Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Phenomenon a phenonymon, sir, you can't cook that in here.
Speaker 4: My cheek is flowing for the first time in years. Thank you, dear owner, Christian O'Connell Show Gold one O four Hey, coome on it. This is coming up for eight minutes past six Christian O'Connell's show, Thursday on. Good Morning Patsy, Good morning Rio, Hello, Jackie boy Off second day sick. I saw messers with him yesterday. He said I think I'll be in today and I said, look, come back if you're one hundred percent ready, Okay, I'll see Friday. He has, all right, i'll see you Friday. That went from i'll see you tomorrow. At the moment someone goes, hey, just checking, actually know what sot it?
Speaker 5: He played you like a set.
Speaker 4: He was the phone down. I was like, God damn it. Any other person will go cool, well, i'll see you Thursday today. I go, well, if you're okay, soft touch.
Speaker 5: He saw you a marked animal.
Speaker 4: They smell weakness or vulnerability or for jack kindness, and then he used well, I think as a superpower mine against me. God damn it. I'm surprised he.
Speaker 3: Even responded to your text.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's hard to get him sometimes, very hard.
Speaker 4: I tried calling him. He does not take calls from work colleagues. Do you know, by the way, Patsy, he's never longed onto his work email five years.
Speaker 3: Doesn't surprise me at all.
Speaker 4: I couldn't live like that. I don't know only one man, it's like the rest of us. Sometimes are extras in the movie of Jack's life. It's exactly what read you work emails for you and keep everything aflow. All right, Patsy, how's everything at home? How's you?
Speaker 3: I'm not bad. I a big dad school yesterday. I picked all you up on a Wednesday night because she has she's in the school production. And they do like me to rehearsal.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like a month out from the big, big opening night.
Speaker 4: So they work so much harder. These kids. Now, we start like rehearsals like three or four moost like that. At my school, it's like, I'm pretty sure you've got given a part like three weeks beforehand, two hours of rehearsal, and then it was absolute ship on stage. Yeah, this is it. We'll be right. Function alcoholics could barely read along with the script.
Speaker 3: At my school February they started rehearsal or like tries, tryouts, Yeah, February, so I'm expecting.
Speaker 4: A really still show. What she's doing.
Speaker 3: They're doing Annie Annie, and she's playing any Annie.
Speaker 5: It's a hard enough life.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, And she's Pepper go figure, the one with attitude, the orphan with attitude method performance.
Speaker 4: She breathes on channeling her mother.
Speaker 3: Anyway. So she had a massive day at school. And picked her up about five o'clock and I said, you know what. She got in the car. She was in a bit of a funk, and I said she'd had an excursion. They'd gone up to the bush as well yesterday. Yeah, like a big excursion.
Speaker 4: It was the best day ever.
Speaker 5: When they just send them into the bush, that's an excursion. That's a punishment to go to the bush.
Speaker 3: They were doing. It was for science experiments, none of which turned out apparently. So she was in a bit of a funk and I said, you know what.
Speaker 4: On the way home, failure isn't it, you know, go find some ants teachers a couple of science experiments.
Speaker 3: I said, let's get an ice cream. Even though it's close to dinner time. You can get an ice cream.
Speaker 4: And they're like that at the end of the day. I know sugar isn't great for us, but sugar is all they need, just to sprinkling. You can't have every day. But otherwise, did you know that thing that's art? The girls of that where you pick them up and they've had a long day and you go, you're all cheery, right, you go, how was school to there? To go? They don't even respond five.
Speaker 3: It's noises. Now, it's like a series of noises. I was starting to get groans and moans and grunts.
Speaker 4: The other week it was I went, was not this again? For you have a dad who's interested in your life. Okay, I've been up mild man and stare out the window. Have it your way. We got a fine alert some.
Speaker 3: Sounds, the groans and the guttural sounds. So I said, you can get a MiG flurry on the way home. She said that's good. She was happy with that. So she got an oreo one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but is it just me?
Speaker 3: When they handed it through the window, they're very very small now that maybe.
Speaker 4: The server had small hands.
Speaker 6: No, no, they don't have to have big hands, smaller giants, isn't it When you would reach out the window to grab it, you have to like two hands so you don't spill it.
Speaker 4: You like a pic of milk flurry?
Speaker 3: What it was like? It has got smaller. I'm not sure if it's.
Speaker 5: Just me the all gone smaller.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're the same price something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the thing, is buddy inflation with money and the situation.
Speaker 4: With the food.
Speaker 5: What is going on?
Speaker 4: Is going on? It's just so greet. We're expected to pay for gravy and they're giving us les flurries. Wake up, sheep. We marched this weekend.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Batsy, you're talking about ordering the school play. You must have done school plates, Patsy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was year seven. We did Dracula Spectacular at one great high. I was just in the chorus line though I didn't actually have like a proper part.
Speaker 4: I remember my school we did Bugsy Malone and do you know the auditions you had to do for the brutal weren't they? Because these days, obviously teachers are a lot more kind and sensitive. Back in the eighties, sensitivity vulnerability. What hadn't been invented, yet we were raised with Shane. I remember I audition for Bugsy Malone right, and it was a time I was about thirteen a thing and I was going through a big Elvis face. Elvis was not popular in the ages week, especially once teenagers there, so everyone on my mates want a wham you two span down Malay. I was an outlier, right, going Elvis Presley's call and they're like, what that old blow to step from Vegas stuff. So anyway, you had to turn up and you could do any song you wanted. So why did blue Swede shows? Right? And the only first of all goes I don't think I know you could. Mister Arabley called Steve Abley, mister Abley. It was like trying to play at the piano where I sound. Halfway through I could see his shoulders because he had his back to me. I was shaking because he was laughing. He went, how do you feel if it was a singing part? Okay? Picked it up on MI more dance man than singing and dancing okay. He was like, look, I'm just thinking of maybe there's another role for you. So you know about two days later you used to have to go to the hallway to see everyone just same. By the way, when you got your exam results, there was a wall of.
Speaker 3: Sh public shame. It was roo no idea and.
Speaker 4: People like you really you really shout the bed and geography and like, mate, I want to be a geography teacher, went you. You've got you ungraded.
Speaker 5: Different times?
Speaker 4: Yeah, different anyway on the water of shame. Four bugs him alone. I got the roll of knuckles. Now, I don't know if you know knuckles. He doesn't speak, he's a mute. I'm not familiar with nothing. The only direct was to crack knuckles to He doesn't speak, he doesn't sing, and he doesn't really move.
Speaker 5: But what a performance.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I think I stole the show as a mute bouncer knuckles.
Speaker 3: How funny that you went on to be a radio star after that?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: You what an origin story? What were you? Rio? I was?
Speaker 5: Everything was.
Speaker 4: Dream coat. You can tell he went to a proper school, Fiddler on the roof.
Speaker 5: It was an old boys school. My wife was my best friend Jonathan Hogan.
Speaker 8: Who beard.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of a bearded one. So much going on now, Kanin was trying to tell us get a load of planty that her school didn't ever do a school play. You are these people that make out your childhood was literally like some sort of Charles Dickens girlshouse. I was beaten with a stick up in Queensland.
Speaker 5: We didn't have money for pinned.
Speaker 4: We went to school in a shoe box. I had to walk a thousand miles in the bush to even get to it. So everyone did a school plane crappy the school we did? You think they just did it behind your b has she got all right places everybody Queensland finger.
Speaker 3: On the roof, on the roof, Sorry for you, so do I it would have been great.
Speaker 5: You said you did drama. How do you not have school players when you did drama?
Speaker 3: We just would I don't know.
Speaker 9: We just do like improvisation and like monologues and that was it.
Speaker 4: But was your teacher in Thank God You're here? It was your drama. We just did it improv It was more jazz.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Talk about your old school place, good motor, Adam Wright, Christian. I went to a Catholic primary school. I went to a Catholic primary school as well, and the main reason was obviously Irish grandparents and my dad and it was a very very very very very very very very strict Catholic. Oh my word, Like really even before that, to go to this nunnery when I was like three, and those nuns were not happy ladies.
Speaker 5: What's a nunnery?
Speaker 4: It's like a prime kinder run by nuns. I think had issues.
Speaker 5: I thought that I was only in like sister act. I didn't realize they actually existed.
Speaker 4: Oh. They used to drive the school minibus. I would get dropped off by a nun. Yeah. Anyway, this Catholic primary school was so so Catholic. We used to have to go to confession. I was eight three times a week. What have you got to confess about? As an eight year old boy? I actually just make stuff up to go into that little confession box. And I remember they'd still what you got to do? I remember what some do ten hell Mary's because I ate all of my sister's chips.
Speaker 5: Pretty mild for a confession.
Speaker 4: But they just have to hand out fine, still don't they. Anyway, I hadn't went to another Catholic primary school survivor. In grade one, I played a sheep in the nativity scene. Grade two I was the donkey that carried Mary to bethby him, Christian. I quit acting after that way, Pete too soon. Gavin's on the line, Good morning, Gavin.
Speaker 10: Similar An, it's to you Christian, and that Mimus from the eighties did Gallipoli the musical and played Frank Dunn.
Speaker 4: Now, such an incredible story, a harrowing moment in history for Australia. Just to put it to kids performing it as a musical.
Speaker 10: Yeah, let's let's set the floorter of thousands of diggers to music that sounds like fun. Halfway through the rehearsal period, which, like you, Christian, was only about four weeks, my late great grandfather, who was a Gallipoly veteran, actually passed away and without missing a beat with me telling the teacher that this had happened. He just looked at me and said, you don't suppose you'd have any uniforms.
Speaker 4: That Mike Fittis show must go on that, Gav. That is unbelievable, incredible scene, Gav, Thank you very much. You killed me.
Speaker 11: Thanks guys, have a good day well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm producer Gait Then, who's been trying to tell us that she at her school. They didn't do it. School play just sad because even if you weren't talented, just being part of the school production it's a good sort of team wonding.
Speaker 5: Just don't believe.
Speaker 4: I like being part of the school plays, even though I had a mute character, no words, Hey, we love you being in Just don't speak. Don't say anything with you to people. Their parents will scare them. Just be at the back. Be at the back, not in the spotlight, behind the spotlight, keep going further down the stage.
Speaker 3: I reckon, that's what made you get into radio because you thought I'll show them tell me not to speak.
Speaker 4: You don't have those thoughts at.
Speaker 5: Patty had vengeance on the.
Speaker 4: Probably had a huge crushing. All the teachers covered this last week, Ham can it do?
Speaker 3: They're not mister Ogen in Italian?
Speaker 4: Too old for Patsy, too unhot for teacher. Caitlyn Participate has just remembered one of these monologues she did at school. And obviously you went to a certain part of Australia.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I'm from the Gold Coast a bit more Bogun And the monologue that I did was written by me, by the way, and it was through the eyes of a bouncer.
Speaker 5: So I was how old were you?
Speaker 12: It was?
Speaker 3: It was poetic, It was very poetic.
Speaker 4: And it was right, how old are you when you're so this.
Speaker 9: Was for my HSC which is like the atar, right, and I was probably eighteen at the time, so it was okay you were legal?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 9: And surface Paradise Hello because night laugh in the whole of Australia and one of.
Speaker 4: The large channeling what they see.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was, I'm telling you poetic.
Speaker 5: Listen to this.
Speaker 9: It was the line was where the bottles are full, but the people are empty.
Speaker 4: That's actually that's actually a beautiful well the bottles full but the people are empty.
Speaker 9: Sounds like it could be piano man, because I talk about it been three am in the morning and what.
Speaker 4: I think that's.
Speaker 5: The regular cloud works trickling in.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then the next one was Johnny used to work on the job. Tramps like us were born to run. That's the past. Let's kiss a genius.
Speaker 5: Kellen mccarthur.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get into this week's naked out Christian.
Speaker 7: We've got no songs for the whole hour, Nick Nick Nick naked.
Speaker 4: And then it was we didn't stop the five hour Naked Hour.
Speaker 13: Oh, nig, nig.
Speaker 11: Nig Naked Hour, Naked Hour.
Speaker 4: All right, this week's Naked Hour. This is where from seven to eight every Thursday morning, you pick all the music. We give you the theme. This week we're going back to our teenage years. Songs about teenagers nine four one four one oh four three, Patsy, what nails it for you? A song about our teenage years?
Speaker 3: Instantly I think of the ultimate teenage rebellion song and parents trying to pull their kids into line, and it's get a Haircut by George Thoroughgood.
Speaker 4: This is left field. You've got to be honest. He George, big heavy country guitar. Yeah, this is a great song. Bringy one, Patsy.
Speaker 3: I I find we were talking about teenagers and obviously you've had more experience than me. But last night we asked Audrey to unpack the dishwasher. We're starting to get that attitude. It's like, it's like because we all.
Speaker 4: Have my daughter. The other day I said, can you empty the distor she went, you just stood there. I lost sleep. Sleep on the table? What does that even mean? Bread on the table.
Speaker 3: It's like a competition when you ask the right to stand it exactly. Oh it's impossible.
Speaker 4: All right, that's a great one.
Speaker 14: Rio.
Speaker 4: What are you going for? What's the song that now is being a teenager?
Speaker 5: He was a boy, she was a girl? Monologue skater boy.
Speaker 15: Tune, what a story?
Speaker 4: Good tune this? And this is becoming a West End musical. No Google now, getting ready with an apology? Google it now, skater Bow the musical is coming to a stage near us. Oh my god, yeah, I got Google a look on this right, and I'm thinking, what did I do it? How have I got a Google a look? I'm not have I got googlet on, amil Levine? That ain't right? Okay, song for me? Then we're going back a few years. We going to the who and my generation?
Speaker 16: Fucking batmop generation?
Speaker 4: All right, naked out this morning? You pick all the music from seven o'clock hold our tunes, pit by you. The theme is teenage years.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: So it's takeing a back to a bit of teenager songs about being a teenager on nine four one four, one oh four three. There are so many great songs. Were hard willing it down just an hour Roger, good morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning fellas el Is Roger, Welcome.
Speaker 4: To the show. Roger, So teenage song. What's a great one?
Speaker 7: Well, when I was a tour nider, it had to be Jack and Diane.
Speaker 4: Great song, jacksiz long. All right, Roger, that's a good one. Thank you very much. Actually cool. We have a good day. Vanessa, good morning. What's your one? Mate? Good morning, Vanessa, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 16: I immediately thought of Beaky Boys, Fight for your Right to Party?
Speaker 4: Always a fun one, big song. You gotta fight, all right, Nesai sounds great this morning. There should wake us up maybe out the seven o'clock news. Vanessa, thank you very much. Worries guys, thank you. Bye. Luke, good morning, Good morning, Christian. Hello Luke, thanks for listening to the show. And what do you want to hear this morning to do with being a teenager?
Speaker 10: Yeah, first one that jumped in my mind was Edge of seventeen Stevie Nicks, one.
Speaker 4: Of the greatest intros for a rock simer. I have to go into the next hour, Luke, this is going straight in. I have to stick it on Jil the next hour. Luke, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Cut my the real trap door you're on your Mark, good morning, good morning. We can just about hearing Mark, what do you want to hear? One of the great constants, all the different iterations of music, from pop to rock and roll, songs about being a teenager. Yeah, this is a great song as well. Mark, that's a great one. Let's got a k here. Good morning, Kay, good morning. How are you all? We're going to have you every good week? And Kay, what would you like to hear?
Speaker 8: I thought of Mondo rock come said the boy heard No.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever heard of No No No. I tried struggles even I've never heard this song on my headphone. Must be a artists come from Triple J. I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, look, I think it's only a recent role.
Speaker 4: It's just some kids with a dream kind of get a break. Yeah yeah, all right, Kay, good one, Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl Show.
Speaker 4: Podcast Every Thursday morning. We let you pick all the music. We give you the theme. You're picking all the songs this week, songs about our teenage years. Kicking off with an absolute classic, stone cold classic, Stevin Nick's Edge of seventeen. Christian, I'm torn between asking for We're not going to take it by twisted sister and being caught stealing by change Addiction. Chris, you heard much of this station. You think I'm playing James Addiction, love them, seeing them live many times. You ain't getting played on gold. Don't even waste the text message, mate, stick it on your iPhone on Spotify. So close you're going to get to the next hour, Christian, what about Stacy's mum yeaes missed?
Speaker 5: Is it too late?
Speaker 4: It's never too late. Let's take but what do we take out? Let's go to that next We're gonna have to say goodbye to Alice Cooper, Poor Alice. I'm sacrifice all right, So the next hour then you can win. Red Hot Summer Tour tickets are on soal right now, amazing lineup this share Red Hot Summer Tour bring you the Concert of a lifetime with Simple Minds, Ice House, Noiseworks, Darryl Braithwait and Bachelor Girl. You put all that together, I'm saying Concert of a lifetime. Mornington Racecourse February the tenth and Ross and Winery February the eleventh. Next year, just in catch you any confusion where you were in your year wait, Christner were in February. Now we've just started February. That's right, February. Then we go into spring. Christian tickets on sound now Ticketmaster. We have a double bass. Yesterday evening slipped in my kitchen, daughter would spilled apple juice. And because we're talking about this, our teenagers, why the hell would you clear that up? You just set a trap for your dad, a man trap. This what happens? What does that Barbie movie things? I need to take out the king my life. She waits ten days, so there's nothing suspicious. I think it's safe to go into the kitchen and wasn't where my slippers fades on a stak patriarchy gets taken down with a puddle, a puddle of apple juice. And I did this thing where I've actually torn something in my gluttosts like gluteous maximus, in my buttons. I've I've got to the front leg. My right leg went there, you know it goes out, and I went into a semi splitz. And at my age, man like me can't do the spits. The first time doo splits is not at fifty terrible tearing sensation. The first time I did this morning at half four, was text my physio going, we've got to talk about my glutters.
Speaker 5: Stop texting me this spoke about this question.
Speaker 4: It's half four. Stop waking me up talking about your gluttus.
Speaker 5: Is this why you're snuck in? Because normally you'll pop in and say hello to the producers.
Speaker 4: I couldn't.
Speaker 5: I just noticed you.
Speaker 4: Needed help this morning. There's something torn in my backside.
Speaker 3: It's got dangerous.
Speaker 4: It's actually really really dangerous. Trap set for a dad. That's what she's done. Then. Anyway, so someone I thought we was said, can we between now and nine o'clock complete the alphabet A foo to Z with things that you've slipped or tripped on?
Speaker 5: A for Apple juice?
Speaker 4: You want Jay for juice? Which way are we going to do it?
Speaker 3: Go Jay for juice.
Speaker 4: It's easier. Let's go Jay for juice.
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 4: Juice brackets, Apple Juice brackets, gottos hashtag torn on my backside at it's a lot there. Okay, guys, all right, so we just need to donate something so we can complete the alphabet. Are things that you might have slipped on or tripped on? Best story we get, we'll give you the double pass to go to concert of a lifetime red Hot Summer taur Live peratsy. If you've got anything that you can donate, what have you slipped on?
Speaker 3: I'm the most accident prime person you'll ever meet, and I just have a thing about tripping up steps, not down steps, but up I don't know whether like one of my feet gets in the way, but downstairs in that cafe down there, I was going for coffee after the show one morning, and I had my purse in one hand, my phone in the other.
Speaker 4: Fine furse, my purse hand, and I tripped up the stairs one of those old Nana pursons, which are about sort of like a kettle well of three kilos. Maybe that's why you tripped over with all.
Speaker 3: My goins, but my hands went out, like I was completely flat. My hands went out in front of me.
Speaker 4: It's actually, if you like take a stumble in your twenties, you don't worry about it. Range now you were like, yeah, you could break a here, Oh my god, I've got cancer. This is how it gets you at fifty. Anything can kill me.
Speaker 3: But it's got concrete flooring down there.
Speaker 4: And it's it's really harsh and dust your floor down.
Speaker 3: There, absolutely horrified. Everyone from all the building was there having.
Speaker 4: And my bad to see this.
Speaker 3: My boobies were a bit bit like you know in the car, the pillows of the air bags airbags.
Speaker 4: I knew what she meant. I did not want to complete it.
Speaker 3: And I skidded up to the showcase where the food is.
Speaker 4: My judges tense.
Speaker 3: With the other side. It was so like I slid along my hair.
Speaker 4: Are you okay?
Speaker 3: I was fine, dignity that was stop mentioning Fancy's airbags.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what do we going for air bags or bags.
Speaker 3: Or A for airbags?
Speaker 4: Please, No, we're not doing that.
Speaker 5: I'm putting for stairs.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, we're trying to complete the alphabet A through to Z of things that you've slipped or tripped over nine four one four one o four three. So we've ticked off.
Speaker 5: J for juice, brackets apple hashtag gluttocks S for stairs.
Speaker 4: Okay, what have you got?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, I can take out P or D wife slipped on dog pe I don't know. Rob's wife smashed her elbow into pieces. A cast for six weeks, can't fully extend her arm that's all right, So what about you deal P for dog pe. I'm putting P no, no, not you you.
Speaker 5: You you, yes, yes, and clinical terms.
Speaker 4: Christian. I tripped uber trolley at Woolly's while singing out loud the lyrics ain't nothing going to break in my stride Matthew Wilder song. We play one hit one of from the eighties, fell flat in my face. That's from Janelle. Janelle. Okay, so Teva trolley, diva trolley, thank you very much that we're trying to complete the alphabet A through to Z or things that you slipped or tripped over? Nathan, good morning, good morning, How are you? I'm good Nathan. So what can you give us sent as we try and tick off the alphabet of things?
Speaker 17: So story goes out this time last year, I work on the Wolves on the docks and I was climbing up a set of stairs from the wharf up to a building. I turned her out at the top, I slipped in a fresh pile of seagull excrement and body surf back down the stairs, knocked out cold cake, wearing a spinal bought with all my team carrying me off, and had a full shoulder reconstruction because of it.
Speaker 4: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 17: Fresh seagull excrement.
Speaker 4: He excreament.
Speaker 5: Those bloody seagulls should have given them a chip, yeah.
Speaker 4: Or ice cream. They remember it, then you know what I reckon. They were in sanding with the magpie cream love ice cream. Oh seagulls love ice.
Speaker 5: Cream, can't be true.
Speaker 4: No one of them stole one of my ice key ones. These I have it. It's things shoes. It was going to take me away to its nest or whatever. This thing down massive them and seagulls work together. I welcome on seagull magpie overlords. Seriously. Excrement, cold shoulder reconstruction. That is rough.
Speaker 7: It makes a good story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was quite.
Speaker 5: Did you tell people that's how you got knocked down and have the shoulder reconstruction or you.
Speaker 4: Have a I would have said I was dealing with an intruder, John Wickston, I was fighting with bear. You should start that there, Nathan, great story, Thank you very much, e for excrements. Let's go to Annie here. Good morning Annie, oh.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Hi morning Jeep the grass. I was at a work conference some years ago in a chain building activity. Thought I could still sprint forgot. I was in my fifties and not my twenties, slipped on the grass, ripped my hamstring from my hip.
Speaker 4: Though, right into the old gluttocks, and I was in rehab for a Oh no, no the way he said he went into rehabits like you had an addiction. Annie, I've got a grass problem. Hello Annie?
Speaker 3: What is it when you're in your fifties you think you can do what you did in your twenties. It's like, I know I can. Then your body reminds you you really can't.
Speaker 4: Ego says you could still do it. Anybody says no, actually got Annie. Awful story, but funny one for us. Thank you very much, mate, Thank you all right? So which letters are we are? We now completed on our alphabet eights of things that you slipped and tripped over?
Speaker 5: We have D for dog, poo for extrement, G for grass, J for juice, S for stairs, TEE for trolley, you for uran.
Speaker 4: Great what can you give us?
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast?
Speaker 4: All right, So we're doing our eight is we're trying to go through the alphabet with your stories about what you've slipped or tripped over. Some of the ones we've got so far coming on, He's coming on it.
Speaker 5: Slip over dog, poop, excrement, g for grass, jay for juice, es for stairs, tea for trolley, you for urine?
Speaker 4: Gotcha, Chrissy, what can you give us? Good morning, Chrissy, welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Good morning Christian.
Speaker 8: I can give you bee for broomstick.
Speaker 4: Be for broomstick. We've got a wee on the line.
Speaker 14: It was as my dad said, I shouldn't have left step pass in the paddic but I kepped over broomstick and as I was trying to get up while it was actually picked up by a ball camel by the shoulder. So I was feeding it bread and picked me up and just shook me about six feet up in the air and tore ligaments in the shoulder and all because it was two over a broomstick while feeding the camels and breeze.
Speaker 4: We've all been there, ye camels in the paddles.
Speaker 14: And I'm still known to this day, six years later as the camel girl during the Wettle Bee X Ray Place.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you said camel girl, because I'm still known as a camel Tooe Crest by that stuff. Childhood I want to go back to guys. That is some story. Do we do see for Camel? Camel? Amazing story. Chrissy, thank you so much for sharing that today. Have a good day. Let's go to Dave. Good morning, Dave morning. So we're just at c for Camel as we go through the alphabet of things that you've slipped or tripped over. What's it for you?
Speaker 18: Mine is w full waters with an S on the end that almost thirty years ago. Now, I was walking up behind my pregnant girlfriend at the time up some wooden steps and all of a sudden I slipped on some water and smacked my chin on the step and looked up and she just went, oh, no, I think my waters have I think?
Speaker 4: And you slipped? I mean you have one thing as guys, just just to be a bystander and hol pound. Oh yeah, dilating, just talk about my dame's head.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't understand.
Speaker 4: This is real agony.
Speaker 18: Smacked the chin on the steps and yeah, I didn't have any ear bags to stop me, so you know.
Speaker 3: We're not in the right place anyway.
Speaker 4: Didn't inflate Patsy.
Speaker 3: And was she very put out at the fact that while I'm in labor. I don't care about your smashdout base.
Speaker 19: We actually just buntle off her head off. Yeah, so what.
Speaker 4: Do we do? W waters waters with an on the end, Dave, great story, Thanks you call the show mat, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Here's guys Christian Connell's show.
Speaker 4: Podcast years ago. It's lucky to actually interview Roger Dultrey and Pete Townsend and then introduce him on stage at the Royal Abbitt Hall. It's incredible line. And so Roger Daughttery. We were talking about Keith Moon, the legendary one of the one of the rock and rolls legendary drummers like the who had a huge, big sound, a lot of it driven by Keith Moon, the drummer who was a proper you know years ago you have had these wild rock and roll well they used to call him Moon the loon because he was out there. He would put explosions. Roger's only got one working ear sort of now ear drumm, right, Roger Daltrey, he has to have like his his in earphones that he sings with really loud because his hearing was blown by repeatedly. Keith would put hide explosions actual dynamite in his drum kits and blow them up at the end of shows without telling his bandmates who are in front of him. Some gaie anyway, So what's your favorite Keith Moon's story to Roger Daltrey's lead singer of The Who, He said he once took a mate of his round to meet Keith It was like, I really want to meet Keith Moon, so we won't want to see him. Was like a Sunday afternoon, and Keith Moon answered the door right, and he was dressed as a samurai, and they around. They had a load of drinks and all that. Lest they were leaving, this guy that routes his door doing with him said, so did you ring him? And he like played a prank by chusing a samurai. I went, no, No, he didn't know we were coming. So he just on a Sunday by himself and his dresses a samurai like kind of picture you doing Samurai Sunday? All right, So we're doing. Ah, what if you slipped or tripped over by the end of today's show, we will not leave the show until we've done the alphabet A foo two Z are things that you slipped and tripped over rho. What have we got so far?
Speaker 5: We got C for camel, B for bruinstick, D for dog poo, E for excrement different to dog poo, G for grass, jay for juice, es for stairs, tee pa troy, you for urine, W for waters.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go to a Robert. What letter can you give us?
Speaker 7: I can give you the letter L L four letter.
