Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Yesterday, in the show, we were talking about how NASA has a guy with a really amazing chop, but he is their chief sniffer, a nasal nought. He actually does sniffer anything before it goes into the spaceship.
Speaker 2: They call it spaceship. Some I sound like a ten year I think adults say words, you know when they're in the press.
Speaker 1: The spaceships up into a space shuttle. Shuttle, yeah, space shuttle. He sniffs everything before it goes in there. George, and we're playing this from a not many talku mention about him, and we didn't know that they're allowed to take a little bag of personal items with them.
Speaker 3: The astronauts are actually allowed to have a small bag of personal belongings that usually includes things like a Bible or family photos. We have an astronaut that wanted to build a ship and a bottle, and so we were looking for different types of glues. Everybody knows how that is that, you know, it just it reeks a order.
Speaker 1: I get why someone wants something to do up there, because it strikes me is boring as hell.
Speaker 4: The novelty you would wear off in the first couple of days. Then think a day. I don't think even to day. Once you've taken a couple of selfies' that with that big old view and planet Earth background, what are we going to do? Upside upside downright?
Speaker 2: And it floats up and stuff like that?
Speaker 1: You're done now, I wonder you need a hobby up there to do something. So today we're gonna imagine. Then you're allowed to take three things up there, right, a personal item and don't worry about the size something, a personal item that you really want to take up there, a movie, and a snack jack.
Speaker 2: What's it for you?
Speaker 4: Okay, so I've gone through the bottom killer as well. I'm taking my chest board as my personal item.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea.
Speaker 4: Actually hours of fun to whiddle away, hopefully.
Speaker 2: So just hours whittled away about the fun.
Speaker 4: Hopefully one of my fellow astronauts can play chess or else I'll teach them how to play.
Speaker 2: What happened to the pieces? Would they space chess?
Speaker 4: Good point?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Some kind of vlcro chess. I'm sure that I can figure that out.
Speaker 2: I used to have a travel chest set that had magnetic pieces.
Speaker 4: No, there you go, magnets would work work well as well. For my movie, I'm going to take my favorite comedy of all time, Old School.
Speaker 2: Yes, Evince Fawn of Will Ferrell. Will Ferrell will keep you entertained up there.
Speaker 4: Probably the movie I've rewatched the most, and I think there's still plenty of It's a proper classic. And the snack I assume I'm eating all the powdered bits and pieces of the astronauts eat as well. But if I'm going to take my own.
Speaker 1: The attention you put into this, yes, you can assume that, because it's fantasy.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have the chocolate caramel moose from Dominoes. I used to think chocolate mood from Nando's was the number one chocolate moved. Chocolate caramel mood from Dominoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the turos they do as well. I really haven't. Oh my god, Oh it's a Friday night treat, Patsy. What's it for you? And you can't squish your kid up there?
Speaker 5: No, but the next best thing, that's.
Speaker 2: Because there's a big sign up there.
Speaker 5: I'd take it everywhere if I could. If I could get like a preteen sized backpack to carry her around.
Speaker 2: To break you.
Speaker 1: I don't wait to be around a couple of years time, Patsy. Let's just revisit there when they become teenagers.
Speaker 5: Well, a photo album wouldn't be enough, so I thought, the next best thing is an actual piece of body. So I could take you know how I've got her umbilical cord or her baby teeth. I could take either.
Speaker 2: Monkey old dry dusty umbilical.
Speaker 5: Cord, perfectly natural.
Speaker 2: Victims.
Speaker 5: Next best thing better than a photo or a favorite teddy. For a movie, I would have to go the wedding Singer. Watched it again last weekend.
Speaker 2: It's still good.
Speaker 5: It's bad that the music love it, love it. And for a snack, I couldn't go past barbecue shapes like the original traditional ones, not the new thing.
Speaker 1: I hope the Shapes Corporation listening right now. Would it kill them to put a little moist towel let in there that you can wipe off the shapes dust.
Speaker 2: Nobody.
Speaker 1: You don't get everything licked up. You get some stuff that balls up on there and it creates that residue tang, and you all do that wipe. Don't you wipe your back of your legs or something. You can't do that with this space. So you've got those big old gloves. You have the shapes up there, all right, So you're allowed a personal item, a movie, and a snack to take into space.
Speaker 2: What are you bringing up, Christian Connell Show podcast. I thought you would have gone with a guitar.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yep, but.
Speaker 2: It's any one with a chessboard.
Speaker 1: My personal item, I would bring a notepad and pen.
Speaker 2: Am I allowed that as one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, then I could write it's not going to do much on the ton no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just for a thumb much as my thumb there and ink.
Speaker 4: But what are you going to write about?
Speaker 2: I'd find something his next book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just write diary, bloody boring booklough do more experiments. Press again to Jack wants to play chess again.
Speaker 4: I love the idea that we're all up there together.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I got a note, pan and pan. Uh. Then I take for my movies. I take a small thumb drive with a couple of movies.
Speaker 4: As you said this last time, I said, I know he's gonna knew.
Speaker 2: This means me ill a thumb drive that will hide up my buttholes.
Speaker 1: Basically one movie Elf Goodfellas got their Heat, Midnight Run Paddington too, when Harry met Sally City slickuors.
Speaker 5: You're off the spaceship, Yes, pick one.
Speaker 2: And then a snack.
Speaker 1: I would go with a I'd also go with a chocolate moose. Any chocolate moose just has to be a chocolate moose. I did a fresh one every day, so I take up a year supply. Again, it's with that thumb drive, and you would properly makes me sick with.
Speaker 2: Leaking down anything.
Speaker 1: Anytimes I asked me to pick a favorite movie or just an album, I'd find that I'd have to bring up my entire vinyl collections.
Speaker 4: Well, when we were going to do albums as well, I thought you'd bring a whole kit.
Speaker 1: A record library up there, a separate pod, you know, like one of those U Hawks were just my junk.
Speaker 2: I'm a hoarder, all right, Janelle, good morning, get a Christian?
Speaker 5: Here are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? So you allowed three things to take up into space. Okay, listen carefully, just three, all right, play properly. A personal item, a movie and a snack. What are you taking up, Janelle?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: For a start, my snack would be my partner's bolinas lovely.
Speaker 2: Does he do anything different with the recipe.
Speaker 4: Or he puts a couple of different special items in the and he doesn't tell me.
Speaker 1: What they are.
Speaker 4: But it's absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 1: I made one the other day and I thought I'd get fancy with it. I put a load of sweet baby rays barbecue sauce. That would be young No no, if you.
Speaker 2: Make it taste a like basically pasta with a taco bix. A lot of complaints in the family. That ISoP. We know you love that. It doesn't tomato sauce. It was foul, all right?
Speaker 1: So we got the spag ball with personal items in What else is going my.
Speaker 4: Other personal item?
Speaker 1: I would really like to take my partner up in the space, but that's probably not allowed.
Speaker 2: I thought, I can't take you. You can't tell your other half up there, But I'll take my dog instead. I can then take him for a walk up there's going to walk. Yeah, that what you're doing with this? Poops as well? They've done about three times a day. Dogs. Were you chucking all that out there? Space? Poop?
Speaker 1: It come back down to work and it would have transforund to turn meteorite.
Speaker 2: Knock someone on the head.
Speaker 4: So what's the last thing in the movie.
Speaker 2: And the movie I can't think of what it is? That the one with Tom Hanks and has.
Speaker 1: This might be one of my favorite courses quite a Well, you're one with Tom Hanks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's only that one that Tom Hanks called. That Tom Hanks.
Speaker 4: Movie was more clues.
Speaker 2: What is it the one where he's a little boy?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's the one where he's on an island.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: Can you come on once a week and do the Tom Hanks quist where you describe another Hanksy movie?
Speaker 2: Castaway would be so miserable watching, wouldn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I absolutely love it?
Speaker 2: And that jog and that spag bar with random objects chugged in.
Speaker 4: You really love the movie that you can't name.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to send you prize because this has been an outstanding conversation and call thank.
Speaker 4: You, thank you.
Speaker 1: Take care now all right? Ninety four one four one four three? What three things would you take into space? If you listen slant, you might be thinking what he went now and pets partners? You suppose this is my fault, a personal item, a move at the snack. Don't worry if you can't even recognize the movie we're trying and guess which one you want.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's Show podcast