Speaker 1: iHeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything Good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey this is Christian here. Thank you very much for checking out today's show. Now, if you listen to our show, you're already one of us. But why don't we take it a step further? I invite you to join our exclusive bright Siders Platinum Club. You might have noticed I'll started calling the show the bright side of the Dial. It's our way of letting you know what are shows about, what we stand for, and the bright Side is Platinum Club is our very own inner circle. So come and join us. What do you get when you join the bright Side is Platinum Club. You get your own membership card. You can also get access to our private inner circle. It's a private Facebook group. In there are first alert early ideas before they become anything on the show, which means you can outshape the show and also say no before something becomes a bad idea on the show. You get the time wasters the day before when Rie and I come up with the ideas of the time wasters, you'll hear them before anybody else.
Speaker 1: Also, every Friday, dropping.
Speaker 2: Into your inbox a unique private message from me to all the bright Siders, only the bright Siders, not for on air. So if you want to join us, the only thing I need you to do is text the word bright Ciders to oh four seven five three one oh four three. I look forward to seeing you in there and now enjoy today's show.
Speaker 4: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, It's a Christian O'Connell's show for Chemist Warehouse. We're asking for your stories. What is your weakest claim to fame? Where no claim to fame is two week no business.
Speaker 5: Like show business. My aunt's ex husband cousin was Sindey Cowford's bridesmaid.
Speaker 4: My husband had shoulder surgery. Peace surgeon was the father of Australian Tenner's player James Dackworth.
Speaker 1: I worked for a surgeon and we had Carline Menogu's dog's ashes.
Speaker 4: In the clinic. Christian O'Connell's weakest clinto.
Speaker 2: Fame from Jane Christian and my sisters bought our first ever car from Victoria Beckham's makeup artist.
Speaker 1: Ah wow, are you listening?
Speaker 2: Tomz Inside track Marie Luise I love like you put the name here, like you could have made up anything. In about nineteen ninety six, it was an Napy blue reno cleo Wow, Wow Wow. It looked good Christian, but it was a polo chunk and it kept breaking down and thinking of adding it to my Instagram stories building the case against VB.
Speaker 1: Jay, Come on, don't join the pylon, poor VB. What's wrong with them?
Speaker 2: And a few too many shard knees and grinding on your son on his wedding day.
Speaker 5: We've all been there.
Speaker 1: We've been there.
Speaker 2: We've all been there, Amanda claim to fame, My daughter Lara had some Instagram posts about their lights by Ryan Roxy.
Speaker 5: Why don't see Ryan?
Speaker 1: Of course you do. It's Adice Cooper's guitarist. It doesn't get any bigger. Of course, you Christian.
Speaker 2: My weakest claim to fame is that I fed mister Percival at in South Australia. Mister Percival was a Pelican in the movie Boy. Yes, I'm sorry, but this is bigger. This just shoves be VB off. Yes, you've got a story about mister Percival from Stormboy.
Speaker 1: Why did we put this one?
Speaker 2: At the end, Producers rio you got a weakest claim to fame involving the great.
Speaker 6: Rove Yes back in the early two thousand's Rove Live, biggest show in the country Sunday Night and its best feature, iconic feature flick your switch, where the camera would pan to a random street in Australia, and I.
Speaker 1: Love the fact that.
Speaker 2: Bless you your little child. You work in the industry, you know it's random? Was it just random?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 1: You know this stuff's made random? Yeah? Yeah, looking forward to Santa again Christmas? Oh, bless you little boy? Right? Random? What the odds? What are the odds?
Speaker 6: And then the camera would pan to a street in Australia and then you'd flick your switch. If you were watching and our house was on one of the streets that it panned to, I jumped up from the telly and I flicked our switch.
Speaker 1: That would have been really exciting.
Speaker 5: So what's really exciting? It was like you got to get more famous than being.
Speaker 2: On row Alright, what is your weakest claim to fame? Lines were opened now thirteen fifty five twenty two. It's our number. You can also text it as easier your story four seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show, What is your weakest claim to Fame? And with us No claim to Fame is two week John Farnham's brother in Law's dog Groomers, Straight on Air, Straight on through. I love this one that is coming in Christian Weekers claim to fan. I used to play golf with a guy who was the driver of the truck. So our correspondent here is to play golf with the guy who drove the truck transporting Lady Diana's wedding dress. Oh and it was a massive dress along what's the word trail train train? Yeh train, It must have been what thirty forty five.
Speaker 7: It was enormous. It was huge.
Speaker 1: Literally was global news with the size of this train and.
Speaker 8: Set wedding dress design for the next about two decades.
Speaker 2: So this guy, you would have had to go to budget, you know, Van Rental's go and need the biggest one. He got made this bloody wedding dress he's got it was huge. Have not to try stand on that, you'll break it, you know, anitail. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Hi, Christian, loved the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Nita, and thanks for giving us a call as well giving the show a goo. All right, now, what's the story for us?
Speaker 9: My mother was a nurse for Slim Dusty back in the early two thousands when he had his shoulder done.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is a big claim to fame. That's nothing more. I can't icon it than Slim Dusty in this country.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, and the shoulder crucial.
Speaker 2: You can't strum a banjo until about a pub of no beer if you've got you know, scapular or dealt problems.
Speaker 5: That's Australia's shoulder now, rot caf.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the symptom was, Anita. Thank you very much for sharre and that have a good.
Speaker 1: Day you two.
Speaker 9: Christian Bye bye see ye.
Speaker 1: Have we got here? Zoey?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 2: I loove Zoey. Sorry, what's your story for us? All this to your weakest claim to fame.
Speaker 3: So my weakest claim to fame is that my second cousin was one of the Queen's shifts.
Speaker 1: That is big.
Speaker 2: So we've had two Farnum's two wars.
Speaker 1: You're right, actually so actually four royalty ones. This is great. One of her chefs, yeah, one of.
Speaker 9: Her chefts in Buckingham Palace.
Speaker 1: I know what a great gig. I mean, she must have hearn so many interesting stories.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he had a lot of interesting stories and it actually skyrocketed his career. Yeah, just really really good.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's It's a big flex on any resume, isn't it If you're applying for a chef's job, you know, an Ara Sella or parv and like one of the chefs to the Queen, it's obviously fussy Eta as well. You overburned that snag on the barber chef throw in his face.
Speaker 5: Did he say what her favorite meal was?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 9: I think because she had so many? Yeah, like I yeah, I don't think that he kind of knew what her favorite was because there were just so many.
Speaker 2: Now tell me this, there's different areas for chefs to specialize in.
Speaker 1: Was he a pastry chef.
Speaker 4: I don't think he was a pastry chef.
Speaker 9: I've kind of got a feeling he was more of a sous chef.
Speaker 1: She loves soue food. In the morning.
Speaker 2: She would always say, if I'm up, get the soux on, crank it. I love this And also any chef could say this because actually how do you know actually will look, he's a selfie meet with with with the Queen and another sue that I just made.
Speaker 10: Her for and she's given the old double thumbs up. All right, So thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 9: Have a good day, you two guys.
Speaker 4: Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it's a Christian O'Connell's show. Anyone else on this team can't stand for ironing.
Speaker 5: I hate it. It's the worst thing.
Speaker 2: It's one of the evils of modern life, isn't it. I just remembered, like one of the first ideas that adult life wasn't quite what I thought was gonna be a kid, was just having to iron in my life.
Speaker 1: Before I got into radio.
Speaker 2: I had a sales job and I just remember the bane of having to always iron shirts for work, and it's just been the worst part of the day every morning.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a job I wanted to do. And I'd have my mankey old.
Speaker 2: Ironing board and this tiny mankey flat that constantly got burgled in London where my girlfriend and I became my wife used to live, and just doing those shirts every morning, thinking this, it's like, you know, there's scenes in every musical where someone goes this can't be the life for me. I mean listening to the radio ironing my shirts, trying to work out how could I ever get into that box the radio to do what the guy was doing doing a breakfast show, rather than being at this ironing board, ironing flipping shirts.
Speaker 5: And ironing board.
Speaker 6: Technology has not improved in the same old plunky but.
Speaker 1: How could they improve what we're going to have ironing boards?
Speaker 6: You know what I hey is that the bit that scares me is when you put the legs up and then put them back, And I'm always worried about when you put them back back.
Speaker 7: Exactly.
Speaker 8: I only do school uniforms these days, I have to say, and drives me insane because there's several plates in like Audrey's summer.
Speaker 7: Dress, and in the summer dress is actually insane.
Speaker 8: Chris does all his own shirts. Yeah, oh absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 2: I still have to do once a week. I do on like a Sunday. And one of the things my mother in law taught me. She used to she used to come around to our house once a week and she loved daytime TV like a lot of old people who watch Alex and she used to she used to sit from the TV, and I didn't realize you can adjust the height of an ironing board. She would, so she would sit on the couch, lower it to be sort of knee high iron and watch TV for.
Speaker 1: About two hours.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it was the perfect system. She would do it, she would, she would do the einting. Alex, I tell you what you could do with Have you got an iron.
Speaker 1: By the way, Alex, I've got an iron.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want to use it, mate, Because those T shirts you wear often rio, how crumpled does Alex looks.
Speaker 6: It's almost like you deliberately crumple the T shirt. It's like you've got a T shirt.
Speaker 2: You're not like that on channel seven between one and three. You crumple for radio. You're freshly pressed.
Speaker 1: They pressed and ready. I don't iron T shirts. I don't see mates.
Speaker 11: I could tram for a hobo own my shirts. But only I'm the front part.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 7: I'm the slave, Alex.
Speaker 1: I've done that before, Alex.
Speaker 2: I do that sometimes if I need his shirt to go for dinner, I won't iron the back.
Speaker 1: And then when I get up to go to toilet, my wife, because you need to iron the back it looks terrible. Who was looking at my back? Exactly?
Speaker 11: And if you're wearing a jumper, what's the point of even ironing the shirt at all?
Speaker 7: You've got the shirt underneath same.
Speaker 8: If it's all lovely and pressed, doesn't it feel like we up against your skin?
Speaker 1: No, not at all. No, No, I tell you. One of the best things.
Speaker 2: You know, Sometimes you can buy stuff that actually actually does make a difference in your life. Like a slow cooker. You buy that, it makes a really big difference in your life. The other one is buying a couple of years ago a steamine.
Speaker 7: Yeah are.
Speaker 1: Of course they're all handheld, Butler, the ones that you do.
Speaker 2: My butler loves it, right.
Speaker 6: But you know there's like obviously your classic iron which you do on to press down. The other one that you hold up to it like a woman.
Speaker 2: They have those in fancy clothes shops, don't they where they're all just steaming TV.
Speaker 1: They have them as well. No, this is this is an iron, but it takes like five minutes to warm it up. It's a big thing. That isn't just an iron. It sits in something with a lot of water. Yeah, my god, guys.
Speaker 2: Get a steamine it sort of melts the shirt preaseless immediately.
Speaker 1: I wish I could put.
Speaker 2: It on my fone because it would it would take decades off.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break.
Speaker 4: We were back the Christian O'Connell's show podcast Christian O'Connell's Show.
Speaker 2: Every single week, when I go to sort out a video call with my mom back home in the UK, it's the same thing. Eighteen calls. Somehow, it hangs out when it's time for that Are you ready now? And then she hangs up, and then she calls me as I'm calling her. Then we both hang up. No one knows yet what the protocol is. If a call dies out, who calls back?
Speaker 1: You always do it? Someone chaneous. Then you both stop and no one calls each other.
Speaker 5: I'll let them do it.
Speaker 1: Then you go again.
Speaker 2: This takes about ten minutes, and then it always begins with my mom will go galloping off. Would like give me an update of what's gone on her house which people have never met or heard of. Are now very sick, very sick.
Speaker 1: That's all it is. It's the misery update for the.
Speaker 2: First ten minutes, Marie, I don't know mom, and I'm unlikely to meet her, she's not very well she's hearing it's like literally just bad local news. Anyway, I'm going straight away, I messa going, I can't hear you. We have this every single week, right, It's so stressful, and I keep saying, so I can't control your volume at my end? Why would it work like that for anyone? Any phone call? Chaos around the world. Anyway, We finally resolve this, she has to get her partner not boyfriend, who is her friend who she's been living with for a long time, called Bob. Bob comes and sorts it out. Then he disappears persistent. Yeah kid's character.
Speaker 1: But Bob.
Speaker 2: Anyway, finally gets speaking to her and goes, what's the problem. This time she goes, well, actually, what it is is I've got this new phone and it doesn't have a volume. Mine said all phones have a volume. Bone, what do you mean, She's no, it's it's a standard. I can't I can barely hear you right now?
Speaker 1: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: We're going back with I can you hear you? Because I'm controlling the volume. Then it's not why would anyone release a phone now with no volume?
Speaker 5: Cop, They're not doing anymore?
Speaker 1: No, they're not doing it.
Speaker 2: I said, let's try and find it together. Now, okay, guess what. Within tecas seconds we've found the volume button. Well, I tucked it away. This is what I do now more turned on. Everything's hidden away? Still hidden?
Speaker 5: Is there kryptonite?
Speaker 6: My mom's always like way too close to the phone, like as though you have to yell into it to make it all the way from Sydney to Melbourne.
Speaker 5: And I'm always like right one inch from her face.
Speaker 2: Then then once we do have audio and sound, it's like it's just a top of your head again, Mum. Every week this is so stressed. I get it's just a top of your head. You need to sure you can see on the screen. And then I'm talking to a forehead while she goes back into the misery. Update, did you get a bit about Marie? No, no, no, but don't don't worry about it, mum, And then she goes, you're very small this week on my screen again.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 1: I haven't shrunk.
Speaker 2: Yes, sadly, Australia's in the midst of a shrinking epidemic. It was COVID. It coutasy home. They're locking the city down again. We're all shrinking this time next week. You're going to need a magnifying glass to see it on screen. Anyway, we managed to. We have to get it all going so I could go around the suburb of who's not doing.
Speaker 5: Go around the ground.
Speaker 2: My mum is a hypercontract right, she did, she was since I was a kid. She's a nurse, so I think they know too much. Okay, she's been imminent, ready for death for about sixty years. And now though she has a pacemaker. She'll have a pacemaker fit two years ago, and I thought this would calm her down because surely, with my thinking was surely with a pacemaker, now she's safer than me. Yes, there's hard technology now in her heart sorting out three or four times a week. She calls the twenty four hour helpline just check, and the modem that she has next to her bed woking. It doesn't bek quite an upgrade.
Speaker 1: She's now on first.
Speaker 2: Name pace with us, and he just goes, yeah, yeah, that that Jenny again, Yeah yeah, now no, no, no, the machines asolutely, even though it is frustrating dealing with our parents and like modern technology and that I'm wondering what my kids will be what's thirty years down the line. We don't even know.
Speaker 5: Right now, You'll be fumbling around with the holograde.
Speaker 2: Be the hologround, Dad. You're materializing in our front room again? Do you materialize that?
Speaker 5: I I can't.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm stuck in between the content fields.
Speaker 4: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, It's a Christian O'Connell's show for Chemists Warehouse.
Speaker 1: Patsy, how is your weekend?
Speaker 7: You know how we said we were getting out in the garden to you know, clean.
Speaker 5: Up and stuff.
Speaker 7: We needed a new hoe. So they love got.
Speaker 8: Any excuse to go to Bunnings, any excuse whatsoever. So he said, yesterday, Morty, I'm going to go getting new highs. Are you know worries anyway? So he went and got hisses and was lined up at the checkout and there was a guy who struck a conversation up with because Chris noticed he had like two full trolleys of stuff and it was just this guy and he's thought, how have you got that up to the checkout on your own two full trolleys? He had a lawn murray, he had whipper snipper cords, He had plants, he had paint. It was like, gee, you're going to be busy, mate, and he said, I only came for whipper snipper cord.
Speaker 7: Never felt like trolleys.
Speaker 2: So intense because it's so big and you think as you're wandering around, oh, I'll get one of those as well. Yes, And I remember having to go literally there was a very specific screw we needed and so I had to get to bun Ince to get it, and they're so helpful there. I actually turned up with this. It must have been this eight, a nine or ten milimeters tiny screw. The guy knew exactly where it was and so in something just going to the tin and leaving.
Speaker 1: I remember buying a set of three buckets of three diferent sizes.
Speaker 2: Because there were under ten dollars. Then I saw that I got my first ever retractable hose, which is a beak. Adulting is when you have a retractable hose. And then I saw that there was also on sale was a wheelbarrow.
Speaker 5: A wheelbarrow.
Speaker 2: Got to the car and was like, can I fit this in? You'd have to put on It was like, we don't have much of a guard. What's the wheelbarrow for and I went, you're right, actually, but hell of a deal when there's a deal. And it was also remember I don't think you're working on the show rear. I remember when I first went to Bunnings when we moved to Australia almost eight years ago, and I couldn't believe everything you could just buy there everything And there was a cement mixer.
Speaker 1: Oh remember insisting in Reno station buy me.
Speaker 2: I had all these big intentions that I was then going to do like you know, with like a bingo. And we we actually get it into the studio and turn it on, but do you remember, Pats, it was so loud and I then got golf balls in it was gold balls, and putting out the golf balls and ridding out the bingo numbers.
Speaker 1: The noise was horrific. It was just it was just a horrible battali.
Speaker 2: And then we just had to give it away to some trades that wanted it because it just didn't sound.
Speaker 5: It wasn't great on air, A horrible way to wake up.
Speaker 2: Thenmore, just about one thousand dollars wasted money buying a cement mixer for a radio show. But we told you about this before, where it's not just going to Bunnings where sometimes you go out to buy something basic and everyday grocery thing like milk, and then people come back with stuff like jet skis.
Speaker 1: Years ago. We've talked about it on the show.
Speaker 2: Here are some of the ones when we asked us before you went out for milk and came back with what.
Speaker 3: Went out to buy a crash and or someone motorbike saw a nice yellow and black jet SKII watched the speed motor's got to have the jet ski came with.
Speaker 4: The jet ski my haband we had to buy a helmet for he's best and he came back with the thirty one days and le Brandy Hollie.
Speaker 3: I wanted to get some ingredients for dinner and came back with a horse.
Speaker 5: No more information.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite. One went out to getting greens so dinner, came back with a horse.
Speaker 2: We've all been there up outside Willies, all right, So you went out for milk and he came back with what give me called thirteen fifty five twenty two. And you can if it's easy this morning, you can text the show. Texted me directly four seven five three one oh four three you went out for milk and came back with what are we going to get anything till the next hour? That's more insane than the horse.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 4: So the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show, You went out for milk? What did you come home with? Christian?
Speaker 2: I went to Aldi for ann avocado, came back with a pair of Adidas runners, Timothy, Christian, I went out for milk and myself arrested and returned home a day later.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a different.
Speaker 2: Phone in, Tim, I don't know when we're doing that, but that is not what I'm asking you. Christian, I went out to get a bunch of coriander wipeother you.
Speaker 1: Haven't got any. It's okay, monkeys horrible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't like Corean. I love Corian.
Speaker 2: Sonya, good morning, good morning, good morning, son good morning, and again good morning. I always say three good mornings and hell Mary. Now Sonia, what's your story? You went out for milk and what did you come home with?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 9: I went out to get my car serviced and they told me to wait a couple of hours, so I decided to, you know, walk around the showroom, do some test drives and I bought myself a new car model.
Speaker 1: That's quite an opportunistic.
Speaker 5: Bui, you fell right into the trap, Sonya. That's exactly what they want.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's impulse buying and then there's buying a new car. It's such a big decision.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And I went home and like, girls are like, are you all right?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 5: What did you do with the old car?
Speaker 6: Do you just leave it there getting serviced or I traded as in?
Speaker 9: But the sad thing was I needed to wait a whole month for the new one to come in off the boat.
Speaker 1: Not a whole month. Oh you had a walk out, sonya. Thank you very much, you call mate, have a good day.
Speaker 9: Thank you you too.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad we got Steve on my line. My team returned about Steve's one. Steve, welcome to the show. I hope you had a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, Christian, goodrning.
Speaker 1: Tell everyone you went out for milk and what did you come home with?
Speaker 3: I did go out for milk, had to get some milk, some bread rolls and some meat for the lunch of the following day, and actually came home with my future wife.
Speaker 1: She was on special You know that center. As you get the.
Speaker 3: Then you get the check out, waiting to go through the checkout, got chatting, yeah, and agree to meet up the following day, and agreed to meet up the following day. Had their first kiss that day. Eighteen months later we were married and made this year, been married for ten years.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, what a great story.
Speaker 3: It's awesome, it's great.
Speaker 1: So what you just you just up of conversation.
Speaker 2: This is why, because everything's done on apps now, swiping right, people don't get stories like this. She would just start talking in the same queue at the supermarket, in.
