Speaker 1: Here he is live from some god forsaken European nation. Ladies and gentlemen, please give a big good and talk. Two bars is down at Pable.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, don't care, don't care, not a dunker.
Speaker 3: Anymore, because I'm in Barcelona right now as we speak.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of Germany, but not not sort of not really have.
Speaker 1: You been noticing my names all over the place in Barcelona? There's a lot of Goldie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of the toilet doors cool called Goldie for a good time, for a good time, this whole.
Speaker 1: There's some hot little Bucklovar called me. Now, pot off the heels of the Munich Motor Show. You've landed in Barcelona. What a cute little stopover.
Speaker 3: So we're over here driving some Cupas which is a home of the home of Kupra, the startup and I use that in inverted commas from Volkswagen.
Speaker 1: We'll get we'll get to them real soon because I've been loving what they've been showing off at the motor show. It's looked really cool. But tell me about you. Tell me about the week that's been apart from cars, what's been going on?
Speaker 3: Well, look, the interesting thing with the motor show. It used to be that you would go to one of these motor shows and there would be a stand from every car manufacturer inside the motor show. It's been two days walking around doing twenty thirty thousand steps a day getting between all the things and all the interviews and whatever. But now it's totally different. So what they're now doing is they use the actual trade hall, which is the main sort of place where where it all takes place for exhibitors, but they only have a small pre it's for car companies. And then what they do is they move all of the car companies sort of stands out into public spaces. So if you go into the center of Munich, they actually have all of the car companies set up sort of all over Munich Munich City Center. So it's a pretty pretty interesting setup. But it means then that they can get a whole lot more foot traffic from the public, because previously you used to have to go to this big exublition center and walk around and I can't even believe that you used to pay to get into a motor show. It's like you're marketing, you know, you're trying to sell a car, here, but so, yeah, it is quite fascinating how it's evolved and how motor shows are not what they used to be, but they are now getting back to getting cars and concept cars in front of the public.
Speaker 1: And I think it's probably a smart one because when you think about it, when you're in an exhibition building an exhibition center, you're paying for space, you're paying for square meters. This is kind of a little bit different. You can I mean, they could have a for instance, the Coopra showroom could be set up and re engineered and redone with the launch of all their latest cars. Or Volkswagen could rent out a building rather than throw all this money at a tiny space and in that space they can only sort of afford to put in a few cars. Now they can have their own little sort of showroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what they did.
Speaker 3: So Mercedes Benz and the Cooper were both inside a museum, so they had this awesome space in an outdoor area and they had all of their cars there.
Speaker 2: They were doing test.
Speaker 3: Drives all day long. They good some concept cars. So I think it does show you that it is changing and it gets them or foot traffic, because if you're just walking through Munich. You end up seeing it even if you had no idea the motor show was on or had no interest in it.
Speaker 2: And then every time.
Speaker 3: There's a motor show and you're guarantee to find some protesters. And these absolute drongos turned up today one of the trade fair as well, and stuck a few cars lake and in front of the motor show and did some protesting. And I'm like, hey, listen up. Most people aren't here at the actual exhibition center. They're out in the city center.
Speaker 1: Your amausis, what were they protesting? What a weird thing?
Speaker 2: They're just environmental protesters.
Speaker 3: Every single time there's a European motor show, they turn up and cause the team and they have an incredible police presence. So they had went to this thing called the Volkswagen Group Knight, and what it is is basically all of the Volkswagen brands together in one space and it's like an invite only events and they reveal stuff. And the police presence at this event was incredible because they were just worried about protesters coming in because they bring in basically the entire board of Volkswagen, including the CEO, and they just have a lot of security there, just to make sure that nothing goes wrong, because you can imagine if someone started to do something and wiped out the whole Volkswagen board.
Speaker 2: It would be a slight problem. Lover.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about some cars. Actually through a couple of cars that you've seen, because I feel like there's a few that have been, a few that have been the standout. One car popped up which I don't actually think was at the motor Show but decided to launch this week, which I'm so excited about, and I'll tell you in a sack, but I feel like everyone had eyes on the Volkswagen ID GTI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the ID GTI is basically Volkswagen. What they're trying to do.
Speaker 3: Is revive brand names and to use brand names to sell their products. Because prior to this they'd launched ID three, ID four, ID five, it was like what does that even mean? So what they've done is they've said, well, we're going to keep ID is the electric thing, but we're going to stick GTI in because everyone knows what GTI means.
Speaker 2: They know that it's a front wheel drive performance car in Volkswagen.
Speaker 3: So they've debuted a small car that's around sort of between a Polo and a golf in size, and they've called it the GTI. It's going to be front wheel drive, it'll be a performance hatching, and it looks really cool as well, and they've really focused on making it affordable. So the actual ID ID two was the costs of twenty five thousand euros, which for an electric car is pretty sort of pretty good. So the GTI will be around that sort price point. What did you think of the design of it?
Speaker 1: I liked it. Volkswagen have always had this thing where I guess with their designer, less is more approach. I feel like with their r's, their r's were just always a little bit too understated for my liking. I feel like, if you're going to make a fast, little hot hatch, give it some presents. And it was always understated in a lot of ways. But I think this looks really good. Can I just see the front of it again?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it looks really good. You know what I found interesting was when they launched this, A lot of the criticism, a lot of comments online and stuff was like, GGO, it can't be technically a bloody GGO, it's electric, Like it was the same idiots that when the Porsche ty Can came out, they're like, you can't call it a bloody turbo?
Speaker 2: What Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 3: Someone said it's not fuel injected, so it can't be GTI. It's like yeah right, and mate, yeah thanks Jim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, Bro, take a set. I think it's a smart move. Actually, I think what they've done is good. You know. I was looking at the design for a long time with mixed emotions because I sort of feel like part of me was like, Ah, have they done enough? Could they have done more? But I feel like if they did more it would almost be a little bit too much. I think they've found a really good balance. I do like the wheels on it. The wheels feel like really wide. The front is quite aggressive at the bottom half. I don't know if they'll keep those hooks though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well it's going to look pretty much exactly like that when it launches, so I think the only real change is are slightly smaller wheels.
Speaker 2: It'll be on probably nineteen's instep of twenties yea.
Speaker 3: And in terms of the aggressiveness, this is going to launch as a scoter and also as a cooper, and I think the Coopra is the one that's going to be the aggressive looking one, so that's called the Reval.
Speaker 2: And that looks unreal like they've done a really good job with styling that. So yeah, they're trying to be a bit more sort of asserted with the design value.
Speaker 3: So Volkswagen is going to have Volkswagen Q and then for the younger, sort of more creative ones, they're going to shuffle that through to Cooper to really sort of go to town on how they look.
Speaker 1: Also, Tesla Model three is it just me because the footage that I saw from the motor show, it was chockers. It was almost like Paul Merrick and Gaudy Waters had come into town. Like it was there was a crowd. There was a crowd was building.
Speaker 2: So the Tesla thing was interesting.
Speaker 3: On the second day, I went for a walk around to look at the other exhibits and I didn't even know Tesla was there.
Speaker 2: They had this tiny little stand.
Speaker 3: With just two cars on the model Wie the Model three, and I'm like, oh, look it's a your Model three.
Speaker 2: So but yeah, you're right. It was so full of people.
Speaker 3: It was there was fun blog So I'm sort of doing my little video walkaround of it, and he stands in front of me and pulls out a measuring.
Speaker 2: Tape, and I'm like, what does this guy do?
Speaker 1: Put it away. You don't need that much tape. I'm very small.
Speaker 3: So these guys basically walk around the show to new models and measure things up so that they can sell accessories measuring up. For some reason, the wipers, so he may have been a manufacturer of wiper blades for Tesla's. So it's just incredible that the most random people you see at these shows that are there for all sorts of just bizarre reasons, just strolling around the place. But yeah, look there's a little throughout.
Speaker 2: I think it.
Speaker 3: Actually it looks pretty good. The update looks nice, the front looks good, the really looks good. I think I'm disappointed they still haven't gone with a head up displayer or a screen in front of the driver of some description. And then the second row as well, did you see that screen? Like it's so stupid. I mean it's so small you can't see anything on it. So they're like, oh, it's for kids to watch things. I'm like, yeah, so they can have like bent next because they just have to look down the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think they kind of missed missed out of that.
Speaker 3: They should have just used the money they spent on that thing to put it out of the driver Would.
Speaker 1: They put it behind the driver's seat again, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would have thought so, because when you think about it, if you've got kids sitting there, or just anyone sitting there, you have to turn your head look down to watch this screen.
Speaker 2: It's just and it's such a small screen. I'm just not gonna be able to see anything.
Speaker 3: I just think they've tried to be clever, and that was a part of the car that didn't need to be clever.
Speaker 1: Imagine if you had a couple of kids in the back of that thing too, they would be fucking fighting, and you'd just be like, Mum, would be the Caleb kind of stop kicking the fucking testa screen. I'll kick you in the fucking head, kick you out of the car, Caleb, George, bloody Caleb. I told you we shouldn't have had Caleb biggish mistakes in to the bloody day kind of stop. We'll still about two hours till we get to Lake's entrance.
Speaker 2: And we didn't change.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting balance. I think it's enough to woo new people to want it, yet it's not too much where it's going to piss off the current market. Like I literally had a guy who's whose tesla arrived the day before this this was announced, and I just remember going, mate, you should have waited, We should have waited.
Speaker 2: As say. That was literally my dad as well.
Speaker 3: He got his delivered last week and I told him there was another one coming, but he said, oh, I don't.
Speaker 2: Care, and I'm like, it's okay, just listen to me.
Speaker 1: Who wants no, They never do. But I think it's a good update. I think it looks great. I actually think the updates on every single sort of angle are really well done. The wheels look better. I like those little kind of weird inserts they've put between them.
Speaker 3: What do you think about the steering wheel because they've removed the stalks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the indicators on the steering wheel is weird, weird. I think it's going to be a hard thing to get used to because actually the Lambo we had last week had indicators on the steering wheel right, and I just hated that. But Lexis have put it on their yoke too. Yeah, maybe they're doing stuff that is working and we just don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe not.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Look, I think it's good. I think the colors are really cool. I think the design is a great update. The lights look good. The screen I would have, honest and I will stand by this. They need to do two things with the screen. One they need to put it behind the steering wheel, and they also need to be able to have that center screen rotate like a BYD.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's a useful feature.
Speaker 1: It's cool something sometimes you don't want to look at shit in landscape all the time.
Speaker 3: Actually, speaking of BYD, they launched they launched a new car. It's basically their competitor to the Model Y. It was called the It is called the Seal U. So basically, yeah, Model Y competitor only announced with one engine varying or one motor variant at the moment, two battery sizes one around seventy kilo, what hour is one about ninety? This thing was pretty cool so around the size of Arab four looked sort of pretty spacious, big screen ahead of the driver, big central display similar to the Atto three chairs a platform with the Auto three. So I reckon that's going to shake things up in Australia because it finally gives people an opportun unity to buy an suv that's electric. And I think it will be affordable in the sense that it won't be a seventy thousand dollars tesla, so I think it will definitely be stealing some sales from them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I think it looks good too. They also had the normal seal there as well too, didn't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and that actually looks good badly the Dolphin. They even have another one called the Hahn, so they have all sorts.
Speaker 2: Of fun little names for them. I'm surprised they didn't have you over Gordy for the reveal they're.
Speaker 1: Saving They're saving me for the launch of the BYD Porpoise.
Speaker 2: The BYD Gordy. It's just their big bus.
Speaker 1: I like to look at the Celia. I think it looks pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and they have a lot of interest, like the Standard was shock a block full of people. So I think.
Speaker 3: That the Chinese are really coming hard in Europe, so that is a signal of their intentions for the States as well. They're increasing market share here in Europe, and I think that the plan is to really go hard in the US as well, once they've proven Europe works.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One thing I noticed too with a lot of the cars that they were launching is a lot of the cars are mainly just for China and maybe Europe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know why they're doing that. So Votzagen actually said that.
Speaker 3: They're setting up joint partnerships in China with some of the local car brands and that they will be designing cars just for the Chinese market with just Chinese batteries.
Speaker 2: And they're doing that.
Speaker 3: Because if you sell an Etron RSGT in Australia for two hundred and fifty grand and you sell that same car in China for one hundred and fifty grand to stay competitive, you're diluting the brand because people are going to get pissed off that it's one hundred grand cheaper in China. What they do is they'll create a bespoke model for China that uses the platform that is slightly longer or shorter or whatever, and uses Chinese batteries, and it gives them the chance you still have an Audi logo on it, but then they can basically say, oh, it's not the same car.
Speaker 2: That's why it's cheaper, so they really want to go for volume in China.
Speaker 3: And they own something like twenty percent market share in China compared to like five percent in the States, So I think that, yeah, they really want to go hard in China so they can bankroll the rest of the company. They're investing one hundred and eighty billion dollars in stuff over the next three years, so it is it is a huge step forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, BMW had some cool stuff too. I saw the fuck please don't make me read this the BMW feel like this needs to be said with a German accent. Let me channel my Hogan's heroes. The BMW nlak class.
Speaker 2: It's a Kazakhstani German.
Speaker 1: I like you how much?
Speaker 2: New class new class? Yeah? Fuck, why don't.
Speaker 1: They just spell it new class? I saw that. I saw the I think it was an I five. It was a red I five that looked pretty cool. The I four too, which I find it's so interesting between those between those models, the fact that the I four and the I five have completely different design language up the front, like it it's so weird, it's so weird to watch. But the I four had that big sort of pig nose thing going on, whereas the I five had the more kind of illuminated traditional.
Speaker 3: Did you see with that new class they've gone with a small grill again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's sort of just like so it is weird.
Speaker 3: They're kind of just chopping and changing there with their designs.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I like the look of it, and it's going to basically signal where they're heading with the next generation of.
Speaker 2: Cars, and look, if they have that sort of vibe to them, I'm kind of lacking it.
Speaker 3: I just think that experiment with the giant grill just hasn't really worked, and I think they are quickly backing away from that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Even the new class grill I don't really like too much. I still sort of like how they slightly evolve the traditional one in the I five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you are. You are sounding quite hard to please.
Speaker 3: That's my sort of take on its.
Speaker 1: Most people would call it realistic, I would say, some would call what what they say in Germany. Some people would call you a little bitch.
Speaker 2: Did you see the Cooper of Dark Rebel?
Speaker 1: No, look it up, Marty, look it up. Marty's here too. By the way, I've got some I've got some I've got some very exciting news. Why Marty's looking that up right? Guess where Marty's gone next week? Oh so sore to me? Nam, how dare you? Social media? Marty is off to his very first car launch.
Speaker 2: Watch out there you go.
Speaker 1: You're after the b y d C launch. Don't pretend you're not excited. How dare you? He pretends he's not excited, but he really wants to see what his cousins have.
Speaker 2: Bill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking look at that cool problem man, that is that is the next Batman Bile. I'm loving what they're doing. I like the even some of the newer some of the other stuff that is understated, like they're still illuminating the logos and stuff on the back. The real lights look really cool. But that's what's that thing called the.
Speaker 2: Rebel, the dark Rebel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we actually we extracted from them that it's likely to share a platform with the next generation of Cayman and Boxer, and according to them, it'll be priced.
Speaker 2: Well under one hundred thousand euros, which.
Speaker 3: Means this this could be a vehicle that is that is basically a cheap version of a Cayman or a Boxer, and you know, I just I just think it's great when they're sharing some of these platforms around because it means you get access to the fast stuff without having to spend mega dollars.
Speaker 2: And you're right about the lights.
Speaker 3: Actually, we're in Barcelona at the moment during some Coopra stuff, and yesterday we checked out the Taviskan, which is their new fully electric suv, and that thing is really cool. That the lights they're stuck into that and the effort they've put into that is great. It even has a logo on the bonnet that lights up and it just looks absolutely unreal. So yeah, it just show you that they are going to a lot of efforts to design these cars to really make them stand out. The same the average buyer for a Coupra is like fifteen or twenty years younger than an average Outy or Volkswagen buyer, so they really are targeting a much younger person that is wanting to get into that Volkswagen brand. And their idea is you start them off in a Coupra. As they get older, they can work it out to a Volkswagen or an Audi. So yeah, it's an interesting sort of philosophy there.
Speaker 1: They're sort of playing with I love to work your way up to a Volkswagen, like start with the Batmobile, but like will work your way up to a London taxi.
Speaker 2: Look, I might even just stay within Cooper. But I think that they've got.
Speaker 3: All bases covered and they're trying to make sure that at every price point along the way that they have a product they can sell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would definitely be in the Volkswagen era of your life. I'd say definitely Audi.
Speaker 2: I'd look kind of trendy in a Volkswagen Beetle.
Speaker 1: I would have thought, yeah, not with that Polo, sir, that has got I mean, if they brought back the Holden Statesman, I wish I saw the Mini Cooper and also the Countryman ev launch and I I've got a soft spot for me here. I quite enjoy them. I love them. But I love the big LCD Senna screen looks fantastic in at the circular screen and it's really high res and it's customizable, and that's what mining is all about. It's really quirky, and the design is usually really bloody out there and cool, or it can be sort of Martin sensible, but It's weird because they've sort of made a minimalistic approach in the Mini this time, but then they'll let the customizable stuff sort of really speak for itself, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, with for many, I'm sort of not entirely convinced the driving range isn't really there, and I think they're less even saying themselves this is going to be just a city car. They're not expecting it to have huge driving range. But I think the design is a good sort of step forward. But you know, it's going to be made in China. It's I think it's very much a car that they've built to sell well in China. I don't think they really care as much if it doesn't sell well globally. But I think a lot of these brands are really targeting China and just trying to.
Speaker 2: Get as much volume as they came out of that market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they look good. I mean, the problem with the Mini at the moment, the Mini ev like you said, the range is pretty pretty piss poor. But they're a fun little car, but yeah, the range just absolutely ruins it. Now, before we go on to what is I think I know you've seen some cool stuff at this at this little hu haam to show you up. And I'm about to tell you my favorite launch, my favorite car launch, my favorite car announcement of the year. But before we do that, is there anything anything that we that you've seen that's impressed the pants off here? Apart from the maid who just came in about two seconds ago.
Speaker 2: Ah, let me think.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I was actually really impressed. This is one of the weird things they did at group night. They had acout six each prototype, but they you and tear it.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, stop, what's what's group Night?
Speaker 2: That was what I mentioned before the night?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I thought it was this cut little thing that all your little automotive journalists get together. Guys's green night. Let's form a waking chain. Oh that is Henry from all to bon News. Show me your porkner class, show you my brat.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's the interior of the q SUCs on looks unreal and it's it's basically debuting where out he's going to be going with its interiors, because I've just been kind of bored without his interiors recently, and I think this is a huge step forward. So a big curve display ahead of the driver. Yeah, so they're really just focusing on tech and making it all sort of standout. So I be came to give that a crack once. Once it finally launches and it debuts the new new electric platform for the Volkswagen Group as well, it will be the one that's said with.
Speaker 2: Other products in the group, so Bob be keanges to how it also goes.
Speaker 1: Two cool concepts I saw was like the Porsche Mission X if they yeah, if they do another Batman that's the Batman car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Mission X I think they debuted earlier in the year in June, but that looks unreal. And but Porsche they listed recently, so they had an IPO that they've had a huge cash injection, so they are spending big on future products. They're electrifying, Boxed and Cayman. So I think that that they really want to go hard on leveraging that brand and being able to take some of the platforms that they're developing for the entire group, sticking a Porsche badge on them and just charging huge dollars to make it all happen.
Speaker 1: As a huge Cayman fan, if the photos I've seen the renders I've seen are actually real. I'm going to be massively disappointed. Massively.
Speaker 3: I find a lot with a lot of the German renders, they typically pretty spot on.
Speaker 2: There. They got little German sleuths just in the shadows.
Speaker 1: The other one the just real quick. The other one that I saw was the Mercedes, that orange Mercedes.
Speaker 2: Oh the I have to look at some Mercedes. I think it's the CLA.
Speaker 1: It was kind of like the vision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the CLA class concept.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's effectively their Model three competitor. Mercedes is really they've really lost their way a little bit. I reckon all their cars kind of look the same. I just don't know that it doesn't feel to me like they have a real sort of plan, and that's a little bit concerning. So this this looks better than what I've seen previously from Mercedes, but a lot of their stuff was just.
Speaker 2: Starting to look and feel all the exact same.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, did they did they confirm they're chucking the V eight back in the the.
Speaker 2: C sixty three. Now they've confirmed that they're not. There was arena that they were and then they're now said no, no, no, they're actually just going to stick over.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, now we fucked it. Nah no worry about it, mate, no worry about it. No, we're not doing that. So yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, that's a big mistake.
Speaker 1: Do you know what's not a big mistake? Do you know what's the greatest idea in the last twenty years in order motive? Bringing back the Toyota century and bringing it as an suv?
Speaker 2: Is it? Thing is? And with sliding doors?
Speaker 1: I love it. By the way, that's an option. You don't have to have the sliding door.
