Speaker 1: People do some weird shit. Television legend Carrie Ane Kenney fell several meters from a trapeze while performing in the musical Pivot thing. Some things make more sense than others. Bring Pikes, nurseries, Percy Pikes, p y k E.
Speaker 2: Sky Why I ky as in kill?
Speaker 3: Hey? Why?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults school?
Speaker 5: Why is your life so expensive?
Speaker 1: I'm not even having a good child.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of mitches.
Speaker 5: What about me?
Speaker 6: Don't forget No, he is maturely and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seventy eight doesn't feel great, Oliver, Jill.
Speaker 5: Does feel great. I'm at home. I've got a glass of.
Speaker 1: Wine, loud and clear. How's home?
Speaker 5: Oh my god? Our third Wheel prize give But Jenna is back as well. Jenna. Guess what what? The funniest thing happened last week because we were doing the show from home, both of us working from home. Yeah, And I said to Mitch, you know, if you're going into work anyway, you're going into the studio because you've been deemed essentially, you've got the letter and everything. Why are you working from home? And he goes, oh, yeah, I can just do it from the studio. I was like, you fucking idiot because.
Speaker 1: The exact same seat. I mean, I do my job from and I'm like, this is kiss good night everyone. At midnight, I've got to go home and b my Podza.
Speaker 5: Like, you're doing the podcast from home. It's not going to stop the spread done, and it's not going to crush anything if you're just going to go into the office to.
Speaker 1: Work straight after to get a taxi driver getting out of their car, not to use it for personal use, like that's my work, that's also where you work. Great to have you back, Jenna.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 5: It's good to be bad for you, Jenny. You know what else I realized last week? Well, I thought that the singles bubble applied to me because I'm single, as in, I'm allowed to choose one friend that's allowed to come over because you know, there's no intimate partners keeping me company. It's good for your mental health. It only applies to people who live alone. So because I have a housemate because of fucking Jordan, I hope you heard that, I can't have any any singles over in my bubble. So I was thinking, oh, who do we know that lives alone? Jenna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: Me and my cat, you and your cat. You're entitled to the singles bubble, so we were thinking.
Speaker 1: We're doing the GENDERA sides. There's two host you.
Speaker 5: Can only choose one Mitch that it's allowed to come and visit you.
Speaker 1: MITCHC or mitchc one or the other.
Speaker 5: Who do you think is going to be better for your mental health during this Sydney lockdown? Jenna?
Speaker 1: Can we pitch because I want to be like I'm on Shark Tank.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because at the moment none of you, so tell me chosen someone for your singles bubble. No, I haven't, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Want to pitch yep, Jenna. I have a gregorious and affable personality that will bring joy nothing but laughs, good times and clositivities classics. We can watch what show? Did I just tell you? I started watching Handmaid's Nothing brings joy to the world like a show about woman's oppression in a Territorian society.
Speaker 5: Accustody.
Speaker 1: I can cook, I can clean. I have logins to every streaming service, including Disney Plus and Paramount Plus. And I will say, as of today, I reached platinum level membership on Uber Eats, so I get fifteen percent of all orders. Really, so that's my pitch. Yeah, but hit Platinum power. That's that's me in a nutshell, passing it over to Mitch Crimson.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, Jenna, yes, I feel that I can keep you company, but I can also improve the mental health of your cat that you've got living with you. What's their name again, Vans, Her name's Colinice Connie, Yeah, Connie, my mistake. Yeah. So I can also bring Isabella. They can have little playdates. So it's a two for one dollon killing two birds of the one stone.
Speaker 1: Don't fall for it, God, don't fall And look, I don't.
Speaker 5: Mean to put down other people by way of making myself seem better, but I am going to slag off the competition here. You know what Mitch is like any spare moment he has outside of this office, he likes to spend with his loving gay boyfriend. He won't even visit if you choose him.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jenna, it's up to you. Jenna's sides, take your time, the powers in your hands.
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, I'm gonna pick neither, but then I was convinced, particularly by.
Speaker 5: The cat.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, Mitch cheering it's just for Isabella.
Speaker 7: I want Isabella to come over. Mitchell can stay at home.
Speaker 8: I want Isabella to the cat.
Speaker 7: Did you hear that? Baby? You're going on a plate the bell. You're coming to my house.
Speaker 1: So Mitchell you can you can drop it, just drop her up. I'm okay with that. I'm all right. That's the plane who also also lives home alone in the single level contraceptive die from Sam? Who is here? Halla say hello, Hello. I can't do this any longer. I can't get it out, pull it out. It's guys, it's contracept you die from Sam's.
Speaker 5: Happy Birthday, Sam?
Speaker 1: What the fuck is that? Danner? I just want to pour it out.
Speaker 4: The thing you pulled out was the shabby, half torn up birthday leftover piece of shears banner.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Jann, but it's adorable.
Speaker 1: Jenna pulled that out of a crutch. It's like forty six centimeters of alfoyl.
Speaker 5: You know that we said that we were gonna pretend that we forgot about Sam's birthday. But I did say to Jenny yesterday, hey go buy some party supplies and shit, maybe something that would be good audio, like a party popper, one of those blower things and what did she get? A foil banner?
Speaker 1: Very vision you can hear it.
Speaker 5: Look, Oh, come on, let's milk the audio. Jenna scrunch it up.
Speaker 1: A first and more.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I wasn't feeling best before, but now Sam, Happy birthday, Happy birthday, Thank you darling. It was so awkward. Mitch was like, why don't we pretend we've forgotten and then surprise him? And then I walk in and you're there and I'm like, hi, I felt so rude.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I viewed Sam's Instagram story, which was some reference to his birthday, and I was like, oh, now I'm going to seem like more of a bitch because I know it's his birthday and I've chosen to say nothing. But I knew all along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we knew. We love you. If it's your first time listening to the show, everyone welcome to Is it just me? Every week we start the show the same way, something we noticed, something we hate or appreciate. They're our gems, the core of the show. I I JM. So many people messages and go I've got an e DGEs.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what does that Sands?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 1: That's right? Branding after we've done how is it just me?
Speaker 5: Thank god Jenna's back because we're doing one of my favorite segments, Jenna Junk.
Speaker 1: I love. It's been weeks since we've cleaned out Jenna's junk.
Speaker 7: I'm filled to the rim.
Speaker 1: The rim isn't that brim?
Speaker 5: Excuse me, Jenna's talking about her rim. It's very private, That's what.
Speaker 1: I was about to say.
Speaker 7: If it's filter your room, good for you, Thank you. I'm there's a lot of junk in there.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Also, we've got a guest joining us later on. Have you guys been watching lux listings on Amazon Prime?
Speaker 1: Of course I have. It's so bloody good. Makes me jealous that I live in a two bedroom flat in the middle of the city.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's not the sort of show I'd usually get into. I'm not one of those people that watches, you know, million dollar listing or whatever. All this real estate pawn basically, but it's like high end real estate in Sydney. And I fell in love with one of the agents, DeLine Lewis, and I think she's such a boss. I think she's awesome. I think that our listeners can learn a little something from her. I think she she can tell you a little something about not letting your own self doubt you're back. She'll be on later on.
Speaker 1: Delane Lewett I have to say when we were booking her, because I was going through my Celebrity Black Book to get her on the show, and I called her Delianne seven times. To her manager, it felt it is it's capital d apostrophe Leande. So then I said to Mitchell, I'm like, oh, I'm pretty sure we've got delian It's like, so she'll be on later on. Should we start with our regyms for the week? Guys? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Who wants to go first? Is it just me or yours?
Speaker 1: Mind's a bit heavy? Why don't we start with mine? Is yours? Is yours a bit lighter?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, definitely, Okay, Let's.
Speaker 1: Do mine because mine's mine's mine's emotion. Guys, it's technically and it's emotional. Let's start first gym of the week. Is it just me? Do any other Apple Watch users feel like they sometimes just need to rip it off and throw it in the bean? Oh?
Speaker 5: I thinks like a dreadful waste of money? Why against it?
Speaker 1: It's not that I don't know what it is at the moment, I think it might be that we're in our Is this our second lockdown in Sydney. I think it's our second official lockdow, but it's like our longest lockdown. We've been in it for six months, six weeks. God, it feels like and I feel my anxiety is at an all time high, Like I'm so tense and I'm so stressed at work, just going from here to work, from here to work, from here to work. People working from home, They're firing off heaps of emails. And I have this beautiful Apple Watch on my wrist. I've been wearing it for years, but this thing is connected to everything, Like I'm like, oh, I constantly get notifications, and for the last couple of weeks, I could not pinpoint why I feel so stressed. And then I forgot to wear my Apple Watch for a couple of days and life was bliss.
Speaker 5: Really. That's interesting because I feel like people sometimes can feel that their phone notifications going off all the time can be a trigger for anxiety, because, particularly for someone who already has anxiety, if their phone goes off, they might, you know, catastrophize, and their first assumption is, oh, someone's messaged me, I must have done something wrong. Yeah, I must be in trouble. Someone's calling me out and am I about to be rejected or something? And so some people instinctively they link phone notifications with some sort of trouble. But I think if someone's had treatment for anxiety, they learn not to have that reaction and not assume the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the news we've been getting lately is negative. I had my Apple Watch on this morning when I was going for a walk, and I got four ABC News notifications about five deaths from coronavirus and then two hundred and whatever new cases and then this is happening, and then the vaccine role that's been bungled, and I'm like, I'm trying to walk and give my body some much needed in doorphins, and then I'm being hit with all this negativity. Like it's intense.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's actually so ironic that when we're going for walks, a lot of the stuff that I'm using is on my phone and I get distracted and I'm like, I'm trying to be mindful.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm sure that all.
Speaker 5: I'm doing is skipping my song on Spotify. And I've got a million fucking things popping up, and I'm like, this is going against what I'm actually trying to do. Here, have a bit of p and q unwa.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in this situation that happened to me today where I have like a playlist of songs that I really like at the moment, but there's some duds, but I'm like, oh, I'll add them in because in ten years I'll listen back and go, oh, I remember that song, even though I don't really like it and I hate it. So then I'm like listening to music and then I zone out on my phone. I go onto Facebook or Instagram and I realize that a terrible song is playing and it's at the end. I'm like, why I should not I should not be listening to this, but I've been so distracted by the shit on my newsfeed. It's really bad. I think. I don't know how we pull back on what happens. But collectively, I was talking to Hayden, I mean, Mitch, everyone, I feel like collectively in New South Wales and Australia there with COVID, everyone's feeling very tense and on edge.
Speaker 5: Yeah you said you said that your anxiety is at an all time high, right, And ironically I worry about your anxiety a lot because I used to suffer with it myself really badly, and after seeing a shrink gone enough for a while, it's gotten better. I'm not cue, but you know, I'm I don't even recognize how much less anxious I am now compared to the old me, Like it used to be really bad. So I know it's not pleasant. And I don't think people would pick you for someone who struggles with anxiety, because you're so outgoing and confident. But I know that I see it. You get overwhelmed and you don't know how to deal with it. So like, what in what ways does it manifest? You know, do you get the tight chest or anything like that.
Speaker 1: No, I just stopped doing things. I just shut down avoidance. I just go Now I can't do it. I just will not reply to that or I will ignore it. And especially like I do a radio show now it's on from seven, Like I'm doing a five hour radio show in the peak of when everyone else is trying to contact me. Like all my other friends are relaxed from five o'clock in the afternoon, they clock off and they chill and then I'm just starting to be on and you heard my radio show. I feel like I've just dropped fucking seven tabs giving out tickets and listeners and there's no producer. I'm running around like an idiot. So and that is when I like my body clock is naturally like, let's just chill out and zone out. But I've got to amp myself up. So I almost feel like it's twisted for me. And then the double edged sword is it. I'll wake up at like ten I and everyone's at work, but I'll just be having my coffee and having my cereal. Then the fucking the news presses on. We have them at eleven am every morning. I'm getting this depressive information. It's like, God, it's like a weird cycle. I'm stuck in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's hard to switch off when you're literally wearing your notifications. So I'm glad you're not wearing that thing is often anymore. But I think it's tricky because everyone The advice is, if you're feeling lonely, reach out to a friend during lockdown, but people shouldn't take it personally if the friend they choose to reach out to is in a completely different headspace and they're not feeling chatty. Yes they might be, they might be trying to unwind themselves. They're not in the mood to maintain a conversation over text, and so I like to think that people wouldn't take that personally. For example, they reach out to someone and you know they're hoping to have a bit of a chat because they're feeling lonely themselves, and then the other person is like, fuck this, I don't want to chats are stressing me out.
Speaker 1: And you know me, that's that's big for me. So many people come to me and just think that I'll always be ready to have a chat, and I will, like I will happily do it. I had someone come to me this week listener of the show with coming out advice, and of course I'll jump at that and all I want to do is help. But like it zapped me. But I still because all I want to do is make them feel like they've got that one little bit from me. And then after I like said voice messages and was helping this person, it was like six thirty, I'm like, funk, I've got to interview Miller Icabayo. I think I just need to prioritize where my energy is going. But it's a learning process. So so this let's Apple Watch is going off. I'm taking it off. Oh, there we go, it's off. I didn't know how to make it work for an audio media.
Speaker 5: And how long have you been wearing that thing? I feel like it's rubbed all your arm here off.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh Sam's got one.
Speaker 5: Too, I've got one, all right, it's the worst.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Mitch, look, I'm gonna put up to the camera.
Speaker 5: And why do you say that it's the worst because you never take it off? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And also sideive. Best thing I ever did with the watch was remove all notifications that weren't messages.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did that yesterday. I went everyone turned off notifications for quantos. I'm like, why did I have them on? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was going to say that. I was like, I can. I'm staring at a very obvious solution here, turn off fucking ABC News, delete the app I have.
Speaker 1: I did it yesterday, and I feel so much better. Let's do a group of this. Jenny, you've got Apple Watch, take it off of the show. Take your show.
Speaker 5: I've never had an Apple Watch, which must be why I'm just so low maintenance and stress free.
Speaker 1: You're a walking apple Watch what are you laughing at?
Speaker 5: Jenna? Have you ever considered seeing a shrink for anxiety in general?
Speaker 1: No, because I mine ebbs and flows, so even talking about it now, I just don't talk about it. So talking about it now is even helped me massively.
Speaker 8: But I feel like you don't even have to have anxiety to see a therapist. Yeah, it's just a place where you can express yourself.
Speaker 1: To unload, unwin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And a lot of the time I've been in appointments with a shrink and I've thought to myself, what is it achieving? Why I am I even here? But then over time you realize that something has just clicked, like the tools and strategies and whatever that they've given you to cope with stress and anxiety have just sunk in at some point, and then you look back and go, oh shit, I am less anxious than I used to be.
Speaker 1: But you know what I saw this. I think yesterday, this past Monday just started August for whenever this episode comes out, But the most calls were placed a lifeline in its history. I saw that in Australia, so people are feeling it, and I think younger Australians especially because we're more able to talk about it, We're happier to talk about it, and we're more aware of it. It's tough, and if you're listening to the show and you feel the same, reach out to a friend, but also be aware that they might be going through it as well.
Speaker 5: Yes, and if someone reaches out to you, don't feel like you're rude for saying to them, now, it's not a good time. I'm trying to unwind babes, but I'm there for you. Let's chat at another time, because it's hard. Sometimes people are on their phone because they're trying to switch their brain off. They're just aimlessly around the Instagram and then they get this really intense and they're like, oh, now I have to turn my brain back on. It's a lot of work when you've had your brain on all day. So just yeah, I feel like if you do reach out to someone and they're not it's not a good time for them to talk through it, then don't take it personal exactly.
Speaker 4: I think something important to remember for everyone as well is that if you are feeling something that is intense, you might go Oh, Look, people have it worse and people go through worse things, and mine isn't that important. But you might be going through something that is incredibly difficult for you in your alone, and that's still worth reaching out for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. And everyone's on their own journey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's different for everyone. That's why I asked you. It's like, does the chest tightness thing happen for you? Because some people it doesn't. They don't even realize they have anxiety. It's just this spiral in their head. They don't realize because that doesn't, you know, present itself physically. It's different for everyone.
Speaker 1: No, the chest tightness sort is like a twenty four to seven thing for me. But I think that's what.
Speaker 5: About the sweaty palms. I feel like that's kine wavering for you too.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's can barely hold them out. I listen as we love you, and I love you guys, thank you for being there for me, and I likewise I'm there for you, love you too. But not between the hours of seven to twelve. I hope that's been established and I hope that was clearly communicated. All right, bitch, ready for yours?
Speaker 5: Yeah, real change of pace coming right out?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: It's Facebook Marketplace, the most whack place ever?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my god, I love for Facebook Marketplace is at an all time high. I adore it.
Speaker 8: I just bought something from Facebook Marketplace. It's this little little tie thing for your face mask.
Speaker 1: Oh so I forgot that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it.
Speaker 8: Connects to your face masks, so instead of it going around your ear, it goes to the back. It's like a little clip thing and it's been crochet. But that for yeah, five dollars from the Central Coast from some nice croche business.
Speaker 1: Mitchell, what about you? What's what's your What is it? Manute?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, you can find some gems on Facebook Marketplace, but I just find that that place is full of loons, like I have been redecorating my apartment in Lockdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah it looks great.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 5: Thank you. It's on my Instagram. Fortunately I didn't have to deal with uh Facebook Marketplace much because my friend Talisha rescued me. She's got her own little side hustle going on as a decorator.
Speaker 1: She's brilliant.
Speaker 7: It's very good. She's always been so good at that.
Speaker 5: Check out her Instagram digs by tail. But yeah, thank god she did most of the furniture trawling for me, because every time I'm on Facebook, Marketplace or gum Tree, I'm like, this place is full of fuck. It's honestly, you shouldn't hear the amount of things that people misspell on these websites.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, there's a whole BuzzFeed article dedicated to Marketplace misspelling.
Speaker 1: Yes, go go go right, So I'll.
Speaker 5: Tell you the misspelling and you tell me what they're actually trying to sell. Some of them are tricky, but some of them are SI breezy. You'll know straight away for this, yees, this is fun For one hundred and ten dollars. This person is selling a Michael Wave.
Speaker 1: Oh that's it. That's a microwave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's a microwave. They've written it like a name, Michael Waves.
Speaker 1: He was a pro surf wasn't in the early thousand. Yeah, okay, now.
Speaker 5: How's this for a bargain? For one hundred bucks? Someone is selling their Porsche.
Speaker 1: Well that's a car, but yeah, that's too lesson of asking price. Push Porsch like a front porch, is like a wooden deck. Yep.
Speaker 5: The photo is literally someone's veranda. They're selling their porch.
Speaker 7: Oh, come on, how do you.
Speaker 4: Also?
Speaker 1: How do you pick up a porch?
Speaker 5: No? Idea good? Good for twenty bucks? Someone is selling their grand's abdomen granth, their grandmother's secondhand abdomen.
Speaker 1: Jenny, what are you getting grand grand grand piano grand abdomen.
Speaker 5: No, it's just their grandmother's abdomen. That's what they got wrong.
Speaker 1: Ultimate grand's ottoman. Yeah, it's ottoman.
Speaker 7: Does ottoman come from?
Speaker 1: I didn't care that ottoman? What does it look like? Is it nice? Match for twenty bucks?
Speaker 5: Yes, it's like a little thin puff?
Speaker 1: Oh go grad? All right, what's next?
Speaker 5: I like this game, Jenna, you'll love this for five hundred and sixty dollars. Someone is selling a coffin.
Speaker 7: A coffin.
Speaker 1: It is a coffin, Like you know, what's so funny? I went to marketplace when we were searching for a coffin for our episode. While I was waiting for Caring Funerals to get back to.
Speaker 5: It, when we put Jenner in the coffin.
Speaker 1: Put in the coffin, you have go back and have a listen. That was the season two finale, I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Episode fifty three.
Speaker 1: I want to say, yeah, and I won't message so many people about coffin And they're so expensive, so I wish this was around at the time that anymore.
Speaker 5: Forty seven bucks. This one's tricky, okay for forty seven bucks. Someone is selling.
Speaker 1: Three draft, three draft, three draft.
Speaker 5: So the word is draft, but there's three of them.
Speaker 1: Three draft draft. It can't be giraffes.
Speaker 5: It is giraffes selling giraffe ornaments, three of them, and drugs. I'm selling three draft.
Speaker 7: That's my favorite.
Speaker 1: I was like, that was this one girl in my high school, Abby Laws and who would sell her assignments And that's exactly how she worked it. I got three drafts of the English of the Germany Essay and I'll take it my short story. Yeah yeah, writing task.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Wow, we've got a couple more for one hundred bucks. Someone is selling a trampling trampoline. Not not the stampede scene out of the line, King, not the trampoline. It's the trampoline.
Speaker 1: Oh, King shaming. If you're into trampling, that gets you off.
Speaker 7: But I'm like drafts, trampling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trambling, all right, what's next? This is great?
Speaker 5: One more Jenna, you might be able to use this next time you're covering up a murder for eight bucks. Someone is selling their shuffle, but they finging shuffle like every day I'm shot.
Speaker 1: But I think I had an iPod shovel in high school. I loved it.
Speaker 5: I love my god shovel, that stupid thing. And do you know that some of the loons on Facebook marketplace they don't even want money. Like one of my friends told me that their mum once traded someone. She gave them a bottle of wine in exchange for a getaway board game.
Speaker 7: Oh what's the point.
Speaker 5: As in the Channel nine Travels show they had their own fucking board game.
Speaker 6: Why I'll trade your jeel slut for a Katrina around Tree.
Speaker 5: Roll the dice and get Katrina around Tree out of jail.
Speaker 7: You're listening to is it.
Speaker 1: Just me the podcast that A bribes you for your please? Yess if you'd like to leave as a review, it keeps us on the cloud five stars, Please honestly keeps us going. This is a free service. You don't want to get mad. It's a free product. Everyone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're serving you gold class entertainment on a weekly basis. The least you could do is drag your fat fucking finger onto the five star button on the Apple Podcasts app. It won't kill you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something's not adding up the amount the millions of listeners we get to the pittance of weekly reviews.
Speaker 5: Some added up, But did you notice that they started to pick up after we started bribing people.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, with free fucking mugs. If you want one and your review gets read out on the podcast, you've got a week to get in contact with price keeper Jenna. She will send the mug out to you. DM her DMS.
Speaker 5: We'll get it on our Instagram yet.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: If you want to buy a mug, you can head to the link in our Instagram buyer And I've just had the last lot arrive. We've decided that this is the last lot. Yep, guys, it's like the end of year clearance. We've got to get rid of these last mugs and then we're done.
Speaker 1: I'm Shaye. One nine to nine is leaving us, leaving us. There you go, Well, leaves has left us, She says, love. I never liked podcast, never listened to one before, saw a few previews on TikTok, and the rest is history. First podcast I listened to turned into the podcast i'd listened to on a Wednesday on my way home from the hospital for my midwife appointment with my coffee. Rapee calmed my nerves and got me walking into my appointments stress free and in a great mood. Or she says, she's got a high risk pregnancy.
Speaker 5: Oh sha, we were a bit of company through that. How nice, she.
Speaker 1: Says, So thank you boys and Jenni for making my wednesdays and hospital visits more tolerable. Love you, I'll.
Speaker 5: Show thank you so much our pleasure, Shay, don't they say.
Speaker 1: Because I've seen it. I think of Vox documentary that the music you listen to when your baby is in utero heavily influences their personal I have heard this is very true because my mum listened to fucking Spye Girls and Basement Jackson Jamquay. I'm a puff.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, imagine if her child comes out chuffing on a fucking vape.
Speaker 1: Oh, it just comes out with catclaw, catnails, a great head of hair, with a vape. It's got all three of us.
Speaker 5: Anyone who's pregnant right now, we're talking to your baby it's not you, Hi, little one, Hi, could you could?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry much slipped my fingers slipped. Thank you for the review, Shaving.
Speaker 5: It's all your thanks Shange.
Speaker 1: I'll then jump over to Facebook. You can leave us a review on Facebook. Don't forget if you don't use Apple podcasts. If you're a Spotify user, you can do it on.
Speaker 5: Our Facebook page. Couple of mitches. Give us a search and join the group while you're there. It's called Endurant Idiots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little mini community. It's like a small town in the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 5: Ye, a lot of people, more mini community. It's got more people in it than my fucking hometown bogen Gate.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's hilarious.
Speaker 5: So it's got a quadriple the amount of people that bog Gate does.
Speaker 1: The post we get in that. It's just so sweet. I love it all all our idiots and if you want to join Endurant Idiots on Facebook. Eliza Malone, this is shot and sweet. I quite like this review, she says. It's all right, decent number of people called Mitch five stars.
Speaker 5: I love it. Yep, that's us in a nutshell.
Speaker 1: Thanks Allan, You've got aizer. All right, guys, we should get a delean right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So anyone who's been watching lux listings on Amazon Prime, you'd be familiar with the boss bitch herself, Delane Lewis. I think she's awesome. She's in this industry that has a lot it's very male dominated, wouldn't it say?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, very male dominated, very very a lot of testosterone floating around those open houses.
Speaker 5: Yes. And I've been watching this show, which is all about high end real estate in Sydney, and she just has so much poise, she really holds her own and I just fell in love with her. So I said to you, Mitch, our official guest book up, was like, get me Deleene Lewis. You couldn't even say a bloody name, but hey, you got her on the show.
Speaker 1: That's why it took so long, because idly booked Delianne. She's a hooker from Las Vegas. And I said, how did you sell that house into Woomaro And she said, what house? I'm so sorry, we don't know.
Speaker 5: Deleene Lewis is not selling fucking houses into Woomba, just quietly. But anyway, Yeah, we spoke to her with so much I was told that I couldn't flak in real estates as I was too young and I was a girl. I thought, well, that's bullshit.
Speaker 1: Deline's yellow.
Speaker 2: Delane, Hi, Hey, hi guys.
Speaker 5: Very well well at I'm so glad to have you on. As soon as I was watching luck listings, I was like, yeah, I've got a favorite already. Delane's awesome.
Speaker 1: What's a been a backstory? How long have you been in the market? Have you? Have you been a real estate agent in Sydney your whole life?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So we moved from so Africo when I was ten, and we located in Blacktown because that was actually the only place we could afford. And my parents are still there that day because they still love it. And then I came out and started working in the Eastern suburbs when I was twenty. And the rest to say is history because I'm forty nine now, so you know, my math's ain't that good, but I figure it's twenty nine years right.
Speaker 5: That works, that checks out round up to thirty, I reckon. Yeah, And obviously, if there's one thing we learned on the show, it's that you don't deal with like shit house that you deal with the best of the best. In fact, our wealthy staff member, Jenna. I believe she's had some dealings with you. Her parents are also rich like her. They might have sold a few houses.
Speaker 1: Where are you surnives, Jenna, What are you now?
Speaker 7: They're in Double Bay, Double.
Speaker 3: Bay, Stubble. They come to my hood, Jenna.
Speaker 5: At Deline's territory. I wanted to ask because you mentioned a lot on the show that early in your career you were underestimated a lot because you were a female in real estate, and that was something that at the time might have been considered a bit rare. What would your advice be, Because we've got a lot of young female listeners to people who might be in a place where they're feeling a bit self conscious, they don't back themselves as much as they should. What would your advice be.
Speaker 3: Mitch, I still get underestimated, and I've been doing this for nearly thirty years, So underes to make me at your own peril, is what I say. And I think that that should be males or females the same thing. It's like age does not need to be the definition of your skill set or your abilities as a human being. The only person that limits your abilities is you, and so it doesn't matter if you're male or female. If this business is not a gender based industry, it's a results based industry. And you were defined by how hard you're willing to work and what sacrifices you're willing to make. And that's really you know, like I made a lot of sacrifices in my twenties when everyone was our partying and I was working my butt off to just prove myself. And you know, even after twenty nine years, I still have to prove myself every day because you're only as good as your last week's results. You know that the results from ten years ago don't count because people want to know what can you do for me? And you know that's why I'm like for you guys. You know, I've been with the client for an hour and a half. She had a bad situation with a real estate agent. She didn't know me. She called me the other day and I had to sit there and make that relationship with her. Doesn't care what I did two weeks ago. She cares about how I make her feel. And that's just a skill set that I think. It doesn't matter how old or young you are You can hone that and you can be great at whatever you choose to do. It's all up to you.
Speaker 1: Then we have very similar lines of work. Like we all we do is we just spin shit? You know, we just hit do we talk? We get people in the studio sometimes I get artists because I do the radio show as well. I've never heard the song. The song isn't the best, but I've got to make them feel like this is the best song in the world. We will play it non stop.
Speaker 3: Are you saying that I spin shit for a living.
Speaker 1: That's for you.
Speaker 5: I feel like your ship spinning may come with a couple of extra zeros on the end of the paypacket too.
Speaker 3: Delene, So that is where you put the decimal point.
Speaker 1: I agree, Yeah, you're actually getting something out of your shit spinning. I get nothing.
Speaker 3: You just don't put the dot in the wrong position.
Speaker 1: How do you deal working with all these male figures? Because I saw this, I think it was episode one of Locks of Listings. You're on that yacht, on that big boat in the middle of Sydney Harbor. A couple of Sangreeas were sunken, and then these men they get so you know, their egos come out to play after a couple drinks. Maybe it's the sea sickness, but you sat there, you were on that little ottoman. You looked him straight in the eye, and that tension was dissolved, Like you really, really, how do you deal handing with these big personalities?
Speaker 3: I have dealt with boys like that all my life, right since I was twenty, and I've dealt with a lot bigger personalities and more successful men than that. And you know, the one thing I've always lived by is that when they go low, you stay high. You do not need to take yourself down to their level to make yourself feel better. And I teach my staff that my daughters that it's just you live by example. You know, listen, and those guys are good guys. Right, there were drunk boys on a boat that were just drunk boys in a boat. Because if you're comfortable with who you are, you never have to turn you one down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you reckon? You've gotten a bit better in terms of work life balance because the other two main guys on the show that they were following, I noticed there are a lot of comments like, oh, work comes first, I'm married to the job, and part of me thinks, yeah, you know, work hard. I get that, but also it to me, I worry that it's a bit unhealthy to just be obsessed with work. Do you reckon you've gotten a bit better with work life balance?
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I mean I made the decision a long long time ago to have and keep my feet very firmly parted on the ground. Because this business, you can make a lot of money, you turn into a wanker, right, and a lot of it. I'm very vocal about that, like not liking that stuff, and so balance teaches you not to be a manker, you know. You teach about like I give a lot to charity. I make sure that I'm helping people because it's not just about me. It's about making you want to leave a legacy, do some good for the people around you. It's not just about making money, because life is bigger than that. If you're sick, there's no amount of money that's going to get you better, right, And those are the kind of things that are really important. Is live your life to the fullest, be the best version of who you are. Balance teaches you that, and I've always worked in the law of attraction, Like the better you are with people and to yourself, the more goodness will come into your life. And I mean I sound like a freaking hippie. Sorry, but that's actually what I believe, and good things that have come into my life because of that, because I focused on trying to be balanced, and when I'm balanced, I'm just better with my work, better with people, and I'm happy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Delete. You need your own podcast, like delean on Me with delete like that would be delean on Me. Yeah, take it, take it. That's a good name. Delean on Me the podcast. I would listen to that your Self Held. I mean, sure it helped me buy a house, but that on tap. I would listen.
Speaker 3: Delane, listen my meditation teacher. Shout out to Tim Brown. Meditation is amazing, and listen. I've been with him for three years. His help change my life. He really has.
Speaker 5: One thing I didn't realize about real estate until after watching this show is how much chasing and like cold calling needs to be done to get a listening. I thought that real estate agents just sat around twiddling their thumbs and then someone would come to you and say, hello, can you sell my house? But you have to really chase people, do you feel like there's a lot of rejection involved with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get told to f off a lot, and that's okay. It's not a day unless you get told you fast. You're like, yeah, okay, that's been a successful day. But it's the numbers game as well, Like you have to make those calls to be able to get the yes's, and you're going to get those as well. And if it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The guys that are in there for a quick buck, they just don't last. And there's a lot of those guys Mitch that are in the industry that they post a lot of stuff on Instagram and they talk them in game and they walk around in the shiny shoes. But like, guys, were your results like keep you know what I mean. You don't necessarily need to talk about how successful you are. The results will show that. Yeah, will come to you because they see your results, and also that you're.
Speaker 1: Not a wake up. That kind of helps. Don't tell show yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: I feel like I've always been one of those people. Especially recently it's kind of been my motto, like, oh, it can't hurt to ask. You don't get anything by sitting around waiting for it, whereas the other Mitchel over here, on the other hand, he's a little bit more polite. He hates confrontation, and I'm always trying to get through to him. What's the worst that happened? Someone says no? Just ask the question, what's your advice for him or anyone really to cope with rejection?
Speaker 3: You know what, it's not the more rejection you get, the better you become a dealing with it, and you can get lessons from that as well, Like no one gets anywhere in life without any rejection, right, and so it's not how you get knocked down the counts, it's how you get up that matters. And it really does make a big difference. I give rejected all the time still. Now you know, people say no to me and I ask the question, do you mind me asking why? Because ask the why, because that's the only way you give constructive criticism. And you may not always agree with it, but take a little bit from it and go okay. You know what, there's a good lesson in being humble, being able to learn life's lessons because I tell you what, no matter how long you're in any industry, you still have to continue learning. If we don't continue learning it emotionally, mentally, and physically. You have to push your body. You have to push your mind, you have to push your spirit because that's how you become a better human thing. And part of that, a big part of that is learning how to deal with rejection.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, I'm going to try to ask me out in a day. Oh my god, Delia, I was just about too. You knew what we had, Dylan. I don't have a rain drove. I have a hay On di thirty, but I can still pick you up. Would you like to die on a day? Okay? Thank you?
Speaker 2: How do you feel?
Speaker 1: I feel crushed.
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: I feel fine. I feel fine and I'm happy. It's just friends that that was good. She's right, she's right now.
Speaker 5: We were saying earlier that a big part of real estate is being able to spin shit and yes, describe things in such a way that makes them sound really glamorous. And I believe MITCHI you've got a bit of a challenge for old make DeLine o.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I see you selling a house right, and you are so descriptive and the way you like it's sometimes I could close my eyes and I could still picture what the house looks like without even seeing it. You guys do such a good job of selling these properties. Mitch and I, like we said, we're no Jeff bezos is. So we don't have super mansions in you know, the eastern suburbs, but we do have humble little apartments. So what we've done is we have text a leader a photo of both of our living rooms, and we thought, would you be able to, in your most professional way, sell our apartments as if it was an open house or someone was looking at getting it.
Speaker 5: Trying to make the most unglamorous apartments ever sound desirable.
Speaker 3: You're asking me to spinish it, aren't you.
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, basically yes. So you've got mine and Mitchell's. Mine's really white, and then Mitchell's has the cat, So you can start which which the cat doesn't come with the apartment? By the way, okay, am I going for the white white room?
Speaker 3: First?
Speaker 1: Go to Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is a wonderful room. It's got very high ceilings, got quarter ceiling doors which lead out effortlessly to sun drenched balcony, lots of bench seating, one of fabulous entertaining space, great for al fresco dining people all year round, entertaining at its very finest.
Speaker 1: Look at those district views.
Speaker 2: On my goodness, god, eight billion dollars.
Speaker 3: My commission's going up as Well's good.
Speaker 1: That's so great. I am sold. We'll put the photo ups.
Speaker 5: Feel like my house might be more of a challenge because I took this photo without cleaning up first, so it's a bit of a pig sie.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, your apartment is really warm and cozy, wonderful floors leading out this very private balcony with exposed break which is a lovely feature for the sixties. We've got more all seating areas, there's tons of storage and lots of room for cats.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 5: How I go? You do remarkably well. I could see a bit of panic in your eyes. You're like, how the fuck do I talk this place up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I have to.
Speaker 3: Say my very first place was in Dover Heights and it was a tiny little ship off of a place. The toilet was so tiny. Had to squeeze myself in to go there. But it doesn't matter where you start to finishes that counts. Yes, everyone's got redeeming features, don't they.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, we adore you, and lots of listings has been renewed for season two, which is such great news.
Speaker 5: I was really I couldn't believe when season one finished. I binged them all in one go and I was like, what is that? It? So thank god it's coming back to season two, Delene.
Speaker 1: I loved it. You started filming. Yes, we have, we have, Oh we can't wait. And delean on me. The podcast coming soon.
Speaker 3: We lean on me.
Speaker 1: You're the best. Thank you for coming on. We'll talk sooner.
Speaker 2: Than you're listening to.
Speaker 1: Is it just me the rude shocks of young adulthood? Well, there you go. Wasn't she good? I love her the way she sold our houses, although, Mitch, what a shame we don't have updated photos of your property. She did your old Tia did her domestic blitz.
Speaker 5: I showed her a photo of my apartment before I redecorated. If you look at the before and after photos on my Instagram of my apartment, those photos are the exact ones I sent to lean so like it wasn't pretty.
Speaker 7: Can we also mention your cat looking like?
Speaker 5: Can we get my cat looks like a dead cat that she doesn't move?
Speaker 1: We have to put these photos on the Instagram. Poor Isabella looks like she's being shoved. She looks embalmed and stuffed with little glittering eyes. It's terrible.
Speaker 5: La reminds me of when the night clubs were still open up in the Poked bathroom. Dis quiet.
Speaker 1: All right, speaking of Delane Deale and Dealinn and whatever it is that surely brings me out of this imaginary probation I've been floating in for the last few months. Hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, I was very impressed because you've been in a trial shift as our guest booker for the last little while, because regular listeners would know that I fired you because you weren't sending out the red roofs surprising back on probation.
Speaker 1: Now you have no power to do so, but he claims to have done. I just sit back and let you do it.
Speaker 5: Mitchell, don't back chat. So I put you on probation, and your trial as our guest booker was your chance to come out of probation. And I was very impressed because it was this was as simple as the process it was. I said, I like that Deleane chick, get her on, and it happened. It was It was very very impressive, and I was like, wow, he is capable.
Speaker 1: If this doesn't bring me out of probation, what fucking will? Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, one more, one more guest. If you can get one more guest, then you're officially on a roll and you'll be brought out of probation.
Speaker 1: I can finally get an investment property.
Speaker 7: It's exciting.
Speaker 5: You'll still be a junior, but you'll be out of probation.
Speaker 1: So your word. Now, one more guest and I'm out of probation.
Speaker 5: In the next two weeks.
Speaker 1: All right, deal, I can do it.
Speaker 5: Okay, excited, I feel good.
Speaker 1: All right, let's cleanse the palette. Are we ready for a fan favorite? Let's take a peek at Jenna's junk, shall we? Yeah, Jenna's junk. Fan faith people love this.
Speaker 5: It's so full, which is really weird that they love it, because Jenna's junk is literally where we toss all of our crap ideas. When you and I are thinking of an is it just me talking point to bring up on the podcast, and we decide no, that's boring, that's not going to go anywhere. We throw it in the trash and then Jenna rummages around in her junction. You know, she loves to copper feel in her junk.
Speaker 1: For something. I can see it from him, Jen, it is Oh my god.
Speaker 5: There's a lot. It would be fair to say that Jenna's junk has been neglected of late.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yep, all right, Jenny, you're ready to dive into your.
Speaker 7: Junk and more than ready's well, they're so bad.
Speaker 8: Do you think Bubblo Bill has this depression ice cream?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's mine. Just look at him. Look at Bubblo Bill's face.
Speaker 1: Let me get a fresh so a Bubblo Bill google it if you're not familiar, is a famous ice cream. He's a cowboy with a with a bubble gum no for a nose. Yeah yeah, and he's miserable.
Speaker 7: Wait, we need to look at her.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he looks so sad.
Speaker 5: He has been through some shit. I feel pois.
Speaker 1: I think he's definitely drought ridden. His wife doesn't love him anymore, and he can't fucking stop the mice and he's just given up.
Speaker 7: Oh of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everyone needs to beare a thought for Bubblo Bill today. Next time you go to devour his head off.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, bubbalo Bill depressed, sad, that fucking streets mascot lion super happy? Why did he get you know the lion?
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, Yeah, I gotta say that Bubblo Bills. It's a bit of hidden myss. Sometimes that bubble gum that's you know, his nose. Sometimes it's fine, it's a beautiful bubble gum. Sometimes it's like rotten and invite into it and it's liquid inside and you're like.
Speaker 4: By date on this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, apparently it's a UK snack as well. He's big in the UK. So who would have known?
Speaker 5: A bubblo Bill needs no introduction?
Speaker 1: Dullatte? No, sorry, my er? All right, jump back in, jenn Im so sorry, what's happened?
Speaker 5: You're not passing, Brad?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I need to go to my junk.
Speaker 1: No, Jenny's John, where's my junk? You pouring your wine? Michelle? Maybe did you hear that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where I go? There?
Speaker 5: Where you go?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry? Jack so much here handy?
Speaker 5: Oh is it just me?
Speaker 8: Or does coals and woolies pasta salad taste like metal?
Speaker 1: That's one that's me. That's amazing. It's not the immediate pasta salad taste. It is the immediate after taste after you swallow. It sounds like you've just given a deep throat to a cyborg.
Speaker 2: Do you know what.
Speaker 5: I don't think that it ever used to be like that. It's only been in recent times.
Speaker 1: It tastes like TV staty. You know when you were a kid and you had one of those weird square energizer batteries that you put on the tip of your toget and you go, yeah, that's what fucking coals and wi pasta bake tastes like. And it's criminal. Why why do we put up with it?
Speaker 7: We should ask them? Why does it taste like metal?
Speaker 1: Should I call the wolves Deli?
Speaker 5: Oh that's a bit aggressive. What's the old bird and the deligate to know?
Speaker 7: Curious?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't make it made. You don't have to call you to leave her our parent company. It's over my head. Dan Mitchell knows what I'm talking about, Jenna, do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 7: I've never had it.
Speaker 1: Oh, it tastes like battery acid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's seriously, it's like rocket fuel. It's like so metallicy and like it just tastes toxic.
Speaker 1: It does. It tastes like arsenic. Anyway, we won't call them. I don't want to put she's in, she's quick, she moves on.
Speaker 7: Oh they're so bad?
Speaker 8: Is it just me?
Speaker 7: Or should retractable dog leads be banned?
Speaker 1: That's a recent one because I tripped on one.
Speaker 7: Safety issues for the dog or anything.
Speaker 1: But no, you know what I'm talking.
Speaker 5: What's the retractable dog lead?
Speaker 1: Okay, So a normal dog leader is like a piece of material that's maybe or too long, and you walk your dog and it's classic, tried and true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I walk my cat.
Speaker 1: It's true, very true, which we haven't brought up yet, but that's a whole different kettle fish beginn of shrinks people have. They're like little hoses like they're they're they're wound up, and they probably go up to five to ten meters and they have a little hand, so it's your dog can run off, but you still have hold of it. Anyway, I was going going from daily walks now and I went for a walk on the weekend and this lady was walking in front of me. She was really slow and she had her two kids. And you know, when you try to overtake someone, it's kind of hard, but you so you have to walk up and then you go around and you get in front of them. Easy done. But she had a little Maltese terrier on an extendo.
Speaker 5: Oh we know how you feel about those.
Speaker 7: Oh hooco all.
Speaker 1: I'd even seen the leader wanted to pelt the thing, and it's walking in front of me.
Speaker 5: It's pelting me, picturing a nerf gun.
Speaker 1: I think, pelt me throw something. I think I wanted to throw my airpod's case at it. Anyway, this little I hear the fuck is that sounds like a plane is landing when a rope has been pulled. And this moll teath runs forward. So what I do is I go, oh fuck, I'm gonna have to step over it. So as I go to overtake, picture me stepping one foot over.
Speaker 6: Then this more teeth wraps back around my right ankle, like oh, sorry, you're trapped, and this lady goes maybe and I hold on, and then I go down to like pull it off, but it's wrapped around my left leg and I'm being wrapped up like in a Looney Trims film, and this woman can't get me off. And then Mimi's being gagged because my fucking fat calf is pulling at her robe.
Speaker 1: It was so traumatic it needs.
Speaker 5: To be banned.
Speaker 1: And it's a common expression, you know, when when someone's been a bit naughty, you'll go put them on a bit of a leak. You pull the leash. Can't pull an extendo leash. Get the dog's thirty meters into the fucking Northern suburbs. Bullshit.
Speaker 5: Oh, I have no idea why this is in Jane's young That was great.
Speaker 7: Hey, here I go.
Speaker 8: So it just me? Or did you think blimps weren't real?
Speaker 5: Mate? I put that in there? What what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I literally thought that they were some sort of fictional thing that they invented on The Simpsons because I'd never seen a blimp in my real life.
Speaker 1: Were you when you saw the first one? I believe.
Speaker 5: I was on Bondi Beach and I was like, oh my god, is that an actual blimp? But not only that, my cousin got a job as a blimp driver or a blimp pilot.
Speaker 1: Oh god god, what a gig.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When Mum told me, oh, Andrew's flying blimps, now, I was like, what are you fucking talking about?
Speaker 1: Blimps are cool. I've I've seen a couple, but I've never been in a blim. I'd love to do it.
Speaker 7: But what about the Nickelodeon blimp?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there were awards Mitchell a blinch. Yeah, when you win a Nickelodeon Kids Choice Award, it's again.
Speaker 5: I thought that they were just like fictional. But here's a little brainstorm for the show. You got to hustle our segment where we have like unconventional ideas to plug the show, Jenna, could you find out how much it costs to hire a blimp. I've got a kid to yo and I'm not afraid to spend it. I want to get our logo flying throughout Sydney.
Speaker 1: We're profitable now we can and we've got a driver. Yes, true, b we've got that. We've now got the capabilities to do a show remotely.
Speaker 5: So see all we need we're going to go in the blimp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do want a show from the blimp.
Speaker 8: No, you know, we can have one to twelve people in the blimp and apparently prices range from one hundred and fifty to one two hundred a day. Oh, depending on size and amenities.
Speaker 5: Do you know what? That's not that bad?
Speaker 8: No, that bad.
Speaker 5: I reckon, we could do this, blimp Mitch. You're good at coming up with like catch raisers and slogans. What can we call it? Like the Blimp Special? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, blimp and you'll miss it. That's good. I actually quite like that.
Speaker 5: Get a quote from the blimp guys. Please.
Speaker 1: Also, blimp's really went out of fashion after the Hindenburg, remember Hitler. Sorry, a bit of history for you. I studied this in high school. Hitler thought blimps were like the transport of the future. So built the giant Hindenburg and then it collapsed and blew up and killed all these people because it was filled with hydrogen. It was just like a giant bomb. They all died.
Speaker 5: Your memory is fascinating, Like you literally can't remember what day it is, but you can remember shit like that. I know, indented itself in your brain.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's wrong with Oh she's back here?
Speaker 7: I mean, I mean, oh, it's really ful?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 7: Or how good is the Handmaid's Tail?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's not really that's just a lot of people think it's good.
Speaker 7: I mean it's one Awards, so yes.
Speaker 5: It's not just it's that show about the bird that plays chess.
Speaker 1: No, the Queen's Gamber, the Queen's gamble.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, my mistake.
Speaker 1: What the fuck is this? Oh my god, I've just gotten into the Handmaid's tail. They all wear red hoods, so that the here's the plot, Mitchell, the world. There's like a pandemic that hit the world or that you never They never really address it, but fertility rates and bounds like fiction to me, fertility rates amongst the world dropped to like five percent, so no one can have babies. And then it's really just take over America and they capture all the fertile women and they enslave them to be handmaids, and they rape them and impregnate them and torture them. It's a really good show. I'm not enjoying it because of that.
Speaker 7: It is a great show.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I just find it really hard to get into shows where it's set in a world that I can't imagine myself in, Like when it's just a bit too far fetched, like things like Game of Thrones. I'm like, I'm never going to be on a fucking horse going into battle, like it's the thing I prefer I prefer things that are a little bit real. Like you know, I've been watching this show on Fox CIRL. It's called The White.
Speaker 1: Lotus Gets His as eight.
Speaker 7: Yeah I saw that.
Speaker 5: Yes, well that's a very minor subplot. But I'm glad that that's stuck in your memory.
Speaker 1: So much sense why you can see him?
Speaker 5: Of God?
Speaker 1: But it makes sense.
Speaker 5: Got that it's got that chick. It's there's a meme of her where the camera just pans from her shoes up and she just goes hi. Yeah, yeah, I just remember. But it's got her and a bunch of people. It's really good and it's just like a bunch of people on vacation in Hawaii at the White Lotus. But thought, I can see myself there?
Speaker 1: Is it a comedy drama?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can you do a Jennifer?
Speaker 7: Please do it?
Speaker 1: Do it, Jennifer, I can't do it.
Speaker 5: Would you know what she's doing. She's gone to the White Notice because she wants to scatter her mother's ashes, and she doesn't know where to scatter them because she can't scatter them in the ocean. It feels like I'm feeding fish.
Speaker 1: Oh good, I might watch it.
Speaker 5: You've sold me quite I've been watching so much TV. Guys like like those things got it all over and done within two days, Big Little Eyes, Oh two days.
Speaker 1: Got it over and Mitchell I just did big Little lies. Did you watch Season two? Yeah? How good was Meryl Streep in the courtroom scene? Wasn't that brilliant?
Speaker 5: I know, I can't believe that Meryl Streep is such a good actress playing a mole that I now hate Meryl Streep like I never thought I was capable.
Speaker 1: True, she was brilliant. That Nicole Kip and that Nicole.
Speaker 5: Kip and I think that she's gonna be something that will and Reese Frotherspoon.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's got a big career ahead of her.
Speaker 7: I'm in.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 8: Or did you just realize the best way to unfollow people you don't care about on Instagram?
Speaker 3: This is me.
Speaker 1: I've got a tip.
Speaker 5: Have you only just learned how to muse people? No?
Speaker 1: No, god, No, I'm not that thick. This is a tip. Everyone get your phones out.
Speaker 5: Okay, yep, I'm on my Instagram.
Speaker 1: Then hit follow in right in that. You probably think there's a lot of inactive accounts, maybe some bots, maybe people who have deleted their accounts you still follow, So click following and then see at the top it says most shown in feed Mitchell, you're in that for me, Jenny, you're in that for me. Kisses in that for me. But then it showed you least interacted with.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm just looking at this now, so it literally tells you you don't care about these clowns and follow them.
Speaker 7: Yes, get rid of them. It's telling me to unfollow Kesher.
Speaker 5: Do it the algorithm, who for some reason is at the top of my most shown in feed healthy Harold.
Speaker 7: No, you can't get rid of him.
Speaker 5: No, he's my most shown I don't think I've ever seen anything, but it's in my most.
Speaker 7: Shown healthy Harald.
Speaker 1: Why the fuck do I follow healthy Harald? Now go to least interacted with Guy Sebastian. Oh, you can't unfollow guy, friend of the show, ABC Eyewitness New San Diego.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, this can't be right. What one of my least interacted with people is Shania Twain. There's a fault, there's a glitch.
Speaker 1: What could that mean? Mitchell?
Speaker 5: I interact with her all the fucking time. I love Shania.
Speaker 1: You know, it's even interesting, more interesting to go to their account and to see if they're still following you, and most of the time they're not.
Speaker 5: No, don't get caught up in that. Don't get caught up in that. That's your anxiety talking, Dylan.
Speaker 1: So I think that way much very true. Anyway, that's that the other day, and I think my following was at three thousand I think I followed like a good eight hundred people.
Speaker 5: Do you find it weird when people get a bit obsessive about the amount of people they're following versus how many followers call any old bar said, I don't give a fuck. People are like, oh, my ratio throng and I grow up get a lot.
Speaker 1: I couldn't care lest.
Speaker 8: Yeah and back then Okay, is it just me? Or do your AirPods never fall out?
Speaker 5: This is something this I put that in there. This is one of mine. My sister was talking to me about how I wear AirPods and she's like, I could never get those. I'd just get so sick and then falling out. And I was like, Dulan, they don't fall out their air pods. And I had the same concern when I first got AirPods they would fall out and I'd lose it. But I think that concern stems from when you had the headphones with the cord on it. They don't fall out. It's the cord that somehow pulls it.
Speaker 7: That's true.
Speaker 5: And so AirPods they never fall out.
Speaker 1: You know, my AirPods don't fall out.
Speaker 5: I don't think they could fall out if I make them. Got yours. I'm going to see if we can like literally force them to fall out.
Speaker 1: I've got look.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm violently shaking my head. Nothing comes out.
Speaker 1: My headphones are coming off. You know an Apple fanboy? So am I going to shake my This won't be good for my Kiari? Just give it a shake.
Speaker 5: Okay, don't do it. Make Jenna do it. I don't care about her brain cells.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I'll do It's fine, It's fine, I can do it. I can do it.
Speaker 5: See if you can make an AirPod fall out. They never do.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have to put some music on, are you though? A pump up song by Kesher?
Speaker 7: I'm a motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this will get me right here?
Speaker 5: We good choice. No, that's definitely not going to do it. You need gravity on your.
Speaker 1: Ship, all right. I'm going to pretend I'm in a car accident. This is a pretty hard the right side.
Speaker 5: Pretend that you've just gotten out of the pool and you've got a bit of water stuck in your ear. Get the water out of your ear. It's a bit blocked.
Speaker 1: Like tow Put the hot dogs on, babe. I'll just try off. Yeah, slice the watermelon now, I'm ready.
Speaker 5: Bashed your own skull in.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, no, it's not working. These things are stuck in. If these AirPods didn't pop out when me, me, the fucking Cavali King Charles was wrapped around my ankles, they're not coming out now, these things.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. You don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: Case closed. There you go. Listen, let's get out of here. What a great episode to episode eighty, which is when normal old people die. So do you think this show will get past eighty?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I did so, true multiple time people live beyond eighty. These days come on and.
Speaker 1: This time next week I'll be getting my second fire as a jabo. And when are you guys getting your jabs? You booked in for Astra because if you're young in Australia, get Astroseneka. It is so easily available. I've got the brain condition, so that's why I'm getting PISER. But get astrosenica. Guys, it's out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So you because of your brain condition, you were on the short list, like you were prioritized with Fizer and eligible.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Because of my chronic illness, I was eligible for PISER as well. And the nearest booking I could get was like early September. And oddly enough, I checked my calendar. That's the same day that Isabella's vaccination's a JIB, so She'll be going to the vet on the same day I'm going to get my JAB. But I'm thinking, God, early September, I could just get astrosenica in the meantime, do you reckon I should?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you should.
Speaker 7: I'm in the exact same boat.
Speaker 8: So I've got a fines of vaccination appointment at next month, like early September, and I'm thinking, should I.
Speaker 1: Just listen the way it's going in Sydney in New South Wales at the moment, like I would just get it. I would get astrosenica, But I'm already one FISER down, so I've got to get the next one.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, seeing as I passed with Flying Colors and I'm allowed in Jenna's singles Bubble. Maybe we should go get the jab together, Jenna, what do you reckon? Jenna's junk becomes Janna's jab totally cool?
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, what was coming up? Blimp and you'll miss it? I love and you'll miss it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: We have to do it just so we can use that slogan, book the blimp for fox up.
Speaker 1: I'm booking the blim one more big Happy birthday to contracept you die from Sam. We love you. Sitting at his desk now doing work because with the show we bought him wet, we did bore him.
Speaker 7: He's coming back.
Speaker 1: He's coming back. She's coming back. She's running over.
Speaker 4: Sorry, my headphone's died and I kind of thought, listen to all of the restaurants.
Speaker 5: You mean to tell me that this is all a facade. Sam's not actually sitting there producing it. Doesn't even listen. You doesn't even listen.
Speaker 1: Sam. We have a birthday song for you, now, let's roll it. You have a birthday, We have none. We sing to you. There it is hello.
Speaker 5: I thought this was a special song just for me.
Speaker 1: This is Jarney. You start, let's all say together.
Speaker 8: She knows.
Speaker 1: So the crime was the most general. It's like someone describing this podcast as it is an audio medium.
Speaker 5: You can listen.
Speaker 1: That is it on your phone? Yes?
Speaker 4: You can?
Speaker 7: And that goes for the birthday song was so unexpected. I wasn't expecting it.
Speaker 1: Mitch pointed out that, well, I mean I didn't ask her to do that, but to Midch pointed out that the lyrics don't even make sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen to this. You have a birthday, we have none, she says to you. You have a birthday, we have none. We sing to you. And it's like, Tamara, you're meant to be solving crime stale and if you're too deep, I think you'll find that everyone has a fucking birthday. What do you mean we have none?
Speaker 1: Everyone has a birthday, We have none. We sing to you, Happy birthday, We sing to you, Happy birthday.
Speaker 5: Did you even request that part of the cameo.
Speaker 1: No, I will send you the body I said.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: Let me. I'm gonna get it up now and I'm going to tell you exactly what she said because it was so thoughtable. No, No, this was so far from the truth, like ordering a cake. And getting back a Panini.
Speaker 5: I was like, Tomara, stick to the script, Tomara, tuney, you're supposed to be an actress.
Speaker 1: All right, this is what I said. So the question was about recipient. I said, his name is Mitchell Coombs. Mitchell's cat's name is Isabella, who he adores. Mitchell's nickname is Dalen. Our fans are called in Durant idiots. None of no, none was mentioned.
Speaker 5: No shout out for Isabella. She just started fucking yodling at me.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 5: I also noticed in that cameo she says when she was talking up her character, saying she solved the cra she is the fucking best. When she was talking her up, she says, we don't see enough of that. I miss her. I felt that she was throwing shade at Laura. Order s for you because for many seasons early on, she was a main character, and she was in the opening credits. But now she's not on the opening credits, and she just pops up once in a blue moon. It's like a recurring extra or whatever. So I really voted, and she's fucking pissed.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, that's a good point. Well, we appreciate Melinda for coming on the show. What a present and we paid her to do. All right, let's get out of here. Thank you for listening. Don't forget five star review right here we're going it could win you a mug. We ad all you have a great week, stay safe, look after your mental health. Thank you for being here for me, Michelle and generous Sam. I love you all.
Speaker 5: I love you too, Darling, Happy Sam, Sam. See this week by bye. Is It Just Me?
Speaker 7: A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 5: Ap Welcome to a to D brief. This is our secret segment. On the end, we pretend we're done, and we hope to God that no one actually hears this part. So if you've discovered the secret, keep it to yourself because we don't want this getting out there. This is this is our deep shame, this segment.
Speaker 1: This is when you clock off work on a Friday night and you only invite like the three work friends. You have to go out and get and get drinks. After you don't invite everyone, Yeah, and you go, hey, it could be trash, but let's go get a couple of drinks. Sometimes that's the best night of your life. Other times you don't want to remember it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this section of the podcast is like your core friends, where you are unguarded and you are comfortable being a fucking grot in front of them. That's how we're doing right now.
Speaker 1: Addbrief is the close friends of the podcasting world.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think close friends on Instagram picture.
Speaker 1: Are green and ring floating around this audio as we speak.
Speaker 5: I don't know, though, because I'm in a lot of people's close friends. Like I see people's close friends stories and I'm like, I wouldn't call you a close friend of mine? Why are you trusting me? Like I literally only have people who have basically anyone who's stepped foot in my home. They're allowed to be on my close friends on Instagram. But yeah, I'm in some people who are like media colleagues, and I'm like, I don't fucking trust you. Yeah, I'm not putting you in mind.
Speaker 1: I agree. I also think seeing someone's close friends story is a great way to tell where their insecurities are. Yeah, cause some people will just put up them rolling out dough to make cinnamon scrolls. They're like cinnamon scrolls Like this could have gone on the.
Speaker 7: Main Like, why are you exactly why are you writing that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's very odd, but I very rarely use it.
Speaker 7: I've never used it really.
Speaker 5: No. Yeah, I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm quite an unguarded gronk on my main story. I've put nothing to hide for you. Can you imagine how much effort it would be? You know those people that have a second Instagram account where they're like, I'm messy, I'm like, oh, oh god, I can't imagine you and I couldn't do it. Oy. I just remembered something because we were talking about Instagram? Did I tell you? Guys? I don't think I did. I got this message, and I would love to know, in your opinion, how you feel that I should respond.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, read it out.
Speaker 5: The message says, Hi, Mitchell, I'd like to apologize for what I did to your friends at the seven to eleven that night. It's something I will never forget and something I truly regret. I don't need to explain where I was at in my life at that time, and I don't expect you to forgive me, but I have been wanting to say this for a few years. You deserve an apology. For my behavior. Ooh, now do you know the backstory to this?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know the backstory.
Speaker 7: Oh it's a lot, yeah.
Speaker 1: About this.
Speaker 5: I knew Jenna at the time, but I don't think i'd even met you, Mitch. And this is not something that I would tell a new friend.
Speaker 1: Remember my life pre Mitchell, pre birth. Yeah, please.
Speaker 5: So me and my friends we were leaving a house party and I was the designated driver and we took my friend's car. I didn't drink a thing because I was driving home. I got in her car and I said, do you have pea plates? This is how long ago this was. I'm out twenty five. I would have been like twenty.
Speaker 1: You've had your fulls for like four fucking years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for ages. And so I said you have pea plates? She said no, and I said, well, I'm not driving home without them. I want to do the right thing, obeyed the law. So we went to seven eleven to buy pea plates.
Speaker 1: Very hard, courteous, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yes, very responsible. I stayed in the car. My friends went inside to buy the pea plates. As they came out of the seven to eleven, I could hear shouting. And so this woman had picked a fight with one of my friends and my friend, which they shouldn't have done. They were arguing back and I went full Mitchell on my friends and I said, get in the car, shut your mouth, stop egging them on, like be quiet. And so we're in the car and this woman who picked a fight she speeds off and I was like, okay, thank god that's over. And then we're putting the pea plates on, getting ready to go home, and then the car she left in comes screaming back around the corner parks us in, so they've parked behind our car, so I can't reverse out. I'm now stuck. And she gets out of the car with this big burly boyfriend of hers and they smashed the window, punch me in the face, grab the keys out of the ignition, throw them into a bush so we can't leave, and they're like attacking us at this point, and I'm shouting to my friend in the passenger seat, can you call triple zero? But they've gone to pieces. Unlike me, they don't cope well under pressure. They're all crying, and I was like, can you get it together and call the fucking cops. I'm being beaten by a junkie right now and anyway, they went home. Eventually they pissed off after smash all the windows. The car was written off.
Speaker 1: And I'm so sorry. That's so traumatic, your poor thing.
Speaker 5: I didn't know this, It wasn't. It's not something I look back on as being traumatic. It's more weird because I could tell as I was being bludgeoned that this chick was clearly the chick and her boyfriend were clearly not sound of mine, like they were under the influence of something. You know, something was going on.
Speaker 1: So where does the DNA to play.
Speaker 5: Well five years later or whatever, she's messaged me and said it was Yeah, it was the woman, the woman who picked a fight with my friend who kind of overreacted and then went home, got her fucking boyfriend and said let's go bash these kids.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: She's now reached out and said, I'm so sorry for that. I'd completely forgotten this happened. What do I even say to that, Like, it's fine that you punched me in the face and you know I got glass in my throat, like you punched you smashed the windscreen. It's it's weird.
Speaker 1: It's at the time, did you not try to contact the police or press any charges or go through Do.
Speaker 5: You know what the funny thing is? The police came and took our statements and one of them said to me, do you do YouTube? And I was like, yes, I knew who I was. One of the cocks knew who I was. But I didn't realize the woman knew who I was because she's now reached out to me and said, oh, I've wanted to apologize all this time. And I'm like, did you already follow me on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Or that's why your content was terrible at that time, I would have punched you too, to be honest.
Speaker 5: She's like, I'm like, did you already know who I was and you were comfortable with bashing me? Or did you discover me later on? And think I remember punching that kid in the face, Like I really want to know how she what her you know, situation is her relationship to me?
Speaker 1: How funny if she found your six month after kept sharing all your posts, being like this guy's funny, he's so familiar. Probably went to school with one kid, and then it just clicked one day when she had Mitchell Kumb's impression in her knuckles, that's that pluff that I bashed. That's awful. Well, you know, you don't owe her anything.
Speaker 5: No, no, but I just really want to say to her, it's fine. I'm not holding it against you. But she did allude to the fact that she goes, I don't need to explain where I was at in my life at that time, and the cops later got back to us and said that within a twenty four hour time period, she also reported the big burly boyfriend that came and bashed us. She reported him for like domestic violence. So I'm like, clearly, clearly something was going on there. There's a bigger picture situation happening here. She was just like, oh, well, clearly she was bashing some fucking twink in his little car. I'm just trying to do the right thing. Put my peep plates on.
Speaker 1: You know what, if you are okay with it, it could be and you're happy to and you're at peace with what happened, it could actually could give her a whole lot of closure. If you're comfortable with messaging her, that could put that whole period of her life to rest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's a good idea. I probably will do that, But I'm just like, this is I never expected that I got that message, and I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: No, what just say hi? Dunnant leave us a five star review? You are void from winning a mate sadly to the bashing of my face. However, where even now leave us a five star review? Thanks?
Speaker 5: Can you picture this, by the way, as she's literally beating me, I'm trying to use my words and just talk about it instead of resorting to violence. I was like, honey, calm down, let's talk about this, and she's just like fucking like just bashing away.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, do what you want if you're happy with it. Yeah, I reckon give her some closure because it sounds like she was going through some shit, the poor thing.
Speaker 5: Wish well, yeah, it sounds like she could do with some closure because she said, I've been wanting to say this for a few years. It's been ages, And I was like, she's still thinking about it, because I thought that she was just ruthless, like, oh bash, these guys go about my life. It's fine. Wow.
Speaker 1: Is she on private? Have you had a little stalk? Is she doing well?
Speaker 5: She is private, and even though she's a private account, I can see that her Instagram bio is hashtag no underscore regrets in life, so she's clearly got one regret punching my fucking head in.
Speaker 1: God, what what if Bayer was hashtag one regret? If it's just one and that's it, Oh, your poor thing, miss, that's traumatic. Fight off really kicks in in those moments, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 5: That was actually great because I've never been in a situation like that, and I kept my cool. Yeah, all my friends went to Pieces. Albeit they were a bit drunk so they were fragile, but they all went to Pieces, and I'm saying, can someone call triple zero? I'm being punched in the face here, And they were just like, ah, they were just you know, distraught, and I'm like, you're not even the one being bashed, bitch. So I like to think after the learning experience from this is that my fight off flight is I keep my cool. I can handle myself. If someone wants to attack me in the street, bring it on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think. Look, I'm very good under pressure, under actual real life stress duress. I'm very good in fight off flight. However, my family, everyone in my family who absolutely horrific. We once woke up when I lived at home and all my sisters lived at home, the whole family were there in the shire. We woke up and there was a man sleeping. We have like an outdoor cabarana. You guys have never been to my family, have you. We have like an outdoor entertaining kabana, like it's an outside house.
Speaker 5: What he was on your porsch?
Speaker 3: He was?
Speaker 1: He was sleeping on my porush.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, my ten dollar Porsch, not the push.
Speaker 1: And Mum woke up to take Hay, I'm a little dog out for a WII in a little dressing gown and a Peter Alexander slippers and she sees this man asleep after it's been raining all night on our outdoor louch. Freaks the fuck out, runs inside. We all lock the doors and Mum is freaking. I wake up from the stress. My dad is out away. My big sister Becky is freaking out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, where's Dad? Pot twist with his personal assistant, No doubt.
Speaker 1: Now it was Dad, and that's the pot twist. Now it was a homeless man who apparently needed shelter in the rain and just slept there. So Becky called the police. It was his whole thing, and I'm like, just go out and show him. It will be fine. So I actually went out and was like, excuse.
Speaker 5: Me, can you explain to me what that would look like shoeing?
Speaker 1: I did. I went out and shoot him. So I opened the door and I would excuse me, like give the moth, mate, give him the mate, excuse me, mate. And then he woke up and he was terrified. He was more scared than we were. And I'm so sorry, so so I needed I need to sleep. And then like hobbled out and ran up the side gate and was gone, like the guys, I can't.
Speaker 5: Believe that you stepped up like you hate confrontation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in those moments, that's what I mean. In those moments, I was like, Nap, I've got We've got to we've got to solve. And I was like the man of the house. So I turned off Rpul's drag race and I did it. Have I told you the story about how we got robbed. Oh my god, this story, this story is so bad. We pay my mom out all the time. So mama had a couple of wines. The Sharkys Football's a massive part of my family. My dad was an ex Sharky's player. That's where my mum and he sort of met. And mom was at the Sharkis game and I was at home hate the football with my little sister. So we're sitting home watching the game. It's on TV. It's like a kilometer away. So the game ends and everyone sort of because our street is so close, all the people in the auditorium walk down our street back to their cars because that's where they all park. So then we get the doorbell opens and it's Mum. We open the door, Get high, Mom.
Speaker 3: Just hi.
Speaker 1: Guys clearly had a couple of venos.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: I made some friends at the game. Oh no, and we go, oh, oh, who hi?
Speaker 5: These two blocks beer fucking shark fans. Obviously they poe the risk.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I go oh, instantly going I don't like this. I go, oh, okay, Mom, guess they're coming in for a drink on the bounty plays with the dog like, I'm gonna get you boys to be come on in. These two men super sars, like instantly get a bad feeling in my stomach. I go, this is weird. They wander around the house and go, can I use the bathroom. I go, yeah, it's downstairs. So one goes downstairs, one's looking into the kitchen and I'm like, oh no, this is bad, my mom. These guys need to get you. They're fine, they walk back, they're just come in their car. I'm like, no, this is not good. So I, gentlemen, we actually have to go. We have people coming over, have to get out. I'm like, now I've got a bad feeling. I've got a bad feeling, like, oh mate, don't be a party pooper. Me and your mama having fun. I'm like, you don't know her. Get out of the house. So I kick them out of the house.
Speaker 5: Isn't it kind of sweet though, that your mom just like saw the best in them. I've made friends.
Speaker 1: It was so endearing. And that is my mom. Like to a tee, she just like you've seen her on install Live. She's like, hi, Fluffy underscore cat legs, callum, how are you? How are your Emerald?
Speaker 5: It's like, I'd go to war for you, Fluffy.
Speaker 1: My mom is such an EmPATH. She's so empathetic and sympathet She's beautiful. Anyway, that night we are robbed what oh no by two men. No, they break in the bathroom window, which is where them conveniently went. Yeah, so I didn't see it. My Becky, my older sister, the bathroom windows next to her bedroom. She woke up to two men at the window and she she's it was them. She saw them and freaked the fucking herself.
Speaker 5: She could have just drawn her gun on those dogs.
Speaker 1: Now this was pre cop They think she was still at tom School. I wanted to be a beautician. She hadn't made up her mind. And this is a true story, had pulled the flight flight screen off and his leg was in in the door. He was climbing in and she freaked out, kicked him out, and then I still play mum out to this day, and she she doesn't. She denies it. She denies that she had any part in me Like they were not. Yeah, it's actually hilarious. It's you're gonna get robbed again.
Speaker 5: Do you know what my parents warned me about robbers when I first moved to Sydney, Like they pulled me aside and gave me a stern talking to. Because when Mum and Dad lived in Sydney, they had three separate apartments as a couple, Like both of them living together, and all three of them were broken into and specifically stole the TV and mum's good curtains. No curtains to steal, I know, but I don't know if it's a coincidence. But she's like me, fucking curtains keep being flogged. And so they they really painted a picture that made me think that robbers were going to be a much bigger deal in my life. I feel like I'm inviting them in now. But I've never been robbed.
Speaker 1: No, I've not been robbed. I know where you live, Mitch, I know where you of Jenner and where I live. The three of us can't really be robbed. We're kind of like in complexes. I think if anyone's gonna get robed, it's me. I'm like street level. I'm probably at once.
Speaker 5: I'm allowed in Jennet's singles Bubble who knows what the game is?
Speaker 1: Things are going to start going missing, and.
Speaker 5: She's like, where's my fucking cat?
Speaker 7: Where's Connie?
Speaker 1: All right, we need to go guys. Great episode show. I loved her too, What a good show. And from home to Mitchell, the vibe that that's how you know you're onto something good. You know when you've got someone from home, but it still works exactly.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: I actually forgot. It doesn't feel like we're in different locations. It feels like we're in the same room.
Speaker 1: Also, did you I see my new microphone. I spoke about it a couple I love it, Mitchell. I went on Instagram Live the other night and I wanted people to vote for names. Let's decide now there.
Speaker 5: You're naming the microphone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like that. Yeah, because it's purple. It's bright purple at the bottom and then it fades up to pink. So the options are the eggplant mic Nah, it looks like an egg plant, like the egg plant emoji.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you can't have the and mic in the name, like you just got to give it a standalone name like Tricksy.
Speaker 1: Oh that's like sy What about Grimace?
Speaker 7: It's pretty other than that, you know what?
Speaker 5: It reminds me of. I used to have my little pony that were those same colors, like a pink and purple hue, and it was called Twinkle Sparkle.
Speaker 7: I think I had Twinkle Sparkle too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Twinkle Sparkle, my little pony.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll update you later. We don't have a name. No, I don't like to me, I'm not fucking pulling my microphone. Twinkle sparkle.
Speaker 5: Is that too gay for you?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: I don't mind tricksy, but let's sit on it. No, Rush, the mic will stay.
Speaker 5: I do need to Joanne.
Speaker 7: No, I like Joanne.
Speaker 5: Let's just give it a really mundane housewife name, like Trudy.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, I like M for microphone? What about marriage? Am or Marjorie Miriam, Miriam Merriam the mic bev Julie. Look, we have to sit on it.
Speaker 3: I have to.
Speaker 1: I've got to do a radio show and I'm getting.
Speaker 5: I shan't be sitting on that mic. No, I'm sure you could if it doesn't look like a dildo.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 1: Denise the dildo mic, Denise, Debbie, Delene, Delane. Delete the done. It's hope she doesn't listen back to the episode. All right, we'll see you guys next week for seventy nine. Stay safe, look after Yourselves leaves a five star review. Please keeps us on the cloud and I'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 5: We hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today, guys. That's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, we love you.
Speaker 8: Bye.
Speaker 5: See yeah the Babe Is It Just Me?
Speaker 7: A podcast by a couple of mechas.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.