Speaker 1: Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Welcome to them. Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Tak back to the days of holidays. I know, hopefully soon, hopefully soon. What is the dunnest thing you've ever done on holiday? You would have been drags somewhere, so you're always in one or two camps.
Speaker 2: You're rather the dragger or the dragon or the drag e lagging him behind. Know what about two meters?
Speaker 3: Try not to look at your watch, but want them to search see that you're looking at that.
Speaker 2: How long would you actually plan on being here?
Speaker 3: You go somewhere, the minimuster coach trip, other strangers on the holiday, you got dropped off, the hotel, all that.
Speaker 2: Kinds of the money you paid.
Speaker 3: You know, you're wasting a day when you could just be sat by the pool doing nothing, having cocktails. You're going to do something and then it's a terrible, terrible anti climax.
Speaker 2: I remember when on the way to.
Speaker 3: Take the kids to the first time the year before we moved here, and when I came out for a secret spying mission. Actually I actually managed to get into this building because I want to have a look around before decided where we actually could do it. So we went to a couple of places of Australia and then came here to Melbourne and took the kids here for the first time before deciding if we were really going to emigrate.
Speaker 2: And I remember on the way, I said, way, we've got to stop over.
Speaker 3: Can we stop over in Hong Kong so I can see the Bruce Lee statue?
Speaker 2: All right, So I'm dragging.
Speaker 3: I'm making a detour via Hong Kong purely so I can see a Bruce Lee statue.
Speaker 2: So we have to get We get Hopeles. He lost right.
Speaker 3: It's actually very confusing to get around Hong Kong, and we're all wide eyed, very tired, and we end up getting one uber. He drops us the wrong place, getting another one. It's a bit nearer, but the other side of the big freeway with three different ubers. We get there and the first thing I hear is Chris, I think it's boarded up, and I'm like, you know.
Speaker 2: You almost start to cry. It is boarded up.
Speaker 3: They do it every ten years to clean Bruce What we flew here on.
Speaker 4: The way to austral see the Bruce Lee statue's mind scaffolding. I don't got a photo of me looking just so depressed, so debrace. My whole world around me shattered.
Speaker 2: I never got still not seeing the Bruce Lee stay. But imagine how clean he is now?
Speaker 3: Smartness, I mind if ever went again, I need to know. I bet it's the tenth University of cleaning, all right. So this morning no. Four one for one oh four three, the oest thing you have done on holiday?
Speaker 1: Josh, Good morning, Kristen's Jack.
Speaker 2: Are we thanks for coolness? Josh? What about you? Where were you dragged to? Or you drug drugs?
Speaker 5: Honey honeymoon and Hamilton Island and I thought, you know, let's go scuba dive and do the do the Great Barrier reef or something, And so we booked in and went down to the down to the mustering area where we had to had to get all the gear on. And it was actually just a scuba diving around the pool, in the actual hotel pool. It was not out in the ocean, just around in the in the public area. Pauls in front of all the hotels.
Speaker 3: Chuck in, say some photos. This is what you could one the barrier and there some old lady doing stretchers and stuff.
Speaker 2: What are some of the gems you saw?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just some bottle tops, lost lost earrings, their ties and plenty of feet.
Speaker 2: That's great, Josh, thank you very much and cool. Have a good day, buddy, A good day, Keny Coome morning.
Speaker 6: Hello Christian, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm going to welcome to the show, Kenny, Thanks for giving us a call. What is the dumbest thing you've done on holiday?
Speaker 6: The dumbest thing I've done on holidays? He said, I have to go to all the land drover factories in England and any other car factory. My husband can get us into.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, about any car.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're not that interesting really to go and see how they're made by robot.
Speaker 6: How they're made by robots, Birmingham Hazelwood.
Speaker 2: Or the.
Speaker 5: Once you see one factory, haven't you seen them all?
Speaker 6: Right? Right? And you know because as we were told in the factories, they have to test them to make sure they leak so when it rains you get wet. And one of the worst things that happened is are so disinterested. I fell flat on my face in front of all the work is I fell over a safety barth.
Speaker 3: I still would have been at least that's mildly interesting thing that happened for you.
Speaker 2: I got a feeling with a dry for how about you ken it? You threw yourself to the ground.
Speaker 6: Then after that, my husband drives me to the land River Experience, where in England there's got like a fake land drover jungle and we have to drive through water in the car.
Speaker 2: This is just.
Speaker 6: You know, I saw a fox and I said to the instructor, you want me to floor it and go for it? Oh no, we're going to kill the foxes here in England.
Speaker 3: They are now protected, put in prison.
Speaker 6: You gave her apparently Apparently so I wasn't very popular and that true.
Speaker 3: The thing about car factories is, you know, you think about the UK and all the beautiful places you know, and see car factories in industry at the States.
Speaker 2: They're just I was. So there's places, aren't they.
Speaker 6: That's your holiday, that's my holiday, and it's just going through you. It has been to Mercedis Bend, folks Wagon and all these other places. I can't even tell you.
Speaker 4: Why does he want to drag you around these factories building cars of Europe?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 6: I don't know. And I'll get home tonight and I will tell him this and he will kiss me about land Rovers and did I tell Christians this and this?
Speaker 3: And I'll be like, no, I'm a massive fan of I've seen every episode over the years of Top Gin. Not even they have ever been to a single factory, right, I can't remember that episode where they just walked through the production line.
Speaker 6: He's a very unique man and twenty twenty three we've got a great trip to look forward to, haven't I.
Speaker 5: Well, that's right, COVID for you must have been a silver lining you don't have to go to.
Speaker 3: I got hobble feeling you started COVID B hand you.
Speaker 6: You never know, you never know.
Speaker 2: Your secret's safe with us. He keny, thank you very much. She call the Christian O'Connell show podcast this morning.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the dullest thing you ever done on holiday. I just remembered the thing as well. My wife has dragged me to so many things on holidays. One of the ones we did it wasn't here on Victoria, but there is a bat sanctuary. She took me to a bat sanctuary.
Speaker 2: And bats can be interesting though, Yeah, all right, yeah for a minute, an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Of course, once you're there and they're doing you know, important work and serving them a rescuing them. You felt like you can't go after five minutes, right, because they're like volunteers. You're not what volunteers like they you know, they're very intense people.
Speaker 2: This is their life. And you don't think about bats stink, Yeah, they do it, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And you imagine like there were over two hundred bats there right, the stink of the pee and muck, and they're all hanging upside down and stuff like that. Once you turned a couple of those snaps, you're like.
Speaker 2: The gift shop. There are you in a cave? No, in a.
Speaker 3: Greenhouse like backout, currents and stuff like the old bats and stuff. The smell of two hundred bats unbelievable. All right, a few last schools then Dallas. Thing you've done on holiday, let's go to Keith. Good morning, Keith, Good morning, Christian, Good morning Keith.
Speaker 2: What's the dullest thing you've done on holiday? Keith?
Speaker 7: When I was fifteen, my mom and dad dragged me, my younger brother and younger sister to a nwist resort.
Speaker 3: Right, not only a family experience, is it?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 7: When you're fifteen and he's even oh it's gotta be good to be some younger people in the nude, but ninety nine point all over the age of fifty weight challenge, so they didn't care what they look like.
Speaker 2: And as Kith three, it was horrible. Okay, we'll get it.
Speaker 3: Keith, all right, Keith, thank you very much and cool mate. You take care of there.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bye bye bye.
Speaker 3: Keith has been time traveling from a diven time and come to sounded like.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: According to my own new game, can you do an the breas? Wow? Reset? John? Good morning, Good morning mane.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? All right? And John?
Speaker 1: So we went down south in two thousand and two we went to a civil warring actrop.
Speaker 2: Bloody hell, mates, it sounds like you're called him from it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: What John? Civil warring actment? Who took you to that?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: Walk it with me. I've been in a history bar for I dragged my wife to it, right. He wasn't too happy.
Speaker 2: It's not a couple's things. He if on one if you name with the old muskets and sticks. How long does a battle go for John?
Speaker 1: A few hours and the pretty much want to get shot this way there like you see, until the wars are are.
Speaker 2: You John, the wars of it. Your wife's fuming. She's in the car, mate, she keeps peeping the horn. All right, Johnny boy, thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 1: Now that's all right, thank you. Guys.
Speaker 3: Just flashback to Tom ups and tried to warn us, didn't He said, hey, this is a warning about Keith.
Speaker 2: He's a salty old character. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast