Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts. You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free I Heart app. Got anything, gag Hey?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast Friday Morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rio, good morning, Welcome to your weekend, Patrina, Joe and yours to Christian. What are you up to, Patty?
Speaker 3: It's Audrey's birthday? Oh I've got a fourteen year old?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, my strength.
Speaker 1: Got you get into teens now? Congratulations?
Speaker 5: Very different parties. So we have a party every sort of second year, and so we said to it, well, it's very expensive every year. So we said to her, what do you want to do this year? Like, what did you have in mind? And she said, you know, mom, I just want to go shopping with the girls. So she's going shopping.
Speaker 1: Very strong and any of you one of the girls.
Speaker 4: No, So this is the thing.
Speaker 3: So we're having a lunch.
Speaker 1: I saw a lord chair chair my heart breaking slowly.
Speaker 5: So there is a lunch before and Chris insisted last night, no not just at the local pizza shop.
Speaker 1: Wow, so you can have to lang them every week. Your daughter turning this significant birthday just took the local piece of sticks on Mom and Dad.
Speaker 3: Chris thought.
Speaker 5: He said, if we booked the table, I said, yes, yes, it's all done, and Audrey goes, Dad, you're not you realize.
Speaker 4: You and Mum aren't on the table.
Speaker 1: With all of this, I remember suddenly being at that point where you would drop and go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he he'd sort of like get a clue, Chris, He's, well, like it was genuinely shocked us with us there.
Speaker 1: It's really still you understand, but it's hard.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Is ver I remember when we had one of those can you just drop and go and then you have to sort of you have to then come back and obviously pay is this then it picks up stuff and then it's like come on the car around the corner, don't park up the front either.
Speaker 6: Well, you don't even have a seat at the restaurant.
Speaker 1: You don't want us there are style.
Speaker 4: So we might go to the movies and see Karate Kid.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yes, I really want to see that. Oh that's a good time for youase awesome, everyone's happy with that.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I hope it's good. Is it good?
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's had great reviews? Yeah, Okay, So we're fine, and tell me this, how do you feel having a fourteen year old daughter? Now?
Speaker 5: You know? I, oh, gosh, You've got me on the fly because I feel it's just this rush of you know, I didn't know that things were going to be for the last time. So we're feeling that very very strongly, and I'm going to get emotional. And next year she might be looking at doing exchange overseas and that that for me, like I'm actually feeling myself flushing up. It's fly, dirty fly I want her to have. Of course, all those experiences.
Speaker 1: Still breaks, but it's the right kind of heartbreak.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I know it's heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: How how has it gone so fast?
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you now as well, just save everything and there are suddenly that all these lasts so you don't even know they are the last. But also you've got all these you've got all these firsts as well.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: And that's what people forget. We're very good at knowing what we're going to miss, but you don't really think about what you're going to get. And there are loads of really great firsts all coming up as well.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing.
Speaker 5: That was such a mishmash because especially as both you know, busy working parents, you are just it's like a marathon, especially doing you know, breakfast hours.
Speaker 1: It's just running a business together. It really was.
Speaker 5: It was just getting to Friday and then you've got the weekend to rest and recuperate, and so you kind of felt like it was a rush of first steps. And Chris said to me the other night, actually he said, I don't remember Audrey starting to crawl.
Speaker 3: How did she crawl?
Speaker 5: I know she didn't like, it wasn't traditional all. Force said, I don't remember it, And I said, don't feel bad because I don't remember her first stick.
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't know. I know it's really frightening. And you suddenly think, oh my god, I'm now like my parents. You know where she get anoy going. How could you not remember?
Speaker 5: But I should remember that, And I feel like a bad parent for it. It's like if only if you could just have that that time there. Yeah, I think everyone feels the same do Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's incredible, But what I will say is like they put too much emphasis on like you know, Gole's camping trips with your kids. But I caught it like quality junk time. And actually some of the some of the best times with the girls, they just want you to hang out with them. It isn't really about what you're doing. And so some of my favorite memories really my time being a dad, it's actually just been on a couch, laughing, watching TV with snacks. In fact, if that if I had to choose how I ended this world, it'd be on a couch with the kids, snacks and a glass of wine as well, it will be doing that that, So just save all Yeah, and also you've got loads more You've got loads more time ahead.
Speaker 3: It just you know, it feels like it's slipping through.
Speaker 1: And also I stood also you know, we're dealing with Ruby's turning twenty one in a couple of weeks time. So actually I'm having to sort of what I'm saying to you as one to say, just remind yourself that you're lucky that you've got kids that have made it this far. Yes, you know, because there are so many parents that actually get so far into it and then have access. And so I'm also counter my blessings. I've got an eighteen year old and an almost twenty one year old. Wow, what a ride. Yeah right, I just have so much gratitude. Yes, of course, but wow, we so she might be leaving for a while.
Speaker 5: Next year, yeah, next year, sometime next year. I think it's around Easter time.
Speaker 1: So let's make sure we all take that time off the show and speaking to you you listener as well. Maybe we do a separate radio show. But Tel pouts allway, because we're all going to be going through that. They're all going to be going through that fly bony fly.
Speaker 3: Got along servicely up my sleeve.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh, you must probably be in touched like two hundred years.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll go that.
Speaker 1: Was meant as a joke. Lady kids following us around the said Italian market looks awfully like your mum in a beretster. Well, i'll tell you what. Enjoy the weekend and enjoy.
Speaker 3: It, will I will?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you're a great mum. She's lucky to have you. And Chris's parents.
Speaker 3: We're very lucky to have her.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: They just surprise you sometimes by some of the things they say, and you think, wow, you're so mature, And I don't know why. We think we kind of not talk down to them, but we probably.
Speaker 3: Don't give them. I don't know, the not.
Speaker 5: The gratitude, but the benefit of what they what they're taking in and how they're seeing the world.
Speaker 4: And you know, really it's.
Speaker 5: Our it's our benefit because we've learned so much through her and see the.
Speaker 1: World's honestly, that's such a true thing. The biggest teachers in my life for my kids.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Still, I've learned more about myself through being a parent. And also when you drop off tomorrow and she doesn't want you there, that's a sign that you've done a good joint, honestly, because you do see other kids that aren't there, and I actually feel sorry for them because actually that's not doing it right. If you've done it healthy, they should feel real looved and safe when you're not there. It shouldn't be that they have to have you around to feel safe, exactly. So, even though you will be a bit like bloody, ell, go and join the US. Git. Yeah, that's her karate Git, they're going day drinking again in that ninety all right, we'll get into double thumbs up coming up next to Patsy enjoying tomorrow and hebe already has a great birthday, all right. Coming up in next tent and Gold one I four point three. We'll get into this week's double thumbs up when we go around the team. And two what the things that we're enjoying this week?
Speaker 2: It's Gold Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Friday morning time for double thumbs Up. This is where we go around the team, Me, Rio and Pats were talking about the things we're enjoying this week, all right for me? Then two TV shows. One, we just finished a brilliant, brilliant bri This is my favorite drama of the year. Department Q.
Speaker 6: I've heard about it.
Speaker 1: Wow, we what a great show. Ended brilliantly as well, sets up neatly for the second season based on a series of ten Booksfully, there's going to be a couple more seasons to go. Great cast, but just a really really smart thriller where you've got no idea. You can't say yeah, yeah, I saw that coming. My wife was trying to do that. Yesterday. We actually had an argument on the counch my wife and I and my wife actually said this to me, come on, you gotta be honest. She goes, this is one of my wife's catchphrases, other than I told you so and admit I was right. Is come on, she said, I'd be a better detective than you. What Alex, Yeah it is. I took it personally. Team but anyway to Apartment Q. I cannot recommend that show enough on a Netflix. And then we watched a really, really a fascinating documentary about a really sad story two years ago. Do you remember the Ocean Gate disaster?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, yes, the submarine.
Speaker 1: Submersible and there were five people that lost their lives. They've made a documentary about it called Titan, and it is fascinating. Oh my god. It's sadly a story of billionaires who are entitled and ignoring experts. It's a hard watch time, but it is fascinating and gripping. It feels like a story of our time as we're surrounded by these billionaires with way too much power. You watch a guy who actually ruined people's lives and it's a sad, sad ending to it, but there's something really timed and it's such a well made story. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 8: It was so chilling at the time because I remember we all knew how long they were down there and how much oxygen they.
Speaker 1: Had and there were rumors about the noises of clanking down there. I'd forgotten about it, even though it's only two years ago, because there's so much history that's happening right now in our lives. It's got so much change, so I forgot. Oh my god, that was two years ago, and I didn't realize at the time they were dying they were going down to the site of the Titanic.
Speaker 6: Is that what it was?
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 6: Forgot one of them.
Speaker 5: Was it a great or great great grandparents had been on Titanic or something?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, So it's strange that it happened near you know it was it was multimillionaires who were doing this when it was very rich people that also perished. There were also poor people that were on the Titanic as well. But I can't recommend it enough. It's a hell of a documentary, so well made. It's called titan that's on Netflix. What's it for you? Reo?
Speaker 8: I started watching are finished watching the stand documentary Joe, which just came out about Joe Biorki Peterson, who I honestly knew nothing about. He was the Queensland premier from sixties to the eighties, and he was a tyrant and he ran the sort.
Speaker 1: He had a long run.
Speaker 6: They had a very long run.
Speaker 1: Two decades two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sixty five to eighty seven or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And it is fascinating because it really is, especially living in Trumpian times at the moment, the playbook for Trump and it's absolutely fascinating.
Speaker 1: Save Yeah, I've seen the trainer for it on stand. It looks great.
Speaker 8: It's not like you're watching it and it's hard to believe that it's Australia.
Speaker 6: It's crazy the stuff that happened.
Speaker 8: Declared a state of emergency just so the spring Box Rugby tour could come over. He was high one of the most polarizing political characters of our time and I knew.
Speaker 1: Nothing about that in twenty years time when there'd be Dan Andrews once. Because anything you're saying, you can place that with his name with Dan Stave emergency. I'm getting PTSD. We shut the city down. Two people aren't well.
Speaker 6: But ye highly recommend it's on stand. Australian original documentary. Richard Roxbury's Grove incredible.
Speaker 1: Ah. He's such a great ossy actor, isn't he? Yes from Rake Rape so fantastic. In the Crown.
Speaker 6: Oh he was in the Crown.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, such a good actor. We'll take about when we come back. We'll ask Patsy what's she into at the moment, and please tell us what TV shows or movies are you enjoying at the moment. What do you recommend? Text me four seven five three one o four.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show. We're doing double thumbs up. We go around the team talk about the things we're enjoying this week. It's a demonstration coming up now with r Patsy. Patsy, what have you got?
Speaker 3: I've got an avocado?
Speaker 5: Seriously, is this not the I reckon I've discovered the best avocado.
Speaker 3: Looks beautiful, it's beautifully shaped.
Speaker 6: You are you know that's a perfect.
Speaker 1: An avocado.
Speaker 8: If you guys could see this avocada, it is a good one.
Speaker 1: It's got money, it feels like it's got a good half to it.
Speaker 4: And you know, summer either too squishy or hardest rock.
Speaker 3: This is absolutely perfect.
Speaker 5: So my friend Pado reckons that she has coined the perfect way to get the pip out of the avocado. Because you either you can cut your hand like you have to flick it out and then you get all mark on your hands. So this is great for radio because there's no pictures. But basically, so you're cutting in the middle. I'm cutting in the middle demonstration, right, Okay, so it's cut you twist.
Speaker 1: On the floor for someone to fall on and hurt themselves.
Speaker 4: Look at the size of the pip in it.
Speaker 5: It's like a tennis ball, so perfect. Avocado, absolutely sensational. Right, So normally I would get the knife and go did you do or try and dig it in and annoying?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, over, flip him over onto.
Speaker 5: His belly, turtle and just like you're burping a baby, give him a little windy and squeeze and I really hope this works.
Speaker 1: Wow you know, wow, wow, waste of radio time. We're not getting back. I liked it. We just get a spoon and do it.
Speaker 6: You lose some of that two mills and avocados.
Speaker 1: Getting back. No, no, no, radio lost, double thumbs down, double thumbs down, double bumbs down. No do the news.
Speaker 2: You're welcome Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, thank you very much for your recommendations and double thumbs up. I'm currently halfway through a season of a very sad story. It's called the Carton Football Club. Do not watch it.
Speaker 6: Two thumbs down.
Speaker 1: Wow yeah, so, oh my god, don't air any more of their games this season. Seriously, that's no one's idea, even the club, the fans out of a fun Thursday night.
Speaker 6: It's not even funny anymore.
Speaker 1: It's just sad. No, I feel sorry for the fans. Patsy. I just remembered, obviously already turning fourteen tomorrow, I've brought a book in for you. Actually, this my wife and I have kept. Actually it's called Being Fourteen by Madonna King, Helping fierce teens become awesome women. I suddenly remember that this book literally was a bible for Sarah and I. If you've got daughters who are becoming teenagers, this book is incredible changed the way we raised our daughters. So Patsy and has my gift to you.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you. That is fantastic.
Speaker 1: A message went around the team late last night, chilling one very good Patsy's birthday. Oh my god, she's a monster at the best time, perhaps just the first time we've been on air for your birthday. We're not really on a break.
Speaker 5: I know, you know today, so my birthday is today in audience tomorrow. She's nearly born on my birthday.
Speaker 1: This is incredible, I know.
Speaker 5: And you know what, it's funny because you know the struggle we had to get Audrey. She took five years Chris and his mum was.
Speaker 1: To get her out. She didn't want to have out. There was this cozy in that so long old birth it was past was in labor for five years. That's why she's a little bit cranky.
Speaker 5: No, Chris and his mum were the same, so she was born Christmas even then Chris on Christmas Day, and I think it was something spiritual because she had passed by the time we got pregnant with Audrey. I think she had something to do with it. It was just coincidental that we also share our birthdays, as Chris did with his mum. But Ud said to me last night, you know, Mum, this is the first time in fourteen years, in all of my life that we haven't woken up together on our birthday together. And Bak it's normally survey break, but I think it's also like it's also a transition of her maturing and getting older. It's like that separation is real because we're not waking up together.
Speaker 4: But it's beautiful to share a birthday with her.
Speaker 1: Now I understand the other day we didn't get it real when pats was talking about how much it meant to when someone sent her a photo of an old boat called Patsy. Yes, you know, we didn't know at the time that she was staring at the barrel and so you see an ancient old still Reddick is one of those is called it. And now I understand what she's like. That's me but still sailing beautiful, Oh yes, but still going strong.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 1: Podcast just mentioned we are all in d DF Double Denham. I just realized now what I'm really why about? What if something? You know, there's a lot of news going on this week. Anything could happen. Obviously during today's show, suddenly something very serious happens. We have to then talk about the show, and then all the all video shows I was included are filmed. There's then a clip that goes up and I'm in Triple denhim archival footage, and there'd be no explanation of why I look like that. People just thought, My god, that guy really love the eighties rocking it in twenty twenty five when World War three broke out? Why was he in triple denim? History will look poorly the judgment, it will judge us. All right, now, pats Now on your birthday another treat. Yeah, how do you fancy being a guinea pig in our quiz? Oh?
Speaker 4: I love yeah, I love quizzes.
Speaker 1: Great, Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Only on the twe we were talking about the history of the great Aussie phrase yeh nap. We've decided to turn it into a quiz. The yen R quiz We're thinking is you have to give a wrong answer, Patsy. It's tougher than you think to the questions that I've got, Okay, so you have to give an immediate wrong answer. Wrong answers are right. That is the year quiz where Nah wins prizes. Okay, so every right answer Patsy gets you win a dollar. Get that money from I don't know, Okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's do it now. The reason why I've chosen Patsy and not Yurio is Patsy is a perennial evergreen choker with quizes under pressure. So I don't think I don't think we'll be getting more than five bues. I think we're safe. The bank of the show is going to be Okay, Patsy, are you ready to play?
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: So, I'm gonna ask you a question. You have to give me an immediate wrong answer my immediate name? Name a country beginning with gham? Do you know what you know? Owe me a dollar?
Speaker 4: I'm paying you nothing.
Speaker 1: What you should do? Screw it up?
Speaker 4: I was half a sleep.
Speaker 1: I should took a time, which is a good answer.
Speaker 4: No, let's go okay, if it was wrong, answers.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, a strong All right, let's play a game. All right, So they quiz where nah is right? So wrong? Answers are right with this quiz? Pats you ready?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right, let's go again. My friend name a boy band?
Speaker 4: Oh, queen?
Speaker 1: Okay? What's the main ingredient in tomato? Soup?
Speaker 4: Broccoli?
Speaker 1: What do you use to boil water?
Speaker 3: Apple?
Speaker 4: Juice?
Speaker 1: That's very good, you get it now. What shape is a donut?
Speaker 6: Pant Oh?
Speaker 4: I think it is octagonal.
Speaker 1: What does a barber do mo's lawns? What does a dentist look after ah cows. Yeah, well done, Patsy.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now the entire team have all come in. We are all rocking double denim. As she came in in triple townim shirt, jeans and a denim jacket as well. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we've gotta be honest breaking out the double d again. It felt good. This was my era, yeah, the eighties, Patsy, how are you feeling rocking the double denim?
Speaker 4: They are very comfortable, very at Huh.
Speaker 1: Do you feel a bit too casual because every day when you come in you are smart, You're on points. This just feels like, you know, when I saw you today didn't feel right. I felt like a teacher would come at the weekend to do it. Clear up. No, I feel pats is always on points, she's good or is actually today doesn't feel right? Really?
Speaker 3: The news my performance.
Speaker 1: We have a sport, but that's that's a different thing. I don't think it's a denim. It just feels too casual to do that, to present the news serious at the moment Israel and you're rocking double denim today in eighties news.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I feel quite good in my skin today.
Speaker 1: But I'm looking around the team. The team look all good. However, yesterday, when we were talking about that we're doing DDF Double Denim Friday, Hang, let me just play the production.
Speaker 8: It's blue one blue like it's eighty two.
Speaker 6: Dendem Dynams. Might it looks so bad by the way.
Speaker 1: I gote email from one of our listeners, James, who said, I'm not sure if you know DDF is an adult movie company. Oh no, James, if you know that, keep it yourself. You don't want someone like me reading it on the radio that you know about that, because if you know about that, you know you know, and you don't share that knowledge with a city. James, I don't even want I was going to google where I go. Some threads aren't meant to be pulled, so I speak. I really don't want to find out the answer to what does that stand for? What happened? Anyway? What I'm saying is yesterday a lot of you said, Hey, Christian, I'm with you. I'm going to rot the double Donnie, where are you now? I'm here all alone in Double Dnham. There's I'm not seeing any photos for my listeners, not.
Speaker 8: One on socials, not one on text email.
Speaker 1: No Canaan even said so just Kennan said, you know, maybe get hashtag and then when they're posting the photos want we don't worry about that than there are no photos.
Speaker 6: It's not going to be trendy.
Speaker 1: The only people doing this are us. That she's something really sad. I've actually knows how going home. I'm getting the train back today that I can't explain to people why I'm in triple Jeni with white trainers. What was the funny thing in the under the cover of darkness? Now when it's daylight just looks like this doesn't look right.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be embarrassing.
Speaker 1: It's an embarrassing So please success today for this is one of our listeners rocking double day. Please please, please please If you're rocking double Dner and let us know, okay, text me oh four seventy five three one oh four three. By the way, did everyone get their ACDC tickets?
Speaker 6: Ah? Yeah, you've got yours. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: It took an hour and got them to this Sunday.
Speaker 1: Show, very doing extra shows.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they announced a second, a second and finally Sunday.
Speaker 3: Which works better for us.
Speaker 4: Than a school night. So we're very excited.
Speaker 1: A Sunday. What better we've got to show the next day?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, but it's better than a Wednesday night with school because you've got work in school back to back.
Speaker 4: But at least on the Sunday.
Speaker 1: We don't need any more Patsy from pats Maths. That's my picture on the show. All right and email me okay, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com. Today you not information about the adult movie company? Did he? But someone is enough listener today in that denim thank.
Speaker 2: You The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm poised in front of my inbox. I'm monitoring the phone lines, the text, the fax machine. Not a single Solos rock in double dinnim today. It's just nine of us an entire city. It's like a sad fancy dress party.
Speaker 8: Can I just say, I'm so jealous that you guys just got to wear this every day?
Speaker 1: In the eighties the best I think, more than I think the seventies and the eighties, out of all the decades, had had the best look. I couldn't even describe, like if we were doing old dress up as the nineties would be like an oversized shirt, banking oversize but not fun. Yes, eighties looked good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you guys look like you were having a good time.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it was the best, was it? Fashion?
Speaker 5: The eighties was freedom to do what you wanted to do and just have hair as big as you want it, like no limits.
Speaker 1: Yes, everything was big, the hair, the attitude as well. We sound like an eighties It was big, the hair, the eighties. All right, yesterna our show. We were taking you back to playgrounds and we're trying to design our eighties playgrounds. We're asking you what happened to be in an eighties playground? This is way before health and safety. Paul dangerously assembled rocking horse that randomly spits out a kid onto the concrete and see pull You're right. Concrete, not the bouncy stuff they get now velvet. You know, concrete, duncan. What about those nutty rowing swings You sat upposite each other and roade pushed with your feet to get it going. You could get it really high, and if an unsuspected child were a little too close to it, they would be decapitated. Lucy dog turds that have somehow turned whites Christian. I think I've ever seen this phenomenon anywhere else. On my local playground in the eighties, You're right, used to see white dog poop.
Speaker 4: Because no one picked up after they do.
Speaker 1: But why was it white? It's not white anymore? What happened? What were they? What were our parents giving dogs in the eighties that they had white poo poos? Yeah, you don't see a white one. I'd love to watch Antiques Roadshow and some older put out of a handbag a white dog tug, you know, and them evaluating it, going, my god, I haven't seen one of these. It's from the turn of the eighties. Beautiful, It's been in the family long, balance, Sarah Christian, What about the wooden roundabout, which at best would give you a splinter or worse to throw you off at high speed. Everything in that eighties playground, right, could just eject anyone at high speed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and as a kid, you had an innate knowledge of gravity and speed. Like most trampling, you knew exactly how to tie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, other kid. And the other thing ilmost thinking about yesterday after the show was do you remember there would be a really, really big rivalry when you're playing with your mates on a playground and then kids some another schoolcare Nothing got more tribe in life, forget about Rather and Israel than when the rival school kids from the rival school. Nothing was said, but it was hanging the tension. Wasn't it intense rivalry? Just because those kids had a different blazer to yours?
Speaker 11: How do you remember that? Was so like, oh my god, look at them, Oh god, it's the boys and Westgates third. Yeah, all right, yesterday. Then, so lines are up in now thirteen fifty five, twenty two. What would have to be in an eighties playground if we're going to recreate it. The other thing is we want to speak to people who have an injury. So maybe you're still carrying it to this day. You're a victim of an eighties playground. We have some great stories. Yesterday, I was on top of the.
Speaker 10: Monkey bars and I squeezed between the two pieces of water and rich my eyelids.
Speaker 7: Monkey bars, two children zero. I think I was trying to qualify as pic him nest and I went to lean underneath and do a maneuver called the waterfall, and I slipped and I ended up landing on the ground with my wrist underneath me snapped into.
Speaker 12: It was actually my sister.
Speaker 13: My teacher was actually trying to teach her how to use the massive, big trampoline.
Speaker 12: She was trying to be.
Speaker 9: A smart Alex.
Speaker 13: So as she rolled over to come off, she bit through a tongue. She had stitches and she couldn't talk for six weeks.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't want more of that eyelids biting through tongues. We are talking about playgrounds that we grew.
Speaker 2: Up with Christian Connor show podcast.
Speaker 1: Not a single photo of anyone else in Double Down Him today. However, I have had a photo come into my inbox someone listening to me ten minutes ago saying, whatever happened to white dog poop outwalking their dog? Lumberhold, I've seen white dog poop. Wow. But you do not need to send me a photo and put it in my imbox with any rom image exciting, thinking, Oh I don't, I'm like I thought first, it was someone that wasn't a fan of the show. You can't unsee that early in the morning.
Speaker 6: We didn't ask for you as I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Just take it as reds. I don't want to eat pits of dog pood clogging up the inbox.
