Speaker 1: Just hoo stood to by a couple of mitches. Hello, yeah, you delease yourself for the rude shocks of young adults.
Speaker 2: You know, I saw aid A Nicodemo in the Westfield the other day when it was Thursday. No, when did I ask.
Speaker 1: No? Mitch Julie and Mitchell coos Hello, yeah, holloah you twenty eight year old? No more mention of the birthday.
Speaker 2: It's funny you mentioned that I don't want to keep dragging out the birthday fortnight now, but we do need to talk about what happened at my birthday dinner at some stage. This is three fucking weeks of birthday Chat now, four episodes in total, twenty.
Speaker 1: Eight You give me no my breakup got one episode. We could look that for a month.
Speaker 2: As if that's true. It came up a lot in the months that followed.
Speaker 1: Oh so now you're shaming me for being emotionally destroyed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's precisely what I was doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, to be the last mention of your birthday. If anyone met you birth or fucking days, I'm gonna blow my load.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Well, how am I gonna say coming up on Wednesday's episode? If I can't say day coming up and wind.
Speaker 1: Coming up on wedness coming up in a couple. Oh fuck, no, that's days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard. It'sn't a talk.
Speaker 1: Hours talking hours in seventy two hours. It sound like a military proper.
Speaker 2: Have you ever?
Speaker 1: Is it just me on the fly?
Speaker 2: Or I know?
Speaker 1: You know how when people talk in it's called something not phonetic, but the alphabet like alpha Bravo, Charlie means abc.
Speaker 2: Oh what's the word for that?
Speaker 1: It's called price, keep a genesis. No doubt you'll be able to google or.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't know the name, but I know what you're talking.
Speaker 2: The alphabet when they say T for tango, Yes, yes, yeah, while we google you do it over the phone time sound clearer?
Speaker 1: Correct? Is it just me on the fly? But are you confident with probably A through E and then anything else is just women's names.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know any of the actual words you meant to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm always like, oh, A for alpha, B for Bravo, and then F for.
Speaker 4: Fiona phonetic phonetic, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Phonetic anyway, I just only know the first few D for delta and then K for Kellogg's crunchy nut.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember once trying to read out my license plate over the phone, and I was trying to do that thing, but I don't know what they're actually meant to be. The phonetic words D for delta whatever, And the only words that sprung to mind were dirty words, because I've got quite the filthy number plate when you think.
Speaker 1: About it, what is your number plate?
Speaker 2: Well, I've shuffled it so that no one can find out in my red joves mart, I've just shuffled it and changed the numbers. But t CV twenty two d. So I'm sitting there on the phone going tick bad twenty two dick, and they're like, I beg your pardon. Well, I didn't want you to get confused, it I.
Speaker 1: Had. I'm getting an MRI next week, just my yearly check up from my KI malformation, my brain condition, and I'd get an MRI every year, and my GP gives clinical notes which is written in just you know, the.
Speaker 2: Middle of the Mr doctor's handwriting.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes it is actually he's eligible though legible, legible, we can read it.
Speaker 2: Right quick staff.
Speaker 1: And now the lady called it. She's like, can you read the clinical notes for me? And it's just so demoralizing. I'm like, yes, headaches and dizziness after running sometimes saw head slight swelling, slight swelling of crany and mentest do you write that, marldly OBEs.
Speaker 2: I remember one time reading you know, if you want to go to the therapist and you want to get the mental health care plan thing from the GPS, it was cheaper a lot of fucking amin. I remember reading like the letters that my GP and therapists were writing back and forth. I don't know if I meant to read it.
Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 2: At some point in the letter it said Mitchell is presenting body image issues, and I was like, I've not mentioned anything about body image.
Speaker 1: That's so one look at me and.
Speaker 2: Goes he can't be happy with that and wrote to my GP, yeah, he's presented with body image issues.
Speaker 1: I was like, which has clearly got a eating disorder?
Speaker 2: You now.
Speaker 3: I love reading those letters to read them always. It's beyond help pretty much just one line, We're.
Speaker 1: All fuck, that's what I took from. Okay, so we're talking about your birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my gym. I'll save it. Okay, specifically, mine is about your speech at my birthday dinner.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, I'll very proud of myself. I think I did very well under the pressure of the impromptu speech.
Speaker 2: We'll see. We'll see you've.
Speaker 1: Recorded it, didn't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm such a pro, and so were you. Actually I just handed you this bloody iPhone voice memo thank you, and you kept it ten centimeters away so you didn't get the pops. I was like, cut, what.
Speaker 3: A pro I had organized, And I'm was like, I.
Speaker 2: Thought of it as it was happening.
Speaker 1: One of your friends was like, we get it. You have a podcast.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, that was me, good one, and she would say it again, actually again, You've always said that to my g is about something that happened to me on the weekend that I thought was long gone.
Speaker 1: Like I thought we ended these things with the days of Ellen. It felt very Ellen degenerous. It happened to me, and I thought, I don't think this actually ever happened to real people.
Speaker 2: What do I associate Ellen with scissoring butch haircuts, some sort of inn ear challenge?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was, yes, really, no, no one plays an any module in my year. Prank Oprah at a bookstore got on Barnes and Noble, and pretend your pants fell down.
Speaker 2: We should do one of those. Actually, that'd be hilarious. I think I reckon Jenna if we did an any challenge with her. We put her in a scenario. She's got one air put in, we're daring her what to say. She'd become so brazen in that moment because she knows that she can't be held responsible. She wouldn't give a fuck if she's embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Did you do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I know it's not me talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That Any technology is very expensive though, so if we're just an AirPod, it'll be right. No, because you don't want them to see you want the tiny one the're using TV. It's like it's small, it's like an eminem or.
Speaker 2: Already, look look at me. I just pop an air put in. Done. She bit her hair over. Jenna's always got a skin type ponytail. You're gonna have to let it flatter in and just pull a bit of it around.
Speaker 1: A slut strand. I remember one I said you had slutstrings and I got a message you were disgusting to Jenna today. Yes, I remember that.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember you saying that because it as he sees it. Jenna looked like a slutshatage she did.
Speaker 1: Anyway, if it's your first time, was welcome to Is it just me? Every episode we start the same with an iGEM, something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Mitch doesn't know mine. I don't know Mitch's there be the rules of the show.
Speaker 2: I've already told you what mine's about my birthday? Do you want me to rip the bandaid off and get this part over and done with? So no more birthday chat, go for it. It's like I was never born.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that would be that'd be awful.
Speaker 2: Fuck you. I saw the eyes darting.
Speaker 1: He's like awful fingers across the under the desk. No, no go hit us?
Speaker 2: All right, Kimy and Bradley? Thanks?
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Was cheery speech at my birthday dinner? A load of bullshit?
Speaker 1: Wow, you really sent me up? I thought, No, I did well, give me a break. I did well. I did not start, I did not mumble. I had laughed. The crowd were going like, okay, it was a pub for God's sake.
Speaker 2: Well that's kind of the problem in me. So our listeners might remember last year for your birthday. I got put on the spot, asked to do a speech at your twenty eight through the fucked US speeches at twenty eight.
Speaker 1: It's very cheery. My mum made one cry, my dad made one sobbed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all these people are standing around starving. Just cut the bloody cake for God's sake. Poor Carl from Bankstown standing there, her arms are starting to shake from holding this heavy fucking cake. And everyone's doing all these speeches. And Britt Hockley gets up there from the pickup and I'm like, oh, I was almost a little bit jealous, like why would they ask that co host to give a speech? Yeah, But then I was like, oh my god. I can see Mark and Michelle. They're talking amongst themselves, being like, oh we should get Mitch. I catch their eyes. I'm like, no, no, no, don't don't ask me to do a speech because I was put on the spot. Yeah, but I still managed to say some nice shit about you.
Speaker 1: I think your speech was lovely. We played it on the show last year. It was nice. We don't have to replay it because.
Speaker 2: I said something like, oh, he's very loyal and has a big heart, blah blah blah, but then I was like, okay, let's fucking keep this short and sweet. There's cake to be it, of course.
Speaker 4: And then I did a sweet she did?
Speaker 2: She said I love you? I did?
Speaker 4: I said, I love you very much.
Speaker 1: That's sweet. Sorry, Then from me, did I follow that by drinking a beer off a dildo?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 2: And so I decided to put you on the spot, much like you did to me, no warning. Just whipped out my phone, handed it to you and said give us a speech. Mate. Let's just take a listen see how we went. Yeah, because I managed to pull some nice words out on a fucking ass crack when push came to shove at your birthday. Let's hear what you said about me.
Speaker 1: You couldn't reach my ass crack because I was wearing a trench coat, Like, because you set me up for failure.
Speaker 2: Go on, let's listen.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Because I was thrown under the bus at someone's twenty eighth and forced to give a speech on the spot, I'm returning the same treatment you're up.
Speaker 1: Oh hello, everyone, how are we doing? Hands out? Who wants a clip? Who wants a dark?
Speaker 2: They're actually mocking me at this point.
Speaker 1: That's a reference to his show. Thank you all for being here doing well, Mitchell's nearest and dearest to hear. I think, why don't we all just on the count of three, scream out how much we love Mitchell on the count of three. No, and how loud this room gets is how much love there is for Mitchell. So this will be a nice way to test on three the volume of this room just doing a radio announce. You set it up twice because people didn't hear the first time. Is the amount of love for Mitchell Coombs one, two, three?
Speaker 7: Can I just say that was one person. That was one person with the loudness. The straight man was the loudest. Thank you for being here, Mitchell. We love you well said cheers to Mitchell. Everyone, Happy birthday Mitchell.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 1: I don't see anything wrong. I think I should have complimented myself at the end. Yeah, well spoken, thanks mate.
Speaker 2: So did you notice any point in that speech any nice things said about me? You were just doing crowd work.
Speaker 1: Okay, you make a good point that I didn't. I didn't really speak to your strength. No, And there was a little mocking at the star reference. I'd say to the water off, and.
Speaker 2: So you said, the amount of noise made in this moment will tell how much love there is for Mitchell. And frankly, there wasn't much fucking noise was there that was hurtful?
Speaker 1: I think, Well, you were in the room, you can speak to the love that was in my face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone was just so embarrassed for you.
Speaker 1: Were you actually upset? Both?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Actually I wasn't. But notes for next time, say things about the person you're giving a speech for.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and why do you do a take too?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 4: You don't have to mention that you're in radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know why I said that because I realized that I'd set it up twice and I sounded like an idiot. And then I was I need to make a joke out of it. I was losing the room, you know, and you can sense it. I'm like, fuck, I need to, you know, talk about the.
Speaker 2: Blue once again. There was cake on the line.
Speaker 1: There was Candle starting to shout out to Nick, our friend Nick, who made that gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Part incredible, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I'm happy to I'm happy to do a take too, So welcome everyone. I'll get up on stage. Thank you, thank you all for being here. Calm down, Calm down. God, that crazy applause sounds like I'm a Mitchell Coomb show. Oh much better than Mitchell's been with me through the thick and the thin and the ups and the downs of my successful life and career. You are a genuine friend, one of my closest friends. I would actually say my closest friend. You know, you do know more about me than I think anyone else a little bit. I think we weren't. We work together so intimately and closely, not only his friends, but his business partners. It is like a block situation where like you're the Scott cam and I'm the Shelley Craft. I turn up for just like a couple of episodes and you're doing a lot of the heavy work and sort of the face of the brand. And I'll turn up for you know, fluff a pillow and make sure Darren Palmer's had his botox. That's the dynamic, But it works. It works. You're one of the funniest people I know. You're a loyal and fierce friend to the end, and truthfully, I know that if I ever needed advice or if I needed truth told to me, I'd come to you. Wow, it's a happy birthday, Mitchell. I do love you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That was much better, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Well, that sweet from the heart a bit offensive to me.
Speaker 1: But it's not. Your birth is January eighth, the day insurrection pt me on you started doing fourth and fourth?
Speaker 2: Can we just paint a picture of the birthday dinner by the way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I can add the fourth sense, which is stench to that birthday dinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah. People who follow me and watch my videos, you might be familiar with the prawn pong that I had to deal with because at the local bowl. I'm reluctant to use their name because I'm about to besmirch the living fuck out of don't do it, you reckon.
Speaker 1: They're clearly every dollar they make, so do not. So.
Speaker 2: The reason that my friends and I love this bowling club is because it's so tragic, so daggy. Let's just read some of their Google reviews, shall we? One star I inquired about hosting an event at this venue. After I call to clarify the details, ask them to email me. The man on the phone said, well, can an email tell you that I haven't just give me your card details love. He's got a point one star. No need to bark at customers. One star food is dreadful, one star bad attitude, rude stuff. Should only go there if you're absolutely desperate. Even then think again. So this place is horrible, but that's kind of part of the charm. It reminds me of my regional upbringing. It's just a little bit gross this place, and that's why we love it.
Speaker 1: That stuff gaslit me hard. I ordered two schnitzels for me and Stephen and chips, and they came back with the schnitzels, and I went, what about the chips. You went, you didn't order chips, And I said, you're right, I didn't. If it's not the same problem you ordered.
Speaker 2: Oh can I have the schnitzel. They just came up with just chicken. That's it. And he goes, oh, what about the salad the chips? They said, you said schnitzel.
Speaker 4: Let's say it happened to Oscar.
Speaker 2: I replied that you want the lots shorts.
Speaker 1: Pauses to order lasagna, and all the meat was on the top of it.
Speaker 2: It looked like a piece of money came inside out this lasagna. It looked awful.
Speaker 4: It was, and I think that was a special of the day.
Speaker 1: But the worst part is we get there and you said we had a group chat for your birthday and we were late.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, it's ten to fifteen minutes late. And the meat raffle had already started. Yes, the men. I was buying tickets because of the prawn pong issue I've had this night, my birthday dinner, they were doing the seafood raffle. Normally they've got goldous ristles and sausages, the breakfast tray with the bacon and eggs and shit beautiful. But this night they were doing the seafood raffle again, and I said, Sean, don't even think about it. I'm not having another issue where the prawns go off in a matter of days and my fridge stinks beyond repair.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, we're not going near that. We're not even going to try and get the seafood. But everyone else on the table cleaned up, including you.
Speaker 1: So I was there. I bid via the phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone grabbed me tickets please, I'm on my way. Yep.
Speaker 1: So one of our friends, Clay bought me a ticket, and.
Speaker 4: Two people bought your ticket, so I had two entries.
Speaker 2: Well, the two people in the group chat didn't communicate. They both bought your ticket.
Speaker 1: I was a Jordan. Yeah, someone ten dollars. If I turn up and everyone goes, you've won, and I went, oh my god. And I walk in and go where is it? And you've put it in the fridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got a fridge outside purely for the meat raffle winnings. Yeah, fridge has no other purpose.
Speaker 1: No, it's also not one of those pub fridges that has glass doors, double door. It's just a whirlpool that you see in someone's garage, your hand one. That's a marketplace.
Speaker 2: Fine. So I was right next to the dirty fucking bay Marie.
Speaker 1: So I've got my prawns and lobster inside this fridge and I go great. So I enjoy the night and we party on it is it's nice.
Speaker 2: And for the idiots wondering he did turn up in the trench coat, I.
Speaker 1: Did wear a trench coat. There is a photo on the socials. Now you led me down the garden path because you said Sean will also wear a trench coat, so you'll be fine will.
Speaker 2: He always does wear trench coats and crisp attire, but for once he read the room and wore a flannel because that's more appropriate to this dag. He fucking bowling cly.
Speaker 1: Walked in, Jenny, you were there, and everyone looked at me, didn't they. You know, everyone's eating and you can hear cutlory. Then everyone sort of stops on walks. Yeah, and someone's like, inspect to gadget I looked like a dighead in my coat.
Speaker 4: Everyone just stopped.
Speaker 2: I thought it looked nice. You did stick out like dogs balls given the venue, but I think the coat objectively was nice.
Speaker 1: It is nice anyway. You won.
Speaker 2: You won the prawns and the lobster.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then after the event, we Mitch goes, do you want to come back to our house? So I said, sure, what do I do with the browns? You can put them in our fridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very nice. I did say, don't you dare forget them. I'm not having these things in my fridge again.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Stephen was so excited to eat them. He said, we have to get the bronze and the lobster. Okay, so we stay yours for an hour or two. We do our thing, we leave right, we go home, We put it straight now, fridge upstairs, we go to bed. So not a lot of exposure out of the fridge. None, absolutely no, kept them cool. Yeah, it was a cold night too, so when I was traveling to and from the car and the fridge, it was cold. So the next day we go, hey, we've got nothing planned tonight. Let's go buy some pasta and we'll get some we'll make a pasta sauce and we'll make lobster saturin nice, gorgeous. We have the free lobster, so we do it. We chop it up, we added to the sauce. We make it. We enjoy it with a glass of wine. We have a little kiss. Beautiful watching a movie night is sort thought of wine. I need to picture this. It was a red wine with seafood.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting match.
Speaker 1: But Dad in the business whatever, he so enough to pay and I had a wine too, and we both had a wine. It was gorgeously cheers. We ate the pasta. We're sitting on the couch watching Scream because Stephen had never seen it. And then he starts like squirming and is everything all right? And then he's like, oh, I feel fine.
Speaker 2: Did you feel all right?
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, he's okay, all right. I didn't want to say anything because he cooked the pasta. And then I start get this like punch in my gut. I'm like, oh, I've got some pains downstairs, Like I don't want to say anything, but so do wh fuck? And then you guys says I'll go downstairs. He went to the downstairs, toll I wanted.
Speaker 2: To the upstairs for an instant. You both had the runs that bad that night, just straight out like water. No, I mean what we you think it's the bowling club's seafood right now? Do you reckon that the butchers who provide this meat are getting rid of the good stuff that they could profit from. No, they're getting rid of the ship at the end of the day that's about to go off that they have none of the plans for other than to throw out.
Speaker 4: And it was also sitting on that table for a while.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I put it in the fridge before.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, because when I went to order my stuff about or it was just sitting there and it looked hot.
Speaker 2: Because the guy that draws the numbers during the meat raffle. He's got them there on a table to come collect, and he does set that up like an hour before he starts calling the number, so they would have just been sitting there, y you bitch.
Speaker 1: Inside the heater on as I left, genuine enjoy the platter. It was very hot in there the whole time?
Speaker 2: Is it just me.
Speaker 1: Listening on Spotify? Don't forget to leave a five starting.
Speaker 2: Mate, you wait for episode two to four coming out on Wednesday, because Jenna and I are gonna blow your mind, blow, absolutely blow with what are you talking about? You remember last week you gave us a little challenge. We've got a hustle. Oh yes, Correchow promote the podcasts and an out of the box way.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, which I've got issues with because Mitch said, have you done your hustle? And I thought, to be honest, I did hustle. That's why we're doing this. I don't have to rehustle.
Speaker 4: No, that was an example.
Speaker 1: Well, I have rehustled, so I've double hustled.
Speaker 2: I mean, for those who didn't listen to the Wednesday's episode last week, I still believe you didn't really hustle because you played us two bits of audio. One of them a caller on your radio show said they loved the podcast. They brought it up, and then the second one, your co host brought up that you have a podcast, So you were really going out of your way to bring it up. Someone else had to raise the subject that you have a podcast, Otherwise it would have gone I mentioned I still.
Speaker 1: Had it there. I gave it the go ahead to my team. I have hustled too, don't worry. Oh so you think your hustle's better than mine?
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I'm just saying that we've gone above and beyond and you're gonna be so impressed. You gave us homework and we fucking nailed it. Why A plus gold star?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But why have you teamed up? That wasn't the challenge?
Speaker 2: We've both done one. Each teamwork makes the dream work.
Speaker 1: You're in cahoots.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, well I did mine without Jennet, but Jenna needed a bit of help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I did another one as well.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, she did. We've been hustling out absolute clips off. You've got no idea what I hustled as well, And we'll play it to you on Wednesday? You did? You did? I did?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I did, I did. I just haven't had many bites, but I did.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. It's about the effort the intent.
Speaker 1: Oh, there was a lot of effort, a lot of intent. Right, it almost got Bash doing it. But that's fine. We can talk about it. We could talk about it on Wednesday's episode. Correct, perfect, All right, shall I do? Myn is just made sure?
Speaker 2: Let's go?
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Did you think pay it forwards were done? But the phenomenon of pay it forward was done like gone with the Ellen DA's. Remember when the whole pay it forward was a trend where you'd be a drive through and you'd go, you pay for your drink, you make cafe coffee, and you go, you know what, I'm going to pay.
Speaker 2: For the car behind me, like a random act of kindness.
Speaker 1: Correct, it was a massive thing in like twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, Ellen was doing it.
Speaker 2: Only the sentiment of random acts of kindness hasn't gone anywhere. That wasn't a trend, was it.
Speaker 1: No, not the random act of kindness, but the act of paying it forward, where you pray for the person behind you, and it would start to pay it forward chain.
Speaker 2: That's a certified tied US. I can't imagine you'd be getting amongst that very often. No, And has it ever happened to you where I've had the opportunity to pay for someone's.
Speaker 1: Stuff, where someone's paid for your stuff?
Speaker 2: I do? I think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Has it happened to you? En, Well, fucking happened to me.
Speaker 2: And no one prepares you for how awkward it is when someone pays for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be sweet and you're going to go, oh, thank you. Guys, it's awkward as fuck with.
Speaker 2: The anonymous or did the person? Was the person there?
Speaker 1: So let me paint a picture for you. Steve and I are on the weekend, go for a walk around the beach in Cronulla and he goes, you want to get a juice? I'm like, great, let's go to our juice place. You have this favorite juice place. They're big, they're like eight dollars each the best. So we're walking together. Steve bucks for we can Tumeric and garlic ginger.
Speaker 6: Juice.
Speaker 1: That thanks Ginger for the immune city.
Speaker 2: That sounds lovely. It's been out of clear the science wouldn't.
Speaker 1: It's delicious, and it's one of those grossers. So inside you've got like, you know, a green grocer, you can shop fresh veggie.
Speaker 4: You're seeing local business.
Speaker 2: Yes, approach place sounds nice and.
Speaker 1: We know the staff. Out the front. There's two women. They're gorgeous and they just you stand at the front. You go, this is what I want, and they make the juice for you. So we're standing there and this man's in line, and it's very well dressed, quite handsome, like probably in his forties.
Speaker 2: Gay.
Speaker 1: Well, he's the thing. You know, normally you can tell I see where this is going. I thought to myself, oh, one of us. Maybe I don't know, but maybe he's got good skin. He's kind of glowing, yep, whatever. So Steven and I are there. He's ordering his drinks. So Steve and I kind of gossiping, and then I don't know, like laughing, and then I don't know, maybe I like hold his hand or put my hand around his waist, like there's a sign of affection. And I could tell that this guy was looking and I thought, oh god, Cornellar, it could go either way.
Speaker 2: Ah, you thought, oh, he's going to carve our scull in. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love living in the area, but I have been there's been some slurs thrown my way anyway, but he kind of looked nice. I'm like, oh, this is awkward. So I kept holding Stephen on the waist whatever. He grabs his juice and then I was like, next in line, gotcha and this was bright red beet root and he was sort of stood there and I'm like, oh, this is awod. When's he gonna go? Because I need to get in an order. So he keeps talking to the staff the stuff. Then go hey, boys, what can we get you? So Steve and I kind of yell over this guy we order and then she's like all right, ready to pay eighteen dollars and Stephen goes, I'll get this one, and I'm like, no, no, let me get this one. You got dinner, I'll get it. He said, no, I'll get it, and Steven goes, no, let me get it, and I go, let me get it, and I get my phone, double tap the side button to Apple Pay, and then I hear, no, I'll get it. He swipes his phone, pays for it without even missing a bead, pulls his hand away, and then just stands there like like a kid that's just done a poo on wats their mum's attention was like, I'll do it. And I went, oh, oh my god. Oh, I was shocked, went thank you.
Speaker 2: Maybe he just couldn't stand the fac thing about He's like, oh fuck me, someone just paid. It wasn't that energy.
Speaker 1: And then Stephen went oh thanks, and I went thank you so much. He went your fine boys. I went, oh, let me, can I transfer you? He's like nope.
Speaker 2: I'm like okay, and then he's stand there.
Speaker 1: That is weird and he SIPs his juice and then I kind of stand and then I'm like, at you local. He's like, yeah, yeah, I went for assim this morning and I went, oh, that's nice to do this often. He went, anytime I see a gorgeous cute couple, you two have warmed my heart. And I went, oh, that's so nice, straight niceing the ginger And then.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a CD it was it was cute.
Speaker 1: It was cute, but I did not know what to do with myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because then you have to stand there with them and you're like, now, what would you like a protein ball?
Speaker 1: Thir do you get an add on or some do you want something ahead of this? Is he trying to get a three run a saved?
Speaker 2: Even from him?
Speaker 1: It was really quite odd.
Speaker 2: And so this whole idea of pay it forward, does that mean that it's like a chain mail? You now have to do it to someone else.
Speaker 1: Here's a thing, that's what I thought. I'm like, great, now I've got to do it to the next person in line. And there was someone in line. It's some old bat from Cronulla.
Speaker 2: Oh, she might be on the pension, probably saved up for that fucking exy Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought of this is nice. Maybe she'll just get a cappuccino or like a protein ball. And so I turn around. Grocery full. Ha, she's got a trolley. It is full. And you know, green grocers love supporting small business. But if you do in your shops there, you do it all right, like it's expensive. Yeah, yes, so I left, But now I'm plagued, I'm guilty. I don't feel any better. This man was nice, lingered for way too long, and it just it's just the most awkward thing in the world.
Speaker 2: So once he got to do did he stick around? Yeah, that's odd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 1: Do you think I should just, for the sake of nicety pay it forward? Just do a pay it forward?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, next time you're at the drive through, which could be in a matter of hours, who knows, you just say when you get to the second window to pay, be like I'm going to shout the person behind me as well. But the risk is they've gotten fourteen family boxes. Yeah, yeah, correct, But you're good for it. You don't pay rent, you'll be right.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm not worried about the money. I'm more worried about what's the part of you is?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm worried about I couldn't care less. But what I do in my hands?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: What do you say? Like? What do I say? Oh? Time to pay for your coffee? Someone in front of me? All right, ready to pay? I swoop in? No, I have just done that? Like, what do you what I say?
Speaker 2: You don't cause a scene because not to bag out this guy that did something nice for you, but sticking around to soak up the glory is a bit weird. It's cute if it's anonymous, like the drive that you just pay for the person behind you. You never speak to them again, you never see them again. But you know deep down you've made their day. But if you stand there waiting for them to get all gushy and thank you, it's like, no, No, that's a bit sick, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Why don't I do it? And I can record the audio on my phone? Okay, I can come back with my pay it Forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you might have to pay cash or a physical card because I reckon the Apple pay might interrupt the voice memo and then you won't have the recording. And if there's no proof, how do we ever know it's true?
Speaker 6: True?
Speaker 4: You could be lying.
Speaker 1: I'll have to go live on a couple of mint. That's enough of these two. Now, let's hear and is it just you? Yes, it's your chance to be featured on the show. Now. If you are on with us, you will have glory for the rest of your life. Clearly you will also get a limited edition tote back.
Speaker 2: Yes, price Kepergenna will fix you up with something nice. Is a thank you for coming on? We do this every is it just me Monday? So get thinking. Yeah, something you've noticed hat or appreciate. You can DMS at couple of mitches on Instagram, or send us a text on this number. Ah got till number when it zero.
Speaker 1: Two to nine. You know, we also will just take a story if you've got a story you want to tell us, so you think something has happened to you that you know we love, or a recommendation for the idiots.
Speaker 2: Of course we'll realize the other day, you know how you were talking about how you love video essays. Yeah, and I was like, essays are so boring, sounds like shit. I realized that basically the whole structure of our I gems is an essay. Oh yeah, because remember in high school, the structure of an essay was peel point, explain example link.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So we make the statement which is Tour's speech with bullshit at my birthday, and then I explain I showed the example, and then I link back to the original statement. I'm like, I've been writing essays for two hundred and twenty three episodes now.
Speaker 1: So true. Take that, missus Moon. My anguish teacher said, I was a letterate in dyslexic.
Speaker 2: Also, if you're listening right now and you've got a just form it, I say around it with the point and the example and then link it back. There you go.
Speaker 1: All you need to do it. It is peel, just peel. All right. Well, today we're going to Braxton, which sounds completely made up. We're going to chat to Ivy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought Braxton was the name of the person Braxton's place.
Speaker 4: I like the name Ivy.
Speaker 2: Reminds me of the drip. Reminds me of when I google Braxton because I want to see where they're from. It just brings up Braxton Hicks contractions.
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 2: Isn't that when people think they're about to give birth but they're not. It's a false alarm.
Speaker 1: Let's ask Braxton. Maybe that's where they're from. What was the name Ivy from Braxton?
Speaker 6: Ivy, Hello, Ivy speaking hello.
Speaker 2: We just want to clarify something, Ivy. Where do you live Frankston, Braxton?
Speaker 6: That it's in the Hunter Valley like Upper Hunter, gorgeous spot. Yeah, it's really nice. We just move there.
Speaker 2: Actually, So how close is the nearest winery?
Speaker 6: Oh be less than five minutes, Ivy.
Speaker 2: That is fuck the dream, that's dangerous.
Speaker 1: Less than five minutes.
Speaker 6: I don't drink though, because I breastfeed.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Apparently if you drink a wine while breastfeeding, then it should pass through your system when you do for your next feed. I've got a photo of my sister drinking wine with a kid on a teath.
Speaker 1: Really, you're hard to do that?
Speaker 2: Well, that's how you do it, so that the wine isn't in the milk next time.
Speaker 1: It's like a brittle filter. Well, a brittle filter. He just filters it out.
Speaker 4: I'm selling a few if anyone's interesting.
Speaker 1: Enough of you all Ivy in Brankston, Are you ready to hit us with something you've noticed you hate to appreciate.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am all right.
Speaker 1: Bradley your can you in and go for it?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 6: A shower curtains just not it?
Speaker 1: They are the worst. I never know if they go inside or outside the tub.
Speaker 6: Like I said, I've just moved houses, and I've never had a shower that's had a shower curtain before. So I took my first shower the other days.
Speaker 2: Is it one of those bath shower things where it's a bath we have to stand up for the shower?
Speaker 1: I hate them.
Speaker 6: No, it's not. It's not got the bath, which I was actually disappointed about because I haven't had a bath in years only showers. But yeah, I was showering and the curtain is just so cold and it gets stuck to you, and no matter what I grew, it keeps like sucking towards me when I'm just trying to keep warm in the shower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know in the corner.
Speaker 1: No, I saw a TikTok about this. It's got something to do with the hot the cold air, because there's hot air from inside the shower, cold air on the outside, and that pushes it in like it genuinely makes it suck towards your.
Speaker 2: Even the curtain it's freezing, it's tits off. It's like, let me get in the in this shower.
Speaker 1: We're just disgusting. Like I'm with you. What I hate is a shower curtain when you've got the bath section of the of the shower, you're standing in it. I don't know whether to keep it like on the inside of the bath so then the water doesn't go out, but then you kick it and you touch it. But if it's on the outside, the water just pours outside.
Speaker 2: The shower exactly, so you're not meant to do that. But then you have got this thing gripping your leg. If it's on the inside, but the water.
Speaker 6: Still gets out anyway. It's it's not waterproof, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing, because I've got one of those hybrid bath shower things, which I don't mind, and it feels like it should have a shower curtain because I just get water fucking everywhere, all over the bathroom floor. But then I thought, even if I had a shower curtain, I'd probably achieved the same result, fucking water everywhere.
Speaker 4: So who gives a ship exactly?
Speaker 6: Yeah, literally, And I've signed a lease for twelve months. I'm like, damn it, I've got to figure something else out.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a rental, so you can't even like tamper with it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, fucking Oh my god. Better than what I had growing up was a glass sliding door like in my shower, and it would be the worst.
Speaker 2: I hated it so much.
Speaker 1: Would get stuck, stuck this scar. I've got to the bottle of my chin into that scar. That's because I opened it on the blade and then slipped and fell and it landed on the blade.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, no, I'd be another random question from me. This just shows that I'm getting so old because I'm really excited to hear in stuff. How do you clean a shower curtain?
Speaker 6: I think you'd just replace it.
Speaker 2: I assume that sounds so fairly fuck that you just burn it. What would happen if you just took it off?
Speaker 6: Well, I just think more water would get everywhere. Probably is that our vanity is really really close to the shower and it already has water damage from the previous person that lived there, So I don't want to get it more like water damage and then have to replace a vanity.
Speaker 2: That's true, you won't get your bond backus.
Speaker 4: Then you'll have to go to Tribune and like I did, yeah.
Speaker 2: Reach out to the.
Speaker 1: Well shit, well good time. This is awful for you, but great timing because we're announcing we're extending the merch Raine to include shower so good you know, we'll send one out to you.
Speaker 2: Who wouldn't want the couple of miches cling into their legs when they're wet.
Speaker 1: I want more than my favorite podcast trio to be steering me down while I'm scrubbing up my asshole. We'll send you a toe bag, that's.
Speaker 2: All we thought. Yeah, just trying to get a sate bag. Iv thanks for coming on today.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ivy, No, thanks having me.
Speaker 2: Thanks love you all right, love your bye, love you. She didn't say it back, no time, sorry time.
Speaker 1: I sp sorry, what a sweetheart. I did check and I was wrong. She wrote Braxton, I just got rid of the end.
Speaker 2: At a glance, it looks like Braxton again.
Speaker 1: It does Braxton, Branston, Braxton. Whatever. All right, let's go. That's the show done.
Speaker 2: Everybody sure we better get out of here? Hey, we should coming up and Wednesday will talk more about my birthday.
Speaker 1: God, it's exhausting.
Speaker 2: It's done. It's done. It's done.
Speaker 1: I promise it's dumb because you're definitely not wrong about that.
Speaker 2: I said done.
Speaker 1: Oh it's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no more birthday.
Speaker 1: Chat, all right, and then you got to hustle review yell, I'm excited for that.
Speaker 4: It's exciting.
Speaker 5: You are.
Speaker 2: You couldn't predict the things we've done to promote this podcast. It's so out of the box.
Speaker 1: Well, I did see that you posted on the socials saying we're all together because you were with contracept your diaphragm, Sam and fourth wheel Oscar.
Speaker 2: Roping a Porto Oscar chucken Oscar. Yeah, we need to settle that title. I was a bit upset that during the Misfits they went rogue and called him chucken Oscar. He signed the paper when he joined our team and it's a port Oscar. That's his title.
Speaker 3: Oscar wanted to be known as chucken Oscar and I respectly not his call.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to be known as Bette Midler, but we just can't have it, can we. Okay, Bet Midler, it doesn't actually fit me when you say that that anyway.
Speaker 2: Yes, I teamed up with the Misfits. I did, and you have no idea what.
Speaker 1: Were You've turned your back on your original co host.
Speaker 2: I don't see that as true at all.
Speaker 1: No. Wow, that's like Carrie Bradshaw teaming up with the cast of Friends.
Speaker 2: But they're not our rivals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're both very successful.
Speaker 1: It's clear clear we look at them in different ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we do. I don't see the Misfits and rivals. There's an intension about you.
Speaker 1: You know, it's my inner radio. I'm kind of built to kill. It's quite horrific.
Speaker 2: So do you have some sort of vengeful rage towards other shows in different time slots on Kids.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, if I saw Christie Swan in the street on Kids.
Speaker 2: Because the Misfits are on our podcast, they're not a rival podcast. So do you hate like I don't know Will and Woody? Yeah, do you hate them? Woody? You're right?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're right.
Speaker 2: I can literally see them right now. Yeah, I can see the vivic glass sor they're here.
Speaker 4: Let's get them in and ask uf they hate you?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening, guys, leave us a five star review on Spotify or Apple. You can also follow us if you don't. Thank you for listening, and we'll be back in a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Catch it so an idiots say?
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: A podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit to follow on your podcast app.
Speaker 2: Welcome to add brief our secret segment on the end. We don't really want people to hear this part of the episode, which is why it's a secret, because we just go a bit fair all we don't know what we're doing. Our brains switch off, cheering. Give a proof of that currently I've switched off.
Speaker 1: I switched it back on. That takes a lot of might for me to switch that thing on. I was trying so hard. I was like, it was like sleep at paralysis, sleep a paralysis, and my brain wanted to say sleep analysis because I went to my sleep doctor this week. Yeah, my sleep ap me is almost exist.
Speaker 2: Of that, Barthet, I feel like we hear a lot about that, very rarely, and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, Mitchell, I am blown away with your resent may loss. Your sleep ap miror is almost non existent. We still, however, have to continue treating.
Speaker 2: So you have it or you don't.
Speaker 1: I do it very mild. Okay, So if I want to do another sleep study, I could see if my app ner is still bad enough to quantify the machine.
Speaker 2: How much do they cost to study? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh a study? Oh you can get them bog build get free with medi count.
Speaker 2: Because I remember I was talking you about it, I was like, I maybe should get one done because I just can't recall the last time that I woke up feeling refreshed. It's been ageous.
Speaker 1: Listen. I am an advocate for getting your sleep analyzed, because even if it's not sleep at me, it could be someone else. Yeah, get your sleep done. You can actually do at home ones now and it's not like a full you know, wiring up of the heart and the waist and the lungs and the neck and everything. You can just do like one like module on your chest and it checks everything. Oh it's pretty cool. Yeah, it'll be hard for Eugenet considering you sleep in the hyperbaric chamber. You don't know how they'd make that happen.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but surely there's a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's four Yeah, no, no doubt.
Speaker 2: So you know how we often talk about the podcast curse, how we sink a ship if we collaborate with another podcast. They wrap up. Yes, they do not continue. And we were talking last week about how maybe I'm the one with the curse because I've appeared on a few podcasts recently and they've ceased to exist, so you weren't even there, so it can't be both of us. It might just be me.
Speaker 1: And I've also been on podcasts that have not failed.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, not all of the ones I've been a guest on a failed, but enough that I'm like, fuck, that's not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you also want to get repeat booking, so carefully.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to be friend of the show, you know. Anyway, So I've realized that maybe I'm the curse one because some other things have happened, not just podcast dying. People dying. Yeah, Like, for example, remember back in the day when we were figuring out our jingle for the IgE and phone number. Yeah, we were toying with the idea of the Friends theme song, and then I started rewatching Friends. I was like, oh, it's been years. And then within that week that I started rewatching it, Matthew Perry died. Oh no, So it kind of hit home even more so for me because I was like, oh my god, I just started rewatching it. Now he's gone. That's so weird. Yeah. So last weekend, Sewan and I were watching that show Fakey Yes with Ashaketty. It's actually really good. That's a great recommendation if you want to check out fake And then another character pops and I said to Sean, holy fuck, is that Lynn Scully from Neighbors? And he goes, oh my god, it is too. I barely recognized her, and I said, yeah, she looks terrible. She's aged horribly. She looks one hundred at the moment. But I recognized the voice. I knew it was Lynn Scully from Neighbors, played by Janet Andrew Arthur. Yeah right, yeah, and so we start googling and this was a Saturday night. Bear that in mind. Yeah, we start googling Janet Andrew Arthur age and we're like, oh, she's seventy two. Okay, so she's getting up there. But fuck, she was so great, looked so different. And then the next day, the next fucking day, I've not thought about this woman, Janet Andrew Arthur for years and years and years. The day after I was googling her, it's announced that she passed away on Friday. Oh so I'm talking shit about her on a Saturday and then she died, saying that she looks horrible and she's age seventy two. But by this point she was already dead because she died on the Friday. But you know what, she died on the Friday. But I'd started watching the show without Sean, and then I said, oh, let's watch it on the weekend. I think you'd like this. So I reckon I killed her because I've started watching first. I can't be nostalgic because I might kill them. Yeah, like I killed Matthew Perry. You did because it had been years since i'd watched Friends, and I'm like, I'm going to dip my tie back in that show. I miss it. He's dead?
Speaker 1: Can you maybe put your eyes over Jojo Seaward serious?
Speaker 2: That wouldn't mean a soaldic for me. I don't really fuck You're right, I've googled it.
Speaker 1: She died in her sleep but surrounded by her family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounded very They said she died peacefully.
Speaker 1: But how do you die by in your sleep surrounded by your family unless you're sleeping in one of those beds like Willy won't grow a chocolate factory.
Speaker 2: I think they probably knew that it was time. She had some sort of illness, which they've not clarified, but they were there with her, being like, oh, this is probably it.
Speaker 1: She's a true talent, genuine, very very sad Scully family, Oh me too.
Speaker 2: Do you remember we played her cat fight scene with Rebecca from Nahby on this podcast because it's just what it's my Roman empire. I think about it often. Scully and Rebecca. It's having a mad scrag fight in the muddle on the front lawn.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her daughter was Holly Valance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a holy candy candy. Sorry, Rebrand Felicity and Steph Steph Scully. Yes, that was Lynn's thaughterer as well.
Speaker 1: One of the great names, Andrew Arthur. But it's not. It's not hyphenated guy, it's not Andrew. It's one where Andrew.
Speaker 2: Actually a great names, got it? It does.
Speaker 1: It's a great name. Rest in peace. What an icon of it?
Speaker 2: Isn't that just the weirdest eerie timing that that Saturday, I was googling her finding out what is her age and obviously no one had updated her bloody Wikipedia or whatever saying that she's now deceased because it hadn't been announced. But by that point she was already dead. So weird, so fucking weird.
Speaker 1: He's weird how things like that happened.
Speaker 3: Also, Fate came out a couple of months ago, so it's not like it's a total news.
Speaker 2: Shop didn't happen until I, G Did I killed Andrew? I'm so sorry to the family.
Speaker 1: Did she did she look I'm well in the in the show she didn't look well.
Speaker 2: She just looked completely different how she did her neighbors because she had really gray hair, and I was like, whoa fuck? Is this part of the character or is that what she looks like now, and so that's why we were googling. And yeah, she was all gray and a bit frail, got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's we can put this down to a coincidence, no doubt.
Speaker 4: But she still seemed healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah she was. She was so good in fake. She was like, it's the same character she was litle gully. It was so cute fake because they were.
Speaker 1: Filming it in Cranella. Oh really, it was a blackwood pantry once getting coffee, and I saw Ashahkeetti gettingffee there too when they were filming down the road.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you call me immediately?
Speaker 1: I think I tried to get a photo for you, but it was all very dramatic.
Speaker 2: Yeahh the show is dramatic.
Speaker 1: Well what's it about fate?
Speaker 2: No? I feel like they've actually stolen the plot line from that whole who the fuck did I marry? Series on TikTok that I was telling you about. So she did this guy who was a pathological liar. This is fake the Ashaketti show. And I think she's a smart woman, but she buried her head in the sand. She saw the red flags and even her therapist was like, no, you need to learn to trust. This is your problem. But no, she was right. He was a fucking lie. Yes, she'd be house like he was always not turning up with really elaborate excuses, and then after a while she just was like fuck you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the excuses he made, she would google them and that were legit.
Speaker 2: They kind of add it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So then he was gaslighting head very.
Speaker 2: They were dating for ages, like he was going to all these open houses telling it, I'm filthy rich, let's buy this really expensive property. And then she'd get attached to the idea I'm going to live here, and then at the last minute be like, no, I've changed my mind. I might look at this place and said he was.
Speaker 4: Homeless, like, no way he could have fall that lived under a boat?
Speaker 1: What no bowlers, But now I'm going to see the boat the show and go, well, there's his house.
Speaker 2: No, but they know everyone knows, watching from episode one onwards, that he's full of shit in it. Screaming at the screen as.
Speaker 4: I got very angry with Usher.
Speaker 2: It's on paramount plus, not being paid to promote it, but it's very enjoyable.
Speaker 1: I have paramount plus.
Speaker 2: I might watch and then wait till the wedding episode, that's when dead Lynn is in it.
Speaker 1: So what are you saying you've got powers beyond the grave? Do you think you have powers beyond the grave?
Speaker 2: Beyond the grave would mean that I'm dead, but I'm still You think my.
Speaker 1: Power through it? You've got powers to kill?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I never put my mind to it. I'm not. I wasn't like I'm going to kill her off.
Speaker 1: It just happens.
Speaker 2: It just happens. Podcasts people, I can't be dressed anywhere near them.
Speaker 1: We can't put you near the Mitchell.
Speaker 4: No, that's really concerning.
Speaker 1: Well, as long as Jenna and I are alive and thriving and prosperous, then you're.
Speaker 4: A grim reaper I am.
Speaker 1: Maybe you will.
Speaker 2: I can't watch Mclad's Daughters ever again.
Speaker 4: Don't you dare turn that show on?
Speaker 2: Yes, because it's every time I'm feeling nostalgic retelevision, that's when they die. Oh no, no, I can never watch it again.
Speaker 1: What else is there that you could watch?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What what shows up he nostalgia for you? Like if you turned on Kim possible? Do you think Kim and no.
Speaker 2: Offspring?
Speaker 1: God, Rebecca, give me, we need her.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do that to.
Speaker 4: Her, and do that to her, I've still got time left.
Speaker 1: But have you rewatched anything recently? And has the starf not died?
Speaker 2: Well? I guess the bit of Mcloud's daughters. I watched that when I went to the when I went to stay at the place.
Speaker 1: True, but didn't the horse recently? Pass the horse and Mcloud's horse.
Speaker 2: I'd be surprised if any of the horses on that show were still alive.
Speaker 1: What the hell horses live for? Let me check?
Speaker 2: Good call you know that. I never once googled until after I'd adopted Isabella how long cats live. It wasn't until she was in my home and I'm cleaning her shit out of the kid litter that I went, Wait, fuck? How long am I stuck with her for?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm still going to have it when I'm forty, all things going well? Yeah? Should I check on her cat cam right now?
Speaker 6: Do it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah? Horse lifespan twenty five to thirty years. Oh okay, so some of the horses could still be kicking.
Speaker 1: However, in rare cases, domestic horses have lived into their fifties even sixties. Far that's crazy. Let's do a little pop quiz round of how old do you think?
Speaker 2: Ready for horses's effort?
Speaker 1: For any animal? You give me the animal, and I.
Speaker 2: Will watch their life expect and you.
Speaker 1: Guys both lock in an answer.
Speaker 4: I want to give an animal.
Speaker 1: Well it's not that's not how the works.
Speaker 2: You're going to give the animal wrecked?
Speaker 4: Okay, say blue tongue lizard.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll do blue tongue.
Speaker 2: Listen, just an update for those who are worried sick. She's just on her little couch. She's a bella on the on the cap can. She's fine. I was a bit worried because there's been no motion detected for two hours.
Speaker 4: Is that deep and sleep?
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 1: Show me she's a sleepy girl. You turn the mic on hood, but I don't know she's so deep in sleep. She's fine.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, are we guessing? What's the animal?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Here go?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: The first animal, ladies and gentlemen, is what is the age span of frog?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, you said blue tongue lizard.
Speaker 1: I reckon they.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be long, would they, because they say they graduate quite quickly from tad polter frog, maybe like five years.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say seven.
Speaker 1: The common toad lives ten to twelve years. Fuck, I'm that crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another one, Blue tongue lizard.
Speaker 2: Fifteen twenty four, twenty shit, Jenny, you're good at the Jenna was only slightly close to by one.
Speaker 1: That's fucked pigeon.
Speaker 2: Oh three years?
Speaker 1: Why three?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just feel like pigeons don't age. They're or they're not.
Speaker 4: Six six is right?
Speaker 1: Can you see the screen yet?
Speaker 6: But?
Speaker 2: Wow? Another one?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a great white shark.
Speaker 4: Ooh, thirty years seventeen seventy.
Speaker 1: Mitchell has that one.
Speaker 2: Oh it seventy you joking? So there's some geriatric sharks out there.
Speaker 1: Sharks don't mature until twenty six years old. Female don't mature until thirty three. Oh it is hard to determine, however, thirty to over seventy years old. Wow, based on size and weight. So because they get so big, they're assuming they're that old. But they can't cut them in half and count the rings. They're not a fucking oak tree.
Speaker 2: When I was in Darwin they were telling us about this. I did one of those crocodile feeding cruisers. Oh yeah, where they hold out the fucking bits of meat on a stick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did that in Queenslain.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so freaking yeah. I actually wore one of our portable microphones, thinking that Sean might film some reactions of me, but I was just so speechless. I didn't get any content. I was silent the whole time because I'm just there like, yeah, strified.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there was this one crocodile who's like a legend in Darwin. I can't remember what it was called, but it's the fucking funniest story. It went viral at the time, where this crocodile because there's also sharks in that river with the crocodiles, a shark bit one of the crocodile's front feet off, and so by way of revenge, a couple of days later, that crocodile just ate the shark, the whole fucking thing. And there's all these pictures of it up on the bank, just eating a whole shark. Let me find it, Let me find it, Darwin, good on it. Can you google Darwin crocodile eats shark.
Speaker 1: Of course, last one quickly pelican twelve.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say twelve too.
Speaker 1: Fifteen, however, the oldest lived to forty seven. Wow, all right, what am I google?
Speaker 2: Darwin crocodile eats shark and then is it Brutus or something like that.
Speaker 5: The name was sounding like that sounds crocodile devours.
Speaker 1: Look at those photos monster croc and I remembering a bull shark.
Speaker 2: And I remember that being on the news. So when Brutus was jumping up next to the boat trying to eat the fucking meat with his one missing foot, I was like, I'm meeting a celebrity, Brutus, big fund of work. Here you go. What's this? This is the crocodile being in the crocodile the shark. You mean, yeah, so the shark ate his one of his feet and then Brutus is like, you wait, bitch, I'm coming back for you.
Speaker 4: And the thing is there's heaps of sharks there and it knows exactly which one did it.
Speaker 2: Well, we can't really prove it either way, but it's a better story if we say, yeah, he tracked that motherfucking down, give me my footback. Fuck yah.
Speaker 1: Crocodiles are terrifying. They're so dinosaur like.
Speaker 4: When you see me, literally I got to hold the stick with the chicken on it.
Speaker 1: Oh no way, how did you put your hand up for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe the Queensland crocs are less vicious, because in Darwin they were like everyone, get back. Don't even like lean your hands on the railing of this boat because they'll come and fucking eat it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it nearly ate the stick?
Speaker 1: Did it almost pull you in?
Speaker 4: That was behind a fence.
Speaker 2: It's horrible.
Speaker 1: I went to Australia Zoo and so Robert over when he was a kid. Do the show?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 2: It's really weird that that family have built a whole living of getting up close in person with crocodiles. I know, imagine being born into that and you're like, I actually fucking hate crocodiles. The miracle that Bindi and Roberts share their enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: I want to be a baker. They're like, no, you'll rear this crocodile from hand, like it's a bit brutal. Its fucked all right, shall we go guys? Sure, Okay, if you want, we probably should. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, we hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today.
Speaker 1: That's all so, so we fucking do, and we'll see you guys in a couple of days. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: To catch you on Wednesday, and idiots wrap yourself in the hustling. Oh, we did good, Jen, I did.
Speaker 1: Good on my own, didn't need help from anyone else. We'll see we'll hustlers catch you on Wednesday. So are you idiots?
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: A podcast by a couple of meters.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.