Speaker 1: This is Outspoken, the podcast It's not afraid to say exactly what you're thinking. Our names are Amy Kay and Sophie Torva. We're identical triplets that we often don't have identical opinions, so sometimes things can get heated. Outspoken covers all things reality TV, influences, entertainment, and issues facing women. That is so fat. Thank you, Welcome back to another episode of Outspoken. Now, we thought we'd give you a bit of a wrap up of our weekend and what we've been up to. But basically, the most interesting thing we have been doing is watching Love Island UK. I have been so excited about the return of Love Island. It just seems like there's some normality in the world now that it's back on. It really gives you a reason to live during I know, I've been having the fire going and watching Love Island. I was eating sombreros last night. It was just perfect. Well, what was everyone's first impressions of the Islanders? Well, the only one that I've really it's really caught my eye is Brad and I do hate his name because that's the name of my ex boyfriend, but he is hot now he is a laborer I mean, there's not too much I know else about him other in the bag that he is smoking hot. Oh no. He lives with his grandma, looks after and they've got a little dog that lives with them. The other thing I know about Brad is his tan is incredibly dark, and I do not know how I'm guessing solarium tan. I was wondering because apparently the Islanders have been sent over to Spain and they've had to do the fourteen day quarantine, and I just thought, has he just sat himself on a sun lounge and just gone wilde? It looked like a few of them had. It made me feel uncomfortable. I did really like the fact that there was some product placement of suncream. It was only thirty plus. I mean, hopefully next time they do fifty plus, but I feel like it was a step in the right direction. I just wish they'd show them putting it on well. I wonder if that's because past contestant Molly May has spoken about having melanoma, and whether they've made conscious effort to have to keep them safe. I hope so doesn't look like it by the tans they're sporting currently. What did everybody think about the choice in the contestants, because obviously there's a huge number of people they could have put into the villa first up, but they've chosen this bunch of people. I was a little bit disappointed, if I'm honest. I do think it's interesting to analyze this first group of people because historically these are the people that stay around on the show, and I think it's quite clear that these people have strong personalities. So I did find some of them annoying. But I feel like they're going to be the people that bring the entertainment, and that they'll have a lot of other people coming through and being a part of the storyline, but these are going to be the set people. Yeah, they also have a purpose, don't they, Because you can already see there's gonna be some fights that are gonna bubble over. Of course there are. I actually really like Fae out of the girls. I think she's gonna be really really funny. She's the one that's been partnered up with Brad originally. I also think Chloe, So Chloe was the intruder that came in. She seems like she's ready to sort of ruffle a few feathers and everybody's loving Sharon. In the UK, Sharon has been shouted as the big feminist of it. Everyone's loving her. I actually didn't really like her. So Brand's and a nice sat and watched together and we thought that she wasn't that nice, Actually, Sharon, I know I did not like her. I was thinking of the blonde girl. No, I didn't like her. So she's but she's gonna get good, is she? Well? I think she's really all about girl power and standing up for herself. Because there was a bit of contention over the fact that Hugo or mister Hammond, the teacher, he made some comments saying that he didn't think that she was sort of worthy of bringing home to mum and dad. And this is after the challenge where they dressed up as horny devil's and revealed secrets about themselves. This is after the teacher basically had it revealed on international television that he had sex with somebody in the middle of a street and kissed ten women in a night. He's saying that he doesn't think Sharon's good enough to bring her. I find that a really bizarre comment to make from him, because she is one of the testines who has a really impressive job. She's obviously a very intelligent girl. Yeah, well she's a civil servant. She makes legislation up and she When I heard that, it made me think, is she going to be like Camilla from a couple of years ago, she who was quite she stood out from the pack because she wasn't like all the other girls. Yeah, she wasn't really willing to talk about anything sexual, but it was quite clear that Sharon wasn't like that. She did fit in with the girls. Well, it's quite interesting because I feel like Hugo. So mister Hammond, as I mentioned, he's been a really divisive character and I thought he seemed really lovely when he came in. He gave me doctor Alex vice from a few years ago. But apparently, unsurprisingly the school he used to work for and not too happy that he's appeared on Love Island. I mean the promotion around the fact he's a teacher. He was heard saying this is definitely going to be a mister Hammond summer, No Detention's all fun, top mark, So that's the dream. When I saw this, I thought, shit, that skill is not going to be yeah big yeah. But the thing is so the school aren't accepting him back. But do you really think he wants to go back to his teaching role. These people that appear on Love Island, they get international fame and most of them end up as influences, earning a lot of bank fut It's exactly what I explained to Brandon, because he actually sat down and watched the first two episodes with me and he said, gee, that guy is going to lose his job. And I said, he probably wants to lose a job. It's his gimmick into getting into Love Island being a teacher. I found the statement from the school quite funny. It said mister Hammond was here on a very short placement during his teacher training in the spring term. He was not employed by the school, and then the spokesperson declined to reveal more, adding we have no further comment to make. Wow. So who would you guys have stepped forward for. I actually already know this answer, because we've all been sending this name snapchat around of this contest. Well, I actually initially thought that I would have stepped forward for mister Hammond because I thought he had not Brad. Well. This is before Brad came out because Brad came out last.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I felt like I'd have more to chat to him about, and I thought that he would have, as you said, Amy, the Doctor Alex appeal, where he'd really grow on you. Okay, well let's go through the guy. So Jake came out. He was the guy with the tattoos, the hairy chest, and he was quite short, and I would have not stepped forward for him. I think I just I could just tell. I was like, no, this is not my set of person. Too into the gym. I do think that he and his partner, Liberty, they do suit each other. I was disappointed that he was saying that he didn't really fancy her that much, but she said the same thing about him. To be fair, I think that's when you first meet people you don't know yet, and it's not until the jealousy of other people come in that you realize how much you like someone. I'm going to put it out there. I do think this pair will be a bit of a power couple and be around for a long time. Well then there was Aaron, and there were two girls who stepped forward to him. He was lovely, nice and tall, but I got a bit of like a smarmy vibe off him. See, I didn't like that he said, oh, I'm a model, But then it turned out that he was studying commerce. I would have led with that to begin with. Yeah, he of course picked Shannon, and she actually didn't step forward for him, so that was pretty interesting. He just went with who he thought was the most attractive. But it doesn't seem to be working out because there's literally no chemistry between those I say, she had an incredible figure. Oh my god, I know her ass like that. That was the first shot that they opened the whole show up with. I was like, oh my good, it looks bear. Then there was Toby. I didn't really I don't really like his jokes. Toby. I don't know if I would have step forward. I was not surprised that no one stepped forward for him, because he just didn't bring it, like you've got to bring it when you walk out there. Apparently all the girls were annoyed that the guys didn't give them eye contact. I thought this is pretty interesting because I suppose if you're having to step forward, you're really putting yourself out there, so you're trying to get a vibe off a guys, do you know what if I was on the show, I'd be waiting for the last guy because they seem to always bring the hottest guy, because obviously it sounds so shallow, but this show is initially based off looks, and then they get to know each other and that's when all the recoupling happens. But let's be honest. They left Brad at the end so all the girls would step forward. And the funny thing is we're all frothing over him, but it seems to be that he doesn't have the best personality at the moment. What a surprise. Yeah, I mean fact. I mean he tried to sell it that he You know, everyone thinks I'd be outshagging all these girls, but I'm not, and I live with my nana. But I kind of think it's this. He's putting on this nice guy act, but he's so good looking that I just don't trust him. I don't know about I don't know. I want to see what happens with him because I think that people are judging him as well based on his looks, and you think he would be a bad boy, but he might not be. He seems very small. Well, he was in an eight and a half year relationship, so maybe he is looking for the right person or he just wants to go on this show and have some fun. Yeah, but he's been a complete dick to Fae. I mean, that wasn't very nice what he did. There is somebody that Brad looks like, though I've seen him before. I think it's someone from The Only Ways Essex because it's the one that was dating Lauren Pope. Yes, We've got to put the photo in the community because I was trying Joey Essex. It was so Yes, that is who he looks like, because he's got the same accent as well. Are you following Brad on Instagram or is at a no? No, not yet. I know Sophie won't be allowed to. It was funny because I did ask Reese before Love Islands started. I said, will you watch Love Island with me? And he said yes. So he was at basketball training the night. I watched the first couple of episodes and he came back in when they were doing the Horny Devil task and it just cracked me up. I'm like sitting in a blanket with Shadow on the couch, like watching these hot guys go down this slippery dip into ice. He just walked in at that exact time. I feel like everyone who sits down with their partner also says, oh, who would you pick? On the first episode. It's always funny hearing really he did Brandon pick? Well, Brandon's first pick was Fae, but then when Chloe came in, he said, Oh, they've clearly kept Chloe to the end because she's the pick out. Really loves them. That's interesting. I felt like watching the show that I'm getting old because some of their bathing suits. I was like, the under boob was extreme. I've never it's, particularly with Sharon. I thought, Wow, they're so perch. They all looks amazing, But I just I don't if I'd have the confidence to rock that under boo. Bunny, Well, I don't have any boobs, so under over bloody side, I have to say Love Island is just a cut above too hot to handle. Something about watching too hot to handle it? I actually feel really gross. Yeah, I feel dirty. Amy and I watched it last week and you kind of enjoy the first couple of episodes, but haven't been drawn to watch it again. I do agree Sophie having watched Too Hot to Handle. It is just not on the same playing field. I feel dirty watching it. I think it's because it's so sex based and it's all about the contestants wanting to have sex that you don't really get to know their personalities, whereas Love Island you do get to know who they are, but they also have those lame challenges where people are supposed to find themselves. It's like, at least be like Love Island and just know that it's smart, you know what I mean, Like, just embrace it on the challenges. I do wonder if they're going to be including some of the same because we haven't seen Love Island since the pandemic. Because remember they have that challenge where they'll make a milkshake and they'll have to transport the food from one islander to the other islanders. Now, yeah, and it's disgusting, I'm thinking in the pandemic. I don't know if that's going to be appropriate. That being said, the host did say that they're in their own sex bubble, so maybe it is acceptable.
Speaker 2: I love and our Little Dog definitely wouldn't regard me enough or any I'm brad, I'm twenty six and I'm a lea role. I've been single for two years, recently been in a long term relationship, and now I'm ready to find the one.
Speaker 1: Adams Paul and his girlfriend Mikayla Tester have come up with a rather unusual name for their new Sphinx Kitten. Adas has christened the hairless cat healthy Sergeant Montgomery nutsak fuck the fourth Oh my god. He's also referred to the cat as a piece of shit hairless cat. So this is what he had to say on his sister Anna Paul's TikTok vlog about picking up the cat. So we're about to buy a nutsack cat? What's his name is?
Speaker 2: Healthy Sergeant Montgomery nutsack fuck?
Speaker 1: Before we're sobbing this seven eleven money for a pie hairless nuts I see a nutsack? What a little nutsick. You can't even pat them because there's too many skinfolds. As an animal lover, I just find it appalling to give your animals such a name. I don't know, there's a lot of disrespect going on towards the ANIMALOK. It's always hard to come up with a name for an animal that you like. But I think you're scraping the barrel a bit when you're calling it nutsack. I can see the humor around it, but I feel like, ok, it's a bald cat. Yeah, because it's a bald cat, but they've literally purchased the cat. I feel as a TikTok prop to get a laugh out of it. I feel sorry for the cat. It's such a cute looking cat and they're just humiliating it on TikTok. Yeah. Well, they're treating it like a toy or a possession, and it does remind me of when Rachel got the cat, the Sphinx cat on Friends and how Gunfer actually ended up looking after it and nobody wanted the cat. I just hope that in this case it's not just used as something on TikTok for a laugh and then they just sort of don't look after it because Sphinx cats need a lot of special care. Apparently their skin needs to be moisturized. Look, I think they're probably going to be looking after the cat quite well. In the videos, it did seem like they were taking care of it, But I do think the issue is in the disrespect towards the animal. It does seem very off. Yeah, I definitely think it's disrespectful and as you touched on, Kay, I do think that this cat was purchased for TikTok views. Can you imagine though, if the cat goes missing, you know, I have to call your cat and I'm like did you They're like, Nutsack, just come here, Nutsacked. Well, apparently they're actually going as far as getting it micro chipped under the name Nutsack. So it's not even like it's a funny nickname, because I think a lot of us all have funny nicknames for our pets, but they still have their official name. You It's like those situations where you think something is so funny at home, and then you go into a professional situation like at the vet, where you have to actually say the name. Well, I don't think that they would be embarrassed at all. On the topic of addas Paul, what did you guys think about him at renting out a penthouse hotel during the lockdown. Well, he's done this apparently because he thought he would get bored of his regular rental. I mean, I feel like a lot of people wish they had the money to go and do that. It's a little bit over the top in my way, wy so did he also get the cat nutsack during the lockdown? Is this like a lockdown purchase? It appears he has. So did you see how much those cats are? I googled it two thousand dollars for a Sphinx kit. That doesn't surprise me. We've paid a lot for bailing and well, I mean, I wonder if there'll be more and more people buying these bald cats now, like whether there will be a rise in gen zett as with Boldcat. Maybe he's going to bring out another coin and call it nutsack.