Speaker 6: You shouldn't have to say that, No, I should.
Speaker 1: You think that. We just have some kind of etiquette between us listeners. All right, So we're taking you back to the old playgrounds that we grew up with when they're a lot more lethal dangerous Free range was now they are and rightly so obviously now they are very well run and also they seems to have like big budgets, don't they ye shiny? There's nothing old or I've never seen anything rusty. The paint was, it felt like it arrived rusty. Nothing was ever brand new. There was no moment where this was pristine and it was all like knacked. Even that that silver slide was like people attacked it with hammers or something, all like k Yeah. The other thing is like do you remember it? Also some of it used to be smeared with dog excrement as well too. Yeah, Christian, our playground's main feature was a mound of dirt and it's fun Christian. You could walk up and stand on the top some days roll down. Playground budgets were not what they are now from Paul Nicole. As kids, we grew up with a wizzieds around metal spinning thing with mesh on the top. We used to lie under and kick it with our feet to make it spin faster. Christian dog food in the eighties and nineties had a very high levels of bone mill which led to the white dog poo Wow.
Speaker 6: Fact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you very much for the size behind white dog poop. All right, let's say some calls right now. Who we got here? Michelle, good morning, Michelle, good morning.
Speaker 14: How are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're good. And Michelle, what do you remember the old playgrounds that we grew up with.
Speaker 14: Well, I impegrated to Australia in the eighties and we went to a place called Monash Playground in South Australia.
Speaker 1: Now this came up a couple of times yesterday. It's like Folklore's.
Speaker 14: It was the most incredible playground it was. It was so dangerous, it was perfect in every way.
Speaker 1: They should reopen it, you know, like Disneyland, danger Land, dismal Land.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at a photo of it now, Michelle.
Speaker 8: It's got these probably three or four massive, massive, massive, four or five story purely metal slide.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No railings, no, no, no, no no, and way too line for little people.
Speaker 14: He used to actually eject offer and jump the other waves. It was increcibly drange.
Speaker 1: I was this legal? Yeah, but as a kid, I bet you, I bet you counted down the day so you go mat that monass playground. I just love to Yeah, Michelle, thank you sorry, Yeah.
Speaker 14: That's all right. The spinning tops were the best.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, Michelle, thank you very much. Just go to Andrew. Good morning Andrew, Christian, that's good morning. How are we Good morning, Andrew. Welcome to the show so old school playgrounds? What used to be there? Christian?
Speaker 12: Let me just paint the picture. Christmas holidays. Family of six kids, brothers and sisters off to the playground at the caravan park. Mum and dad say, look after the little sister getting at the big slide for someone no reason, Christian, you can picture this. Why did we always want to climb up the slide the opposite.
Speaker 1: Way rather than totally forgot?
Speaker 12: Yes, standing at the bottom of the slide watching us boys go up and down, she wants.
Speaker 1: To show off.
Speaker 12: Down the slide comes a boy smack seat straight into her front.
Speaker 1: Please human temp in Bolden, you're going to fly off like as Yeah.
Speaker 12: Taking the teeth down probably swallowed them where they are planning face back to mom and dad years of school photos with no front team.
Speaker 1: They would have taken years so that the new ones had come through.
Speaker 12: I'm supposed to be the big brother.
Speaker 6: What was the punishment, Andrew? Surely you're grounded for something now what back up that?
Speaker 12: I do remember Mum and Dad thinking, what have you done? Wasn't me?
Speaker 1: It wasn't me, Andrew. Thank you very much the story mate. Have a good weekend, thanks guys. Good morning, Ollie good Yeah, we're good. Ol So old school playgrounds.
Speaker 9: Yes, so, back in the day we had those wooden sea saws.
Speaker 1: You remember that one, Yes, yeah, wood and you get splinters, yeah, really dangerous.
Speaker 9: Yeah yes, And in this case they were supposed to have the tires underneath him, but I'm pretty sure that somebody came and stole them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 9: So me and my mate were playing on the sea saw and he decided he wanted to get off at the bottom while I was still at the top. Yep, and he got off. I dropped. I hit the grounds and I felt this huge shiver up my spine and I realized my tailbone was broken.
Speaker 1: How many times does a kid did we land on our backside to get that author and goes right up your spine. Yeah. Literally, you can't breathe for a couple of seconds. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I sort of just rolled off in pain and I thought I could stand up, but I couldn't, So at that point I just had to go sit in like one of those doughnut pillows for about six to eight weeks.
Speaker 1: What poor thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so it was pretty rough, but got it done.
Speaker 1: Well done, all right, Ollie, thank you very much, the story mate, have a nice weekends a babe.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show Gone podcast, Christian.
Speaker 1: Nothing beats being at the bottom of the sea saw while your mate was at the top, and all of a sudden you jump off and you watch your mate go dropping down on their ass. You're right. It's how they came up. The idea for Royal rumble w Joes, a billion dollar franchise, was basically just McMahon seeing that in playgrounds, going could we do some of the men being dropped on their ass as well? That's what the whole empires built on there. You're at that that pain. How many times theres a kid would you end up smashing on your backside? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Your butt copped a lot.
Speaker 1: Yes. The other thing I think most injured area as a kid, the knees.
Speaker 6: Oh, yes, great, I don't think there was a.
Speaker 1: Week where I didn't have grazed or cuts knees. You remember. All right, let's get into this week's people play this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choosing the music and just when hit eh.
Speaker 12: Somebody pay the station chatting lay the people's play Listen, Christian.
Speaker 6: Calling right now?
Speaker 1: When help?
Speaker 9: Christian?
Speaker 6: Big the songs for Friday show.
Speaker 1: All right, so twenty minutes time from eight every Friday on the Christian O'Connor Show, we give you a theme. You pick all the music, big songs. Now. This theme has come from a mind of producer Tina aka Inspector Pika Chow. She's back with a brand new case. What is it? She herself hit her self with the headphones. Oh, it's a very strong team I have around me. Now, Tina, if you've recovered from those very dangerous headphones. I'm a little confused about how best to explain the theme today, Tina. I like the theme, but two to.
Speaker 4: Two two two two too so to t w O true T double O or two T O.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of explaining, isn't it your next hour.
Speaker 6: Two two or two yeah to two.
Speaker 1: If you just tuned into radio station right in the morning, you're tired, it's a Friday. Would you understand that, hey, cording this morning with songs are to tow two? So what is he saying? Triple two like triple zero? When then I go no, like t o t or the number two?
Speaker 6: Yeah, homophones? Does that make it clearer?
Speaker 1: Hom Again, that could sound I'm not saying that today, all right, that could sound confusing, most pronounced. I don't want people get the wrong idea about today's show, all right. So normally with this perhaps he goes down a real one oh one, it's something very obvious. But this week you've gone with something completely like the Left Field.
Speaker 4: Very funny, two strong hearts, John Farlo, Oh no, you have it?
Speaker 1: Oh cool? Played it yesterday?
Speaker 4: Such a great song.
Speaker 3: It's still my favorite of his.
Speaker 4: Number two best selling Ozzie album of all time?
Speaker 1: Is that wrong?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Guess what good?
Speaker 1: Number one is a CDC.
Speaker 4: Don't think Australian. Oh so it can be any.
Speaker 1: Artist could be forever Michael Jackson.
Speaker 5: It will surprise you bout out of Hell by meat Life. Really best selling album. Of all time in Australia twenty five times platinum. Whispering Jack by John Farnham second best selling album but best selling for any local artist twenty four times platinum.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 6: I would not a guest meat loafe you could have given me.
Speaker 1: Never would have thought that a meatloaf, because two for me is two three ain't bad. I've always thought this. I loved this song right big Saw, theatrical operatic song. I always thought Elvis would have done a great version of this. Elvis vibes to it. I love this song. I just got a flashback too. Did you remember a couple of years ago we did a show, the last one of the year in the London pub. Yeah? Yeah, two listeners sankus didn't they did that? I can't remember.
Speaker 6: I think it was Chris and his friends one of them.
Speaker 1: They both had very good voices, but the big guy that had like Jack black energy.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, they do that, they did. I think they might have.
Speaker 1: Actually, Oh my god, someone remember Ria, what are you going on? Songs with T O or t O O or the numerical two.
Speaker 6: Yes, I have gone with t O yep.
Speaker 8: One of the most underrated songs I reckon of the eighties, A certified booty shaker with a message of restraint. We don't have to take our clothes off, mister Jermaine Stewart.
Speaker 1: They're sent up teenagers tunes. This is a great eighty song. I love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so double.
Speaker 1: You're right, Percy right, it's got the word of double denim alright. Then songs with exhausted in the title or t O in the title or the numerical two. Yes, you'll work it out.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell shout go on podcast.
Speaker 1: From eight this morning. You'll control the music again in the People's playlist the theme today. Then your songs two two two songs are two to two in the title the number two two as in t O and then two as in t O. Christian, what about two funky George Michael G I love this song in nineteen ninety one. Great use of G. I love this song, Alessia and Beerrick. But you're right. That is a banger from George Michael two funky. It's a great song. Long way to the top a C D C. Oh my god, this tastes me out. I had this on vinyl. It takes two rob bass and who was the other fellow DJ Easy Rock good name. You are about to be possessed by the sounds of MC rob Bass and DJ Easy Rocks, and then we go. It takes two to make a thing gol right, it takes two to make a thing out of sight. That's the intro of that song. Please team bring me that clip. It would make me so happy today. Also, this feels way too topical and on the nose.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: The video for this is American Russia Fight Team from the eighties. Yes, it was about the Cold War. Then now twenty twenty five. Guess who's back in the ring? Our old friends America.
Speaker 6: Too Strong Hearts Paty song. Also about the Cold War.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, you're right? Yeah, yeah, yeah, Now I would play this today, but we played it yesterday? Did we played yesterday? Yeah? We did at seven o'clock. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Also about the Cold War?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it is. You're quite right? Yeah, you're right? Real? So is this too funky? Two funkiaks who actually have a war? Come on, guys, is funk own? We have to play this?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is it Rob Bass Rock?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Producers, can you get that? Only twenty seconds to me before the end of the break thank you. This is a little Friday favor Friday favor. There's the benefits you listener. It's just purely for me show maybe making excuse me, and don't you I rate your hips like that? Wow, we threat triple threat. Baby making music. Yeah, that's next Friday's thing. The people's players baby making music. They're taking off. Immediately, I thought we were talking about restraints today. Real very give your pants on pants on Friday. Cheap trick banger two times? And who was this idea? Yeah, you're right, Pats. Who did this? Good draw man, Phil Collins. This one's coming through a lot. These are so many good songs. Actually, let's get to Richard now. Good morning Richard. Good morning Christian Rio, and morning Richard. What do you What would you love us to play? Perfectney queued up Richard, Big fridays on Richard, Thank you very much. Have a great weekend. Rebecca.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Rebecca, Good morning, Happy Friday, Happy.
Speaker 1: Friday, Rebecca. I hope you had a good week. What would you love us to play? Next?
Speaker 14: Do you become one but spode girls?
Speaker 1: Vomit emoji, vomit emoji emoji. Yeah, Pats is right, no vomit Emoi play yourself. You're not stinking up the show with that. Leo. Good morning, Leo, Good morning. How are you going? I'm good Leo. What's a good song that we can play?
Speaker 14: Great eighty songs to fitting with your double dynom day too shy by catcha Google?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is a great song. Nick begs and catch Google too, Shi, Hush hush.
Speaker 4: How do I do? I?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, huge, huge eighty's there they had a banger. That's a great one. Thank you very much, Rebecca. Leo, Good morning Leo.
Speaker 6: Nope, that's Leo.
Speaker 1: No, no, I just was It's a new thing I'm going to do. I said good morning to at the end of the course, you know, so I'll begin it like that, and then when are we doing? Sleepy Celebrities? Where's the beginning team?
Speaker 6: I've got it, apparently.
Speaker 1: Found it. This is it? Okay, So if I remember rightly, it was you were about to be possessed by the sounds of mc rob bass and DJs rock. You were about to bear this is my mastermind, hit it my drop team. Thank you very much for finding that. My weekend is complete.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Things Going from worse to worse for CARLT this year, don't they start the year? They're going to get the flag, this is their year. And then last night, oh boy, and then this morning so they've GOTFITI their own headquarters. It's ended times. Not that. So did someone leave the game, Yes, they very upset, go and get the graffiti paint, and then still had a lot of time to calm down, tet the shoes off, go no, no, no, no, no, I'm going back out there. Who's coming with me? I need someone with the ladder, someone on lookout. So many moments where you could just go, we're not really going to go all the way back now, yes exactly? Or were they out the game and they probably guessed that they were going to lose and have the spray paint ready anyway. But then also I'm not condoning graffiti, but out of all the messages you see, graffiti sacked the board is the lamest one, isn't it. And I mean the finance officer, yeah, he counted, he can bloody go. The fiduciary Cornick, what ISCI? Yeah yeah, yeah, the whole hiderspelled hierarchy, they all got to go sack the board that's the lamest thing, all right. So the other day we were talking about toasters and Patsy was talking about those old fashioned toasts, the kind of had like the double doors. Someone said they've still got one going strong that their parents have had since they got married forty odd years ago. So I want to know, this isn't a time really when things were built to last. These days, like every two years you got to buy and you'll just get updates every couple of months. Your phones. We just now think it's okay every two years to buy a new flipping phone. And there's so much money. Yes, oh now it's like a billion megapixels. Oh my god, I really need that because the cameras are so good anyway, but anyway we do this. Everything now is built in kind of obsolecence. Isn't it to be replaced? We don't think anything of it. But years ago, if you bought washing machine, that was the washing machine you had for the rest of your life, and then you would take it. There's always a guy in the local town. You must have had those pats There was a guy who just repaired everything.
Speaker 5: We had, mister Fryer, and I can still remember his little corner shop. It was like, oh, just this alternate universe. You'd walk in there and there was parts bit's from floors and then you.
Speaker 1: Were Everything was craziest.
Speaker 4: Knew where everything was and there was nothing that you could not take.
Speaker 1: Him toasters, washing machine. He couldn't mend anything.
Speaker 4: It was amazing.
Speaker 5: My brother went to Ballei when I was in about grade six, bought Mom and Dad this cassette radio which still to this day works, but Dad had to take it to mister Fryer to get the proper Aussie extension on it because it had like the Indonesian ports on it.
Speaker 4: He knew how to do that. Like everything he could fix, there was.
Speaker 1: Nothing there not a great example of our high level watch. Change your plug changed the plug? I mean mine, it was blowing right now, but I don't know what you mean. It was mister Howis where we lived, and he was like Patsy said, it was a wise and old man had also had one of those sort of overcoats they used.
Speaker 4: To wear, the gray yes.
Speaker 1: And he had one those ladders where you know they slide it along to get up high and perhaps and with what looked like to us junk coils springs, diodes everywhere, but knew exactly where things were and could repair anything. They were like Swiss army knights of like what is knowledge? What happened to those just sort of just phased out? No one has that anymore.
Speaker 4: We chuck stuff out and get new.
Speaker 1: That's true, all right, so built to last, what is still going strong? So the cassette radio still works, Pats.
Speaker 4: It still works, and mum and dad also.
Speaker 1: Still have I think we said my mum and dad still will he turned into mister Fry. My dad is on the blink. Can you repair my dad? Please come back next Tuesday.
Speaker 5: They've still got the Calvinator fridge that I remember very well that Mum bought when I was fourteen, and it's still working. I remember it well because Mum and had always safe.
Speaker 1: Don't they leak free on? There's some sort of gas, mysterious gas. It's not even on the periodic table.
Speaker 4: She's still got to defrost it because it's not.
Speaker 5: Now we have like automatic you know, we don't have to defrost our fridges now. They do everything for us, don't they. But Mum has to, like once a month, you'll go around there. She'll have towers and stuff around it because she's defrosting the fridge.
Speaker 1: Christian Color Show podcast, Christian, I found my game Boy color from ninety nine in the box the other week. Batteries, some of these fifteen years ago no leakage graphics haven't held up well though, Callum, none of our graphics hold up well, Christian. I have my dad's old chest freezer. Even that phrase chest freezer is old time, isn't it the tucker box that he brought when I was born. It's fifty years old, still going strong. That's from Becky listening to us in wa. Thank you very much, Becky, Christiana. Guy at work still uses what and iPhone six?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is this old timey time traveler? Where anyone come from the eighteen hundreds?
Speaker 4: It's not huggy, is he?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I phoned six. He's not really tech savvy. So I tried to download a few apps. iHeart platform, of course, well done. Wouldn't never be download any new apps because it's so old. It's in a grand scheme of things. It's not antique roadshow? Is it? An iPhone six still works from Do you remember the old? Do you remember the old? Nokia phones? Are one charge a year, Yes, only charged it once a year. They would just run and run and run those things. They're amazing, all right, we're talking about built to last. Sarah, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 10: So I have a dryer that was passed on from my mom. She bought it when she was fourteen, Oh sorry, when I was fourteen, and I've had it for twenty eight years and use it daily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is incredible, amazing. Yeah, we're getting the most common item that people still have that's still running. Well are dryers?
Speaker 6: That shucks me?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I thought that was the first to go because you use them, they're on for hours.
Speaker 14: We used to go.
Speaker 10: My husband thinks we're going to burn down the house. It's not going to do it.
Speaker 1: Great Sarah, thank you very much. You cool mate.
Speaker 10: Have a nice wee can No way, thank you.
Speaker 1: David, good morning. What's still going strong? David O Good I guys.
Speaker 9: We have a microwave that's been running now thirty two years, but.
Speaker 1: It weighs a ton of well, those old school microwaves used to be really big as well.
Speaker 12: That's a little one.
Speaker 1: Oh sharp carousel, I remember the Sharp Carousel. Yeah, it's one of the early ones and we.
Speaker 9: Had a Friday in years changed house, renovated the next house kitchen to make it suit the space for the micromorrow. It's gone another.
Speaker 1: That brilliant David. Thank you very much for your story. Lil good morning to you.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Now is it Little Lilian or Lilabeth? It's little well, yeah, all right and little what's still going strong.
Speaker 7: Close to sixty five years old is mine parents' original upright dryer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See those drys looked to last. Amazing fridge dryer.
Speaker 6: Kid.
Speaker 14: I used to think it was a fridge.
Speaker 1: That phone ain't going strong.
Speaker 2: The Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 1: I still have my original iPod oh classic, love yeah, love that thing so much. Do you know what in terms of what actual technology that makes a big difference in life? I would say when the iPod came along meant more to me than the advent of mobile phones. Yea, oh my god. I even remember the original poster that was one of the greatest adverts I've ever seen. It was your entire record library in your back pocket. Genius that I still got podcasts on their thousands of songs as well, and still got that little yes the caker it had on it as well. It's a brilliant thing. The iPods all right, time wasted today less and show for your wedding movies today. Two hundred and fifty dollars to spend at Cogan. Cogan dot COM's end of financial sale is on now Cogan dot com clicking awesome. Top five biggest factors that impacts whether marriages stay together, getting married after twenty five. I was married at twenty three. Oh well wait, twenty seven years, still going strong, sharing household duties fairly. Absolutely. If it's dirty and grubby, it's mine to do. That's firir having a partner that that's not too good looking. That's why she married me. Always wondered having a cheap wedding couple. This is list couples who spend less than one thousand dollars on their wedding stay together twice as long as those we spend over twenty thousand.
Speaker 4: Really, what are you going to get for a grant that's like a Mecca is happy mirror.
Speaker 1: I'd like to say, honestly, it's I mean, kitin you'll get married next year. I dread to think how much money that is?
Speaker 15: Well over twenty thousand looks like we're not lasting too long.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, isn't it. It's so much money and it's your day, but you're spending all the money for everybody else to have a good time.
Speaker 15: Yeah, but I'm happy to because all all I've ever wanted is to have all my loved ones in one room celebrating my love. And so yeah, I'm happy to spend enjoy.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow. You go and wedding dress shopping with your mom tomorrow. Yeah.
Speaker 15: She flies in this afternoon at three and then yeah, I've got a full day booked in across Melbourne to many many shops.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, have a great day.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 1: We're looking for your wedding movies. Wedding movies? What about easy Brider, your silver Groom with a view, silver plus? Okay, Runner goal and open relationship. I know we have an open relationship. Yea, yeah, very yeah, yeah, Ria, what have you got? Wedding movie?
Speaker 6: Horden hiss I do?
Speaker 1: Oh that's good? Uh? Silver? And you do?
Speaker 6: Frames is getting married?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure, Shank reception, Oh that's brilliant, gold plus, very very good.
Speaker 6: And Billy Crystal is having an Indian wedding.
Speaker 1: Are we sure about that? Yes?
Speaker 6: It's the dress when Harry met Sary Indian wedding.
Speaker 1: Too much, explaining too much, explaining bronze minus whips of Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, please, Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 1: You got your invite to producer Caitlin's wedding. Yeah, of course, perhaps you got.
Speaker 6: Yours too, right, I have ages ago, like a month ago.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 4: Oh that's awkward.
Speaker 6: No, I know for a fact.
Speaker 1: You're advised that took that lady in, gave it home when she had no home, and this is awtually pays you back. Here's what happened. I didn't realize I got a text message a couple of weeks ago, it must have been five or six weeks ago. I thought was spam. That's something like rs VP saved the day and you don't get me like that sort of scam.
Speaker 6: Would that be?
Speaker 1: Well, you gotta watch out them.
Speaker 4: It had a big photo of the two of them, and that's.
Speaker 1: Hardly not mine, you know. Anyway, I deleted it and I only mentioned this yesterday to Kaitlin. I feel yesterday because she must have thought I was like rudely just snubbing, not talking about it, not even replying, and I'm allowed another one. I'm sorry, Caitlin.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you can have another one. I can send it.
Speaker 1: But you said you do that yesterday and I checked that phone. I've had nothing.
Speaker 15: We've been busy last night, Jim and then had dinner with some friends.
Speaker 1: And you even got a minute to send an invite.
Speaker 15: I will send it.
Speaker 6: I can.
Speaker 3: I'll send it today.
Speaker 1: To be honest, Why don't you want me to bloody?
Speaker 4: I sent it to she does number one, top of the list. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Just care.
Speaker 1: I guess you have to otherwise it makes it, you know, just turn up anyway doing donuts out in the car park.
Speaker 4: I'd say, if you haven't responded, that you've effected.
Speaker 1: And we all know it's the worst condor span watch out for those wedding invites spams. People have lost their homes on that, all right, So wedding movies at the time, waste stuff. Let's go best in Show two HUNTI and fifty dollars spent at Cocain dot com Scooby, I do and you very good? Altaheimer No silver open bar, yeah, silver pas. Twenty eight Weddings Later, Indiana Jones and The Temple of Grooms. That is really funny. Who's that? Gareth Panic groom from me pre Nuppenheimer goal, very good Glenn James and giant speech. Oh very good goal and you've got Veil Silver smart all right? Who is best? And show? Who's today?
Speaker 6: Very good? Scooby?
Speaker 1: I do? Yeah? Very good? Andy and Pacinemy or the winner last song for us Today, The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Let's Talk and next week's show Today next week Every single show two thousand dollars A show to be one thanks to seventies. Melbourne with Peter Mitchell live every night at six on seven and seven plus. U Versus News is back.
Speaker 6: You Verse News, Verse News. Will you be Patrina Jones Albo?
Speaker 15: She bet you?
Speaker 1: That's why I come Monday. You're taking on Patsy, Patsy you Versus News. Right now, let's go back to twenty eleven when your daughter Ordie, who turns fourteen tomorrow the year of her birth twenty eleven, Prince William and Kate Middleton got married. Where did they get married?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: That was in? Was it Westminster Abbey?
Speaker 1: Get in? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well I can remember rushing to get home to watch it in time.
Speaker 1: I remember watching it. It was a beautiful wedding. Actually, Johnnie, let's go back to your year of birth. Is your birthday today? Patsy is nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 3: I'll get up at it's seventy two.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, wink wink right that old chestnut? Sure, sure, sure short sure Who became Prime minister in nineteen seventy two?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 3: Malcolm Fraser?
Speaker 1: No goff whitlam? What's it really? So? Is it is to win Patsy his money. Have a great weekend. We're back Monday.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast