Speaker 1: Hihart podcasts, he More Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Well, Laura, it is that time of year again where Australia has the version of the Oscars.
Speaker 3: It is Gold Logi nomination time.
Speaker 2: The nominations have come out and do you know what, the women.
Speaker 3: Are absolutely cleaning up. There's only one bloke.
Speaker 2: I think Hamish Blake is not surprising. I know. I mean he's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be in literally died.
Speaker 1: There's going to be one male who makes it into the Logi nomination who direct.
Speaker 3: It's going to be Hamish Blake.
Speaker 2: But there's so many incredible women that have been nominated, but one I'm very excited about TV Legend, TV veteran.
Speaker 3: I was in the jungle with her.
Speaker 2: She has hosted I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here eleven times. She has been nominated for a Gold Logi four times and for some reason, is yet to win. We're going to try and change that. Julia Morris, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Well, I couldn't be more thrilled to be here with you two glorious humans. Julia.
Speaker 1: We are hard on the campaign trail for you this year. We are so behind you. I thought you were a shoeing last year. But this year it is twenty twenty five. It is the year of Julia Morris.
Speaker 4: Surely it's the year of the old mile.
Speaker 5: You just got to get involved. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Everyone's saying, what's the campaigning going to be? Like, I'm like, no, I can barely like feed compass for the pick up and drop off.
Speaker 5: I do not know I'm up campaigning.
Speaker 4: You feel like a knucklehead campaigning. So I'm like, oh, a friend of mine and I just as a coincidentally, we're sort of winging about how can we don't you know? I was winging she's not in television. I was like, hey, can I keep sort of missing out on bits and pieces? I know I am hosting one of the biggest shows in the country, so it seems a bit disingenuous, But I'm always, you know, looking for like, what's the next thing going to be? How do I broaden out, you know, just to earn money to.
Speaker 5: Only pay the August Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean you all know, as a matter of time, everybody loves the sound of slapping. When I released the Double d's, it sounds like you're read off cob affest, and that's another story altogether.
Speaker 5: I have been like a complete maniac.
Speaker 4: So the thought of now going into some weird self promotion thing, my maid and I I said to her, right, let's make a chat show in the backyard, I said, My backyard's epic. Let's make a chat show. The first episode it's literally it's mostly out of the back of our heads.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's so funny.
Speaker 4: It just accidentally turned into a little mini internet sitcom. And it's just a couple of people who have no idea what they're doing, and it's beyond hilarious. We've even't been doing parkour.
Speaker 3: Do you talk in my language?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I do sporadic park or two? Julia?
Speaker 1: Sorry, do we think that this is going to shift the dial on the votes? Are you just having a good time in between? Like we've got to get the votes as welleridental?
Speaker 4: Well, the thing is, I thought, Well, what will end up happening is if my audience that followed me on all my bits and pieces are chill with me not ramming the logs down their throat. And so I'm hoping just the fact that I have put some effort into making some thing while a massive life is swirling around us all at all times.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon it's going to be the biggest competition this year? I mean, do you look at that and figure sit there going, oh they did this and they did that.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely deep down because you're like, you know, you would love to take it.
Speaker 5: I would love to be in history.
Speaker 4: As one of those names. It is a tremendous honor. I was talking to someone recently who was in House Husbands with me, one of the ladies, and we'll say, did you think we'd still be hustling at this age?
Speaker 3: It doesn't end he's right now.
Speaker 4: Seeing as of other industries have moved on to either be CEO or CFO or special you know whatever fo and so you know, but in the entertainment industry, everybody hustling. We're still hustling.
Speaker 3: You know what, I think.
Speaker 2: I think you've got a I think you've got a little secret weapon right at your disposal.
Speaker 3: We've seen Robert Irwin take his shirt off. We see him. Everyone loves him. He's your partner in crime.
Speaker 2: Get him amongst it, Like, I don't think it's we think to get m borrow and plead and if that means stealing your shirt to get him on your campaign trail again.
Speaker 5: I think you got to do it.
Speaker 4: I had to start processing at the beginning of his sentence because I was just like, oh, do I need to get out of the yundies?
Speaker 5: Hang on, get the snake out.
Speaker 4: I thought I'd seen enough snake so I've got no business with them.
Speaker 5: And yeah, maybe I'm.
Speaker 4: In the andies in the front yard on the astro tur You could.
Speaker 3: Do it together.
Speaker 1: We don't discriminate.
Speaker 4: You guys are having a very parallel experience at the moment because he's about to start shooting Dancing with the Stars in the US.
Speaker 3: And actually, Sonya, Sonya's up for a Logi's World's You're up against some cud.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. That was the other great pleasure about it yesterday. And when you're saying, like you do do you eye up the competition? I mean we're all laughy you what six women nominated? One man takes it?
Speaker 5: Stop?
Speaker 4: Alsomi like please please nobody vote for me? And I was like, mate, you know, get your games on. None of us want to handed it to us. Isn't it tell you every single person on that stage, if they talk it, you go worthy winner?
Speaker 5: Though, yeah, a worthy winner.
Speaker 1: Yes, Julia, we are and so so have your back on this. We can't wait to see you up there on stage.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness. Well, let me tell you the speech would be unbridled because rather a feeling, the vibe as would have worn off like hours.
Speaker 5: Before, so I would be and so the hi t I get very scared of. You know, around that five to eleven at night, You're like, oh, that's mummy switching hour. That and that's when you're that's when you're well is to vote just for that, to see it.
Speaker 4: I'll be like level, Yeah, I've even told my haters. I'm like, from what I've observed with the Gold Logi, you sort of then go and disappear not long after that. So you're like, well, here's the thing. If you hate me, you can make me go away by giving me this goal LOGI.
Speaker 1: There's both sides of you can vote. Now, go and vote for Julia Morris to win the Gold Logi at the TV week Logos everyone, it's a TV week logis dot com don au