Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Amy Torber and coming up on today's show, Sophie Kasha throws a serious shade at her ex fiance Matti Garrick, the ungrateful influences at this year's Australian Open, and our Friday Debrief. The first m Davies Hen's weekend in Bali has been making headlines. The bride to be's guest list is under the spotlight, as well as the outfit she wore to a beach club, Kate, can you tell us more?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: The mainstream media have been pretty cruel about m's Hen's looks, so for those who haven't seen it, she wore this white bando style bra top and had a mini skirt made up of chule. It kind of looked like a two two and what set people off the most was the visible G string that sat just above the skirt, which was embroidered with the name Missus G. And all I could think about was the Chris Lily character mister G. When I saw it, it reminded me more of Kath and Kim. Remember Kim used to rock a very visible G string. I can see why this G string was a bit of a focus in the mainstream media because every single Instagram story I saw on Saturday featured it. It was either a close up of m twerking and the G string in it, or just dancing around. She was having the best time. She probably didn't care what was being written about her. Well. The Daily Mail run with a story asking its readers to weigh in as to whether they thought the outfit was appropriate for her Hen's party. I mean, they clearly were expecting some pretty vile comment trail. There were over two hundred comments on the story, and I was actually taken aback about how vile they were. I mean, I know the Daily Mail is known for that type of commentary, but it was next level. I really felt for m Now her outfit even made international news, with The Sun running with the headline Taki Mum leaves little to the imagination and Hendu Brah and skirt duo that even show off her G string. I really felt like these media publications weren't asking people to weigh in on the outfit. They were more asking people to weigh in about how they felt about a mum wearing an outfit like, Yes, there was a lot of shame involved, and I felt for em because this was literally her first trip away from her daughter. It's such an exciting time in her life. She's been juggling motherhood and also planning her wedding. Why can't she let her hair down? And we're a cool outfit? Does being a mum mean that you're not allowed to show off any skin? You're not allowed to wear something cool? Look, it's not really my vibe. I personally wouldn't be rocking a g string to my hen's party, but we're all very different people. Em used to own her own fashion brand. She's very up on the trend. But also this was a hen's party in Bali where everyone was wearing bathers. It was more of a bayor bottoms than a launder age. Like the shaming, that's what I find vile about it. Yeah, that really grinded my gears. And the thing is, as you said, Amy, she used to own her own fashion label. She's very up with the trends and back in July last year, models were wearing exposed g strings on the runway at Paris Fashion Week. It's a trend that's trying to make a comeback for quite a couple of years now. Also, I feel like, because she is such a massive influence, she's trying to make a statement at her Hen's Party. She doesn't want to copy what everyone else has done. I've never seen this visible G string used as a Hen's Party outfit. It's a bit like when we saw Tammy trying to have a pink dress and have that moment. They're all trying to have a moment and create a trend. I wonder if we'll be seeing more visible Hen's Party g's dress and somehow don't think it's going to go off as much as Tammy's pink dress. I'm actually more impressed than and managed to wear this outfit while she had her period, because she opened up in her stories that when she landed in Balley she got her first period post baby. The timing, I mean, doesn't this always happen? Your period always rears its head at the most inopportune moment. Yeah, isn't it the way? Anytime you have to wear white, that's when your period arrives. Now everyone has been really invested in EM's Hen's Party guest list, and that is because EM's bridesmaid and fellow influence a Lily Brown has a long standing feud with EM's other besties Lucy Jackson and Nikki Westcott, and seeing this Lily is a bridesmaid, you would assume that she would have had a lot to do with the plan of the event. So I was wondering whether Lucy and nicky'ste might have got lost in the mail. Well, some people thought that Lily's invite got lost in the mail because in some of the early Instagram stories that were coming out from Bali, Lily wasn't in any of them, and people were like, where is she? But she suddenly popped up the next day and Lucy and Nicky were there, So Lily did the right thing inviting them. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall, particularly, it looked like a very boozy weekend and that's usually when fights break out. They had those IV drips after the first night to help with the hangovers, and they said these are ahead of round two. I mean, I would pay a lot of money to know what actually happened behind the scenes, because surely once alcohols involved, feelings are going to get out there A notable absentee was Tammy Hembro So Em and Tammy they've been friends for a really long time now, and Em attended Tammy's wedding back in November, and after Em shared a reel of the event, a follower asked why Tammy wasn't there, to which Em respotted she had to look after her brothers. I mean, Tammy has done a lot of traveling at the end of last year and also this year, she probably just couldn't add another overseas trip to her list, and she is a newly wed, probably wanting to spend a lot of time with Matt. It's really hard for me to get my head around how quickly this wedding is approaching, because it only feels like yesterday when Em got engaged. But that was two years ago, back in March twenty twenty three. So EM's engagement made big news too because she got engaged under the Brooklyn Bridge in New York and everyone just thought it was the most esthetic proposal.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Em also only just gave birth to her first child, Aler back in August, so her and job have packed a lot in the last two years. I'm so excited for the wedding it's on the twenty second of February. Do we think from the choice of Hen's party outfit that we're going to see something quite outrageous in a number of her wedding looks. Yes. I think she'll have a similar second or third dress to Tammy Hembrose. You know that one she wore later in the night when she was cutting the cave. Sure one. Yeah, it kind of looked like lingerie. I think something like that. Serena Williams. Yeah, I don't think she plays Serena Waitness. Is that true, Serena Williams, Yes, Serena. A number of influencers have been slammed for their lack of tennis knowledge and labeled ungrateful after being gifted free airfares and prime seats to the Australian Open by big name brands. One influencer was caught on camera saying she predicted Sabrina Williams could win this year's Open, whilst Tammy Hembro told her snapchat followers.
Speaker 3: This heading to the Australina ben watch some tennis, I definitely won't be watching. No, I'll be.
Speaker 1: I'm not like.
Speaker 3: Into the tennis so much when I'm there. Yeah, like I'll watch to like fit in, to look like I've belong.
Speaker 1: This is a very privileged comment. I'll get into it whilst I'm there. I'll get into it whilst I have the best seats in the house. Well, to add insult to injury, Matt and Tammy seats looked like they were literally sitting on center core and as a tennis fan, I couldn't help but feel so jealous. It does leave a bit of a bad taste in your mouth. The Sabrina Williams comment really throws me because obviously that influencer was referring to Serena Williams, but she's been retired for a couple of years now, so who was she actually referring. I think she might have been trying to say Seblenka, which is one of the women who is set to take out this year's title, who won last year's Australian Open. Well, just back to Tammy's commentary, she has been slammed by tennis fans. One caught her out online saying I'm so sick of brand sending influencers who don't watch tennis. Another wrote, I get the influencers are there to promote and do a job, but it's such a waste of space slash tickets to send people who don't watch or pretend to like tennis. I've really noticed in the past couple of years that the Australian Open has had this transformation. It's become a cool girl event. Everyone wants to be seen at it, and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that horse racing is very on the nose. That used to be an event where you could get dressed up, you could show off your outfits, and now that's what the Australian Open and also f One has become. Yeah, and back when horse racing was really popular, the high profile of people going weren't there to see the horse racing. They were there to socialize and party in the marquees. And that's the thing where the Australian Open. They have created such an amazing event that there's a huge fan village there. Now you can eat, you can drink there, there's so many things to do that you don't actually even have to watch the tennis. You can just be a part of the atmosphere. And I get the vibe that a lot of influencers are spending more time taking photos of them with the core in the background that they're actually spending watching the game. Whoever's doing the marketing and the brand partnerships at the Australian Open needs to be commended because over the last couple of years we have seen it go from strength to strength. There are a lot of high profile brands that you wouldn't normally associate with the tennis getting on board, and also a lot of corporate tickets being sold. So brands like White Fox Boutique, they're jumping on board and buying boxes at the tennis and hosting influences a bit like we've seen at concerts. I've also noticed that a lot of these clothing brands, like White Fox and Revenue, they have incorporated tennis care into their summer launchers as well, so they understand the power that the Australian Open has and that people want to look the part when they're going there. There's been a lot of eyes on the Ralph Laren influencer activation. So Ralph Lauren are the Australian Open's official clothing partner this year, they have been for the last four years and they have put on a massive influencer trips, so they've been flying out a lot of influencers and putting them up in hotels and giving them a real luxurious experience. Of course, they're also getting prime seats to the tennis. So some of the big name influencers in attendance at the Ralph Lauren event have been Sammy Robinson, Millie Ford, Sammy Guggenheimer, Rebecca Harding, and Sophia Beg. Morgan Waterhouse also got an invite. I'm not quite sure how he managed to get a ticket because he really isn't in the same playing field as a number of those influencers. It's quite interesting because in one YouTube video and influencer spoke about how Ralph Lauren had brought in an expert to bring their guests up to speed on the rules of tennis. Let's have a listen to what we said.
Speaker 4: Once we got there, we headed into the Polo Ralphloranz suite. They had cocktails and cannon piece for us, and we just chilled and talked and got picks, and then Ava was here teaching us a bit about the tennis because we didn't really know what was going on, and then we headed down into the court. This was my first time at the Ausuelian Open, and honestly, I'm in tennis going out.
Speaker 1: There's also been a number of influencers called out for talking during games, and for anyone who is familiar with tennis, it is a game of etiquette. You have to be quiet during the points and the players will be quite vocal if people aren't being quiet and never watching a number of games where there'd be some fans who were cheering during points and the tennis players would get really agitated and speak to the umpire because it's just against the rules. You can't have people barracking or speaking during points.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, sports presenter and producer Michelle Escobar into the debate on TikTok, saying this.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about the influencers who are getting paid by brands, who are working with brands, who are getting very privileged positions and freebiz, and are also working at the Australian Open while not even knowing the basic rules of tennis. Now, up until a few years ago, you had to work very very hard to be able to break into the media landscape, but now it just seems like if you have a lot of followers, you can jump the queue. The problem with that is that you're just hiring people based on numbers and not knowledge, so they don't actually know what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Michelle went on to say that there were a number of sports content creators doing really good work at the Australian Open who have a genuine passionate interest for the game, and she hoped that they got more opportunities. I can totally see where Michelle is coming from, because it is utterly frustrating as a tennis lover to see people there who don't necessarily appreciate it and who appear to be taking the piss and making a bit of a mockery of such a beautiful game. But we've got to look at it from a marketing perspective and which brands are inviting which influencers. It doesn't really make sense for White Fox boutique to invite a sports content creator. They want to invite a high profile influencer who's going to look good in the clothes, who's going to take lots of photos and be able to provide that content they want afterwards. It's also helping open up the sport to a new category of people who haven't watched tennis before. Yeah, it's all about getting the Australian Open brand and the game of tennis out to as many eyeballs as possible, and that's what's happening when you invite all of these influencers. I think it also just comes down to the individual responsibility of the influencer to not act like a jerk and have respect for the event that they've been invited to. Hopefully, for some influencers this might have kicked off their love of the sport now yeah, And I think it just shows what a great job the Australian Opens marketing team have done to actually put the event on such a pedestal. The people are jealous that influence as are getting free tickets because it's not a new thing. Influence has are gifted free tickets to concerts, so many other sporting events. But it's really put people's noses out of joint because they want to be there so much. So we've got to remember that this has actually grown from just being a sporting event. As we've discussed, there's a real festival vibe around this. There's pop up bars, there's a lot of brands they're trying to sell products, so that is also why people are reaching out to lifestyle influencers and not just sporting figures.
Speaker 6: The funny thing about all of this is poor Mads. She didn't sign up for this. She got really skinny, really fit, sexy mama when we started dating.
Speaker 7: Now you've got this.
Speaker 6: So beautiful.
Speaker 1: Wiggle pajama. Entrepreneur Sophie Keisha has thrown serious shade at her expiance Maddi Garrick during a lengthy Q and A with her new girlfriend, Maddie Presspackis. Sophie, who is just weeks away from giving birth, couldn't resist referring to her ex as a cheetah and said she's finally found someone who gets on with her family. So the whole idea of this Q and A was for followers to get to know her new girlfriend. And that's why I think it was extra awkward that these shots were being fired in saying that though I was really invested in this Q and A because I've been really curious to see the dynamic between Sophie and her new girlfriend. There is a ten year age gap, so I wanted to see what they're actually like behind closed doors, and we were granted a half an hour glimpse into their lives. So Sophie explained that her kids were in bed early for once, so it was a great opportunity for her followers to get to know Maddie, who she referred to as the greatest human in the world. Big title now. She went public about her relationship with the AFLW player back in November in an exclusive interview with Stella magazine where she spoke about her pregnancy and love life. It was a really casual Q and A because both of the women were dressed in their pjs, Keisha branded, of course, and Sophie was enjoying cheesecake from Uber Eat. I think that's one of her pregnancy cravings. I was gonna say, tell me you're pregnant without telling me you're pregnant. It sounds delightful. She did add a disclaimer in the question box, saying that there was a no dickhead policy and people would be blocked immediately if they crossed the line with their questions. Now, this Q and A did spark a lot of commentary about Sophie and Maddie's dynamic, and I had to agree with a few comments in our Facebook community. Our times, it did feel like Sophie was almost parenting Maddie and coaching her to give her the right answer. So one of our listeners joke that they were worried Maddie would get a question wrong and get told off. It did feel like that. I mean, as I said, there is a ten year age gap between the couple, Maddie's only twenty four, and I have to say, as a side note, she seemed really sweet and like a nice person. She seemed to answer every question almost like she was being interviewed on the footy field. She was very diplomatic and sort of matter of fact about it. You could tell that she was really desperate and under pressure to say the right thing as well, because Sophie kept glaring at her and sort of being like yeah, So not only was she trying to impress Sophie's followers, but also Sophie. Yeah. Now there was a question about the age gap and whether it felt loud at times. This is what Maddie said.
Speaker 2: No. Like at the start, honestly, I was a bit like, well, I would didn't plan to have two kids so at my age. But no, I feel like soph and I we like the same things, we have the same interests, we bond over a lot of the same things.
Speaker 7: So, yeah, I feel like you are a much more mature person of your age then I know than I've ever met, and I feel like I'm a young soul.
Speaker 1: I meet you halfway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we definitely meet halfway.
Speaker 1: As someone who has a history of dating younger guys, I could recognize that Sophie was trying to say that thing that we all say where you're like, oh, no, this person I'm dating is very mature for their age.
Speaker 3: It's soul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whether it's true or not. And I think it's what you tell yourself until you break up with them, and then you tell everyone, oh, they were so immature. Yeah, she was really trying to get that message across. She said that Maddie was mature beyond her years, and she had her life together. She owns her own home, her own car, and has her finances well in order. Again, it almost felt like she was talking about her own child, like they take the bin out at night time, they mow the lawn, they walk the dog like that sort of vibe. Well, the commentary around finances is interesting because I think Sophie is trying to extinguish any negative commentary that might come up about Maddie trying to be a gold digger. Yeah, I think so too. The only time that Sophie admitted to noticing the age gap is when they're having a sing along in the car together and Maddie doesn't know some of the songs. Yeah, that really makes you feel old. We have a couple of friends who are six or seven years younger than us and they didn't know her hands and was and I was like, oh my god. Now. Throughout this Q and A as we touched on, Sophie threw a lot of shade at her ex fiance, Maddie Garrick, and I hope that this segment doesn't get too confusing because Sophie's X does have, of course the same name as a new girlfriend, and then the ex before was also an AFLW players. There's a lot of crossover with these partners, as we say it all the time. But she's obviously got a time. Yeah, definitely now. Sophie dramatically called off her engagement to Mattie Garrick in twenty twenty two. God was it twenty twenty two, And that was shortly after flying to Italy, where Maddie was playing basketball and at the time Sophie made it very clear that she had been cheated on, allegedly. Allegedly. Now, the first potshot that was herld was Sophie admitting that she's the one who holds a lot of insecurities about the age gap in her relationship with Mattie press Packers, and that is due to the way she was treated by Mattie Garrick. Here's what she said on that.
Speaker 7: I will say I'm the one with the insecurities about the age gap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I don't know what's say. No, I I just I don't see the difference between the age but I see sinsecurities and yeah, I always just say that you've got nothing to worry about. Yeah, her, but before where lives people, and that's all the matters. We bond over good things and yeah, we've got our life set out together, so that's good.
Speaker 7: We've got big plans.
Speaker 8: Baby.
Speaker 1: I wonder how Maddie Presspackers felt about these comments being thrown in when this is a Q and A where we're supposed to be getting to know her, because it kind of makes Sophie sound like she's hung up on Maddie Garrick. And it's still very hurt by her actions. Yeah, and when someone talks badly about their ex it's usually a bit of a red flag because you're like, Oh, if we were to break up, is this how you're going to talk about me?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Sophie also went on further to say that her kids have been hurt in the past by her exes, and she didn't enter into a relationship with Mattie two point zero until her son Bobby gave her permission. She also said that she's finally found someone that gets along with her family. I'm not sure if she meant her immediate family as in Jared and the kids, or if she met her extended family, because it's very clear that Maddi Press Packers has made a huge effort with Sophie's kids. She sounds like she genuinely loves them and has a really great bond with them, which is very sweet. Oh, it's lovely to see and it seems very genuine. In terms of Sophie's extended family, there have been a lot of question marks about how her relationship is with them, particularly her sister who she was on survival with. There's been rumors that there's a feud between them. I wonder if that had anything to do with Matti Garrick. It did seem like there was a bit of a tension with one family member that they were referring to in this Q and A. This Q and A also revealed that Sophie and Matti press Packers first hooked up just three weeks after she called off her engagement to Maddie Garrick. So the couple first met in twenty twenty two at Electric Nightclub on Chapel Street at three am, and by three thirty am they were sharing their first kiss.
Speaker 8: I'll throw it back to twenty twenty two. I had returned from a unfortunate overseas trip and I it was like three weeks later, I think me and Kateland shout out to Kateland. We had this most random, spontaneous day where we like just went for lunch during the day and then somehow we were at a nightclub at three o'clock in the morning and saw this little smile looking back at me and the bar and within five minutes I said, I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: Kiss you, and I did so.
Speaker 8: I made the first move many moons ago.
Speaker 6: I kiss you the second time.
Speaker 8: All right, who made the first Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: That really made it sound like a rebound, but they didn't actually start up a relationship for quite some time. Following the kids. They were friends for about a year before anything happened. Sophie also dated Sophie vander Hoove in between. Well it's with the names, like, don't date anyone with your name or the name of your eggs now. Further shade was thrown at Maddie Garreic when Sophie answered if she'd found the one, Here's what she said.
Speaker 7: Is she the one?
Speaker 1: You both truly look happy?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 8: I fucking hope.
Speaker 7: So, because I'm a little bit sick and tired.
Speaker 2: Of this, I think I think, no, No, I know she's the one. I think we've definitely found our person in each other.
Speaker 7: Everyone's screenworld called that place.
Speaker 8: Thanks no cheat to cheatah, Pumpkin Eita here cheater Cheatah.
Speaker 7: No, you're not.
Speaker 1: God, that is so awkward. I actually really feel for Maddie press Packers because you get a sense to what it must be like behind the scenes between them, that she must always be having to reassure Sophie that she's not doing anything wrong, but she's not acting like her ex. I think she must be working in overtime to prove that she's nothing like Maddie Garrick. And the thing is, you would have to be very trusting if your girlfriend played afl W because they're often on the road traveling, they're surrounded by women their own age of the same interests as them, and maybe that's where some of Sophie's insecurities are coming in, particularly if she was cheated on when Maddie was away. Well my basketball, yeah, Well, Maddie Press Packers. She plays for Essendon, doesn't she and Sophie bat who will also played for Essendon, So when you're ex as a teammates, it's very awkward. Questions then turned to Sophie's pregnancy and whether the couple were having this baby together or if Maddie was part of the decision making process, and Maddie was quite honest and said that because they started out their relationship as just friends, she always knew that Sophie planned to have another baby, and she said that when she finally fell in love with Sophie, Sophie really tried to push her away because the baby was her number one priority, understandably, but Mattie said it didn't affect things on her end, and that because she loves Sophie's kids, Bobby and Floss, she knows that she's going to love this third baby just as much. It seems like a very mature perspective. It is mature, and I'm not trying to take away at all from what she's saying, but her newborn is very different to a six and ten year old or however old her kids are. And I think with Mattie only being twenty four, she might be going into this a little bit blind. I think Sophie could read the naivety her tone, and she could probably see what people were thinking, so she kept saying, how do you actually feel about the newborn stage? Though, Maddie. Maddie said this, and what.
Speaker 7: About the newborn stage, sweetheart? Well, I suppose you just don't know what to expect. So she's going to be great.
Speaker 2: Starting from the start.
Speaker 1: Learn how to change it, nappy.
Speaker 7: That's why she doesn't live here, so she can go home whenever she wants. Yeah, I've got to go home and clean up.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's another interesting element because Maddie and Sophie don't currently live together and they're not planning on moving in together when this baby is born. I think that's a very clever idea, because this is such a fresh relationship and it's a lot to expect of a new partner, especially someone who's so young. If this wasn't their decision, I think that's going to cause a lot of arguments though, because even though they're saying that they're not bringing up this baby together, you'd be pretty resentful if you haven't slept at all and you're dealing with a crying baby and then you're part And I was like, all right, well, I'm just gonna pop home and get a good night in sleep. Like, I can see that this is going to be quite difficult for them to navigate, but then again, it will be important for Maddie to get a good night's sleep if she's an athlete and she needs to be in tip top shape for her game. Again, you can see how this works on paper, but not in the real world. Yeah, but the afl W season will probably be over by the time this baby's too. True. What is also interesting is they're planning on taking a family vacation to London when the baby is born. Will surprised me. What is people traveling with a newborn. I mean, I know everyone's experiences are different, but my son was a very good sleeper. I've been very lucky with the way he slept and has been going. But I still couldn't think of anything worse than taking him on a long haul flight. Yeah. Well, let's listen to what Sophie and Maddie said about this trip.
Speaker 6: Just having fun, just having fun with us and two kids and a newborn. Yeah, she doesn't know what she's in for, guys, she has no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if I'm more scared for the plane ride or.
Speaker 1: But no looking forward to it. I'll be very interested to follow on and see how this goes. Hopefully it runs a bit smoother than we think it's going to run. Yeah. Well, there was a question asking whether Maddie will be called mum as well, and Sophie confirmed that Maddie will just be called Mad's bind the baby. She did joke that she'd be called Papa instead of mum. You can see that Sophie is very keen to settle down, and there was a question that she shared that said, I cannot wait for Maddie to propose his what Maddie's reaction was one day, what are you laughing at?
Speaker 2: One day any ring suggestions?
Speaker 1: Nah ah no, yeah, no yet Sophie Cash was really opening herself up to commentary, isn't she. And the thing that just came across in this whole Q and A was just how young Maddie is like she again, can't fault the girl sounds like an absolute sweetheart, but maybe a bit naive. Now Sophie, who is only a couple of weeks from giving birth, has opened up more about the relaunch of her Young Mummy blog, so she did reveal in Estella interview that she was getting back onto it. This is a decade later, which makes it feel really old because when I was working at the Thunderbirds, the netball team, I remember that we reached out to her and gave her free tickets to come along to a game because she loves netball. She was obviously living in South Australia at the time too, so a lot's changed for her. When she said it was launching again, I didn't think that it would launch in a blog format because who reads blogs. Now this is going to be featured on her Casha Pajama website, so that's where you can find the blog. But I originally thought, because she launched a new YouTube channel when she announced her pregnancy, that the Young Mummy might take the new format of daily vlogs. Well, not daily blogs, weekly vlogs. Yeah, well, TikTok vlogging. I'm surprised that a media company like Mamma Mia hasn't picked up as a regular feature on their website. Maybe so if he thinks financially, she's better off putting on her own website where she can get advertisers and get traction on there and then also in turn get people to buy her pajamas. See, I reckon she'd be better off actually repackaging it as a podcast. I would definitely be keen to listen to it. I think that she's going to be pretty open and honest on there, and it will be interesting for her to compare things now to how they were a decade ago. She already said that there's so many new apps and products on the market, and she did joke that she should call it the middle Aged Mummy, which isn't true. She's only thirty four. Hey hey, hey, we're actually a year or two older than her, so none of that. Maybe it could be called the geriatric mum because trick mom. After thirty five, I have not had anyone refer to me medically as a geriatric mummy. I think they've got rid of that term. Yeah. I wasn't referred to that, but I was thirty four. No, I was thirty five when I gave birth. Yeah, I was waiting for it. But I think that now a lot of women are having children later that they're like, this doesn't really seem to apply well. With pregnancy rage being a real thing, I don't think anyone would have the balls to go a woman geriatric. Let's get into our Friday debrief and for the OG listeners who can actually tell our voices apart, you will have noticed that Amy's has dropped out. She had to head off to a meeting. If you can read that code, read between the lines. So I'm going to jump in with a high of the week for me. So, it was my second wedding anniversary on Tuesday, which is wild. How was that two years ago? It actually freaks me out. I can't believe it. It was such a good day and I'm at a point where I'm like, oh, I feel like I really want to watch the video back in full because the year after you kind of get it six months after the wedding anyway, and you're like, oh, I feel like I've already seen this, but it's sort of like fresh again. So we were going to watch on our wedding anniversary, but Reese fell asleep watching suits. Very romantic evening, but it was a lovely day, I mean, now that we have Jack. We actually didn't think ahead of time to book in a babysitter, so we just had takeaway on the couch watching suits. But it was absolutely perfect.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of flak for celebrating the anniversary of my first date with my husband, which was eight years since our first date. You paid the shit out of me on the podcast for it. Our night didn't end romantically at all because we went to a little tie place around the corner from us and a nice place. Look at that all the time. It's ogent laugh. But poor Brownon ended up getting food poisoning. So he woke up at like five o'clock in the morning and he's like, I think I'm going to be sick, and I was like, in my pregnancy rage, Oh shut up, you don't really mean it. Anyway, fucking five seconds later. Anyway, back to my anniversary. As I said, it was pretty low key, but I had a really nice day because Reese managed to surprise me twice. So the night before he came home from work with this big, beautiful bunch of flowers and he said, I'm so sorry your present hasn't arrived in time. And for the second wedding anniversary, the theme is caution. So I was really racking my brains, like I don't know what to get because that's a start, see yeah, but you kind of want to get some personalized A lot of the personalized stuff was a bit now anyway, so I was like, oh gosh, this is you know, you could have just got me flowers. This is They're beautiful. The next day, at around twelve o'clock, I hear this knock on the door and I was like, oh my god. So I've got the two dogs at the door, I've got Jack. And I opened the door and there's this man standing there. It almost looked like that show First Day, with a big bunch of twelve red roses and a little bag and inside the bag was a Teddy Bear And I said, Kate Torbert and I'm like what because normally Reese would say Kate Turner and I was like, who is this from? I was like, am I being trolled? And then I was like, well, it looks like a Valentine's Day present and didn't you think, oh, this is a bit early? Well I noticed it was sept from the same floorist that Reesa got the other flowers from, and I was like, oh my god. He must have put in an order for Valentine's Day and it's arrived like today, like there must have been some miscommunication. I was like, well, this is so embarrassed' a good way to get him cheaper, don't sit on Valentine's Day. Yeah, So I rang him and I'm like, what's going on. He's like, no, no, there they are from me. I just wanted to send you a second bunch to surprise you. And I was like, why the different name. I think you just forgot to put Turner. And then a couple of hours later there was another knock on the door and I opened the door and there was a third bunch of flowers from him, and I'm like, what is going on? This is not clever because you're having to pay for two lots of delivery and they were from a different company. Anyway, why did he send three bunch of flowers? I'm still confused. So he said the first was to celebrate our first year of marriage, the second was to celebrate the second year, and the third was for the year ahead. What Yeah, and it was more sense to me for two years of marriage. Well, I'm not complaining that. Was this a mistake? No, it wasn't. Ask him tonight, I will. I loved it though. I love getting flowers. What have you got for us? I really feel like the karma gods are on to me because we did a segment last year about m Davies trying to sell a white couch that had stains all over it. It's funny you say that, because when I was doing some research into m dav's Hen's party for this episode today, I came across an article Perth Now wrote about our coverage of said couch. Yeah, and we were having a bit of a laugh because this couch was beyond filthy. It looked absolutely terrible. I mean, at least she was honest in the Facebook advert about it. Anyway, Brandon and I we want to get a bigger couch we now that we're having a family, but we need a corner couch. We currently have a three seater couch and we are absolutely squished on it. As the subs would know, you are trying to make your house into a hotel. Not really, I just want to make it a nice place to be. Maybe the use of the word hotel was wrong, but anyway, we have changed the configuration of our room. We ended up blocking off a wall like putting jip rock up. We had these two ugly arches, so we now have our TV where the archers used to be, and the room feels a lot bigger. So we needed a bigger couch. And basically, and every time I tried to take a picture of this old couch, it looked absolutely filthy. I don't know if it's because we moved where it was sitting and there was different lines. Well, it just looked filthy the more we looked at it. But I couldn't take a new photo of it. So I found a photo that I took of when we bought it. Oh, that's a little bit different. And I also found photos of what it looked like from where we bought it. So we got it from James lane. Anyway, we had quite a few people inquire about it, and someone wanted to come and look at it, and we thought, fuck, like, we can't leave it how it is. So we have spent hours and hours and hours cleaning this couch. We had one of those portable upholstery cleaners. I've got one of those. It took so long, and because I was so nervous, because I didn't want to take the covers off and wash them, because I've read so many websites saying that it shrinks them or they it could ball up like blazers. But anyway, we decided that this upholstery cleaner was doing nothing. It looked so streaking and dirty. So at twelve o'clock the other night, we were laughing so much. We're like, fuck, we've got to do something. It's going to drive overnight. So we grabbed all of the pillowcases off, We filled up the bath with water, we chucked in laundry detergent, and we were literally scrubbing them. We said out next one they but probably thinks we're a murderer cleaning this couch off. And you said that. I was like texting you and you suddenly went mia and I'm like, where are you Why are you ignoring me? And You're like, we're cleaning the couch, and I was like, how long does it take? Well, the next day, Brandon still was not happy with some of these cushions that an hour and a half before the people were set to come and look at it. He's like, let's put these two back in the bath. So you put him in the bath again. So Brandon was suggesting getting a leaf blower out to try and dry these cushis. You know, we have a dryer at our house, we have a dryer at ours, but I was wirried it was going to shrink the cushions. Anyway, we had to put it in the dryer. We pulled it all together. It looks fucking brand new. People that the water aren't listening to this. The girl rocked up and she was like, oh my god, I love it, and we were like perfect. So she's coming on Friday to come and get this. This goes out Friday. Hopefully the exchange will have taken place by the well, you know, you have a lot of people listening that might want the couch. It's being professionally clean. Well that's what I thought. I'd probably be more happy to buy a secondhand couch if I knew that it had been cleaned. It's been bleached into an intr anyway, moral of the story is be very careful with your couch. Maybe don't let your dog on it. I thought you gonna say with your marketplace purchase, be wary. Well, we're going to leave things there. Thank you for listening to another episode. If you do enjoy the show, we would love it if you could leave a review, and don't forget that if you want to listen to more content. We do drop a subscriber episode every week on Outspoken, plus all the details to subscribe it in the show.
Speaker 2: Note.
Speaker 1: If you are a massive Molly May fan like me and you're dying to dissect Molly May's documentary, we do that in a lot of detail in Thursday's subs episode, so check that one out. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present.