Speaker 3: The same queue, in the same queue she was waiting to pick up a children from an excell's visit. Yeah and yeah, we've got chadding and the rest is history.
Speaker 2: The rest of this history, my friend. Hey, congratulations, that's a lovely story. Thanks for sharing.
Speaker 1: It's Steve.
Speaker 3: Thank you for friends.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Have a lot of single guys now just hang around the supermarket tonight.
Speaker 1: Whee they get delivered on a Tuesday.
Speaker 6: When Patsy, actually, Patsy, you tried to tell us that there's a secret code that if you put a pineapple in the top section of your trolley that that means you're singulls.
Speaker 8: Why there was Christian who accused me of No, it's true.
Speaker 2: Whether there it's one way, it's one way is up is available, the other way down is not.
Speaker 1: But I'm telling you now.
Speaker 2: It's a code. People who people there into that scene. Un let's just call it the pineapple people. They know what I'm talking about. Okay, when that pineapple's facing up, everything's up.
Speaker 5: They're up for it.
Speaker 2: I'm always very careful and buying a pineapple. Otherwise I'm like the pie piper. Suddenly is a whole chain of ladies behind mem I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I forgot.
Speaker 4: I forgot the Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show yesterday, I was filling out a questionnaire. One of the questions was, you're allows of a dinner party with three celebrities dead or alive?
Speaker 1: Who's coming?
Speaker 2: I spent at least half an hour upsetting over this. I got hung up at one point about who's cooking. I don't want a hassle of like cooking and getting irritable with them, like, oh my god, I've ever done the dolphin was guys, I'm really sorry and Steve Martin's going, do you know what, I'm really hungry?
Speaker 1: We get take out, Steve, please.
Speaker 2: I really wanted to bry My Petato Dolphin was there's a Naggi recipe. Am I going to get takeaway?
Speaker 1: Or you know?
Speaker 2: Then I thought, I'll bring a celebrity chef. And then I was like, Okay, I'll go for Matt Pittman. He's like the master of kind of Southern American grilling.
Speaker 1: Right and smoking.
Speaker 2: And I thought, but then it's a ten hour brisket. There's a lot of smell involved. And also I've never met the dude.
Speaker 1: He could.
Speaker 2: He's great on YouTube telling me how to prepare a brisket, how to cut it, and how to see it and stuff that when we hang out. I don't know what he's going to be like as a hang in the group.
Speaker 6: I've never heard anyone worry about the logistics of that question.
Speaker 5: I've heard that question before.
Speaker 2: But if I'm asking you, are you not speculating? Are we going out for dinner? Where is it? Are they coming? In my mind, they came over.
Speaker 5: No, that's I've never thought.
Speaker 2: And I've banished my wife and kids. I don't don't don't make it weird or anything, you know, try to get selfies or like, oh who are you?
Speaker 1: I've seen you on TV before? Oh my god, it's Steve Martin. I always get you confused with the other guy, so I I in the end, I went with Joey Seinfeld. Of course Springsteen. Yeh, Steve Martin, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Okay, and he's been and yes.
Speaker 2: Anything about Steve Martin having to watched the two part documentary about Steve really gifted close up magician as well.
Speaker 5: Oh now that's good for a dinner party.
Speaker 2: So he can do not only very funny, but he's going to do magic, you know. Sorry, Bruce, go get the guitarists, do some songs now as the sun sets, you know. And Jerry Seinfeld's going, what's the deal with done?
Speaker 1: For once?
Speaker 6: This sounds less like a dinner party and more just you're the king of a court where the justice are entertaining you.
Speaker 5: Yes, for your pleasure.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's that's the idea that the man King's dinner party. There's there's laughs there, and I decide we'll just get a take away. Guys, well, who would you have round? They can be deader alive. The new episode Celebrities for this dinner party.
Speaker 5: Definitely.
Speaker 1: Shane Warne and Warning, they're great one.
Speaker 5: Can you make like great on the beers? Great stories? Great? Hang then I mean thinking of great stories. I'm thinking Charlie Sheen. I know he's that's.
Speaker 1: Really going to come off. You ain't going to work the next stage. It's a weekend.
Speaker 2: Wow, you've got Warning and Charlie she This is a lively get together.
Speaker 1: What are the neighbors going to say? Warning's arrived? And now Charlie she's coming around.
Speaker 5: Well, now I'm worried. My third one is gonna be Anthony Keatis of the Chili Peppers.
Speaker 2: Version of him when he was the version Okay, right not not now? Wow, it's carnage actually debauchery. Are you trying to make the new Island Rio Island?
Speaker 1: Wow? Warning?
Speaker 2: Before he got clean Ketas and Charlie she maybe.
Speaker 1: We ain't seen you for a couple of weeks months go right? What would your dad say? Dr? Lee?
Speaker 2: Yeah no, he wouldn't be vit part of the kind of rehab afterwards, clean, clean it all.
Speaker 1: Yes, Patty, who's coming around to yours?
Speaker 8: Hard and so much? But it's newer than like, seriously really hard. I would have to say top of the list is definitely Oprah Winfrey, Like, hello, incredible, absolutely phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Adams in this I would have gone that he's a starting point.
Speaker 7: Dull, you would be dumb.
Speaker 8: It'd be like if I did invite him, he'd have to be in the corner and just sing.
Speaker 7: There'd be no conversation.
Speaker 1: She's just playing music. Yeah, like it's a corporate thing.
Speaker 7: Interviewed him and he was he was a little bit dull.
Speaker 2: I've got to say the interview, he was a little bit I couldn't work out what.
Speaker 8: It was him or asked the same questions a million times. You could just say, the blind go down over his eyes, you know, but he was blind.
Speaker 2: Do you know what they say the blinds. But he's just got a bl like half of one eye. He's picking out.
Speaker 8: Oprah because I think she could give me heaps and heaps of advice, especially with podcasting, and she's in the menopause space as well.
Speaker 7: I think she'd be like a mentor. She'd be brilliant.
Speaker 8: Then i'd have just for just for fun, I'd have Sarah Jessica Parker because I love sex in the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See that's great. Now, this is already a good hang.
Speaker 7: I reckon she'd be really well.
Speaker 8: I think she is really down to earth like, even though her stardom and everything else. I just think she's a really nice girl. And the other the other one maybe Jackie Nassus, Oh wow, maybe Jackie Nassas. What was it like to be the first lady?
Speaker 5: And what?
Speaker 11: Really?
Speaker 1: This is a good line up.
Speaker 2: You've got a lot going on. There's so much to talk about. Yeah, Alex, who's it for you? For some reason? Boris Joltsen jumped out of me.
Speaker 1: He drank you under the table. I know it'd be fun.
Speaker 2: Do you ever hear the story about him flying to America? And I think it was the UK and he got so drunk on the flight over he was asleep and they were too scared.
Speaker 1: To wake him up.
Speaker 2: So he was like at the on his plane asleep and they were all these dignitaries on the on the wrong way and they were going waking him up when he's out a few You don't want to wait.
Speaker 11: Thatsonow seemed like a lot of fun and a lot of historical moments that I'd love to talk to him about. I'm a big history buff. Freddie Mercury. I think he would be amazing to sit down. Freddie would be great and also sing with the piano, would be nice. Ladder on the Night Ricky Gervais. Ricky would be a great guest, very very funny guy. And I was thinking Michael Jordan too, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if he'd be that exit. He'd be very very serious. Yeah, he'd be quite serious, wouldn't he.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's big on lalls. I think he get irritated with Ricky and would probably Sticky would wind him up, definitely. He dunk Ricky in some hoops and there'd be.
Speaker 1: Lots of gambling.
Speaker 5: There'd be poker coming out ladder On in the Night.
Speaker 1: And also John Lennon. I just love John Lennon.
Speaker 11: I've been a big fan of him for years, so he'd be really interesting to talk to her.
Speaker 2: All right, tell us who would be a few? Three people dead are alive? Who's coming round to yours?
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 2: You're allow three famous people dead or alive to come around to yours for a dinner party. Who are you inviting? I agnize over this yesterday's tough. But Kate and I reckon I could predict your three have actually written them down here.
Speaker 5: Good luck.
Speaker 1: Sandra Bullock, Yes.
Speaker 7: Everyone, he knows that.
Speaker 1: So I do the other two? Or not?
Speaker 5: The other two? What do you think the other tour?
Speaker 1: Katie Lang and Ellen de Generes. Oh, you don't like those people?
Speaker 5: You want to hang out with a great talking she's.
Speaker 2: A talk show host, you're a talkers well, Katie Lang singing songs only sorry, I.
Speaker 1: Thought I knew you.
Speaker 5: Similar management starter El Deener exactly.
Speaker 1: Never looked at her in the eye. She glassy because she's a bogan.
Speaker 7: Would be one of the Matilda's on there, wouldn't they?
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, they've got no names.
Speaker 7: I don't know who's your favorite?
Speaker 12: Sam No, Steph Catley would be. I've actually met her, so wow, legend be catching up?
Speaker 1: So who's coming? Then it's Sondra Block really coming?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sandra Bullock is my for her though, isn't.
Speaker 2: It because you've had a crush on her since you were a kid. She's gonna sat there go Oh my god.
Speaker 1: She keeps staring at who knows?
Speaker 7: She might be in love with me?
Speaker 1: Partner to hear this.
Speaker 12: So Sandy b Steph Catley, who's kind of the captain of the Matildas. And then my third would be adele.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 12: I love her and she loves the wine and I love a wine, so we would have a great night together.
Speaker 2: Great, all right, let's look at what people are texting him right now. Who's come around to Craig Walton's Billy Connolly, Robin Williams and David Bowie. That is a great lineup, Craig Christian, Young Elvis.
Speaker 5: I thought it was that Young Sheldon.
Speaker 1: You don't want.
Speaker 2: Big Elvis or Elvis. At the end, Elvis, can you stop eating the food? There's no takeaway left for the other two famous dead people die And then this one's a curveball.
Speaker 1: Henry the Eighth. I didn't say anyone gender alive. This is amazing, totally with an eye.
Speaker 2: That's a head of a lineup, Young Elvis, Lady Diana and King Henry the Eighth.
Speaker 5: What would they talk about.
Speaker 1: That's an orgy.
Speaker 2: It's gonna that's gonna get what Young Elvis it was a hound dog. And Henry the Eighth, well, he hadn't many wives beheaded some times?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be a wild night Christian.
Speaker 2: My line it would be John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes, Olivia Newton, John, what a great time that would be, Christian. I'm going to go for a royal theme of the Queen Princess Grace of Monaco and Anne Berlin. Oh, this is so specific, headless, and not just that that they've they've typed out the Bowlin bit perfectly. There's no there's no spelling errors there that that's tough to do on spell Chick. It can't be a frequently said word on spell Chick on phones. Someone else sides Adam Sandler and Robin Williams. Tyson Wheeling wants to go for Alexander the Great, Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden, who's a very very funny guy, and Larry David Brian's going for Osborne, Bruce Lee and Peter Brock.
Speaker 6: It's just like Bruce Lee, yeahs Royal.
Speaker 2: Ossy Osborne and then Bruce Lee doing high kicks in the corner. And this is amazing. Dave Groll, he's got some great stories. Yeah, I bet yeah, yeah, that you're right? Is he going to tell you that one? Maybe you wait for a third drink income with that daughter. They came out now leaving.
Speaker 4: Already Dave the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show right now. Have you ever encountered a ghost? I used to work at a very very very haunted radio station.
Speaker 1: It's a location in London that was on top.
Speaker 2: Of an ancient plague burial pit that hundreds of people were dumb there during the plague, the Great Plague of London, and bearly a day would go by in one golden square where there wasn't some unexplained going on, and so much so that I had a very very superstitious Scottish boss who decided to do some research to get somebody in.
Speaker 1: Some people do this where they do an.
Speaker 2: Exorcism where they will release the spirits to go to the good place for light and healing.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it was an actual priest.
Speaker 2: I think it was actually an archbishop, a very senior member of the clergy, did a guide it all of the radio station right, and then said I can't take your money in good faith, there's too many.
Speaker 1: Spirits here to clear out.
Speaker 2: My boss offered him ten thousand pounds. Now ten thousand pounds is about twenty thousand Aussie dollars. Those churches of the UK, same as in Australia, have always got knackered roots. They're always always fundraising for the roof. My in law's funeral last year I had to get there ready to get ready for the udacin and they wanted me to do a mic test and stuff like this. I saw that they'd left an all the bench a to QR coat to donate to the room. Who is ripping off? Churches were shonky roofing. It needs to be on a current affair, especially while you're grieving. You know, you're crying, crying, like getting your phone out, doing a QR code, putting in fifty bullocks fifty What did I say? They're fifty dollars every bit house if you can donate anyway. So this is archbishops that I can't take the money. There's too much to do here.
Speaker 1: Honestly.
Speaker 2: I remember once I was having a cup of tea during a show and it was like somebody behind me, my hand and it's spilled over the faders.
Speaker 1: We managed, we managed to clear it out.
Speaker 2: We managed to clear it upp okay, and then an hour later my boss came in drinking cup of tea and said, hey, we might have to have a no hot drinks ruled in the studio. As he was channing me off, his hand flew forward and chipped tea into the faders. No, I swear to God, I saw it. There were two weaknesses. We're all like.
Speaker 1: And he was like, what the what the hell happened? I went the ghost. You don't believe me about the ghost.
Speaker 5: It just sounds like a couple of clumsy English.
Speaker 1: No. No, that's all fine motor skills. So you'll see what the actions were exercised. Still care I thought there was something about you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were doing a Ouiji board at school.
Speaker 1: Care boy.
Speaker 5: It's like very religious.
Speaker 6: Camp leader came over and was like, well, now I'm going to have to give you guys allism and so he put his hand in our heads.
Speaker 12: Is that?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: What they call it in the Catholic Church and exorcism? It's if you kneel down when I do.
Speaker 10: It as well, because you get coaches of God, Patsy, you must you must have had an encounter with the ghost.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 8: We were at a very very old hotel once in I don't know how I can move on from that. We were going to stay the night. We're on a road trip, Chris and I years and years ago, back in the nineties, and.
Speaker 1: Give us a real date in that kind of February.
Speaker 7: Is all relevant to the story anyway.
Speaker 8: The room they gave us, the room they gave us was right down the back of this property. So we just opened the door to dump our bags, and I'm telling you, there was a really bad funk in that room.
Speaker 7: There was a bad spirit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Chris dropped his guts. Long car trip, I get a bit like that. Oh my god, it's a Poulter fart.
Speaker 1: Like that. Those followed you today, aren't they.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you there was. There was something so bad and so foreboating in that room.
Speaker 8: I had this pressure on my chest and we both felt like this, get out, get out so much.
Speaker 7: So it was so bad that I said to Chris, are you feeling that? And he said this, I don't think we're meant to be here. It was awful.
Speaker 8: So we just closed the door and checked out, and we said, sorry, we won't be staying.
Speaker 1: Said the Great can ask whit. Yeah there's a ghost up there. Yeah, it's bad, believe.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like one hundred and eighty year old pub and they quite commonly have strange happenings.
Speaker 7: But we couldn't stay the night. I just thought, nah, you.
Speaker 5: Get your money back after you leave it.
Speaker 8: And they said, no, that's all right, we've had that before. And I said, why did you give us that. I believe that someone had obviously died in that room or something that happened, because there was really bad vibes and I was not going to certainly not going to stay.
Speaker 2: I got a refund for a hotel night because of a ghost in our room that they didn't warn us about. We stayed in this really old, ancient hotel and during the my hair was being pulled poach in the ribs. It was terrifying, right, really really really scary in there. I don't bother. I don't because I'm English. I don't want to cause a scene. I don't say anything, but I go on the radio and do the brave thing talk about it on the radio. They called me saying someone should have warned you. That room is very famous. People asked to stay there, but there's a there's a there's a prankster ghost in that room. And it was the same thing Paul's hair, and it pokes you in the ribs. That's all it does. It gave me a full refund. I couldn't sleep. I was seriously terrifying.
Speaker 5: I want to go there.
Speaker 1: I thought it was my wife trying to get into a little bit of action. At three a m. I shouldn't known better likely to be something from the other side than the other side of the bed.
Speaker 2: Disclaimer chooses and pays to stay in a haunted don't tell room.
Speaker 5: And do you pay more? Do you pay less for the ghost?
Speaker 1: Well, there's three of you in the relationships. Some people are into that.
Speaker 4: Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show. Time Now for today's time Waster. All right, time for today's brand new outword time Waster once more for the best in Show, Best in Show, Gold Cast Family Pass for you and three mates. Today we're asking you to motivate a movie. Take a movie title, motivate it your Incredibles, Silver Protein Shakes on a plane, Get lean for twenty six Love the movie Batman Dark and He's down that crypt? You know a alone there that mansion? Batman and Tony Robbinsman, Richard Jones and that diary some of it's a bit oh gos s old Sook in that heavy sweater. Do something with those roots as well. Bridget Jones Diary of a CEO, Eat, Pray, lyft.
Speaker 1: And listen.
Speaker 2: I'm speaking to anyone here who's ever got over terrible chronic gastro enterritis or about a terrible diarrhea, And sometimes it takes a lot of courage to chance one. What am I talking about? A motivational movie for those people brave heart from But like I said, standards, you know, I say, Oh dear.
Speaker 1: All right, Rea, what have you got motivator movie? Please?
Speaker 5: This bunny's been reading James.
Speaker 1: Clear what who Atomic Habits?
Speaker 5: Who framed Roger Habit?
Speaker 2: Oh my, it's complicated, bronze Harry Goggins. Oh that's very good, David Gogins, Chiam, that's gold.
Speaker 5: Throw mantras from the train and men who steer it quotes.
Speaker 1: Very very good.
Speaker 2: All right, now over to you. What have you got then? Motivate a movie? Text me yours two four seven five O three one O four three Good luck with mark them.
Speaker 1: Next.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's Show every Day between eight thirty and nine The show with your brand new time. Wase we give you the theme, you send them an you text them in text only remark some gold silver bronze for the bestern show. A price, that's a great one gold class family pass. Motivate a movie you ready to mark? Oh yeah, all right, take a movie title, motivate it. Debbie does Tony Robbins, She means does one of his.
Speaker 1: Courses you know, of course.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm not the giant within unlimited power still sounds rude. Actually is one of his works. I'll move on forest fist pump pumping that fist, and he's having a good time. Blessing that little lad. Hold on Sue the Dark Knight Riders, Early to be traffic, Nightmare parking that big Batman, Bill Edwards stimulation hands. Excuse me, Australia, Did I say Perver movie? No, that's Friday's one. Been in Ted Talks. That's more like all right, harpend the Time, Champagne Radio, Thank you, Ari, the Devil wears.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bronze.
Speaker 1: Stuart's got Pete not et Have you seen him? Have you seen him? Now? He's jacked.
Speaker 2: That's gold plus he had that distended belly eat you know not now he's got twelve games.
Speaker 1: Good job, fellas ah Amandra. I like that, very good. Motivate mile eight mile motivates Silver. You can do it.
Speaker 5: You can do it, Silver plus.
Speaker 1: Reservoir Joggers.
Speaker 2: Silver, Goggenheimer gold, Wilde, Nathan the determinator, Harry determined.
Speaker 1: He was He's ain driven man. Look who's ted talking?
Speaker 2: Silver plus however, prayer praising Miss Daisy.
Speaker 1: You've done something with that wiry old hair of yours.
Speaker 2: Silver miners, winfree the pooh Oprah, winfree, bit to understand, I catch the stair.
Speaker 1: Again, winfree the pooh Jack preacher. He's not vinent anymore. He's do anything He's done is the Bible.
Speaker 2: Anthony Patterson, well done, that's great, optimistic Himer run mission possible.
Speaker 1: You can do this today.
Speaker 5: You can get the silver.
Speaker 2: Plus another one final a better Edward scissor hands, Edward capping hands, very hard with those all right, Who is best in show today?
Speaker 5: It's pt pt wild.
Speaker 2: Done Stewart, You're today's winner. Thank you very much for joining us on the Christian O'Connell Show. Now there's a new way for you, not just to listen to the show, but be part of our inner circle. We call this show the bright Side of the Dial, and now we've got inner circle. The bright Side is Platinum Club. If you want in, you get your own membership card, You get your own membership number, You get private access to our private Facebook group where we give you first and nutes. You get to find out the daily time wasters, the day before, when Real and I do, and loads of other stuff, including a private message from me every Friday to live at your inbox. All you need to do if you'd like to join her in a circle and become an official Brightsider and a bright Snider's Platinum Club member, text a word, just one word, Bright Siders to four seventy five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: Come join us.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell show, Go on podcast.
Speaker 6: It's a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication
Speaker 1: With discount of prescriptions in every store every day