Speaker 1: People do some weird shit.
Speaker 2: Would you like to try vape? Why would you take up something that is going to be addictive and expensive? I think that people.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. Yeah, because you're young and stupid, some things make more sense than others.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that your goal was to be healthy, and I just don't know. How can you figure that's going to happen when you're ordering a chocolate moose? No, you know.
Speaker 1: I had it in the car on the way home, and I didn't have a spood, so it was like an hour of Dillo trying to get ants out of a hole. Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults. Food bean fingered as an awful sensation. You haven't been thinking about the right person? Goodness?
Speaker 2: May this is?
Speaker 1: Is it just I'm still to play a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: Hi, it's Jenna. Please don't forget to include my name in the opener this season.
Speaker 1: Sorry? Now he is Mitch Julli and Mitchell cool color.
Speaker 2: Mitchell Cook, gooday, good eye. We are soldiering on, even though we're crookeds dogs over here.
Speaker 1: This is my final days. I feel like I've got the scarlet fever.
Speaker 2: Mitchell yeah, I reckon that. You and I caught the exact same thing when we recorded last week, because we both got sick at the same time, the exact same illness, you know, the horsey throat as they like to call it. But it's I think my voice is back to a point where I can use it for the podcast today. I don't know if you can hear it, but I've got my diffusor going right here so I can keep the ark.
Speaker 1: You had a lit a cigar. I didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 2: No, that probably wouldn't help the sinus.
Speaker 1: What scent is easy breathe, easy breathe. Jesus, that sounds like your old grinder handle.
Speaker 2: Oh please, no, not breed.
Speaker 1: Oh you said easy breed.
Speaker 2: I've never actually had a grinder handle, to be honest.
Speaker 1: No, true. The only time you ever used grinder was when you and I went on to send voice messages to random people and we just send cough sounds. Remember that, we just go on and cough at them. You know that's a real cough.
Speaker 2: I sent like a dirty message the other day on my friend's grinder account and the person record, which was pretty mortifying.
Speaker 1: What from your text or was a voice message.
Speaker 2: It was a voice message. Do you want me to show you what I sent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, show me. That's actually that's very cool.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but it's pretty embarrassing given what I said on my friend's behalf Reddie. This is what I said, Hi Ho, Hi ho, it's in my boss your glow. And he replies, you sound like that guy who used to be on social media. I was like, it used to be And then he says, and you grew up in a small town and does a talk show, and I'm like, fuck, yup, that's me.
Speaker 1: He had like thirty percent of the information and he was very confident with you just filled in the blanks, didn't he.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's just so hard. You wouldn't understand what it's like being this recognizable.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. Someone in the street the other day said to me, you're the next Kyle Sandalance, and I said, thank you so much. I didn't know my name, but they said that to me, and I said, I'll take it and run. I don't want to be the next Kyle Sandalance, but thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I wonder how you'd go surviving cancel culture.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, darn it. I would have been canceled one hundred times over if you didn't edit all my horrific things out of this podcast.
Speaker 2: That is true. I do have you back in that way.
Speaker 1: You do safeguard me. I'm from home and I have to say my Ubera's just arrived, so can you, Mitch, you'll just tell everyone what's coming up. I'm just got to get my panini. It's just at the front door. Sorry. Oh, I'll be one sent.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I've chosen today, of all days, and we're both sick to kind of test drive a news segment. It could be rubbish. It absolutely could be, So we'll see. It's called Sense of Day. That's all you need to know for now. Obviously, we'll have an is it just you? From a listener. They'll have it and needs it just me of their own? And we're a prize for it. But we'll start the show the same way we do every week, with an is it just me? Eat something we've noticed, something we hate by, something we appreciate. Mitch doesn't know mine. I don't know mitch'es. So would you like to kick things off with your is it just me? As you sit back down to the microphone.
Speaker 1: Oh that was perfectly time. Sorry, my panini just arrived. Yeah. Should I start.
Speaker 2: Actually give us a tease for or is it just me?
Speaker 3: Mays? Just me?
Speaker 1: Has something to do with a condiment on the food that was just delivered here into my house, something that I've been mulling over for months, and there is an unjust opinion towards one condiment that I need to get off my chest.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: I mean that doesn't sound super interesting. That's not going to like hook people in and keep them listening. So maybe you should just go first. That's okay, that's not a strong hook.
Speaker 1: I think you'll find that the spice and nights, the people that really are into spices and collect spices will love this. I'll go first, all right, all right?
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Does pepper deserve better?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Pepper the spice.
Speaker 2: I think pepper gets its due recognition.
Speaker 1: Now. Pepper is the scum of the earth in the spice world. It is the cheapest spice, It is the go to everyday household spice. But I think it is by far the most complex, the most delicious, the most versatile flavoring you can add on anything. I adore cracked black pepper, and I think it deserves better. It should be more expensive, and it should be a luxury gourmet food item, not a household Should it.
Speaker 2: Be more expensive. I'm sure you could get expensive pepper you try, but no, I'm with you. I like, sometimes when I make scram with eggs in the morning and I forget to add pepper, I really notice the difference. On the days that I remember to put pepper on. I'm like, ah, it's missing pepper.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like if someone doesn't put time flakes in their spag bowl, you won't fucking notice. But if there's no pepper in that spag bowl, or if there's no pepper on your eggs, or another situation where pepper is vital ham and cheese toasted sandwich, you need to have pepper on the tomato or you don't even taste the tomato. What's the point.
Speaker 2: Whereas salt, I don't think is that important to some things, Like every single meal kit I make from Dinnery or Hallo Fresh, whatever, every single step in the meal is always seasoned with salt and pepper, And sometimes I think, do I really need to I could skip this step, but yeah, No, the pepper makes the difference the salt not so much.
Speaker 1: You can give or take. Pepper is And you know what, here's to think about pepper. You crack it. Oh, on the flight, you can smell the flavor. It's a bit spicy, which is a bit fancy. You can like sort of grill it in pan before you put meat in, and it's floral and you get like Herbie notes, it is so versatile. And I just think, poor fucking pepper, like it deserves more of a rap.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I thought you were gonna say for you? And when you said a condiment, I thought you meant like utensils, not condiments. I thought you were about to come to the defense of fucking wooden cutlery.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't get me started on wooden cutlery. It makes me want to jump. I hate any the feeling of any wood, Sorry, I hate it. Any wood in my mouth rubbing up against my teeth makes me want a gag. Oh, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: So off even like paddle pop sticks are no good.
Speaker 1: Oh. I would leave like a good centimeter of paddle pop ice cream around the stick because I didn't want to even think about it. Now, Oh, you actually too. It makes the nerve in my tooth twitch.
Speaker 2: It's just happening more and more and more, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? Or a tongues under repeat appreciated, Like imagine if I brought that to the table.
Speaker 2: Tongues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tongues.
Speaker 2: How good are tongues? Though?
Speaker 1: Oh? I use tongues for everything. I grilled neck plant with tongues this morning. I love tongues anyway. With pepper, hit us up on a couple of Mitre socials, which herb and spice? Do you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god? Okay, sure, whatever. You can check those messages. Is it time for mys?
Speaker 3: It is me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go. Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Is there no such thing as sending a text too early or too late in this day and age?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: What do you mean elaborate? Because I think I have thoughts.
Speaker 2: Well, Because for some reason I was tossing and turning, and I woke up super early this morning. It was like five thirty am. Yeah, and I couldn't get back to sleep, and so I was like, right, I'll just go on my phone and I replied to a text message that my friend had sent me the night before.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fair, And then they replied pretty instantly and said, oh my god, why are you up this early? Your text woke me up and I was like, sorry, that's on you. What kind of monster just goes asleep with their phone not on silent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do not disturb. They're silent. Turn the damn thing off for God's sake, nana. And they also don't have to read it as soon as it comes through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, like who here is a text messages and just leaps for their phone first thing? In this a and age, it's hard to get a hold of people at the fucking best of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even think my phone has been off vibrate for nine years, especially working in radio and podcasting, Like you never want a phone to go off. My phone is permanently on vibrate.
Speaker 2: Half the time mine is on do not disturb because I find like I just find getting notifications all the time a little bit overwhelming. Like I've got the most annoying notifications that come through for just random apps like this freaking running app that I use eight es ago, and it's like time to dust off those running streets. I'm like, fuck, oh I get all these random notifications.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get Pinterest. It goes Mitchell Jury ten pin boards that'll get you in the mood. What do you mean? What's pin board? Also? Why are you calling my first and last name Pinterest?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I get that shit all the time. I also have this app that I thought would be helpful, but it's so annoying because it's this one more notification to read this motivation app that sends.
Speaker 1: You like, I've got the same thing.
Speaker 2: Do you have that? The motivational quote app?
Speaker 1: Is it the same one? I'm gonna get it up. I get one ever. Actually I think I said it to three times a day. I get one every six hours.
Speaker 2: God, I can't even remember what I said it to. But yeah, they do. Let you step that up at the start. Your future depends on what you do today. MOHAMMEDA. Gandhi?
Speaker 1: Oh what's your quote? Is not wrong? Is that motivation? The black app with the yes little quotation marks mine is? Today is today's mantra. And when no one comes to rescue you, you'll find that you've always been strong enough to rescue yourself. Oh that's lovely, Anonymous.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's another one. You don't need too many people to be happy, Just a few real ones who appreciate you for who you are. With Khalifa, what.
Speaker 1: About this don't promise when you're happy, don't reply when you're angry, and don't decide when you're sad. That's from Tupac. Why are they quoting all these rappers? What was the first part of that don't promise when you're happy?
Speaker 2: Oh? Why not? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I guess because maybe, like you're on cloud nine, you're sort of clouded by happiness.
Speaker 2: Oh, and then you commit to something and then later on you go, oh fuck, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: I'm not one of those people that believes this stuff. I don't think there's ever been a point in my life where a quote could pull me out of a deep dark depression. I truly don't. I think I need way more than some words from Tupac.
Speaker 2: I think inspira quotes won't pull you out of a deep dark depression. But it is good to have a bit of control over what's going on in your head, because if if you've got all this negative self talk going on and nothing stopping that or distracting you from that, then you end up just being led by that.
Speaker 1: I suppose Mitchell Coombs. That in itself is a quote. What you just said put that in that that was sensational.
Speaker 2: But anyway, my point is I get so many notifications a day, and when I do get around to reply to text messages, it could be any time of day or night. And I also don't feel the need to acknowledge what time it is. Like if I send a text super late, I won't be like, sorry, it's late. I just assume that they're not going to read it. They're not say they'll read it tomorrow. I don't wrap up conversations of a night time. I don't say all right, good night, I'll talk to you tomorrow. It's just like texting is fluid. Now you just send a message whenever.
Speaker 1: Texting has developed. And you know what, I know. I know that for a fact because my parents have now stopped signing off with mum or dad or X. I know it's coming from you, guys. It's called a contact. Yeah, it says who it's from. You don't need to sign sign it off. I am still sending x's and I think that's going to be the next thing to phase out, Like you don't need you know that. I want to kiss you. You know that I'm sending it with love. You don't need me to tell you.
Speaker 2: Every time I text you, I only send an X on the end of a message. Ironically, I know, and sometimes.
Speaker 1: I can't read it with you. I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: Like if I said to you today, you're running late for the podcast just for something different X, Like that's me being a prick.
Speaker 1: I can't read it. Though I had my mom message me and go, Hi, you're gonna be late for dinner X. I'm like, is being real or is she being? She out the front already? I don't know. You've ruined my brain, Mitchell.
Speaker 2: It's ruined the X for me.
Speaker 1: We've fucked the X.
Speaker 2: You fucked my ex you're listening to Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Got something on your mind? Put up at a couple of Mitchell's on Instagram to get yourself on the shoe. You've also probably noticed today that price keeper Jenna is not here. She's actually it was her decision not to show up, right Mitch.
Speaker 2: Yep, she said that she was sick and I thought so away Darling where soldier? But that's okay. She's She's still on. Judy. If you get on the show for an Is it just you? She will still give you a prize, so make sure you hit it up. Who we've got on the line today.
Speaker 1: We have Charles. He's on the line. Hello, Charles, Welcome to the shower dog Golla, very god. That makes me realize how sick I am when I normally I'm the one yelling and screaming. But Charles, you.
Speaker 2: Other people having energy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're heavy lifting. How are you where? You're at work?
Speaker 3: I know right, yes, I'm at work.
Speaker 2: What do you do, Darlin?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm at UNI, but I work in a garden center.
Speaker 1: A garden center like a flower power, like a flower power but more, think think more.
Speaker 3: I g a an I G a version of flower power.
Speaker 1: Who the fuck has gardens? Charles? Well? Wealthy white Charlie, Charlie. What did I say, Charles, Charles, I'm sick, Charlie. Give me all right, Bradley can now I want to ask this, do you have any other ki and tell in this garden center that you claim exists other and it buttros and other white wealthy ones.
Speaker 3: It's literally butts, that's it. But you literally hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 2: Now, people in our world don't garden. You know, we live in apartments and ship but obviously people there's enough people that garden to warrant Chuck having a job.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sometimes there'll be the occasional like teenager, I'm like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 3: Like you don't belong You're not like.
Speaker 1: Seventy good point, Chang.
Speaker 3: All right. I'm from the Northern Beaches too, so it's like all the rich women.
Speaker 2: Oh, where about them the beaches? Are you, darling?
Speaker 5: I'm in like, yeah, do why like Chroma Oh my god, you probably.
Speaker 1: The Teacher's Pet podcast area. Yes, god, yes, you're not complicit in the killing of Lyn Dawson. I'm so into that podcast at the moment Chris Dawson was just changed.
Speaker 5: Oh I know, and you know where it happened Chroma High. I live like two streets now, you're.
Speaker 1: Joke where it happens.
Speaker 2: I know. That's chilling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's not there anymore. That's pretty bloody, creepy. Yeah, that's chilly.
Speaker 1: Mitch says his evapes. All right, let's go.
Speaker 2: That's my diffuse.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm still not convinced it looks like you're vaping, Mitch.
Speaker 3: Mis I thought you were trying to quit the vapes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not vaping right now.
Speaker 1: Brad's gonna take you in and hit us with you. Is it just you?
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Can you not live without your tongue scraper?
Speaker 2: Wait? They exited it. Yeah, you're absolutely.
Speaker 3: Joking every single morning, every single night.
Speaker 1: What's a tongue scraper? I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're a religious teethelf explanatory, Mitch.
Speaker 5: It's like this little bit of metal with two holders and you scrape it and it gets all the gunk off your tongue.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, life changing.
Speaker 2: Fuck off because I have to use other contraptions to get rid of the gunk on the tongue. It bothers me a lot. I just use like teeth flowers or other random things. I need to get one.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it will change your life.
Speaker 1: Wait tell me, Charlie. So do you do it after you brush or is it a before brush thing? No?
Speaker 5: So I'll brush the teeth first and then I'll brush my tongue a little.
Speaker 3: Bit and then I'll scrape it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, if you do the teeth brushing bitter thing, a tongue scrape and then a bit of mouth washed to top it off. Oh my god, you'll feel fresh.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful wait chemistry, and then it hurts to drink water after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. You know when you're like, I use as little pixtures, which I feel like. We discussed this a couple of weeks ago, Little Minnie. They're like baby pipe cleaners, and you put them between your teeth, and sometimes when my teeth like, oh my god, they're like bleed a little. I no, bleeding is not, but when there's a bit of blood, I go, yeah, I got the gunk right out.
Speaker 2: No, my dentist said to push through when it starts to bleed. You've got to do it more often. And then eventually, after a week or so, it stops bleeding. And I did that and I no longer have any gun bleeding. So yeah, really shoving that Christmas tree up there.
Speaker 1: We've all got good teeth. I don't know about you, Charlie, but I'm assuming you've got good jumpers if you're a tongue.
Speaker 3: I actually I was blessed. I was born with perfect teeth. Never braces in there straighter than me. I'm very good.
Speaker 1: Tickets on yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm literally ordering a tongue scraper right now, Mitchell.
Speaker 1: The one that I just found is rose Gold. It's very you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm looking at Amazon and I'm like, shit, where have they've been all my life?
Speaker 3: Do you want me to send you?
Speaker 5: I already sent you a message about how sad I was about you leaving Tush Charlie, so I'm probably in your DMS already.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I can send you a photo of the one that I got.
Speaker 2: No, I don't really want to see a used one, but thanks Anny.
Speaker 1: That's a bit gross, Charlie.
Speaker 3: I used one, the one I bought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, send it through, Darling, Charlie, Charlie, would you buy Is it just me branded a tongue cleaners? If we mark?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yes, yeah, okay, oh yeah mate, it's of course.
Speaker 1: You know, if you ever wanted one of the mitches to suck the gunk off your tongue, now's your chance. I don't know, there's something in it, there's something in that. Thank you Charlie for coming on the show. Enjoy your shift at Flower Goods.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to hit up Jennifer your prize, Chuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hit up Jennifer your prize and we'll give you something fun, Okay, thanks for coming on town on he's gone, got ready here?
Speaker 2: Did you know said he would only speak to me if you repeated what I said?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah, Well he was clearly a you fan. He'd come from trash Allan. Be sure if we could hear me properly anyway, that's fine, No, he could hear you know what, I will admit this, Mitch. I had one message this week saying hi, And you know it takes a big man to admit he's been wrong. Someone said Hi, I found you from Coombs being on trash Alley, and then he left and then I've come to IGYM and I love you and I love the show and I'm glad I found you.
Speaker 2: So that's nice.
Speaker 1: All the things that I've said, and you having multiple podcasts and which is your favorite and the right the fake rivalry that I've created in my head, it's all wrong.
Speaker 2: No, there's no rivalry whatsoever.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling after your trash Alley retirement. You're feeling good?
Speaker 2: Well, it's a bit shit that I'm sick, and my first week of having more time on my hands, I've basically just spent in bed watching real Hardwives of Melbourne. Oh what a trashy show that is. But I can't stop.
Speaker 1: I haven't. I haven't tried because I know I'll get hooked. I've seen Sydney, but I've never done Melbourne, but I might do it next.
Speaker 2: I've only watched one episode of Sydney. I love that. I've got care because they were too gross and like two Feral, which totally checks out after watching one episode. But I've only just started watching Real house Buys of Melbourne. I started from season four. Oh God, it's just so petty and mind numbing, but I can't stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I get hooked. I'm on Beverly Hills and I'm about to do Salt Lake City. I love the Real Housewives. I think Jenna would be a fantastic could addition to the Real Housewives franchise, don't you think? No, she's just so anti dam she'd be amazing. They wouldn't.
Speaker 2: She wouldn't have what it takes to Actually, she'd be good at bitching about them behind their back, but she wouldn't have what it takes to, you know, do the confronting each other, all that fighting and cattiness that goes on.
Speaker 1: She'd enable them all to you look gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Sorry, my cat's knocking on the door, and I'd just duck off for a sec.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go get that. I'll do the plang guys.
Speaker 2: If you I'm a busy working mum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, goga. If you want to get on the show, hit us up a couple of miches on Instagram, send us a didym and we'll get you on the show and you can win yourself a prize. Mitch's dealing with his cat. I'm gonna have a bite of my because it's been sitting here since we started the show.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to try something a little bit different today. It's a new segment that I'm calling Sense of Day. Oh I hear that term thrown around a lot in our industry, don't you sood?
Speaker 1: Sense of day? Yeah, explain what it is for people who don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh well, in the context of radio, they'd be like, oh, okay, what's the sense of day? What are people talking about? You know, what's what's the headline news or whatever? Yeah, you know, it's Father's Day coming up. We need to seize because that's the sense of day whatever. And so one of the sources that we used to use a lot for that was Days of the Year dot com and I often go in there just to like hate visit because it's sometimes interesting, but it's also fucking ridiculous, Like there is a day for everything.
Speaker 1: What Days of the year dot com?
Speaker 2: You go have a look yourself right now and just like have a little brows. But it's basically like every single ridiculous international holiday. You can think of International whipped Cream Appreciation Day or like International high five your neighbor Day. There's just a day for fucking everything, and you can go on the calendar find out what the day today.
Speaker 1: This is apt for me National Chicken Boy Day.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a man dressed as a rooster, which is how I got my start in the entertainment bees. I dressed up as a rooster for Kyle and Jackie. Oh this is so bizarre.
Speaker 2: Okay, well just you wait because I was kind of, like I said, I hate visit this website. I kind of mock it because it's ridiculous. But yeah, I jumped forward to Monday, the fifth of September, which is the day that this episode drops smart and oh my god, I feel like Monday the fifth is your day. Not only that but September is your month altogether. It was all so apt for you. Okay, So Monday, the fifth of September is International be Late for Something Day. Oh yeah, you've been celebrating all year round. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that's the three hundred and sixty five day celebration for me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like that, yes exactly. And so people can celebrate International be Late for Something Day by taking some time for yourself and allowing yourself to be late for something, but you have to make sure that it's not something detrimental. If you see a small shop on your way to your destination that catches your fancy, pop in and see what they have and make no apology for it, that's the vibe.
Speaker 1: So it's like go slow day, Yes, smell the roses.
Speaker 2: Yes, it sounds like a bit of a mental health day. But also what made me think of you is the fact that it's cheese pizza Day. When don we on Monday get out just Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I'll have to celebrate, I'll have to.
Speaker 2: You're better. But also, while I do appreciate pizza with all the bells and whistles, a good cheese pizza really does hit the clip sometimes.
Speaker 1: Oh, I completely agree. I mean, just like it makes me scratch my clip to be honest when I think about the best National Cheese pizza.
Speaker 2: But this is where it gets weird. The month of September is also Kiari Malformation Awareness months.
Speaker 1: It is I did know that.
Speaker 2: Yes, well there you go, go on make us aware.
Speaker 1: All right? Oh my god, look at you. Kiarum malformation is the brain condition that I that I suffer from that gives me severe mygrain, severe memory loss, brain fog, many other things. Kiarum malformation affects very few people. It's where the there's sarahbellum, which is the base of the brain. Here I'm pointing it. Don't fall asleep, Mitchell, at the back of the brain falls into the spinal canal. Essentially, my brain is being crushed by my spinal cord and I have to get brain surgery at some point in my life to directify it. But at the moment, I'm pushing through. And yeah, the month of September. Because I get dms from the Kiari Facebook group that I'm in, They go, Hi, mich we'd love if you could bring awareness to Kiari on your radio show.
Speaker 2: Oh God, they want you to be the poster boy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Kiari dot com dottor. He wants me to be the face of the brain. I said, I'm not going to do it. Guys. Sorry, no, I'm not into it. I don't want to be the face of a brain illness where the brain is being crushed by the spinal cord. There's nothing glamorous about that.
Speaker 2: There's also nothing shameful about that.
Speaker 1: No, I know, but I just don't think I want to be the face of it. Maybe one day down the track, when I've got the mental capacity to go out there in campaign. You know what I actually have thought. If you know, when they do like those reality shows where they get you know, public figures on and they all represent a charity. My charity would be Kiari Malformation, and that's when I would support them.
Speaker 2: But not now that makes sense. There could be coining it for you though, because an ambassadorship is not an unpaid role.
Speaker 1: You're kidding me?
Speaker 2: Really, I never kid where do I sign?
Speaker 1: I didn't think I was making money. I thought I had to do appearances and you know, hug all the children with Kiari, and I didn't realize you got paid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you'd invoice them your appearance for me afterwards, Dirk get out.
Speaker 1: Oh that I'm solid.
Speaker 2: I'm gone, see God, I'm a good friend. And also it happens to be friendship months.
Speaker 1: Oh perfect for us. In September, what a big month.
Speaker 2: And it's also Happy Cat Month. What a shame, I've got a bitch on my hand.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: On my birthday on the thirtieth, it is International Ask a Stupid Question Day. It's also Save the Koala Day and National Extra Virgin Olive Oil Day on my birthday.
Speaker 2: So you know, what the fuck does that mean? Extra Virgin Olive Oil Day.
Speaker 1: It says, you know, treat yourself and go to an olive oil tasting try a few kinds, or go out of your comfort zone and get a deeper, darker extra virgin olive oil. What does that even mean?
Speaker 2: Well, that's the other thing I mentioned before when we were talking about pepper. That's the other thing that I just have to add in fucking droves to every recipe. All the steps are like with a tablespoon of olive oil and then season with salt and pepper. Now I've got enough olive oil in my life. I think I've got too much of anything.
Speaker 1: I go through so much olive oil and I don't know what it is, but it might be discrimination. But I would not touch vegetable oil with a ten foot pile. That shit's disgusting.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really have a taste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but like the fact that's vegetable oil, like like the olive oil tang, you know. And I for one, will be celebrating on September.
Speaker 2: Thirty, National Carousel Day. What the fuck? Hot fudge, Sunday Day, thread the needle Day. This is all my birthday, Wine and Cheese Day, Okay. Picnic month, picnic mut Why does picnics get a whole month bank account bonus month?
Speaker 1: Oh? Always weird? Oh old Mitchell. Oh yeah, it's National horse Radish Month.
Speaker 2: Oh yuck. They are pierotrod.
Speaker 1: I actually have horse radish on this sandwich. True story. Yuck. Why I love it? I love horse radish. I'm Dutch, you know, I'm a Dutch blood.
Speaker 2: I had horse radish in a smoothie once. I've never forgotten it. It was horrible.
Speaker 1: Smoothie, Mitchell. It's savory. You don't put it in smoothies.
Speaker 2: I know. I was doing like a smoothie challenge different recipe every day, and I've done them all in order, and I got to that one. I'm like, well, I can't skip one. I'm doing a challenge, and I fucking it was rancid.
Speaker 1: It's hot, it's like mustard.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: I'm aware anyway, Oh, I forgot. We should have been celebrating. It's a National Cell Phone Courtesy Month.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: We all know the situation being subjected to someone else's conversation while in a public space speaking on a cell phone makes some of us forget our manners. Celebrate National Cell Phone Courtesy Day by following these tips.
Speaker 2: No, I would never do that.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I've always haard this weird thing where I just hate being evestopped on, like when I'm making a phone call. Even sometimes I leave the apartment if Jordan's home, because I'm like, even though I know he's not actively eavesdropping and he's got his own business to deal with, I'm just like, I'll go for a walk and make this phone call. I don't know why. It's always been a weird thing of mine.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. I'm not a complete opposite. I couldn't care less. I try to get like one hundred things done at once. So I've got my phone wedged under my ear, like against my shoulder, and I'm talking in the middle of the grocery store.
Speaker 2: I fucking hate people like you, those people in a really quiet office that just go hall like, I'm good, buddy, how are you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah to me, I can't believe all these all these days, to be honest.
Speaker 2: But do you know what I mean when I say that, it just feels like September is your month? All of those things were so perfect for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really does, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: We should look at your horoscope actually for the month ahead.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you get it up?
Speaker 2: Because I'm saying now at the start of a new month and the start of a new season, oh, this is going to be your month. I could be fucking way off.
Speaker 1: Hold on, so are you going to read my horoscope? Yeah? Hold on, yeah, I'm just going to get you some horoscope music.
Speaker 2: All right, then, apparently it's time for you to rest. You might be feeling more shy than usual and craving a private getaway with a lover.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, I most definitely am.
Speaker 2: As I said that you were yawning. So there you go. Maybe exhausted.
Speaker 1: I got a sandwich facing me that I can't even eat, and I need some time. I'm actually and I'm sick at the moment. That is perfect.
Speaker 2: Have a body of sandwich and I'll finish reading this. Okay, girl, Libras are famously stylish, but you might not be in the mood to show off or be flashy at this time. Mercury retrograde begins.
Speaker 1: What no we mess back? Ah?
Speaker 2: Fuck? Oh no, this is going to be a horrible month. No, I was wrong. I was wrong. Mercury retrograde begins on September nine. This may find you rethinking the decisions and discussions you've seen. Mercury retrograde ends on October two. Oh that's so long.
Speaker 1: It's a long and three weeks.
Speaker 2: You know how I feel about mercury retrograde. It fucks me up every time. During this time, things move more slowly than you usual. Mercury retrogade is famous for delays and misunderstandings, impacting technology schedules and day to day emotions.
Speaker 1: Fuck me, wait, but this was only my This is my personal mercury. You're not experiencing this right, it's just felibras.
Speaker 2: No, that'll that'll impact everyone. It was just giving you a heads up. I think that was more of a generic bit.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's devastating news.
Speaker 1: And during Kiari awareness months.
Speaker 2: How rude, how discombobulating. All right, I'm going to mine. Actually, where's my man?
Speaker 1: Check yours?
Speaker 2: LEO monthly. Where's the music?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, music's on.
Speaker 2: Back to reality, Leo. September is one of your most practical and productive months.
Speaker 1: Oh good.
Speaker 2: Avoid signing contracts if you can, and triple check the fine print. While you're at it. Your love life will see you torn between keeping things loose or making it official. Wow, well that's Apple trama, no comment. Keep drama to a minimum by being authentic about where you're at instead of trying to be cool when something is actually bothering you, or by going along to get along.
Speaker 1: That's you anyway, to be honest.
Speaker 2: That's never been a problem for me. Yeah, wow, okay, interesting?
Speaker 1: Is it officially?
Speaker 2: Stop it?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Sorry? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Anyway, moving on.
Speaker 1: If you want your horoscopes read on the show, give us advice. Imagine if we just became a podcast where we exclusively read people's horoscopes we don't even know, just listeners.
Speaker 2: No, we are not becoming that person. I'm not the psychic Mitchell Komb.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: The rude shocks of young adults food?
Speaker 2: Anyway, I think we're done with this. That starked. I didn't like that segment. We won't be bringing back Sense of Day, But what can you do? I'm sick, I'm trying d I.
Speaker 1: Think Sense of Day needs to come back every week. No, god plaps, it can be a twelve monthly thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, Speaking of which, before we get out of here, isn't it almost time for our annual Moderator gay?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh my god? Yeah, true, it's almost the end of the year. Yeah, I think it is.
Speaker 2: What's going to happen because I remember I was working from home when we did Moderator games last time during Lockdown, and I came back to the studio for your birthday, So it'd have to be close.
Speaker 1: Which is the end of the month. All right? Do you think we should officially as of this week open up applications for the Moderator game?
Speaker 2: I don't know you ran this last time. What do we do? We have to sack our current moderators.
Speaker 1: Let's sound the horn. Hold on, there we go the official Moderator games about Game on Moles, Game on Bitches. So the Moderator games if you knew here, because we've got a whole bunch of new listeners since we did this year ago. Our Facebook group Endurant Idiots. If you're not part of it, I mean, you're only getting half the show. Really, if you're not listening on Endurant Idiots. We need moderators because Mitch and I are very, very wealthy and busy, so we can't moderate our own Facebook group. So we have moderators.
Speaker 2: And there's so much filth in there.
Speaker 1: It actually is disgusting some of the shit that gets supposed in there. I love you all, but you know, clean your act up please. Our moderators essentially moderate the group. It's a completely unpaid role, but there is a prize in it for you, and yeah.
Speaker 2: People compete for that role. It's really weird. We put them through rigorous tasks that to book guests for the show and do all this sufferers in order to earn an unpaid job. It was very bizarre, but it worked. And so what do we have to do? Are we're gonna pit other people up against our current moderators.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, Mitch, I actually think the more the merrier. I think if you become a moderator, it's like the US Supreme Court, you have a job for life, if you're inducted into the Hall of Fame. I don't think there's a bad thing having more more moderators than less. It's just more eyeballs to watch out for the terrible posts.
Speaker 2: Well, then what's the point of doing it? Then if there's no competition element?
Speaker 1: Oh no, this competition we only take in two a year. We only taking two people a year to the moderator role because then the moderators can go get lunch every year and they can work out a roster. Of course, I will will really push home. It's not a paid role, but they can work out times and hours and you know, no.
Speaker 2: I think it should be like a school captain. You know, you can't just keep the captains. You've done your year in our fuck off?
Speaker 1: Okay, can current moderators apply again or do they have to wait one year to cool off?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, they can apply, but they have to try really fucking hard in the games to win okay, I agree. All right, Officially, if you're a moderator, your time is nine. We're officially opening applications for the moderator games. It is a quiz, I will say, it's a pop quiz. It's on an episode. You come on the show live and it is the best. It's the person who gets the most answers in the quiz and we take two moderators out of it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think there was two rounds last time. It was like we narrowed down to the top two with the quiz and then the next thing with a task that to book a guest.
Speaker 1: Yes, when we had that weird heavy metal person, that was terrifying. But I think you had a Simone from Drag Race down Under. Yeah, that was Callum. He did very well. All right, if you want to apply to be our moderator, slide into the DMS at couple of inches. Let us know and we will get the ball rolling.
Speaker 2: One of you moderators manages to book Dido. You've got the fucking job for life. Amen, Sis, you're gonna have Mitch Cheery's job if.
Speaker 1: They get Ditoh yeah, I'll retire. Yeah messages and we'll get you in for the Moderator games coming very soon, game on.
Speaker 2: Well, don't forget. We've also got our season four mugs for sales, so make sure you head to our instagram by if you want to add one of those bad boys to your collection.
Speaker 1: They're so gorgeous those mugs, aren't they.
Speaker 2: I do quite like them. They're my favorite so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got so someone sent me a message and they said, can I put it in the dishwasher? And we said this last time, Mitchell invested hundreds of dollars in this pen that is like liquid paint and if whatever you draw on will last forever, like hieroglyphics in Egypt. So I felt like.
Speaker 2: I was doing my own little backyard science over here. I would fucking sign and mugs with different texts, putting them in the wash to test which one was best. And I've narrowed it down the best text So even a signed one, it won't come off.
Speaker 1: It won't come off. You can dishwash it, baby, So go buy one link in bio of course, a couple of bitches on Instagram. Otherwise, thank you for listening. Leave us a five star review. We'd appreciate that, right one. If you haven't written one yet. If you love the show, and we will see you next week.
Speaker 2: Every right, we'll catch it then, or you can catch us for drag Race Debrief on Monday afternoon for Rupol drag Race down Under.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, getting me the finale too early? A couple more weeks left of that. We've only got a few weeks left and you can't wait. All right, guys, we'll see you next week. Thanks for listening. Everyone, get better soon, Mitchell, rest up? See you?
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: A podcast by a couple of mitches. Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast up.
Speaker 2: Welcome to add brief. This is our secret segment. On the end, we pretend the show is done, and then we keep chatting. Oh I need to sneeze, can you tell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mitch, I am. Because we're doing this from home, it's gone. I've got my new my new home setup, so I can. I can put different voice things on. So, because Jenna's not here, we might need female perspective.
Speaker 2: So because I sound so rustic, we might need this.
Speaker 4: It's a voice changer, so I sound like Jenna whatever.
Speaker 2: You sound like me normally.
Speaker 1: This is a bit Mikes.
Speaker 4: Your caves, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Hi, everyone, be a bit more boken about it.
Speaker 4: Oh my cat, No, No, what if I deepen my voice, I could be.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: Oh that is creepy. I reckon. If you spoke normally, i'd be able to like that doesn't disguise your voice much. I will make it anonymous. I'd still recognize you.
Speaker 1: I reckon, Really, this is you? Know that it's me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk normally like you're like forward announcing the podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, hi everyone, welcome to the show coming on today. This is just you so we.
Speaker 2: Actually, no, that doesn't sound like you. You're right, turn it off. It's annoying. Sorry, oh god, it's not fun.
Speaker 1: Mitchell's face.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be one of those A to D brief says that where you're just playing sound effects at me.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't make it bring the vibe down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no that I think that was quite a shit episode on our part. But we're sick. So what can you do? You know, at least here we could have just done no episode. Yeah, I love how me I'm getting defensive when no one said anything, I'm like yelling being grateful.
Speaker 1: Also, we give you free, great quality episodes every week, so this we were allowed to have one sick episode. Guys, we almost didn't do one, so this is a we could have. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was going to say I lost my voice, but then I'm like, no, it's coming back. It's it's good enough to actually have a conversation now.
Speaker 1: So it truly is like I mean the pit. A lot of people have this as well. I got this from Laura Burne, who I do a radio show with, and she.
Speaker 2: And I got it from. Yeah, you didn't fucking dettol White the studio after she was there, did you? Because that's that's where I got sick. I got sick after recording with you last week. There's did some serious hygiene issues in that studio.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. You know I got sent SCons by farmer wants a wife to eat and talk about on my radio show and kind of ate them and they were mine?
Speaker 2: Did he?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And that really upset me because scones are my favorite food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how good is SCons? They're really easy to make too. I might make some scones.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you want a little scon hack lemonade SCons? Let me give you some. Let me give you some scon hack music scones. Only you can see Mitchell's phase. Everybody, Oh wow, this isn't really scones. This is more carbonara. If you are a bit lazy, you can just add lemonade to the scone mix.
Speaker 2: I said that before you even played the music. You said you want to know what's gone hack, and I said lemonade? So all about Yes, I had the information, darling.
Speaker 1: How sad? Yeah, my Nn told me that you put lemonade. And I remember once we were cooking them and she put lucas Aid in and she goes, it's basically the same thing, and they taste it awful. It wasn't the same thing, Lucas aid. It's like a hydral It's fizzy hydra light drink. It's like a power ray with fizzy in it. I used to have it when I had sick days. Lucas aid. It was so yummy.
Speaker 2: I've never even heard of that.
Speaker 1: You're kidding, lucasaid, is the tiss It's like original Baraka?
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? I can get a scone on Ubery. I'm really graving him now.
Speaker 1: Fuck, I could make some Well that's not helpful. I'm going to go on Uberas and check.
Speaker 2: I'm typing in scone. It's ubery Baker's Delight.
Speaker 1: Fuck off? Maybe, Oh, can you send me some?
Speaker 2: You can get your own, bitch.
Speaker 1: Can we put it on a kideo because we're recording?
Speaker 2: Oh no?
Speaker 3: What uh?
Speaker 1: What's wrong?
Speaker 2: The scones are full of shit? I just want a normal scone with jam. It's full of like raisins and all that. Fuck you Baker's Delight.
Speaker 1: I'm on Baker's Delight in my area too. Oh Baker's that's a little oh a bit of bread with a little sausage in it. That's horrific.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, A berry and white chocolate scone. I'll settle for that.
Speaker 1: They're really good. They're my net's favorites. Oh, you're right, scon Why don't they have original scones? That seems like blasphemy.
Speaker 2: That's fucking stupid.
Speaker 1: I mitch on my one. If you click berry, if you click the four pack, you can choose original. Oh don't really need four though, I've got original chokmud berry and white chok or date or I do like a date scon I'm going to order them. Holy shit, are we both ordering four packs of scones to our houses that we live in separately?
Speaker 2: I give myself permission to comfort eat when I'm a little bit ill.
Speaker 1: Wait, do you have cream jam? Because they're not the same without it?
Speaker 2: Oh, I assume that was one of the options.
Speaker 1: Now Baker's Delight aren't going to include the condiments.
Speaker 2: Dogs, honestly, dogs. Maybe I should go all out and get a.
Speaker 1: Six pack chemist to you have skun?
Speaker 2: No? No, my local one doesn't even have the other options. That just has berry and white chocolate or dates.
Speaker 1: What's the point?
Speaker 2: I'd rather be dead.
Speaker 1: Also, if you're gonna do it, you're gonna want to have clotted cream and everything. So I reckon, I reckon leave it. Also, I have an olive mortadella horseradish and provolon and cheese sub here, which is absolutely heavenly of what? Sorry, a whole olive on this?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 1: Who's said that it's a whole olive?
Speaker 2: I actually can't see it because I've I've minimized you. I'm getting miss gone. Did you think I was kidding about that?
Speaker 1: Did you order?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is that for?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Just too. I haven't had lunch or anything, so I'm a growing boy. How much was delivery I paid for Priority?
Speaker 1: Last week? Our episode was unhinged this week. We're not putting in any effort.
Speaker 2: I don't remember our episode being chaotic last week. I always just assume, no, oh, do you know what happened last week? Actually, I'll share this with the idiots. I had to say to Mitch after the episode. I was like, can we try and ensure that we don't record episodes after I've just been to therapy because I just get emotionally drained. And I think that's why I was so short tempered with you last week. You were mad at me when I was like, oh, stop fucking fibbing lying. Not that I ever find that funny, but I was just particularly testy every time I leave therapy, I'm emotionally drained.
Speaker 1: You were very upset with me last week.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't upset. I was quite nice about it. Actually, I said, by the way, can we not after Patrick? And you were like, oh yeah, fine.
Speaker 1: Oh I mean that, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, no, No, we sawt of that easily.
Speaker 2: There you go again, fucking embellishing. He was very upset last week. I really wasn't. I'm pretty upset now that I got sick from being there, though, I.
Speaker 1: Can't fucking believe oh, I'm ordering the play, but I don't know. Can I come to your house and get some jam?
Speaker 2: I don't have JAM.
Speaker 1: I wonder if Hayden's out there and he can check for jam.
Speaker 2: You know what I've noticed about going to therapy appointments. Every time I'm sitting there in the waiting room, Patrick comes out of his office and there's a big hallway and he's like Mitchell, and I'm like, yep, I'm next. I get up, and as I'm walking down the hallway, he just makes more talk and goes, so, how are you? And I'm like, that's a very fucking loaded question to ask me when I'm on my way to a therapy appointment and I'm not in the room yet. Imagine if someone just started crying in the fucking hallway because he asked how are you? I actually told him that and he goes. I think most people when they they say yeah good, they come in and sit down and go. Now. This is how I'm actually feeling.
Speaker 1: Sorry. He didn't bore me. I just had a big yawn.
Speaker 2: You haven't said anything back to what I've said, Yeah, nothing to say, oh good. It was a real conversation. Cold a sack from me, wasn't it? Sorry about that conversation, cold a sack. I'm not killing it in this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not feeling it either, But that's all right. We've done one hundred and eighteen episodes where we fell. We can do one where we don't feel it.
Speaker 2: Do you know What's fabulous? And I'm very smug about this. I've never had a day off this show, Yeah, any of my podcasts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. Why are you smug about it?
Speaker 2: Because I don't know. I feel like I have a streak to keep up now, Like I can't possibly have anyone feeling for me because that'll be my first ever sick day from not my cup of tea, snitty committee, trat Ali. Is it just me? I've never had a day off or anyone feel in for me.
Speaker 1: I think you need to realize that no one else cares about that other than you. You can take a sick day and you can look after yourself.
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm here on fine.
Speaker 1: To be fair, I'm actually glad it's you because if if we got a guest host, I would have had to put effort in.
Speaker 2: Where if it's just Mitchell, fuck him. You've had two days off from this show. Now you've had Abby Chatfield feel in for you and all right, hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know rightly.
Speaker 2: So I say, did I tell you that some people guessed? I put a thing on Instagram saying who's going to be the new Mitchell on trash and a lot of people guessed you.
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like as if he would do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I probably I don't have the time to do it, but that's weird. Why would you leave a podcast?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even know what to say to that.
Speaker 2: I don't know the Mitches that it's interchangeable.
Speaker 1: We're definitely not. We offer very different things now.
Speaker 2: I offer looks, smarts, laughs, What do I offer?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Morale?
Speaker 1: Shut up morale.
Speaker 2: You've always been told you're good for morale. You're not doing much for mine. Today is quiet live, that's all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, another a year. My morales at all time low as well. But I don't mind.
Speaker 2: Oh why is your morale so late? Because he didn't get any scones?
Speaker 1: Because I'm sick and I've got a sandwich in front of me that I can't eat now. The Artissy and Bakehouse, which is just around the corner from me, offer one get this. Tell me if you think this is this is just me on the fly, or is this over priced? Nineteen dollars for one scone with jam and cream.
Speaker 2: It'd want to be a pretty fucking hectic scone.
Speaker 1: They've got a stock photo of it, which always worries me because I hate that's actually another region on the fly when restaurants have stock images. No, thank you, I want real picks of that food.
Speaker 2: You should bring in that really exy scon and we see if it's worth it.
Speaker 1: Now the wait time is between one to seventy one, one hour to seventy minutes.
Speaker 2: Ah fuck my entire life. Amosh is on a bicycle.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, it's Rosalin. Huh, it's Rose. I'm interviewing Rosaline in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Ah right, okay, well, are you just gonna do it? Or he asking me to leave?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, we have fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, Amosh is on his bike, and so you better fucking hurry up because it says he's fifteen minutes the way too.
Speaker 1: Ideed a message you and just go on your bike.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you know what phrase I hate the mums always used, get your skates on?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a real mum phrase.
Speaker 2: Hey, what the fuck, just get a riggle on me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: True, my dad always uses spunk. He goes, God, she's spunky and like a dad. That makes me think of a cumshot.
Speaker 2: I would never have thought of that. It's a nice word. You're spunk.
Speaker 1: You spunk.
Speaker 2: It's so trash, it is so bad. Yeah. So, speaking of get a rigg along. At the therapy appointments the other day, he was like, oh, you like as a kid, and I was like, oh, fuck, hated life basically, you know, I hated school friends were a bit nasty and toxic and whatever. And he was like, what about like in terms of being disciplined and stuff, And I said no, Dad was always literally dragging me out of bed fifteen minutes before I needed to be on the bus because I was always running late, just had no motivation whatever. And he goes, sounds like you had undiagnosed depression and ADHD even as a child. And I was like, oh good, oh god, that's just great. That just really shifts my perspective of all of my childhood mentry.
Speaker 1: Truly, thanks a lot for that. Yes, adding trauma to the one part of my life that actually has no.
Speaker 2: Trauma, undiagnosed ADHD that goes without saying, but the undiagnosed depression bit. I was like, Oh, that's fucking grim to think about it, isn't that.
Speaker 1: Why does that person get off telling you that?
Speaker 2: Well, I am paying him for that, so you know that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we should also say that this episode is coming out on Father's Day. Shit, we didn't do anything for our fathers.
Speaker 2: I just it just didn't click because, like I always think of it as the new episode every Monday, so I think because most people listen on a Monday, but obviously we've got the early bird release on a Sunday night for people on Instagram Live because I always think, yep, Monday is the day it drops. But fuck, it didn't occur to me that Father's Day was happening.
Speaker 1: How can we reflect.
Speaker 2: In our sense of day that would have been a good sense of day.
Speaker 1: Hold on, we just went through a fucking page about national celebrations on this day, and we spoke about Olive Oil Day for thirty minutes. Yet the page neglected to tell us that on the day of the episode drops is Father's Day.
Speaker 2: No again, because I was looking at it on Monday because I was going off the official.
Speaker 1: Let me look and see because maybe it's you.
Speaker 2: We just drop it early on a Sunday night for anyone who wants to listen that, yeah, Monday is the day that we, you know, advertise that the episodes out.
Speaker 1: Father's Day doesn't even come up. It's Sepsis Awareness month.
Speaker 2: Father's Day must be a big deal in your fucking household because you love a family?
Speaker 1: Do National Chicken Month? What the fuck? Yeah? We love we love Father's Day. Oh, hanging with dad there, We do love a holiday. We just love to celebrate, you know, each other. There's so much love in the cheery household.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It was cute when I met your dad a few weeks ago and he kept referring to your boyfriend is h.
Speaker 1: He does refer to Hayden his age. It's quite sweet.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, Mitch and H And I'm like, oh, right, are you h them over for dinner?
Speaker 1: Eh?
Speaker 2: I've ate enough of this conversation. I H Radio. Listen to this podcast on the IH radio app or wherever you get your podcast. Listen to your eight content H is No, We're not doing this, are we? Oh? We're that delirious. I've got an H. Oh No, we've got the dumbest sense of H.
Speaker 1: We seriously do we're both going to H.
Speaker 2: You know what I found weird though, that he says H. I'm doing the right thing and saying eight. But your dad was actually calling Hayden H.
Speaker 1: Did you say H r H?
Speaker 2: He was saying H. And I'm thinking, Mark, I don't want to correct you, but yeah, man, don't correct him.
Speaker 1: He's giving my part. Man. No one calls him. No one called Hayden H. And then dad started it, and now even Hayden's mum calls him H. Whenever she messages me, she's like, oh, are you and H coming over today? And I how is it caught on? It's such a boring name. It's quite endearing, though.
Speaker 2: I actually like people just use the first letter of the first name. We've been robbed like it's a bit boring. You can't just call us M. Imagine if people with the name M actually just spelt it M, like M Russiano with M. Like sometimes you call Jenna J and I find that cute. You called del to gudrum D, which is raunchy. But anyway, and so we don't have that with m No, we don't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't. I don't think it sounds good because I think j could be j Y, like a man's name, like it actually also is a name like ms E m oh, So that negates my point.
Speaker 2: Actually, I just love confidently calling people the wrong name, like when you call a Genevieve and I've started calling Tim my trash. Ali replaced him and I call him Timberly.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I hope that catches on.
Speaker 1: I'll love a nickname. I'm all for nicknames.
Speaker 2: Genevieve, we don't even have a name that makes up a full thing, a full word, like you can't do much with Mitch Mitchella.
Speaker 1: I used to be called Mitchella. All the girls in high school that I went with that I thought I was in love with, would call me Mitchella.
Speaker 2: What instanment do you play in the orchestra?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I play in Mitchello.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite pastor the local Italian? Oh? Mitchellinie. You know all week there's just been and Mitch that I can't scratch. Son of a Mitch. Mitch rhymes with a lot Mitch, Glitch, Ditch Sitch hitch Witch Mitching Hour. Oh my god, it's the Mitching Hour.
Speaker 2: My pronouns are h h shut up. Okay, So Amosh is h my way with my scone.
Speaker 1: And my interview with this girl this next. I think this is our worst ever episode.
Speaker 2: You're probably right. I'm not even gonna ask for five star reviews today because I know we don't deserve it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just don't send us a review because I'd rather if you wanted to put a four or three, don't because that is not nice and that doesn't help us at all. So just withhold reviewing for this episode with h with Haghe Mitch and I both did the show from Hage today.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what is that? What is that animal over there? Is that a rhinosteris? Oh no, that's an h got it? Hippopotamas.
Speaker 1: It's almost like a mind game. This is good for dementia patients. I might walk into the local nursing home and do this with the oldies.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can just walk into nursing homes like that though.
Speaker 1: It's like, what are you doing here? Yeah? And they say nan like everyone in that building is a nan. But they just say it as if like the only the only one there is mine Nan, all right, I say we wrap things up.
Speaker 2: Oh you're really gonna not have the scone reveal? Oh where is he five minutes away?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah we can. We can do scone reveal.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's on even terrain, so it shouldn't take long. It's not like he's going uphill. Sorry, I'm really hate Oh you eating your sandwich? Yeah, this really is the give up episode because we're both sick and we're just like whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I guess I just watched this week and I'm so hooked. What the staircase? Have you seen it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: My god, I've just started watching it. It's like a five year old documentary. It's about that woman who was found dead at the bottom of a staircase and she was like horrifically maimed and her head had like seven lacerations. There was pools of blood. She was dead at the end of her stair I don't want to watch it that, you know. And the rumor is, well, the theories that her husband pushed her, but he claims he's innocent. He claims he didn't do it, and it's the mystery of who did it. That's so.
Speaker 2: Is it a real life story?
Speaker 1: Yes? Wow, but they've just done it.
Speaker 2: I've just been too busy watching the real h of Melbourne.
Speaker 1: That sounds good. What streaming service is that on? Oh it's on? Ah? What is the what is it called? Hate you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hang on, I'm ails. She's making good time. It's only two minutes away. Jordan's gonna have to go down and get it. How was it going to happen here? Because how did you get up to your house?
Speaker 2: Jordan's gonna have to go down. I'm broadcasting, oh with right at the front. Shit. You know Uber does that thing where it just like refreshes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they spawn in front of your house.
Speaker 2: Did you even order us Gone? No?
Speaker 1: I didn't order it was too late.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. This all came about because you were sad you didn't get us Gone, and you're still not getting on.
Speaker 1: I am craving one, but I don't have jam and cream. I might just google scone.
Speaker 2: And see if you have the ingredients, but they still no jam and cream.
Speaker 1: I don't have jam and I don't have cream.
Speaker 2: I love jam, I just don't like jam when it gets sticky on the outside of the jar.
Speaker 1: There's nothing good about that. Oh be high, but tisserie. What are they doing? Be high for tissary katash? I do like a katash b h Oh the bars and hang on. I'll be back. Guys listening. Michure might cut this, but that was the best sandwich I've ever had. God, I'm a fatty and this like I just could eat anything. Did you get it?
Speaker 2: Jordan's going to get it. I just had to tell the guy to leave it out the front.
Speaker 1: I always said that, I go just put it at the glass doors.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I heard the door open Jordan's back. Now that might gone.
Speaker 1: But it's just going to be a dry scone mature. It's not going to be good.
Speaker 2: Oh because I got the They look dense. That's nice. A white chocolate and blueberry one.
Speaker 1: Oh, you put butter on that and that'll be heaven.
Speaker 2: Should microwave it to just give a quick bite while I'm here, give a little taster. Oh look, that's gorgeous. That's fucking gorgeous. I feel bad rubbing it in now that once again everyone has scones except you. That's all I want, Not a scone chat today is scorn. Oh m, that looks Heavenly, that's not a fucking s gun. What do you mean the fuck? What do you mean he's so disgruntled? What that's just like a bread roll, a bread roll that you take to the park with a barbecue chalk picnic.
Speaker 1: What do you mean it's a bread roll.
Speaker 2: It's gone about that.
Speaker 1: It's got blueberries in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the actual you know, cake itself, the actual carb that's just brand I swear I.
Speaker 1: Can see it. That is very white.
Speaker 3: That is not.
Speaker 2: Scone fucking dogs and it's ban on the bottom. It's bullshit.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just order some bubble tea. That's all I can order.
Speaker 2: That is like the furthest from a scon Like, there's nowhere. There's gotta be some middle ground.
Speaker 1: I can get scones, but they don't have jam and cream.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm eating with my mouthful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine. Probably time to wrap the episode.
Speaker 2: Don't you think that might be a good idea?
Speaker 1: I think so. Think you're listening everyone, Truly.
Speaker 2: The episode was shit. The scones were shit.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you've just in the darkest days, need to support the podcast host. Soon need at the marsh. You know, Oh my god, something happened to me this week. Sorry to add this one before we go. You know that little rat Haspulla, that like little tiny, tiny person who's famous on TikTok. They're a small person and they're Russian Muslim, I believe. Oh yes, yes, Haspula, and they're very big in the straight community. Not my kind of humor. I doubt it's your kind of humor. And it's a I think they're nineteen.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not really across that.
Speaker 1: No, it's not funny to me. No, Like they are a small person. They're very very tiny, probably would come up to my knee. They're nineteen, and they sound like a baby like they got a little high pitched voice. Quite cute. Anyway, they came to Arn to record something with Kyle and Jackie. Oh, let me get this internal email that goes I didn't get it because I work nights, but I was told about it. Hill Haspulah internet sensation from Russia is coming to record with Kyle and JACKIEO. His stipulations are as follows, So please you know act accordingly. A. No homosexuals to be near him, sweet day off work. B no women are to be near him. See no women that are currently menstruating are to be in the building, like the little prick could smell it, or something like he's a great white shark. What the fuck can you believe that? That's ridicul Hits, don't bring that bullshit into this country. You a little fucking twig. I'll kick you off the harbor bridge if I had the chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't understand if he's so popular, are people laughing at him or with him?
Speaker 1: That's the thing I think it's with to be honest, he's very aggressive. He's like a little boxer. Yeah. I wanted to you know what I wanted to do. I wanted to push him over and all I had. All I would need to do is coff near the kid, and he would have fallen face first into the carpet and got carpet burn on his little head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could fully just put him in your pocket. He's quite small. But that's really weird that the company would ask people to comply with such a demand. That's odd. That doesn't sit right with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I completely agree.
Speaker 2: You know, like, imagine some poor bitch on her rags being like, right, I guess I've got an extended lunch break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you hear that segment, right, Jackie is not in the segment, and nor is Brooklyn Ross, the gay newsreader Brooklyn's game and the girl, Yeah, and the girl. Can you believe that? Like that? That is ridiculous to me? Okaic Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder what his reasons are. Maybe he's just got suppressed urger and he can't be trusted around a gay man.
Speaker 1: He's also not a key like. I don't feel bad saying this about him. He's nineteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't care.
Speaker 1: He just looks like a little football. I just want to absolutely punt him off a building.
Speaker 2: Oh so you won't be getting him on this podcast. Imagine if we told him we were straight.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's shit himself.
Speaker 2: And then we got him, we got him on the podcast, and then we broke it to him or actually gay, and he just started belting the absolute fuck out of it.
Speaker 1: All I need to do is flick him like he's a fucking at this beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone of your height and overall size. Yeah, No, you're right, he wouldn't see it a chance.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go. I got that off my chest with his name again, h h um. And now h's were allowed near him? Um, all right, guys, thank you for listening to this show. Thanks for sticking bias in our darkest of days. We'll be back better next week. Hopefully white roll that Mitch's eating will absorb all the sickness and that's gone. That is a lot of white that does just look like bread.
Speaker 2: It seriously is. It's very disappointing. But anyway, what can you do? What can you do? We hope this podcast, again all odds, made you feel at least two percent better today. That's all. So we do, so we do, and we will catch you next week and hopefully we're back in full health and the swing of things.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening, guys, Mitch, I hope you feel better.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah you too, Darland.
Speaker 1: Happy National Kiari malformation a whare awareness month. Everyone go and google it and inform yourself. It's a big condition.
Speaker 2: Happy be late for something Day if you're listening on Monday, and all.
Speaker 1: The Italians out there, Happy olive oil Day for next Tuesday.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's next Tuesday. Isn't it your birthday?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 2: All right then bye?
Speaker 1: So is it just me? A podcast by a couple of miches. Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast suff