Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian Acos show podcast.
Speaker 3: Netflix and Chill with a Koala. I'm still not convinced that that is what Netflix and Chill means, what you think it means. I think it genuinely is. It's a nice thing. Like you sit there, you watch some Netflix shows and you chill out. Why would Netflix want you to turn Netflix on then turn it off to go and do that.
Speaker 4: Netflix didn't come up with Netflix and Chill? Oh who did?
Speaker 3: Who's the the zeit guys? There's one central person who is the zeit guys. It's like cash Man, who is Zeitgeist? It's Gold's next week promotion. Good morning Jack, Good morning Christian, Good morning Patsy. Morning boys, Jack and I both listen to your podcast. Patsy's in a very special podcast. Patsy remind people where they can find it.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is Kate Mead's Women of Influenced and she's doing one hundred Women in one hundred days and I am number seven off.
Speaker 3: The rank should be number one. Oh, don't be silly, trying harder this year, get to number one next year? Is that how it works? One hundred women fight each other, only one is left in a mud pit.
Speaker 5: Yes, no, I mean with some very good company, some remarkable women in there are you.
Speaker 3: They are also in with you, Patsy as well. You deserve to be in there.
Speaker 5: Thanks mate.
Speaker 3: That's right. My daughters are going to listen to it as well. They thought the beautiful photo that you posted.
Speaker 2: Yesterday of it.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? Yesterday evening we're all like, do you just when you're having dinner and stuff like that, do you just watch you it f on the TV.
Speaker 4: I haven't eaten at the dinner table month, yeah before COVID.
Speaker 3: Keep being guilted about this, right because I just think it's the best way to eat, isn't it? Because it takes the pressure off having a conversation with your kids. They don't really want to talk to us now they're teenagers, and so we all watch TV. Sometimes they go, oh, it's round at Marie's house and they all sit down and like, you know, talk about their days like that, and yesterday went sounds boring. What do you want to watch? As we were watching, just we just pick a random episode of Mode Family. We've seen it like twice from start to finishing. It's great. However, last night's one was the episode. Where have you guys ever seen Modern Family? Yeah? Love it. It's a great show. Last night's one where they're dropping Hailey off to college and they're really struggling with it, and at the end, she's struggling with it as well. I start crying midway through it. Right. The kids just start laughing at me, right because they know that Ruby keeps to wind me up. At the moment, she just goes, I'm only at home for my two and a half years and I go to college and I'm like, please stop that. Yesterday evening, I don't know what it was about. My wife and my daughters thought it was fairest that I was getting upset. They were pausing, going look at him, look at him getting upside Don't you want men to be like this? This is dad shaming, This is emotion shaming. At the end of it, do you know what I did? I felt so embarrassed. I said, right, I'm going to go to the gym now and reclaim my kind of Neanderthal man. And when I come back that would have been a one off. Okay, this is what you've done. I'm packing all the emotions away and I'm going to the gym. To armor myself back up. But you're happy now, girls, you want the change and then you laugh at the change.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: And I got to a radio station this morning. The book was it still going on? There was this The radio station had a has it got a burger on? I didn't even know right this was going off right with flashing lights everywhere. So I got into the car park this morning and I was thinking, why is anyone trying to steal? I mean, what what what is there to actually steal from a radio station to I need to call the police. But then why would anyone break in to a radio.
Speaker 4: Even if you start driving?
Speaker 3: This is barely what they're just monitors.
Speaker 4: What would you do with it?
Speaker 3: As I said, what would you steal from a radio station? I couldn't actually work.
Speaker 4: Out unless it's the rivals just trying to put us off in the.
Speaker 3: Morning, okay, or get the old cash Man playbook that's what they're right of course, Wow, you can't have Cashi. Last week on the show, we got an amazing call. We were talking I think it was on Thursday show about to your alarms. Perhaps he was saying that her husband Chris was getting fed up with how irritating and how invasive her alarm was in the morning. By the way, how's that resolved? Let me guess you're still carrying on with it?
Speaker 5: Yes, because she can't have art music. And he woke up again this morning?
Speaker 3: Oh did he?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's tough, isn't he yet? Because if you ever tried any of those sort of sunlight alarm clocks that wake you up gradually, like half.
Speaker 4: A year all, I've got one. I bought one when we first started the show because I struggling so much to wake up, and it's it's too annoying because for half an hour it starts to get graduated, so you can really just get used to it and sleep through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So last week we got an amazing phone call about a guy who trained his dog. He put his actual alarm clock in the other room next to the dog in the dog's bed. When the alarm went off woke the dog up. The dog would come in and get his master up. Genius system like our Wallace and grommet a lot of emails about it. Over the weekend. Christian Jack and Patsy was lit on to the podcast about the dog It wakes his own arm. I too have a dog that wakes us up when the alarm goes off. He hears the alarm and knows that this is his cue to jump on the bed with myself and the husband. What problem is though, recently the dog Billy, which is a big labradoodle, no longer waits for the alarm clock and suffers from pre alarm jumping onto the bed, and so he's waking us up even earlier. So if anyone's out thinking about doing this because Jack said he might try and chain train his dog Luna, be warned. Now you have been Have you been trying to train Luna to do that? Yes?
Speaker 4: So she usually sleeps at the foot of the bed, in her own bed on the floor, So we try to put her in the other room, well, in your bedroom, in our bedroom.
Speaker 3: That doesn't that make you're not because they start that sort of industrial cleaning about three am. This is why we actually kick out the shepherd dog because suddenly because you think this would be nice to have them in the room and stuff like that guard dog. It's a bit but literally could set your clock at three of his Are you why are you cleaning yourself now? And every square millimeter between each toe or what they've got paws, And then Luna gets carried away with the cleaning in such an actually chew and then they have like a leg that starts kicking behind the ear that bounces against the radiator and so yeah, and then the collar starts rotating around as they're kicking it with the poor then.
Speaker 4: What happens at three and when Luna's chewing I got in trouble.
Speaker 3: For they pick up on the tone. They pick up on the tone of what you're saying, and then it just hangs in the air what you've done with your anger.
Speaker 4: So we try to put Luna in the other room with the alarm clock, and the idea is give her a treat when the alarm goes off. So she gets used to thinking that the alarm means treat, although she just keeps walking back in the room and then sleeping on the floor.
Speaker 3: And then starts the old industrial cleaning. So I want to know if you want to try this experiment I started talking about last week, where you tap the side of your head as many times as the hour you want to wake up, so you're pre programming your head by tapping it. Yep. So you're trying this for tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: So at nine o'clock at night, as I'm going to bed, I go, I want to wake up at four thirty, So I go one.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know about halfs, so what do you want to do? Wake up with four? Will wake up at five. We'll wake up with tesla. We'll get you here on time.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll go for five am.
Speaker 3: I thought you might test. There's no why you're going to get.
Speaker 4: Up earlier, so I go one, two, three, four five.
Speaker 3: Right as you're getting into bed, lift your head off the pillow, so kind of telling your brain what together? Five taps five am. This will work.
Speaker 4: I won't sleep in I won't.
Speaker 3: You won't. No, you won't know you won't. This will work. You will wake up at exactly five am. O caase you go as you're tapping you one am, two am, three am, four am, five am. Okay, I'll try it right and let me know if anyone else wants to take part in this head alarm experiment tomorrow morning. Okay, if you sleep through it, I will ring your boss and apologize. But who else wants to take part in this?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, do you want to take part in a little experiment tomorrow morning. Do not set the alarm tonight. Okay, don't set the alarm tonight. Try this ancient yogic tradition I was sharing with you guys, where if you want to get up at four am right before you go to bed, you've already turned the light out. Okay, you're just setting down and getting that pillow sorted out, making sure it's on that sweet gold side. Say, going to get up at four am tomorrow, you tap your head four times, five am, same thing, tap your head five times. You got to sleep now, and you'll be getting up at five am or four am.
Speaker 4: Actually, you know what the risk is you wake up several times at two am, three am, four am because you're worried that your alarm's not gonna go.
Speaker 3: It will work because your mind knows. Okay, your mind will understand. How do you think cave people got up back in the day. They can sleep in all day and it's that buffalo or that wielder beast. Okay, they couldn't do that. They would, yeah, would you? That's how old to know because they didn't use words. They just got loo that's why they would have done it.
Speaker 4: And what happens if a mosquito or a fly comes to bug me during the night and I accidentally taped my head a couple more times and then all of a sudden, I'm working up at the mine.
Speaker 3: Will know the difference. Ancient yogic tradition, try it tomorrow and maybe it will work. I will try it, Okay, I'm looking for guinea pigs now. They said there's any one up for trying it as well, So Jack's doing this tomorrow. Yes, let's maybe not get Patsy do it because she has news to do it.
Speaker 4: Half fine, definitely might be doing it.
Speaker 3: I doesn't jump on and go. It didn't work for about the news. I think string opens back on. Uh yep, we'll get more at six on that tom Wake Patsy up, Len, good morning? Hi?
Speaker 6: How you going?
Speaker 3: Then? That is a cool name? Is that short for Lenny?
Speaker 6: Lenny? My name is Lenny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a cool name. All right, So Len, are you up for trying this ancient yogic tradition tomorrow?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But I actually do a similar thing already. I trace the number on my forehead with my finger. So if I want to get up at say five, I get up at five, I sit on the edge of the bed and I write the number five with my finger on my forehead and it works.
Speaker 3: Good. You don't need to try mine. You've got your own version of this another. This is great. How long have you been doing that?
Speaker 6: Long time? Long time? I don't know. I can't remember if someone told me about it, or if I read it or whatever. But I just do it. But I don't do it if it's an important thing, like if I have to catch a plane or something, I still sit an alarm because if it's ever going to fail, that's the time it's going to say for sure.
Speaker 3: But during the week, day to day, that's what you do. You traced in a moment in your forehead, draw it.
Speaker 6: On your head.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I was actually telling my kids about it just the other day and they thought it was the funniest thing. They Oh, yeah, mum, you're good on you.
Speaker 4: You know, Lenn. Can your system do the half hours and quarter hours four fifteen?
Speaker 6: I've never done a half a quarter. I've always just done the five.
Speaker 3: That's a modern thing. If this comes from its roots are in an ancient and those yogas didn't do you know how lazy as us like another fifteen minutes or four point thirty seven or stuff like that. They're on the hour. They understanding importance of on the hour.
Speaker 6: Okay, but if I if I wrote five dot dot fifteen, I wonder if those two dots would add to the five and it'll be seven, and I'd screw everything out.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't mess with this tradition. Okay, it's worked. Keep on doing it, Len Okay, it's awesome. I will right good on you. Thanks very much. Then, have a good day. Thanks you too, Karen, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Morning, Christian, Pets and Jack. I'm going to do it as well, and I'm going to just the same. I'm zack for five o'clock. I'm back on the train tomorrow for the first time.
Speaker 5: Happy July.
Speaker 3: Now, when I say try it, okay, obviously, I disclaimer here. I don't want to be held responsible for any job losses that are incur I cool you, boss, yea. I didn't say I give you a new job if he fires you.
Speaker 7: It's not like I have to be at work at at particular times.
Speaker 1: But I like it.
Speaker 3: Well. Now I'm worried about the train driver might be listened to this for your train tomorrow morning. He's trying to do the repercussion is what I'm doing right now. Actually, frankly, very irresponsible. Jackson really start jumping fo all right, so Karen try it. Okay, it's gonna works.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 3: Footie is back next month, not longer till now to the return of Footie, and last week on the show, I was asking if any of you how one of those stories it could have been me. Where as a teenager you had to give for footy. You love playing the game, it was your life, and you thought and everyone around you that was going to go all the way. All your life was already mapped out. Footy greatness, Grand Finals, brown lows were all to follow. However, life comes along and sometimes often life gives zero cares. Do you want to swear like Jack earlier, zero care, zero f's for what you've got planned out for your life. And we had some amazing stories Thursday and Friday. It's someone actually very sad and very hard to hit here from people who had real talent, real potential but got injured and stuff like that. And that's what happens in life. The reason why we're asking is we've had some of these great stories. Is we are now gonna actually have a game. We're looking for nine of you. Okay, we're going to have nine of you that kind of could have beens to go up against an all start team. Tomorrow morning, we're going to announce the coach of who is going to be coaching. They could have beens. We're calling it one last game because that is actually what we're going to give a load of you, is one last game. Now, last week it's all sort of snowboard. We start talking about Thursday and Friday, we had some more stories. We started to talking about the MCG because marks we go to the home of footy, which is the MCG, and it wasn't just a twenty thousand doss they wanted. It turns out they don't want anyone on their pitch two weeks before round one, which I entirely understand. We are now talking to Marvel, okay, and I know this is the actually the AFL's mackets their ground, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, the AFL headquarters dock lands down there at at Marvel Stadium.
Speaker 3: Well, why don't we just organize a meeting before the game and goes so right, having a quick look at the pitch, guys, go go go quick, quick, quick quick, raise a right, come on, distract guilt now on that. Ultimately it's his decision if we could have one last game at Marvel. Now, I remember when I first met Gil he said this to me, Oh, I won't do the voice. Could you do an impression of Gil by the way? Y don't know?
Speaker 4: How does he toys?
Speaker 3: Isn't? It's a it's a deep kind of year. Who's that Abraham Lincoln? We ever need to do a bit with Abraham Lincoln. We've got that one covered.
Speaker 4: This is gil McLachlin.
Speaker 3: Oh is it? Yeah, he's got very bad cold. Anyway, gil McLaughlin said, I listened to the show they needed this. Well, my driver does? Oh is it my ski coach? Had you got some pilot? We actually said, he's driving. Does If you are Gille mcglocklin's driver this morning, get him to give us a call. We need to borrow Marvel's stadium for what an hour? Yeah, it's no biggie, Okay, no biggie. So the thing we need is hear from people, right, It might be a friend of yours. It might be a dad, it might be a boyfriend, might be a husband, whether in their thirties, forties, fifties.
Speaker 4: And my dad's in it. Well, min dad's sixty two and he's put his head up if we need it.
Speaker 3: Do you know? We've had quite a few emails over the weekend. People really moved about your dad's story that he shared to you. And we paid this back on Friday. So Dad Jack's dad, John Post actually played for Conninwood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, as an eighteen year old, got invited to train with Collingwood, played one game with the reserve.
Speaker 3: That's great, and you found out he's got it's permanent. It's recorded in the kind of Wood history.
Speaker 4: And Mum dug up an old article a photo of Dad in the paper with Phil Carmon down at the Collingwood football club as a sixteen year old.
Speaker 3: I'm certny of you guys really know this about you really.
Speaker 4: I was actually too scared to ask as a kid because I was like, oh, yeah, dad used to play for colling A good one, I believe that, But I mean he really did have this one game, one goal.
Speaker 3: It's an amazing record as one hundred percent. Anyway, this is jack Bos's dad John.
Speaker 9: I remember in nineteen seventy six, I think that was the year I played one game in the seconds against St Kilda my Raven, I kicked a goal and signed an autograph. It'd be fifty two year old guy that still might have that.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 9: I still have the group certificate for that game, twenty five dollars I got. Anyway. One night after that game and one night after training, I was standing on the platform with Victoria's park station and I guess I made the decision then not to go back. I think it was an opportunity lost. Of course, I don't know what I was thinking. Whether I was too shy or I didn't have the confidence, I can't really recall, but never I never went back. I actually think I could have made it if I did, But that's another story. So I'm a true could have been.
Speaker 3: I Reckon your old man's looking strong for selection? Do you Reckon still got that rocket on his leg?
Speaker 4: He would love to do it. You sorry. When we did the Grand Final where we had the Grandma's kicking as far as they could, he was.
Speaker 3: Showing a bit of thigh trying to press those nanas to get a little bit of sweet Nanner action.
Speaker 4: Okay, my mum's still in the picture, all right.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, you know we don't judge some people like that. I'm not saying anything. We know we don't know what goes on the twin anyway. But the thing is, do you have a story of Sidetractor says sorry, guys, do you have a story? Oh? You give mc drug driver. That's the first question. The second one is if you still want one last game? The team needs you.
Speaker 2: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So we are looking to have one last game. We're looking to build a team of could have been. So if you have a story some of the ones we've heard so far, it could have been me footy greatness, but injury, life, whatever came along, got in the way. Let us know. Are you up for one last game? Jason Bezina is Christian. I've always loved my footy from a young age, so you can imagine how devastated was when my Maltese father wouldn't let me play for our local club in Kensington. We still no idea what is Maltes's father had again about the great game of footing. I ended up playing school football where the Footscray now Bulldogs recruitment manager Gary Merrington watched him play and invited me to go down and train with their under nineteens. They're so excited. Came home from school tell mom and dad the news. Wasn't met with any excitement from Dad. He told me, I know in certain times was I not to go. I wasn't allowed to train or play for the Bulldogs or any team. Over the years, I've often wondered what could have been. I love my dad clearly, but after and rhythm about killing my fotball career. Since the age of twenty one, I haven't missed a season of now fifty years still play. I'm in an over forty five's teams for the Werribee Tigers. Jason Bazina is in the team. AKA what do you like more the buzz or buzz?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: I also like the Maltese felcon.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's call that, Let's go Maltese fulcan Then we got this great email on Friday from a guy called Adam Bacon. He's in the team as the Sizzler Christian. Thank you just want that In the back of his shirt. The Sizzler. The Maltese Falcon is going to take up two things. So Christian, I thought it was going to be the next best thing in football played in the school teams had to look in at under under eighteen state team before I passed out on a football oval in nineteen ninety eight, taking a hospital by air ambulance and putting intensive care in the Cardia award. I had to have surgery, lots of rehab. Afterwards, I was scared to replay again, started drinking and smoking, thing that being healthy was going to kill me. I went the other way. I never played again, but I still have that one more game dream, one more walk, one more kick, one more goal. The thought of that feeling still puts a tear in my eye. That actually is my dream, and I'm still dreaming about playing. And I'm forty one. I loved football so much. That's the Scissler, my friends, he's in the team. So at the moment we've got two and we need a team of nine. So if you want to join the Maltese falcan you want to join the Sizzler. This team needs you. So whether you're in your thirties, forties, fifties, whatever, and you love playing footy back in the day. You still got that passion. One last game needs you. Email me if you want in Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Have you had a great weekend? Let's go to Patsy first of all, Patsy, how's your weekend? Mate?
Speaker 5: Had a beautiful weekend? And this song sums up yesterday particularly beautifully.
Speaker 3: Drop a leg there or something.
Speaker 5: We went to the beautiful food bowl that is back a smash and we picked our own strawberries. Oh great, FuMB I haven't done that for ages. Anyway. We went to this beautiful farm and you come out of their shed and there's just, you know, rows and rows of all these beautiful, juicy strawberries. And Chris took charge, as always quite proud of himself in where we go, which plot we pick?
Speaker 3: What's the what's this kind of game plan? Then I didn't just go and beat the strawberries, straw we feel.
Speaker 4: I didn't think you needed a tactical.
Speaker 5: He's always got to have a tactic. So he goes Audrey and I sort of went to the right of the crop and he goes, no, no, no, there's heaps of people.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, you're a grad.
Speaker 5: App He goes, you need to go way over there where there's no one, which was like a five minute walk, which was fine, and he was right.
Speaker 4: There was just fruit everywhere.
Speaker 5: It was cold, corner coopio.
Speaker 3: Flies quick before the outsiders find them. Harvest the crop, harvest the crop, brry them.
Speaker 4: We'll be eating strawberry.
Speaker 3: Look at the falls over there that went.
Speaker 4: Right gnawing on the empty branches.
Speaker 5: Just that nub of what could have been anyway, It was so much fun. But I don't know about you guys, if you've ever been strawberry picking. I was sort of They're very honest. Chris and Audrey are very honest and just putting them in the punnet. They weigh them, you pay them. But I was sort of eating as I go, So it was like one for me, one for the punnet, one for me. Well you got a taste tests, yeah.
Speaker 3: But that's the farmer's money, that's their livelihood. Have that many. But you go around the supermarket sort of tucking into botig lanes or something like that, or a loaf of breads, some for me for all works. I have got form eating the eence.
Speaker 5: I have got form. At the supermarket.
Speaker 3: We do have half a rochissery chicken or something, just half of one. The rest of it. It must have been a big one. I might have a few coming out the corner of your mouth.
Speaker 5: There's nothing excuse me, madam, I have you've got anything else to declare, but I have got form. But it was just it was wonderful. And on the way out, mister Whippy Local Mister Whippy is very clever. He's strategically parked right outside the.
Speaker 3: Orchestra a game plan, has got a game plan to that window. The window. At the.
Speaker 2: Hello Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're talking about our weekend stories. Jack. What's the song that sums up your weekend? Mate?
Speaker 4: I've chosen the song Waiting by Green Day because it might surprise you to know. I can be an impatient man, and this weekend I had to do some waiting.
Speaker 3: Ah, then what's happened? What's happened?
Speaker 4: So I'm not proud of this story, but I just know that I hate waiting, and I especially if there was no waiting, there was meant to be. So I had this free weekend and I told you guys about on Friday, completely blank weekend. We thought we'll go on a day trip up to Regional Victoria. Brenton Dale sped that will be a lovely way to spend the weekend. The anchor on Saturday morning just had a client to meet for work and then at nine point thirty I said, I'll pick you up. The car will be packed, Luna will be in the back and we'll go on our way up north. I get to pick up the anchor at nine point thirty, which was discussed, and I'm waiting in the car. Ten minutes goes by, twenty minutes goes by, it almost gets to ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: Who before it is there any kind of message? There is a warning like you're going to not be out for the five or ten minutes.
Speaker 4: And nine point fifty she calls and says, sorry, sorry, the client was late. I'm coming. I'm coming another five minutes after that, so she I know she's seen the messages anyway, So it's almost ten o'clock by the time she gets in the car.
Speaker 3: And what's happening to your energy levels? And you're appetite for going away for the day.
Speaker 4: In the inside the car, I've brewed ud into a real huff is the only way I can drive it.
Speaker 3: I get it, I get in that. I don't like waiting either. Half an hour you went overtime.
Speaker 4: So by the time she gets in the car, I'm in such a huff that I surprise myself by saying this. But I say, we're not going on the trip anymore. I know I'm not.
Speaker 3: I bet the dogs even go, whoa I'm doing.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna remember I was in the hulf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: So she's shocked. I'm shocked as well. But I've said it, Wow.
Speaker 3: It's horrible. Then you have to commit to what you've said.
Speaker 4: I have committed to it. So I start defintly driving back home.
Speaker 3: Turn the car around the old three point term. You made me do this.
Speaker 4: The energy of the huff is occupying the car completely, and she said, well, you know, this is a real shame. I'm sorry that I was late. And it's like, yeah, well, now the day's ruined, you know, really leaning into the really leading into the hulf. As we get a few blocks from home, it's been about fifteen minutes and the huff is starting to wear.
Speaker 3: How's it working out? It's exhausting is keeping that half going.
Speaker 4: So I'm starting to, you know, have that inner dialogue with myself. It's like, well, I'm not really that angry. It was only twenty minutes and the whole day doesn't have to be ruined. So the huff is going away. But because I've made such an energy about it, and I've really put my foot down, like, how do you exactly, I'm too embarrassed to yourself. You know what, Let's go on the trip. So I'm stuck in a bad situation where I actually do want to go on the trip now, but I need be ankle to ask again so that I can, in a grumpy voice, go all.
Speaker 3: Right, because I'm a good guy. Yes.
Speaker 4: So I'm playing this weird chicken with her where I'm getting She's not saying anything. I'm not in a huff anymore. Actually feel by this time, I feel fine, but I can't.
Speaker 3: You head it back to your house.
Speaker 4: I can't do it one eighty yeah, So thankfully straight away from home, she goes, I'm just gonna say one more time, do you want to I think we'll have a fun day. Do you want to go on the trip. So I used that opportunity to go okay.
Speaker 3: To the caraund and go back the way we go, and how was your day out?
Speaker 4: Is vic so lovely? Those areas of retail Victoria so lovely, And I'm glad that I got through the huff to experience the joy of the day.
Speaker 2: Well done, The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So the song that sums up my weekend is simply this. I love the sound of breaking. I can tell you now, at the age of forty seven, the horror when you go, oh God, no, the world that opens up when you break a window in your house at the age of forty seven is exactly the age of the same horror that you felt when you were thirteen. Last time I broke a window, I was thirteen. It was a soccer ball, practicing free kicks in the garden and my aim wasn't quite good enough, and my mum happened to be literally washing up in the kitchen by the kitchen window, looking into the garden as this big old leather football. You know when you know it was curving. I mean, David Beckham would love the curve I put on that literally aiming for the wall. It was aiming for the wall. But that ball was aiming for the window and my MoMA's face and it just went shattered, glass falling in and into the washing base and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Why you do.
Speaker 3: All I heard was bucket money. You know, you work out the rest the subtext going on. So that was back when I was thirteen in nineteen eighty six. Over the weekend, I've been trying to convince my wife. Right when you are in a relationship and you'd be married for a while, it's like you're running a business together, and so any new purchases have to be pre approvedvibed by the other kind of shareholder, okay, And I'm trying to convince her in the garage to see if I can have an indoor kind of golf setup where I can practice my swing. I'm not talking about the setup Andy Lee's got, No, he's got a professional I mean, that's Jeff Bezos. What I need is a more budget version of that. So at the moment I've been looking at is it too budget to have a washing line with some old secondhand rugs? Drake over that and I whacked the ball into Okay. So if anyone does know about a very budget home golf setup. Please let me know what to do. So my wife said, fine, but do you not practice any golf inside the house or outside the house. Now. I did agree on that, right the golf swing. However, over the weekend I was getting very frustrated put the final touches to my book, and so I just thought, I just need a distraction. Five minutes, I picked up golfers will know this my pitching wedge. Okay, and this is for more shorter shots. Okay, it's got a higher loft on. It should get a bit height, all right. So I thought I can practice this in the house. This is the only club I've got some control over. Keyword here inside the house. All right. I'm thinking it's not the swing. I'm not like going fall back with it. I'm just going back three or four inches. I'm still learning how to play golf is the other thing. I don't have any control anyway. The first shot, right, I can see the dogs. I'm lining it up right, and I like, remember my coach Tommy. Okay, so it's just a very small pendulum, okay, body weight forward. I hit a very good pitch shot right that was too good for the small distance I needed to cover and it just hit at the golf ball whacked that window cracked like a spider's web, opened up right and straight away the kids come running down. What was that? And I'm literally stood there. I'm thirteen again, I grounded, And the first of the said Mom's gonna go mad, and then run back up to ring her. That's a cup on the house right then let my phone. My phone is going barely seconds later, tell me they're joking, Chris. She just loses it. She cracks an even bigger problem than the window pane. But do you know what, You can sort the glazier out on Monday. So anyway, that's what I do. I'll do off the day's show. It's getting a glazier to come out. It's this great, big class and it's one of those patio windows. It's like six. I should just stay away from glass this year. By the way, anyway, how did you break a window? Most of us have got a story normally when you're a kid about a broker. It's like a rights of passage as a kid, isn't it breaking windows? So, either as a kid or recently, how do you break the window?
Speaker 2: Christian? Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Breaking all Right. I broke a glass over a window, sorry window, over the weekend, playing golf inside. How did you break the window? Charles? With a skateboard Christian. When I was twelve, a party company from beneath me smashed a glass window. I was inside the house, obviously best place of practice skateboarding, Christian. I was trying to throw a shoe through an open window of a greenhouse. My white ut mate and I've been playing a game in the garden. You do a whole shit about greenhouses, about greenhouses, my dame silly idea. Broke two windows, Christian. I was practicing free kicks with my brother. Dad was studying in the house. My wild free kick went through the greenhouse. He didn't even raise his head, he just yelled out punking money and I love this one. When I was thirteen, sitting in my lounge, my mate appeared pilling a mooney at the window, pushed his bum too far back, put his arse through the window. Mum went berserk, anita and arguing broke out over an excited encyclopedia with my sister. I got fed up, flung it on the dining table. Skiddy perfectly cross, picking up momentum on the slick polished surface, straight onto the window and out the window at the other end of the table. Let's get some calls the how did you break the window? Mick? Come on, h wording mate, how are you?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Some goods grounded, But I'm good Mick? How did you break the window? Wasn't I? It was my brother.
Speaker 8: He managed to break two windows in the same location in the same manner within a week.
Speaker 3: That's incredible. Tell us about the first.
Speaker 8: Break, Well, he used to walk down the corridor towards their room, sort of kicking his shoes off as he went and flicking them into the bedroom footloose.
Speaker 1: One of them went through the window above his's.
Speaker 3: Bed, which is a great change to do that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was issued with a severe reprimand the window was replaced, and a week later he managed to do the same thing in the same.
Speaker 3: Manner with the old kicking off the shoes.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Now I wasn't party to the conversation that took place between him and my father, but needless to say, the performance was never repeated.
Speaker 3: That's incredible, Yeah, Jamie, you should have got signed up by a footy team with that kind of consistency with his foot. That's pretty good skills that. Yeah, there's nothing better is there than kicking off those shoes after school. They felt so tight and uncomfortable, literally, and you were too lazy, just crunched down that back bit of it and then just whacked it off.
Speaker 4: And school shees were so heavy as well. There's no way that wasn't going.
Speaker 3: Down there, that big old chunky soul in Hill met great story, well told, thank you, no worries kid, Scott. Good morning, How I'm good Scott. I heard you had a great weekend. Thanks for cooling the show. How did you break the window?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's three weeks ago. We were having a dinner party and we're making a homemade ravioli, been on it all afternoon, and the kids were messing around out the back, so I went out and told them off, I come back in. They tried to make a joke me, and we're carrying on at the window and I went to knock on a window. Hit at once in my hand went straight through. A bit of glass went straight through my hand, and yeah, blood squirting everywhere like a horror movie. So obviously everybody's panicking. We'll got an ambulance. We'll go to hospital. I refused. We were going to you know first, So I put my tea it rander finish off.
Speaker 3: The ravioti squit quite a little bit of blood in there for a bit of exer sauce.
Speaker 1: That's it. Everybody's going that You've got to go to your turning what And we went to the hospital an air and a half later.
Speaker 3: And after you had that ravioli, after.
Speaker 1: We had the raoli three days later, I had surgery to sew back the muscle belly.
Speaker 3: Oh were you really so you kind of severage your finger straight through me?
Speaker 8: Reest.
Speaker 3: Oh, wow, you already damnsed it. That's incredible.
Speaker 1: But I did get to finish a ras some.
Speaker 3: Old banging on that window, Scott to put notice your you didn't put your finger that, you put your whole fist through it. It's some big old dada. There are that big old pot all day.
Speaker 2: Christian, Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: How did you break the window? I broke in a window I could when I was thirteen playing golf inside some sam my dad was trying to drill an extra locking device into the sliding door. Again, so many separate things to come out with this. Greenhouses and sliding doors shattered. The lot tried to blame it on us kids playing cricket indoors weakening the frame, but they're a pair. Man saw through the lie instantly and saved Art Bacon David Curtis. My brother and I were playing tennis with a golf ball. Again, what could go wrong? Tennis with a golf ball, and he whacked up my face. Managed to duck in time. It smashed the window behind me. All right, let's go into the lines to some calls. Adam, good morning, Oh good, here you going, Yah, I'm good, Adam, welcome to the show. How did he break the window? Mate?
Speaker 11: Well, basically I was fast asleep, having a grand old time, and then I woke up and thought I saw an intruder in my room, and I basically wound up and threw a big haymaker at my own shadow and punched through the window.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll tell you what, you're straight to action. You go from being asleep to spark trying to spark somebody out. Bye my eyes ready me, Adam.
Speaker 11: Haymaker the best course of action, I thought at the time.
Speaker 3: But mistake at the former defensive Bruce Lee said he did the same thing. He woke from one of those cat outs with a big roundhouse Stroway just done the off charts.
Speaker 4: There was someone in the well the good need.
Speaker 11: He didn't steal anything, so that was good.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, there's a warning shot. If I could do that with one punch for a standing sleeping start, managin might can do with a combination. Is a great and if you have a good week. Thank you very much for calling him, mate. That really made just laugh.
Speaker 11: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Uh Lulu goome morning. Hello, hello, broken window? What happened?
Speaker 10: Yes, so I had a broke. I had a spider on my window that I decided I wanted to kill in the middle of the night. So I grabbed my tennis record and I decided to give it a good walk with the end of the tennis racket, and all I break was the window. God, that's what happened to the spider.
Speaker 3: It's still now telling all his spider mates about that. All very funny. Thank you very much, have a good day, thanks for calling.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Buy.
Speaker 3: Let's take one last one from Darren.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Darren, good Kristin, how are you.
Speaker 3: Ye, I'm good buddy, So how did you break the window?
Speaker 12: It's a made of mine. He got distracted on his fine cooking. A roast opened the oven, grabbed the roasting pan without his oven midst burnt his hands, threw the pen into the sink, and the roast went straight through the window.
Speaker 13: Imagine you outside your ears the breaking as you look round to see a chicken flowing through it roasted, but like steaming and charding, what does that come flying out the oven?
Speaker 12: It left like a rabbit hutch hole.
Speaker 3: So many great stories today, and that was another great one, Darren. Thanks, thank you very much, mate, thanks for calling.
Speaker 2: The Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time Now for your Monday mishard lyrics.
Speaker 2: It's just another miss heard.
Speaker 3: Monday, Christian O'Connell's misshard lyrics. So every Monday on the show, we go through all the misheard lyrics you've been sending in over the previous seven days as we play back your claim of the mishard lyric. We play it back if we agree. If not, for the really great ones, hall of favor, and if you are a instant Hall of fame, you get one of our miss her lyrics Hall of Fame, highly coveted mugs as well Hall of Famers. Last week a record breaking three. We had this on Chris Higgs Working class Man by Jimmy Barnes. He's a seedy old type of psycho Cocomo by the Beach Boys, Martin Eeke, that man's a rotten steak, and Marty sent in Amy Sharks. I said, Hi, tell a mole, I said, Hi, it's still very good. Hall of Famous. All right, let's get into this week's First of all, I just want to say, barely a day goes by, and by the way, if it wasn't for you guys sending these lyrics in this feature wouldn't still be going. But every day I get one about this one midnight Oil Blue Skymine. I just want to remind everyone, a lot of people chinning into the show, who are coming in at different times, we have done this one. Who's gonna shave me? I get this email every day. I just want to remind you we've got it. It is a Hall of Famer. It's a great one. Okay, but we have that one. All right. Big John kicks us off this morning. Paula Carl, I don't want to wait. I don't want to wait for our lives to be over? Or is it I don't want to wait for our lunch to be over? Doesn't want to worry about lunch. Allison's got this. Nothing's going to stop us now from starship and we can build this stream together, standing strong forever. This is going to change this because we played this a lot on this station, and we can build this dream together. Stanley's gone forever. Yeah, Stanley's gone forever. Alana has taken on Phanci's you're the voice. We're not going to sit in silence? Or is it We're not from the City of Sinus. No? Sorry, Alana? All right, smells like team spirit. Here we are now entertainers. I'm a letto and albino mosquito my libido or according to Damien is it here? We are now in containers. I'm a lighter. Hell if I know I'm a skittle, I'm a beatle. Okay, not going on here? Here we are now in containers. I'm a lighter. Hell if I know I'm a skittle, I'm a beatle. They're mostly there, Dan t I have a life changing misheard for you. Easy with the big claims. We'll decide that Dan sorry by Justin Bieber because I just need one more shot at forgiveness? Or is it because I just need one more shot and a half of Guinness? Half I hear half a Guinness.
Speaker 4: I hear half your Irish.
Speaker 3: Wish. We'll think you.
Speaker 7: Half.
Speaker 3: I'm hearing Guinness. It's not.
Speaker 4: It's definitely not life changing.
Speaker 3: It's certainly not life changing. The are nice guinnesses Anthony, I think in kidding Heidi's classic We're Anie Hooper's singing about getting on the beers. It's meant to be? Will you make it in the end? Or is it an Anthony with an h? We'll get maggots in the end, now that we can hear, we get maggot in the end? Come on in Anthony with an H. Hall and finally, wow, wee this is your first entry. I've been a long time listener, first time caller. Jack Post has got this one. Do you want to set this up? Sam Smith?
Speaker 4: This is Sam Smith. This song is called good Things. The lyric is meant to be? Actually, can you read it? I don't have any from it?
Speaker 3: Sure, I had a dream I was mugged outside your house. A dream I was mugged. What do you think you're hearing now?
Speaker 4: I hear I had a dream I was milked outside your house.
Speaker 3: A dream I was mugged out for me. It's not life changing.
Speaker 4: Sam Smith is.
Speaker 3: A cow, A very much not a cow. It's not being milked a dream.
Speaker 4: I was mugged.
Speaker 3: I'm only hearing months. Oh now you know how it feels you're up there with again. He's just not saying it right because that soft little beam's voice of his balls haven't dropped yet. Anyway. That's enough about that, all right? Then send us your miss hurt lyrics next Monday. Email them in as always Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Christian, Hello, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast friends.
Speaker 3: Once more, this show has got your back, Yes we have. When we all came out of lockdown and you were like, I need to get my haircut. The hair just been cut for months, you try and wringing them up. Eh, people have done that before you. They were in there, they were booked, they were organized. There were no hairdresses, no salon appointments ready. Who'd booked twenty two of them around Melbourne North south East West. This show had my friends and now I bet that you'll be surprised to know this Sunday it's on us. It's Valentine's weekend. Now you try till this morning, try and book an upper table. People again, the same people that book those hairdressing appointments, they're back and they've booked in this Sunday, Saturday night, Sunday lunch. It's all booked. You know why it's booked because we've booked them for you, sweet Valentine.
Speaker 9: Us you didn't book its, so we did, we did, we have.
Speaker 3: That's right, Sweet Valentine, it's on us. Every morning this week we're gonna give away dinners, lunches all over Melbourne, so many great places to eat. Valentines is on us. Have some loving on this show.
Speaker 4: We didn't agree on that.
Speaker 3: All right, So this morning, what have we got to give away? The gorgeous Melbourne restaurant at the Langham on the South Bank, great place. Good morning Andre and his amazing team. We've all been down there. You can go this Sunday night on Valentine's Ultimate Buffet experience. That buffet is that other one where you had.
Speaker 4: Those song Oh yeah, they had like a non station. None already the best bread and then you can do twenty What do you have smarter and smarty?
Speaker 3: That's try it. Actually it is great. Oh so I don't know. Buffets are back? Yeah, wow, awesome. Buffets are back. You get the full buffet menu and a glass of You've clicko rose upon arrival, and the chef will be there. Chef David Howe. How does he do this gorgeous buffet? You can find out Jack, where else have we got?
Speaker 4: We can go to a trio wine bar on Swan Street.
Speaker 3: Yes, what can I have there?
Speaker 4: On Sunday night? You can have the chef's selection for two plus eight.
Speaker 3: Last night, so my wife can eat too if you can.
Speaker 4: The chef chooses what you have you all right, chefs selection plus two glasses of prosecco.
Speaker 3: On arrival in Bran we can see you at David's Young char where you get unlimited Um char.
Speaker 4: How much did he say?
Speaker 3: Unlimited? Philly boot Stoney all next week youm charill be coming out here is by the time you finished nothing on David's Young Charts.
Speaker 7: Christian I connell the Christian.
Speaker 3: O'connells show podcast, It's time for us to basically we've made some bookings for Valentine's. Yep, Valentine's this Sunday. I bet you forgot. Don't worry about it. If you've gotten to book anywhere we have for you, sweet Valentine. Us you did book it, so we did, we did, we did.
Speaker 2: We.
Speaker 3: Did. So today we're doing this every day this week, giving away Valentine's bookings on us. You're welcome Melbourne today. We've got the buffet at the gorgeous Melbourne restaurant Valentine's on Sunday, also David's Young Chart and actually our wine bar here in Richmond. We're taking bookings now. Let's just open up the restaurant. This is this is pianist in the corner. All right. Then we've got customers coming in through the door right now. Good morning, Andrew, Hey Gowan, Andrew. Okay, Valentine's Day you and your wife?
Speaker 1: Is it so?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Mat yep, yep. And have you booked anywhere?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 12: Not at all?
Speaker 3: Right, okay, Now we can get you into the buffet at Mailbar, the Langon which is great, or the actually a wine bar in Richmond, or Davis Young jarn Brown.
Speaker 8: Oh the Langon probably stands better give me better brandy points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ladies love a buffet.
Speaker 9: That's it?
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's Sunday, seven pm, damn perfect?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yes? And who are you making the booking?
Speaker 1: In the name of Hi Andrew Shepherd and Steph.
Speaker 3: Shepherd, Andrew and Best Shepherd. Lovely. Now we're just going to get a load of people getting in there about ten to seven. There's going to be like Spartacus. There's only about twenty two. Andrew and Ben Shepherds al Andrew Shepherd and Best Shepherd have a lovely Valentine's on us. Thank you all right now the customer coming in That one's done, isn't the mailbourn? Okay? Uh got the wine? Hello erin, hello erin Happy Valentine for Sunday?
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you?
Speaker 3: Okay, so lovely for you'd have to call up and book your own Valentines. Who who's the man that should be doing this?
Speaker 2: Mitch?
Speaker 6: He never does anything well, he doesn't really do anything.
Speaker 11: For any holiday.
Speaker 3: Definitely, he's a bit useless boy.
Speaker 6: Right, could be very excited if I can organize it, which I normally do.
Speaker 3: Okay, where did you actually go? And you actually go into a wine bar enjoying some wine and tapas or do you would you like some young chart unlimited.
Speaker 6: I think wine bar because I would like the wine bar and he can just deal with the wine. He won't drink it, but he can deal with it.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is not going on for this isn't.
Speaker 4: Like a real crowd.
Speaker 3: Jack the half post. You're there Sunday Valentine's Day. Six wine and tappas and a complimentary two glasses of prosecco on arrival.
Speaker 2: Amazing, Thank you, all right.
Speaker 3: Have you and Mitch have a good time? Bye bye, amazing, Thanks, bye, bye bye. Stephanie. It's sad there's a lot of women calling him. This is not the way, especially come on men, up your game, Stephanie. Sorry about this. So you're gonna be going to atri or wine bar?
Speaker 4: No, that's the one we just gave away, is it?
Speaker 3: And I've actually stepped outside the restaurant. It's got me to go back in the restaurant.
Speaker 10: I think it was.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it. Yeah, at least happening with my breakfast show. Yes, that's right. You're after David's Young Chart.
Speaker 10: That's great.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, the food of Love youm char unlimited Young Chart plus drinks on arrival.
Speaker 10: Amazing.
Speaker 3: All right, I hope you and who are you bringing with you?
Speaker 7: Ah? My new partner Lachlan New how new a couple of months?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Wow, that is amazing? What in lockdown?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 3: How did you do that?
Speaker 7: We were friends first, so I guess I can.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's amazing. Now it's your first Valentine's together, which is the most important one?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 3: Yes, oh well that's when you make all the effort. Twenty years My wife and I aren't even spending the day together.
Speaker 6: At this time.
Speaker 3: The most important one. It's when you're still sort of presenting that pretend image of yourself and let's see who's really underneath it. You've got a fantasy dress costume on. Still basically, are you sure they haven't arranged anything?
Speaker 7: I've never been more sure.
Speaker 3: It's a damning incitement of the men in Melbourne? Right? This the funny cause today? All right, unlimited young charm for you and your new partner. Enjoy Valentine's your first one.
Speaker 7: Amazing.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Time for this morning is that where time when it's done? So grand say and temis is back. The Australian Opening kicks off today. It's good news and to now the time waste they're working for your tennis songs? Did you know some tennis facts? At the top of the longest tennis match in history? What's between John isn't it? And Nicholas Maho The sim wimbled in twenty ten. It went over three days. In terms of it was eleven hours and five minutes of play. Was extraordinary.
Speaker 4: I don't know how they carried back to the last game's breakpoint. Just keeps going and going.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and then it stopped for weather as well. Incredible. I did not notice the scoring system in tennis is based on the clock fifteen thirty forty. They figured forty five too long to say, so they just went with forty. Come on, tennis, try harder, all right? So tennis songs, you hold an asis.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm ready to go, all right?
Speaker 3: E baby's got back hand?
Speaker 4: Oh nice backhand? Gold?
Speaker 3: Thank you. Let's set with a whole lot of lob gold. Thank you. Macen row your own way gold. Can I keep it up? Three more ago, three in the bag, so far Champagne sharp over in the sky. Sorry, what's the original Champagne Supernova, Champagne sharp over in the sky on the next.
Speaker 4: It just didn't feel good.
Speaker 3: Hawk whoa, I can see clear back up there and racket man normal. All right, Jackie boy, they's see these aces tennis songs, the Darling.
Speaker 4: I can't get enough of your love.
Speaker 3: Bronze. Come on, Bronze. Tomic is tomic level. I've got a Tomic one coming up, not atomic, No, no, no, you tried a little bit harder than that.
Speaker 4: Stringing in the rain, Oh now.
Speaker 3: That's gold, very good stringing in the rain.
Speaker 4: You're gonna fight for your right to Barty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Herald Sun headline. That is the back pace tomorrow silver plus all.
Speaker 4: Right, and Tom Jones fights fire with fire. He's Bernard down the house.
Speaker 3: Give you a goal for that? All right? Well done? What have you got? Tennis songs?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 3: Podcast, Today's time waste as we're looking for your tennis songs. The open is on your tennis songs today, Jackie boy, you're ready to mark. Let's do it Live in La take two, Living La Vida Novak Bronze wasn't worth the second time? Some Luke, sorry, Luke, where's my racket, Come on tennis songs, pase vend your neck, Detective, come on team songs. Good golly, miss Volley, we're back with the songs. That's good. Who's that from? He didn't put your name, He's put your name on these. We can give you the credit time right after time, time, rafter time Gold. That's smart, well done, Jen, Let's hear.
Speaker 4: It for the bull Boy Silver, umpire, State of Mind Silver.
Speaker 3: Dead Racket, Amma days instead of rock MEAs Gold smart, Steve hit me Borgy one more time for being walk Gold Damien. That's very good when I serena your smile. Silver, Vanessa. We like to party similar to mine, bron Alison. I can't fill my ace when I'm with you. Contemporary plus Yeah, very good when I'm busy. Every set you take Silver plus Becca be home soon Gold and Steve slice Slice Baby Silver, don't want to change the string Gold, What on? Michael? Shut up your ace? Gold plus That is strong double aces. Don't dream. It's in Nanavatara all over. I don't know what without in pronunciation. Sorry, Glenn. That deserved a goal. Silver, Drop Shots of Jupiter Silver. Papa's got a brand new ball Boy Silver plus Hewett let the dogs out Silver, I want to shake your hand.
Speaker 4: Bronz come and said the ball boy Bronze.
Speaker 3: Dude, wear's my sharrap over. No, it doesn't work. And their songs team songs. Let's leave it there. Mack to Mono
Speaker 2: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast