Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by the Girls, are back at again with the big questions. Honestly the biggest of questions because, like I say every time, they don't have answers, and we actually kind of need them, not so we have to be bound by them forever, but just so we have guidelines, please and thank you. We are trying to figure out which xes are off limits, and by that we mean, of all the ex'es that exist in the world, which ones are you not allowed to date. I wish I could create like a teer list, but it could take us a few shows to get to the course. Let's just start with the most obvious. Obviously, can't date your best friends.
Speaker 3: X Yeah, probably not. You would No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's so say the words please, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you obviously can't date your breath your best friends excuse you can think about it, for sure, you can't close on it. This is where me and a few of my people's like to disagree. So we've got our best best friends, right, I've got like five of those, maybe seven actually.
Speaker 4: For them, I'll do whatever right.
Speaker 2: Every single person who sits outside of that fair game really, my morals will allow me to adjust, like case by case, you know what I mean. Like, I'm not gonna go for your ex. That's case by case.
Speaker 3: Okay, how about this, Okay, let's say you had housemates. Put it. Put you in my position. I've got a housemate dating a guy for four years. Huh they break up? Can I get with him? Nah?
Speaker 4: The length of time is too much time?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like are you basically on time or closest to the person.
Speaker 2: Well, this is what we've got to think about as well. Now we're talking. Now we're talking here some factors. It's how close you were to that person. How close you were to the ex. If that ex is your best friend first before they were that person's ex, and like that's your friend, fair game, right. The length of time that they were together, that's very important. If it was a couple of weeks, sorry, babes, fair game, you know. But if it was an extreme circumstance, you gotta think about that as well as an island, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 2: Or they were together for two weeks but they got married, that's a divorce, a say, you know. And also if you're in extreme circumstances like I said, if we're catching a plane playing crashes in the Butuda triangle, it's just us, me and your ex.
Speaker 3: What am I meant to do? Babe? What would you have me do? The world must go on.
Speaker 2: I was just telling you the other week that my friend she's like loyal to a fault for people that should not have her loyalty. Like if she knows you're a friend of a friend of a friend of ours who had a crush on someone, there're off limits. Huh So babe, get off it, let it go. It doesn't matter. But I think she's in her mentality of like I would hate for someone to do that to me. I'm like, it's happening as we speak. As we speak, So what's your what are your rules for me given to me?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't. Okay, let me think about it. The brain's mean to be. Nah, I'm not gonna not gonna down myself. Maybe I haven't had enough food today, mab Yeah. I usually snacked her out there. You need more food to function, and unfortunately the snacks have been taken away from us at Kita. Yeah. I don't know whose fault that was. I don't think it was mine. Was it someone's been raiding the drink's fridge. This guy called Xannon's fault. Last we move on.
Speaker 2: Like we were saying, which x's are off litts Okay, off limits is a bit of a rogue one.
Speaker 3: But I'm trying to like.
Speaker 2: But I guess think about it from your perspective, right, like let's say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, huh, what other perspective do I have?
Speaker 2: No? Like, I mean, like, think about it from the point of who do you not want dating your ex? Oh?
Speaker 3: True darts? Free game with my exes? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 2: Free game is that it is by pull up to the brown lows with your rights.
Speaker 4: Don't say, what is my extra footy flawer? I don't know, Maybe give us the gospelp okay.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know what, when I think the thing that gets off limits is when they were your ex first and they weren't friends with the person that's getting with them, and they you had doubts about them those two when you were with the partner. Oh, because they flirt then they get together.
Speaker 2: I've heard of this one too many times. I've seen it play out quite a few times.
Speaker 3: You know, you get the call and.
Speaker 5: Your friends, like you know someone day you're like, what I always knew someone like that's got to sting, because then you throw it throws into question your whole experience being with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: So what we're saying is if if if your only access to my ex was through me, if I was the conduit to build that relationship, off limits, Probably Yeah, that's fair. But I think if we're saying it's offloads, we're not enforcing it.
Speaker 4: I'm not knocking down your door being like cut it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you cut it down in silent ways. I wouldn't fuck with anything that's like gonna fuck with my work. Oh that's a tricky one though. So like, if someone who I admire with work or I have some sort of working relationship with that is a good contact that I could potentially work with in the future, that would be beneficial for me in my career, their partner's off limits.
Speaker 4: I'm going in really Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, I just value my career too much to let love get in the way.
Speaker 2: In that way, there's plenty more fish in the sea. Yeah, putty more jobs in the sea. A job is easy, true love, babe, Maybe I can make a make a money is so easy to make jobs are so easy to find a connection.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking about my reputation. It's soiled.
Speaker 2: Sha'll worry about that, babe, shut up, don't hear me with that. That is a tricky one. But then it's like again the net is cast too wide.
Speaker 3: Then maybe I mean, who cares.
Speaker 4: It's a bit of fun.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I say, everybody's fair game as long as you tell us about it. Don't go grass cut someone and then do a private relationship?
Speaker 3: What is it secret but not private? Private but not secret. Yeah that's hard, that's hard. And then it gets back to the person. Yeah, this is a bit messy.
Speaker 4: Really do you do it real publicly?
Speaker 3: Hard?
Speaker 4: Launch?
Speaker 2: And then we've got nothing to say about it. If we're whispering, whispering, whispering, it's too much. Any last thoughts.
Speaker 3: You know what someone's're gonna think about our parents or our parents generation people that had us. There's so many stories of grandparents about how like oh, like my grandma was engaged to someone and then met my grandpa and ran away with him. Like yeah, people, everyone's grandma. Do you have that story? Even my cram we need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to step it up. I don't have that story really, Yeah, you know, like we personally need to step it up, so we have that get engaged run away leaving.
Speaker 3: Someone at the older. Yeah, but no, I must say I've got nothing salacious really to add. I've never cut grass from what I know? Have they be sure? Yeah? Pretty sure? I got interesting tastes?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I don't date like I date people that aren't friends with my friends for the most part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, spare a few, But what's interesting taste to me?
Speaker 3: Like they're not friends with my friends? Interesting tastes? Wrap it up, sus, wrap it up. Imagine the kind of banshee that needs to handle my personality? Yeah? Who are they?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 3: Actually very normal people? I'm much more normal than it makes out. Cut the cameras comment.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms on KEDA.
Speaker 3: I was looking at one of my favorite instagrams the other day. It is called weight But why? Is based off a blog which basically explains like massive scientific and philosophical ideas in a very consumable way, often using stick figure drawings. Oh cool, anyway, the person that runs the account is also the person that founded siblings or Dating No way, fun fact, but that's an offshoot, say why you were an early adopter of siblings or dating exactly the first adopter when they had thirty seven followers. Thanks anyway, he posted this little tile, which I thought was really interesting. It's about health, he goes, People in the early nineteen hundreds thought soda was healthy. People in the nineteen fifties thought whitebread was healthy. People in the nineteen nineties thought margarine was healthy. What's something most of us think is healthy today? That future people will shake their heads.
Speaker 2: At black coffee or any kind of coffee related substance. Really, yeah, how come you coffee drinkers are lunatics? Like it's kind of like debilitating need for this substance. I'm often quizzing coffee drinkers like do you like the taste?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: No, And I'm like does it keep you energizable? Like sometimes it's like okay, so it's not really doing what it needs to be doing. And I'm sure they'll figure out after some years that it's like ruining like your brain chemistry or something interesting.
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 2: That's all it said, But it said no, like, what do you think will be considered unhealthy?
Speaker 3: Fruit juice apparently, which I don't.
Speaker 2: Think anyone thinks fruit juice is yefty, especially like even if you're doing freshly squeezed juice, you just like, are you taking out all the good stuff and just leaving the sugar behind?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my crowd to drink exactly. And this guy said sushi rolls for many people of Western ancestry who often have huge blood sugar spikes from rice. What Yeah, I say that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought I definitely would put sushi in the healthy category.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it can give you a bit of a role.
Speaker 4: But wouldn't want to be around then anyways, it's all good.
Speaker 3: Yeah true. Finally there was the other ones, artificial sweeteners or vitamins. You know how I feel about vitamins. Yeah, yeah. And then vegan meat burgers for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, any kind of vegan like fast food, alternative.
Speaker 3: M Someone said coffee. Nobody is studying whether it's healthy to drink a pot of hot seed baby meth every day for decades.
Speaker 2: There you go, I like that they can be one of us. Let's get them on the show. Yeah, that's fascinating. It's I would like to understand what was said about, you know, soda that would make anyone think it was once healthy. Mm, But I think with every kind of you know, like technically naughty food or even just food generally, I don't necessarily think any.
Speaker 3: Of us know where they sit on the scale of healthy or unhealthy.
Speaker 2: Like if I'm eating like a sao or like a sakata, I'm like, is that heal?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 4: Is how unhealthy?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. It's all on a look, it doesn't matter. I don't think it matters. I think maybe it does. You're going to die anyway, not me that I'm staying here forever, and who's going to turn me into a vampire. I've been literally asking for like ten years and nobody's done it yet.
Speaker 3: He died a bloodsucker. Literally.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm being too like to forthcoming, I think so. I think, Yeah, okay, thank you, thank.
Speaker 1: You, flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: Fortunately for you, I have a big question, one that needs answers, one that requires you to go to your inner circles. I'm talking your your I message, your group chat, maybe even the ear bumble profile.
Speaker 3: Pose the question taking it there?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 3: The question is would you rather be right or happy?
Speaker 4: And why?
Speaker 2: And before you say like can't I be both? You're rarely either of them right now? So pick one true?
Speaker 3: Happy?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: Because it's the hardest thing to be and at the end of the day, right, it's subjective, is it? I know that you know I actually wild probably to be right if I'm being my most animal self self, but rather be I guess to me, the equation is saying, well, the trade off of being happy is that you've either you maybe have been misunderstood, maybe like you actually wear in the right, but you have to wear it, which I think I'd rather that than be right in a true sense. If we really could do run wrong and it be set in stone and unhappy 'or begrudging whoever is wrong?
Speaker 4: Do you feel Yeah, I do feel that.
Speaker 2: I think the pursuit of being right is so hard, especially when you're getting pushed back, like you ever been in a scenario where you're like, my internal compass, my morals tell me, like, this is the correct thing to do, But then you get pushed back You're like, oh, maybe it's something like For example, let's say you're at a friend's dinner party, like it's your best friend's birthday, and right before your best friend is about to cut her cake and blow her candles.
Speaker 4: Your other friend is like, oh my goodness, I.
Speaker 3: Need to tell you something.
Speaker 2: I just got this text, like can it wait, and she's like no, no, no, it's really really urgent, like I gotta tell you this something.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. So then he texted me this thing.
Speaker 2: She starts going through this whole unnecessary personal story. She's like it just came through, like it's really exciting, and everyone's like, oh, but your friend wants to cut a cake. So then you pop off. You say what is wrong with you? Like, have you no shame? Can't you be a good friend? Put that down for a second. Everyone's like, well for me, chill.
Speaker 3: Out, Like I love that it's me.
Speaker 2: Now why are you getting angry? You're like, are you joking? Like she's just such a rude thing. And I was like, well, now you're being rude. Now you're like I just did the right thing. I stood up for my friend. Now you people are turning on me too much, too much. Not that that's the only scenario, but I help him feel like the pursuit of being right is often so combative.
Speaker 4: Sometimes be like sometimes I just don't want to fight.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I just want to know what I know and then take the passive cowards way out.
Speaker 4: Bring back cowardice.
Speaker 3: Okay, like own cowardice if you've done enough right, it's just yah, lay back. That's it.
Speaker 2: Every now and then, I'm thinking, you know, when I find myself in a situation that could be like really conflict heavy, I'm like, I don't want to fight, so I'm just gonna like bail slow, ghost say what I say, sign up for the smiley face, and like be out when they're like, oh why or can we talk about it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Probably not so sorry, I'm uncomfortable with that option, but thank you for offering.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you preferred to be happy in my passive error, I preferre to be happy for sure, Like Baked, have you ever encountered a flex when she's not cackling and smiling? It's so scary, it's scary. It's literally so terrifying.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms so FLEXI.
Speaker 3: On the weekend I had my friend's birthday. We went to the Royal in Bondai Ho hub in Bondai You ever been? Oh no, I have.
Speaker 2: People are so enthusiastic in there, like yelling, singing, hot tip. I think it's my new local. It popped off again with the doc sing you know.
Speaker 3: I'm not actually going to go it's not actually my new local. The clientele was particularly interesting, people from all walks of life, truly, but party vibes. The DJ music is good, like usher falling in love again. The DJ music well, at one point the DJA wasn't there. It's just playing like pre mixed songs. Great, but then it came on did a few shit yeah, but for the most part pretty good. Anyway. I was playing pool so before it gets into a party vibe. So at around seven till nine, there's pool tables. I decided we're going to play a game of pool. Also, it's just such a power move to have the pool table so you can loiter around and kind of like have a power love having a purpose in a venue. So we're playing and these two girls woke up and like we were going to another game, but they're like, oh, can we go? And I was like, oh, like, we're just about to do another game.
Speaker 2: But they waited for you to finish and that had come up or like they it was just like random timing.
Speaker 3: I think they just wanted it into the venue. Okay. I was like, oh, we're going to do another one, but you can play with us. That's nice. And they're like, oh yeah yeah. So we all started playing together. Son. They were fantastic, amazing. One of the chicks had come from UK and she'd been playing pool for six weeks every day.
Speaker 2: Whoa every day for six weeks. I love when people learn new skills.
Speaker 3: It was cool and before she came on, my pool skills were terrible. I didn't get a single thing in. That's okay. She comes over first, shot two balls in the holes at once. That'll do it. I'm getting two balls in at a time every time. You Yeah.
Speaker 4: She was like you're a good omen.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: She give you any pointers? Nah, just her presence.
Speaker 3: I think I just wanted to impress her to be honest. Oh anyway, the venue is very crowded by the end of our game, and we keep having to say to people excuse me, like we're gonna hit you with the bill bulliard or whatever it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just knock them out.
Speaker 3: So what do we do? There was this group of group of people loitering around the table. Like to be fair, they're at the pub every second time we went, there was these two women that like we're talking to each other. We kept were having to be like oh sorry, sorry, and then move and then move back. This happened literally twelve times. No, when do we give up on the game? Because I honestly felt annoying as Yeah.
Speaker 2: And to be fair, I can imagine being either of the people in the circumit, being the girls who won't move because I'm like, I want to stand here, so like we're just gonna have to do this the whole night, or being the person.
Speaker 4: And say like, okay, can you please move? Can you please move?
Speaker 2: Granted, you've spoken before about how you don't like to police people generally, so I can understand why.
Speaker 4: You're like, ah, can you please whatever.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I think just let consequences for where they may.
Speaker 4: You might hit her a little bit.
Speaker 3: She won't be like, hey, what was that.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, oh, that's really odd. How you watched me wheeled a six foot pole? I didn't move how many times time? So she starts staying with was ruthless. At one point, She's just like she kept asking, didn't do it, so.
Speaker 4: She just went for you know, and then what happened.
Speaker 3: That was fine all is always fair in love and billiard tables.
Speaker 2: Look, it's tricky because I don't really think Karens can really exist in pubs.
Speaker 4: It's a free for all. It's a wayward place.
Speaker 3: But I feel like they come out in full force. Yeah, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's no man's land. So like, if you have to Karen to get a few things done, then so be it. You know, Like, have you ever seen someone who cannot activate their Karen when they're waiting for a drink in the line, everyone's coming through Cutton, through Cutton? Get it together, Push push.
Speaker 4: I support you in that instance, not a Karen.
Speaker 2: You know, good work. In terms of whether or not you should have hit them or let them go, I mean, it's not here nor there. It's not a thing all that. And if they weren't bothered, they weren't bothered.
Speaker 3: Didn't get into into it.
Speaker 4: I don't want to stop you there.
Speaker 3: I didn't get into any actually love all right?
Speaker 1: Cute you're listening to flex and frooms on KA.
Speaker 2: I think I'm becoming a weekend warrior now that I have tried to maintain regular working hours. Very anti creative freelancer of me. Very not modern girl boss. So now I'm like, you know, putting my head down Monday to Friday, you know, getting off on Friday and being like, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Boys? What are we getting into? What's on the go?
Speaker 2: Freaks, Mayhem day for it, anything else? Nope, you like there was something on your mind.
Speaker 4: I saw it. Your eyes did a thing.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I think he's just reading into it. You Friday night.
Speaker 4: Backs lighting me. It's reading into it.
Speaker 2: But I came across the most cooked article. So many reasons to be fearful of the road driving.
Speaker 3: That is, if.
Speaker 4: Somebody asked me the other day if I've ever.
Speaker 2: Had an encounter with the police, if everyone stopped for something, and I was like, no, I haven't actually, but that'd be really, really spooky.
Speaker 3: And then just a couple of.
Speaker 2: Days after I was cruising around my apartment had just come out from going out, and we were just me and Sally, my best friend, were just eating macers, right, and so we didn't want to go into my house or her house. We were really close together, so we just like stood parked somewhere nearby with the lights on and everything. Anyway, this cop drives past, slows down and says, hey, what are you guys doing? And I guess it looked suss like it's like eleven pm at night and we're like huh and they're like, what are you doing? So naturally I lie, I say, oh, I'm just waiting for a friend to come out so we can go somewhere. And then the driver, which was a lady, was like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, are you even TikTok? What? She's like, noh.
Speaker 2: And the guy's like which one. She's like, the one, the one in the driver's seat. He's like, oh really, I just saw you crazy.
Speaker 3: Huh. The police person, the police person that feels illegal.
Speaker 4: Literally, she was like, oh my god, this is so old.
Speaker 3: Anyway, have a good night, babe. I said, thank you. This is corruption in action. This is corrupt. I wouldn't do anything illegal. Oh my god, would that feel good? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was great household name. They call it.
Speaker 3: For the people, and don't you forget it.
Speaker 2: But that did remind me of this article that I saw not too long long ago about police people in New Zealand. Well, one policeman who was posing as a window washer to find people using their phone at traffic lights. Wait, isn't that genie a hectic and so one guy got fined and he ended up coming back around with a friend who could film him confronting this police driver and saying like, what are you doing? People are in two minds. Some say it's like really creative and genius. If that's what it takes to keep the road safe, that's what it takes. I was like, what are you doing performance art for? Just put on your uniform and get to work.
Speaker 3: An optic on state. Yeah, babe, honestly, this is a new money making technique. Be a window washer pretending to be a police person, pretending to be your fine and then get many off people. Yeah, let's try out and say, look, I'm going to send you a fine in the mail, or you can transfer me onto a little gongle fleck and frooms use classes in session. What are you teaching us today? Knock knock everyone? Hi, miss free me, Hi, Hi, miss free me. Of course I love going on to wiki how as you know if you listen to this show, it is a website that tells you how to do very simple things with ill simply. Yeah, I guess so, And I found one that I thought you'd like. Under philosophy and Religion subheading Paranormal beliefs. Ooh, so that's a bit of you.
Speaker 4: Bit of me.
Speaker 3: Cleanse your aura? How, when and why to do it. You've probably seen all the hype about aura cleansing, but what is it really? An aura cleanse might be the answer to a calmer, happier you. Your aura is an energy field around you that reflects your emotions and chemically helps you live your best life. In this article, we'll tell you about nine easy ways to do an aura cleanse. Additionally, we'll explain why and when you should do it.
Speaker 4: Are you ready? I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Number one, cleanse your aura with sage smudging. Have you ever used this? No?
Speaker 4: But shouldn't actually use any stage or smudging.
Speaker 3: So next one, Okay, do an egg cleanse. Oh. In Spanish, an egg cleanse is called la limpia because the egg absorbs all your negative energy, leaving you clear. Start by washing a raw egg in salt and water and lemon juice. Then pass the egg through a flame as you say your prayer. Once the egg cools, roll the egg all over your body to say soak up the negative energy. Afterwards, dispose of the egg by cracking it in the toilet. Oh, you might repeat your intention as you roll the egg, say something like, may this egg cleanse me? If you like? You can read an egg cleanse before you dispose of the egg in the toilet. To do a reading, crack the eggor of a glass of water. Use your intuition to interpret the meaning. It's gonna be chill. Take a spiritual bath with herbs and crystals. Speaks for yourself. Cleanse your aro with celeentine, which is a stone. Spelenite, selenite here go teamwork like a wand like a crystal. Sure sprits yourself with a cleansing spray. It's giving capitalism with a lady.
Speaker 2: Before you even get to cleanse it, I want to find my aura, like where is that article?
Speaker 4: Won't be able to look at you and be like, oh, yeah, your aura is red.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was red. Finally, do an aura combing exercise. Sit in a comfortable position and focusing your intention to comb away negative energy. Then cup your hands and brush them over your energy field surrounding your entire body. Imagine yourself brushing away negative energy and stress. Then wash your hands to get rid of the negative energy. Walk in the round ground yourself.
Speaker 4: Walk them there you go.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't hate base, have it done? Reiki?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it good? What do you know?
Speaker 4: Just kind of like hover their hands over here. I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: I'm more like a more like a different kind of wo woo, not like a whim hoff breathing reiki.
Speaker 3: Kinesiology woo woo. I'm like a which is a real woo woo oh wow. Okay, yeah, yeah, different, I mean different esiology. I like someone focusing on my aura.
Speaker 4: You're like Gwyneth Paltrow kind of woo woo. And I'm like your aunt.
Speaker 2: You go and see once every two years, and when you were born, she got an astrology book made for you that she's gonna give to you when you're eighteen.
Speaker 3: Okay, one's really cool, one's really lame. Well now maybe okay, maybe next week I'll go and get a Rakie healing on everywhere.
Speaker 4: You're going to try some new things and bring them.
Speaker 3: Back to the company dollar on the company dollar? Can I get that on my Medicare benefits?
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast for more. She needs Deca on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio