Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Got an email from Sharon Morgan about Jack Post's problem with oz Post the promise he had last week with his delivery the itch cream. How's it all worked out? By the way cream on ititch gone? It is gone. This is great news. What a day? Huh? What a time to be alive? All right? Anyway back to Sharon Morgan, Christian. Yesterday I had a phone call from a guy who had received my meal. He lives at a Rugby Crescent. I live at a Rupert Walk. Fortunately this was not on his person who rang to let me know so I could collect it from him. How hard is this? Streets are next to each other. Put in Google Match it gives you Direction's pretty easy. However, haven't said that. I think Australia Post overall is doing an outstanding job. That's some Sharon, Yeah. I mean you hear about this quite a lot, don't you. Wear People have like if they live in flats, whether it's flat one A, two A, three A and you're ordering a pizza and it must be a nightmare where anytime you go to order anything over the phone, you have to do that one or two line explaining it. Oh and by the way, when you turn up, don't press the buzzer for Flat one eight that is our address.
Speaker 2: It looks like one twenty three bits one twenty three A. You got to go round the back up the stairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I always thought it must be awful if your dress is a nightmare where you have to explain it to someone on the phone. I don't leave it there, or wear that buzzer or it says that, or you'll post go somewhere else around the corner, a couple of streets away, and you have to once a week go and get their posts.
Speaker 2: Well, often in a suburb, and I hate seeing this when they've got like a barkley crescent in a barkly street, you know, two streets from each other. That must get confused all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I also live at a number eight, the house that we have before we moved here. Lived there for ten years and it was sort of just opposite. This is ridiculous. I don't know what the town plans are doing, but it was just opposite. I lived on Dorking Avenue and there was a Dorking Road opposite my opposite road. Why would you do that anyway. One day I get a text on the garage that have been servicing my cargo and we've dropped your car off and I think there's now car outside. So I ring them and go you can't dropped it off and they went, no, no, it's been dropped off. The young lad said he dropped off but the keys, so letterbox went there are no keys more bortanly no car And then for two hours they can't work out the guys that he dropped off at your house. And then on Twitter get this. I just see a tweet from someone who follows me going we've got your car. I twok them out going DM me, I have actually lost my car. They say we live at number eight Dorking Avenue. I was at Dorkin Crescent number eight. They happened to be following me on social media and listened to the show someone has just dropped off a car and put the keys through the letterbox and bug it off. They had my car. The occasional would get my post but the car is a bit much. The Christian O'Connell show podcast, So Nightmare addresses you ever lived at one? You can email me your stories. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. We're talking about nightmare addresses. Did you ever have a nightmare address? One of those where you always have to explain it to people and how to find your house or your flat or your apartment. Tell us about your nightmare address.
Speaker 3: It is a nightmare. I have an address. It's a rural property in Paradise. Lovely place in Paradise, but my mail does not get to me. My last letter that I had sent to me took just over a month and it was returned through Australia Post three times. It also had three male stamps to say that it had been returned. It had texta crossing out the barcodes and saying send two address and it still took over a month to get there.
Speaker 1: See this is what I used to think when I should watch TV shows as a kid about Australia, like Flying Doctors. I just presume this was Australia.
Speaker 2: Sorry, brother, Dad, I'm going to three. You probably won't be able to contact me.
Speaker 1: So why is the address in Paradise? I'm so hard to find me.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't know. It's got something to do with the Australian post system, but Australia postponents basically don't have Paradise on the list as a mailing area, so it sort of bounces around between a couple of post offices.
Speaker 1: That's what you're saying is meca is Australian post does not recognized Paradise live.
Speaker 2: How many people live in Paradise A few?
Speaker 3: Like one hundred?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's worthy enough, surely a post yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we've got our postcode. But up there the postcode sort of covers about five different areas, so as long as it gets to the post office, you know, they sort it out there. But it doesn't even get to the post But.
Speaker 1: This must mean like Christmas, Birthday cards and like bills and stuff. That must be a nightmare for you.
Speaker 3: By the time I get bills, they're overdue.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: When the debt collectors come, hopefully they can't find your front door exactly.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's the way I look at her, like if a letter can't get to me, like you know, no one else would be having to come.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian know Connells Show podcast