Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian No Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We need to help Jackie boy. It's got a very exciting kind of what do you call it? A date night? Tonight?
Speaker 3: It is a date night, and our first one since our baby was born seven weeks ago.
Speaker 2: This is huge. And you've decided to go to a cinema, which is a place where you can sit next to each other and not talk to each other for a couple of hours.
Speaker 3: But there's a little bit of dinner beforehand, obviously walking hand in hand after the movie back to the can.
Speaker 2: I just say you've made the right choice, because what happens in the first year when you do get a rare night out you say, let's not just talk about the baby, right, Well, in a minute, you're talking about everything to do with the baby that you've been talking about non stop for the last couple of weeks. So cinema for both of you is a great idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there's never been as as much pressure on them choosing a movie as there is tonight because we have so little chances to get out and watch something. This will be besides the footy. This is be the first thing I've watched even on TV in the last seven weeks.
Speaker 2: Wow, so it's huge. So let's help Jackie boy out. So is there no agreement? So far? You haven't even book to any tickets.
Speaker 3: We've narrowed it down to two, well three. Bianco wanted to see downtown Abbey a new.
Speaker 2: Era, but innight, thirty years time. Put it this way, Sue the Boss is going to see it tonight. She really, of course she is. Okay, she's taking the cats. They put the whole road together, downtown. This is down to abbey. This actually sounds like a sketch, doesn't it. This is a bit of the Downton Abbey trailer. And I know a lot of you are like, oh, I've got book tickets. I can't wait to see it. I can't believe you're not going to see a Christian. This is downtown Abbey.
Speaker 4: Have you told them, Lady Grantham, she's.
Speaker 2: See there you go, it's a lady the Lord. There's always dismisson here, sir, bring them into the study, could you hard Greaves?
Speaker 4: Have you told them Lady Grantham, she's told us nothing. Do sit down.
Speaker 2: With a villa in trade.
Speaker 5: Sit down her start at the beginning, years ago, before you were born, I measurement.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see Downton Abbey. I'll keep it on the list, just.
Speaker 2: I kinda say, to be honest, it's make me smile. You're not going to go wrong with down you are. I'm coming round to it because as she's hearing the.
Speaker 4: Have you told them, Lady Grantham, She's.
Speaker 5: Told us nothing sick, don't I've come into possession of a villa in the south of front Mystery the beginning years ago, before you were born.
Speaker 6: I measurement.
Speaker 2: It's so tipid, doesn't it. You don't traders these days? This thing? What's that? Child?
Speaker 4: Have you told them?
Speaker 2: In the background of energy to it sick?
Speaker 4: I've come into possession of a villa.
Speaker 3: They're a rich family.
Speaker 2: No, it feels like a mildly interesting episode of the TV series. You're not going to get up waste a babysitter. I'm going to see that. I think, take down to Abby.
Speaker 3: Right, love to take that off. So the two left are the anchor's choice of secrets of Dumbledore, which is like.
Speaker 2: This is a third fantastic beast one. Yeah, so the first one loved the second one. Normally, as the diminishing returns isn't it?
Speaker 3: Okay, So how many Harry Potter characters are in it? Because I've never seen Fantastic Beasts, but I know it's of the world from Harry Potter.
Speaker 2: Stephen Hawkins in it, the actor that played Stephen Hawkings. Sorry. Wow, they're really expanding the multipus, aren't they.
Speaker 3: They are magic rolling up to now.
Speaker 2: I thought she was canceled. Now she's putting Hawk in the moon. Eddie Redmond's in it, Eddie Redmond, right, hot Jude Law is there with his magic wand so Dumbledore is Jude Law Hotty Dumbledore? Okay, he's the keeper of the Elder One.
Speaker 3: I'm not hurrying out to get.
Speaker 4: The world as we know it is coming undone.
Speaker 2: Now, that's how you start trying though the world as we know it is coming undone.
Speaker 4: The world as we know it is coming undone. Compared to have you told them that, Lady grandfam She's.
Speaker 2: Sit down the world as we know it is coming undone, pulling it apart with had.
Speaker 4: If we're to defeat him, have to trust me. We're here to see I was Dumbledore.
Speaker 1: That would be my brother.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know about Dumbledore.
Speaker 2: All right, what's the next option.
Speaker 3: This is my one. This is my pitch. It's called unbearable Weight of massive talent.
Speaker 2: This looks great. I've read all the reviews. This is in a Nick Cage movie where he plays himself, especially brilliant.
Speaker 3: Unfulfilled and facing financial ruin. Actor Nick Cage accepts a one million dollar offer to attend a wealthy fans birthday party. Things take make out the.
Speaker 2: Word Nick Cage put Johnny Depp in either of those two. They feel that those two are quite interchangeable, don't you.
Speaker 3: It takes an unexpected turn when a CIA operative recruits Cage for an unusual mission.
Speaker 2: See I love this. This is this is the.
Speaker 3: One to see. Wait, come, Nick Cage, we got another offer.
Speaker 4: It's a million bucks.
Speaker 1: It's to attend a wealthy gentleman's birthday.
Speaker 2: It's the easiest gig over.
Speaker 1: You play yourself.
Speaker 4: Welcome to my cage. The guy doesn't gonna want me to play them coming the cage.
Speaker 3: He plays himself.
Speaker 2: I mean i'd be going to see that, Patsy. What would you advise, Jack? What do you think?
Speaker 3: Have a guess? Not the downtowns?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Auction.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We live in a world now. There's so many choices, aren't there? What do you want to watch tonight? Do we want someone on Netflix, Apple TV, stan Ko and then on even if you're just gonna get a takeaways? Do you want? Do you want pizza burger Chinese? Indian? Which Indian?
Speaker 8: Know?
Speaker 2: I had a bad time last night. Oh I like the signs they do there. And then going to the cinema, which is why we're want to help jack you now because movies about there's so many movies to see and you want to if you're going to put two or three hours into it, you want to make sure you're gonna have a nice time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is our first chance to go on a date, just Benker and I since we had a baby seven weeks ago, so there's a lot of pressure. We don't want to go and see a dud movie and ruin our only nine out in two months.
Speaker 2: And what are you doing beforehand? Have you already worked out We're going to go eat.
Speaker 3: The dumplings place I told you?
Speaker 2: And then are you going to do any sneaky sneaks in the backpack? You know, like a little half bottle of wine or some of like ways. Yeah, just checking. You haven't forgot how it works. You really feel like you're sticking it to the man, don't you. The little sneaky sneaks do they know when they say I worked at the cinema, we know we see the mad pack or suitcase that.
Speaker 3: You Sometimes they say we had a guy with a Duffel coat trying to sneak in McDonald's.
Speaker 2: We know, gadget all right, So it doesn't know what movie to go and see tonight. Which way do you think should go? There's this big new Nick Cage sort of comedy movie. There's also Downton Abbey, and then there's also the new Fantastic Beast movie, The Secrets of Dumbledore.
Speaker 1: Maria, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? So help the posts out? Which way should they go tonight?
Speaker 9: If Jack wants to be absolutely to time, he's got to go see the Nicholas Cage movie. We saw it on Sunday and it was absolutely hysterical. It is a really laugh out loud movie.
Speaker 6: It was great.
Speaker 2: That's what you guys. You need to laugh right now. It's tough having a baby. You want to laugh right now. So what would you say? Nine out of ten, ten out of ten, Marie.
Speaker 9: I'd say ten out of ten. Yeah, and I've seen the Dumbledore movie as well. That's good. But if you had to pick between the two, I'd go Nicholas Cage all the way.
Speaker 6: It's not kidding.
Speaker 9: It is hysterical. It is so out there. It's not funny, but it is funny.
Speaker 6: It's great.
Speaker 9: We loved it.
Speaker 2: Awesome. That's a great double thumbs up. Thank you, Marie. Have a nice weekend. You two buy Alana?
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello Alana.
Speaker 2: What movie should they go and see?
Speaker 6: Definitely Nicholas Cage. I think they're a young couple. Downton Abbey should be way off that list.
Speaker 2: When you're Patsy's age is giving your babysitter?
Speaker 6: Sorry, definitely not Downton Eddie. They need to have a fun though it out, Yes, so down to Eddy Off. Definitely an action comedy In the Lost Cage all the way.
Speaker 2: If this show was a movie, it's action comedy.
Speaker 3: We are Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 2: Jack, Alana, thank you very much. She killed me. I have a good weekend.
Speaker 6: Thank you you too.
Speaker 2: Came.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Hi Christian, Jack and Patty, how are you mate?
Speaker 2: Can help Jack out? Which movie. Should they go? And see which way you go? Jack?
Speaker 6: I would cross those three off and I would go through the Lost City with Sandra Bullick, Channing Tatum and Brad Pitt. It is hilarious. I love it. Ye hilarious.
Speaker 3: You look like a bit of a kids movie to me.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 1: You'll love it.
Speaker 6: I don't think you'd regret it. And I think you need a good night out and have a good lineup.
Speaker 8: It'd be great.
Speaker 2: I tell you one thing. Channum Tatum does comedy really well. Have you seen that Jump Street?
Speaker 3: Those two Jump Street comedies?
Speaker 2: Is it one of those movies? Work at the beginning him and Soundra but hate each other, and then the end they get it on.
Speaker 6: A little bit.
Speaker 3: This movie, no one's looking for out the spoilers for the.
Speaker 2: Kim. Thank you very much for your recommendation.
Speaker 6: Have a great day, have fun, Jack.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Ben's all nine? Come on and Ben?
Speaker 8: Hey Christ? How you going?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Benny boy? Which way should he go? What's he going to go? And see?
Speaker 7: Look, I've got a bit of an idpall one here. It's actually from twenty twenty, but I think they're playing it again. And I recently watched this in the cinemas a few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: It is the.
Speaker 7: Funniest film I've seen in a long time. It's actually based on a true story. It's called The Duke. It's based on the nineteen sixty one theft of de Goya's portrait of the Duke of Wellington in the National Gallery of London.
Speaker 3: And I saw the trailer.
Speaker 2: It's part of cinemas. It's supposed to be really good.
Speaker 3: It looked a bit too British for me. Use me, it looked very British. Even the poster.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: He's got like I was Indian?
Speaker 2: What do you say? It looks a bit Indian to me? Why is it okay to be semi racist to my people? It looks a bit British. Isn't a nice one Indian for me?
Speaker 3: On the poster he is wearing a top hat and you know, but.
Speaker 2: It's of the time. He's been talking about going to sit down to abbey. There's nothing more British than that.
Speaker 3: Nick Cage is just a nose in front for me at the moment.
Speaker 2: It's very British as well. Is it a good movie?
Speaker 7: Ben Oh it's a cracker all the way through. It is the best movie I've seen in a very long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not as reminded as Jack sort of my moral?
Speaker 3: Was it very British though?
Speaker 1: Ben?
Speaker 2: The whiff of British list the whiff of palm coming off the screen. Ben, Sorry, mate, it's one on deaf, ignorant, closed mind ears. We're going sit together you and ipe any boy and see it again. Oh yeah, rob one last one from all Robbie Boy, Rob here you going? Yeah, shall be resolved anything now, rom.
Speaker 8: It's going to be Nicholas Cage all the way Nicholas.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 8: I'm sold on it. I've got to guarantee it there myself. And unless you want to catch up on some slate, guarantee dat nebby if you want. If you want to catch up on slate, guarantee dat nebby. Otherwise, Nicolas, why didn't he watch.
Speaker 2: It with Jack and the anchor?
Speaker 3: They come along tonight right?
Speaker 2: They show Patred Cinemas? Is it that Palace one he's doing?
Speaker 1: Christian know Connell's Show podcast