Speaker 1: Laura, come on in.
Speaker 2: Hi everyone, It's Thursday.
Speaker 3: I know everybody, guys, the time has finally come. I can stop talking about my daughter's graduation after this.
Speaker 4: Oh we've been graduating for four years.
Speaker 5: We've got a master's at this point.
Speaker 3: Marley May she's five years old. She starts school next year, and it's been as Marley start school everyone. In case you didn't hear on this show, she starts school. But she had her graduation last night. And you might remember if you were listening on Monday, I said it was that night, but I got my dates wrong, so I am very useless at calendars at the moment. It was so good moment at the moment. Yeah, look, there's a lot going on it.
Speaker 5: So did you turn up to the hall Monday?
Speaker 3: I went home from the show like I left radio. I drove home quickly because I was like, oh my gosh, you've got to get to this graduation. I walked in the door and Matt was like, what are you doing? Graduation is you know Wednesday? Anyway, that's not the point. The point is it was very sad, was it? It's just a cry? Did you the whole thing? And she sung and she was beautiful. You know, I just can't believe that she's starting school next year.
Speaker 4: It's so a graduation present.
Speaker 3: No, but I was expecting like little hats in a robe and they didn't do that. So I was like, come on, guys, like surely you know, like where is the limit to this whole graduation thing when it's preschool?
Speaker 5: Is she a famous kid?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: Do they all know that her mum's on the radio and podcast?
Speaker 2: I don't know on a bus?
Speaker 3: She is on a bus. She knows she's on a bus. She was on an ad for Kan's council.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Hockeys and sunscreen and if there's something you're gonna HOWK make it s it's some safety. It's very important.
Speaker 6: Hey, huge show coming up. We have a listener with a huge issue with baby names. But her and a sister want to call their kid the exact same name.
Speaker 2: M tricky one. Do it Alphaba? That's it happened, you know, a wicked I just thought it would be the craze current. All right, that's next. Welcome to you Thursday pick up.
Speaker 4: Ask our pat.
Speaker 6: Thanks for bringing that in me to ask gun cut, something that Laura and I do every single Thursday on our podcast Life Uncut, where you guys writing or you call up with your biggest, darkest conundrums, we do our best to answer them. And today we have Christy on the phone, who's got some issues with her sister and baby names.
Speaker 3: Hey Christy, Hi.
Speaker 1: Christy, Hi, Hi, how are you guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: So my sister and I were both pregnant and we're due within a month of each other. But we both have the same name that we want to name our daughters. So it's our mom's middle name that we want to give our daughter as her first name. And so I just want to know how we should decide who gets the name.
Speaker 3: Did someone have the idea first or was it just one of those situations where you were talking about baby names and you were like, oh my god, me too. Crap.
Speaker 1: Yes, we were sitting down, we were trying to decide our names, and we just were, you know, comparing names to make sure that we weren't going to give our daughters the same name. Yes, there was the name, the same name at the top of Olice.
Speaker 4: What is the name?
Speaker 1: It's Eloise, So it's name.
Speaker 4: Can you I've got a couple of opinions here right.
Speaker 6: My opinion is you cannot both call your child the same name.
Speaker 3: I disagree.
Speaker 6: Laura thinks you can. I don't think you can. I think it's too much. I think maybe you could use it as a middle name. You can both have it as the middle name. It's okay to share middle names with all different family members, and you both choose.
Speaker 4: Surely you have like a second favorite name on the list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, otherwise we're thinking Stephanie, So Stephanie Elouise or Eloise Stephanie.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I know, But what if you did variations of Eloise, like something that's close, like Ellie, Ella, Ellen, Like what if Louise? What if both of you had like an ode to the mum that wasn't just the exact name.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a couple of ways that you can work without. Firstly, whoever has the baby first gets right away.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 3: Secondly, rock paper scissors badly? Just who cares? I mean, I have two kids and my sister has two kids. I'm not as protective of that name, so I might not be the best person to ask. But I honestly, if I loved a name and it was a family name, Rubbie and both cousins had it, I just wouldn't care.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 3: It would make Christmas? So it would make Christmas so easy. Imagine like all the cousins are in the backyard just being a little you know, naughty, and you're like, you're hello, ways and then they all come running.
Speaker 6: You know, Laura, if you called your daughter like you did, Marley May, and then your sister had a baby and called it Marley May, you were telling me that you would not have a problem.
Speaker 3: Can I do because a lot of people wouldn't know this. So, yes, my daughter's name is Marley May. But my niece, my sister's firstborn child, her name is Tasman May. Not the same thing. It's very similar though. I think Eloise is a great middle name and that would be a perfect solution. But if you guys can't agree, then you just have to agree to disagree and have the same name. Christy.
Speaker 6: What do you think would happen if it was first investress? So if you got there, first, gave birth, first called it Eloise, do you think that would cause a rift in between you and your sister?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Look, she's really dramatic, so I feel like if I did that, she would not be happy, and I feel like that would definitely cause some tensions. Yeah, so I think we definitely have to come to some sort of agreement beforehand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think from like from everyone getting along and it being like as amicable and peaceful as possible during what is going to be a very stressful time having a newborn baby. I think you have to have these conversations straight up and figure out a solution. And I just just go with the name. Call everyone Eloise. It's fine, beautiful name, so nice. They called it three times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got Eloise and she's beautiful. I'm just saying I only know nice Elouise.
Speaker 3: Thanks mish.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's the time of year that Uber ratings are out, guys, you know.
Speaker 3: His favorite of you. No, we do this every year and I hate it.
Speaker 6: Or we're gonna talk about it next. You'll be surprised which state came out on top.
Speaker 2: Actually, all right after this on the pickup this week, Uber have dropped, are you guys across the Uber ratings?
Speaker 5: Uberankings they dropped them.
Speaker 3: Do they do this every year?
Speaker 2: They do it every year, but it's perpetually on your app. But it kind of every year because it's the end of the year. It's like you've had all the ubers that year. That is the most pad version of your rating.
Speaker 3: They do it state by state, don't they, So like every state gets like an overall uber rating. Is that how it works?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, I understand everyone wants to do a rap. We've got Spotify rap, we've got Uber rap, We've got rap for everything. But I the Uber wrap, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Really Can I guess which state one?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's out of five obviously, if you've gotten in an uber you know it's out of five stars, so it is out of five your score. So yeah, have a guess what state had the highest average UBER rating in Australia. I reckon it.
Speaker 6: Would be I feel like Melbourneites would be like really good, So I'll go Victoria.
Speaker 3: I reckon it's going to be Western Australia. I reckon. Everyone's right, you.
Speaker 5: Both picked the bottom two.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Wa was four point seventy nine to the lowest in Australia.
Speaker 3: Oh those poor people.
Speaker 5: Victoria just up four point.
Speaker 4: Eight Interesting, So what in New South Wales?
Speaker 2: New South Wales number one four point eight four on average. But I don't really care about the results of the country. I also care about the results of the pickup. So what I'm wanting to do now?
Speaker 3: No, okay, I this is a stitch up because we do this every year, and I know my Uber rating is low. But I have a defense for this. It's because I used to live in a really inconvenient spot that was fIF so long, it was so difficult for them to drop you off.
Speaker 4: But Laura, that was fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: It's based on your last five hundred rides. Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: He's done fifteen years of riding since you lived in the inconvenient location.
Speaker 5: And I say, this is just you know what that is guilty?
Speaker 3: What a defense mechanism. I'm living in fear because the last time we did this, mine was particularly low.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should try driving them all right, grab your Uber I thought I thought I was gonna hit.
Speaker 4: I am worried about mine.
Speaker 2: Or if you'd like to play along in the car, or if you're a passenger, or if you're listening where if you're listening, grab your phone, go to the Uber app. Thank sure, the latest version of Uber is downloaded. Once the app is open. Tap account. It's in the bottom right. Yeah, yeah, your star rating will be waiting for you in the top left corner.
Speaker 5: Let's start with Britney Hockley out of five stars.
Speaker 3: Not bad.
Speaker 4: Out of five stars, I've got a four point eight.
Speaker 5: That is good.
Speaker 2: That is good?
Speaker 3: Is that good?
Speaker 5: Well, that's where Victoria isn't there seventh?
Speaker 6: In there we see four point out of five sounds great. But then when you say it's like second bottom state.
Speaker 3: The national average? Can I say is four point eight two?
Speaker 5: All right? Mine is four point seven?
Speaker 6: I'm beating you. You're below average.
Speaker 2: Mine's bad, Laura Burn, friend.
Speaker 4: That fifteen years ago lived somewhere that was inconvenience.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I slam car doors.
Speaker 2: Okay, Lura, what's your uber rating out of five?
Speaker 3: It's four point six five. Oh, that's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: That is so bad you should be ashamed.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, producer, Grace, mine four point seventy four. But can I point out Alfie, who's helping us outside on the phone today, here's a perfect five. Alfie, you have always been a dream. I've always thought this about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't talk in the uber because I don't want to talk to.
Speaker 2: Them at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I do talk. I thought that that's what they want problem.
Speaker 5: You're a child. Oh sorry, okay, I know.
Speaker 6: I think Laura's problem is you're always talking on the phone, so you're having like these other big animated conversations and your phone's broken so everything had to be on loud speaker.
Speaker 3: So I think you're in the back of the uber on loudspeaker.
Speaker 6: It's not that fifteen years ago you lived in an intermediate location.
Speaker 3: I do often have Yeah, it's really obnoxious, isn't it. But my phone is broken, so I can't help that. You can have headphones, It's true, I always lose one.
Speaker 2: Just to admit it, Laura, I'm arguing British the winner. Correct, No, Alfie. Sorry, our intern Alfie is ELFI is.
Speaker 4: Here for one day that Alfi, you are the Winnerie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Thanks, guys brought Alfie into.
Speaker 2: The show for one day. He'll never be heard of again. Thank you, Alfie, appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: Look, I might have upset some ubers, but I've also upset somebody else in my life. My daughter.
Speaker 6: She wants to break up with me. I think our relationship is over. I think that's called emancipation.
Speaker 3: A five year old emnspate themselves from their mother.
Speaker 5: At what point do you start looking inwards?
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift brother, all right, Laura, another issue she's caused, that's the ratio.
Speaker 3: I've hit a heartbreaking stage of my life as being a mum. Just a new journey that we're on now. My five year old daughter, she threatened to run away from home because I'm such a horrible parent.
Speaker 4: Oh that's all right, we all go through that. I've run away once.
Speaker 3: I think five is early, though, don't you.
Speaker 6: I've ran away and I lasted about twenty minutes, and then I moved into the garage and that was really cold and damps.
Speaker 2: I'm back out.
Speaker 4: How old were you at the time when I moved into the garage? Yeah, probably eight, since I was born.
Speaker 6: I shared a room with my sister, and you get to that point where you're like, I'm my own person, I deserve my own space. But there was no room in the house, so I was like, fine, I'll sleep in the garage Mum and dad knowing full wells full of like spiders and cold.
Speaker 2: So I came back.
Speaker 3: This is this is different. You didn't You weren't angry at your parents, so you didn't like run away from your parents. You just wanted more space.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: I ran away once and then I lasted like twenty minutes because I was like, what do I How do I survive in this world?
Speaker 5: I ran away? I remember it.
Speaker 2: I was like eight, but I didn't run.
Speaker 5: I had heelis on. You know those shoes that that's the wheels in them.
Speaker 3: So I was so mad.
Speaker 2: I actually went screw you, Mum and Dad and I skated down the streets.
Speaker 3: Did you say I'm wheeling away?
Speaker 5: I think I did.
Speaker 2: And I said at Niko Kiriakos's house for a couple of hours and.
Speaker 3: That was it. And do they come looking for you? What happened?
Speaker 4: I know you're going to wheel back like.