Speaker 3: As I have provided feedback, you know, I've had plenty of people reach out and say, oh my god, you're so ungrateful. Ah listen, Karen, listen, Chrissy hyphen Lee, listen, Sheryl. I don't need your feedback. I don't care. I'm paying for this, and so just what I need you to do is really get centered with the edge of fucking off, unfollow, unsubscribed, delete, unmatch. I don't really know what it is that we've got ourselves into here. What this relationship is where you feel like I care about your opinion but we need to back it up, is really what I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: Anyway, on Thursday, Sarah's Day announced a partnership with GHD hair Straighteners. Now this raised some eyebrows because Sarah has been very vocal about not wanting to use heating tools on her hair in recent times. Look, I don't blame her as someone that has had very damaged and fine hair quite similar to what her hair is like at the moment. I literally had to swear off my GHD hair straightener as well, so I feel her pain. And that's why it particularly surprised me when I did see her promoting this hair straighter, because I was like, hang on, you're not meant to be using that. Because she has uploaded a YouTube video recently where she was trying to embrace her naturally curly hair, so she tested out the Curly Girl hair method. She's also done it last year, I believe, and it just seemed a bit disingenuine to then suddenly be spooking a GHD hair straightener when you said you're not going to be using one, and it's not just the Curly Girl video on its own. I feel like she has been really taking us through this hair journey of hers, which is quite convenient because she is spooking at the moment Tripeka hair Supplements, which is supposed to help grow your hair grow quicker. And a lot of eagle eyed followers have picked up the contradiction around now promoting this Tripeka hair pill because Sarah has her own product called body Bloom, and after she gave birth the Fox, and during her pregnancy she put her hair growth and it thickening up down to the fact that she was taking body Bloom. But now she's suddenly saying, oh, no, hang on, you actually have to have these pills in order to get your hair grown. And I think that's the thing that has been annoying people is the fact that one moment she's spooking one product and claiming this is helping her hair growth. The next she's taking on a new hair journey saying no, you need these pills and I'm doing the Curly Girl method, And then next time it's GHD hair Straightness. Yeah. I know. And I feel like some people might be like, well, just let her do whatever she wants with her hair, but I feel like, because she has this personal brand, she has not really thought about her brand alignment very well, because it just makes her seem a bit disingenuine and happy to sort of take on any type of sponsorship. Yeah, I agree, Kay, I mean, I don't care if Sarah wears her hair curly or wears her hair straight. It's up to her at the end of the day. I don't think this was a very good branding move by GHD either that you should have known if you're trying to give your hair straightness to all these influences, you should be monitoring them. And no, Sarah has been pushing a curly girl non heating method for the last couple of weeks. I do feel like Sarah was a good candidate in the fact that she is a mum on the go and it kind of makes sense from that perspective. However, as you said, the manager or influencer manager for GHD, it really should have checked out a YouTube channel to find out this curly girl method was going on, because a lot of people were commenting what about the curly girl method. The other sort of awkward element about the campaign was it was promoting hair straighteners that you're supposed to take with you on the go, and obviously majority of the influencers were in lockdown, so they're not being able they're having to stage these photo shoots exactly. And for those who don't know, the hair straightener actually cost four hundred and seventy five dollars. I'd know about you, But if I'm worried about my job because of COVID or in lockdown, I'm not going to be splashing out on a hair straightener that I can take around when I don't even know if I'll be out and abouts anytime soon. At the end of the day, I'd love to know who is actually in charge of Sarah's brand deals. Is it Sarah herself? Because in the past, I actually think she's done a great job aligning herself with brands that she actually uses. So it's always that Sarah will bring out a brand, bring out a product with a brand such as White Fox Boota, but it's her line of stuff. Well, hang on, does she use the stuff? Because she always used to be talking about Loving Earth, and she brought out her fruit and nut mix with Loving Earth. However, since that partnership has finished, we don't hear anything about Locke. I mean, you're right, but I'm saying she generally aligns herself with brands that do fit her profile. It's Core brands. She doesn't just go with everyone. Yeah, she's got ongoing partnership, I mean, but now that's changed, That's what I'm saying. I wonder if GHD will be an ongoing partner and if we won't hear about this Curly Girl hair method anymore. Well, in regards to what Sarah actually posted on her Instagram, it was really strange because she didn't actually include in the Insta story that it was an AD, so she did not disclose the fact that it was an AD. That's not really that strange because that's quite hermo on Instagram. She very rarely disclosures AD partnerships. However, she did say at the start of the video like I've partnered with GHD, but as we know, that's really not enough to fit the guide lines at the moment. Well, the other thing that she didn't do, which a lot of the other influencers did, was actually show the final results of the hair straightening either. I found that very strange. It was all of a sudden once the hair was done, she just shoved it behind her back, and to me, that really showed that she's very insecure about her hair, which I do feel very sorry for her, because with anyone that has fine hair and has dye their hair and used hair straighten as too much, no, that your hair can get in a very bad condition very quickly. Yeah. But then strangely enough, then she includes a photo of herself with massive long hair extensions straightened. I don't know, it was all a bit of a shambles. Well, I did notice that Sarah did correctly tag the partnership on the post in the feet. I wonder if this was direction from GHD, because I did see Georgie Stevenson did the same thing in an attempt to embrace my natural wave and like not use heat and build up the volume and the overall health of my hair and my scalp. I'm going to try to embrace my wavy hair for the next few weeks and not use heat on it. Well, I mean, like, if I've got to go somewhere, I have to use my GHD and stuff. Kate Zepp has caused controversy online after saying she was not taking COVID seriously. So for those who don't know, Kate Zep is Chloe Zepp's sister. So what did these posts say? Well, Kate's post said there are two types of people in the world, the sheep and the conscious. The ones who watched the news in fear and all they talk about is how bad COVID is, or the ones who educate themselves and have an idea of what's occurring. You can't argue with stupid. If anyone who sees this and thinks I'm stupid for not taking COVID seriously, please unfollow me and never look at my page again. Well, I was hoping that she would literally have zero followers, but she's still got seventy three point one thousand followers. And I had a look at Social Blade and in the last thirty days she's only lost four hundred and twenty followers, So that's pretty disappointing. Well, as we were talking about on Friday's episode, I feel once someone says something controversial, people almost follow just to kind of get the popcorn ready and have a laugh at what's going on. I love how she says you can't argue is stupid. It's like, yes, you're definitely correct. That's the only correct thing you've said the whole time. I mean, I would have unfollowed her, but I never have followed her in the first place, and nor do I look at her content. I'm really over this narrative of influencers saying they've gone and educated themselves on a matter, when clearly all they've done is google information? What google stuff on the dark web. I'm going to stick with listening to the doctors and health professionals. I'm listening to Saint Nichola. Anyone in Adelaide will understand that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Kate Zep continued to go on this rant about COVID. She said, I'm sticking staunch to what I said yesterday. After all the replies I've got, I am deeply sad and to see how many of you are brainwashed. And to the woke people, I love you in my life only I'm not going to stop speaking my truth. I hope everyone reading this is mentally okay and getting through it. I'm currently on real estate dot Com looking for a block of land in the middle of nowhere to set up my life until i can move overseas because I'm over the simulation. Well, that personally sounds great to me. And while she does that, can she deactivate her Instagram account and stop spreading this dangerous misinformation. The speculation circling at the moment that if one ZEP sister feels a particular way about COVID, then possibly Chloe is also not taking COVID very seriously. Well. It did cross my mind, particularly because, as we discussed a couple of weeks ago, Chloe was endorsing the hair salon that was not allowing people that had been vaccinated to come into the salon to get their hair done. It does seem to be all adding up that way, unfortunately, and I feel like it does kind of fit in with the woo woo narrative that Chloe has been pushing recently, and it did make me think I wonder if Kate is annoyed at Chloe for not speaking up about the issue, because she did write on her story PS. There are a lot of people who think the same as me, A lot of people who want to express their truth and tell everyone how they really feel, but they don't have the balls. They don't want to be criticized, they can't handle it. I'm not here to impress people or suck up people's asses. I have never been a people pleaser, nor do I get along with people pleasers. I've been open and honest. Something you should all try. Not sure about you, guys, but I'm so content with who I am. I have found myself. I stick up for what I believe in. Half of you couldn't relate, and that's totally okay. You'll get there. Sending love and light to you all, stay woke. So do you think that she is a little bit frustrated at a sister Chloe for not being outspoken on this topic. I think it could be possible. I mean, I would be annoyed if you guys behind closed doors were spooking something, but then we're hiding your actual thoughts on your platform. I can't help it.
Speaker 2: I didn't ask to be born hot.
Speaker 1: It's just like now, Sophy. I don't know whether I should bring this up, because I know you are still struggling with the rumors that Sammy Robinson and Nick Wheatley may be broken up. And there is a rumor out there that Tommy Fury has cheated on Molly May. Now it pains me to even say it because I love that couple. I just am feeling as though love is dead at the moment. If this rumor is true, I am happy to say that I do you think the rumor is a load of shit, So do I it's ridiculous. Well, for those who don't know what's been happening, there is an influencer called Becka Carriage. Now she's actually friends with Anastasia kings North and she recently has had a lot of rumor circulating about her because she went on her TikTok and said that she's contracted COVID and there seem to be a lot of cover ups going on and Anastasia was getting called out for not isolating. Well, a lot of people who know of Becka have described her as a clout chaser because she does seem to attach herself to other well known UK influences, and in this instance, that's what she's done. So she has posted some Instagram stories of her and Tommy out on the town and she's got her hand around Tommy's neck in quite a possessive way. I felt, But to me the photo did look like a fan photo and she's caused upset because she captured the photo Where's Molly. You could tell in Tommy's face he looked kind of uncomfortable. You know, he is sort of trying to smile, but you kind of know how it's gonna look. And this photo was taken out at a party. But what's really interesting is I had to look at Becka's Instagram and she actually doesn't follow Tommy, but she does follow Molly, So I thought, has this all been playing out of proportion? And is she a real fan girl of Love Island? And was saying, hey, where's Molly? That being said on her TikTok. About a year ago, she created this video where she highlighted the guys in the media that she had a crush on, and Tommy was one of the guys featured in this video. So maybe she's doing that thing where you don't follow someone because you hope maybe if you meet up with them one day you don't like some side. But then why would she be putting on her TikTok Tommy? That's true. It blew my mind that Becker was the same age as Tommy and Molly, because I still can't believe that Tommy and Molly are only twenty one, sorry, twenty two. They each look late twenties, and I'm not saying that offensively. I'm saying that they look very polish. But Anastasia and her friends they still look early twenties. Is it because we're now thirty two, so we're like, oh, they look so, you know, they look like one of us. I don't know, they just have a really especially just have an older vibe because there's not too many twenty one year olds I know that are living with their partners in flashy apartments, so maybe that's part of it. Well. Also, Molly does seem quite mature for her age, in the sense that she doesn't go out partying, she doesn't go out drinking, and I think that there must be a lot of trust involved in that relationship because she is happy for Tommy to be out on the town. There has been no comment yet from Molly May about the incident. I think she'd be silly to comment on it because I think it's been completely blown out of proportion. Can I say, what would you guys do if some girl took a photo with your boyfriend with their hand around his sort of neck in the way that she put her arm around Tommy. Well at the caption. Firstly, if it said where's Kate, I'd be pretty pissed. Oh my god, Kay, you would go absolutely berserk about this. I would either girl or at your boyfriend, Okay, we go with the girl Ireckon. Well, I'm a very Ella's person, so I would obviously want to hear what my boyfriend had to say about it. I'd probably be pissed off at them for taking a photo like that with a girl, But to be honest, my anger would probably be directed at the girl because it seems disrespectful to post that on her story because Becka's got a following, Molly May has a massive following, and it's obviously going to cause drama. Well, the post was actually taken down, so I wonder if that was because Becka was receiving a lot of trolling or definitely Tommy asked her to take it down. On a more positive note, I do want to talk about Molly May and how she has been raising awareness for endometriosis. So she's been pretty open on her story that she has been suffering from excruciating period pain where it's got to the point that she can't actually stand up or do any work. So she updated her followers this week on her vlog and said she's going in to get surgery to see if she does have endometriosis. What was quite alarming was she'd actually gone to a number of doctors who told her not to worry about it and that she was fine. Well, I think that's quite a common thing women go through, and I think it's been really brave for her to talk about it and raise awareness for it. And she did recently do the same when she was diagnosed with skin cancer. On a more local front, Adelaide influencer Sarah Jane Stevens, she is another person that has been brilliant at bringing awareness to endometriosis. So she documented her keyhole surgery that she had and she was found to actually have endometriosis, and she is always updating her followers about the daily struggles of living with ENDO. And I just think it's fantastic that we're beginning to talk about it. Well, the fact that women are now more openly speaking about their periods, because you know the fact that Mollie May has said in a YouTube video, I have excruciating periods, and people have sent in saying, hey, you may have this. Before we were too embarrassed to even mention that we had a period. And I think that when we had the naturopath on Maria, she was telling us that it's actually not normal to have a painful period, and I never knew it because normally you just assume, oh, it's just painful, and no one talks about, Yeah, I got, you didn't read it. Why we don't want to have a chat. Who's like, you've literally kats got, You've been nuts, You've not eaten of if I'm okay. Last week, Ruby, Tuesday Matthews made her engagement to partner Shannon DoD official, after teasing fans earlier in the month with the news so on Monday, Ruby shared a photo of her hand on Instagram featuring a ginormous ring, with a caption that said, no cute way of taking a photo with sausage fingers, but I'm officially off the market for good now. I felt like you could relate to this, Kate, because it is very hard to get a photo of your hand looking nice with your ring. I thought, I'm gonna say I have sausage. I was very offended. It was hard. Sophie and I had our own little photo shoot, funnily enough, in our uncle and Auntie's front yard of their house because we were there for Mother's Day. Because I wasn't happy with the photo I originally got because for those who don't know, my partner proposed to me at our housewarming in front of everyone, and I felt like a complete dickhead trying to get you know, the perfect shot all of us nighttime as well. I feel like you need a bit of natural lighting, do you know what? I feel like a lot of newly engaged women just have no shame, Like, hey, I feel like you were taking it too seriously. You just got to be like, I'm just gonna take this photo. I felt like a dickhead though. Well, getting back to Ruby's ring, this ring was incredible. It is a baget cut diamond. Seppa get cut diamond. Well, it's kind of it's kind of shaped like a baget, like a roll. It looked like a rectangle. Yeah, that's the fancy name for a set on a white gold band. It just means it's a huge ring, big rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well the Daily mailket referring to it as a sparklet. Oh okay, well it was sparkly. It was a beautiful ring. Now, as I touched on earlier. Ruby really started rumors about two weeks ago when she uploaded a photo of her kissing her partner with the ring clearly in shot, so Monday was the first time when she actually officially confirmed she was engaged. See I saw the post and my initial response was, oh, that's nice that she's in a relationship, because it's the first time she's mentioned her partner, so I didn't even notice the ring. Well, the first time he appeared on her Instagram was in May, so it's not really yet known when they actually officially started dating. And for a bit of background on him, he's actually a DJ who is the ex boyfriend of pe Nation founder Pip Edwards. And it all gets a little bit awkward here because Pip Edwards is now actually dating Ruby Tuesday's ex Cameron Northway. That's as who and he's a Byron Bay restaurant owner. So there's been a lot of paparazzi photos of Pip out and about with Ruby's x. Maybe they should do a double date and just get it over and done with. Were they going to be in the Byron Bays Maybe No. Ruby Tuesday said she's not going to be on Barron Bays, which is disappointing. I did like the fact that Ruby seemed to take the piss out of herself a little bit with this engagement announcement as well, because she did share a photo of her hand with the ring in front of this huge plate of oysters. And this is of course paying homage to Oystergate last year, and this is where she famously held up a Jetstar flight to eat a plate of oysters while everyone was sitting waiting for her.
Speaker 2: I drew the duck blue because I've never seen a blue duck before, and to be honest with you, I wanted to see a blue duck.
Speaker 1: Well, it's an excellent blue duck. Congratulations, you just passed the first grade. Oh slippy, that's so great. What do you think of that, mister blue duck? Cat quash Dick. Laura Henshaw and Steph Claire Smith have certainly taken their friendship to the next level. So the Keeper Cleaner Founders revealed on their kickpod that Laura actually drank Steph's breast milk. Really. Why so, Laura and her partner Dalton and Stephan her husband Josh. They were out for a dinner. Now, this was the first dinner that Stephan Josh had been to since the birth of their son, Harvey, and Steph has been really promoting the fact that she keeps forgetting to nipple pads out and about with her. So she put up an Instagram story that her breast milk had been leaking all over her silk shirt at the restaurant anyway, So Steph had been drinking, so she was expressing milk and there was no point saving it for Harvey. So they decided they had got because she was drinking. You can't be drinking. Give that's sort of That's what I just said. So there was no point saving it for Harvey. So they were talking about it at the table and Josh decided to try some of the milk, and then Laura wanted to try some as well. So I just found this quite hilarious because did she say what it tasted like. Yeah, they said it kind of just tasted like watered down milk that was a little bit sweet. So it just tasted like almond milk basically. It reminds me of that episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians when Kim kept trying to steal Courtney's breast milk because it helped her with her crisis. Yeah. Well, apparently there's a lot of bodybuilders out there that are purchasing Wimmens milk. To its breast milk to drink. Oh my gosh, I remember that. When I was working at Today tonight, we were trying to get a story up on that because people were selling it online, like, yeah, there's a black marker for it. I don't mean to be vulgar, but I really think Steph kles Smith's breast milk would sell for a lot of money on the black mark. I was about to say to you, guys, you seem to love everything that Steph Klea Smith. Does you know you're sitting here and to keep it cleaner top. Would you drink the breast milk? No? I would not, but maybe there's going to be a new coal's product to add to the protein about it. Would you guys drink okay, because we're best friends as well as sisters, Would you drink one of our breast milk? No way, I even get a bit. I just can't drink just normal cow's milk. It makes me feel a bit SICKO. Would you drink your own? No, I wouldn't have a desire to try it at see. I do say that, but you know, when you flick through the old baby books, apparently I was breastfed quite a lot longer than than the two of you you've got to take. Yeah, well, I mean I don't want to shame Laura. I think it's each to their own. I think I think you'd be pretty curious to try it if everyone was trying. I mean, it seemed kind of like a Steph clar Smith cocktail, didn't it because it was a bit of alcohol in it. I got a question on Steph bleas yes, oh shin Nevang not blame me, Amma, than mark you giddy. Well, I think that's all we have time for. Thank you so much for joining us for today's episode. If you have enjoyed it, could you please make sure to leave us a five star rating, and also make sure you are subscribed on Spotify by clicking the love heart button and also an Apple podcast. We'd love if you could subscribe, and we'd love to see where you're listening from, so please share on your Instace story a post where you're listening and tag us in it so we can reshare it. I'm guessing a lot of people are listening from their walk or And also, if you'd like to join in on the conversation, join us in our Facebook community which is outspoken the podcast community