Speaker 1: Here in the vast plains of Adelaide, South Australia, two young males engage in an ancient ritual known as a podcast.
Speaker 2: It's purpose to attract mates, and by mates we mean listeners. They're both married, so please don't slide into their dms. Their names are.
Speaker 1: Ben and Leo.
Speaker 3: Goody, their podcaster.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello to you, thank you for listening. Yes, the secret stane finally went.
Speaker 3: Off yep, and it will be revealed in the pod.
Speaker 1: You'll hear it. You'll hear it in there no need for us to you know, stop down on that right now. Is there any any little juicy hooks of things to come in the in the back end of this pod.
Speaker 3: I am going to attempt to do the eyes closed.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, naturally, I mean I think I think every episode now in with you trying to throw ten pieces of paper in the bin from across the room behind the radio desk with your eyes closed.
Speaker 3: Yep. So that'll be the main bit of business. There'll be some Podsquad stuff to read out.
Speaker 1: Wonderful.
Speaker 3: Obviously we'll going in Burl.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we'll gong in you pro Bill Jackson, see what she's got to say?
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it. Enjoy.
Speaker 1: I'm not a dad yet, you are, Ben, I'm getting you know. I'm a bit older though. I mean I've only just hit thirty. But there's certain things I've noticed about my body. I don't know if you've noticed the same. I think my toenails are thicker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they get thicker.
Speaker 1: Is that a thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know people say, oh, your your nose and your ears, they never stopped growing. Yeah, I was. I was ten minutes late for this morning. I needed an angle grinder for my big toils. Couldn't get it, just really like the the I didn't have enough leverage on the nail clipper. It's almost like I needed like a proper gardener used to trim a hedge something with a bit.
Speaker 3: More, they definitely get more like Shelley. Yeah, yeah, what's with that?
Speaker 1: What's with you know? It's like how people can tell like out in the wild, they're like, oh, you know it's you know this particular it's got three rings on its shell, so you can tell you that it's been around. But I think I think that's how they could tell I'm thirty. Just my how how thick my tournails have become.
Speaker 3: Jason in Paralleli giving us a buzz nice and early this morning. First cab off the rank. How you doing.
Speaker 5: I'm not too bad, fellas. I just yeah, so you were giving out the platinum passes yesterday. I just want to know how that we went. Do you feel like there was somebody missing from the from the atmosphere?
Speaker 1: Maybe I see Jason, Jason, you you're feeling a little left out that you weren't in the Platinum lounge yesterday having free subway.
Speaker 5: I here, Oh, I'll wake up at five o'clock to hear you boys and be the first one off the cooler line.
Speaker 3: I am. But Jace, you are you're currently silver? You have you have caught up in early Yeah, why don't we You can be the first player in the quiz this morning. If you can have a floorless run through the quiz, then we can talk about your status.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll take that.
Speaker 1: Ten s ten Well, good morning to Jason, bright eyed and bushy tail. May I add in early doors this morning for the sixteen quiz. We've got five questions here, my friend. It was census night last night. Rather census, ask us a question and we'll answer it.
Speaker 5: Ask you a question, well okay, then all right, uh, all right Ben's favorite song? What's what's Ben's.
Speaker 1: Favorite at the same time?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, three two Chumberwamba?
Speaker 1: Oh nice? Okay, Jason, well done? Okay, hey, look, a video of Queensland Man's a Guinness bar mat has gone viral. What's the game called where you drink a guinness until the head of it is in line with the middle of the g on the glass?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, more guinness, Jase, Mate, I tell you what. I don't think you're quite platinum.
Speaker 1: But you're definitely gold on mate, you keep calling up, you'll be platinum in a loyalty program and no time Marie and Salisbury downs. Do you know what it's called when you drink the guinness to the middle of the g on the glass?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: Have you.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had a pint of guinness before? Get one around? You're laughing gear for you know what's good for you?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Thanks?
Speaker 1: John, surely you know, mate, we can't be crazy.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't know, all right, okay, okay, I don't know. That's not not not people well versed in in pub culture.
Speaker 3: John, this is your first time playing the six ten quiz yes, correct and bombed out in the first question. I mean, can we help you out a little bit? Have you ever heard of it's when you split the split the you're.
Speaker 1: Trying to you're trying to meet the middle of the G on the glass. Slip.
Speaker 3: Play again tomorrow? Okay, try again tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Clint in Smithfield planes put us out of my misery. Hey you well I could split the Adam.
Speaker 8: Come on, what else do you split?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: Has anyone ever been to a pub? Can we move on to Christy and Angelevau? What are you? What are you splitting? When you're trying to get the guinness in line with the G in the middle of the glass. What would you be splitting?
Speaker 9: What do you what's this splitting the g?
Speaker 1: That's the one.
Speaker 3: It's funny thing. He's splitting the G thirteen or one oh sixty five? If you could have played this morning already burnt through a lot of calls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Harry Potter fans have convinced a huge power company to hold a two hundred million dollar project to protect Dobby's grave. It's in Wales on the beach. There After he got shanked and got wet up by Belichicks LaStrange, very sad scene. What would Master have to present Dobby to be free?
Speaker 10: Oh no, Harry Potter is not my thing.
Speaker 1: Sort, and it's making me realize. I'm like, I wouldn't hang out with anyone who's called up this morning because this Guinness and Harry Potter, it's like my whole thing, Trish. Do you know do you know what Dobby? Harry Potter gives Dobby something and then he becomes free and.
Speaker 9: Gallions of week gallons.
Speaker 3: Of a week. Not that maybe you need to change loom.
Speaker 1: Charlie in Christie's Beach? Do you know what what Dobby is given so he could become a free l A sock?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Well, a video has surface sort of Trump hiding in a catering truck to switch planes last month. Can you give us one food most likely that you would have at a party? Sausage rolls yep, yeah, a bit of a finger food.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, your golfer in the US has filmed himself being struck by lightning on the golf course. Wild he is, okay? Can you finish these lyrics.
Speaker 6: In your room of the bottom grease lanning or grease learning?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you have won ten whole rose chickens or the one hundred dollars equivalent from red Rooster.
Speaker 11: How good?
Speaker 3: What do you reckon? You're gonna go the ten hole roast chicks or you're gonna go just like you know, maybe some sides. I can all just chickens, Charlie.
Speaker 1: I love the nineties. I spent the day yesterday dressed up as Leam Gallagher because I do like I do videos in that right, and I don't smoke, but I went my sister does, and I went to her house so if I could borrow one cigarette.
Speaker 3: You already borrow a cigarette.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. Yeah, yeah, you bummed a cigare I bummed a CIGGI so I could smoke in the video.
Speaker 6: Terrible.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't care how people, I don't know. I just kept kept brushing my teeth, and.
Speaker 3: That's how it starts. Right Then Then before you know, on the weekend, you're back there bumming another one.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then next week I get.
Speaker 1: A just fanging for a coffin. Now, either Darry or two.
Speaker 3: Next week you're gonna start coming into work and you're gonna have the little the little square under your rolled.
Speaker 1: Up like James Dean. Yeah, I'm going to take my best girl out for some flapjacks or that thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah snake in the Simpsons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that would do a lot for my look, I think, you know what I mean, if I were to wear tighter white shirts and a little cigaret packet in there making a lot of news for some reason, this guy's stolen a Guinness bar mat the Queensland pub. They've put up the security footage and all the news sites have picked it up and they said it's an Australian and you know, like, personally I wouldn't do it. I would love to have one in my house, but I also feel like, you know what I mean, like it's a giant company handing out it's promotional mat, promotional mats to pubs.
Speaker 3: I would actually go as far to say as it's very Australian. Yeah, to steal the bar matt.
Speaker 1: I it's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Grew up with a group of mates where I've never done it, but I've got a lot of mates who would definitely take the bar matt for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah thirteen one oh six five? What did you just steal?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: We will be the judge on whether you should be shamed or not. I feel like, you know, we don't want people you stole a car or TV, just light fingers, just things where you're like ooh, little little guinness bar Matt.
Speaker 3: I've got a couple for you. I can run past you if you want so. First one's me when I was younger, Me and my mate Puk about eleven or twelve, riding our bikes, took some mail.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a felony. Yep, that's a felony.
Speaker 3: Right, So that's no good.
Speaker 1: What were you what were you hoping? Were hoping someone would be like money in the car or something, probably.
Speaker 3: Hoping for money. And then we opened it, Oh, it's the census. And then we opened it and it was just a bunch of words on paper. And then we actually, I remember, we felt bad. Yeah, we put it back in and then put it back in their mailbox. So that person would have known their male.
Speaker 1: With Yeah, they would have known. They're like, hang on, someone's sampled with my letter from local MP Nick Champion. Why have they done this?
Speaker 3: My brother and his mates came home after a big night out with a trampoline, once a whole trampoline trampoline that that didn't get returned.
Speaker 1: A friend of mine stole some bowling shoes that went bowling and then just took But to be fair, you have to leave your own shoes too, you know what I mean. Trade off, it's a trade off. And then I don't know, I don't know if you would leave the house in bowling shoes because they're kind of like clown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they also they look kind of like it's it's definitely I could see the certain person pulling that off, like if you had that aesthetic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bowling bowling shoe. Look, yeah, if you wear it with like a straight leg pant, you know, it could it could be a vibe.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's male bowling shoes, trampoline. The spectrum is wide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did you steal? Jason? Good morning again in Para Louie. This is your brother. What did he steal?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it wasn't me, of course. So my brothers they were about probably maybe twelve or thirteen, still pretty young. They went down a wile of beach and he's got one beach there and they've seen a nice kayak all harbor it up there, tied up, and they bring it back and stole it. And then I said, oh, we can't take it back there. They're going to recognize this. So they spent all week peeling off the sticks and giving it a nice new paint job, like you know, spend a bit of time on it whatever else. But it was a pretty unique shape. Then they took it back back down to the Jeddy a week later and old mate was still there and he's seen it. It got a little bit angry he stole his kayak back, but he was over the moon at the end of the day.
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 1: That's pretty funny. I always feel like the entire interaction, Yeah, it's quite Australia, but you know, the actual I'm like, oh, kayak, that's you know, that's kind of expensive. That someone's actual being. That sucks, I think.
Speaker 3: But then, like you said, the whole story story to giving him getting a nice ending, Yeah, I think it's pretty Australian. Yeah, yeah, good on your Jason. Good story. Marie in Torrence Park joins us, Now, this was your friend, not you. What do they steal?
Speaker 1: Okay, so the work do.
Speaker 6: And we went to the Adelaide jail for a Christmas party and we've all, you know, we've all had a few and run the bus on the way back home, and our friend stands up and she stole a pair of handcuffs as well as other items from the Adelaid jail.
Speaker 3: You're right, I mean that's a fair game, pretty fair game. It's pretty strange.
Speaker 1: I like, are they like, you know, bloody, these are the cuffs that need Killy was walked to the gallows in the Melbourne you know, you know is that when they sort of was it like a historical thing like a year sim value?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, I don't think so.
Speaker 6: I believe they may have been a plastic ornament displayed, but nothing, nothing serious.
Speaker 3: What else did they take because you said handcuffs and some other things.
Speaker 6: Obviously stuff from the table like salt and pepper shaker.
Speaker 9: A gloss, right, you know, she just pulled out all this stuff.
Speaker 6: She had the smallest bag and we're like, where are you thawing this?
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think she was a kleptomoniac.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like yeah, and I think Producer Bells a little bit like that. She's got light fingers when it comes to cutlery and bits and bobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I've seen some work headphones of her house before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's also an edge sheer and record with nova scratched in the bottom of it. But we'll just keep that Dutch. Let's go the boys looking for it.
Speaker 3: Let's hurt a lunch, lady, Margie. Always a pleasure. How you doing, Maggie, give run and fellows?
Speaker 9: How are you on this beautiful.
Speaker 7: Morning for snowmen?
Speaker 1: Chatting to you? Maggie is so this is your friend? What did they steal?
Speaker 9: Well, she actually was walking, going for a walk around Gauler, and she stumbled across this big cross. So she's dragged her all the way home, stuck it out in front of her house and said to her partner, I'm going to paint this, give it a paint job. Anyway, She's gone off to work. Come on the next day and her husband says, you're in trouble, Belinda. The cobs have been here, picked up the cross, left her a note saying thanks for looking after it. Someone pinched it from the church or the sawbows or something up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean it's not Australia and it feels sacrilegious. Yeah, the symbol of you know what I mean. I mean, like if you if whether you're into that stuff, or not. You're really tempting fate there, you know, that's the devil on your shoulder talking right there.
Speaker 9: I'm just laughing at how big it was in her dragon all the way home.
Speaker 1: That's quite the effort. I mean, Jesus himself, you know, dragged the cross. That was part of the whole thing. The fact that she wanted it enough that she dragged it house is heavy cross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's a burden.
Speaker 1: That's a heavy cross to bear.
Speaker 9: Yes, it was heavy cross to bear, Margie.
Speaker 3: Before you go, I'm wondering we spoke to you, was it yesterday or late last week about the double dog? Did you end up doing the double dog?
Speaker 9: No, the boss hasn't done the double dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for people just tuning in, we did you put in a request. Margie does the lunch fan around Wingfield there for the workers, and we put in a request for them that perhaps they could be not one log of hot dog, mean, but two in the bun And she sort of had a quiet word with her boss. But we'll keep We'll get an update on that in the next week or so.
Speaker 3: Much, you know, Margie, Thank you very much. Freddie my son three years old, pretty excited yesterday I got home after you had the idea that we showed him go to the opening round of the A League. Yes, Adelaide United for Brisbane rules you told him. I told him. He was excited.
Speaker 1: Did you tell him that I'd get him a little tiny kit for his birthday? I did, Yep.
Speaker 3: He said why. I said, he's going to get your shirt and everything. And he said why and I said, well, because the shirt he wants to get you is of Adelaide United team, he said. And then he said, well color is it? And I said red? He said, can he do it green?
Speaker 1: I might have to dig out one of the old goalkeeper kits, might be able to find one on email.
Speaker 3: I broke his little heart and I said, no, the team isn't green. The team's red. And he kind of like you could see his processing it. Hmm.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm interested anything.
Speaker 3: I'll work on that over the next few weeks. Yeah, he is excited.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad he didn't go last night. Unfortunately a two nil loss loss to one of the Vietnamese sides, so it would have been good. We would have been in the Yeah, in the highest league for the Asian sort of Champions League there and then it would have got like one point one million dollars for the club as well, would have been nice.
Speaker 3: Oh wow yeah. But the final, no.
Speaker 1: It's more just like the playoffs. It's like the top teams from around Asia from last season they play off and this is like the qualifiers and then once you get in you can you can work your out. We made it to a final once back in two thousand and eight Gambrosaka, yeah, I was there.
Speaker 3: Who usually wins that? Who would win that?
Speaker 1: These days?
Speaker 3: Best team in Asia.
Speaker 1: These days the Saudi teams because it's like, you know, you've literally got teams that like Ronaldo plays for now it's.
Speaker 3: The Sadi teams in Asia.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, but it's like we we sort of have that. They're they're a part of the same really. Yeah, it's weird. It's weird. Yeah, saw this Seek article this morning.
Speaker 3: It's just like, what are a job a.
Speaker 1: Radio host in other stations? I don't know. It wasn't on secret. It was like, yeah, it just popped up. It does seem.
Speaker 3: Popped up.
Speaker 1: But it's like what all these famous Australians did as their first job. Because Chris Hemsworth, you know, we know him as Thor, But did you know that once upon a time he was cleaning breast pumps for pharmacies.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that was a job, neither did I.
Speaker 1: That's what Chris was doing. You know what his brother Liam was doing? What Baker's delight really and moonlighting out a bowling alley.
Speaker 3: Imagine you go get a six pack of vegimite scrolls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and you go and as you shake his hands, yeah, thanks those scrolls. Mate, you're going to date Hannah Montana. You know what mine blowing sort of scenario there, staying in the food called Margo Robbie. Yeah, she was a sandwich artist Subway, get a Margo, just Italian herbs please, yep. Double chicken.
Speaker 3: For long for meat, thanks Margot.
Speaker 1: Fistful of ham, no cheese, three cookies. Hugh Jackman, he was a clown and a pe teacher.
Speaker 3: Hugh Jackman was a pea.
Speaker 1: Jackman was a pe teacher. Good for sake for it, I guess yeah, it sort of gives everyone hope. Nicole Kidman trained as a remedial massage therapist.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Rebel Wilson worked as a dog handler.
Speaker 3: Sounds like she was working at a food truck giving her hot dogs.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no. She was yeah, junior dog handler. So I don't know actually what that entails, but I suppose like walk dog walking dogs dogs. And she worked at the cinema as well. Kate Blanchette worked in aged care and Eric Banner worked at the Castle Hotel in Melbourne as a bartender. Was it was your first job the dairy farm.
Speaker 3: No, it would have been laborer for a brother in law.
Speaker 1: Same, but my cousin in law, my cousin's husband, I was a the Builders laborers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was in school and I didn't like her. And then school I went to Google High. They had this program where if you got your parents' permission in year nine, you could cut the hours back to three days a week. But you were a Builders labor you had to have like you had to be training in an occupation. So I was doing three days a week at school in year nine I think it was, and then two days a week I was working with my brother in law.
Speaker 1: I found that I liked the labor stuff for a little bit because I could just listen to my music and just sort of sweep stuff and just keep to myself. And then then I started getting really bored with it, and a couple of times I was caught just sleeping on some insulation in a quiet room like bagged bagged installations actually super comfy. And I've told you this before. So but I found a bag of copper that one of the guys on site was saving to take in a scrap and I I took it and then he was like, few, yeah, I don't think he suspect did me, but he was throwing things around and I had to sneakily like get it from the car back to where he left it without him saying Census day yesterday. Have you done it yet? Ben?
Speaker 3: I have not done it. I don't know. Yesterday was the big census day. We've got ads on the station plane saying do your census. I just didn't get time. Yeah, I didn't do it.
Speaker 13: I didn't do it either, pretty rebellious whatever, whatever, Yeah, whatever, I'll get around to it. Maybe produce a bell. Have you done the Census?
Speaker 12: I've done the census?
Speaker 1: Last night, Nerd Nerd, Nerd Nerd. You're sitting on the front of the bus. Were at the back of the US smoking. Haven't done the census is hair just like, let me just get some paper, nerd, What do you mean done the census? When did you do it when?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was supposed to do it, and you were supposed to do it last night about six.
Speaker 3: Pm, and I bet you answered all the questions truthfully legally.
Speaker 12: Obviously I did, and please don't encourage people not to.
Speaker 1: You're a rebel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I do do it, I'm done it. Yet when I do do it, when it gets to religious beliefs, I'm going to put Jedi Knight.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 12: Okay, you have a responsibility as a broadcaster to please tell people to do the truth.
Speaker 1: I am the Jedi Knight, a rebel mas and newsroom. I think this is a silly question. But have you done the census?
Speaker 12: I've done it, and I did it like a week AGO's can you stop throwing things and can you put your lightsaber away?
Speaker 3: Please? I mean this is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: In the papers.
Speaker 3: Did you do it yesterday on the official day? Did you do it early?
Speaker 12: No? I did it early.
Speaker 3: I had to fill it out for four people, So come on, you are none of the household.
Speaker 1: At the bus well, hey, look the kiss buses pulled up this morning, thirteen one oh six five? Have you done the census or not? We want to know if you're in front of the bus or back of the Maybe you're so rebellious you're like, I'm not even to do it.
Speaker 3: Pry find me all right, thirteen or one oh six five is our number? You give us a bus? Yesterday was the big census day. Are you sitting at the back of the bus with Leah and I or are you at the front of the bus with Nas and.
Speaker 1: Bell Emma and Elizabeth Grove has jumped on the bus. So have you done the census? Where you're sitting and you're sitting at the front of the back.
Speaker 10: I'm sitting up the front, boys, And I'm totally disappointed.
Speaker 3: In you, Goes.
Speaker 7: Why just you had one job to do it on one night and you can't do it.
Speaker 12: Come on, Goes, I just don't really want to not very Jedi master of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the government and Jedi as they follow their feelings. My feelings was I was just a bit busy last night.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, so did your partner not do it for you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't expect I'm a rebel. I don't expect people to do things for me. I just do things, damn please, I'll do it myself at some point, probably maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 3: All right, Emma, take your seat firmly at the front of the bus.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to do this, but I've got scrapch up a bit of paper and I'm gonna have to throw it at the back of your head.
Speaker 3: Emma opening up the door. Now, Michelle.
Speaker 1: Was west. What's up? You're sitting at the front of the bus or the back?
Speaker 12: Hey, guys, I'm coming right down to the back.
Speaker 7: Come on, I hope, I hope there's a leather back there to.
Speaker 10: Me as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, don't worry.
Speaker 1: There is there is. Would you like us to carve your name in the back of one of the seats?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, you want a cigarette?
Speaker 1: Ye might give it a try, but bad for your health. But this is a mime cigarette, so yeah it minds not technically promoting it. I can see the boss shifting his weight on the seat over there.
Speaker 3: Good on you, Michelle, Let's open up the door. Got another passenger kill in Manapara joins us. Now, good morning. Have you done the census up at the front of the bus, so you sit at the back of the bus.
Speaker 10: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 9: I'm sinking at the back of the bus with these guys, and I want the pink lady jacket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pink lady jacket.
Speaker 8: Le the lady jacket. Have you got a piercing yet? Do you want us to put a little piecing in your ear?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I'll take another pie thing.
Speaker 1: I'll do it with my butterfly. I hit it up with my lighter. So it's all good, there's no disease.
Speaker 3: It's looking like there's a lot of rebels, Anika joins us. Now you a bit of a rebel as well. I'm a rebel.
Speaker 7: I'm up the back of them.
Speaker 3: Bathe, thank you very much. Hey, look we do have to get a wiggle on this morning, though, Liam.
Speaker 1: Can I just just the rebel yell billy idol that part of the song that you just played there? Yeah, what does he even?
Speaker 3: What does a rebel? He doesn't care, doesn't care a bit like us.
Speaker 1: Really, jeez, I don't know if you've seen this picture, pretty scary story. There's a young guy who's had a massive car praying in Shandless Hill like in southern foothills.
Speaker 3: His car is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is completely he's completely wrapped around a tree and he's been cut out of the driver's side. He's fine, like he's walked out of it.
Speaker 3: This is one of those stories where when you see the photo, people say, buy a lottery ticket because you should not be alive.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's like, I mean, you said it, lamb, but it's it's the definition of people say they've had a car crash, they wrapped their car around a tree. This fella has literally wrapped his car around a tree all the way around.
Speaker 1: And I know, it's like, it's just sort of sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're unlucky, Like sometimes you see photos of pryings and it doesn't actually look that bad, like the damage, but then obviously it has a different ending for the for the people in the car. But yeah, the fact that he's walked away unscathed from this is mind blowing. So we want to see this thirteen one oh sixty five. I shouldn't be alive if there's.
Speaker 3: A which Yes, is a TV show that used to be on the Discovery Channel?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was Gray. I used to love that show, and.
Speaker 1: Is it like I was? I was stuck at sea for two.
Speaker 3: Weeks and then they'd retell the story as it happened, and then they had like actors acting it out, so you kind of got to see it. I remember, there's always one there's a little off topic, but there was always one where there was a guy stuck in the Alps and he was in the Alps for weeks, gangrene on his toes like toes were falling off. Shouldn't be alive. He found there a little old cabin in the woods, went in there, the cabin was abandoned, was going through all the covers and drawers. In the bedside table, there was a back a box of matches. Took the box of matches out, opened it up. There was one match left inside there to start a fire, and he struck it and the match broke. You didn't he survived, but he shouldn't be alive. So true, great story. His foot would look a bit oh yeah, you want to keep your socks on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But crazy story. I mean, if you were lost in the wilderness, then there was you know, one match left and this struck it and it broke or something not as crazy. Thirteen one oh six five. I feel like you got one of these stories, like you're gonna wanna tell people.
Speaker 3: Well, you're gonna want to tell it as well, because if you're our favorite story for this one, two tickets coming your way to go see Robbie Williams.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 3: Robbie Williams is back and bringing his britpop to it to Adelaide Oval on Saturday, November seventh.
Speaker 1: Scottie in Power Hills. You're call and you're one of those people. You shouldn't be alive.
Speaker 2: No, I shouldn't be. I was hit by a car when I was nine and I was in the camera for three weeks.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were gonna switch off for our support. But then my mom put my hands on a piano and I started to come out.
Speaker 1: Put your mum's on, put your mum put your hands did you did you say your mom put your hand on a piano? And then you started, yeah, yeah, I played.
Speaker 2: The piano before the accident and yeah, and so she just I think she must have wheeled me to the hospital piano or something and put my hands on it, and yeah, things started and I came out.
Speaker 1: What that is wild?
Speaker 3: Like when you say I get I get what you're saying, But how was it like a couple of hours later or was it as tinkled the keys.
Speaker 2: And I'm not trying. I think what happened is I touched the piano and then I like I went back. She whirled me back to better or something. But like in the next day or two.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, pretty.
Speaker 3: Cool, Scotty.
Speaker 1: The music brought your back. Your hand was just sort of flopped onto the joanna and you just started tinkling the ivories. It's a hell of a hell of a year there, Scotty. Thank you for that. Marty in Mawana tell.
Speaker 11: Us good morning fellows.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, I've had a few car accidents where I've tempted fate, but one in particular. Yeah, I've cussed a few cars and you know, maybe shouldn't be shouldn't be here anymore. But one in particular, when I was younger, me and my girlfriend were driving me Cortina and I was probably hoooning a little bit and I I crashed into the back of a flatbed truck that was hauling timber, and the timbers came flying through the windscreen and ended up between my head and the missus's head. So like a little bit either either way, one of us.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't be here for sure had the Katina pull up.
Speaker 11: The Corteena was a ride off unfortunately. Yeah, sad days my first calf as.
Speaker 1: Wild Yeah, final destination type stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, look, Marty, I don't want to up your story. That is a great one. Thank you very much, b Yanka and happy Valley though you did die? Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yes? That's oh man. What happened?
Speaker 10: When I was eighteen months old? I was playing on a trailer with my sister and I slipped under base and the trailer came down on top of me.
Speaker 3: What happened? You were playing on a trailer, yes, and then the trailer flipped up on top of you.
Speaker 10: So yes, it came down on top of me.
Speaker 3: Oh wow. And then a hospital he came back to life.
Speaker 10: No, my mum revived me. So a neighbor clear defense and my mum came out. And there are two women that lifted this trailer that took four men to shift and pulled me out and she gave me mouth to mouth.
Speaker 1: Oh that's how old are you at the time, Bianca?
Speaker 10: About a months?
Speaker 2: Two years?
Speaker 3: Whoa young as well?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's horrific.
Speaker 10: And no broken bones. It was like the ribs were still flexible at the time, so yeah, no, no lasting injuries, spooky.
Speaker 3: Hey, Yank, you want to go to the movies or some tickets?
Speaker 10: I would love to go to the movie.
Speaker 3: Absolutely one, not only. That's all yours, Thank you very much, Thanks Bianca. What's that produce a bell?
Speaker 12: Robbie Williams tickets?
Speaker 3: Did I? Bianca? Do you want to go see Robi Williams instead?
Speaker 10: I would love to go see for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you're gonna turn down the one, not only tickets and you're gonna go Robbie Williams. Yes, they're all yours. Okay, thank you, Thanks Banker. Sorry I thought that I thought that we said movie tickets.
Speaker 12: I forgot what I said literally sat on air about five minutes ago.
Speaker 1: That's good list makes for keeping us honest. I can't help it.
Speaker 3: I'm a cob wor shoot from the hip. Secret stain, secret stain, secret stain. Five thousand dollars up for grabs.
Speaker 1: It's a translucent stain on glass. Okay, it's been to the top of the socials. Tanya, you've seen it with your own eyes. Did you listen to that podcast we put up yesterday with like all the previous guesses and the new clue.
Speaker 7: Yes, I did, all right, I did.
Speaker 3: What do you think it is?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 7: I think it is Coleslaw from.
Speaker 3: Walworest Coleslaw from wolworths. Oh none, never mind, dansh darn.
Speaker 1: It's unfortunately not that. Let's just keep taking guesses. Honestly, I will say now we're going to take guesses until it goes off.
Speaker 3: It's going off until someone gets it right this morning. And remember, while I'm here, automasters, see any repairs required on your car with autocam video reporting from Automaster's service and repair centers called Automasters on one three hundred automasters.
Speaker 1: Amber in Manapara layered on us for five thousand dollars. What's the secret stain?
Speaker 9: Darlic?
Speaker 3: Butter? Garlic butter? Amber?
Speaker 1: Sorry, mate, Debby in PARALOUI hit us, no problem, no thanks anyway for trying. I mean, we're gonna play a song about more guesses.
Speaker 3: These are the clues that you have been given.
Speaker 1: And there's plenty of strips on the bar.
Speaker 3: And X marks the spot at six, I say, and it's a meat. Yeah, there you go, that's a meat.
Speaker 1: It's a meat. It's a meat.
Speaker 3: It's a meat.
Speaker 1: It's a meat.
Speaker 3: It's just crazy that no one said it yet.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, Chris in Elizabeth Park, what is it for five thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: It's a lamb chop?
Speaker 1: It's my lamb trouble of said lamb chop? Linda and West Lakes hit us.
Speaker 9: I think it's fat from lamb on a spit.
Speaker 3: Lamb on a spit.
Speaker 1: Not correct, Jamie joins us. Now in Salisbury, North do you think you've done it? Have you cracked the code?
Speaker 7: I reckon I have with the help of my children and my husband.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, Now what would you do with five thousand dollars?
Speaker 7: We are going to a wedding in October, so it would go towards that.
Speaker 1: Amazing Okay.
Speaker 3: And you said, with the help of your kids and your husband. Does everyone listen in the morning to try and work it out?
Speaker 7: Yes, so we normally listen on the way to school.
Speaker 1: All right, nice, okay, Jamie, Well, what is your guess?
Speaker 7: Woolworth's barbecue chicken. The bottom of it is all that's congealed crossness. It's got the spices from the stuffing still in there.
Speaker 1: An interesting guess.
Speaker 3: You said, you listened on the way to school. Have you already dropped the kids off?
Speaker 7: Nope, they're in the car with me now right.
Speaker 1: Jeez. Certainly be a nice moment. I suppose if you would have win it or cracked the code together. Yesterday, Ryan from the Platinum Lounge, the Platinum level of Loyalty in the Ben and Lamb Loyalty program, he used his one favorite per anum. He had a little scratch and sniff. He said he was getting some spices. I think he actually had red rooster stuffing he did, So that's like pretty close to the pin. But you're saying Woolworth's barbecue chicken potentially, as it's affectionately called the trade's hand bag. Do you think we've just pulled a hot truk out of that plastic bag and just rubbed it, rubbed the congealed sort of fat, leaving that translucent stain on the glass.
Speaker 3: We do, Indeed, that wouldn't make a stain that looks like our secret stain. Yeah, it's a good.
Speaker 1: Guess, Jamie.
Speaker 9: Yes, you've won dollars.
Speaker 11: We won.
Speaker 7: They are very excited.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Thank you so much. Wing On Jamie five thousand dollars coming your way, all thanks to kids on A two three and automasters.
Speaker 1: Thank you, no worries war anybody in the You seem a little stunned. How old are your kids?
Speaker 7: Seven seventeen, mill eighteen and nearly twelve?
Speaker 3: Right, so, I don't know.
Speaker 1: In my head you sound young. I just thought they would be super young kids, but they have used their almost adult brains to crack the code with Do.
Speaker 3: You mind, Jamie? Can we speak to one of the children? Your choice? Your choice? Which one? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Who wants to talk on the radio? Okay, hold on, I'll put you on to Eileena.
Speaker 3: Okayilena.
Speaker 1: Hello, Congratulations, he cracks the code.
Speaker 10: Excited.
Speaker 3: Five thousand dollars and you get to go to New South Wales for that wedding with five great to the bank account. Congratulations you but I mean your family?
Speaker 1: Yeah, surely you got a press Mum for some for a hot chop dinner to.
Speaker 3: Good on you. You pop Mom back on the phone now if you want. Well done, Jamie, five thousand dollars, Thank you so much. Do you sound a bit lost for words?
Speaker 1: I'll be honest, Yeah, I think people are so burnt every time we go hmmm, we play the sound and stuff and like nah, so yeah, it's probably unexpected by the time you actually win. But there it was. If you just gener in Woolworth's barbecued chicken. Was the translucent stain on the glass pane secret stained five point Oh good on.
Speaker 3: You Jamie quickly. Should we just go through the clues the hair out So obviously this was the one that was throwing everyone.
Speaker 1: Bit cheeky Woolworths, Yeah, bar sheep wool Woolworths was the first word.
Speaker 3: Then you had this one.
Speaker 2: And there's plenty of rims on the bar.
Speaker 3: Barbecue, barbee barbecue, that's the second word. Then we had this one. It is the trading things, the traders love of hot chook. Yeah yeah. And then X marks the spot at six ten. That was because this week the six ten quiz, every single morning we do the quiz at six ten is sponsored by Red Rooster and they are doing a promotion which is ten dollars whole rooster.
Speaker 1: The amount of times we've said whole roast chicken, yeah, you know, we've been saying it every morning, So that's what that's what we're trying to get people's attention to.
Speaker 3: So there you go, five thousand dollars given away with secret staying five point zero spice scales stop on kiss one O two three? You are here with ben Alaye. If nothing but the nineties makes you stop in your tracks and you think I can't go anywhere, I'm just gonna sit in my car. We're at my workplace. I'm not getting any work done today because there's nothing but the nineties on kiss. Well, do I have a treat for you? Because that was the nineties. But it keeps rolling from this point on until three pm this afternoon, non stop.
Speaker 1: It's non stop. Who's your favorite spice scale?
Speaker 3: By the way, sporty? And then posh, m hm, who's yours?
Speaker 1: After those three spice and the fourth scary sporty? Posh baby spice.
Speaker 3: Baby ginger spice ginger on? Is that five?
Speaker 1: One was actually just called ginger?
Speaker 12: It's come on, you're better than this.
Speaker 1: But one was called ginger. That's so funny. I'm sporty, I'm scary, I'm freckles, you know what I mean. It's like picking like a physical feature playing on hard mode.
Speaker 3: How many real names can you get?
Speaker 1: So you've got mel cemil B, Victoria and our gingerhead, Jerry Jerry Halle Well, yes, yes, and Emma Bunton, Emma Bunton, I'm glad.
Speaker 3: To changed her.
Speaker 1: I'm and I'm emmau full name Bunton Spice.
Speaker 3: And we are back.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: Of course we will get to the blindfolded paper throwing.
Speaker 1: Soon and we will look forward to it.
Speaker 3: Ben we first up, though, I am going to read out a podsport post from Ben Eddie said, Wow, so generous of Ben not to go marketplace hunting yesterday and collect the pink carpet for the Plannum lounge. What a guy. Thank you, Ben Eddio. I'm glad someone noticed that.
Speaker 12: Okay, well it was hired from a party shop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by Olympic higher Olympic party high, but very good. Still.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we're all doing lots of the loyalty program. I've actually secured our next big client on next big love that partner.
Speaker 3: First he got Thirsty, got mingle yep, who else did he get? Well?
Speaker 1: Subway Subway, I threw it out there purely the power of spoken word. The powers that be it. Subway reached out. Also not official yet, but Bright and Jetty Bakery have have reached out. I got the good people there who also our giant.
Speaker 12: Are we still doing discounts for what?
Speaker 1: Do you think? You think that we're just going to slowly disband for the loyalty program.
Speaker 12: I don't know it's still going to be there, but we actively doing Like hey today, go to Brighton, Jenni bab shot.
Speaker 3: Everyone's cards are worthless.
Speaker 1: I think you need incentives in there to sort of keep it going, keep it sort of.
Speaker 3: Kind of like GJ six like remained prolific for so long because they kept doing updates.
Speaker 1: They kept doing like online like I know you can get a a Desert Eagle.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like Skyrim, for example, they introduced the Creative Studio, so like people who had the spare time and the ability they would like Skyrim stopped making official content years ago, but big fans of the game bell they would make their own levels and then upload it, and then other fans of the game would play their level.
Speaker 1: I think I've spoken about this before, and I know my mum will hear this, so I do love you, mum. But I actually went to eb games one time and asked what the cool game was and they said Skyrim. And I mean, I'm not a Skyrim one.
Speaker 3: Of the games of all time, Skyrim, Skyrim. How's it spelled like Scott Sky? Why I don't know about like Skyrim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't say like people say Skyrim.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the guy was like, scom Actually.
Speaker 12: He was waiting for someone.
Speaker 1: Skyrim.
Speaker 3: So she's Skyrim is It's kind of like, it's the best way to describe it. It's kind of like Skyrim is a is a continent or a country within the wider world of the Elder Scrolls. So the Elder scroll you know, the SIMS one, two, three, and four Elder Scrolls is the actual game, and Skyrim is the is that particular games?
Speaker 1: That makes sense?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I get sims come in.
Speaker 3: He's just explained an example. Morrow Win is another one for example, like you can like there's maps of the which I love. When you play Skyrim, you love it playing, you love it. You play Oblivion, you love it. But people like cut together the world so when you zoom out you can see like where all the worlds are within the world.
Speaker 1: So so mum got Skyrim. I played that. I didn't like it. I played it for like a day. I was like, it's not really my I'm not like a big world sort of.
Speaker 3: It's an open world game. Yeah, and even even like Liam liked it on train tracks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and that's that.
Speaker 12: But you only play FEFA, don't. You don't play anything else.
Speaker 1: I haven't touched my PlayStation and.
Speaker 12: Historically yeah, historically, yeah, you're not playing whatever.
Speaker 1: But so she got me Skyrim anyway, didn't play it, and then then following Christmas, she must have gone into eb Games and asked what the cool game was and the guy still said Skyrim. I got Skyrim twice.
Speaker 12: That's so sweet, that's so cute.
Speaker 1: No, no, I just remember having two copies of Skyrim and not playing.
Speaker 12: Did you say anything the second time or you just said thanks?
Speaker 1: Didn't we do it? Didn't? Was there a bit one time where yeah, no, that's what happened. We we knew San liked Parwan at the restaurant Ben's wife Sam and who, and we bought her a Parwana book for a birthday. And it was a bit awkward because you guys already had it, so we took it back go to something else. But then the next year we thought it'd be funny to wrap the Parwan again given to her again.
Speaker 3: Remember that joke we.
Speaker 1: Got her a real present as well, but just to sort of get her reaction. But I think she was sort of a little bit awkward about it, but like also thought, oh, what the hell, they didn't remember them gave them this last year.
Speaker 3: Maybe that did how it went down. Haha.
Speaker 1: We were like she was just being kind of nice, was like, oh thanks, Oh no, it's a joke.
Speaker 12: That's cute.
Speaker 3: I yeah, no, that's probably how it went down. I thought that we gave it back to you wrapped up.
Speaker 1: No, I thought we nah nah nah nah. That is But one of Sarah's cousins at our wedding, we had like I don't know, like a people to put cards in it or whatever. We said like no presence, and there was this massive present like what is this and it was like this is shitty old frame set from like a op shop and we're like weird. And then in the card they were like, loll someone gave this to us at our wedding, like pass on the crabby present. The next wedding you go to, that's a funny idea, that's funny. So we gave it to the next The next wedding we went to, We're like, who was it gave them. I could have been Jordan and Charlotte our friends. Yeah, but we obviously put money in the card. But then also yeah, it's kind.
Speaker 3: Of like.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, like we got this wed. It was like it was kind of creepy. It was like a frame set, but it was like the frames were in a like boxed up and marketed to a nineteen eighty three type. Boy, it was. It was creepy. Actually, it was like a creepy old family sort of in there.
Speaker 3: It's waunted pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something you'd probably find that like souths like a box of like a frame set.
Speaker 12: To be honest, Oh, I took a photo actually at a shop like a month ago.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 12: It was an old church chop shop and those ones they're all hit and miss, but they but they sometimes like blessed the ladies at work in there, like they're so old that they don't understand values of things, so you can sometimes have really good stuff like two bucks. But I went in there and a kid, you not, there was a framed photo and it looked it's like one of those old, old, old black and white photos where no one's smiling, Like it's probably nineteen twenties from four.
Speaker 1: What was with that? They just they know and I supposely they probably all had brucked up teeth.
Speaker 3: But it didn't e much smile about.
Speaker 1: We've lost three children in this winter.
Speaker 3: And I'm eating corn.
Speaker 1: I've got the whole thing of like.
Speaker 3: It just like fourteen and I'm retired with four kids.
Speaker 12: They just captured you. How you were It wasn't.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, but that's right. No one had fun. Yeah, I think it was so serious thing. Yeah, but it was.
Speaker 12: It was real. I thought it was like I was like, oh, it's just like a fake one and now, but that was someone's like grandparents or like great grandparents, and they just it was in.
Speaker 1: This that's not that that's not really that valuable, was it.
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 12: I kind of really wanted it for like just to put on.
Speaker 1: The wall and be like, why would you want someone else's dead grandparents on your wall?
Speaker 12: Because it was really a beautiful old photo and that's someone's whole life, that's their.
Speaker 1: Story, Like that's being his story means nothing and two generations everyone's going to forget you.
Speaker 12: Well, if you've done the sense that I thought ticked the box at the end that says, are you happy with this? Record and all your details being released in ninety nine years time so people can see.
Speaker 1: See how you got to work on the eleventh of August twenty twenty six.
Speaker 12: Yes, Belle Jackson drove to work.
Speaker 3: Ooh, what I don't get this is and I want to get in an argument with you, but you hate AI. But then you will tick that box, which will then go on a server which will then use water, which will then like that's you don't need to say the information.
Speaker 12: I don't have three hundred and sixty four dollars to spare from not doing the census. I have to do it.
Speaker 3: No, they say that the ticking the box saying save my information for nine to nine years later, Like, that's just using unnecessary computing power, right, why are we saving that? Of course it is.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I guess. Look, I'm against AI for environmental reasons, but I'm mostly against it because people are just not even using five percent of their brains anymore.
Speaker 3: What do I say to Bill exactly who just told me?
Speaker 12: There was an article the other day while I was getting news for the show, and it was like this person was like write this article being like, oh AI is terrible. I try, like I used AI to try and book my gym class and it booked me into the wrong class. All right, mate, book your own freaking class.
Speaker 3: Was that the story or was that the one that was on Hack where it was like the AI agent, which is like the new AI. So there's AI like you know, use it like a Google search box, but then there's a agents now where they're gonna be the new thing in three months, everyone's gonna be talking about it, but it's like where they're kind of already are. It's more like an assistant on your phone that can go across.
Speaker 1: You basically platform.
Speaker 3: You basically give it permission on your phone and it's an AI assistant.
Speaker 12: It was on ABC, so it probably was feels.
Speaker 1: I've heard some people say that they're.
Speaker 3: Like so like kind of like Siri, but actually AI A.
Speaker 1: Made of mine was like, Oh, why don't you get a claude to do that? Like with the you know, the renovations, it's like they can they can reach out to five different people, get the best quote from me each, and then book them all in. I'm like, that's too much control, yeah, to cure And I'm like, that's not the agent.
Speaker 12: People do it themselves.
Speaker 3: So that story is someone was using an AI agent on their phone. They said, book me a gym class at the gym that they used. It then contacted them back because basically it basically talks back to you and your messages, so it communicates with you, and then it communicated back with them, like five minutes later, it said, hey, Kelly booked gym class. Just so you know, the gym class was booked out, but I managed to kick someone out and got your spot. So it figured out a loophole in the back end. Because it's AI, it kicked someone else out and gave them the spot, so it hacked the website basically, Jesus, and that was why that was a story.
Speaker 12: Yeah, right, Well the headline was just like trying to book a gym class using AI and like didn't get there something in the right class, And I was just like, why is that even a thing? But yes, it's just very sad. You guys have seen Wally.
Speaker 3: Wow, I actually actually haven't.
Speaker 12: Everyone's really morbidly obese riding around on hovering chairs and we just have a screen in front of their face and they don't actually do anything. And then someone like they don't recognize they don't actually see that there's things happening around them and they can't do anything. They're so fat they can't even like move and they like drop stuff and they can't pick it up, and like, yeah, but that's that's honestly. People can't even do anything themselves anymore. It's so sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But anyway, Wally is a good one.
Speaker 1: I suppose the kids can. It's a family friendly. Are you at that age with like Freddie?
Speaker 3: You can?
Speaker 1: We can all watch a movie together and enjoy it like a not yet.
Speaker 3: I mean I know some you know, screen time varies across families. For us, we have tried really hard to avoid screen time where possible, like sport. That to me's a free pass to put sport on the TV, like golf and soccer and footy whatever. I just put sport on sometimes in the background.
Speaker 12: But you're not going to a restaurant shoving a phone.
Speaker 3: No, it's different, nah, And then I'll be honest. We use the phone on long hawf flights to survive. But he doesn't like watch TV yet, so I actually haven't sat down and try to watch a movie with him yet. We tried to do what do we do? It wasn't The Grinch. There's like another G rated Christmas movie last year, and he didn't didn't didn't take the bed not an express, No, maybe something.
Speaker 1: Express.
Speaker 3: No, we did. Sorry, that's what we watched. We watched and he kind of liked it. Not really, it was like half watching it. We watched on YouTube because it was the only way you could find it. Was Frosty the Snowman, which is from the sixties and it was back then. It was like it was a movie, but it was like TV show basically, but it's the story of Frosty the Snowman, which was notice.
Speaker 1: What about the is that? What's the one?
Speaker 3: Was like, we're fly.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm talking about? It's like a it's a Christmas cartoon from back in the day. And I think it's like a little boy and he goes out to his window on Christmas even, I think, and then this snow ghost like flies him around the world and then he gets and there songs like.
Speaker 3: Christmas Past.
Speaker 1: It's not ebone's a scrooge polar expressed before Yes, what did I say? Midnight express a different thing? I'm thinking, Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: We watched pol Polics Bress in school. We had to get a permission slip side from our parents.
Speaker 12: We did too. We went for an excursion to go see it at the cinema.
Speaker 3: We also watched Spirit Horse movie.
Speaker 1: Actually, Ben, can you can you starte? Just don't sound like a psychopath? Can you type in walking in the air in YouTube? It's from The Snowman nineteen eighty two. It's an animated television film.
Speaker 3: Walking near Aileen Jones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a small boy singing it like, yeah, looks the Snowman. I think so, and I'm pretty sure the gist is the Snowman takes is a little ginger boy for a flight around.
Speaker 3: Which is essentially Frosty the Snowman. Yeah, because Frosty the Snowman is they build a snowman and they put a hat on in the comes to you.
Speaker 12: This is it, you know, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Great voice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a little little boy.
Speaker 13: That is a little boy.
Speaker 1: That kids you're saying that it's like called drawn in pencil.
Speaker 3: I was watching Powerpuff Girls. I don't know where you were watching when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: Friendie mine like this.
Speaker 3: Maybe if you'd like this is what it is. If what I'm thinking on now is I think that would lose.
Speaker 1: On Christmas if you you could play this song. So if I just come out, I come to your house and you say that song just comes up, it's like a play that in a boombox, and i'm.
Speaker 12: It comes to the window.
Speaker 1: I've dressed as a snowman with a carrot my nose, and you leave the window open, and I opened the window as Freddie's just I'm on like a flywire type yeah thing, and I pick him up and say we're going and fly around. And you know he would find.
Speaker 3: That you cry and crying, daddy, daddy, daddy.
Speaker 1: I'm dressed as a snowman with a little hat.
Speaker 3: Also, the worry for me is I'm watching this. I'm watching this. This is a small boy frolloking through the hills. There's no snowman in this that I can see.
Speaker 1: Perhaps the small boy's lost his mind from memy. The snowman flies. I think the kid fly. Does a kid fly?
Speaker 12: I don't know someone flies.
Speaker 1: Someone's flying. It's called walking in the air. So I'm assuming, Yeah, that sounds creepy.
Speaker 3: See that.
Speaker 1: Look at this is a picture right here, that's the that's the Snowman flying around the sky with the boy.
Speaker 12: That looks like it's from a book.
Speaker 1: It probably is.
Speaker 12: Was it originally a book and then they made it into the movie.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Walking in the Air.
Speaker 12: Yeah, all right, Well did we get here? You're talking about movies?
Speaker 1: You said no, you said that Christmas? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 12: While were talking about Christmas, you said you tried to watch a movie with Freddy at Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But why, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: Why we because Liam asked you can Freddy watch movies before that?
Speaker 3: There's something that got us through this. I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I beeel.
Speaker 3: There was a loose end that needed to be tied up.
Speaker 1: Skyl photos, y oldie photos. Why would you need that in the house AI clause? I think it was canceling canceling people's gym membership.
Speaker 12: Well, look, I did want to bring up something from the pod squad that was posted.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Trav who posted asking about a break from the show yesterday and if it was planned or if it was in the moment. I was going to reply to it last night, but then I.
Speaker 1: Thought we could talk about it today.
Speaker 12: Kiss one two three break.
Speaker 3: I had it up there and it has now disappeared. Annoying. The pod squad does the thing where it doesn't do.
Speaker 1: Most recent recent Yeah it's a weird system, but yeah, Ben and Liam's pod Squad. If you're not in that. In the Facebook page, jump on in you can post all questions, thoughts, feelings about the podcast.
Speaker 3: So Trev Bud Trev said, hey, guys, question about the kiss one two three break on yesterday's pod. I was curious if then actually misspoke and then it became a let him cook moment or was it always the plan for that three to five minute break to go to air? What happened to? What else are you were going to talk about? If not, we'd binned off what we're going to talk about a genuine mistake.
Speaker 1: Genuine mistake. And then the boys ran with it, and then yeah, it was a joint let him cook type moment.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and then everyone think everything. We bumped everything down after that, but it's still fit.
Speaker 1: And then when we're talking the other day about Bell kissing this the skit ring, it's because we were thinking, oh, that could be funny to come back the next day and do a skit of like kiss one two three.
Speaker 12: That you didn't do it. Who saw that coming?
Speaker 1: Well, I think I've done more skits than anyone in this room over the years.
Speaker 12: So you know what was the analogy? Oh, this morning behind the scenes during and I break, the boys said, you spent so many years climbing to the top of the mountain and then you got to there and you looked out at the view and you went, yeah, we're here, and then you said, yeah, bowie, you carry stuff up.
Speaker 1: I think we said, and I carry all your bags for you, said Talia, who works here, said I remember when I went to boys, they used to live at three pm. And yes, we did leave work about three pm each day.
Speaker 12: And I said, yeah, Triple J usually like to yeah, we'll leave together.
Speaker 1: They're used like yeah, as I said, and that's when you're when you're like a teenager and you.
Speaker 3: Don't have a family, you do or a side hustle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you do that. And then as I think the direct quote was made, it to the top of the mountain fell off.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you slid down to base camp. Then you drive climbing again, and then you said other views all right, and then I said, I said it, yes, and I'm carrying all your luggage for you behind you.
Speaker 1: Well, I also think I don't know, Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. I said that, I mean to a certain extent as well, there is you need to when you're starting out, you need to be across so many things. Do you know what I mean? Or you just purely to be like we're going to get this.
Speaker 12: We're also making the podcast at Triple J, like we're all cutting it and doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but now got a huge social, massive team. Yeah, look at us now, a lot of different departments and things.
Speaker 12: One, two, three of us. Holy hell, now we've got one, two, the three other people four other people.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 12: Also shout out to Dino in the Bed and Lambs podscored Facebook group who posted a picture of the Richmond Swan Street in Melbourne KFC that what that was?
Speaker 3: What context?
Speaker 1: Hell? And that's coming from me around the corner from that.
Speaker 12: I used to tram that. My whole childhood was tramming past that and it's devo gutted and graffiti.
Speaker 1: That was the best CAFC. It was the double decker one.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I definitely went through a few sneakies would have been actually I did a video one time where it was like, that's my whole childhood.
Speaker 12: Well, I used to tram my tram from my house into the city. Was that one and it would go past And as a kid I used to get excited by fast food back then. Still, so I'd be like, well, okays the and I do remember I loved it because it was double It was too story I did. I loved twisters, loved them. That's got really fat?
Speaker 3: You were fat?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 12: Ben? All right? Is Liam? Just what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Maybe this is a good time to need attempt?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I reckon, This would be a great time unattainable. Thanks Bell. All right, Ben's eyes closed as he prepares.
Speaker 3: I should I should have pre scrunched. Sorry, scrunch up one more and then I'll start shooting. If I get there, I'll.
Speaker 1: Just how many got scrunched?
Speaker 4: Three? Oh wow?
Speaker 3: Okay, like a tight ball. I did too, Like a tight ball because I can predict its trajectory better. Oh you ready? It was it ten? Ten week ten?
Speaker 12: Isn't it just you have to get what was it? You have to get all them in?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But I thought it was ten right to be impressive tens miss And then closed. What happens if you don't, We just do it again every day until literally.
Speaker 12: Every day, and then we stop doing it when you get ten in a row.
Speaker 1: That's just not going to happen. All right, Here we go, Here we go. It's not good.
Speaker 3: We try again tomorrow, We try again. We rack them up, We rack them up, and we go again tomorrow.
Speaker 12: At this point two is impressive.
Speaker 3: What happens is if I mean no one cares listening to the podcast. If I throw it too low, I've got a release. I'm gonna get a high release.
Speaker 12: But not too high.
Speaker 3: They're not too high. It hits the speaker to do this. You're in a way, mate, you're in a way, easy position.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Should I try and you.
Speaker 3: Want to shut? I have knock on my eye today.
Speaker 1: That's all right, bro, it's all right.
Speaker 3: Rattled by now that's my game. Do you want to try from behind the desk and where I see it? Yeah?
Speaker 12: This is great audio.
Speaker 3: People love it? Bell Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Do you want a filmmas or it's not worth it?
Speaker 3: We should film it for the day. I do get it, so never he's he's not going to get it.
Speaker 12: But William's at Ben's spot behind the panel. Now this is so weird, say Le behind the panel. That's so funny. Miss did you miss?
Speaker 1: I can't see he missed?
Speaker 4: Miss.
Speaker 3: It only be fair. We all know it's harder for to get our irons.
Speaker 12: So it's actually easier because I can see surround.
Speaker 1: All right, come with you, Belle Jackson.
Speaker 3: It's very cool.
Speaker 1: That pull the mic down.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 12: Oh no, I think I'm breaking.
Speaker 4: Right, Sorry, done, wom.
Speaker 3: All missed first shot.
Speaker 1: I'll try again.
Speaker 12: All right, I take back what I said, by the way, thank you.
Speaker 3: The mic was just about the tall stuff. No, no, no, Mike was just a bit high. That's all extremely tall, she said. All right, so we just last thing for me. Can we find out from Mingle what's going on in their background? Oh?
Speaker 12: Sure, yeah, I'll get the back end.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Remember if you haven't born yet, ning me boys twenty six is the code who someone got there overseas? Yeah that was someone got an overseas order of Mingle's.
Speaker 12: Stupid algorithm, or with order of the posts. I can't find it now it's gone. Why is it gone?
Speaker 3: Also laying very visual, but I don't know. Your hair is doing some crazy stuff at the moment. Your fringe is like a photo.
Speaker 12: It swept.
Speaker 3: It looks like you're in a triple J. But look and it looks straight triplet don't know, silly face.
Speaker 12: It looks no what's that British like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like you're in one of those things where you've cut your fringe. What you look like you're Indian?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: What the heck?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 3: Look is there a podcast for today yet?
Speaker 12: And by tile it's still it's just me up, so you won't have any branding.
Speaker 1: It'll just be that fringe. I have no idea what's going on with them. I'm well and truly and who knows what's going on here stage? But the hair just yeah, whatever?
Speaker 3: Pop your air drop on, Bill?
Speaker 1: You know I said my hair text it to me. I also don't think he knows as quick as I thought.
Speaker 3: That's a crazy thing to say.
Speaker 2: Bill.
Speaker 12: Just why do I need to air drop it?
Speaker 3: Quality?
Speaker 12: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it on air drop?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Do I have to have my WiFi on on to everyone get through life?
Speaker 12: Do I have to add my WiFi on because I don't want to be on the work WiFi because it doesn't work, so.
Speaker 3: There's no Wi Fi but it's kind of like Infra red bl Just turn it on.
Speaker 12: It is on.
Speaker 1: Let me look, not everyone everyone for ten, turn it off and on again. It was off.
Speaker 3: I've got a lions. I can see a lions. Oh, go on, this is working because your phone's built fifty years ago.
Speaker 12: Hey, oh, you know what's a really sad thing that's happened. I was supposed to film a video for Instagram, and uh I bought a USB C to lightning cable so that I could put my road mic plug in in and road doesn't like using an extension plug. So now my MIC's don't go into my phone because my phone's too old. So I don't really know what to do now.
Speaker 1: Problem could get a new phone, I suppose.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 12: I texted mum and said, hey, when does your plan run out?
Speaker 1: You can only get hers iPhone.
Speaker 12: That's so much money.
Speaker 1: What are you going to do necessarily? Why don't you use them? It's a business expense.
Speaker 3: You can claim the pitch video picture video.
Speaker 12: Well, I've already shot it now, but I just didn't have a mic.
Speaker 3: For to be a business expense. Mate, it's going to make money.
Speaker 12: Oh, I just got the Hey, I've made some money.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're like free cat food stuff.
Speaker 12: They also sent me free stuff. Yes, but no I get paid. I get paid for that, although this one I'm not getting paid for. I got the product and then I'm just doing a story the product. It's an alarm clock, it's a sunrise light up.
Speaker 3: What's the what's the premise?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 12: Literally, they just said, can you just do a story about it? I just said, it's amazing and it has been great for my three thirty wake ups? And now I have a female accent.
Speaker 3: Like are you doing like a hey chart? It's just a chat. This is how I wake up in the morning. And it's like heavy.
Speaker 12: I did get said this choice wake ups, Yes, George have completely changed. It's one of those lights where you can choose all different We have that light.
Speaker 1: We have that. We have that I don't think that specific one.
Speaker 3: The nudy, the naughty noughty, we have that. We use it for Gene.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's good, it's cute.
Speaker 1: Whatever puts this red light on before we get bed, which is always really.
Speaker 12: Spooky, as in she's doing red light therapy.
Speaker 1: Just the globe has.
Speaker 3: We use the red light because it's like when you put gena bed it goes red.
Speaker 12: Light and this has the there's like a heartbeat you can do, and then you can also like the breathing light.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it goes up and down the sunrise.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Perhaps when we can have one of those red lights into Freddie's rooms, the lights will cut red when I weigh, we can all bring out.
Speaker 3: Come on the Strobe effect.
Speaker 1: All right, that's just not it. They'll just show me something that I shouldn't have seen.
Speaker 12: It, gracious, something my phone and I thought Leo would enjoy.
Speaker 1: I didn't to.
Speaker 3: Jesus that the podcastle Your Air Drop on, not on, it's on. I'm gonna send us.
Speaker 12: Look it's I've got Bluetooth, I got Wi Fi and yeah, everyone, it's just a very rude single top. There's these single tops that you can buy and you can put your own text on them. But they cute little hot crop tops. So Amanda and I were sending some to each other that we thought we would like, and they're very rude. One says, I made your dad a good boy.
Speaker 1: Access