Speaker 1: I heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold when I four point three podcasts playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: HiT's a chemist warehouse and save more money every year on your regular medication with discount of prescriptions in every store every day.
Speaker 2: I've never known anything like it. Those cabaners that we start to give away Friday that I never really wanted.
Speaker 1: Couldn't see they'd be popular. What do I know nothing?
Speaker 2: The single most popular item we've ever given away in this show's history.
Speaker 1: If you miss Friday, you.
Speaker 5: Have just one Christian's cabana.
Speaker 2: I even got an email at two am this morning, and.
Speaker 1: Who is who is having a sleepless night?
Speaker 2: God damn it, I'm gonna have to email him right now.
Speaker 1: I can't sleep. I need one of the show cabanners.
Speaker 2: Been shooge all weekend, smashed my inbox with emails, emails, emails, which is a Kaitlin, you were at the Australian Open the weekend on Saturday, which is an incredibly hot day.
Speaker 1: Someone came up to you asking for one legit.
Speaker 6: Someone walked up to me and what.
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: What I recognized you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they've recognized first time it's ever happened. And they were like, are you Kaitlin?
Speaker 6: And I was like yeah, thinking.
Speaker 2: Like that was how did they note with you?
Speaker 1: Did they hear your voice?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I also have accreditation so my name is around my neck and so someone was like are you Kaitlyn? I was like yeah, and they're like, oh my god, can I have a kabana? And I was like, what the hell?
Speaker 2: I've never known anything like it?
Speaker 7: Never ever. It was when he got left, how we have thirty eight?
Speaker 2: Thirty eight left? So we gave We're six still Friday Show. We will have some more to give away today. All right, Patsy, how is your long weekend? Are you are Monday win or a loser? What did you do yesterday?
Speaker 7: Definitely a winner? You know why? We had a guy to cut some trees down on our.
Speaker 8: Fence line because our neighbor hasn't cut it back to the fence line.
Speaker 2: So is it one of those things where it's your responsibility that side or theirs?
Speaker 7: Well, no, I think it's theirs, isn't it. If you've got trees.
Speaker 1: Which side is theirs? If we're looking out.
Speaker 7: If you're looking at the house from the roadway, it's on the left side, on the left fence line.
Speaker 4: But does the tree is it rooted in your side?
Speaker 1: Because people fall out with neighbors over.
Speaker 7: This com totally totally.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, it's on their side right and overlapping. So we thought, you know what, it's just easier to just get a guy to do it. So we had all this junk down the side of the house that had to mean to be moved, so we had access to it, excuse me, and we.
Speaker 2: Had a big weekend.
Speaker 9: Tennis was great.
Speaker 8: We had one of those clams sure kitty shell kiddie pools from when Audrey was really tiny. She's now fifteen. That's how long it's been down there, full of you know, mold and slime. Had to be moved out.
Speaker 1: So it's probably where COVID came from.
Speaker 8: That's where it originated anyway. So my husband moved it out onto the drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, it was full of gunk.
Speaker 9: I had lost.
Speaker 8: It was disgusting, absolutely had to go to the tip. So my husband, Chris just moved it out into the driveway just to get out of the way while the guy came into the trees. Anyway, when we came back out after the trees had been done, someone had pinched it.
Speaker 10: Taken it, taking your old dirty pool, taking old.
Speaker 2: Dirty a right in a could de sac. Yes, so someone's really had to be driving around looking for stuff to go that.
Speaker 1: Hang on a minute and.
Speaker 8: Like get away with it. It's like I wouldn't put a kid in that. I wouldn't let my dog drink out of that.
Speaker 9: You put your own kid in itt No, but that was.
Speaker 1: Beast of adulterers president as well.
Speaker 7: But they did us a favor because now we don't have to go to the tip.
Speaker 1: It's such a great result.
Speaker 8: They've like that is the most enormous favor. So now I'm going to go through the house, get all the junk, put it out on the street. See if someone just takes it.
Speaker 1: Alex, how was your long weekend? Are your Monday winter or losing? I'm a bit of both.
Speaker 11: Let me start by saying, gin and tonics have a way of catching up with you. Thirty drink a lot of them, and I just thought, why don't we have a little party here tonight where we didn't go too far. We sort of stayed in our area subere, which was lovely, really nice with the kids. But yeah, Saturday evening we got stuck into the gents. I'm way out of practice and it was with my in laws and it got a bit out of hand. I suppose I got the Henry Lawson Book of Selected Poems out.
Speaker 1: Apparently I got the guitar to do when you're lift up Henry Laws some book at BOMs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like people playing Wonderwar but singing drunkenly and stuff like that, telling tool stories.
Speaker 2: But Henry, go, get the go, get what's the Ricky Joys see, couldn't go get the guitar, get Henry law some poems, James Joyce.
Speaker 1: Laws.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, what a great way to get people to leave your place, though they couldn't leave that with us. Your son in law is reading poetry six gees and teas in.
Speaker 9: No, is this something you do regularly?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Classic?
Speaker 11: For this is kind of classic, man. Yeah, yeah, there's palms. I'll just start reading and Animore.
Speaker 2: Bunny is like, oh no, watch out, it's the warning.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: You won't believe what my wife and I saw on the beach. Sunday evening, we went down to the beach. Beautiful summer's evening, went down there, met up with some friends. There's six of us, okay, the guy, three guys, and our wives and ruders. Sat on the beach having a couple of drinks, and then all of a sudden, my wife goes Chris, Chris, oh my god, look over to your eye, there's a couple there having sex.
Speaker 1: I go, come on, and I look over.
Speaker 2: I look over, thinking my wife is prone to chronic exaggeration. I think there's no way for once in her life she'd undersold it.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's that's.
Speaker 2: I could not believe my eyes.
Speaker 4: And are we talking the full month? It was clear, it was clear and undertowels. No, oh, what time of days? This this is about six pm?
Speaker 1: So light.
Speaker 2: He's jacked covered in tats. They are clearly there's no mistake.
Speaker 9: Are they in the like what's it called like that?
Speaker 1: They're in an embrace? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, They're in the middle of the beach. What and like it it's like we're extras. They're oblivious this beach. There's just a normal family beach. I couldn't believe if you had kids there to get this pat so an hour or two later, we're all packing up believing, Yeah, I can't go into full details about what happened. I can't because it's it's the next bit. I cannot talk about it. There's no way I could even use language to try and camouflage what happened afterwards?
Speaker 9: Did you do like a charade?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, because someone will say something anyway. As we're packing up and getting off the beach, my wife sees a family coming down.
Speaker 1: Because it's this couple of stool.
Speaker 2: All having a good time. My wife gets in front of this family, right, excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, Like Gavin, just to make you know, there's a couple over there, points of them go, there's a couple over there having intense relations. You might want to just take your kids to a different part of the beach. Ye, get in the car. I said to my wife, to be fair, you know we didn't have.
Speaker 1: To look what.
Speaker 2: They're not doing any harm? Ready? Sure to Chris, it's illegal. I didn't know having sex in public is actually an offense?
Speaker 7: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: This is literally She went back and told my daughter's and kids kids, do you know it's illegal to have sex in public?
Speaker 1: Like, what are you two talking about?
Speaker 2: Been fortunate?
Speaker 9: It's worrying, It's very worrying. I had no idea. Why did you think it was okay?
Speaker 2: Because actually, surely it doesn't take the law to stop us doing that.
Speaker 1: We're not dogs.
Speaker 2: What do you think that before they had the law, people were just at it in the street down anyways. That's exactly so if the law wasn't there, we'd all just be rutting in the street.
Speaker 9: We're not like dogs. More people would I reckon more people?
Speaker 2: No way, no way.
Speaker 1: So we need law to stop us doing that.
Speaker 9: Yes, we're animals.
Speaker 1: Maybe should you.
Speaker 2: Think people are still prosecuted for that? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think I think so.
Speaker 7: I think they can be.
Speaker 9: Depends on how I had.
Speaker 1: No Seriously, I didn't know it was illegal.
Speaker 9: You seem like you think they shouldn't. Wow.
Speaker 2: I just like my wife was, well, you know, best of them and they're having a good time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but not at six at night's public beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said to what do it after dark? You know, because they have those signs about whether it's a non leash off leash, you know, dog stuff like that. Maybe they need some more signage there. Maybe they just didn't know.
Speaker 8: Oh no, surely common decency would dictate that you don't do that.
Speaker 9: We could put some signs up just to make sure it was a lot.
Speaker 2: You know, you were like, wow, I've never seen that.
Speaker 9: You look more impressed than I was.
Speaker 2: I was impressed with you, you know, I was impressed by the lack of caring about everyone else.
Speaker 1: And there were there were hundreds of families.
Speaker 7: The unbelievable, you know what.
Speaker 2: You were just like, where do you get the confidence? You know, because we've got confidence to go into the studio and do this. There's levels to us that Wow, how do you get What course have you been on? I don't know whether they were on something other than the beach, but it was wild. I did not know it was illegal to have sex in public.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: On Friday show, we gave away.
Speaker 2: Some limited edition Christian O'Connell Show cabanners. Now, just checking that you're listening and you understand what I mean by cabaner, not the spicy meat sausage. Someone got very excited thinking we were giving away one hundred spicy meat sausages, which are delicious. Who's to say we don't now do that in the next calories. But right now, these are beach cabanners. I had no idea, but Kaitylin this was her her genius idea last year, and I was like, I don't think people are gonna want those, but you do all we can. People begging for these cabanas. So we have some stool to give away.
Speaker 12: Christian's got one hundred cabanners. It's a Friday beach give way bonanza. Christian's got one hundred cabers. The way to stay unsafe this summer with Christian.
Speaker 2: Carbana Carbana. All right, we still have some producicating and how many are left?
Speaker 9: Thirty eight?
Speaker 2: By the way, you obviously will hang over this morning. We are sponsored by Chimis Warehouse and I have a Chemists Warehouse medicine cupboard in the studio in case the team ever need anything puic. Kaitlin has just sent another team member in to get her some Liquid IV. It's not an inspiring sight for me. So look at my producer and see them quaffing liquid IV to try and hydrate a half six on a Tuesday.
Speaker 9: Morning, second week in a row as well.
Speaker 1: You're right, actually, yes, I'm not hungover.
Speaker 6: It was very hot this weekend and I'm just taking care of my.
Speaker 2: Body, all right, So we have cabanas. We're going to do a part two on the time waster. We did Bogan Celebrities on Friday and there were so many great ones. We're going to do a extra time waster Bogan celebrities. Lots of you're calling in right now, text only you got a sweats for the cabana? Okay, four seventy five, three one oh four to three Bogan Celebrities, Ria, would any of these win me at cavana?
Speaker 1: David Dutch, Oveny.
Speaker 9: Christian No bro what they love that.
Speaker 1: Mat wins? Look, yes, just one one?
Speaker 5: You have just one Christian's cabana.
Speaker 9: Farting They're not they just fart a lot.
Speaker 2: Well they do.
Speaker 1: What about this one? Then?
Speaker 2: Surely this is a cabana. Bogan Celebrities, no teeth Urban cavana.
Speaker 5: Yes, you have just won Christians Cavana.
Speaker 1: All right, Ria, what have you got vb King? Oh yeah, very good.
Speaker 5: You have just won Christians cavana and Ned Kelly Clarkson.
Speaker 2: Hmm, okay, maybe some of that liquid IV because a few all right.
Speaker 1: What have you got them?
Speaker 2: Bogan Celebrities best gold Win Cabanas.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, It's The Christian O'Connell's Show, twenty seven Tuesday morning. We're doing an extra time waste of Bogan celebrities for the Western Show. You win Cabanas, Christian O'Connell's show, Cabanas Ria. Why are you ready to Mark? Let's go, Michael. It's not Elton John, it's Shy John. Oh, bron Yanky. Chris has got Britney Beers. That's a silver pass, Chris Shatta Stone cabana.
Speaker 1: Wow done, June, you have.
Speaker 5: Just one Christians cavana?
Speaker 2: What about Matthew and Tinny Turner silver plus. Ashley has got Showy Armstrong. Not Louis Armstrong, but Showy Armstrong. What a wonderful world it would be.
Speaker 5: You have just one Christians cavana.
Speaker 2: Kevin Costner, he's a Bogan. Kevin Costco sil Jenny, that's very good. Almost Flanny Minogue a silver.
Speaker 1: Four x Gump. Come on, that's so good. Christopher Davies.
Speaker 5: You have just one Christians cavana.
Speaker 2: That is brilliant four x cup. It's so good. Uh, Dustco's got Thong Mayer Silver plus William Shakespeare.
Speaker 9: Oh cavana. Yes, that is cavana.
Speaker 2: Chris the Teacher, well done, you have just one Christians cavana.
Speaker 1: Shane listening has got Mohammed Bali.
Speaker 9: Oh very good, silver plus.
Speaker 1: Yes, Shane.
Speaker 2: If not to me, I would have given you a kibanda that is very have one anywhere.
Speaker 1: That's too good. Michael's got Siggi pop.
Speaker 9: Oh that's cabana.
Speaker 1: Mike, well done, you have.
Speaker 5: Just one Christian's cabana.
Speaker 2: David's got posh spice rack, a spice Rex Bergan, we all have a spice.
Speaker 7: Rack that is a bronze.
Speaker 13: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Racks are one of those things that's just in your home and you never remember buying it.
Speaker 1: How did it get there?
Speaker 2: I don't ever mind either was by this or receiving it?
Speaker 1: Was it just here? We moved in the house. How this damn spice rack get here?
Speaker 2: Stewart's got Paul Bogan silver and Barry flannelo.
Speaker 1: Great one to end on.
Speaker 5: You have just won Christian's cabana.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning Australia. Good news. Welcome to the Bank of Christian. I'm only paying your bills over the next couple of weeks. So if you'd love one of your bills paid, head to the world's worst sundy website, the Gold website. It is really called this the gooldwebsite dot com dot au. Send me a copy of your bill and I could be calling you. Let's call our first winner right now. Jade, Hi Christian, how are you now? You've read to been part of the Bank of Christian. I'm calling you to pay a bill?
Speaker 13: Please, please, please?
Speaker 11: Can you pay for my new tires?
Speaker 13: I need four new tires.
Speaker 1: I already took the car for a service.
Speaker 13: It took me fifteen hundred dollars and now they're like, you need for new tires and I'm like, oh great, thanks.
Speaker 2: Tires are so expensive.
Speaker 1: They are so expensive. Well why do you to get four?
Speaker 10: So it's going to.
Speaker 11: Be apparently they did the rotation and.
Speaker 13: All of them are bold.
Speaker 2: Yeah apparently, yeah, yeah, all of them. What are the odds? So all of them need doing, madam? So how much is the bill?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: Well, they're about one thirty five at tires or about five hundred dollars teap tires.
Speaker 13: They do go up.
Speaker 1: So what's the tonto bill?
Speaker 13: It's about all five ten.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think you said eight hundred dollars just rounded up to eight hundred dollars. Oh my god. Oh wait, get the tires and have dinner on us, a tire dinner. So if you want your bills paid like Jade, head to the goldwebsite dot com TODAYU send me a copy of the big bill you'd love me to pay off and I could be calling you good luck. Head to the goldwebsite dot com Dodau. The Bank of Christian is now paying out.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I hope you had a great long weekend. Thank you very much for joining us this morning. During the next hour, every show this week finals tickets. It is the Australian Open and it's the finals coment this weekend. You can win your way there during the next hour the show, every single show this week, all week, all finals tickets to the Australian Open. Alex in the Sports news there extreme heat protocols will be happening today. Now what temperature does it have to get to before it's actually unsafe for them to play? I believe it's forty It's going to be forty five today, so they obviously.
Speaker 1: Have people keep an eye like the thermometers. Yeah, and they have a roof of a rod Laverna luckily have.
Speaker 9: Aircorn or it does beautiful.
Speaker 2: Why didn't they close it last night and crank up that ac for today.
Speaker 1: That's what the rest of us.
Speaker 2: Have been doing, murmuring during the night, annoying. Your neighbors were like, woo, twenty four to seven do that? Don't start doing midday when it's that a billion degrees.
Speaker 4: Yes, because then it needs to work harder to get the final heat.
Speaker 2: Your yesterday was it was a beautiful hot day. And I met a friend about three o'clock from late lunch and I got there first, and the guy was halfway through saying to me, do you want to be outside inside anywhere? To me?
Speaker 1: Are your English? We'll get you inside, not going out there on that.
Speaker 9: We'll get you inside with sunscreen.
Speaker 2: Ford. Is there a basements? Is there a basement? Can I go under the table? So extreme heat protocols and then what they're stopped playing for a couple of hours.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they'll have to and they're going to extend the late night session so Alex Deman will be up again. Calos Acharaz laid on in the evening, which is a good thing. I mean, Strellians could use it to their advantage, couldn't they turn the icon off?
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into small thing things that make you go good. It's the small things that drive you mad. Martin standing at the register with a half loaded basket and someone asks if they can go in front of you.
Speaker 7: I don't mind that.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it. And also I'm not being fine right these supermarkets they're doing okay. If you've only got one item, have it, Joe, it's.
Speaker 1: Just one thing, Just.
Speaker 2: Get it off free, have like a happy hour.
Speaker 1: If it's one thing, to take it away. Work. Not the men's raises.
Speaker 2: The most expected thing in the zuper is men's.
Speaker 10: They've got them behind like the screen so no one can steals, so exclusive.
Speaker 2: You get anything else widely available here, but not those men's raises.
Speaker 1: That five blader.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to go and ask one of the young children running this place. Ryan, when the volume for the TV adverts is twice as loud as the TV show you're watching this time, Claire, when Australian Post Sound wasn't home to accept my delivery, but I was John. No one at my work notes, how to change the loo role?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 9: I actually don't know.
Speaker 3: Ros.
Speaker 1: Where are the spare ones here?
Speaker 2: Because last week I always life lesson always check her head. I've been in the wrong side of that equation where you were like you you're try and feed it out and it's like, oh god, there's nothing here.
Speaker 1: I need some assistance, and you're like, what do you do?
Speaker 2: You can't wad out in a busy office and excuse me, excuse me, by the way, can you stick on stay.
Speaker 1: With a heaven?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna need a bit more time befo. I'm back on air, and I asked someone to.
Speaker 1: Bring in some role, you know, ask the next door. Yeah, tell.
Speaker 2: He was driving me mad. At the moment, I want to go to the cinema tonight air Con Oh yeah, best air con, supermarkets and the cinema. At the moment, my wife and I argue with our two daughters. There's no there's no consensus. They want to go and see old Timothy Shamalama ding dong in. Yeah, I don't want to see two guy playing table tennis two and a half hours.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's really really good. But my wife and I want to go and see Hugh Jackman movie Song Sung Blue.
Speaker 9: Neil diamond tribute.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a Neil diamond story. It's not. It's a tribute to Neil Diamond. I thought Hugh Jackman was Neil Diamonds until I watched a trailer. So good. He's playing a tribute act. It's a real life story. It's supposed to be incredible. My daughters said, oh no, that's the old people like you. Now, they're right, They're right. I said, I do want to see two and half hours about a table tennis kid?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would think gen Z kids want to watch table tennis like that?
Speaker 2: How good can it be?
Speaker 11: Probably one of the greatest sporting films of all time, that's what I've heard.
Speaker 2: No Way, Yeah, yeah, no way, that's Happy Gilmore.
Speaker 4: Remember the Titan No Way Given Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah that that's just two or three. Happy Gilmour is more like a documentary. Attis in the wall, Patsy, what's what's the things that make you go?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 8: Well, it's not a minor thing. It's a major thing in our house in that we bought the wrong sized bin bags for our fifty five lead in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: What's you got thirty five early to bags?
Speaker 7: Yes, and we've got a fifty five leader.
Speaker 1: You know, you can't even stretch over that mouth.
Speaker 7: Insane. It's like stretching your bottom lip over the top of your head. And I refuse to.
Speaker 2: Go out, you know the old saying, it's like stretching the bottom over the top of your head.
Speaker 8: I refuse to go and get the right size because we've got a whole big role of the small size.
Speaker 7: So all wekend it was down.
Speaker 8: One end of the beam, trying to stretch it over either side, and of course all the SCRATCHI.
Speaker 2: False economy because the moment you try and get that thing out, it's going to tear. Yes, they're making those bind lines thinner and thinner, aren't they?
Speaker 7: Yes, wait the thin now.
Speaker 9: I tried to do the right thing and got you know, the green recycled.
Speaker 4: Material friendly ones, bidegradable, it's very biodegradable.
Speaker 9: To save the planets.
Speaker 1: What's up with your man?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Rio just said to this, what movie are you going to go and see?
Speaker 2: We're not going to cinema because we can't agree what a ridiculous situation. I was getting all moody yesterday. The kids aren't used to see me get moody, but I was. At one point they took the mickey out of me because I even mumbled, what's the.
Speaker 1: Point even being a dad?
Speaker 2: Went what?
Speaker 1: Because you can't control us?
Speaker 2: That what I'm saying, Yeah, a dad, haven't the kids who can't boss them around made them go through two things they don't want to do it?
Speaker 1: Keep done happy?
Speaker 2: Why want? In nineteen and twenty one, go and see a Neil Diamond tribute movie two ten minutes. The great Hugh Jackman's in it, Austraining Icon, the.
Speaker 8: Greatest show Man movies. Like we've done that before, the three of us. So we just all go if the times kind of merry up and just we did talk.
Speaker 2: About as a kind of third way, but that was Avatar. I can't get any excitement about a cartoon seahorse.
Speaker 1: You know he's that's just this movie.
Speaker 9: No one wants to say.
Speaker 2: Someone say, email been saying, Christian, what I favorite sports movies? Okay, Off the top of my head, I'd have Senna and when we were Kings would be in the top four, Rocky would be Yeah, Rocky the First Rockie is a is a brilliant, brilliant movie and also there's a great documentary. Alex, you might have seen this Hoop Dreams. Yeah, yes, in my top four, top five, definitely cool.
Speaker 9: Runnings for Me clean number one, John Candy, what about?
Speaker 1: Have you seen Ball Durham? No that cost one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah cool running Any Given Sunday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Any Given Sunday is a great movie. Sorry, No, has one great scene. It's cheesy, the halftime speech. Yes, little Alpucino, Tiny little Alpacino trying to motivate massive men.
Speaker 1: Just one edge, Well I have you?
Speaker 2: Oh well yeah, I don't know who that was.
Speaker 1: It's not Alpucino. All right, Alex? What's it for you?
Speaker 2: Things that make you go gur out of nowhere when you least expected a sudden QR code request on your TV? Look what is that about? Yeah? You're right. The other thing is trying one of the worst modern hell's is trying to type out your email address using the remote control. Hey, I when we need you?
Speaker 1: Where are you?
Speaker 9: Is it? Because I've been watching other channels and their assets.
Speaker 2: It's cheating behind its back. It takes soword you and then you don't know how do we get it to go back? Yes, that one, I think it. What's holding.
Speaker 1: Start again? Even being a dance.
Speaker 2: Things that make me go girl watching the stupid robot vacuum clean and gets stuck, not pick up dirt, change direction halfway through the hallway, bump repeatedly into the same wall. You get the picture. So almost have to get off my lazy button to the vacuuming myself problems. We've got one of these things and it's meant to do a mop when it feels like it. It's very sporadic and all it does basically, it's slight, the equivalent when your dog drags it's filthy backside over your carpet.
Speaker 1: It smears muck down a corridor. I think, I'm brilliant. I'm glad I pay for this.
Speaker 2: I then have to mop after it smears, and only smears half the hallway, so the other half is bone dry and filthy. And it's just got like this clean streak and I can't work out what's it doing?
Speaker 1: Is it screwing with me? I have the machines one.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Things that make you go gir Jess christianizing mad when my robot vacuum rufus come dock on his home plate constantly lines up straight, then completely messes or drives straight over the top without staying in the right place.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're giving him?
Speaker 2: A man's name, He is eight years old and on his second battery, Christian, this comes to moreen, this is good Christian town Pats to get the cript sized bin liners for herself and take the other one to the op shop. They will find use for them, no way, mauring, thank you very much. That also good morning to Sarah Brand. Perfect surname. By the way, a couple of people in the UK sent me an email of the same guy. You know, we're obsessing a show about nominative determinism, where the theory is is a proper theory that someone's name can influence their job their job. This guy was rescued someone off a mountain last week in the UK. His name Cliff Climber.
Speaker 9: Incredible.
Speaker 2: Wow, come on, this is fake sure up, we have to get into it this week. And look, Sarah Brand is a brand manager for I Robot. Oh Christian, let me send the new robot vat Combo seven O five.
Speaker 1: That won't me your flaws or touch your carpet.
Speaker 2: Let me know your studio address, Sarah brand I will indeed twenty twenty six is already looking on all right. Coming up next dearly listen, lend me your ears in five minutes time.
Speaker 1: What is this? It's a mission, an invitation and the biggest trust full in the world.
Speaker 2: Wow, this show's first mission is coming up in five minutes time. Australia, be ready.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: If you're listening to me right now in Brisbane, fingers Cross, you listen to us right now in Sydney, Oh Alana Trumble hopefully's still with us here in Melbourne, New Friends in Adelaide Perth represents.
Speaker 1: I have our first mission of the year.
Speaker 2: We are one breakfast show, five cities live every single day. There's an exercise that's called a trust full. You might have done this at school. You know when you meant to fall back with your eyes closed and trust for the people around you. I've got you what we're about to attempt. It's Australia's biggest ever trust for five cities. One challenge, one cabanner. Now we gave away these Christian o'connells show branded cabanas on Friday, and it's in the show's history seven and a half years, the most in demand thing we've ever given away all weekends.
Speaker 1: Please can we have one?
Speaker 2: It's ok one At two am this morning, I was center two am. I'm going to send from this show. Josh is going to fly up to Brisbane with one of our cabaners, where one of our listeners up there will receive a cabanner. Then the challenge is cabanner around Australia due to the general sink kindness of our listeners. Can we get it from Brisbane to Sydney, Sydney to Melbourne, Melbourne to Adelaide and then the really big one across another bore that same cabaner all the way over to.
Speaker 9: Bath Just to get this straight, we're in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Josh is going to fly it up tomorrow one cabaner. I guess it's a carry on the other way. He's got to fly up with it tomorrow. He's going to hand it over to one of our listeners, maybe they're on the Gold Coast, and then it's up to them and us on air asking people to try and pick that cabaner up. Maybe they get it to I don't Maybe they can make it to Coffs Harbor and then is there anyone who is going near Coffs Harbor that can get it to Sydney and then Sydney towards us in Melbourne. Now it might be that only sometimes we're only going to gain.
Speaker 1: A couple of cas. Hey, it all counts, It all counts. So get ready for the Cabanathon. It's a good name, long weekend, that's what.
Speaker 2: They used that time for Rio thinking about one cabaner around Australia. All I need from you is to write new lyrics to Proclaimers five hundred miles. It's about five thousand cas perfect. It's easy, have already done. But the biggest thing we don't eat right now is for the first leg, we need a receiver.
Speaker 1: The first receiver up on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 2: Maybe in Brisbane listening to the show right now on DAB plus, or you're just around the Gold Coast. Josh will be flying up tomorrow or Thursday with only one thing on.
Speaker 1: Him, a cabana.
Speaker 9: How do you get a cabana? I don't know. He's plain not on? Carry on?
Speaker 2: Is it carry on.
Speaker 1: It's they're huge, No way participating.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? It's it's more than the seven k's allotted.
Speaker 6: It is carry on because I have taken a cabana, one of our cabana's on a plane, have you, Yes, I have the cost actually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it fits in that locker.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't get really mad, don't they when you see with something slightly larger. I don't get really angry at people.
Speaker 6: It was really awkward walking onto the plane with my bag, the kabana.
Speaker 2: Because they're big, oversized things, aren't they like skiks huge?
Speaker 7: As I was walking through.
Speaker 1: The seats, you're going to start whacking people.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, sorry, sorry, You're going to start hitting faces, nailbows, We're going to lose listeners.
Speaker 6: But it can be done, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So we just need our first receiver to receive the cabanner and then they're in charge with their holding it until somebody can meet them in the next couple of days and start to make progress with it. So we're looking forward to go from Brisbane, Sydney, Sydney to Melbourne, Melbourne to Adelaide, Adelaide to Perth.
Speaker 1: Now this might take a couple of weeks. Yeah, easily.
Speaker 2: However, that's why it's a big trustful will the listeners do this? Will they move this one legendary cabanner around this big country?
Speaker 1: All right? So lines are open now if you want to take part in.
Speaker 3: This The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So our first mission of the year, one breakfast show, five cities. These beach cabanners though we have that. Ever everybody wants one, can you transport one of them around Australia.
Speaker 1: So we're looking to flight up. Josh from the show.
Speaker 2: Will fly it with a cabana, hand it too, hopefully one of our listeners in Brisbane around the Gold Coast. They then will hold it temporarily until someone can meet them and begin the first leg from Brisbane down towards well maybe even if we're lucky, all the way to.
Speaker 9: Sydney like the Olympic Tour.
Speaker 2: Yes, by a cabana, and then the second leg Sydney to Melbourne, third leg Melbourne to Adelaide, fourth leg the really big one, just a couple of thousand k's between Adelaide and Perth across another board.
Speaker 1: People are always driving it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, let's go for dry nip over there for the weekend. So that is the challenge. Can you hap us out? First of all? What do we need? Check you Canada's over the next couple of weeks. Any of you doing some moving around into state? Do you mind if you take something for us? Hey, Josh, we gonna get you pat this bag yourself. A radio show asks me to move this cabaner?
Speaker 1: All right, okay, can you step aside? Pleads to this room.
Speaker 2: Were also what we need.
Speaker 1: We've got to have some kind a GPS tracker on it.
Speaker 9: Oh yes, otherwise yeah, people could run off with you.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, and they would one hundred and sixty it's worth one hundred and sixty dollars. We'll have to get special travel assurance.
Speaker 4: That's what it's a trustful Like you said, we're really trusting you to not steal our goods.
Speaker 1: Now Jazz is on the line, Jazz, Good morning, welcome to the show. Good morning, Christian Now Jazz.
Speaker 2: Whereabouts in Australia are you, my friend?
Speaker 10: I am on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 1: Are you willing to receive the cabaner?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Get in.
Speaker 1: Every mission starts with the first astronaut, as they say, they always say, as well known.
Speaker 2: All right, So Josh from this show will fly up to you tomorrow or Thursday with the cabana and then are you okay to hold it for a day or two until someone can meet you and you hand it over to them and they will get it towards Sydney. Absolutely, Thank you very much, Chas, thank you so much for taking part in this. Now let's go to Rowena now, good morning Rowena. Yes, yes, now, Rowena, you might better help out the cabanathon.
Speaker 5: Absolutely okay.
Speaker 2: So what are you doing over the next couple of days. I understand you're on the way to the airport right now.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm just about to call into the Blue a new car park.
Speaker 2: So I'm flying to Brisbane this morning, going to see my brother, see my friends, is upstage walking and thirsty, my sisters, and then driving back to Sydney. Driving back to Sydney, are you okay to meet Jazz of the next couple of days pick up a cabana and dry that also with yourself to Sydney. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It should be able to pick it up in the next two or three days.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, first leg is already play.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to do that. Have us safe flight. Let's go to Wendy. Now, good morning Wendy. Christian.
Speaker 13: I am more than happy to help, but I do have a little problem.
Speaker 1: What's the problem.
Speaker 13: My problem is I can only do it on one day.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 13: When that day I am flying from Melbourne to Adelaide on the twenty first of February for my mother in law's ninetieth birthday, and I have to give it to someone in Adelaide on that day because I fly back that night.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I can help this out. So let's pencil you win for that one, and then if we get anyone sooner, then you're don't have to do it. But what I will give you as well, I'll give you a kebana for yourself and also one for the mother in law to because those ninety year olds they've got to look after themselves in shade. They do, they do.
Speaker 13: Indeed, that'll be awesome.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much, Wendy, Thank you very much. See already this is starting to come together. If you can help, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show go on podcast.
Speaker 1: Can you help us transport one?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show Cabaner literally around this great southern land. It's a test in week two of this national show. We're gonna fly Josh on the show up Thursday to the Gold Coast. We have already she called the show ten minutes ago. Almost immediately Jazz is ready to receive the Cabaner. Then somebody needs to get it from Jazz. At the moment, Rowena might be able to do that Thursday or Friday pretty quickly drive it to Sydney. We then need to get in from Sydney to Melbourne, to Melbourne to Adelaide, Adelaide over to Perth. Peter Christian, I'm listening to show right now in Sydney. Welcome to the show. Peter Marshall. Are be in Perth the first to the ninth of feb to receive the cabana great.
Speaker 1: I hope I can help Shelley.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'm gonna be I'm going from Adelaide to Port Augusta, where the trip across the nullable begins on Friday, the sixth of February, leaving Adelaide. This is so specific. Now we're gonna have to get a calendar up tomorrow around two PM on the six.
Speaker 1: Does that help?
Speaker 2: I think I think we.
Speaker 9: Can build the organizer show. How are we going to organize?
Speaker 2: Get here? Compartitor for or Governor Chris and my husband and son are listen show right now.
Speaker 1: They've called me.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be driving Farmers Sydney to Melbourne next week.
Speaker 1: My son is a trumpeter.
Speaker 2: Okay, well maybe he can do some sort of fanfare as it's being picked up and then dropped off. Yes, thank you very much everyone, all right. Normally on a Monday we do the miss hurd lyrics. We weren't here yesterday and I don't know how much you love you miss h lyrics. We're doing it right now. It's just another Miss Herdman day.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's miss hurd lyrics to miss hurd lyrics, you send them in. We playing the mac House.
Speaker 2: We're playing the Mac if we agree with what you think you're mishearing in the song, if we can't hear it.
Speaker 1: And for the really great ones Indence Hall of Favor.
Speaker 2: Last week too, Hall of Famous listener Andrew had Lady Gaga ar tat to Zeke to the Garda nerveden. Michael had big energy Latto trying to rock that mic like Kerry O'Keefe.
Speaker 1: Trying to right.
Speaker 2: They might like karaoke, all right, Brad brand New Ones, Sarah Griggs, the screaming jets better original line, the moment hurt us all?
Speaker 1: Or is it the Mormon hurt us all?
Speaker 2: He's going, I heard your bad mouthing them. Natalie and you listener in Sydney, welcome Natalie to the show. Blaze of Glory, bon Jovie. I've got an old coat for a pillow.
Speaker 9: I've gone an old good for Phil.
Speaker 2: Is that actually?
Speaker 1: John's got an old goat? This is using it?
Speaker 2: Bless him. He's down out in his luck. He's sleeping on a goat. I've gone an old good for It's more goat than coat. It's got a whole goat for a pillow.
Speaker 1: I've gone an old good for a pill Well done.
Speaker 2: Sarah brook Smith has got Christina Perry jar of hearts, collecting your jar of hearts, collecting your jars. Now, sometimes some of these, you know, people must hear them, and they're a little bit mature, immature, And my job here is more or less as a music journalist. Really, I'm just passing on the truth Brook is hearing it as collecting your jar of farts, collecting your jar.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: I wish it was. I don't think I'm not. I can't believe I'm saying this line. Bete a microphone around Australia right now. I'm not hearing farts.
Speaker 3: Collecting your jar.
Speaker 2: Doesn't hit the No, it's too soft, Yes, collecting your jar?
Speaker 1: Sorry broke.
Speaker 2: Nicola Edgar's got skin deep the stranglers better watch out for the skin deep or is it a load of drunk year twelves? Better watch out for the schoolies. That's a great one. Watch out for the schoolies. Nicola a very good and you know we love slip Slipknot and Gold probably one of the most played artists.
Speaker 1: And then Slipknop.
Speaker 2: Scott Ferguson has been cranking a slipknop and they got a song called the Heretic Anthem. They would have a song called the Heretic Anthem? What's it like to be a heretic? Or is it what's it like to be a hairy chick? What's it like?
Speaker 1: It's there? He's just saying it so phreletically. What's it like to be a hairy chick.
Speaker 2: Let's just take it easy, mate, I answer the question, but yes, Scottie instance Hall of favor. As always, when you mishear your lyrics, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au and you can be on next week's right Now, roll out, roll up, off to the a Oh, the Australian Open. It is our final week. Every single day this week you win your way to the Australian Open, and you're off too.
Speaker 1: This weekend's finals at the al.
Speaker 9: There's a mission to complete.
Speaker 10: Da It's time to get your battle sea yea, amazing prizes to be found.
Speaker 2: Dats are around oh thanks to Chemists Warehouse.
Speaker 1: Visit Chemi's warehouse.
Speaker 2: That the tennis this week for your health and when honors products. All right, participating Queen of Battle seats, Where seats win prizes? Where are the lucky winning seats today?
Speaker 1: We've got some.
Speaker 2: We got big prizes, finals tickets and also what ourself for grabs.
Speaker 6: We also have a five hundred dollars Uber Eats voucher and a five hundred dollars MasterCard voucher.
Speaker 2: Really great prizes all right.
Speaker 1: So the winning sections and rows.
Speaker 6: So section number four today. We're in the lower very close to the court. You'd want to be sitting there tonight for the demon or game. And you are looking at row h.
Speaker 7: Q and E.
Speaker 2: Oh so much information coming at me right now, h.
Speaker 6: Q, E correct a mundo.
Speaker 2: How do you get on? You went Saturday, didn't you? I asked Kelly before the show, how was it? And she goes, oh, we saw it and Italian battalions Italian Oh, I'd have to look it up.
Speaker 1: She was there for five hours watching this Italian plate. Now what there is name? It's a green big boards everywhere.
Speaker 9: No mussetti boken in Venice.
Speaker 1: Or at the Australian Open. All right, they're winning sections are okay?
Speaker 7: So section four row, h Q and E.
Speaker 1: All right, call in now, good luck.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Every single show this week, big prize is to win thanks to the Australian Open.
Speaker 10: At the there's a mission to complete. It's time to dig your battle seats. Amazing prizes to be foundts all around.
Speaker 2: Battle seats is how you win your big prizes under the seats. We have some big prizes today producicating Queen of battle seats.
Speaker 1: What are the winning prizes today, please all right.
Speaker 6: The winning prizes are a pair of tickets to the men's finals, huge flights in a colm if you are from interstate, if you are from Melbourne, you just get accommodation and tickets, which is also.
Speaker 2: For this hike. You know.
Speaker 6: Then also we have a five hundred dollars Uber Eats voucher and a five hundred dollar master card.
Speaker 1: Incredible prizes. Let's give them away now.
Speaker 2: Up first, playing today on Battle Seats, we have Catherine.
Speaker 1: Good morning Catherine, Oh, good.
Speaker 10: Morning, Christian.
Speaker 13: I'm calling from Melbourne. How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 2: Have you had a lovely long weekend? Now where do you think the winning seat is?
Speaker 1: Good luck, Catherine.
Speaker 13: So I'm going to pitch myself is the Queen of the AO and go qu nineteen please.
Speaker 1: You nineteen Q nineteen. Let's see what's there. I'm living the seat up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you have won a five hundred dollars Uber Eat voucher. If you like, rather discover rebranded than muvery Thank you, enjoy, have a big dinner on us. Well played. Have a lovely week Catherine. Here do you go to now?
Speaker 1: Judy, come on down, Judy, audience give it to.
Speaker 9: You, Judy.
Speaker 1: Where about your calling from? Good morning Judy in Sydney. Readly and welcome to the show. And what is your breakfast? Thank you? What is your lucky number? Let's have a look unders, let's try E one E one, let's lifted up.
Speaker 2: You've won a five hundred dollars master card voucher.
Speaker 13: Oh wow, awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh no no it's not the it's not the final stickets, but it's still a good prize. It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Judy, well played, have a lovely week. Thanks for giving the show ago. Let's get one more on now, Broun.
Speaker 10: Yeah, hi, Chrisian.
Speaker 2: Bron Okay, let's see if there's a prize for you under one the seats at the Australian Open. What is the lucky seat for you?
Speaker 13: BRONI again, I'm such a tragic. I've loved it and Mary yesterday was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been some incredible tennis. All right, they see if we can win you tickets, you are off to the men's final, Bron Tragic.
Speaker 1: No more, that's it.
Speaker 2: We're going to fly you over this weekend, put you up in a hotel and then you're off this Sunday to the men's final.
Speaker 1: Well done, bron Oh well.
Speaker 5: Thanks Christian, loving your show.
Speaker 2: From It's fantastic, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Give us a cool Monday. Let us know what it was like. Well done, Broun.
Speaker 2: All right, we are back with more chances tomorrow morning on the show News and Sport.
Speaker 1: Come on next. You cut her off, didn't you. I thought she just left me hanging, just left me hang.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Up for grabs on the time waste this morning you went three mates off to gold class.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: Apparently really it's well to pajama day. That's most days here in this country. A little bit lax on the sartorial elegance. Happy to be.
Speaker 1: Living here amongst you, though I will have one of your passports.
Speaker 2: This is of no surprise to any of us.
Speaker 1: Australians lead the way.
Speaker 2: Is this something to be proud of? In comfortable office square habits. Number one Business Insider survey has found Australians have the highest percentage highest percentage of office workers that wear thongs in the world, and shorts and baseball caps to work.
Speaker 12: Our sound engineer Alexy is in thongs today because he burnt the tops of his feet, as he's got bright red feet and he's walking around in thongs.
Speaker 1: I've done that before.
Speaker 2: It's agony. You forget about putting it there.
Speaker 1: Done all right?
Speaker 2: So today and while pajama day, we're looking for your comfy movies. Make a movie comfortable, all shankra damp shint all.
Speaker 1: Let's snuggle down, my good friend.
Speaker 2: A hand do you do for?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Do you put your form the floor? No? No, no, you put your when you're when you're resting.
Speaker 2: You put it on A No. I don't think we'll have to say that anymore. You, of all people, it hurts your people. That does A man called ottoman. Now the hurt locker that's not comfortable, but a well organized wardrobe. The shirt locker, oh so much rubbish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, preserbedly. The dark Knight reclines.
Speaker 2: Ron All right, then I've got another backup one that if that one didn't work.
Speaker 1: The inclinable hole is too big to get.
Speaker 2: The controls to recline, because he's.
Speaker 9: I got it, I got it.
Speaker 2: It's too big, I know, bloody control.
Speaker 1: I can't recline and Nappenheimer go to He's too big. The inclinable. He can't recline jack his arms anyway.
Speaker 9: What have you got a snug life?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Basically no effort with that and a long weekend. Shameful to come back that bit light handed there minus bronze.
Speaker 4: Plush hour, plush hour plush.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blush is a good word, isn't it plush? Snazzy Pantsy loves the word snazzy. I no, no, I don't like that one. Why it sounds to me it's a rude word in the UK? Oh, No, really bad. It's like you can't say that on the radio every time you say stop.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that's a lot of what I say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. Actually what actually got their rio?
Speaker 9: Boys and a hoodie?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's good.
Speaker 9: God and Master and Commando.
Speaker 2: No comfortable for only one person.
Speaker 9: Comfortable.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, it's to Christian O'Connell show. Just coming up to five to nine. Time wasted today You can win tickets you and three mates go to Gold Class make a movie Comfortable? Is today's time waste? Australia?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Are you ready to mark their's I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll ask you to make a movie comfortable. No bras for old men. Gold Wind in the Pillows, that's really good. Sonia Op and fire, a nice roaring open fire, lovely silver plas on.
Speaker 1: Two Dude, where's my snug.
Speaker 9: Stupid? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you remember those? I haven't seen that word for years.
Speaker 2: Even I was like, what mean? Harry Potter and the Philosopher's dressing gown bronze? Yeah, Tango and cashmere go, well done. Sue Born in Christian Fifo Troy here listening in Perth. I can be the receiver in Perth for the Cavana amaze and then take it underground the mine where he works.
Speaker 1: Just take it down there.
Speaker 2: But I'm down there for a smoke code.
Speaker 1: We don't need one underground, very sheltered down there.
Speaker 2: Stewart's got dressing gown ups, not grown ups dressing American beauty sleep silver plus, I don't cay Indiana Jones on the last bean bag Bronze, first bronze here from Paul and cooee rab not.
Speaker 1: The last time still with us? The man with the golden thongs?
Speaker 2: What on Frederick about a lazy boy? Silver plasm Josh School of Croc go Oh, that's very Tracy were and well done. The man in the Iron exfoliating mask. They keep coming up on my feet.
Speaker 9: I don't like that's gold.
Speaker 2: That's from Mark Webber. Well done everywhere, aren't they. The Hills have eye Masks silver plus, Mister Beanbag silver do no Darko gold, Well done, Sam Day, The Devil wears Trackies silver Air Force onesie oh silver plus. Yeah, well done, Johnny Okay, who's the winner today?
Speaker 1: Best in Show?
Speaker 10: The men in the Iron Exfoliating Mask, Mark Webber.
Speaker 2: Mark Whoeber, You're today's win A well done ware are back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Have a great day. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast