Speaker 1: Have you ever come across a LinkedIn post, or a viral sales page, or a pitch deck and thought, how did they make this so good? Great content isn't magic. It actually follows a formula, and with Jenai, you can crack that.
Speaker 2: Formula wide open.
Speaker 1: In today's episode, we're diving into the Jenai reverse Engineering trick, a method that lets you break down high performing content and cover the elements that make it work and apply those insights to your own writing. I'll be joined by Inventium's resident Jenai Wizard, Neo Applin, to explore how this technique can revolutionize the way you create content, whether it's social media posts, emails, or presentations. If you've ever wanted to unlock the secret source behind standout content, this episode is for you. Just quickly before we get into today's episode, if you want to go DeFi and learn how to work with Ai instead of worrying about being replaced by it.
Speaker 2: I have something that.
Speaker 1: I think you will love, but my consultancy invent Him We've created the Jenai Productivity System. It's a self paced online course designed to help you boost productivity and save literally hours every week by using Jenai a whole lot smarter. In just a few hours, you'll go from Jeni dabbler to Jenai expert with practical tools you can start using immediately. Head to inventium, dot com, dot au, forward slash Jenai to check it out and get started today. Welcome to How I Work, a show about habits, rituals, and strategies for optimizing your day. I'm your host, doctor Amantha imber.
Speaker 2: So when many.
Speaker 1: People see great content online, it's easy to look at that and go, oh my gosh, that person is so skilled that has created that content. I want to know what's the reality behind why some content actually does perform so well, whereas other content just does not.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh. You're the writer here, you should be answering this one. But I will say that there's really three parts to it. One is is the content great? Like? Are the ideas right? Is the information being presented like? Is it brilliant stuff? The second is is it being presented in a way that is easy to understand, that makes sense for kind of content you've got there? And then, of course the third one is is it going to fit with what the audience is wanting? So all those things need to be together for it to be a great piece of content.
Speaker 1: So something I've heard you talk about is the idea of Jenai being a content detective.
Speaker 2: Could you tell me what exactly that means.
Speaker 3: It's about saying, here's something either I've done before, or maybe someone in my team or my workplace has done before, and say, how does this work? Like it's almost like saying tell me about the structure. Or depends on what you're really after, it might be about tell me about the structure of it. It might be telling me about the way that the arguments are made. It might be tell me about the voice, the tone, the style of it. But it's basically saying, I want you to deconstruct this and then give me an architecture of how it's been put together.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's take that a step further.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me what is the Genai reverse engineering trick? I think that's the label that we have applied to this trick. So what is the Genai reverse engineering trick and how does it work?
Speaker 3: It's about getting a piece of content, feeding that to GENI. Now that can be uploading it as a PDF for a word document, or you just paste it in. And of course the more pieces of content that you want to give it, the more specific that it can, it can get to find threads between these different pieces of content. So it might be LinkedIn posts. So maybe your company has put out five LinkedIn posts and they've said these are the good ones, and I want you to write one, and you go, oh my god, I'm not confident in writing LinkedIn posts, and how do I do it in my company style? So grab five of those LinkedIn posts and feed them into your chat, GPT or claude or whatever you're using, and say, I want you to analyze this for things like and it depends on what you want to say, whether it be style or structure or the content or the arguments or whatever you wanting to analyze it on. And it will then break down those pieces and give you the commonalities between them. And so then you can have that as your baseline. We'll call it a plan for your content you're going to build.
Speaker 1: What other types of content have you seen this reverse engineering trick applied to I don't know. Maybe even with the clients that we work with at Inventium, most.
Speaker 3: People are using this kind of a technique with social posts. That's a clear easy thing to do. With blog articles you might need to put out for your company, those kind of things, but it's so applicable to other things. I was doing a keynote to HR people the other day and I was using it to analyze different job ads out there because I've written job ads before. It's a painful thing because you want to make sure it's right and it's got the right structure and feeling to it. But also you're going to get the best candidates. So I was getting great job ads and feeding that in there and getting it to do a detective service over those job ads. So pretty much any piece of content that is not super long. So if you're wanting to look at a fifteen page document, it's probably going to be less applicable there. But if you're talking about a page or two, it's absolutely stunningly brilliant for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what would your advice be for someone that is wanting to try out this reverse engineering trick today?
Speaker 2: What's the best way to get started?
Speaker 3: Find the content that you want to reverse engineer, and don't be restricted by stuff you've written before. Looking at look at things put out by your company, put out by competitors. Sometimes to analyze how they do it. Like if you're the small fish and you're looking at the big fish, figure out how the big fish are doing it, So put their things in there. And also, don't look just at local businesses. Look around the world. So if you're in say tech consulting, don't just look at Australian tech consulting posts. Find out how the big players in America are doing it and or the niche players in Europe are doing it, and then analyze their stuff. So find a couple of great bits of content and then figure out exactly what you want to drill down and found out, find out how they are putting it together, and then ask the questions of chatchpt when you give them the content.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for coming on and sharing another AI tip with us. Neo, I personally love this one. I do use it, and I find that it just helps me better or it helps me get better at creating great content because often like I'll have the experience of say a LinkedIn post that I write going viral, and I'll want to unpack that and go what did I actually do right there?
Speaker 2: And so I found it so.
Speaker 1: Helpful for my own learning, particularly around the content that I create, so anyone listening today, good luck applying this. I personally love this strategy and New York thank you so much for coming on and sharing more Jenai wisdom. If you're keen to learn even more Jenai tricks and hacks, check out Inventium's Jnai Productivity system. It's a self paced course to transform you from a Jenai dabbler to jenipro in just a few hours. Head to inventium dot com dot au forward slash Jnai to check it out and get started today. If you like today's show, make sure you hit follow on your podcast app to be alerted when new episodes drop. How I Work was recorded on the traditional land of the Warrangery People, part of the Cooler Nation. A big thank you to Martin Nimber for doing the sound mix.