'll be able to watch on you And look, we're aiming to do it like morning, like every morning, but it's probably oh we've changed that obviously, meeting three morning, three mornings a week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. We're going to be posting.
Speaker 1: So this is basically a podcast, but you can also watch it on YouTube. Well it's a video podcast on YouTube. I've never heard of a vodcast before. Well, everyone's saying that video podcasts are the biggest, greatest thing that's happening right now, Like every podcast is on video, which I actually hate. Like, the best thing about having a podcast is being able to wear really daggy clothes and not worrying about what you look like. I bring you up today, Amy is that I cannot film today. I just was not feeling it so you were literally sitting here in a matching gray Well, I don't even think that the grays are matching, but a matching gray tracksuit. Well, I saw Alex Cooper from Caller Daddy and all she wears is matching tracksuits. Don't not as nice as hers. I don't know. You've got Caller Daddy vibes going on at the moment, but lazy Bumvie lazy vibes. Well, this is gonna be a lot of work for them though, three video podcasts a week. I love that. Martha just dropped, Oh, aren't we doing it every day? Do you think that there's a team backing this or is this being independently run by then? Well, I'm not sure. They haven't confirmed if a team is involved. They did keep referencing meetings that they'd been involved in, which imply maybe there is someone else involved. But Michael was setting everything up, so he was setting up lights. The light nearly fell on Matha twice, which she wasn't happy about. And he was also handing out microphones during this live, so I wonder if he will actually be filming a lot of this content. Sounds like it's going to be chaotic, but I will be tuning in because I think that they have a great dynamic in chemistry together. Yeah, I really like them. And just lastly, a little bit of goss. Some followers thought that during this live Martha had accidentally let slip that she and Michael had secretly married so many secret marriages. In this episode, Amy well, because she said in the video, I'm regretting that I married you. However, Michael quickly responded, well, we've been engaged for seven years because I'm still trying to work out whether I want to go through with it. Well, I think that's all we've got time for today. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of Outspoken, and thank you so much to some of the kind people who ended up leaving some really positive reviews. Thank you so much for doing that. We really appreciate it. And if you would like to follow us on Instagram and on TikTok, we're it Outspoken Underscore the Underscore Podcast. You can also follow Sophie and I on Instagram. This episode was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Plains. We pay respect to elders past and present,