Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 1: Catch up podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh we just meant to speak at the same time.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Jinx let me think O. Good luck for the next three years.
Speaker 4: The shoulders are looking so good. Really, yeah, you look jacked for a second. For a second thing excited?
Speaker 2: The fuck I have been?
Speaker 1: Have I been doing anything with my arms? No?
Speaker 2: No, you've been surfing to roll a lady.
Speaker 3: Yes, so none of these use my arms except for the surfing anyway, I said the sort of say, welcome to the Flexing Frooms podcast.
Speaker 1: I have been.
Speaker 3: I was docked a few weeks ago about not cleaning my water bottle. So everyone who said I'm dirty eat me?
Speaker 2: Okay for me?
Speaker 4: My ass dos like she's not obsessed with the fact that I'm always documenting her everything within her loves to be the apple.
Speaker 2: Of my eye. She's obsessed. Yes, sam Sammy, you tag me.
Speaker 4: So the doxing of the water bottle is just us trying to do some market reads sch on what is normal and not normal.
Speaker 2: We're not a good judge of character for that.
Speaker 1: Why I am I always the festy one.
Speaker 3: Nobody knows that I'm actually really clean when I want to be That is an outdated narrative.
Speaker 2: Just you wait, and that is a twenty eighteen narrative. Bait, that's a twenty eighteen narrative.
Speaker 3: One day you're gonna come over to my house and you're gonna be like, well, she was hiding this along. She's a neat freak, she's a queen, she's a boss, she's a really good cook, she's a WiFi.
Speaker 2: Rocky disagrees.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're going to do the whole like year spring clean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just to impress Flex.
Speaker 3: You know what, you guys are both going to be eating your words and then I'm gonna Jason good, All right.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Rooms on Caita. I.
Speaker 4: Like most people watch a lot of TV. No, I wouldn't say I watch it every day, but if I'm going too, I'm going to binge the whole season. And a couple of weeks ago, we had an interview with Kitlyn Stacey, who is one of the leads in the new Amazon Prime show Class Verse seven. And if the interview is amazing, you can listen to it on Flex and Rooms. The podcast maybe get good wherever you get good podcasts, but we did that interview. I watched episode, I went back to watch the whole season, and if you're not across it, it's about The synopsis on Google says a title wave hits as a group of women celebrate their ten year reunion from an all girls' school. The former students must find a way to survive on the island tip of their high school campus. So what that sounds like is I don't know, Lost or World WARZ or the Walking Dead. But it's so much more than that, because as you begin to watch this show, you realize that the apocalypse is second to the interpersonal drama that happens when you don't process anything from being an adolescent. And when I was watching the show, I was really prepared for them to show us their survival skills and you know, how are they going to cook? And how are they going to shower? And you know, how are they going to what happens when they're on the period? And that was so secondary to the fact that watching these relationships that had essentially been dormant for ten years be re juvenated, and not in a way that was adult or mature or progressive. They'd all regressed into their adolescent selves because none of them had gotten over the trauma they experienced in high school, and they were all under the impression that time and time alone would would be enough to make it better. And so imagine you're in the literal apocalypse. The whole world has flooded. Right from what you can understand, You're on the top of the hill. The whole world has flooded. It's just you and these ten other girls, and you don't want to eat dinner with another girl because in high school.
Speaker 2: She bullied you.
Speaker 4: And it's like you're currently experiencing a life or death scenario, and yet the trauma of what you experienced in your most formative years is taking precedent. I couldn't deal And it reminded me of this interview I was watching with this I would say, he's a philosopher, doctor Gabor Marte, and he was talking a lot. He talks a lot about healing and the myth of healing and how a lot of us think that time is what's going to heal us from friendship breakups and you know, romantic breakups or hence relationships with our parents, or really embarrassing things that we've been through, we're just waiting to get over it.
Speaker 2: And what ends up happening is that we don't actually get over it.
Speaker 4: We just shift our focus, or we suppress, or we repress, or we tell ourselves stories to make us more comfortable with what we've experienced. And he says time gives you the time and space required to heal. You know, the more time you give yourself to get over something, the more likely is you actually get over it. And this idea that if you just repress it you'll feel better, what ends up happening is that you reach a boiling point where you're no longer in control of how it affects you, and now you become destabilized in a very vulnerable place and with no discernible tools to get out of it. So it's a big wake up call because I know a lot of us go through stuff that we feel like we don't have the room to talk about because it happened when we were young, or it was just like not a big deal, or everyone we talk to about it makes us feel like it's not important. But if you feel like something's bothering you, you have a personal responsibility to your to fix it, because like it's you and you and your brain and your body that has to deal with it, nobody else. And often people don't want you to confront your own stuff because in some way it impacts the people around you. Like if I've got to hold my friend from ten years accountable for a conversation that we have, that ruins their day.
Speaker 2: They don't want to deal with that. If I have to.
Speaker 4: Go back and tell uh and it, like tell a staff member that they made me feel uncomfortable, will that ruins their day?
Speaker 2: They don't want to deal with that. But do you have to deal with it alone?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: So what do you do?
Speaker 2: Go to therapy, pape? I don't know, learn how to think for yourself?
Speaker 4: That's number one the question, Like I think the big thing when it comes to to what do you do ask yourself? I think that people externalize personal issues way too much, and the Internet made everyone too comfortable with that. Some things you need to figure out on your own, because what happens is when you seek advice from other people, you end up creating a storyline that or you end up creating a lifestyle where you can own only grow as a person if somebody else feeds into you and sometimes you gotta wa water yourself, you know, otherwise you'll be barren great which it's difficult to do. You know what's difficult to do winged liner.
Speaker 1: And yet I'm doing it with these period with flex.
Speaker 2: And firmes Flex and firms Flex and fromes cater never miss a beat.
Speaker 3: Here on the Flex and Froome show, We're party do without what you will? Are we going to clubs? Are we going to restaurants? Are we going to parties? It's for us to know and for you to decide. Hopefully we give off the impression that we're a good time. Would you agree, Hopefully I just see a certain event, like on our phone in the corner, turning the age that I am now redacted. I think a lot of people that I know have been going through a second wind of partying. So obviously, when you're eighteen, you start going out to the clubs, you start popping it. Then you go through a retractive period, refractory period. If we're going to take it there, I would say twenty four to twenty six. You're just like cooling the jets a little bit, getting into what it's like to be an adult with a fully functioning wage et cetera. Then you hear twenty seven, twenty seven and a half twenty eight, and what happens.
Speaker 1: The party goblin re.
Speaker 3: Emerges, the demon, extra zest and pizzazz. Funny things happen, and it turns out I'm not the only one who has observed this phenomenon. This is a tea took from at Underscore Underscore mull.
Speaker 5: No one talks about that second wave of your party era that happens in like your mid to late twenties, like you will put your twenty one twenty two year old self to absolute shame. It's like, as a unit, we all collectively just start pregaming our thirties, Like you learn your limits. You have more money to spend while going out. It makes it way more dangerous.
Speaker 1: I see the vision here, and I feel like for a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people, going out for all hours feels extra exciting because you're like, I'm old for this. This is not my usual thing. Like I'm getting down with it, Da da da da, I'm getting down As I said that, like my eyes roll back in my head like the inner person because you're black out.
Speaker 2: We're getting down with that. No no, no, no no, Na.
Speaker 4: And your direct Quesfore, I would hope that you know, at the Flex and Room show, we party, we go out.
Speaker 5: We got.
Speaker 3: I'm look as we know, I have a boom deep inside my body which comes out when we discuss things like partying.
Speaker 1: But this is very exciting.
Speaker 3: So if you're twenty seven, twenty eight and you're thinking, oh my god, I'm partying again.
Speaker 2: It gets better.
Speaker 3: Everyone had not hot continue enjoying your life.
Speaker 1: You know you're only you only live once, yollow.
Speaker 2: You can't pass for twenty four anymore. We're getting anything you age yourself.
Speaker 1: That was really scary.
Speaker 2: You do a pole that really I think they're gonna say thirty one.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 4: That's good Flex and Frooms, same stuff you always loved, with a twist because Shiver's regal has graced us with this amazing set that you could see if you followed us on Instagram at Flex and Rooms.
Speaker 2: Now, for me, I want to give you an opportunity to talk about yourself as if I need one.
Speaker 4: I don't do it often, but I'm opening up the stage to share.
Speaker 2: It with you equally.
Speaker 4: No, I think that it would be nice to know how you got to this point here. Twenty five words or less, Where did you start and where are you now?
Speaker 3: I would say that I got to where I am now by doing what I do today, which is beat myself. No I started, I'd say, my first big break into the job that I wanted that I'd always wanted since I was a kid, because I've wanted to do this since I was a little baby, do what talk and be photographed and filmed. To be perfectly honest, I really wanted to be a getaway host. I see that, but I was kind of like the generation too late. I did a viral video as an intern, and then that video was picked up by my favorite publication and I went for a job. There was above my pay grade, I would say, and above my skill set.
Speaker 1: Don't give that away. At the time, I was twenty.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, give it that away.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, But I took it and I stayed there for four and a half years, and I became a presenter and a producer.
Speaker 1: I learned how to cut videos. One would say, the face of it was bandied about. I was in the show real I did present.
Speaker 3: The show reel of the company before a sensational excerpt, but always with class intact as.
Speaker 2: Per naturally and pre viral video. What was the career path? What have we done?
Speaker 3: It's giving university? I studied communication, okay, naturally, any comment on that? And yes, so I what kind of jobs do you have at Uni? I worked at Lulu Lemon as the what was the term? It was like not egot but something of that, Oh dofie. So you'd stand at the front of the store and they'd call you the dofie, which I'm legal, and they would call.
Speaker 1: You director of first Impressions.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I know, I'm hooked. So I was the Dophie for quite a few years at Lulu Lemon, and that helped hone my people's skills, which you see on camera here in the set. And I also worked in a cayyard. As we speak about a lot.
Speaker 4: It's not an interview, though you got the job, I actually worked as the dophie, so the director of first impression. It's not good like.
Speaker 1: That's definitely why I went through my CEO stint.
Speaker 3: Obviously, the term dophie was a big inspiration for me, both comedy wise and also as a real person.
Speaker 2: Sounds empowering.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you if there are any common misconceptions about your success.
Speaker 2: Do people ever think you're an neppo baby?
Speaker 3: No. I think any assumption that you make about what I was given is probably correct form being perfectly honest, and that's fine.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem fine for me.
Speaker 4: Quite tech.
Speaker 3: ME just haven't really hinda on the fact that I worked in Kaya for six months.
Speaker 2: I had. I did my bit. You don't understand. I was in there at my dad's place of work. But I had to work hard.
Speaker 4: For that job, and I wasn't very good at it. But I showed up every other day.
Speaker 3: Three sales in six months, which is that surely a record because selling cartent is difficult.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't know, because when I was upsold cartin they made me feel so special and so empowered. I was like, I need to pay the extra three point two k for what?
Speaker 3: And I gotta say, Diddley squat my girl.
Speaker 1: But what about you?
Speaker 3: What are the common misconceptions of your rise to fame and success?
Speaker 1: Flex mummy.
Speaker 4: I just think that people similar to my predecessors Beyonce, Rihana, those in the lane, people just think it happened quickly and it's been ten years. It's a long time to do anything. I wasn't planning to work ten years of my whole life. You see your parents and they work for thirty years, like get a hobby, babe, get off that, but yourself and they're still doing it. They're still in the office. I would say, yeah, people thought it happened overnight. And I would say, I have a lot of different job titles. We can rattle them off.
Speaker 3: We don't need to, shall I try? Award winning author, best selling the best selling author, award winning podcaster. Yeah, multiple podcasts, both made personally and then paid for. Radio host designer, Yeah, made very successful card games, multiple things, sold, your own a factory.
Speaker 1: You have employees.
Speaker 3: That's probably the most impressive thing that I think people don't realize is that you have a whole team.
Speaker 4: But the point is a lot of stuff has happened. And I would say the biggest misconception is that I'm just an influencer, which I don't mind. But if I didn't have to do the other stuff, I wouldn't have Yeah, I see, because I don't like to work hard.
Speaker 2: I just have a good work ethic. And that's on that.
Speaker 1: Can I get a who wrong?
Speaker 4: Flix?
Speaker 2: Who wrong?
Speaker 1: This flex and frooms I'm kater.
Speaker 3: Believe it or not, there happens to be a climate emergency occurring on the Earth. I know what you're thinking. I want to bury my head in the sand. Unfortunately some of us don't have that option. Take your mind back now to when the climate activists will really poppin'. They were throwing soup at works of art, they were painting over works of art, they were chaining themselves to trees. My personal favorite story was the woman who stopped traffic on Sydney Harborbridge. What an iconic moment. Some would say it was dangerous, others would say it's warranted. But I think she did what every protester wants to do, which is to make noise and make a statement.
Speaker 1: What happened to her.
Speaker 3: Her name is Diana Violet Coco, and she was sent to prison for a minimum of eight months after pleading guilty to seven charges, which include authorized explosive not as prescribed, possessing a bright light distress signal in a public place, and interfering with the safe operation of a bridge. So basically, she just blocked a lane of traffic in the bridge in protest of.
Speaker 1: The climate emergency.
Speaker 3: Turns out that just recently, a few weeks ago, her eight month imprisonment sentence has been overturned roundo a buse, round of a bless This is a very exciting development. Someone actually DM me this. I think because I spoke about her once on the show. I think it's exciting that it's overturned for her because her heart was in the right place. She was doing it for all of us, and she did what a lot of protesters want to do, which is make noise, so she made her point. I would love to hear how she's going. I heard that she broke down in court when this came about, obviously from excitement of not having to go to jail. So hopefully we see some changes. Literally not going to be holding my breath, you could have some hope in this sixth sad world.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 3: For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.