Speaker 2: It's just it is. Has dropped my oh drop? Can you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sorry? And that's what happens when the maid is under the desk. Let's see it just Rosa, Rosa, keep it down. I'm trying to make a podcast there. That's my that's a weird thing about my mum. Right, whenever she her cleaning lady is Italian, and whenever like she speaks to a cleaning lady, she somehow just gets an Italian accent. And it's so awkward. It's so bad and bloody. Skirting bulge, need need a bit of a gallon over and Rosa, what.
Speaker 2: Are you doing?
Speaker 1: A dodger? I am the curtains. What are you doing fucking right, Jesus. Anyway, the Toyota Century SUV. I think it looks great. I think it looks fantastic. That is a terrible photo, but the I think everything about it's really cool. I would have liked to have seen them put a V eight in this thing, but instead it's the V six plug in hybrid, right, so three.
Speaker 3: Point five liter V six plug in hybrid. I think it's the engine they use in the undra from memory, they use a FOURCELM No, I'm pretty sure that's one they used in tundra.
Speaker 1: So I thought it was Alexis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Used an Alexis as well, but it actually sounds good in the tundra. So yeah, it's It is just a crazy looking thing, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know. I just wonder who buys these things. People will just yeah, it's just good.
Speaker 1: I just need to judge. Look, it's I need to go down Paramatta Road looking like an Asian emperor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a just an Asian plument.
Speaker 1: It's a gangster car.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would choose this over a rolls Rose any day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is. It is full on love.
Speaker 1: Everything about it, love, how the bird is everywhere. Just they've they've done to that bird what Rolls Royce did to the Spirit of Ecstasy. They're just like, in fact, that's what I want to see in the next Mortal Kombat. I want to see the bird versus the Spirit of Ecstasy.
Speaker 2: That would be funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I'm going to be doing something very exciting that I can't talk about for a little while.
Speaker 2: Why not, it's under embargo. Let's just say it relates to a brand that we've been speaking about. That's there. We goes. That narrows it down.
Speaker 1: Someone's made friends. Sorry, I'm getting distracted. We got a message.
Speaker 3: Hang ones.
Speaker 4: Family, family, Oh my god, it's me Donnell. Bloody miss she little parently. I miss you, darn darling. Look are you in Germany? Bloody hate Nah, your frank Fins in your Hamburgers. Nah, come back, I'm Darlan. Come back to Donner's caravan, and I've got a whole meal waiting for you right here. You can eat all the bloody Hamburgers and Frankfurt you want to.
Speaker 1: Eat, Dylan.
Speaker 4: I'll keep them warm for you. I'll keep them. I've got a couple of burgers under me tits to keep them warm. Don't ask me where I'm keeping the Frankfurt O. This stalk of Frankfurt is making me bloody, ahungry, and oh every bloody delicious And I probably hope you have a good time. Darln. Come back to me caravan soon, Darlan love you. Oh Jesus, now, I fucking hang up me phone. My bloody fingers are too fat to this ship.
Speaker 1: You should call her.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think you better put an extra date on this trip of yours because I think you've got a trip to the caravan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll just get them to drop me off in the middle of Australia. Yeah, it's from.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, you know it's crazy too. One of should we talk about? Should we talk about some of the some of our socials have been going off some of the some of the comments on our Yeah god, what is that? Over six hundred thousand plays? Should we read a couple of these comments? Yeah, what I loved is one of our One of our clips sort of went a little bit viral this week. But the comments are, oh my god, they're so good. I won't name names. Miles Miles, Miles, cool day. You lost me as a fan your chuff dick stick to your forward ranger. Yeah, absolutely missed the point of the cheviny sheer is. You know what's crazy when you put out a video like this, it's just a little snippet, like it's a tiny snippet of the thing. So I guess people have sort of seen it as out of context, like it's a dumb little bit that mean you did and somehow it's sort of caught on fire a little bit.
Speaker 3: But some of the comments, Yeah, if your name is Miles, I'm kind of just not listening to whatever you're saying anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks Miles from nowhere. Oh look at this guy, Paul, You're dead wrong. Pick a new career. One guy who's like one guy who's like you wouldn't know what you're talking about. Pick a new career. It's like, all right, bro, you sit on your fucking chair and Port Macquarie or wherever you're from. You're like, oh, oh bloody, I haven't work. Shin shah. I got hit in the head with a brick and so just sit here on the couch. I'm pretty good during the AM. I can usually sort of pick on me phone and write a couple of comments on me phone, but usually be after lunch. I'll probably just sit on the couch and piss myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty much him.
Speaker 3: We've got a few emails as well, so this one is from Hendrix says gooday guys.
Speaker 2: First off, just want to say I love the podcast. It's fantastic on your champ.
Speaker 3: My mum, who has to commute to Sydney from Canberra twice a week, mentions me that she doesn't have anything new to listen to on the drive.
Speaker 1: Ladies, and we got King of the Mills right here. If you're ever going to give her a podcast, I'll tell you what. Give her one. Listen to Paul marreck on this podcast and you will never lose your mum again. You just follow the yelling drip road.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 2: And then he said now loves it and can't get enough. Yeah, I feel very bad for it.
Speaker 3: And then he also said, I thought i'd ask a question about Chinese made cars based on what you've seen so far. If it was a blind test, you reckon, you could tell the difference between a Chinese made car and one made somewhere like Germany or Japan. What's your opinion on brands starting to manufacture their cars in China? And do you reckon the entire car industry will follow every other industry and move everything China. Anyway, guys love the show, keep it up and please trying not to get sued again. Yeah, I'm sure your lawyers want to break Yes, definitely, so yeah, yeah, exactly so blind tests, I reckon.
Speaker 2: Look, I think just because I do this a lot, I would be able to tell the difference.
Speaker 3: But I think if you've got an average person and you put them in a car, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
Speaker 2: That's my opinion. What do you think to me?
Speaker 1: I think absolutely you could tell the difference. I feel like if we put I don't know, a German may car, maybe like a Q five next to know, what about a Porsche macarn next to say Haval, I think you'd be able to tell the difference. Right, you could just sit in the car and you'd be like, well, the Haval's steering wheel is in like position. Wise, it's in the oddest place ever. Before you even drive the thing, It's like it's a thin steering wheel. You can get a in an a macarm for instance, And.
Speaker 3: No, do I ever run your sort of fingers along that you'd be able to tell the difference.
Speaker 2: I would have thought, how does that go?
Speaker 1: Give me a bit of a description. Let me see your rim rubbing looks like you've done a bit of it. I'm looking at the conditioner bottle in the background. What have you been up to?
Speaker 3: But the other question about manufacturing in China doesn't bother me pretty much. Everything's manufactured in China. Yeah, as long as it is cheaper for it, then that's fine. But the problem is when they manufacture something in Germany and going to manufacturing in China and it's ten grand more expensive, it's like, well, there's.
Speaker 2: Only one person winning from that question. It's not me. So yeah.
Speaker 1: Having said that, I think I think Chinese made brands are getting better. I mean, when haval Like launched on the scene, I didn't see I mean, there was room for improvement, but it wasn't that bad at all. We've seen when MG came on the on the scene, they for me, they had a lot of a lot of work to be done. What they're coming out with lately is I mean, the the MG four is quite solid. The stuff that they debuted at the munch at the Munich Motor Show. Looks incredible. That the cyber stuff wow, oy.
Speaker 2: In c Yeah, that's that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's cool just on name alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: We've got another email here from Driving Paradox from Peter. He wrote, Hi, first time listener to podcasts today, came across it and decided to listen to you to having John kodogon, fantastic session. Entertaining yets to informative. Not being censored is the key.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that. We're going to get him on again. I had to chat with him the other day, so he's keen to come back on along with tread Yeah, they'd have a listen.
Speaker 1: To Wait wait, wait, did you see Trevor attempted? Look up Trevor, Look up Trevor long Socials. I think the very first square is him doing the nourburg Ring in some crappy rental.
Speaker 2: That's right, in a rental car, and he's like.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just a tourist drive, guys. I can't wait. I've always wanted to do this off a tempered amount panorama.
Speaker 5: Oh god, and then he gets there pays like thirty Euros and dudes are like beeping him, touting him, flashing their lights in their lambos and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Ah, Trevor needs to have a shave. Jesus Christ. That white Beard is not doing him any favors.
Speaker 2: He looks like he's been scaring.
Speaker 1: He looks like he's been sprinkled with castor sugar.
Speaker 2: She's scaring the kids. He's not allowed.
Speaker 1: God, he looks he looks like he's just stuck his face in a big pile of powder at a trap house.
Speaker 3: So we got another email from breath Hi Gaudian Paul. First off, just let me say I'm only here for the merch best car podcast ever. Haha. That statement should get me something, right, mate, he said. Been following Paul for some time with the car reviews he does on YouTube. Always look forward to the bell going off to get another video drop.
Speaker 2: I love the humor and the swearing. I don't swear, he wrote, Trevor.
Speaker 3: Now, and then he said should I even followed Trevor now? With every new episode, I'm cracking up in the car and honestly people drive past thinking what is this blog?
Speaker 2: Laughing at?
Speaker 3: Keep making these podcasts would be great to win Australian Podcast Listeners Award. Yeah, but love that another one to hang on the wall in the play's office.
Speaker 1: In his book self, Yeah, actually you attended the the Why You're in Europe. You attended the Pawn Awards. I believe you just got best anal. Well done on that first micro pasdanal from every car company you've ever dealt with.
Speaker 2: From drives Lawyers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we thought this would be a fun little podcast, just to do a bit of a check in. Obviously it's never ideal when you're on zoom and I'm here, but we thought the cars looked interesting enough to talk about it, and they certainly do. Is that the one motor show do you reckon of the year? I was going to say it could be the Tokyo or Detroit Motor Show, but what's what's the big one? You would save the calendar year where all the oh, the Geneva Motor Show as well. Yeah, the where you kind of go all right, this is the one where we know everyone's just going to be going bang with the.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing.
Speaker 3: Motor shows are pretty much dead, so Detroit has scaled down, The LA Motor Show is pretty much dead. New York motor shows kind of a non event. Geneva Motor Show is dead. The next Geneva Motor Show is actually going to be in Guitar, which.
Speaker 2: Was bizarre thing in the world.
Speaker 3: And then Frankfurt Motor Show used to used to basically alternate with with.
Speaker 2: Paris and then Paris is on.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think that motor shows as we know them are very much gone. But it's going to be more of this style of thing where we see activations and it's going to be groups of brands that get together as opposed to all of the brands. So yeah, I don't know. I don't think we're going to see the traditional motor show back anytime soon.
Speaker 1: One thing I did notice with and I know we've sort of you've already touched on this, but whether you like it or not, we're going to what ev world like it is happening. They're all doing it. They're all doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're all talking electric vehicles and and that seems to very much be the future here.
Speaker 2: And that's the problem.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you want an internal combustion car, I mean you just may not be able to buy one. If they're all just manufacturing EPs. It just means no one's really going to be concentrating on internal combustion cars. So we'll see where that sort of leads us. But yeah, it's very much going down that path.
Speaker 1: I think I better leave you to it. The maids on the bed and I think she said something about you signing the hairy check book.
Speaker 6: If you did enjoy this episode, please make sure you leave us a rating on whichever platform you're listening to make sure you follow the podcast as well as you can get notified and contact at the Drivers Show dot com dot au if you want to shoot us an email.
Speaker 1: You know what our you know what our closing thing should be. You literally singing the little Pavloy song Stan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not going to be happening.
Speaker 1: That's going to be happening. DJ Diamond Davis, who does our production? Make it happy?
Speaker 2: Dear pavl I wrote to you, but you still ain't calling.
Speaker 3: I left my phone, my grinder link, and my Quantus Frequent Flyer status at the bottom.
Speaker 2: I sent your two dms back in autumn. You must not have got them.
Speaker 3: There probably was a problem with the Graham or some shit, but anyways, fuck it.
Speaker 1: What's been up man?
Speaker 2: How's your daughter. My girl friend's pregnant too.
Speaker 1: I've had to be a father if I have a daughter.
Speaker 2: Guess what I'm gonna call it.
Speaker 1: I'm a name of Donna. I heard about your comrade Gordy too. I'm sorry. I heard a friend.
Speaker 3: Sell his stinger too because of some picture didn't want him. I know you probably hear this every day, but I'm your biggest fan. I got the prepew best and shit that you did with John Canoga.
Speaker 1: I got a hard drive full of your reviews and your pictures.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I like the shit you did with hell Boars too.
Speaker 4: That ship was back.
Speaker 5: Anyways, I hope you get this fan hit me back just to chat.
Speaker 1: Truly, yours your biggest fans,