Speaker 4: Let's hear it. What happened?
Speaker 11: No, I'm painted by trade. I had two extension leaders on the ground. I lifted one extension ladder up to put it on the top of the car, and I tipped on the extension ladder that was on the ground.
Speaker 4: So what have you got? Like a foot through the row?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Hang on. So the ladder I was holding on to hit the back of the car, and I used all my strength to keep myself standing up rather than falling over. And then I felt a pop in my left hand, left arm, and I thought, oh, that sounds a bit strange. So and I happened to be working at a doctor's residence and the doctor was home, and I told him what had happened, and he came out and he said, oh, you've got a diystal biceps tendon rupture. So I erupted my biceps off the tent, the tendon off the radius bone, and I had a nice big popeye muscle.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that sounds agony.
Speaker 11: Well, it was sore, but it's not really the agony. The issue is is that, yeah, I could still do stuff, but because it's off the radius, I couldn't.
Speaker 7: I did I not.
Speaker 4: Later did research.
Speaker 11: You can't turn like doorknobs if you don't get it fixed. It's like a gift my arm.
Speaker 4: But I did.
Speaker 11: The research I did do is that it happens to a lot of extreme sports people, so listess and rock climbers and snowboarders, because it's an extreme exertion of the bicep of ninety degrees. So I thought, I'll just call myself an extreme painter.
Speaker 4: And I hope now, Robert, that is what your business is called, the extreme painter.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, I did the same injury on the other arm, but then I was teaching, so that was another.
Speaker 5: To any room now that both your arms.
Speaker 4: On my left foot or so, like Daniel day Lewis.
Speaker 11: Well, I've got a nice Harry Potters scar on the inside of my elbow from the operation that reattached it.
Speaker 4: So okay, ell for ladder, ladder, ladder, all right, and can you open doorknobs or is it still affected? No?
Speaker 11: No, ae hundred percent, it's a ndred percent.
Speaker 4: No friendly, yep, thank you all right, Robert, thank you very much. You got Let's go to Michelle. Otherwise, what a great fun. And tomorrow, what can't you do?
Speaker 5: You go somewhere different with that?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no, that's for the late show in two weeks time. What can't you do? You can't open it because they've got that bicep off, the tendon off the radius. Do your own research, do your own research on this, Michelle. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 16: I was on long servicely with my mum, staying at a hotel in the city, and she wanted some pillows off the floor, so as I got off the beer because we were home in the afternoon having a cap, and I caught my and THEE on the sofa and it propelled me forward.
Speaker 7: In the way I landed was.
Speaker 16: On my arm, not the best way, and I shed it. My broke both the bones in my own which is the owner and the radius ambulance to the elf freud spout a nine hour surgery to fix it. The surgeon there said that he had to pick the pieces of my elbow out with tweezers. Anyway, I've since had four I was off work for nearly three and a half months in embrace, couldn't drive, and every morning my husband would I'd greet him at the front at the door of the bedroom door when he was off to work, and he would put my hair up using the vacuum because he didn't know how to do it otherwise.
Speaker 12: And he had to.
Speaker 3: Bless.
Speaker 16: He googled how to find all a lot of single dads apparently had to do that with their little ones want their hair up, and didn't. He didn't know how to do it, and I couldn't stand okay with the vacuum.
Speaker 7: So you put the tie around the.
Speaker 16: Barrel and you suck your hair up, and then you slip the tie on, and you'd also have to put my brain on because you can't do that one handed.
Speaker 3: Impossible?
Speaker 4: What do you think impossible?
Speaker 13: For the hair tie?
Speaker 7: So he became an expert.
Speaker 4: So he did that. I'm going to try this today because today right because she's always going I would love, she goes, can you put my hair, and then she looks at me and reminded that I'm a man to go. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 16: Well I used to, and he had the well, you can't do with the dice. You need to have a barrel. Doesn't a dison doesn't have a barrel, does it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just need the stick of a French part.
Speaker 4: You need the barrel.
Speaker 16: So every morning I'd have the back already plugged in, bra in hand, and as he walked out the door to go to work, here he was having to put my hair up and put my bra on.
Speaker 3: That's true love. Yeah, that's gorgeous.
Speaker 16: Well that was the funny part. But the things you learned to do one handed, because of course I had no arm for three months. It was a huge, huge The surgeon, the offred said, did this lady do this in the car accident? And they said, no, just a little fall. But I think it's the angle I landed on. But I heard it something breaken. I said to him, something's broken, something's broken. And then the pain kicked in and the man before you saying about the hand, well, I also can't turn my hand completely over because of the radius. I didn't know what.
Speaker 4: Made you risks all that.
Speaker 16: The radius and I had to do a VIC roads driving assessment because if you can't turn your hand properly, you can't.
Speaker 7: Take evasive action to the lift.
Speaker 16: Had to do a VIC roads driving assis to keep.
Speaker 4: Going to and then turn around.
Speaker 8: You could go anywhere in turn rice.
Speaker 1: I mean there, I've just got a long way to early take.
Speaker 4: The long words at the seasonic route. We're definitely doing what can't you do? Yep? After you saying that you couldn't turn left for a wire to do a VIC Rhodes assessment. This is amazing what people have to do when they have these when we have these innocent injuries, they have these massive sort of recoveries afterwards. Yeah, so true, so true. Brother. I'm trying to track up all together like that Jerry Springer there, just beave it all together like a word magician and create silence. All right. So, hey, do you know what Michelle with that story, You're not going to give you what we don only shout like that. I'm gonna give you what is it? Cash cigarettes or goombag? You are off to red hot summer tour. We said the best story we get this morning. Yes, yes, yes, yeah, just keep turning right, you'll get out to rotching wineries all morning, some racecourse, you'll hit one of them, and just simple minds of me there waiting for you on stage. Guess yes, guide them in the car park.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Chris.
Speaker 4: I know we love that story. You're a very funny story telling. Michelle is funny story brand.
Speaker 16: It wasn't at the time, I can tell you nearly, and I also nearly lost my job because I'm a type all day and you can't type one hand, and so it was.
Speaker 4: Quite try that vacuum for that.
Speaker 16: That you need to go and try that.
Speaker 7: You need to try that.
Speaker 4: So many things to try to add out to my ongoing bucket list, breaking radius. Thank you, bless you, thank you, Michelle, thank you, thank you you hang up, Michelle.
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Are you there? You go? I hate saying goodbye Michelle. She's gone. Everyone.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, winn a Billboard. We're into last two days of winn a Billboard, where we give you instant control live during the show of all the billboards, or not all of them, but quite a few. Pree single one that would be too much maybe one day who knows where the billboard is here. The power's gone to my head. Guys habits. The billboards that we have on off are on the Nepean Highway, bolt A Bridge, Princess Freeway, tell A Freeway, and the Monash So during the next half an hour Monday, we'll be using all the billboards to give motivation to the Matildas. I don't want to say we help them get four goals, but I'm going to say we got four goals.
Speaker 5: We never put the billboards up before and they lost to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, put the month nothing for the Nigeria game. You do the mats So we're going to turn it today thank you Thursday. Who do you want to think? It can be someone from years ago, might be someone in your life who's helping you out right now, like Michelle there when she broke a radius had to get her husband to get the vacuum clean up to help put her hair up. So who do you want to thank can be absolutely anybody. The billboards are yours. We had This came in yesterday which gave me the idea like maybe we could just turn it to thank you today. This came from Bi anchor after yesterday's show. Good morning Christian and the rest of the team in Melbourne, everybody listening. I believe my father Mark.
Speaker 3: Deserves a billboard to say thank you.
Speaker 8: For all he's done.
Speaker 17: At the very least, I would love that billboard to say yah.
Speaker 5: Dat's a lot of people don't believe in heroes, but it's because they haven't met you yet.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, thank you for all.
Speaker 5: That you do for everybody and all that you are as a father.
Speaker 4: Love Boo Boo and the rest of Melbourne, everybody, the family and friends.
Speaker 5: Everyone, we love you and thank you for being who you are.
Speaker 4: That is lovely and dad sounds like an amazing man. Mark cal a brighter.
Speaker 1: Now you're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast, so.
Speaker 4: You've got control of the billboards. Now, what message would you love to have up there? Thousands of people can sit but most important today, even though thousands of us will see it, it's actually a thank you from you to somebody, and it's a public thank you, which is a really nice thing. I think. I love seeing thank you messages because you wonder what's gone on. I think, well, somebody did something nice for somebody else, and that we all need to remind it of that. We saw this last week. We all felt it was what Sue was ringing up to try and move her brother's wedding, you know, in just a couple of days. Brian and Heather, all right, so who do you want to thank? And we'll put it on a billboard. Matty, good morning, Hey, how I A I'm good Matty. So, Matti, who do you want to thank? Mate?
Speaker 12: A bloke by the name of Marcus Somato is the boxing coach of Peninsula Boxing in Mornington went through a bit of a rough patch aout six weeks ago and he reached it out to me and got me in the gym, and since then he's helped me get a bit of routine and happiness back into my life. And he's also helped me lose a favor bit of weight too while we're at it.
Speaker 4: Oh, what an amazing guy. That sounds very lovely story.
Speaker 19: He's a ri.
Speaker 4: It's amazing what boxing clubs. When I was a teenager, I was part of a boxing club for three and it was such. It was a really rough part of town and for a lot of kids and broken homes. Boxing club was like a saved space for them, And there were two coaches there that were just they were like, they really make it like it sounds like you're your coach there, Marcus Somada. They really make a difference in people's lives when they need them.
Speaker 12: Yeah, most definitely. And that's helped me with me three as well, and just general health and fitness and just really be happy again.
Speaker 19: So I appreciate it a lot.
Speaker 4: Oh what a great friend. So yeah, we'll definitely put this message up. So where do you want it? Which? Which one do you think he's going to see? So we've got them Matty on the Nepean, the Bolt, the Princess Freeway, the tone of the monash.
Speaker 19: Let's go the ballsy, nice and big.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go nice and big for a big public. Thank you, t box coach. So what do you want it to say?
Speaker 19: Ah, Jess not thanks Marcus.
Speaker 7: You're a legend.
Speaker 4: The point it's like a one two bank bank.
Speaker 5: Do you just just Marcus? Do you want his full name?
Speaker 4: Marcus Somado the full name?
Speaker 5: Ye, thanks Marco, your allegend from Maddie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and how are you now, Mattie? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Going great, loving it, happy and got a bit of routine going on and yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it makes all the difference, isn't it When we get some It's amazing what even exercise can do. Sometimes it's not going to make problems go away, but it just it just helps start to shift things a bit, doesn't it.
Speaker 19: Yeah, for sure it's done that.
Speaker 4: Now when you said he's up in your footy, you don't really want to be sparking people out with the old.
Speaker 19: No, probably not the discipline that he Yeah.
Speaker 4: The discipline, that's what he's hand with Theo's Duke's chamber. Okay, all right, listen, Mattie, thank you very much for give us a call and let us know about an amazing Marcus. Might well put your message up in the next ten minutes. Okay, yeah, all right, Mattie. I'm glad you're doing well.
Speaker 1: Thanks the Christian Connell Show podcast Thank You Thursday.
Speaker 4: That's who are putting on the billboards. Your thank you messages were coming to the end. Tomorrow will be the last day for now of when a billboard. Yesterday's message was from Gary the gardener on behalf of all the gardeners? Was this again a public service message? Real? What have you got? Hey?
Speaker 5: Dog owners? Pick up your dog? Poop. I don't want a whipper snipper faceful of it. Thank you Gary brackets On behalf of all gardeners.
Speaker 4: I hope it's making a difference. Maybe early on we had a message from a Carton fan want to thank their team for turning up last Friday and beating the Bies. Maybe Richmond and Tigers want to send one to Dimmer saying, hey, it's great that you're better now and you're back of the job market. That's such a quick bounce back enjoying a bit more sunshine up there on the gold Cosa. What a story. All right, So we got Lara here. Good morning, Lara, Good morning now, Lara, who would you like to thank?
Speaker 13: Think I want to thank a man by the name of Kieran. He's a stranger to me, but he helped my son last week. My son was catching public transport home from school and he got off the bus and was walking across the road and collapsed and Kieran saw it happened and ran over and assisted him and called an ambulance and then called me to tell me where what had happened. And I think he's pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: I hope your son's okay.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Look, he's his things and specialists now, so he's he's doing really well. So I just wanted to put a big thank you out there to this this man who is a stranger, who you know, makes you believe that there are really good people out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, give me goosebumps here and that. So what an amazing guy. So we attended to your son and then cool Tripp was their own weighted Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, man, you know helped my son had a seizure as well, so he helped take care of him and hold his head and you know, do all those things that are incredible for a stranger to do. And and you know, as a parent, you know it's it's a horrible feeling to get a call from a stranger on your kid's fine, and to hear that he was taking such good care of Remy was amazing.
Speaker 4: God, Laura, we have to put this on the billboard. Yeah, all right, So I think you've kind of I think you've kind of said something really special. I loved it when you said it twice about this guy Karen, a stranger who saved my son's life. It's yeah, that says it all. You always hope when your kids are in a bat for ever in trouble. That someone would do that for your kids and the fact that he did that is amazing this guy.
Speaker 13: Yeah, absolutely agree. I agree.
Speaker 4: So did you manage to speak to him once that the shock of him calling out the blue, it's every parent's worse. It's a night, We're getting a phone call in the middle of nowhere, and that's your son or daughter's in trouble. So if he managed to sort of talk to him in the days after that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I have. I was really lucky that he recognized my son's school uniform and so he had made contact with the school the next day to check if Remy was okay, and so they put him in contact with me. So he was able to tell me exactly what happened, because you know, Remy was blacked out. He had no idea what had happened. So it was incredible. And the time he took to speak to me and you know, really really, you know, really caring, and he said it had moved him, you know, he said, what's the chances that I would be there at that time to help him?
Speaker 9: It was amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also have the presence of mine in a chaotic scout situation to know what to do.
Speaker 13: Yeah, absolutely, all right.
Speaker 4: So Lara, how about something like, so, Karen, thank you a stranger who saved my son's life?
Speaker 13: Sounds great?
Speaker 4: Mum Lara and son Remy Remy with a Y. People. Yeah, we all aspire to be that person, you know, to have that person help someone we care about, to be there for them. It's a you're right. We all feel better here in that story, don't we.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, incredible?
Speaker 4: All right? So are we spelling? Kieran? Right? How have you got it down? Rio? See? I A do you think he is going with the Irish?
Speaker 5: I've gone?
Speaker 4: Kay, of course, I forget where we are in the world.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 20: Angle, So Kiaram, thank you a stranger who saved my son's life.
Speaker 5: Mum Lara and son Remy Remy with a Y.
Speaker 7: You happy with that, Lara, Yeah, I appreciate you doing that.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, it's at least we can do. That's what we want to do with the thank you message today. This is what it's all about. I'm glad that he will get some small thank you for the huge thing he did. And and you know what, there's a lot of people listening right now. Maybe it make us all just get off our phones a bit and look around us to check in and see if everyone's okay during our days. Yeah, yeah, Lara, thank you very much for telling us about Kieran. And I'm glad your son, Remy with the white is doing okay.
Speaker 13: Now, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: All right, take care Lara, Bye bye. Well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're into the last two days at the end of week two of Winner Billboard, where we give you the control of the billboards of Melbourne your messages. Today we're turning it into giant thank you two amazing story. Matty called us earlier. I want to thank you is boxing trainer at Peninsula Boxing in Mornington, an amazing man by the sound of it, marcos Amado, where Mattie was going through a tough breakup a couple of weeks ago. He got to come back to training, getting some regular exercise and it really helped him get through a tough spot in his life. And then we just heard five minutes ago an amazing story from Lara, my dad and the school owner. Now can really feel her heart. Last week, she gets a phone call out of the blue about her son Kieran sort of. The stranger was called Kieran. She got a phone call by her son Remy, with a white who collapsed on public transport, blacked out, was having a seizure and a stranger called Kieran maged to hold his head so obviously didn't choke in his tongue or anything like that. Did all the first day that we're supposed to know but hardly nevers do know and really helped him. Called Triple zero, then called Lara, Remy's mum to say what had happened and that he was waiting with him as well. And then get this, obviously, a local guy recognized a school uniform calls the school the next day to find out is the kid okay? I mean, it's an amazing story, So thank you so much for these. Thank you, Christian. My daughter and I had a severe car accident last year. I spent a minimum of two days every week at Atworth Rehabilitation Hospital in Hawthorne, the rehab jim at Atworth Richmond Hydrotherapy Pole. I want to thank my incredible rehabilitation team for continuing to put all of my pieces back together and how we get stronger and stronger so I can have my life back. It's been a rough, long and emotional rob but they have been amazing. Leanne im Packingham Well, thank you very much to the Atworth Richmond Hydrotherapy team and also Epworth Rehabilitation Hospital in Hawthorne obviously doing amazing work. Very different tip, Christian, I want to thank my new Flannelette sheets. I've just never known comfort like this. They are good. Thank you for being there for me Flanelet sheets. Shout out for those Flannelet sheets. Huh. Thank you to all the beautiful midwives across me Albourne. They care for families at a huge moment in such a gorgeous way. They also take time to train the next generation of midwives while they're at it. That's from Catherine in Frankston. Nathan, let's speak to Nathan here. Good morning, Nathan, Good morning Christian. I'm good buddy. Welcome to the show. And who are we? Thank you on behalf of you.
Speaker 7: I'm wanting to take my boss Woi Horseman, Nathan.
Speaker 4: What an amazing name.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's what I think too.
Speaker 4: Wally Horseman. Yep, that feels like from a different generation, doesn't it. A nugget old you know, sort of Defender from the VFL the forties or something. You know what Horseman picked up the wall Horseman on the left, Jake sc Is, Yeah, yeah, sorry, anyway, tell us about Wally Horseman.
Speaker 7: Right, So, he's he gave me an apprenticeship when I turned seventeen, and he's sort of kept me going for the last nineteen years. He's literally picked me up and dropped me off every day for nineteen years, and he's taught me everything I know from start to finish. He's sort of been like a father figure to me for so long, and I thought this was a great opportunity to sort of say thank you. He's actually up on the roof listening to your show at the moment.
Speaker 4: The ladder.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, so I'm at the bottom of the ladder.
Speaker 4: He's on the road. You know, we know, be thanking Wally's medical team. Other than fell off the flipping roof because Yoda's apprentice young Skywalk at the bottom there was wasting on the radio.
Speaker 7: I just thought I'd run down and yeah, just give you the call to say thank you to him, because I really do appreciate everything he's ever done.
Speaker 4: Do you know what, We're lucky to have these mentors, aren't we that becomes sometimes a mother or father figure, but whatever, they're a mental and I guess I'm guessing what the sound of it, Nathan. It isn't just about what he's taught you about roofing and tiling. It's something else, isn't It's it's a lot more.
Speaker 7: He's just sort of never giving up and on me. And that's that's really huge.
Speaker 19: It's really massive.
Speaker 4: I love that this is what we're doing in Nathan. It'll be our pleasure to put something up there from you to Wally Horseman as well. All right, So really, Nathan, what do you wanted to say? Mate? Do you need our help? Have you got something in mind?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure. Thank you for everything forever. Thank you so much for everything. I don't know.
Speaker 4: You say what I say, Horseman, we say Wally talks to the left, all right, So when we say no progress, no we haven't gone.
Speaker 3: What about Wally? Thanks for your belief in me?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Perfect.
Speaker 4: I think we've got to give him his full name. Horsemen.
Speaker 5: I like to thank you for everything forever.
Speaker 7: What you first said, Yes, thank you so much for everything.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Now I think you nailed it first time actually, and thank you for thank you for everything forever forever. Yeah, you can say that while he's up on the roof. You say Wally Wally.
Speaker 7: Then he goes, Guys, it's probably listening right now.
Speaker 4: I think this roofinger and tie it's out.
Speaker 5: Skywalker, awseman, thank you for everything forever from Nathan.
Speaker 4: Do you have a nickname like dry?
Speaker 7: They call me Nato n Ai d.
Speaker 4: O Ida, Thank you all lots of love. What do you want to put on Nathan? What would you thank you?
Speaker 19: What if you are? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that what I want? What would what would you want to say? This is your moment?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, open up that. There's so much I could say.
Speaker 4: Lots of love. It says it all, doesn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's perfect.
Speaker 4: It's touched your heart. I can tell it's it's an amazing thing you've had for almost twenty years of your life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, twenty whole years from start to finish.
Speaker 4: And what is the name of you of the company? You and Wally? What were you cool? Because you know, if anyone needs roof time, they've got to get you two around Yoda and Luke.
Speaker 7: I'll have to I'll have to check with him.
Speaker 19: If I'm allowed to.
Speaker 7: I don't know if he wants to retire or not, but it's Horseman Roofing.
Speaker 5: Great, we'll put that on the billboard. Free advertising.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, you want.
Speaker 4: Check with Wally up there right now. He is whay, do you want a free plug? Or is he looking to a target out the roofing game. Once he puts down that trout, you've got to pick it up. Yeah, basically Wally, and then he will just like dissolve into you like the doctors and regenerate.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But yeah, Horseman Roofing.
Speaker 4: Gotcha quality work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Wally Horseman, thank you for everything forever. Lots of love, NATO brackets, Horseman Roofing, gotcha.
Speaker 4: Yeah, happy with that? Happy with that, Nato.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Do you know what. You're an awesome guy and you've got a big heart and a big soul. Thank you so much for giving us a call. Must have taken quite a bit guts to pick up the phone and go on the radio and say all of that, but thank you.
Speaker 7: I was a bit nervous at the star, but now thank you for letting me say thank you to you.
Speaker 4: It's been a joy chatting to you. You've got a big heart. It's lovely to give someone of that. Thank you back as well.
Speaker 7: Well, Good Christian, thank you so much for everything you guys do as well.
Speaker 4: Pleasure Nathan, keeping on that ladder. Okay, look after Wally Horseman.
Speaker 7: We will do it, definitely, Wally, Wally, Wally, Hi hie.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: Podcast, Dale Brown's has texting Christian what about radio version of Wear's Wally? Pretty sure he's up on that roof love it. It's back tomorrow. He's still waiting for young Nathan to put that ladder off. It off the radio. Come on, young Skywalker, all right, time for this morning's time. Wasteter for grabs some of the best in show today. Another double pass of Seed, Human League in March next year, Human Lea doing Deare Live, Awesome albums from the eighties and other big hits. There's neither of March at the palais THEETI. You can win a double pass right now to down the time Waite. We're looking for your furniture bands. Turn the band an artist into a piece of furniture. The real slim Lamp, Shady Silver plus remember the band stained No damn it let's scratch that.
Speaker 5: Familiar stained chair or something.
Speaker 4: Remember the band calling the gang, say ground stolen in the gang? Did you see it coming over the hill? Death cabinet for qt, silver Deskiny's child.
Speaker 5: Gold plus ottoman at work silvera.
Speaker 4: Stressing cold ottoman. You know that? Men at work washing, men at work? What about lazy boy George Gold? All right, Rio, what have you got furniture bands?
Speaker 5: I'm always talking about the influential German art school operated in the early twentieth century Bowhouse of pain.
Speaker 4: Bro Brons.
Speaker 5: There's some frenchmen in the bedroom. It's daft bunk.
Speaker 4: Darf bunk, dart bunk needed a bed, so don't you dark cleaner as Butody's funnier as dulph bunk beds. I'm wary to your Nathan.
Speaker 5: A rapper at the bar.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, studio he found it. Guys, go for studio beliven. No, one doesn't remember stains.
Speaker 5: Really, I can end on that one.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what was the other one?
Speaker 5: Alis in chairs?
Speaker 4: That's god better than the Bowhouse one. Nothing for smarts around here? You remember how Jack does it?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Waddy Wally Wally never forget okay, flowers one sometimes all right, God want to Bloody is five to nine. We're still going to like ten minutes on the showy. Sorry, he don't mind, five minutes off, he don't mind. All right. We're looking for furniture bands the best in show off to see the Human League live next year at the Palais in March. Furniture bands Futon Fighters Silver, vanilla ice bucket bucket. I'd love a vanilla ice bucket that just every time you took to my Sam went ice ice baby.
Speaker 5: That's awesome gold for that idea.
Speaker 4: Well done. Rohan Green Bedey Gold Fan Halen. These are so good gold and very good. Well. I'm Rebecca mc hammock. It's a gold my chemical toilet, not any furniture. You must have come around see this new chemical toilet we've got. That's a bronze j Z Boy recliner, silver Talking Beds silver recliner, Richie Yes, yeah, Nick Garth bookcase, Garth Brooks books case, silver plus sofa, Ellis Baxter.
Speaker 5: That is very very good gold.
Speaker 4: Wam your shin's on that ottoman there, bronze g flip out sofa. You know what those.
Speaker 5: This is surely the first ever mentioned.
Speaker 4: Of flip Anonymous. You didn't put it, put your name on these, so we can thank you for to one Elton, the John Big Glen World, Big Jeep, Elana's Lounge sets, Oh Bronze John Cougar, Menon lamp, Limp laundry basket to the biscuit ac set. What Yeah, it's like a posh name for a couch, isn't old you have a sitting Yeah, sure, you're right, Silver minus Kennel Loggins nice speech.
Speaker 15: Of furniture A Kennels silver bed, Springsteen silver wardrobe by Williams war Robbie Williams.
Speaker 4: Stewie, well done, Stewart, el Stall j and Metallicaia all right, who is off to see the Human League?
Speaker 5: Anonymous? Four two one g Flip Out Sofa.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, tomorrow's show Today, last day on the billboards for now. Well we give your messages. We put your messages on the billboards of Melbourne. So we've had some nice themes this week. Monday we turned all the billboards that we have that we can change in minutes into Matilda Motivation Monday, cheering them on ahead of the game today, Thank you Thursday.
Speaker 5: What is to get your freak out? Friday?
Speaker 4: Funk on Friday?
Speaker 21: Funky funk on Friday, Find them Friday, Bob, play squash with the Sunday.
Speaker 4: We keep working on this next twenty hours or something. But what is not that attention? Friendly Friday?
Speaker 5: Friendly friend. I'm just saying words now, your benefits.
Speaker 4: We don't want those on the billboards. Frisky Friday, risky something Friday is on tomorrow's show. Guys, tune into workout what we've cobbled together, and we go back into our trying to compete the alphabet A food to letter Z on things that you've slipped and tripped on, tripped on, slipped on or tripped on. Wally, Wally, Wally, he stood up on that roof, hit him down, Nathan. Alright, So we have ticked off these letters so far with some amazing stories.
Speaker 5: Today we have seen people that have slipped on robot rear.
Speaker 4: What happened there? A I I'll let you two minutes ago, said so I'll do some rubbish about Friday and then I'll come to you about what letters we have.
Speaker 5: I had the wrong window some time. People have slipped on broomsticks, camels, dog poo, excrement, grass, juice, ladders, stairs, trolleys, urine and waters.
Speaker 4: Gotcha? All right? So hold up? What's outstanding? What letters? Do we need a story beginning with the letter.
Speaker 5: A, F H, L M N.
Speaker 4: Catch all these letters. They're the matrix speaking by right now? Do you know? Just calling tomorrow with somebody who slips or tripped over and then we can just double up. Why are you wonrying about dumping that my life would be okay? We don't compete the alphabet. Guys, would I want to say this anyway? We will pick it back up tomorrow on Friday, Funday Funday. No, no, no sort of thing you know.
Speaker 3: Fox would do Friday?
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, that's something Kissed would do Friday on Friday. Get your grid on with the Grill team driving home, men Ken's I don't see no bombie movie a shrinking nuts, not on this show, not on Tribble. I need to go, you know what? I don't normally have two cups of coffee about too.
Speaker 3: Much captains and lie down, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show Podcast