Speaker 1: Hey, Legends walking back to the Mason cockshow a lot to cover on this one. There is a Brownlow favorite that might be losing his chance of winning the whole thing we're gonna talk about.
Speaker 2: Also, Dimma dropped an a F bomb. Whoa.
Speaker 1: That was a bit of a story this week. And also there's a few injuries we need to go through because the league is seeing a few go down. We're going to get into that much much more starting on the podcast right now.
Speaker 2: All right, Legends, We've got a big episode.
Speaker 1: So starting off as we always do, welcome Brandon.
Speaker 3: I want to jump into my clanger because this week I'm clanging myself, so ripped the band aid office talk.
Speaker 2: Trash all last week or a fresh one.
Speaker 4: I went pretty hard last week.
Speaker 3: I've had the flu, so I don't know if you might be able to hear me wheezing over here, but I reckon I can blame that for last week's aggression. It was very aggressive. This week, I'm bringing the zen a lot more positivity. So I clang myself because last week I said Saint Kilda was the most boring ticket in town. I heard you, yeah, and then they came out and beat Sydneys Ones by two points in what was quite the blockbuster holding on. But I will say a bit of like defending myself, and it's similar. I'll put them in the same boat. We've got a boat, and we're going to put them in the boat, and we're going to put Freemantle in the boat and say, look at this, look at this.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: When you play exciting fast footy, you win, and it's a much more enjoyable game. People buy the tickets. It's an entertainment sport. We all go along, we're all happy. When you play the other shit that you play sad, slow, depressing, defensive crap, you don't win and no one's enjoying it. So let's just we'll play fast, We'll play exciting. I'll get behind Saint Kilda. I'm always behind Freeman. I love the Purple Mist or whatever the hell they are.
Speaker 2: The Purple miss love it out there, the.
Speaker 4: Old heave ho.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so I'm clanging myself for saying that the most boring ticket in town if they play like they played on the weekend, Yeah, sign me up.
Speaker 4: I'm getting a ticket. I'm going down there.
Speaker 2: The membership.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't like those to the.
Speaker 3: Foot I like watching in the safe space of my own little house.
Speaker 2: But cracking vbs O, the people will.
Speaker 3: Start going and it'll be good anyway. What's your clanger this week?
Speaker 1: No, I must preface this with I do have a massive amount of love and respect for cheer squads around the league, not just calling Woods cheer squads, but.
Speaker 2: Everyone, because what are you doing?
Speaker 1: They do a fantastic job, whether it be carrying those big pom poms that make no damn sense, behind the calls that looks like it's one hundred years old, we're making custom signs. There's some beautiful things I do right, but there's one sign in general that they've kind of messed up here and there and over the weekend. I hate to call them out, but the Richmond Tigers cheer squad a little bit of a debacle with their banner, you could say. Now, don't get me wrong, rainy day, bit of wind, not great for a banner, right.
Speaker 2: Not especially something that's made of paper, right. Not great. Over the weekend though, it was just scattered.
Speaker 1: It looked like a chess board by the time they had kind of gotten out there and we're about to run through it and I think everyone has a bit confused.
Speaker 2: Not we've had this experience.
Speaker 1: Run twenty eighteen, we had a you know, it's a very famous banner that just disintegrated the middle of air and you know, Bucks was kind enough to hug the cheer squad member and you know, a very lovely experience.
Speaker 2: Obviously, I was a bit confused.
Speaker 1: We're walking out thinking, oh, maybe we're doing a combined one or something. I'm not really sure that one pretty big ban on that one. Yeah, we got it right in twenty twenty three though, you don't worry about that. But yeah, that's that's gonna be my clanger of the week. It's a it's a it's a love love thing, right. I'm trying to put it enough a lot about there, just because I know it's a it's not an easy thingcause a lot of people are giving their their free time to make these things. And we appreciate them as players, we really do. I still kind of think it's funny they grown in run through a banner be four game and seeing with Whims school tune after in a whole huddle.
Speaker 2: But we're going to move on to that.
Speaker 1: We're going to move on from that and get into the results, because there's plenty of I'll go on a ramble about, but let's go straight into the games.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I was going to be nice this week, and you've already come out and clang the nice people that give up their free time to make the create paper banner.
Speaker 5: Did you not hear my preface, which means I could say after.
Speaker 3: It, Yeah, don't get offended. That's one of those ones. Don't get offended. But na results this week, we'll skip over the Collingwood game. North Melbourne got the win over your Gold Coast sons. We'll have to talk about that because Dimmer wasn't happy. Port Melbourne absolutely demolished the Western Bulldogs.
Speaker 4: Port Melbourne Football Club.
Speaker 3: Port Melbourne Football Club might have beaten the Western Bulldogs given what they dished up for Port Adelaide back on their winning ways.
Speaker 4: Geelong beat Hawthorne.
Speaker 3: That was that was a big win because I thought, you know, Hawthorne might have got there. GWS got the chocolates against Carlton, but it looks, you know, a bit touch and go Freemantle.
Speaker 4: Big win over Richmond.
Speaker 3: Expected that Melbourne got the chocolates over West Coast, big win. Expected that Saint Kildom, most exciting ticket in town, got the dub over the Sydney Swans, and Brisbane got the job done against Adelaide.
Speaker 4: But Adelaide, you know, they took.
Speaker 3: The fight up to him. So what are the big talking points. Well, we can't go past Isaac Heeney and his little backfist to Jimmy Webster. Now, Jimmy Webster has had his own indiscretions, so you think you might get a free pass for that one, but no, you can't hit anyone. So it's not a tit for tit for tat? Yeah, can I can I say? Can I say tit? On the podcast this earlier we're going to get demonetized. Fut let's jump into it because you know, it is what it is at the moment where we stand, and as we're recording this, he's got one week. No doubt they'll challenge that one. But as we've seen in the past, these Brownlow medalists normally get a favorable decision when it's taken to the tribunal. Do you feel like that's an actual tangible thing. Do brown Low favorites get looked after when they take it to the tribune.
Speaker 2: I think what will happen.
Speaker 1: Most likely is the team will do anything and everything within their power to try to change it. So you talk about like going to the m RO right, they definitely challenged that, and then you know they might challenge the challenge. I'm not sure how many times you can do this, but I've seen it before in the past where somehow you can get legal people involved and then challenge the challenge from a perspective of that, and then someone else gets involved. So you know, it's a massive ordeal to have a Brown Law medalist play at your club and be able to have a season like he's having. So I think from their standpoint, they're going to do anything and everything in their capabilities to make sure that he doesn't get a week do. I think probably, based on other situations that have happened this year, the AFL's ruling would probably be adjudicate a week and that's what they've decided. So I think that's pretty on brand. But you know, we've seen these things happen. It's going to be an interesting little MRO case. It was he kind of swung back and then apologized right away. He kind of he knew he'd done stuffed up. Yeah, he knew it.
Speaker 2: As soon as he did it, he was like, ah shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He looked down as to almost be like, oh, can I help you up? I also need to go get the footy at the same time he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he kicked the goal. It was an important goal.
Speaker 3: So the first thing that always pops to my mind in these circumstances are the Patrick Crips situation.
Speaker 1: But that was like Carlton's They need to hark Carlton's lawyer. That's the number one thing they should be doing, is Colent and that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe it's a bit of favoritism, but maybe it's also teams try extra hard when they're there. Absolute marquee players need to be getting off.
Speaker 4: So it's a wait and see on that one.
Speaker 3: But normally the thing that rolls out of these circumstances are they will get off. Inevitably, these Brownlow favorites will get off, and then it turns into a bit of a shambles down the line because a plan not in contention for the Brownlow will pretty much do the identical thing and get rubbed out for weeks.
Speaker 4: So I think just stand by.
Speaker 3: For that because it's it's it's not really, it's always inevitability.
Speaker 4: There's no exception to the rule. It's always it happens.
Speaker 3: You'll watch next week, someone will have a backswinging and it'll be you know, the same thing all over again. But I think out of these because we've had you know, Harley Reid, We've had Sam Darcy be rubbed out for the contention for the Rising Star. We've got Heni now temporarily rubbed out at least for the Brown Low. Do you think we should keep the fairest elements to all of these awards and medals or should we be removing that so we get the you know, the truest definition of the best player, and the best young player gets the award even if they've been rubbed out for a week or two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's two other awards you look at. It's like the coaches MVP and the AFL players MVP. Right, So it's I'm voted on by the players and voted on by the coaches, And I wish those were held with you know, a bit of a more respect in that sense, you know, because I think like obviously everyone looks to the brown and says, oh, that's the best player. You know, but whenever you're adjudicated by your peers and opposition coaches in that sense, and you're decided to be the best player, I feel like that has a bit more pool and a lot more legitimacy in a sense of a player's mind because you look at I mean, I've said this before as like umpires, you know, hopefully they're umpiring, not adjudicating who's the best player on the field, right, And I think the fairest part I understand, Like I totally get that. I've always been a fan of you know, the best part of a best in fairest should be an independent review panel, whether it be made up of people from the media, whether it be made up of people that you know are involved in football, wherever it is. But I think the fairest part should be umpires, and there should be maybe the head of umpiring should be adjudicating whether or not someone suspended.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe that's a bit smarter.
Speaker 1: Someone that's actually making the rules and upholding them within the game should probably be the person that's probably adjudicating whether someone should be suspended or not. But instead we choose this independent review panel who I don't even think anyone really knows who's made up of and they decide whether or not a player was malicious and a certain act. Right, So I find it interesting that that's the way it's adjudicated here. I've never quite understood or like really gotten why they do it that way. But I always thought the umpire should deal with the fairest and then the best part should be an independent review panel that's involved in the footy industry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what you're saying is instead of the MRO.
Speaker 3: Adjudicating like who should be suspended and who shouldn't, the umpires should be adjudicating who's getting suspended for what during the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think so.
Speaker 1: I think there's a head of umpiring that person should be looking at vision and everything else and seeing this stuff behind the play and stuff that people might get suspended for. Adjudicating that and if someone wants to challenge it, what does a challenge do? They go to a court case, which is the m RO to figure out whether or I should go. I don't know if that sounds too logical world. You know, it's something that I've always found in mad because you look at the MRO and how many people are involved. I've been to one of them myself, and the amount of people and lawyers that get involved in people that are not probably cheap per the hour.
Speaker 4: Tribunal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, the tribunal. I find it amazing. That's still the way and the most efficient way I think to be able to like, surely you just use someone that's hired within the AFL. You don't go and probably pay people an hourly ready to go be a judge on a fake court case about something that's happened in sport who isn't really involved in the sport anymore.
Speaker 4: It is so weird.
Speaker 2: It's such an odd way of it's like getting it together.
Speaker 4: It's like a fake little court case.
Speaker 2: It is a fake court case.
Speaker 4: That's weird.
Speaker 1: Like I went in there, like I didn't swear in whenever I went in, but I got treated as if I was a fucking criminal on that joint for two and a half hours. And we knew what it was going to be before we even got in there. Yeah, and they told us the way it was going to end up, and we still had to go through two and a half hours of just absolutely getting reamed by some guy, yes, no questions, as if I had committed a murder.
Speaker 3: If it's a fake, they should at least give it the judge duty treatment, like you should have like a little famous judge in there with the hammer and the curls. And we turned it into a bit of a thing because I've been in like I was on the journal side of things, and you've got to sit out in that cold little hallway with your camera waiting for people to come out, and you have no idea how long it's going to take, and you're waiting because you want to just go and eat dinner and stuff.
Speaker 1: You got Tom Brown just like tweeting the whole thing out and you're like, what are we doing.
Speaker 4: Put a camera in there.
Speaker 5: It's not a real we don't need to follow real laws because it's not a real thing.
Speaker 4: That's so stupid, the whole thing so dumb.
Speaker 3: But anyway, we'll move on because we could talk about that all night. But Logan McDonald, this is unfortunate, but you know, he put himself in the right position, right place, for right time, just not the right result for him and the Sydneys Ones. But two weeks in a row he's had a chance to potentially win the game. One was after the siren last where he missed a point, missed a lot. He needed a point to draw goal to win. Missed the lot this week, a little bit closer, a little bit straighter, better kick got his point this week.
Speaker 2: Turn the positives. Yeah, he's just a very positive man.
Speaker 3: He needed the goal, though this week he couldn't get the points. He got the point, unfortunately, couldn't get his team across the line. Uh do you like that he was? He was pretty confident going back and having a crack at goal. Like what does that take mentally to be able to go back and try to shake those demons?
Speaker 1: The only the only way to shake those demons from the week before is to do it again. And like he got the opportunity and like unfortunately it didn't kind of pan out, but like the only way to shake demons, I think in that sense is you know, obviously practice getting comfortable in that stress, stressful scenario. But I mean it's it's back to back weeks. Like that's just like phenomenal to think that the same person is taking the same kick essentially on one week and then the very next week. So it was tough to see because you kind of want that feel good story of like, hey man, you had rough week last week, and you know you kicked it this week and you had an absolute gun and you know, unfortunately he was able to put it through. But you've got to look at things in a positive light, right, Like the fact that he was you know, did the work to be able to be given that chance and that circumstance and be able to try and win the game for your team is a positive within itself, you know. I think you've got to have that mentality and say, look, you know you can hit this shot. You know that's within your repertoire, and you're getting the opportunities. All it is just a matter of you're finishing and like I know, that's a lot easier said than done, but it's just repetition and feeluncomfortable on your skim whenever you're in that high pressure situation.
Speaker 4: It was cool that he took the shot.
Speaker 3: Hopefully, I think Horse said one day he'll get it and he'll kick it and he'll be able to feel good about him and.
Speaker 2: The boys will lose their mind so nuts, I'll love it, all right.
Speaker 3: So we'll move on because we're back on the merry go round of which coach should get the sacks? Because we talk about it each week. We've had Chris Fagan at the start of the year. Now look how much he's turned it around. We've had Luke Beverage over the year. We had Ken Hinckley just last couple of weeks ago. Now he's won two in a row. So they're looking for someone else. They're talking about Adam Simpson this week with the poor West Coast Eagles after having so much success over his career and now they're going.
Speaker 4: Through a bit of a struggle patch.
Speaker 3: They actually we've been pretty competitive through the middle part of the year, but you know, it's a long, long season. I just want to look at all of these coaches in general and think that some of these coaches are around for ten plus years and give a lot to these clubs. Obviously they take a wage from it, but you've been in the four walls. It's so much more than just a job. You have to be live, you have to be all in on it, and it trains you emotionally, spiritually, mentally, physically.
Speaker 4: There's got to be a way.
Speaker 3: And this is Tom opening up the floor to a discussion of who you asking is. Yeah, I just think of these like awesome, like coaches, especially premiership coaches that bring so much to a club that there's got to be like an amicable way to you know, end a time at a club where you can celebrate a coach.
Speaker 1: I think it's always hard whenever you win a premiership as a coach, because then that becomes your bar. Yeah, right, So then as a coach, everyone says, look, if you don't win a premiership, then it's an unsuccessful season because we know you can do it. We've seen you do it before. So it's it's one of those things I think as a coach, it's it's got to be tough because like obviously it's a bit of a cyclical thing with players that come through. You have like experienced players that you've built up and then you have to kind of revamp it. And it's like it's never you can try to get the young players to come through and like be consistently good at the time of the whole time. But it's it's actually quite tough, Like everyone goes in cycles. Like you look at what Richmond's having to go through at the moment, you know, after losing Jack and Trent and all that, like they've kind of now have to restructure a bit and then try to get some people with experience to be the leaders of that team. And it's just one of those things that happens. And like you, you know, I take it from my standpoint of what I've experienced with Box mid season, and yeah, like you said, it was it was a bit of a celebration for that week.
Speaker 2: But I mean, how many years did he coach there? Eight, eight, nine years or something like that. It's a fair tunk of your life to give up.
Speaker 1: And it's not like I don't think people understand kind of the time and the hours and the mental capacity you have to have to do a head coaching job. Like I think every week you having to talk to probably ten people and breaking their hearts saying, look, you're not playing AFL this week, and you have the beauty of saying, you know, you're playing your first game and things like that too. But to try to keep those people on the edge still motivated, even though you have to give them bad news on a consistent basis is a hard thing. And it's not like then you look at the end of the year and you having to sack people. It's like there's so many negative, negative things you have to do. That's you know, and you have these personal relationships with these guys, so it's got to be a like gut wrenching thing to, you know, tell them it's done, and it's not. I mean, it's not a job I kind of wish on anyone really, like it's one of the hardest jobs I've ever seen. So, yeah, it's a weird one of how do you kind of show the respect on the way out, Like you look at Dema, you know, two years ago, and A really stopped with Richmond. He kind of said, look, this is kind of my decision, and he kind of took it on himself to move on rather than saying I'm going to let the club essentially sack me, which was a different thing I don't think we've really seen too often. Usually it's the club goes, hey, I see you later. You know, you've got a week two We're going to move someone else into this position. But even whenever Bucks left, like we had who would have our harvest came in as a head coach and it's not like you have the next head coach ready to go. So then we played, you know, half a season with the head coaching staff. That was most likely to leave after the year, so you're going, okay, would have been better just to keep boxing and then be able to say halfway through the year, this is your last year. Let's just celebrate the last chunk of it. I don't know, I don't know where the better side of it comes from, but I think as a coach you'd want to probably see the year out and say, look, you know, you're just gonna have to play the young guys if we want to get experience in people. And it's a you know, it's a bit of a conversation coming from probably the board down to the coach of saying, look, this is where you stand. We're going to make a public statement probably four or five weeks out from the end of the season if you're not successful and you know, be able to celebrate what you've been able to do with our club.
Speaker 3: We'll move on to talk about the Melbourne West Coast game because this one was a bit interesting.
Speaker 4: Melbourne scrappy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Melbourne obviously got the big win, but there was a lot of talking points, a lot of injuries.
Speaker 4: So Max Gorn's come out of this one with an injured.
Speaker 3: Ankle, Pickett hurt his finger, Oscar Allen played through his sore ankle, but probably the worst of the lot, Jeremy McGovern injured his ribs and lungs again.
Speaker 4: Doing he's got some bad ribs, which is.
Speaker 3: Doing courageous shit go on back to stop people kicking goals. He always seems to put himself in, you know, a vulnerable position.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, he went to the hospital and got all checked out.
Speaker 3: Actually I saw him a couple of times on the weekend, did Yeah, he was walking down Chapel Street and.
Speaker 2: I just stopped the stuf.
Speaker 3: Yes, at least he got to see Melbourne before he got to see the hospitals. But yeah, so it's going to be an interesting one the fallout for that because Melbourne's you know, running on a pretty thin roster as it is at the moment. Gorn's going to miss a couple off the back of that West Coast that they're done as it is, like they've got no players really, so that's not going to help them at all. Losing McGovern and then Oscar Allen if he's not playing at one hundred percent, he just can't seem to get a good run at it.
Speaker 4: At the moment, we.
Speaker 2: Know he's one of the best players in the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just needs to have his body kind of be able to stick up for him.
Speaker 3: So yeah, absolutely, And it would be good to see them all be able to play together for an extended period of time.
Speaker 4: So prayers up for McGovern.
Speaker 3: We did see an interesting scrap between Max Gorn and Harley Reid. Now, this was an interesting matchup. Max Gorn kind of got him.
Speaker 4: He was on top. You'd probably expect it.
Speaker 2: Whoever's on top is a win, alright.
Speaker 4: That's pretty much it.
Speaker 3: But Max gone big heavy unit read you know, pick on someone that's not.
Speaker 4: I know you're confident. Just pick on some guys that are like you.
Speaker 2: Love it. A little bit of fire from the from Reid.
Speaker 1: I love it after the biggest guy on the ground, so I ain't afraid of you.
Speaker 4: A lot of scraps over the weekend. Your boy Cozy Picket.
Speaker 3: Huge another hangar, huge hanger. He was threatening big ones all year. He's taken a couple of speculative attempts, but he stuck this one.
Speaker 4: Do you reckon it's any better than your teammates s marks.
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: The other boys ahead of them love Cozy. Everyone knows I little love picket. It was such a it was such a good one, like seeing the way it was just set up perfectly. Everyone knows, Like the balls kicked up and you see the defender of four steps ahead of them and he's just sitting there, just lurking, just ready to pounce. I was just perfectly set up for something like that. So it was it was a very good hanger. I don't think it's better than Bobbie's and I don't think it's better around ja. They both like Jamie and Bobby actually hung in the air on the shoulders for like a decent second or two. Yeah, and Bobby just landed on his feet and it just looked so clean where jamis is like he kind of like went forward with it. So whoever the hell's a judicating to sort that out. But yeah, I don't think it's gonna don't think it's gonna top them. I don't think it's gonna top them.
Speaker 3: Normally, I don't like it when they land on their feet, but there's something about Bobby's He like landed with like a strut, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like kicks it after to just love no Love, No Bobby.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Zach Butters because.
Speaker 3: He is speaking of fight Zach Butters might no, I will say, Zach Butters is going to be the most fine AFL player in the history of the game, which is pretty wild to think. He's so young still and he's gonna pass Toby Green, which is like I thought Toby Green would have been streets ahead of everyone. So you know you're doing some stuff wrong if your zoom and past Toby Green in terms.
Speaker 4: Of fines, because Toby's done some shit.
Speaker 3: So I just wanted to break this down because I wanted to know, like, how do you stop him? Because we saw Ken Hinckley during the game have a bit of a word because you know he's he's literally just been in trouble the last couple of weeks for people are getting under his skin. They're realizing that if you pay close attention to him and you know, keep bumping him and keep giving him extra attention, he can lose his call.
Speaker 4: And that's what he keeps doing.
Speaker 3: So we saw Kenny Hinckley because he was wrestling again on the weekend, just be like, come on, mate, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: How do I get you to stop? It's your money.
Speaker 3: Across the line into suspension territory because we need you. So I just want to ask, like, if a teammate of yours was in the same boat, just doing the same thing, constantly flirting with suspension, really punching blokes off the ball, what would you do? Would you have a word with him with the leadership, have a word with him. What happens if he keeps reoffending? Can you take that internally and punish them internally?
Speaker 4: Like, how would you go about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you probably have the conversation around the cautionary, cautionary way of looking at it, because you don't want him to get suspended. He's such a big part of their team, right, So I think the leadership group or someone or the coach or whatever it is, kind of says, look like, you know, there is a high probability of you getting suspended if you keep doing this shit, and we need you in the game, and we need you playing for us to be able to try to make finals and try to make a run at this thing. Now, I think it's more that conversation and maybe giving him a bit of advice where if you see him getting you know, aroused or arouse, you see him getting heated up you know, with someone bumping in wherever it is, you know, giving that feedback of VI like you know, think about back to like what's the movie with Adam sam Wers like Goose.
Speaker 2: Goose, But yeah, give them a little word, give him a word to be.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, get out of your own head, Yeah, and realize the situation and then just calm down right. Whether it be three Brass, whether it be some psycle. Let the psychologists of the club sort that out. But I think that's the conversation you need to have with them to say, like, look, you need to you need to make sure that you're not going to cost us by costing yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he needs a little mantra.
Speaker 1: He needs to write like steel Side has, like get up on his hand and something like that.
Speaker 2: Just a real obvious statement.
Speaker 3: Let's move on to the big winners, because we do have port as the big winners. Two wins back to back after Kenny's pretty much straight after Kenny had been booed. He's one two back to back and all the big names of firing. Georgiardi has kicked five goals, one up for Horny Frank our Boy three goals twenty disposals, Rosie thirty six in a goal, Butter's thirty three in a goal and Ollie Wine's thirty in a goal. So they all kind of turned it on against the Bulldogs and it was good to see. But we will look forward to the ball and at the moment their accuracy just isn't there. With some of their forwards. We look at Finlayson's going at thirty four percent. Thirty four percent, that's pretty low. Marshall, who everyone calls a dead eyed dick, He's had forty two percent twenty goals seventeen, couple of misses. Dixon, he's had a bit of an off year. So Georgi Yardy is rolling at fifty six percent, which is pretty good. Strike Rade twenty seven goals seventeen. They're more accurate forward. So he's I don't know it's important to the team, but you know what he has done. He's gone out and whacked a bloke and he's going to miss next week, which is an important game. Every game is important for Port and now you've got your most accurate forward coming off five goals, who whacked a bloke. He's going to miss a game and that game is the gold Coast Suns away boys, and we know how good the Sons are at home because they're not good anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So it's first stadium.
Speaker 3: They have to be pretty good over at People's First Stadium. So that's just an other one that Ken must if he had hair, he'd be pulling it out because some of these players are really letting him down when he's fighting for his life out there. We will say both. We want to get around one play here and now, poor Travis Bolk. I'm not putting you in the gun because it's the Positivity Podcast this week. So we're going to get around Travis Bok because looking at those stats, I did discover that Travis Bok is zero goals eleven.
Speaker 4: For the year.
Speaker 3: Mate, Ah, that's not very good. So we're going to get around him. We here for Travis Boke. Watch if Travis Bok kicks his first goal, what are you going to do?
Speaker 2: What excited to see that? We're going to have to.
Speaker 4: We'll make that a challenge.
Speaker 3: If Travis bow kicks his first goal this week against the Suns at People's First against your team, send in a.
Speaker 4: Challenge that you want Mason to do.
Speaker 3: Mason's going to have to do something because we're just this is the Happiness Pod this week on some things.
Speaker 2: I don't appreciate this backhanded thing with Bug.
Speaker 4: This is good.
Speaker 2: He's a good man who's absolutely killed in his career.
Speaker 1: And I know, looking at some of these statistics, right, you got some of the percentages up here, dix to forty six percent, that's not too bad. I feel that's pretty normal. But I think a lot of it, you know, you come down to you know, where are you taking your set shots from? Are they boundary? Are they in front? And some of those percentages you're talking about goal kicking. Actually I feel like you've harked on this before. Is you know some of it might be the way they're offensively going inside fifty and maybe it's you know, some of the smalls or whatever it is, are getting snaps from the angle. That's not really you know, a great percentage shot. But yeah, it's a bit dewey up there opening the Gold Coast.
Speaker 2: It's going to be an interesting thing.
Speaker 4: I have a good counter point.
Speaker 1: Do you think they'll kick over fifty percent accuracy over the weekend?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, looking at that, no, because the the percentages that I left out were all their meds that are way work than those. Okay, so they don't really have any good shots a goal, which joorge Yard, who's not playing.
Speaker 4: So I will say that because.
Speaker 3: That's an argument, is like, oh, but you know, they might get harder shots because they're leading out, they might be forced into the pockets and all that.
Speaker 4: But that's their craft, that's their You train.
Speaker 2: That the whole time too, it's a game plan.
Speaker 3: I see these mids coming forward, like you look at Sydney all their mods just kick them from fifty five sixty from the boundary and they're just so accurate. And I just wonder if you know, you're a forward that trains goalkicking your whole time and you're still rolling out a thirty forty percent.
Speaker 4: I don't get it. Like I feel like, as.
Speaker 1: What would you do to fix gore kicking Brandon as a coach, because you're.
Speaker 3: I feel like you look at every other sport in the world, they're way better at their craft.
Speaker 2: Yep, So Shaquille and Eil free throw is pretty good.
Speaker 4: No, that's not his craft. His craft is dunky.
Speaker 3: We look at like Steph Curry, it's a lot harder to get a basketball. That's this big in a ring, that's that big. If we're looking at difficulty, how big between posts you got? Like what ten meter gap to kick it through?
Speaker 4: Ten? That's a lost man. We all need to get better. To see you.
Speaker 1: I'll give you ten shots at goal. I'd love to know what your percentage would be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got to be within forty because there's no way that I could kill. Someone did ask last week after I said that I'm not greater goalkicking accuracy. They asked if they were surprised to hear that I played AFL, and I have to say that, although I I thank you for the compliment of thinking that I could potentially be an AFL former AFL player, I did not play AFL at any stage in my career.
Speaker 4: I played footy. I played Australian rules football for the Tatura Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: Shout out.
Speaker 4: I was a defender. No one kicked a go in my season. I think I only played like I played like James.
Speaker 3: I played like six or seven games. It was under I was sixteen, under seventeen. But yeah, that's I can take that to the grave with me.
Speaker 4: But no.
Speaker 3: But they also did say in the same message that I've seen to up my style huge. Not today, I'm just I'm lounging today. But I'll be back next week with some more style. Anyway, we'll move on because I'm sick of talking about you, and We'll go to the GWS because they were another big winner my boys and lucky.
Speaker 4: I didn't get off them. That was the one thing that.
Speaker 2: In the first half though not at all, I was did you turn it off? Did to another game?
Speaker 3: I was pretty grim on them because I was like, Carlton's just going to get another big pump and win. And then I was like Carlton's the informed team in the camp at the moment. But they fumbled the back, So that was pretty good to see. GWS big come from behind win. Come from behind if you is it a come from behind if you're down in the first quarter, like, it's not really a comfort behind.
Speaker 4: Come on now, it's a it's a g rated podcast.
Speaker 3: What I will say is Jesse Hogan, big daddy hoages.
Speaker 4: He's kicked five from eleven targets. He's great.
Speaker 3: I love to see it. He's third club and he's just turned everything around. Because I reckon Melbourne, he was just a kid trying to find his way, went to Freo, didn't really have a good run of it at Frio at all. Moved up to GWS and it was like, what's going to change here? Third Club, and boy, he has turned it all around, and it's awesome to see he's, you know, a dominant force up there for him, especially when Toby grand Fair to say that he's been a bit down on for him. So it's great to see Hogan up there firing for him. Toby Bedford another interesting game. He played on Walsh early in the game, kind of shut him down and then Crips got off the hook, so then he went to Crips and kind of you know, calmed him down a bit. Crip still had a massive game, but he did a good job across both of them. We saw big Briggsy. We love to see this. Keep an eye on the big ruckman. He had a big game. Twenty two disposals, forty hit outs, forty's handy. It's not a plumber, but it's handy. Ten clearances. So we like to see Briggs back up there in form of he really took off last year, so it's good to see him get back to some of that form and then the old dog cal war love this thirty touches?
Speaker 4: What do you kick? Two goals? We like that, We like any.
Speaker 2: Love the old fellaws just smoking.
Speaker 4: It's wild to me.
Speaker 3: He what he kicked their first goal ever?
Speaker 4: Every really yeah? And now he's kicking.
Speaker 2: He's still kicking, still kick a goal touches?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: And now GWS back in the eight obviously unfortunately knocked Collingwood down to ninth.
Speaker 4: But you know they've got a you'd.
Speaker 3: Suggest a win or they're at least going to go in favorites next week against Richmond. So they've put themselves back into a good position, which is lucky. Why I didn't jump off of me and I gave him the extra week. Calmness prevailed and we had a little win off the back of St. Kilda sucks, so an even doubt. Now we'll move into this because this is what we all wanted to talk about.
Speaker 4: The big losers for the week.
Speaker 3: Now, your boys, the Gold Coast Suns, they haven't got it done on the road. That's an understatement. They've lost the last fifteen on.
Speaker 2: The road games.
Speaker 3: And this was against North. Now North aren't exactly world beaters at the moment they're having a bit of a form patch and then they're turning it around. But Dimmar wasn't having a bar of it. He came out and said as a footy club, we need to grow the fuck up. And for starters, hearing that was very refreshing. As a Gold Coast fan, he guys out there, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure you upset right here, upsid.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they would have.
Speaker 3: You know, loved to hear it because you love to hear the passion. You love to hear from the coach exactly what you're thinking, because you'd be like, what is this bullshit? Why can't we win on the road? What the fuck's going on? And when the coach says exactly what you're thinking, you're like, great, it's going to be addressed. We know what's going what is happening here. We're all on the same page. So it was great to see from Dimmer. Now he apologized multiple times about his use of the language, but for me, it was refreshing and we'd love to see the honesty from the coaches.
Speaker 4: We always say that and then we have a million.
Speaker 3: Articles written on it after the fact, saying, oh you can't swear, you can't do this, you can't do that. We like the personality, We like the raw honesty of it. How did you, first of all, the presser and how did you see that? What was your take on the swearing and his emotions after the game?
Speaker 1: I mean, you'd be pretty frustrated. I think that's fair to say that Ryan the language which is like I think I think like if you were to sit there and take the F word out of that, I don't think it would be that much of a story. No. I think people are like, yep, we need to grow as a team. We need to get experience in us to be able to win these on the road and have a you know, a successful season, to be able to like, you can't have a successful season if you're not winning on the road, No, like you have to do and you can't lose fifteen games straight on the road and be okay with that like that, there needs to be a standard to say that we need to be able to win on the road, you know, and beat teams if we want to be in the top eight, we have to make sure that we get the wins against the teams that are outside of the top eight, right, Like that's civil mass really like, and I actually like it from him. I think demo like it would be a frustrating experience for him. I think going from Richmond, who he had seen so much success with, you know, was a club that was a lot bigger club, probably had a lot more resources in that sense, and things like that. You know that he's now gone to a club that maybe doesn't have as much of that or you know, it doesn't have the you know, the amount of fans that Richmond had, and it's like it's almost not necessarily stepped down. It's just a different experience for him, and it could be frustrating at times. I can totally understand that first year coach, you know, new club, getting to know people, like there's a lot of stress involved, right and he wants to see him successful and like they you know, for changing coaches and still being where they are right now and having a bit of a run like it's actually, you know, it's a credit to m it's not. He's usually inever you switch coaches, you have a bit of a down year, you know, you try to figure out the new system everything else, you know, and then but like right now, they're still in the hunt for the top eight, which is something they've never done before. So I don't think there's like a doom and gloom. Yes, you need to win on the road. And I think he's very you know, very pointy with the way he kind of said it. But I mean, I'm kind of a fan of it. I know, if you don't like the f wort that's put in there, Channel seven can just bleep it out, I'm sure. But yeah, I think he's just straight up given his actual thoughts out for the game. Like, I mean, I don't think there's an issue where they'd be quite frustrated losing the North Melbourne on the weekend. And yeah, there is a bit of a thing around there losing it away from home. So it's personality. You know, you caught in the moment as a coach, you care, you give a shit. I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you like you'd be more worried if you just rocked up.
Speaker 1: After a lost North melboy on the road, losing fifteen games in a round going Yeah, it's just you know, it's a tough day, but we went on.
Speaker 5: You'd be like, as of support, he'd be like, come on, man, give me something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you like it when coaches use the public forum to g up the team.
Speaker 1: There's there's right and wrong ways to go about it. I think you always want to look after obviously, like the club and the fans and things like that, and I think like you look at maybe this comment about the footy club and you could you know, you could see the other side of it, or like the football club being like, oh shit, like you kind of you having to dig it us, not just the players, but the club as a whole. So yeah, I mean I can see both sides of it, but I don't think I don't know, I don't think it's a great thing. I think it's more you get the energy whenever an opposition coach says that opposition coach and an opposition player says something that gives you that motivation, that little extra ticker to be like, nah, we're going to go at these boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Justin Longmire said either last week or the week before he came out and said like there was a few of our mids like just pad like padding for stats rather than playing team footy. So I don't mind it when a coach uses it to spark up like maybe a section or a group that maybe haven't taken the direction or whatever, and I haven't listened, and then you put it on notice in a public forum. Yeah, I just I like that externally. I just never thought about, you know how much that could influence internally, if you might be able to rub the players up the wrong way or hopefully you know how they'll respond to something like that being their coach. But it's always an interesting one. Have you ever been called out like publicly in a forum?
Speaker 2: Not publicly?
Speaker 1: Probably say, had some statements that were made by certain players at the club not appreciate it and we can don't. That's probably where I've been called out I think the most.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nice, I like that.
Speaker 3: I will move quickly through the Western Bulldogs because they it's fair to say, big losers from the weekend getting flogged by Port, who you know, have been in the gun themselves in recent times. So there's no real shame losing to Port at home because they are still a decent team. But the way that they lost wasn't great, and especially their forwards how they.
Speaker 1: Talked about the tall timber. That was like getting put into this game. Love goes back. You still got three tall forwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was interesting because Norton went out early with concussion. Sam Darcy didn't kick a goal, hugile Hagen didn't kick a goal. They persisted with lob back and then it was really just the Bond doing BoNT things. Went forward, kicked three goals, adstra Law racked up almost forty touches.
Speaker 4: It's kind of the same old, same olds.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't they've gone past Mulligan stage for me where you can't just write this one off because it's a pretty consistent pattern that.
Speaker 4: It's every other week.
Speaker 3: But they do come back home and they've got a big game against Carlton next week at Marvel at Marst.
Speaker 1: Home games, which yeah, you'd love to see the Bulldogs fire up from that game losing by a big margin to port out a let at home. To see them go back have a home game against one of the best teams in the league in form at the moment to get a win. I think that would really help their fan base get a bit of hope and.
Speaker 3: Faith because I thought they'd turned the corner. I was that close this As we've.
Speaker 1: Said this before, it's like, you know, they have a game, they go oh Man, this is maybe a turn in the corner and they get you know, they're win five or six straight, you know, and then they lose one. That's maybe winter Ball two weeks later or something. You just never really feel like you have one hundred percent finger on the pulse of where they're at. Yeah, I feel like the Bulldogs have always kind of been like that. But they're still in the heart. Man, there's still chance they just have to We're getting to the pointy end. We'll talk about later is how close the ladder is, And really there's there's probably fifteen teams there are a chance to make the ape at the moment.
Speaker 3: So that's what I'm getting more and more wary of, is writing a team off because it's a very close year. But it's a close year where all teams are falling down. So it's gonna be one of those ones who's there. It's a Stephen Bradbury who's there at the last moment. Because every team that's had, every team so far has had a moment where they've been down, whether it's been Collingwood has been down, Brisbane's been down, Bulldogs have been down, Port's been down. Everyone's been down or had their moments. Sydney is currently going through it with two losses in a row and they looked unbeatable three weeks ago. So every team's got these down patches and we're just going to see who can get it right coming into finals. And then you know, we looked at Geelong, Geelong we're like a shambles and now they're they had a big win over the weekends, so it's really anyone's to win. It will go through to the Collingwood game, because that's another one we put it on Essendon that it's you know, they're a bit up and down, but they're holding strong their position inside the top four. Are they still in the top four? Of it is crazy and everyone is questioning them. Can they beat a good team because they've been beating teams that are lower down on the ladder, And any excuse to kind of throw at this Essendon team because people have been waiting for him to drop, Well they're not dropping and they had a massive win to their credit over Collingwood on the weekend. Lots of pressure. Zach Merritt, Oh god, he's got to be up there looking at that game. And I heard someone say it that he should be right up there for all Australian captain contention, and I think this year he's put his hand up because the way that he's led the team, He's doing it at both ends. He's kicking goals, but he's getting back, he's saving games, chasing, tackling, bringing players along with him.
Speaker 4: He's been massive.
Speaker 2: Do you have him as the captain going on?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Off the top of my head, I would like.
Speaker 2: You think he's over bond right now?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll give it to him. I feel like they do seem to give it.
Speaker 4: To repeat guys.
Speaker 3: OK, So, like the bond would make a lot of sense because he's kind of been there, done that, But I think it's well worth the reward from where Essenon were, the direct change in his game and where they are now has all correlated, like it it just Yeah, what he's done this year has been massive.
Speaker 1: It's been incredible. He's absolutely smashed it and over the weekend you can definitely see his impact in the game, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, On's been great this year, but he's like impact is unique this year because I feel like they're swinging him forward and playing him forward when he hasn't been getting the ball in the midfield. So it's been like one of those it's it's been out of necessity at times. But yeah, Zaki Merritt has just been going. He's just been plugging away. I've loved his game this year. Let's talk about Collingwood because wowsers. We look at these two injuries and two blokes that you would say you would never, could never afford to get injured. You've got Checkers up for and you've got DC in the ruck when stocks are already thin. Now I look at those Checkers. The roughest run with it hamstring into hamstring into peck, and he'll be sorely missed because not a lot of tall timber up forward at the moment, and d C no rucks left.
Speaker 4: Really, have you.
Speaker 2: Got DC's fine? I think he's all right.
Speaker 3: Well, he went and got checked out because his ribs were cooked, and so you're telling me he's good enough to get back out there.
Speaker 2: He's just gonna.
Speaker 4: Copper cement, suck up pills.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's definitely looking better than I have. Yeah, I mean, yeah, those things are happening. I know Checkers obviously is out for the year. I've kind of come out with the media that sense where he has to have surgery on his pack.
Speaker 2: That's very unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Talking to him the other day, actually he hasn't had surgery since like twenty sixteen or something, and I'm like, this is insane. For like, how many times I've seen you go back to the fly to get crunched or whatever. It is pretty amazing. So yeah, he's he'll go in for surgery and unfortunately see him done for the season. And then DC had that Yeah, got I think got a bit of a clip in the in the ReBs, so they'll.
Speaker 2: Get that looked at.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's going to be an interesting one to see who takes Marchek's position because we've got Krugz, who's you know, been playing that pinch hit slash forward a pinch hit rock and then also on the forward. And then there's the big question around Dann McStay. You know, they almost like for like with Checkers, is like, when's he going to be ready?
Speaker 4: Can I ask you that question?
Speaker 3: Because we've been hearing all about Dan mixstay at training, how he took a hangar the other so he's sounding like he's almost ready to go. What's an update on Dan Mixtay.
Speaker 1: Damn it stays. He is absolutely killing in training. He looks just he looks ready to go. But I think with these things, right, like, you have to trust the medical people in their experience of you know, how to come back in the best you know, avenue to be able to come back to playing ifl because let's be honest, we can't really afford to be losing any tolls anymore. And that's the realistic part of this. So I think, you know, with this, you obviously need someone like that in that role, but also you don't want to rush him to the point where something might happen then you just lose him again. So I don't think, I don't know, I have no idea what we're going to.
Speaker 5: Do with it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he goes through the VFL and when he does, or if he goes straight to the NFL, and when that kind of decision is going to be made. I think over the next three, you know, four days, they'll kind of get a bit of an idea. But you have to think that check is going down puts pressure on him to hopefully come back sooner rather than later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I always hate the idea of people coming back from ACLS at.
Speaker 4: One of those raggedy ass VFL venues.
Speaker 1: Playing at vic Park, and that's where he did his ACL originally.
Speaker 3: Let's not say that an update on Jamie Elliott because I've I haven't followed it too closely, but like when you see it on the sheet, it says vascular. For me, when I read that, I feel like it's a bit of Mike Tyson. Tyson's spinal you know, when he did that press my back, it's spainal. It's like, what's vascular? How's that going?
Speaker 4: Is that? Can you come back from that? What's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think he's running fine everything else, and he's training, you know, doing full training and stuff like that too. So he has been doing a bit of running with me. And I find it funny because it's like it's real shit for me because essentially running next to Jamie Elliott very opposite into the spectrum right quick, not so quick, you know, can turn very quick, can't turn very quick.
Speaker 3: He's smart because it's like if it's like, geez, Jamie's looking good.
Speaker 5: Floor man, he's killing rehab cooks a few weeks out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it is quite funny.
Speaker 1: Though, because he did go run with I remember the other day we're sitting there doing spreads back and forth and like he's like, all right, Cox, are.
Speaker 2: You going to do two? Jamie, You're going to do four.
Speaker 4: He's like, wow, we.
Speaker 2: Run the same program here. He's like, you run a bit more in games than Cox. He does. So he is killing it, you know. I think he's getting close.
Speaker 1: I'm not really too sure of kind of what the day he comes back of the game he comes back in that sense, but it's good to see him back out and training. I think it just kind of his injury kind of came out of the blue and no one was really knowing what was going on or it didn't expect it by any means. So it's good to see someone looking healthy, running running around and looking back to normal, which is which is what we want.
Speaker 3: Got to get some cattle out in the park. We'll talk about Darcy Moore. He's had a pretty rough week in terms of people talking about him not being in the form and holding him up to his lofty standards that he set for himself. U I think Fly came out and acknowledged that he's probably going through.
Speaker 4: A bit of a dip in form.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, it's hard because it's one it's your captain too. I've never seen Darcy Moore go through a dip in form. How have you seen him around the club? Has he changed in any way? Like, has he been acting any different? Has he been going through it? Have people been supporting him? Like, what's how's Darcy been tracking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's pretty normal. Dose is a very level headed person. Love him to death. He's an incredible human that you know handles. I think the stress of being a captain very well handles you know, the you know, the pressure that's put onto his shoulders and everything else, and I think a little bit. So you know, there's been quite a few changes in the back line. We've now to move Jeremy how forward and you know there's there's things like that that do have you know, an effect on people whenever you've played with someone for a long time and you know, shifting people around in that sense because we've had to try to find another toll to be able to play in the forward line. Yeah, that only affects the player that's swapped, but also people around him that are used to playing with them. Right, So yeah, it's just been a bit of a different experience for him over the last few weeks. I think, I think people whenever you lose games, they look for someone to blame, you know, they look for someone and they start looking at statistics and stuff like that. But yeah, I still look at Darcy as like, you know, he's a he's a freak athlete, one of the best players in the league. So you'd be silly to sit there and keep criticizing him. I think, you know, he's someone that's you know, throughout the years, is being able to, you know, play to an incredible level and continues too. And I know, you know, it's a it's an easy thing for people just to go and blame the captain. So that's might be a little bit of what's going on at the moment. And you know, I think overall we need to be playing better as a team. And it's not a single player that's you know, to blame, it's a it's a whole team aspect. So I don't I don't believe in these things of Darcy Moore commentary and stuff like that. You know, I think we're all just as guilty, and you know, we do this as a collective.
Speaker 3: That's a really good point. I mean, you don't often make them, but Jeremy How when he came on the podcast last year. Last year he did mention that him and Darcy have pretty much an unspoken bond and they can they know where each other was going to be. And once you take that pillar out, it must make it a lot harder on Darcy who kind of is expecting Jeremy How to be where he normally is and having to work with the new players that are filling that position. So that's definitely something that.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I think from my standpoint, it's like there's certain players I've played with for a long time, like you know, Jamie Elliot, Brody Maerchak, right, Like those two come to mind right away because you know that they are just as knowledgeable as you, if not more knowledgeable where they're supposed to be a certain situations of the game and when and if they need to go back or wherever it is, and you kind of have that thing where you check in with them, you go just give them the nod, but you don't really have to feel you don't have to really kind of tell them too much because they know what they're doing and you have that can just from experience has played together of games over the years and whenever it's new people come into it and it's you know, it can be a bit of a shock, but I think you just kind of go, I need to get used to this, you know, I need to get used to what he does and his strengths and how I can you know, help support him in the best way possible to make sure that you know, as a collective we're doing well. So that's part of the experience, right and I think we're learning that as a team. So we've had a few guys get injured this year, and we're having different people play different roles.
Speaker 3: Jeremy Howe has swung forward. Could we see Darcy Moore swung forward?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't like to see him forward.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm all for Darcy to do whatever the hell you want, because you a freak athlete. But I always I think he's been an incredible bachman for us for so long. And you provide such good leadership back there, and you know, you talk about setting up the field and setting up formation and stuff like that, you know, and a lot of that comes from the back line and gets filtered up through the mids and the forwards and stuff, and to have your captain back there as a staple to that is a big benefit for us. So I think I'd love to see him stay in the back line, whether whatever they decided to do, they decided to do. But I think with Jeremy Howe, I mean he's been he's kicked at least I think a goal every single game he's played off forward, so I can't imagine you'd be changing that too much in that situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did remember Pendles once upon a time saying that he believes that Darcy Moore is a Ford.
Speaker 1: Don't want wants tom me. Darcy Moore as like a ruckman just because of his dad was like he could be.
Speaker 4: I don't know, have you gone against him in the.
Speaker 1: Ruck maybe once or twice, but you know you don't drive your ferraris in the mud, mate, drive your ferraris in the bud.
Speaker 3: That got us talking before because we have seen him go forward and he wasn't pretty handy forward in his time. But we were talking about this pre podcast, who's the best swingman the AFL has ever seen?
Speaker 1: Well, the best swingman I've ever seen has got to be Mike bits Blitzervs. Yeah, Mark Blitzervis has to be the best swingman I've ever seen. He plays, and I'm not talking just from the line to the defense. I'm talking about that dude can play wing, he can play rock, he can play forward, he can play back. You just make sure he's on the field and he will just sort out that role.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking more traditional because I saw Ben Reid early Collingwood days.
Speaker 4: He was, you know, built for it.
Speaker 3: He used to play defense, would swing Ford, kick a handful of goals every now and then, then get injured, but he was He was great when he was out there. We talked about another Collingwood great. He moved to Frio and they thought he was a defender. Chris Tarrant started and played at Ford at Collingwood. Then Freo said he's a gun defender. So Collingwood got him back and said, okay, be our gun defender. I also liked Michael Hurley. He's an absolute jet at both ends of the field.
Speaker 4: There's so many good ones.
Speaker 1: Like I kind of like it just for the pun of the name. Cal Hooker was a great swingeringer. He used to go forward wherever you wanted. To he just put him there, he'd do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a good there's there's a lot. There's the McGovern's. I just want to see. Yeah, Matthew Pavlich another great one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of good swingers out there. I'm sure we're missing some l RT. We're talking about Lewis Roberts Thompson good swing man.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's got to be some swingers out there. But Darcy More good swing man. But we just don't Jamie how a good swinger. We'll look ahead because we do have Ash Johnson if you're looking for a replacement for it. He did just kick five goals against the Dolphins in the VFL in a losing side to extra hard to kick a.
Speaker 2: Five goes out there and Frankston got the bong goes.
Speaker 1: There's rumour has it there was a saxophone there over the weekend they've upgraded their chorus.
Speaker 3: Ned long, massive shining light out of the game on the weekend, he was that clean, came.
Speaker 2: In and just like made a difference right away.
Speaker 4: I had a massive difference.
Speaker 3: And you're looking at the Yeah, you're like, oh, that's a new number out there. Who's that and that's he was picking him up at his feet, he was spinning out of tackles, he was clean, he was hitting targets.
Speaker 4: He was great.
Speaker 3: So hopefully we found one there and Ned Long Pendles did kick his two hundredth goal, So he's up on you. You got a bit of catching to do.
Speaker 2: I've got a few goals to go.
Speaker 3: I think you get back out there, Chrispy. You if you kicked them at that rate three goals minutes. If you just kick a goal a minute for the rest of your career, you might have a chance. But we will get to you and your injury. Mason, give us an injury update.
Speaker 2: An injury update. I've actually done really well.
Speaker 1: I think as of today, I'm kind of ahead of schedule from what they expected, so that's good signs. I'm running freely doing all that. There's a little bit of like something I need to figure out to be able to to be able to play, so we're hoping the next few weeks. Yeah, which is kind of crazy to think because I wasn't even really able to run like a week and.
Speaker 4: A half ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so's it's progressed really well in a short amount of time, which is a good sign. And yeah, it's exciting to get back into drills, like I'm actually doing kicking off with the team and things along that nature. So you feel like you're back in it. You feel like you're back part of it. Rather being on the side doing rehab and just running straight lines, you're actually in drills doing different things.
Speaker 2: So it is.
Speaker 1: It's progressing really well and we're happy with it. And you know, obviously with a situation that's going on at the club, you know you want to be back there as soon as possible to help fill that toll role. But you know, the body will do what the body wants to do and hopefully we can see me back out there in a few weeks.
Speaker 3: So it's just back. It's now it's down to your knees. So the rest is good.
Speaker 2: The rest is good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got the cheek bones all figured out, the ribs all sorted, the hands going looking good. What else do I screw up? Concussion's fine, just like cut them off on my fingers. I'll get to the second hand. So let's sort that out now.
Speaker 3: It's like, so you'd say you're fresh and ready to rock for the last part of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we'll be roaring and rearing, rearing and roaring the gate.
Speaker 3: I like, let's look at the preview for the rest of the games for the week colling with Geelong, it doesn't get any easier for you guys. Gelong off a win Hawthorne Freemantle in lawn Sestonet. That's going to be a very interesting.
Speaker 2: You think that's going to be What do you think of that one?
Speaker 4: I'm going free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously we're gonna go calling on the first one, that's a given. But yes, Hawthorne versus three at lawn Sesteon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well freo. Actually, I feel like they play there a bit. They always put those, you know, interstate teams.
Speaker 2: Down in schedules.
Speaker 1: Not great, is it. I want to go halforn of that. I want to have a little bit of an upset there. I've got Hawthorn beaten Free out.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if it's an upset. I don't know what the odds would be on that one.
Speaker 2: That's the crazy the weekend, So.
Speaker 3: Sydney North I feel I feel so bad.
Speaker 4: This is Sydney coming off two losses in a row.
Speaker 3: At the giving them false economy. They like think that they're good again and they're not as good as Sydney. So Sydney plus plus ten goals, Western Dogs Carlton.
Speaker 4: I gotta go Carleton Marble.
Speaker 3: Although yeah, but Carlton's Marvel too bro so like yeah, I feel like Carlton are just that bloody good and they like they just came up against a bloody good team on the weekend.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm going to actually, you know stuff you I'm going Western Bulldogs. I have the Bulldogs beating Carlton at Marvel.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like teams like Saint Kilda last week when they had their back against the wall.
Speaker 4: This week they win that next game.
Speaker 2: Yep, and then has been very much that story all season.
Speaker 3: Adelaide, Saint Kilda, Adelaide oval as up. I give it to Adelaide just at Adelaide Oval. I want to get back on the Saints. Yeah, the Saints and watching end mate, you get sorted. Ah, can I be Sydney last week. I'm gonna because I see what you're going to do here with your cock clocks. I'm just going to give mine to Sydney. Yeah, okayshere else that a safe safe one?
Speaker 4: Wow, Melbourne Essenon at the GI I'm going to give this to that.
Speaker 1: That's a very good game. Jeez Max. If Max Gon is out, give.
Speaker 4: It to Yeah, interesting game.
Speaker 1: I don't know who Melbourne's going to try to put in the middle, but Drooper is gonna have a day out.
Speaker 4: Gold Coast Suns versus Port at People's First.
Speaker 1: Yo, I can't chop off my team. I love Ken Henckley. We know that on this podcast. We love him to their death. The Gold Coast Suns unfitted at home, Yeah, they need to get back on it.
Speaker 2: Dims fired up. Poor's going to get fired up.
Speaker 5: Where you get this dub for the people because it's People's First stadium.
Speaker 4: Brother, see and I assume that your cock club.
Speaker 2: That's the cock clock of the week.
Speaker 3: Damn straight because that's yeah. I like Port being back and I really if they it's.
Speaker 4: A win win for me.
Speaker 3: I reckon if you know if are going to win, we're all happy here. If if Gold Coast lose it home and they're losing away, Dimmer is going to have to He's going to start dropping sea bombs next because you can't f bomb them to wins. Richmond GWS the g nah no nah nah nah GWS. They're back at Jesse Hogan. It's his old stomping ground. You'll probably kick six. Got a bit of room to move down there. West Coast Brisbane optus ooh danger Gate.
Speaker 2: Nah, Brisbane are back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Brisbane are back and go on Brisbane won't get the dub over there.
Speaker 3: We got some good fan questions that have come in, and we love the fan questions and we appreciate all the support. If you haven't already, jump on, subscribe to the podcast, jump on to Spotify, subscribe to the podcast YouTube, all of that. Follow us on the socials. Let's jump into it.
Speaker 1: If you want to be a part of the fan questions you have for us on insta Instagrams where we put him up and we have a look at him before we come into the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah on the day, and we give love to the people that give love to us.
Speaker 3: So we put him in the story and you won't see him in the story unless you're following us. That's how it all works. I don't you know how social media works. Give this one to bell. If you could be friends with any fictional character, who would it be and why? Any fictional character, movie character, cartoon character.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I'm a big Marvel fan, so I think just like Tony Stark, how coulould it be to be friends with Tony Stark?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean he just rock up to his house. The thing just throws the Iron Man suit on. You go for a little fly round California. You know, just a why not? You know, maybe the house falls into the ocean because someone's attacking you and trying to ruin the university. That could possibly happen. I know that's the risk we're taking, but I think it's worth.
Speaker 2: It, I really do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: I reckon maybe Wiley Coyote because if I maybe he's got pop Eye, if he's got two.
Speaker 4: People, maybe we can catch that fucking road runner who.
Speaker 2: Can finally get them.
Speaker 5: We can finally get the imagine that the anchor always gets you.
Speaker 4: He looks and he's got.
Speaker 3: One eye on the coyote, but he does and seeing the cock come up behind.
Speaker 4: Just wrapping up, that's.
Speaker 2: My behind story.
Speaker 4: It's my last name.
Speaker 3: For those listening, we got h or any nineteen ninety three best Fourth of July memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to everyone that celebrated Fourth of July, whether you're American or not but far Fourth of July bit of a story where we used to go every single year to Willie Nelson's Fourth of July picnic.
Speaker 4: Was he there?
Speaker 1: He was there for like I think he's still doing it, to be honest, him and his family running. It's like forty or fifty years going strong. Used to be out in the middle of nowhere in like Luke and Mack, Texas or something, and as kids we would go there and like I think most people know Willie Nelson, yeah, fan of marijuana, Well, yeah, smokes the reefer on his own, right, like doesn't mind it. As kids, you know, you're five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten years.
Speaker 2: Old, you didn't know what that was.
Speaker 1: As an adult, I know what that smell is, right, So I did now an adult realizing that I was taken by my parents to essentially a marijuana festival of country music every single year for Fourth of Drive. Look, don't get me wrong, fireworks fan pastic It is so funny to me, but that was always my go to member. I used to watch Willie Nelson just absolutely killed on the guitar and just smoke a ton of marijuana, and everyone out.
Speaker 2: There was too. But I just was always like, oh, they're smoking.
Speaker 3: Cigarettes, filthy, He's just out there. Kisa Dodson, Apologies, Have.
Speaker 4: I got that wrong?
Speaker 3: What's a fear? You're yet to conquer heights? I was thinking commitment.
Speaker 2: Commitments up there to commitments. I actually commitment commitments probably the top.
Speaker 4: Why is why a tall people so scared of heights?
Speaker 1: I think it's just like it's you know, the taller you are, the further you have to fall, and you know how hard, like how much it hurts whenever you hit the ground. So then if you just add in extra height, it just makes it even worse.
Speaker 4: Same goes for commitment.
Speaker 3: The more you love, the harder you fall. Uh, no one of us have any I don't have any fears.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty feeling spiders, no feelings, pretty fearless.
Speaker 2: You would jump in the water with sharks? Yeah, you're kidding yourself.
Speaker 4: No, I think I space. I subscribe heavily. Ignorance is bliss.
Speaker 2: Ignorance is bliss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, trying not to think about it.
Speaker 1: If you went to Port Lincoln and there was a great white shark in the water after you jumped it, you'd be okay getting in it.
Speaker 3: If someone was like, oh, get in we've trained them or something. I'd be like, all right, I just believe people. I just believe people getting this cage. We've reinforced it as strong as they can't buy. Okay, can I get Like, if I did bungee jumping, I'm not questioning the rope, If I jumped out of a plane, I'm not questioning the parachute.
Speaker 4: If like, I don't question and stuff.
Speaker 2: I just just do it. I just do it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I almost suffocated to death when I was younger, and I don't. I don't have claustrophobia or anything.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm just too dumb to get scared or something. But yeah, anyway, I don't have anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, move moo.
Speaker 2: Three.
Speaker 4: This is a great one.
Speaker 3: Would you rather never go back to America again or be single forever?
Speaker 2: It's such an odd question.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: Never go back to America again or be single forever? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, I love my parents. It'd be tough to say no to them. I think I just had to be single forever and just be loved by everyone.
Speaker 4: To be fair, it's pretty close to that being the truth.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're essentially living it right now. It's pretty right now.
Speaker 4: Being single forever.
Speaker 2: Jeez. Yeah, well single as in like not married.
Speaker 4: No, just like things like I'm.
Speaker 1: Not allowed to like physical things happened between you and a woman.
Speaker 4: No, I know you can. You can have sex.
Speaker 2: That's calmed down with the word man.
Speaker 4: What do you think it is? Something different?
Speaker 2: Who? Whoa?
Speaker 1: All? Right?
Speaker 2: Sinsor that? Please?
Speaker 1: That good to know what your favorite is that. Let's move on to the next question.
Speaker 3: We got Jessica Mackie. Do you know any AFL players who are vegan?
Speaker 1: I do, Actually, I'm pretty sure Jordan Roughhead was whenever he was playing. He's still coaching, and does that. Chris Maine was vegan?
Speaker 2: What has it been? Reid went vegan for a little bit too back in the day.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was his wife's a natural paths so very into health and holistic kind of stuff, so they were vegan. Yeah, there are players that are vegan. I think it's it's it's one of those things is we have lunch catered to the club, right for like two three days a week, and they do have like their separate the vegan pan, right. You know, you always have that friend that's the vegan that sits at the table and always has to ask the question to the waiter.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hate to tell you, I'm vegan. The waiter's going it's.
Speaker 4: Like, what can I get on the right, And the answer is always, oh, chips, Yeah, chips, we got salad, a salad. We can take the chicken out of it. Like it's always like an afterthought thing.
Speaker 2: Well, you got to go to like a vegan restaurants.
Speaker 4: See O the one the pescatarians. You can eat fish.
Speaker 1: You can eat fish, but you can't eat meat. Yeah, I don't know. There's too many of them nowadays. I can't think of it. It's like religions. I'll go into like some other questions because I put this out there to the world. I haven't really experienced local footy very much. Right, and the VFL team went down to Franks, and Franks is known for its bongos, right, and they drum those up the whole time. It's a bit of a show there. Then they have the saxophone this week. You know, they do anything to make the ridiculous, most ridiculous noises noises you could think of. I asked her, I said, what's the weirdest thing you've kind of seen? It? A foot ground and these are some of the answers that we got. I think there's still things out there. I mean you talk about the pig on the field, pigt full forward, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Things like that.
Speaker 1: We had one person, Zach Matthews, came in and they said, playing footy in the country and they had forty four gallon jumps loved the best siscificity or wherever the hell that word is specific nature of forty four gallon jumps with fires in them around the ground. Yeah, So they're essentially being watched by homeless people just having to burn around the around the ground.
Speaker 2: Is that the idea? Is it? Do you not?
Speaker 3: You just can tins stand around a barrel of fire and watch the boys slip around the mud for a bit.
Speaker 2: Does that actually happen in footing ground? Yeah? Have you seen that personally the footing ground?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Forty four gallons drumps? Is that a thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's a little surd Can you what can you do that to the vfl Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like the metal ones.
Speaker 3: You get the metal barrels, you stab some holes in there, spores.
Speaker 2: And stuff on it.
Speaker 1: You know, you rost the marshmallow and you bring the little gram crackers out of get bit Hershey's Chocolate Real.
Speaker 3: Go up to the canteen and ask the canteen lady for a couple of tins and a couple of.
Speaker 1: The weirdest thing you've seen in a canteen. So much showed me the thing the other day. It was a whole like a sandwich with dim sims in it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we used to do what was it, a sausage roll in a hot cheese roll. That's great though, that's some carbs though, but you get off eat a sausage roll and then you used to have a bread roll with cheese in it that would get grilled, and then you'd put the sausage roll in that, and then you'd cover that.
Speaker 4: In sauce and then you'd eat that. Jesus how many calories?
Speaker 1: And this is another thing that kind of reminds me of that HSP Like what important time did we just go? You know what, let's just have a suicide of stuff where we're just gonna throw it all in there and just put as many sauces on top as possible and then eat.
Speaker 2: The damn thing.
Speaker 3: I think, I think in terms of the terrible mix like people in the UK have it the worst where they're like like it's like Indian food with like chips and like gravy, and like they just like take bits and pieces and they remix it all together and they just do it terribly.
Speaker 1: I mean the poutine in Canada is pretty poutine. Yeah, poutine is you get your mind in a hold at the moment. So I'm not going to even go on that. Another person said William Mayhew and Mayhew mayn Someone doing a handstand taking a mark.
Speaker 2: With their feet. Do you think you could do that? No, one thousand tries. Do you think you could do it? Once?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: If someone was lobbing it up to me and stuff mark the ball nause I can't even handstand.
Speaker 2: You get a step one that's very interesting.
Speaker 1: One another one and wagga a man on the mark dropping his shorts and costs costing his team a fifty penalty in the final quarter.
Speaker 2: The game. That's it. That's such a unique thing, dude. That was like, there's families at this game.
Speaker 3: Like when what's his name climb the behind post, it's like coming in like you're coming up with it on the fly, but it's illegal.
Speaker 1: That's it for the weird wacky things. We see at football grounds. I'd love to hear more. To be honest, I want to hear some really wacky, weird stuff because I feel.
Speaker 3: The best foods, like the best foods we put up a little pole.
Speaker 4: We got some of those going.
Speaker 3: But I feel like each ground, like the burrough Burgers example, each ground has their own like little niche canteen food. There's got to be nominate your club for the best food. What's your clubs?
Speaker 2: Milk and like chicken and chicken tinders and chips.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's got to be something a bit more special than that.
Speaker 2: I think they still.
Speaker 1: I know this sounds really wrong in the way I'm saying it is probably makes no sense, but like I would crush some sushi at a footy ground.
Speaker 2: Nah no, Nah, I'm weird. I love sushi, man, I just crush it over.
Speaker 3: It's like when we go to like Alice Springs or whatever for the footy and people are buying like the seafood basket. You're like, you're literally the first, You're the furthest place on the planet Earth from the ocean. Why would you buy hit the seafood bus?
Speaker 2: I think that's going to be fresh by any means. Let's let's get a little.
Speaker 1: Poll out there figure out what people really want to see at the footy or even some of the weirdest things you've seen in the canteen at the footy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd love to hear that, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, before we finish up, I do want to give one last shout out. There is an incredible man who's been a massive part of my life and part of my career that's helped me be successful in someone that value at a very very high level, that's had an unfortunate diagnosis of I'm gonna say it's probably wrong, I'm gonna announce it ron Non.
Speaker 2: Hodgkins lynd Foma. Is that right? Yes, his Mayn.
Speaker 1: He's a great man man that's been part of the Calling Football Club and has been around for a long time. Anthony Rocker as people know him as Pebs, has been diagnosed with us and it's it's one of those things we do give a lot of love on this podcast, and we as we always say, we say prayers up to the people you know we want to see be healthy and and get back to the best. So before we get out of here, I do want to say a massive prayers up to Pebs. He's an absolute legend, a man I can't talk highly enough about. And I know he's going to absolutely smash this and be able to win this fight, so massive shout out to him before we get on out of here.
Speaker 3: He's a lovely bloke, funny, a good sense of humor, dry sense of humor. Sometimes you don't know when he's coming at you when he's making a joke. But we loved him on Lily Street when we used to do Lowly Street back in the day for the Collingwood Footy Club. But great man, love your PEVs. Prayers up and all the best with the recovery.
Speaker 2: But that is it from us today.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening in and having us as part of your week.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it here on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Make sure you like subscribe everything else that comes with our fos on social so you can be part of the fan questions, get your name in the podcast.
Speaker 2: But that is it for us for this week.
Speaker 1: Have an incredible day, May your tipping go very well, and may you have an incredible weekend.
Speaker 2: Cheers always, please