Speaker 5: That's the gay kid.
Speaker 2: He'll be terrified out in the streets.
Speaker 3: He's well, we were staying at my sister in law's house and they've got like a big farm down south right, and on that farm there's an adjoining shed which has got bunk beds and stuff in it. So all the cousins were sleeping in the shed for the night, but there was no adults in the shed. And I said to Marley, it was like, sweetheart, you're too You are just too little. You have to stay in here. She gets scared, and I was worried that she'd have a nightmare or whatever. So I was like, sorry, honey, I've made a rule. You're gonna stay in the room with us.
Speaker 2: Oh so many, Fine, I think that's pretty rough.
Speaker 4: All the cousins are out there.
Speaker 3: But the cousins are older. How old are like eight, nine, ten? She's five, she's too little. The five year on the three year old had to stay. Maybe I am a helicopter mom, and this is the problem.
Speaker 4: You know what happened?
Speaker 3: So he said no, okay, So she So it went on for a long time, like she negotiated every which way that she possibly could, Like she tried bribery, she tried insults, she screamed, she had a tantrum. And then she was like, well, you know what, mum, when you go to sleep, I'm going to run away. I was a airy threat, right, okay, Well that's happening. And to be fair, it was like eight o'clock at night, so when she should have been asleep, we're all out there eating dinner. And she tried to run away, but I caught her in the act. So she was she had her pillow, she had her blanket. She'd open the door and she was sneaking out to the shed. She was running away to the shed. She wasn't running away for good. And so I got her and I put her back in her room and she was like, fine, I'm breaking up with you. We're not together anymore.
Speaker 2: You were like, I hate to break Yeah.
Speaker 3: He depended on me for your survival. No, made me realize that she thinks her in a relationship because she's been watching and listening to too much Taylor Swift. She was like, oh, I'm in a relationship with my mum. She's broken up with me. We're no longer dating.
Speaker 4: It's emancipation.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's the same.
Speaker 5: I think she's confused with the concept.
Speaker 2: I think she thinks you guys are in a potonic relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's more to this, right, Like, so when I got married to Matt, like her dad, Marley was three at the time, and she was like a really big part of the wedding, and she's always said it was our wedding. But now I realize that she actually thinks it was our wedding. She thinks the three of us are in a relationship together. So divorcing. The Thropple is turning into a couple. Yeah, my five year old's leaving our I mean.
Speaker 5: This is just I wasn't aroundhen the Bachelor was happening because Dad and I he.
Speaker 2: Would have picked me.
Speaker 3: He probably would chance.
Speaker 5: How does Lola do your other one in all this situation?
Speaker 3: Nah, she she loves me, heaps, She doesn't care. She just wants to be anywhere I am, Like if I'm there, she just wants to be in bed, like she would climb back into the room.
Speaker 4: If she could imagine the day she tries to break up with you, it'll happen. I hate to break it in.
Speaker 3: I know when she's thirteen. I know it's going to come. There is always that day when like a little girl turns around to their mum AND's.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't love you.
Speaker 3: I remember doing it to my mother when I was like fifteen years old.
Speaker 6: I like, in your family, Lola is going to be the difficult teenager. I reckon Miley will be okay, and I think Lala's going to be like pushing boundaries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but isn't that always the case? Like firstborn child is like quite obedient. They like usually want to you know not my family.
Speaker 5: Reason my family isn't that.
Speaker 3: I think like firstborn is like the good kid, and then second born is the rebel. I think there's no rule. It is what it is.
Speaker 4: But out of your kids' personalities, Lola is going to be ter rebel.
Speaker 3: Oh well, we're after a great start out with anyway. I've broken up with my daughter, so that I hope you get back together.
Speaker 4: I'm praying, pray.
Speaker 5: I think it's crossed. It works out in the end. Maybe couple cancel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, help, let's get out of here. We're back tomorrow to end the week. If you missed any of it, you can podcast us on the iHeartRadio app search to pick up everybody tomorrow tomorrow. Bye guy,