Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast. Welcome back to the Flexi and Frumiani radio show. We are here at Kaita and it's not often that we have a guest on the show. I preface this every time we have a guessing, but it really is a rare occasion. I'd say once a week, Brookie.
Speaker 2: Would you say no? Why? Yeah?
Speaker 3: About once a week?
Speaker 1: Yea, once a week. We get some internationals in a few phone calls. We have a very very exciting guest. Her name is Becca Hatch Round of a Posse, Round of.
Speaker 3: Poss click click, click.
Speaker 1: Click click. She's a singer songwriter and her tracks actually frequent quite a bit on KA, So if you're listening, that's a little bonus.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: You play the Sims and Becker. You did something very very exciting lately that has struck fear and excitement into our hearts, and that is you created a track in simlish.
Speaker 3: Yes, why feel.
Speaker 2: Let's start there? Why are you?
Speaker 1: I don't know, just say sometimes I just like the track was going. I get nervous when we have guests. Okay, yeah, I'm a person you're about intimidating.
Speaker 2: For those of you who are proficient gamers and don't game, you might be like, what's the SIMS. The SIMS is a simulation game started by EA Games like a bajillion years ago twenty And in this game, you create a person and you live out their life. You go to work, you have children, you build up your hobbies, you learn a vocation. It's very exciting and it's of those who play it, I think you can't be a casual SIMS player. You're obsessive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like obsessed with it for like a four month straight, Yes, and then you don't visit the game again, which then you like, see come back again, and it's like you don't want to do anything but play them exactly.
Speaker 1: It's like a fourteen hour stint. I used to play it. Drink apple juice and honey, soy chicken, red rock, Delli chips, just sit down, no other stimuli, pure SIMS.
Speaker 2: And so in the SIMS, you might be thinking, what language do the characters that you create? Speed English? No Similish, which is a mix.
Speaker 1: Of Filipino, Irish and Romanian is a mix of the words. But I don't think any of them real words. Maybe they're kind of like pig Latin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like it is like pig Latin, but it feels like it doesn't have like a proper like structure because I feel like pig laden you like us.
Speaker 2: Not fluent and similar. It feels like it doesn't actually make sense. There's no structure this whole language.
Speaker 3: Are you, like, I don't know, like pig laden, like you know, you can figure out how to say the word, like I feel like SIMS is just some of the words just feels so random.
Speaker 2: So how does one go from having their songs on heavy rotation of cater to making a song in Simlish to be published on the SIMS.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Like for me, I don't know, like SIMS is like top tier for me, Like as an artist, I was like, I don't know if anyone asked me, like I don't yeah, yeah literally, I was like, I want my song in a same as game, Like I want to do that, and then now I feel like I've done it, so I'm like, can I retire now? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately. So do they write the lyrics for you and then you just sing the new lyrics? Do they translate it in Yeah.
Speaker 3: They translated, which is like yeah, insane, And I'm pretty sure they have like someone who has like proof like check it and stuff. Sometimes they have to do like reference tracks for like artists to make sure that they're like pronouncing the words.
Speaker 1: Probably wow, that really good job? Is this?
Speaker 3: Because I want to have this job?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know, do you remember some key words? Now? Could you remember the translation if you tried?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like I'm like a veteran now like I've checked it too many, I'm a linguists.
Speaker 1: Can you give us just like align You don't have to sing it, but just say.
Speaker 3: It worldly obed ni o before with the vore aestuicely Timberley, we shoulduce okay so I can work? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: She said? And that is that.
Speaker 1: This is amazing? And do you think you'll have a perform at live because we're gonna play it up next, but I need to know will you do a live version?
Speaker 3: I definitely feel like I will, just for like lolls. I don't know, like I feel like I might do a remix. I feel like that would be really funny, like finish a song and be like you thought it was over and just goes into the full Sims version.
Speaker 2: I feel it's so odd because you are one of very few people who can say this is something that they've got in their resume. Like not even Beyonce, it can say this.
Speaker 1: Did she want?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: She could have handled it? She could have handled it. It's the next tier. It's like I feel as though, you know, there are some artists who will make a song in Spanish to break into like the LATINX community, world wide reach, whatever, but writing a something Similish opens you up to a whole pool of obsessive fans. It's not a casual fanto. I'm like, this is next level.
Speaker 3: That's so true, Like anyone you Sims are like really really into.
Speaker 1: One of the same. I also think it changes the way that you operate in life, Like I started playing Simpson as a teenager, so it kind of opened me up to how to flirt, how to create relationships myself obviously, just be.
Speaker 2: Repetitive and relentless, don't take no for an answer if they don't like you flirting.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Well, I hope that you play the song live. You have actually just been announced as the artist playing a headline show at the Sydney Opera House for Vivid Sydney. Have you ever been to the Opera House for a show? Some people haven't.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 2: No, okay, cool, Like.
Speaker 1: Do you know what to kind of like expect.
Speaker 3: I seriously don't know what to expect with the show, Like I've never been in this specific room, like it's I think it's called the Utzon Room or something, but more similar. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but yeah, I don't know, Like I feel like it's gonna be really sick because there's like no support, so it should just be like my little crowd of people coming through. So yeah, I don't know. I'm like really nervous so that show, to be honest, like it's been on the back of my mind and I'm just like, you need to get it together. I needed to get it together. But it's gotta be good.
Speaker 1: I know the feeling. I'm very excited for you.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, tune into cater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.