Speaker 1: Come on, hello, Hello, Happy Friday, everyone, Happy fright Yay, spring is sprung?
Speaker 2: Spring?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, guys, I'm so usedless.
Speaker 4: I didn't even realize it's spring. Do you know why? Because winter has been so damn warm?
Speaker 5: Exactly if I feel like we haven't even had a winter, you know what else it is?
Speaker 4: It's not a spring. It's Father's Day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 3: And I hope that you all bought your dad something better than a pair of socks this year.
Speaker 4: I haven't we dad anything yet.
Speaker 5: I unfortunately won't see my dad. My dad's in Portmanquary on the mid North Coast, so I'm not going to actually see him this weekend, but I'll give.
Speaker 4: Him a call. I think you mitually the only one that's going to see your dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my dad and I planned in a hot girl walk together.
Speaker 6: We're going to walk by the beach and get a father's son coffee and catch up and talk.
Speaker 4: Chicken is cute and if your dad's married to your mind, you mean.
Speaker 2: Chicken, she's really interested in getting chicken.
Speaker 6: Berg of on, I excited, Happy Birthdad. All the dads listening, all the dad's out there, all the daddies as well.
Speaker 4: But it kind of is like a dad birthday, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, Happy Dad Birthday to the very very important dad in my life, and that's my husband, Maddy j dad of my two kids, and I have a very special surprise for him coming up next.
Speaker 6: Thanks to the Chemist Warehouse head in today, great savings every day. It's the pickup Britt, Laura and Mitch here rush into Chemist Warehouse this Father's Day. It's on the weekend, big brand fragrances too, at the lowest prices. Chemist Warehouse will give you great savings every day.
Speaker 3: Do you know I'm so excited about Father's Day. I love Father's Day because I feel like I have one of the best dads in the whole world in my house.
Speaker 4: And look, I have a pretty great dad, my felt dad. He's great.
Speaker 2: Is your dad living under the stairs.
Speaker 4: But he doesn't live in my house.
Speaker 3: The dad who lives in my house is the father of my two beautiful girls, Maddie Jay, and he is truly, I mean every day he is in edible with those girls. And I know when we very first met, he always said, I can't wait to be your dad.
Speaker 4: But I don't think.
Speaker 3: Most people really realize what is kind of like involved in parenting, and then like you know, everyone thinks they want to have kids, and then some people truly just excel at being parents. And Matt, my husband is genuinely the best dad. Now, when it was Mother's Day, he did something really special for me. He wrote a beautiful letter and he cried and it was so sentimental. This is what he had to say.
Speaker 7: I watch how patient you are, how nurturing you are, how attentive you are, and just how much you love our girls. I mean, really, I'm still my best to keep up with you. I'm sorry. You always say how lucky we are to have our little family, but the person we need to thank is you. You're the reason why we're so lucky, lucky to have you as my wife, and Laula and Marley im lucky to have you as their best friend, the mentor, the cheerleader and their mum.
Speaker 3: I know it makes me want to cry again listening to it. Now we have my beautiful husband, Maddy Jay joining us.
Speaker 2: Hello, doting dad, lovely intro.
Speaker 3: Do you know I already know that you are Australia's most doting of dad's Like I know this and I shouldn't have to prove this to anybody else because I see how incredible you are in our family and in our household. But yesterday we were on the Morning Show with Larry Emder and he's a great dad.
Speaker 2: What a dad. We said that when we left.
Speaker 3: I feel like Larry could be like Australia's dad. You know, people feel like he's he's got that dad quality about.
Speaker 2: What are you getting at, Laura? What I mean?
Speaker 3: I'm going to prove it to you and Maddy j He's the dad of all dads. He's the ultimate dad. How do you see this head doing a Father's day?
Speaker 4: Dad off?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: So who's the ultimate dad?
Speaker 5: We're going to ask a bunch of questions and we'll decide who wins the ultimate dad of Australia.
Speaker 4: It's the doting dad dad off? How do we feel it?
Speaker 2: Dreadful?
Speaker 4: Lets go all right, Mattie Jay, this one's for you.
Speaker 3: What do you do if you're four year old aka Marley May ask how babies are made? You put a TV on and you start playing tookemonon and you walk away as fast as perfect.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good, okay, Larry, Yes, you absolutely couldn't hate your daughter's partner more?
Speaker 4: You test them.
Speaker 5: He comes to you and asks for her hand in marriage?
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 3: A POPA capin is asked, what.
Speaker 4: This is the decider?
Speaker 5: Because we've had some great answers for both For you the decide. I want an answer from both of you. Give us your best dad joke.
Speaker 2: Oh good, Why don't we start with you?
Speaker 6: Larry?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: My wife still thinks I'm really really sexy.
Speaker 5: Every time I walk.
Speaker 2: Past, she looks at me and says, what an ask?
Speaker 6: The listening right now, laughing their heads off in their highlightses, all.
Speaker 4: Right, bring it home, baby, you can do this, all right, Maddie?
Speaker 5: Okay, I like that one. That was very good, Larry, didn't it. Why should you never trust trees because they're always shady?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: I love you, manager. I think I'm going to have Larry, I.
Speaker 5: Said, I think because they're always they're always shady, because there's the shade from the sad.
Speaker 6: We fully gone. We did actually get it. We did get a man. I think, who are you voting for? Brid I'm voting I love you, Matt.
Speaker 4: Larry really brought it home.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Larry, is the is the dad of Australia.
Speaker 4: No he's not. He's certainly not the dad of my household.
Speaker 3: Put it that way, Maddy Jay, I'm voting for you because I love you and I see how amazing you are with our little girls, and I couldn't ask for a better husband or a better dad.
Speaker 7: And Larry all I love you as well.
Speaker 5: But Larry, hang on, Look, you haven't seen me in your house with your kids yet.
Speaker 8: Maybe we give that a go as the ultimate test.
Speaker 2: You need a babysitter on Saturday night. Get Larry's number.
Speaker 4: What does that mean? The mat just goes out and I stay home with Larry? Is that what we're suggesting this?
Speaker 7: Think? It sounds great? I'm into it.
Speaker 6: This is a dream come true.
Speaker 2: All right, Australia is the newest thropple.
Speaker 3: Everybody, Laura and Larry see you on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Larry sounds great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he goes all right.
Speaker 6: Next, brit what have you got? You've heard a very interesting interview with Jessica Simpson.
Speaker 4: Look, she's come out.
Speaker 5: In an interview and spark some controversy with one of her comments. It's basically stop talking about my weight. I'm over it, and I think the conversation is coming off the back of that is really interesting and probably something new.
Speaker 4: You can relate to it as someone.
Speaker 2: Who's lost about thirty kilos recently. I've got some points, some tips.
Speaker 4: Ye, most that was brain power.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it next. On the pickup.
Speaker 6: Hey, Friday afternoon, Springer sprung on the pickup. How exciting Britt, Laura and Mitche rushing to Chemists warehouse this Father's Day, which is tomorrow, Big brand fragrance is at lowest prices. Chemist has great savings every day.
Speaker 5: I recently saw something you want to talk about about, the one only Jessica Simpson. Now we all know Jessica Simpson, and I feel like when you think of her, the first picture that comes to your head is that iconic picture of her in the short denim shorts from Duke of has.
Speaker 4: A little crop on baby.
Speaker 5: It's like it's like almost a photo that springs to mind when you think of Jessica Simpson. And that is because it's the photo of the media has used for the last twenty years. Well, Jessica Simpson has come out and it has sparked a conversation. She's spoken with Access Hollywood about the perpetual conversation surrounding her weight, because over the years, she's done a lot of yo yo diet in which she's talked about she gains weight, then she loses weight, but it's all anyone ever speaks about have listened to what she said.
Speaker 8: Well, now my kids seeing me being still scrutinized, and it's very confusing to them because they're like, well, I don't even understand yes, Like I why don't.
Speaker 4: They just say you look pretty?
Speaker 5: Mom?
Speaker 4: You look pretty?
Speaker 3: And she's lost a lot of weight though, well she I mean, yeah, she's definitely gone from being in a bigger body to being very very thin.
Speaker 4: And it's kind of fluctuated throughout the years. Well, she lost at one.
Speaker 5: Point forty five kilos, but it's always her fluctuation is always surrounding the birth of a child. She's got a few children, and she's always spoken openly about her She's never hidden anything, but no one seems to speak about anything else.
Speaker 4: And I think she's had enough about it.
Speaker 5: She's like, why every time someone speaks to me about me, any headline it's about she's lost this weight, She's put this weight back on.
Speaker 4: Also, it must be so hard like she has.
Speaker 3: And I say this because as a mum of two little girls, like she has young girls, and she has young kids, and to think that your whole identity has become defined by your weight must be such a damaging conversation and something that she has to manage in her household with her children to protect them as well.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 6: I'll be honest as someone who and I've been very open on this show about my weight loss journey, as someone who's lost almost thirty kilos in the last couple months, and I've been actively trying. I have noticed, and I've told you guys this, I've noticed a definite, a definite increase in comments on my weight and my size on social media, both publicly in the comments and both privately in the dms. The amount of people that think it is okay to message me and comment on my size, be it when I was bigger, when I was small, has blown me away.
Speaker 4: What's the skew of comments that you're receiving.
Speaker 6: Oh, bo, that's what's shocking, because your cell It's bizarre. The celebration of weight life. I've never been celebrated this much in my life, and it is for weight loss, and I didn't lose the weight to be celebrated. I didn't lose the weight for people to go, look how good you look. But on the flip side, I'm also getting a lot of messages. I'm getting a lot of messages. I got some this week from someone in the that is bigger in the plus size community, and they told me that they were disappointed in me sharing my weight loss journey on my platform or talking about it on the radio show because they felt like I was shaming the community that I was once a part of, which was which was a big being bigger.
Speaker 4: So that's Mitch.
Speaker 5: How does that make you feel when you read that and you know that you are making these changes for you and you're feeling like we see it in you, how good you feel and how happy you feel. How does it make you feel when someone goes and takes that away from you?
Speaker 6: It really plays with your mind. Because, let me tell you the honest truth. The reason I lost weight.
Speaker 2: I was happy.
Speaker 6: I was happy being a big boy. My size was okay, but I was unhealthy. I didn't feel good like I had sleep app now I have a brain condition. I was waking up. I was my relationship was in absolute turmoil. I split up with my boyfriend of five years. Everything was going wrong in my life and the one thing that I could take control of was losing weight. And I feel physically healthier, mentally healthier. And I did that for myself and I documented it because it made me feel good about myself.
Speaker 2: It should be okay to do.
Speaker 3: I just think we shouldn't have such an obsession around people's bodies.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've seen it recently with Jackie Oh.
Speaker 3: She has achieved so much in her career, she has achieved so much in her life, and the media has never been more obsessed than they are at the moment, and so much of that surrounds dramatic weight loss, and it just shows like, no matter what side of the coin, we are obsessed with how people look, and we are obsessed with how people lose weight.
Speaker 4: Yes, we want to know how you did it. We want to know whether it was healthy or unhealthy?
Speaker 2: Is it natural?
Speaker 4: Are they using a zen pic?
Speaker 3: We hear this conversation all the time, and I think, like it's that It's not only is it just like the compliments of like, oh my god, you look so good, You've lost so much weight. It's the inference of like, well, you didn't look good because you were bigger as well.
Speaker 6: I am all for body positivity, absolutely love it. And but my journey is my own. Jessica's journey is her own, and like I feel for her having kids. You know, I'm just lucky that it's me and my own world and my own journey. But it's the we have a big role to play in making bigger people feel okay. And I don't know, it's tricky.
Speaker 3: You never at one point said, you know what, I'm going to be the spokesperson for being in a larger body. Like that didn't happen, and so we should just have less expectations on people in the way.
Speaker 6: I'm a big boy, I got a tom I'm six foot three, I've got six inches of quaft hair guing.
Speaker 5: Oh you know that's what you're gonna say. All right, Well, look there's a country I'll tell you who. It's Austria, and they are offering free public transport. But there's one I'm going to tell you about it after the break.
Speaker 6: All right, it's next on the pickup the pickup. Welcome, It's Britt, Laura and Mitch here thanks to Chemist Warehouse head in this Father's Day for big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist Warehouse great saving every day girls. I've been reading quite a bit of Austrian news lately.
Speaker 4: Because you do this in your spare time, Mitch, I just want to.
Speaker 2: Be worldly, you know.
Speaker 6: I I love the fashion. I love the style. I do not and this is not true. I love the culture in Austria. You know what they're doing that I think this country could take a Please tell us, Okay. They have implemented a new rail system. I'm sure it's stuff. That's what they call it, and it is. It is new and it is improved and the government have installed a new initiative. The rail system is called came but thicket. If you get this new rail system's name tattooed on your body, this is initiative by the government, you will get free public transport faull life.
Speaker 4: This is an excellent marketing tactic. It's terrible. No I like it. I've had some dumb tattoos in my time. Oh, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 5: So it's capitalizing on people that are having a hard time financially.
Speaker 4: Now they're what to make ends meet and get a free train.
Speaker 5: Try you got to have a tattoo of a train company on your body.
Speaker 3: Wait, they're literally using humans as walking billboards. Yeah, you're using people as though. Yeah, they are a commercial commodity.
Speaker 6: Lenora guest Wessler, Austria's crime minister who's a real person, offered the deal over the weekend at a music festival in Saint Poland. She said the first three people only to get the tattoo will get a pass entitling them to free travel.
Speaker 2: Isn't that exciting?
Speaker 6: And on average they'll save eight hundred and fifty two pounds a year if they catch the train every day.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sorry, but they're only giving out three of these surely to every poor UNI student out there who just wants to get some free train.
Speaker 4: Like, just let anyone who gets this dumb tattoo get on the train.
Speaker 2: As does it have to be the same where it will be publicly seen? Like does it have to be on your neck? Or could you do it on a buttcheet?
Speaker 5: I actually am a clean skin just around.
Speaker 4: I have zero tattoos. Oh my god, stop at you guys are better than me.
Speaker 3: I have the stupidest tattoos that I got when I was in twenty I have this one on my wrist. What is that?
Speaker 4: It looks like a nightclub stamp.
Speaker 3: So when I was throughout my whole twenties, I would get stopped by, you know, friends, or if I'd met a guy and he'd be like, oh, where did you go last night? I got this in India and it's supposed to be a mendala, which is meant to be all about balance and centering yourself, and I got it off center because at the time I was like, nothing in life is balanced, eat, prey love, what a loserms?
Speaker 4: And it's also ugly and I can't cover it on my wrist.
Speaker 6: And you get nothing free, like in the kind of ticket you're getting free travel. So I want to know, thirteen one o sixty five, what do you get for free from having a tattoo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, surely there's not that many people, right, What would want? Do you want for free? Midge?
Speaker 5: Like, what's one thing you could pick? You have to get a tattoo, but you get for free free year.
Speaker 2: I would advertise the daily petrol prices.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd get on my arm every day and then I'd get free petrol.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I reckon.
Speaker 3: There's people out there who've gotten QR codes tattooed onto them.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be a whole bit different things.
Speaker 6: Bentley, we've got l got a car. What did you get tattoed on you? What do you get for free?
Speaker 9: I got a bin chicken tattooed on me and I won an inflatable beIN chicken forgetting it?
Speaker 4: Amazing? And what have you done with that bin chicken? Was it a great investment?
Speaker 9: Not sure about that one, but it's very popular. I got on my ribs, but it's like the size of my hands, so.
Speaker 2: It's pretty big.
Speaker 4: Jeez, you moongus?
Speaker 3: Did it was size? Did to play a factor that? Did you choose for it to be that size?
Speaker 9: I actually wanted it to be quite smaller, but the tattoo insist. Tattoo ters insisted it being bigger so that you could get his little frowning eyebrow in it.
Speaker 5: Did you not think about if you really wanted a blow up inflatable bin chicken? Do you not think maybe I'd have gone bite off the internet for five dollars and not get a tattoo on my Body's the rest.
Speaker 4: Of my life?
Speaker 9: It would have been cheaper even, but then I wouldn't have had you know, the whole pride element that.
Speaker 2: Comes to it, well, this pride with that. All right, let's get out of here, guys,