Speaker 1: Welcome to a Very Outspoken Christmas. It's that time of year to crank Mariah carry in the car and begin your Christmas shopping. Our names are Amy Kate and Sophie Torba. We're identical triplets and during the festive season, we have an identical opinion Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. In this special series, we're discussing all things Christmas with help from some influential Australians.
Speaker 2: For you Glan cal call you go Glan cl Clone. And when Santa squeezes fat white ass down that Jimmy Day, He's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to episode four of A Very Outspoken Christmas. Today, we are so excited to be joined by influencer and businesswoman at Georgie Stevenson. We really wanted to have Georgie on the show because we thought it was important to share the story of someone who hasn't grown up with a traditional Christmas. But before we get into the chat with Georgie, Sophie, you've got some really exciting news regarding your tree. What's a bit of a shit gameful announcement. I feel I did succumb to temptation and I did buy a bow some Hill Christmas tree in the early Black Friday sales. I love it because Kate and I have literally been telling everybody about the purchase because it was a rather expensive one. It was so funny. I was at Dale's Poppy's house the other day and I showed him your Christmas tree. He was very, very impressed, and Dale decided to ask him how much he thought it was. He sweetly replied that he thought it was one hundred dollars, but he wouldn't pay that much for it. Can I just say I don't spend a lot of money during the year. I would say I don't drink, I don't go out on crazy nights out. I try and limit the amount of clothes. I've been very good this year. I've been very frugal, So this is my one splurge of the year. I've loved it. Next day, you've been frugal, Yeah, like you. You had to pay double rent this year. It's not been a cheap year for you. But I'm not Look, I'm not shaming you over the Christmas tree investment. It's an investment I'm going to have this thing for ten years. I paid one hundred and forty dollars for her real Christmas tree, which is going to go in the in a few weeks time. I didn't even feel bad about that. Can I just say, I feel like there's a new trend that's starting. People talk about people shaming each other for different things. Christmas tree shaming is a real thing at the moment. What do you mean if your Christmas tree is shit or if your Christmas tree is too expensive? No, I feel like, you know, me spending one hundred and forty dollars in a real Christmas tree, I feel like people will shame me because they think that that's too much. And the same with your balsome heel tree. I actually I'm very disappointed because I have told everyone don't go and tell anyone, like Brandon is on strict instructions not to tell his parents how much the tree was. And it's funny because when people don't know, they're very complimentary to us. Oh it's a beautiful tree. I'm taken back how good it bloody looks. And I was very jealous when we're putting it up, it's so soft like this is not an ad for about some hills. The most glorious thing was it actually came with gloves in the box, two sets of gloves. It's an absolute wank fast. You put these gloves on so you can fan the branches out, and oh my god. Like I hate our mum and Dad's fake tree like it is. I've talked about it before. It is painful put decorations on. This one was exquisite. It's so funny because tonight we're actually going to mum and Dad's house to put their Christmas tree up, and Dad was so cute. He sent through a photo of the tree ready to go, and it looks so shit in comparison to Sophie's tree. I've got to say, Sophie, after seeing your tree, I did feel very tempted to purchase one, but that has all changed since Kate and I went down to the Christmas tree farm with our mum over the weekend. The smell when you walked in it was just Christmas. I think the best bit was we realized it was the first time we'd ever actually gone to get a tree with mum because she normally stays at home and Dad is the one that takes us to go get the Christmas tree, and she was being so cute. We drove in and she was like, wow, it smells so beautiful. And then when we got the tree and we were driving home, she's like, gosh, that was just so easy. I have to admit I was feeling a little bit sad when I saw that Steph Claire Smith and Kira Maguire both had real trees. I had a bit of envy going on and thought, have I made the right decision. What I loved about Steph was that it was so boogie because she got the tree delivered to her doorstep on December first, and it was almost as if she'd forgotten that it was meant to be arriving. Yeah, but you can do that. You can actually pay them. I think it's fifty dollars and they drop it off and twenty five dollars and they also take it away. So there's really no excuse not to have a real tree. I have to say that I might be slightly biased, but I do feel like my Christmas tree holds the decorations. But oh definitely, it actually looks amazing. I do love the inm built lights. I think that's the best part of it. I really feel like this year we've got to have a competition because now that we've all got slightly different trees, I feel like it makes it more interesting. So Kate's not getting her tree until the fourteenth of December, it might even be like the fifteenth or sixteenth. Well, I think we're gonna have to take drastic measures into our own hands, and it's gonna have to be a competition between Amy and my tree. No, I want to be involved. Why can't the competition be later? It needs to be now. Unfortunately you've just missed out. Well maybe you could be between Amy and mine and then the winner takes on your tree. Look, I think this is unfair that I can't be involved in the competition. Well, you don't have a tree. Talking about competitions, did anyone see that photo of l Darby and her partner con and they're gorgeous puppies. Oh my god, this photo is an epic Christmas photo. This is one that could go on a Christmas card and I really want to replicate it. Yeah, well, we're going to put the photo in our Facebook community group and also probably on our Instagram account. Have a look at it. Because we're going to try and reconstruct it and we want you to vote who did it best. Well's basically them in Christmas theme pajamas in front of the tree, the dog sitting perfectly. I think I had this in the bag because Archie poses like no other dog I've ever seen before. Look, I'm not really worried about the dogs. I'm more worried about people's boyfriends.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I know Reese is going to kick up a fuss if he has to be in the photo. Maybe just photoshop his face into it. Can everyone else get into it and recreate it with their boyfriends? Because I'd love to see other people's boyfriends dragged into this audi. Yes, I want to start a thread see who can do the best under the Christmas tree photo? Can I ask a question? Because they've got their two dogs, so obviously I'm going to include my two cats, Gigi and Bentley. Should it also include the bunnies? I've got two bunny rabbits? Mmm, that might be a bit challenging. Look, if it's a competition, yes, because you're not going to get a shot. Finally, I really want to recommend an amazing Christmas podcast that's just come out It is Sam Magnan's Christmas Special now. He launched the first episode yesterday and it is hilarious and I'm looking forward to the three episodes to come for anyone who wants to look it up. His podcast is called Literally Nobody Cares and it is just hilarious. People who actually have a sense of humor, which I feel like our listeners do, should go and check it out.
Speaker 2: Well, blake my head? How can I forget and have a replaced because every time Catherine read up the microwave that pissed my pants and forget who I was for half hour or so.
Speaker 1: Officially, Georgie, welcome to a very outspoken Christmas. We're really really excited to have you on the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. I'm really excited. We've just had a long conversation off air. We thought it was time to start, so I'm really excited. And yeah, thanks for inviting me on your Christmas special. It does. It feels interesting, which I'm sure we'll get into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's going to be a very interesting chat. But firstly, we just wanted to say we're so sorry to hear the really sad news about you're and Tim's miscarriage, and we just wanted to say we think it has been so amazing of you to shed light on this because it's something a lot of women go through. We just want to just find out how you're going and what the feedback has been from people who have heard your story.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate that it's happened quite recently and it has been a very hard time for us, you know it, Like I was saying two guys off there, it did feel like a bit of a miracle baby baby and then for it to be taken away for super cruel. But I did speak out about it because it is it happens so often, like one in four pregnancies and a miscarriage, And like I kind of explained on my platform, I'm not just going to show up and you know, talk about all my most positive things in life and then not share when I have hardships. I think it's kind of important to be transparent and authentic on that sort of side of things. So I did share the news and I had such an overwhelming response of just love and support and honestly, like it is, it is like a weird not a weird, but it is like a taboo, you know subject and is I get it, like women who don't want to speak about it, Oh my god, I get it. It is so sensitive and it can feel like you can have these feelings of like feeling a bit ashamed, and you know, as women, our bodies, that's what they're supposed to do, so when you have a miscarriage, it does have this weird sort of sense around it. But it was very important to me because when I did share, I felt so much less alone because you know, I had DMS messages of just people telling me their stories and what they went through, and quite a few people were like, I really appreciate you speaking out about it because I recently had a miscarriage and hadn't really told anyone and now I had, and I feel so much, you know, support, And I think for me, if anything, I like, I wouldn't have been able to show up on my social media's and I am someone who does show up, you know, on Instagram it's every single day, and stories on YouTube it's weekly, and I wouldn't have been able to show up without you crying and being upset. So I just showed up as is, and I think people kind of they just they appreciate when you are honest and real, and yeah, it's something that happens, and it's really bloody sad and it's really hot, and I'm not gonna cry because it's all good. I have kind of had a bitter piece of it and you know, done a lot of process, but yeah, I really I appreciate those thoughts.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for sharing that with us. And it makes me feel so sad hearing you're getting upset, And I can imagine it would be such a hard time because Christmas is meant to be that time where everyone's celebrating and being in a happy mood, and to find out such devastating news, obviously there's no good time to hear that. But I'm just so sorry that you're having to go through this, and I really hope you're okay.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, yeah, I do appreciate it. I know we're like we had plans to kind of like tell our whole family, do a bit of a reveal on Christmas Day, and you know, all that sort of thing. But yeah, look, it's it's not meant to be and it's all going to happen in the perfect timing, but Yeah, I really appreciate it, and I'm just sending so much love to anyone else going through something similar. It is very hard, but yeah we're strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so lovely, and I'm sure a lot of people do feel, you know, softble emfitted to hear that. Just segueing into Christmas and a lot of people probably don't know this, but you've had a very different Christmas time growing up being a Jehovah's Witness. What was it like growing up and not being able to celebrate Christmas?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is quite interesting because a couple of Christmases ago, like I think I was blogging on YouTube and someone said something about us not having a Christmas tree, and I just simply explained, oh, I used to be a Jehoah's Witness growing up and we never did the Christmas tree thing, so we just kind of have never done it. And then I realized how shocked everyone and they was like, what, So, yeah, I was a Jehovah's Witness. I think I maybe it was around four when and it was just my mom, not my dad, so my bit my dad was obviously very supportive, and so it was around four when my mom started or joined whatever your ought to call it. And then we stopped about I think maybe I was fourteen, so it was a good ten years. It's really interesting because I honestly didn't know any better. So I have no memories of a Christmas, you know, growing up, or traditions or anything like that. So I guess it's the whole what you don't have, you don't know. So I never felt like, you know, I went without and we did these we had these days called present days where we would just get a whole bunch of presents, so basically Christmas and quite close to you know, whatever days. And because it was just my mum, like we weren't, you know, crazy about it or anything, and so I yeah, I just kind of didn't know any better. But my extended family used to celebrate, so we would go to different things, so like I knew of Christmas, but it's just like, wasn't something in my life. I don't know.
Speaker 1: For those who don't know, because I didn't know this until I did a google before we spoke to you. But why is it that Jehovah's witness don't celebrate Christmas? Because this was actually news to me. That sounds very eager world, Sophie is by her asking you that question, I feel like other people might be in the same boat.
Speaker 2: Not no, no, I didn't know for so long too, like even during I didn't know in it. It's something I asked my mum, like only a couple of years ago, and I'm not gonna lie still, I don't really understand it. But if it's something like Jehovah's Witness believes that Jehovah, which is God, he they don't believe that he was actually like and they don't celebrate Easter either, so they don't believe in Christmas and Easter because they call it pagan festivals, and they just don't believe that that had anything to do with God. And then also they believe something like he directly told people not to celebrate his birthday or something. So like, I'm not actually completely clear. Is that what came out that.
Speaker 1: It was along those We're probably going to have some Jehovah's Witness contact. I was telling unswers, Well, one of my friends is a Jehovah switching Oh yeah, one of my work colleagues. So it's actually good to know because I wasn't actually sure either. It does actually remind me. I was watching your for a bit of research, watching your Christmas flog of the first time you put up your Christmas tree with Tim, and I loved your conversation in the car about hang on, why do you even put a Christmas tree up? And like, to be honest, I was watching it and thinking, hang on, why did we put up?
Speaker 2: I know it is interesting because I used to ask my mom, like when we were to have this witness, like why were people doing these traditions and whatnot? And that's kind of the answer I got was just like these like weird things that didn't, you know, make a change to me because we didn't have those.
Speaker 1: Traditions we're talking about sort of weird traditions. I'd love to know what your mum told you about Santa Claus, because did you think that he was real or what did you think? But who did you think he was? Really?
Speaker 2: Yes, so straight off the bat, I was told he wasn't real. Oh, I know, this is what I'm talking about. I never had a Christmas where I thought Santa was real, where I thought I was getting presents like, nothing like that. And most people, like they feel a bit sad for me because I you know, never had it. I don't know the alternative, but yeah, so I was just told from a young age that you know, other kids believe in Santa, and so you know, Mum said, you know, don't say anything to other kids, but he's not real and it's just something they do, really and that who brings the presents.
Speaker 1: And I was like, okay, so did you did you actually follow your mom and did you not tell kids or were you kind of that girl at school that was like, oh, he's not real. Guys, Like, why was up?
Speaker 2: Honestly, like, I can't even remember, but I would not be surprised if I did that, because that just like sounds like me being a little bit che kid for sure.
Speaker 1: So how did you actually spend Christmas Day? Was that the day you did get or your present that you were talking about, or did you just have a chilled out day with your family?
Speaker 2: Just a chill day. So we always used to see family, and still like if we had extended family who were all together, we would always go over and see them and you know, have the Christmas food and do the family side of things. But it's just like on Christmas morning, there was no tree, there was no presence or anything like that. So I was still included in a lot of Christmas traditions through other families. And I do remember just spending it like almost just like it being family time, like a family get together. That's all I kind of remember of those times. But we never used to get presents on Christmas Day. It was always like before or after.
Speaker 1: Did you ever watch any Christmas movies and think like, oh, I wish I could be celebrating this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, don't get me wrong. I was like, and we say this, but I'm a sibling of three older brothers, so four kids, and we always say to mom, we're like you deprived. Us gets really upset. But one hundred percent I was that kid who was like, Mom, I want to celebrate Christmas like I always you know, like imagine being a kid and not celebrating Christmas. Of course I wanted to, but I guess like I kind of just didn't think too much about it. But I still, you know, watched all the movies and watched The Grinch and all that sort of thing. But it is just like I'm I'm missing a bit of that kind of tradition and connection, and it is something like me and Tim spoke about that when we had kids, that we would start our own traditions and almost like this clean slate where it's like, well we get to, you know, do all our traditions ourselves and make it up. And so I really enjoyed that idea.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, do you have a friend that has become a Christian mentor, because I think we'd wanting to volunteer ourselves because we love to help with Christmas cheers, spreading it, being Christmas obsessed people. So if you do ever need some ideas of some traditions, you know who to come to.
Speaker 2: So, no, I don't have a Christmas event, I would love that. I'm not gonna lie like I would love to hear from you guys. It's like it's for obvious reasons why I don't get it, But I don't get the Christmas cheer and the Christmas spirit and all that sort of thing, like can you talk to.
Speaker 1: Me, Gosh, don't worry, it's not just you, because like my boyfriend, he's been celebrating Christmas like since he was born, but he still doesn't get it, Like he doesn't get why Sophie Amy and I just get so excited.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: For me, it's like this feeling that you get and like even just different things evoke different memories, like the smell of the Christmas tree, and for me, it's just this feeling. You can't explain what about you. So it was really our grandma who made it so special, Like everything was a tradition. So we'd always go out with our dad and get a real Christmas tree, then we'd go and drop one off to our grandma help them decorate. I think it was just that end of the year when everything exciting was happening and family time. It was just a magical time where there were so many different activities on and I suppose we were all big believers in Father Christmas, so I think the fact that there was this magical man sending presents and you know, you just had the best day. But you know what, I don't think it was so much the presence that was always just like we loved when our dad would put Christmas lights up or yeah, I do think it maybe is that tradition based and it was the end of the year school holiday, and so you can see it would be so hard for you because if you don't have those traditions to begin with, and you don't have those memories to come back. So what Georgie and Tim are going to have to do is they're going to have to start getting a real Christmas tree to familiarize yourself with the seen. You're going to have to start putting Christmas lights up.
Speaker 2: You've got to.
Speaker 1: Find someone in your neighborhood to have a competition against as well, because you've got to have the best Christmas lights and the best Christmas tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh well, I am perfect perfect.
Speaker 1: So now that you do celebrate Christmas, what does your typical Christmas Day look like?
Speaker 2: So it was only last year, and I do remember I put a vlogout about this, So it was only last year. And also because when after like you know, when you're fourteen, you're kind of you're over the kind of childhood stage. So and all my brothers are older. So when we were fourteen and we stopped being Jehovah's witness, there was kind of no point to start Christmas traditions because I believe it's kind of more like you grow up doing it. So we just never got a tree or anything like that. And then when we moved out of home, like to be completely honest, like I was in university and we just meant him never thought to do it because it just seemed like it costs money. It does, do you know. We were saving for our first house or we were living in a little apartment with like other people, and so we just we never did the Christmas thing. And then we recently bought a house and it's like, you know, it feels like our family house, and me and Tim were like, let's do the Christmas thing. And we had decided that Christmas was going to be at our house for the first time, and so we were like, let's buy Christmas tree, like, let's do it all properly. So it was only last year and it was the first time we bought a Christmas tree. We decorated. I think it was on like the first of December. I think we did it, or it was the Sunday before the first or whatever. And so we did that and we did a tree and that was really fun, Like I really enjoyed that, and I cannot wait to do that with my kids, and I definitely want to do I've seen people do this thing where each year the kids like pick out their own ornament and they get to put like a new ornament on the tree per year, so that's something little that I want to do. And then on Christmas Day we have always just you know, in saying that, like when you guys were talking about the Christmas spirits, I do get it from the family side. I'm My family's very family orientated and I really I love that aspect. So it's definitely just like every single Christmas, we usually do breakfast with my family and then lunch with Tim's family, all together, good food, and you know, dress up the house and you get dressed up and you see everyone, you have some drinks, and yeah, I definitely get it, and it is a really nice day and I'm definitely excited to like have more traditions in the future. That's kind of it so far.
Speaker 1: But oh that sounds perfect. And I've got to say your tree looked amazing last year. I loved the white decorations that looked very classy. So you're you're definitely doing very well. You get out to approval. Can I make a suggestion for you though, if you are looking for a tradition something I've been doing. I don't know if you've seen them, but at Maya. They and also online they sell the Limax Christmas like little villages, so you can buy little houses. I've got what is it called, we had a big fight, I've got a candy shop and so it's got little gingerbread men who were making candy for children. And there's obviously some classier ones as well, but I could see that going quite well, like the tradition, you buy one each year and slowly grow the Christmas stales. They fout garish, but they're actually really really like lovely looking.
Speaker 2: No. I like the sound of that. Like I like the sound of like also adding to it, and that's what we kind of said, like we're not going to just like go balls to the walls start and kind of slowly add every single Yeah, so yeah, thank you. I definitely I'll look at it. And also, do you guys do like that elf thing?
Speaker 1: Elf on a shelf? See, that's kind of too new for us. I feel we tried, which we're supposed to be doing it this year. That's he just reminded me. We bought a little one and we were going to put it in different places. We'll start doing that in December. I feel like that's a good one though for kids, because they seem to really get hooked on the elf on the shelf. But yeah, I don't think it was a thing when we were younger. One of our friends he did one for his kids, and the funniest scene he set the elf up up in was with a whole bunch of Barbie dolls. So he made it look like he'd had this kind of wild night with like ten Barbie dolls, so just so really appropriate for his children.
Speaker 2: He loved it. That'sfinitely something I would do well.
Speaker 1: Moving onto Christmas food, and I did see a vlog from a little a few years ago where you spoke about sort of anxiety people have about eating a lot of food around the Christmas time. Do you have any advice that people can follow if they are feeling like that.
Speaker 2: So I come from a background of I guess you could have you would call me like a fitness influencer. And I come from a background of being very hardcore with dieting and wanting to look a certain way. So I remember having a lot of anxiety around you know, even just family get togethers and then Christmas time, and it is something like I personally have worked through and I'm now an intuitive eater, so I don't kind of worry about that sort of thing. But if you are someone who does get anxious around food, I think the first thing is just like realizing that it's so important. Like food isn't just to feed your body, but you know, with your family and that sort of environment, it's really important to see it for what it is, which is it's family orientated. It's nothing, you know, really to do the food. And I used to sometimes get a bit lost in the of the food rather than the bigger picture of I'm spending time with my family. So that's kind of like just something to think about. And also just it's really important, like don't try like if you have a big Christmas meal, like don't try and out exercise that or anything like literally just enjoy it, like enjoy it and be like that was delicious. You know, that was so well deserves. Like you said, Christmas time is like it's a winding down of the year, which and bloody twenty twenty has been. It's been a hard year, hasn't it. And so it's like give yourself grace, be klind to yourself, don't even don't even think that way, don't over exercise. And then it's just simple things like if you are going to a family something and you you know, you don't necessarily like the food or the way they cook it is bring a dish that you like that you know is cooked in the way that you like it, or you know a certain salad you like, or you know, something like that. Also like don't do the whole you know, skipping breakfast, not eating so you can eat a bigger lunch, and something like that, like no, just eat normal, enjoy your Christmas food is meant to be enjoyed. It's a couple of days a year, and I think it's really important to see it for what it is, which it's you know, it's just beautiful, beautiful celebration, rather than getting anxious about what you're eating.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, I've been trying to watch what I eat and I'm just trying to find healthy alternatives to things. And I've saw your amazing business Naked Harvest. You've got a chocolate moon milk that looks like that's just Christmas all over it. Amy ran in to tell me She's like, it's got magnesium in and apparently Amy's obsessed with magnesium at the moment. Well, sometimes you need a bit of magnesium to get to sleep, don't you, guys.
Speaker 2: Magnesium is like I get it. I get the obpression it is. It's amazing. We all everyone. I heard this like study the other day and it's like everyone in Australia is deficient and magnesium. I'm like, guys, get onto the moon milt.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I've literally been telling everybody this. I've been telling my mom. I'm like, because the pill makes you deficion of magnesium, A lot of people are obviously on the pill when it can drain you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, magnesium is so important, especially what you said for sleep. So yeah, sorry. Moon milk is. It's a product from Naked Harvest, which is my all natural supplement company that I co own with my brother. And so it's just, oh my god, it is our it is our best seller, and it's for good reason. It is the most amazing product. So it's just basically a hot chocolate, but it is filled with like superfoods and adaptations and minerals like magnesium and Ashua ganda and it's basically going to help your body and mind relax and unwined. So it's all natural. So it's not going to like sedate you or anything like that. I'm going to leave you feeling groggy. But especially I feel like you girls might be able to relate. But I have a very busy mind, so you know, even if I shut off work at five pm, I'm still kind of, you know, thinking about different things. I have a couple of moonmilk. I have it hot, I have it with full cream milk, and I love it. It is so chocolate y, it's vegan. It's really good. But if you think about, you know, us always being on fight or flight with you know, our alarms and our phone screens and all that sort of thing, it just puts your body in this really nice state where it's like, okay, it's sleep time, it's relaxed time. I even really enjoy it in the afternoon, a three pm sort of thing. And yeah, that would be a really good hot chocolate alternative. It is, like I can honestly say, it's delicious. I'll have to send some to you, right.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that'd be amazing because I can just imagine sitting down and watching Elf and having some Moon milk like that just sounds well. It's such a cute name I can just imagine, like this time next year, I'm going to open up Amy's pantry and She's just gonna have like twenty boxes. Amy's just obsessed with supplements and health at the moment in a very good way. Like yeah, shame.
Speaker 2: It's really funny because yeah, it's our best seller and it often gets sold out, and then we have a couple of weeks before we can get it in because we're having some issues with shipping in COVID like everyone, and I'll have girls DM me and they're like, Georgia, you need to bring moon milk Moon Milk back because they literally like I can't sleep again and I'm having the worst sleep, and so yeah, it's so funny. And then as soon as it's back in stock, we have orders where people will literally buy five at a time.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's when you can tell you're in your late twenties to early thirties when you like need moon milk to go to sleep. It's like me with my komb butcher. I'm like, I've got to have a kom butcher when I eat my dinner, Like I'm so boring. It's your wine, that's like my wine. Yeah, it's very sad.
Speaker 2: But oh no, one hundred and ten percent. I know, getting older, isn't it fun?
Speaker 1: Do you have any other than moon milk? Do you have any go to foods at Christmas time that you like to eat or that you like to cook.
Speaker 2: I'm a big seafood person, so I love the whole Aussie Christmas where there's a lot of prawns and seafood and that sort of things. So I don't even know, like is that Christmas y?
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely yeh here I was like, did I just make this up? Our grandma had oysters, so yeah, that's and prawns and everyone. Yeah, yeah, and tongue. It's very very aussy Christmas dinner.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, I love that. I love oysters, I love prawns and all that sort of thing. And I think I think because for us, like it's Christmas, it's around a really hot time too, like that sort of food like almost like kind of like fresh, but it's hearty, and I love all the different salads. I love it Christmas how it's like the only time that you have a pick of like five salads.
Speaker 1: That's such a good point. Yeah, we're all vegetarian, so that's really good for us.
Speaker 2: Because it's interesting. Okay, we always.
Speaker 1: Used to have Christmases like because we turned vegetarian when we were fourteen, but then up until we were about twenty four, everyone just always forgot. They're like, oh, you're vegetarian at Christmas time. We're like, we have been for the past ten years. Yeah, I'm going on today.
Speaker 2: What do you guys love at Christmas time? Being vegetarian?
Speaker 1: Well, it's all cats. I eat fish now, so I have for the past two years. But we don't eat fish at Christmas though, No, ye I don't. Well, we normally eat like our mum and dad usually do a roast dinner, so there's always heaps of like roast potatoes and veggies and that sort of thing. Do you do Yorkshire puddings, k Yeah, Yorkshire puddings so yeah, basically the roast without the meat, so it's not actually very exciting. Gratalads and potato bake and all of that kind of stuff as well. My grandma would always do lots of salad, so yeah, there was there was lots of different things we could have. We've actually been discussing we need to bring in I want to do a vegetarian lasagna this Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, how good does that say? There's a place just down the road for me. It's called Govinda's. If you're over the Gold Coast, definitely hit it up. They do the best vegetarian that it's a vegetarian store and they do the best vegetarian lasagna. I'm pretty obsessed. You guys should definitely do that.
Speaker 1: That sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: And what's your favorite Christmas dessert?
Speaker 1: Oh? God, that's a tricky one because it's controversial, but I love Christmas pudding. A lot of people don't like it, but I think it's probably just the traditional thing, like with hot custard and ice cream. I'm gonna get brownie points. My favorite is my Mum's Rocky Road because she'll be listening. She always makes Rocky Road every year. Or a cheesecake Pavlova, you guys, no, you gotta go pavlova. Do you have a favorite dessert, Georgie.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. Pavlova.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so fresh and like, I don't know, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Feel crispy and delicious. Yeah, Jim, Jim's favorite is pavlova. So we always have a big plover with like a whole heap of fruit on top.
Speaker 1: I've gotta say Grandma's trifle as well. I can't believe I forgot that, but our Grandma made an epic trifle that was just you didn't really eat it on Christmas Day. You kind of had it as leftovers, but it was like, I love jelly, so you get like jelly and custard and boger cake and really good. I feel like we could talk about food the whole time, but we'll move on to gifts now. We've spoken in the past about the pressure to get your partner the perfect present. What do you and Tim usually do and do you set a budget at all or do you just kind of go go wild?
Speaker 2: So it has been a little bit different like previous years. I'm trying to think back the last couple of years me and Tim have actually said no Christmas gifts because we were we were saving for various things. I think we're saving for our house, so we're like, let's not do Christmas gifts, and then we I think last year we did it was like the mark was two hundred dollars, so we kind of capped it there for each other and then with family I'm a big gift card person because I like receiving gift cards and then buying my own thing, which I know some people they get really like, oh, it's so insensitive to give a gift card. But I'm like, that's the best gift. It really is.
Speaker 1: It really is, because anything goes spend it in the same.
Speaker 2: Well, that's I'm a big Boxing Day sale girl, so I'm like perfect. Yeah. So we usually it's around the two hundred dollar mark for each other, but in previous years we have just said I'm not gonna lie. I'm totally that girlfriend who was like, we're not doing Christmas presents this year. We're saving. And then on Christmas Day when Tim actually didn't get me a present, I was like, are you serious.
Speaker 1: See that's my fear because my partner and I have just bought a house and we move in on December fourteenth, and we're like, oh, you know, we're spending so much money, maybe we shouldn't do Christmas presents. But I'm like, if I then don't get something for him, you got to. Yeah, this is a This is a hint for Tim and Reese if they listen to this to actually just get a present. Even if you guys say that, Loce does not listen to this, so.
Speaker 2: A hundred percent, like this is like a PSA to any boyfriend your girlfriend says, Oh, just don't get me a present, Like we're not doing presents because you're saving still get.
Speaker 1: Can get a candle?
Speaker 2: How I remember, like I remember feeling like devastated. Do you remember it's so confused because he was like, I'm so confused right now, what is happening?
Speaker 1: Do you remember what you got him? Was it something pretty amazing? Was it just sort of like a token thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it probably wasn't even that good. I think it was like just pajamas or something. So I thought you I was like, I thought you'd get me something small at least, Actually, I.
Speaker 1: Think I don't know if you've seen on Netflix Holiday, it's a kind of crap Christmas movie that's been brought out this year. But there's a scene on there.
Speaker 2: Watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there was a scene on there at the start of the movie when the girl she got him like three pairs of car key pants and he didn't get her anything and she just went off. I'm just imagining that now.
Speaker 2: Literally so funny. But me and Jim had been here for like nine years, so I felt like it was more balid.
Speaker 1: Well, because we're going to be getting into the new year soon. Hope twenty one is a bit better than twenty twenty has been. And you are sort of the guru for goal setting. We'd love to hear what your advice is for people who are setting goals for next year.
Speaker 2: A guru for goal setting, I love so I'm a huge I don't know if you guys have picked this up, but I'm a huge control freak, a huge planner, and I love writing goals. I love, you know, planning things. And I think at the start of the year, it's just got this like fresh energy, a shift in energy. And I'm really really hoping, like I think twenty twenty was different for us. You know, it started with the fires and then it was COVID A lot was happening, so we never really got those like new year vibes. But I'm really hoping twenty twenty one is different, and it does feel a bit like sort of fresh. I guess a big thing for goals, Like I have this whole goal planning strategy and I won't get like two into it. It's a bit crazy. I've fit in depth, but I think you just need to look at it and you need to really think of what is your intention. So I don't like to have this whole list of you know, like nine random things or a lot going on. I really try and sit down, and I'm someone who likes, you know, meditating and journaling and being intuitive in how I'm feeling. And so it's kind of like if you actually sit down and you're like, what is my actual intention for the next couple of months. Am I focusing on, you know, whether you have a business, Am I focusing on my health? Am I focusing on personal relationships? Like, really dig deep into what's important for you, because I think it's so easy for it to be the new year and you to just go, oh, I want to you know, lose ten kilos or run a marathon and do all these random things that's really not you know, heart based for you. But it's kind of just what people do on the New Year. And so I'm not really interested in that sort of thing. I'm very interested in coming things. And really I really talk about this concept of like having these heart desires of something that you really want to do and listening to that and yeah, like I said, like coming from an intention. So even if it's like like, for example, me, I went through a surgery where I had my breast implants removed because I've been having health issues with them. And so my intention for the new year is to really just focus on getting back to feeling myself and health and like not you know, to run a marathon or lose weight or anything like that. So looking at from a perspective and like I've already, I like to also have words at the start of the year. So for me, my three words for twenty twenty one is health, healing, and happiness. And it just so happens that they're all hate. Instead of going and it being very specific, I like to come from that, yeah, that heart space and it being really intentional and it making sense you know, to me or you guys, and it like really making sense rather than just having a goal because you know, you think you have to have a goal, or if it's you know, what Sally's doing or whatnot.
Speaker 1: That's such a good point because sometimes you do feel compelled to be like, yeah, I'm gonna you know, get fit this new year, or I mean mine was meant to be that I'm going to go to bed early. Actually that has kind of happened. We're all notice, I'm just reflecting on the year that's been. But one really positive thing about twenty twenty one is enrollments for your Rise and Conquer online course open. I know it's been hugely successful. Can you tell us a little bit about that, because I think that could be something great that our listeners could get involved in that will help them sort of reach their goals hopefully as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, thank you for mentioning that yet. So that's my Rising Conquer six week online course. It's called the Rising Conquer Project. And it's funny because it really came about because I kind of, like I said, I have my own process with goal setting and achieving things. And I kind of noticed this because I do have a background in I was a lawyer and then I left my corporate job to start my own business and well a couple of businesses, and then that was you know, that's a huge step, and I know a lot of women or people face that. And then there's just been quite a few big things in my life and I've had people being like, you know, how do you know you're ready? How do you know how to go off and start things? And so I kind of backtracked and realized before any sort of end, this even was the same case. Meant recently made a huge change where we used to live in the city and now we have moved to the beach and we've kind of really transformed our lifestyle from like city life to beach life. So that just has been these various things that have happened where people like, you know, like how do you do this? And so I kind of backtracked and realized that I use this formula every time I want to, and I call it like up level, but it's more just like when you have a need and a heart desire to do something new or change something. And I think we can all sort of agree it can be so hard and it can be so daunting, but in reality, honestly, like it's always our limiting beliefs that are holding us back. And so throughout this course, the first thing I do is I teach you this formula, which this kind of six step formula that I do before anything big, and then I also go through these things like limiting beliefs, and I sort of disarm them and we work through there's workbooks and whatnot, and basically I help women kind of just step up and up level to wherever they want to go. It is kind of broad because you know, some people take the course and they start a new business, or just some people like I recently had a girl send me an amazing email and she was just a new mum and she said the course helped her so much just to find herself again, like just to find that sense and clarity of who she was. And so it's just, yeah, it's a formula where you can up level, you can try something new, you can step out of your comfort zone, and we do it with a group, so it is so supportive and oh my god, the energy in this group is just it's yeah, it's contagious and it's electric, and it's it's really amazing. It's completely my passion projects. So I'm really excited. We will be doing an enrollment probably January or February. I haven't got complete details yet, but definitely coming in twenty twenty one. And yeah, we've done two rounds already and just had the most amazing testimonials and reviews, So that's kind of definitely what I'm focusing on. For the new year.
Speaker 1: Well that's so exciting. Well, thank you so much for joining us. I literally could listen to you talk the whole time. I felt so at zen when you were talking. Then I was like, yes, just taking everything. I felt so at peace. You need to do the online course? Yeah, I know, I'm not so motivated after hearing your talk.
Speaker 2: Let's just say so. There's like videos for each module and I talk for like two hours, So I do it. I think we I think the audience can realize Georgie is a chatter. She loves to chat. So I appreciate that because I never know if I'm talking too much. But I guess, you know, you guys are interviewing me, so I went, you're going.
Speaker 1: To sit down enjoy the course with your movie. You know it's no, but it's so relaxing listening to you talk. It honestly is so thank you so much for being on the podcast, and we do hope you have the most amazing Christmas this year. And as we said, we're always here to call on if you do need any advice how to get into the Christmas spirit.
Speaker 2: No, I really appreciate it, and I loved, you know, chatting about my kind of weird Christmas sort of side of things. But I'm I'm really excited to set some more Christmas traditions and you know, like when we have kids to really sort of like like you guys for explaining, to really have that kind of Christmas feel and Christmas spirit too. So yeah, no, I really really appreciate it. Thank you so much for having me on the show.