Speaker 1: Welcome to them, Christian no common show podcast. Well, we're just marking your exit time waiters, which were bakery bands And during the abreaker, Jack just dropped what I would say is a stone cold killer fact to do with bread and one of the world's greatest human beings.
Speaker 2: The great David at Attenborough is older than the invention of sliced bread.
Speaker 1: Then we see that is a great killer fact.
Speaker 2: How so made to nineteen twenty six David Attenborough was born. Then in June nineteen twenty eight, Otto Raalveda invented the automatic bread slicing machine.
Speaker 1: Wowie, shit, all right, this morning we're looking for your killer facts. Have you got a great fact? Not an okay one, a killer fact? If so, we're looking for them for the good ish ones. All right, Jack, you let me know whether it's a killer or armadillo shells, A bulletproof oh kill a fact? The tiny pocket?
Speaker 2: Did they find the app by the way, if it makes it feel like they shot at hammadlo.
Speaker 1: Did one ricocheted off by accident and a guy was like bloody out, it's alive. That's only like a lot of great discoveries. That is why most bulletproof vests are kevlar and also made from the shout. I made that bit up, couldn't keep it going, all right? All right? Another one, the tiny pocket in jeans will originally come about for storing pocket watches.
Speaker 2: It's all right, all right.
Speaker 1: Have you got to kill a fact? Someone's we got from Facebook? From you guys, killer fact to see Joe's got Zebras always give birth to their babies in the morning, so they have the day to learn how to walk before the lines come out at nighttime.
Speaker 2: Amazing if true, that is a great one.
Speaker 1: This is This is from Robin. All the seas in the Pacific Ocean all make a different sound. What letter?
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I thought, I thought me too. I thought.
Speaker 1: I thought it's like there's an expert or no. Just from listening to the sego, I think that's the Indian Ocean. I want to live in that world more than just the sounds.
Speaker 2: I get you now, So ocean o c E Pacific Okay, I get you. Yeah, every sea let us c makes a difference to him. But that's a killer fact.
Speaker 1: I don't think it is. It made us look stupid, that's really It's like, oh yeah, another one. Adam's got this one. The time separating the stegosaurus. You know we love dinosaurs. The time separating the stegosaurus and the ty tyrannosaurs rex is greater than the time separating the t rex and me. Kill a fact. Jason webs double barrel listener posh. Three percent of ice in the Antarctic made up of penguin urine really kill a fact. Jes, there's more computing power in an average home toast of these days than there was Apollo leven that one. I thank good Land on the Mune. Yes, Lisa's got music was so good in the eighties. There were only four number one albums in the in the year nineteen eighty four. In other words, there was number one for so long, so long?
Speaker 2: Okay, what were they that would have been?
Speaker 1: That would have been? Have a good good producer? Would it rather just that she's cut and paste it for her web? But anyway, Jes, Cirkus Friday, We're lucky to even hear Jack. You divide the team with your corporate box behavior, all right, So have you got a killer factor in? You share it with us. You can give us a call if you want, or you can text them. In four seven five three one O four three. Carl Brighter. You're listening to the christ you know Carl Show podcast. We're looking for your killer fact. This morning Jack dropped a great killer fact about the great Sir David Attenborough.
Speaker 2: He is older than the invention of sliced bread two years. He was born in May nineteen twenty six, and then in June nineteen twenty eight came along the invention of sliced bread thanks to Otto Roveather.
Speaker 1: All right, so that's what's waiting for you. The fact that you share with the seat dropper is a killer fact. And for the good ones. All right, some coming on text. You can text him if you want. This is from Benjamin Killer Fat. Humans have stripes. There are seven different types, and we can only see them under black light. Cats can see them all the time.
Speaker 2: If true, kill a fact hard to believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the distance between your elbow and your writs. Yeah, all right, let's go to Nick here. Good morning, Nick, Good morning Christian. Now Nick, course, she kill a fact for us, kill a.
Speaker 3: Fact every mile grows taller than their mum.
Speaker 1: Why aren't we breeding giants? If this trend continues, why aren't we mega humanoids?
Speaker 2: I think over time, humans are getting taller and taller.
Speaker 1: So we start off as a little tiny people.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, we were smaller. That's why doors used to be smaller.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, that is not a kid of fat.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm not sure if that's I've.
Speaker 1: Never been to like or seen a movie set years ago where there's tiny crawling through a tiny.
Speaker 2: Don't like if you, especially in England, if you go to an old castle roaming with tiny doors.
Speaker 1: They got the biggest doors castles now. No, but like the carriage is going through them.
Speaker 2: The entry ways are huge, but then your little doors in between each don't you have to duck under them?
Speaker 1: Nick, we love your kid a fact.
Speaker 3: Though, and are going see it's true.
Speaker 1: I wonder if anyone then so it's males are grow up to be taller than their mothers.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, and Nick, have you heard this as a fact, because it sounded like you just said, you know, it's a theory that you've had.
Speaker 1: It's just an observation.
Speaker 3: No, no, you think it's somebody that you know, Jack but shorter than their mom. Put it out to the listeners. I guarantee you won't get one person pulling in.
Speaker 1: Are you shorter than your mom. If you are, please call nine four one four one o four three, or if you're a mother and you know you're taller than your grown up son, nine four four three Nick. For now though, we think it's a killer fat Nick. Okay, that's the calling, buddy. How a nice weekend.
Speaker 3: You guys are the best.
Speaker 1: Bless you, Grace, Good morning, Grace, Yeah, Grace? Hi, hello, Grace? How old are you?
Speaker 4: Tim?
Speaker 1: Well? Thank you very much for given us a call this morning. You've got to kill a fact for us? Have you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: What is it? Grace?
Speaker 4: But their mouth?
Speaker 1: Say again, what does it do with a sloth?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Softs don't like they have make gas from their mouths.
Speaker 2: Wow, so they pretty much they fight out of their mouths.
Speaker 1: Yes, technically, yes, right, technically. And how do you know this?
Speaker 4: We did an information report and they said that we could do an animal and I said that I wanted to do a swath.
Speaker 1: Why did you put the sloth? You just like them?
Speaker 4: I just love them. If you go into my room, all you'll see is swoth.
Speaker 1: All right, So you've got a sloth themed bedroom. Yes? Now, what's an information report? Is that like a sort of school report?
Speaker 4: Sometimes it is. It's where you share your learning and your knowledge to your parents, and you just talk about how animals adapt from their habitat.
Speaker 1: Oh, that sounds really interesting. Can you remember anything else that was interesting about sloths that you can share with everyone listening right now?
Speaker 4: Grace, sooths are actually humans, but they're just really tired, but they come from as fast as any animal in the water.
Speaker 1: This works too. That is a great one, Grace. I love both of them, really great. Grace, thank you very much for you us a cool morning spoke. So well, we're going to send you a prize. Okay, thank you all right, have a lovely long weekend. Thank you very much, Grace. It's going to Reese here has got to kill a fact as well. Ree Good morning, Good morning guys. How are we We're good, Reece. What have you got for us money? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 1: Japan is the only country in the world where two of its largest cities on population are an anagram of each other. They got Tokyo, yep, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: That is a great one. Gus all a good question. You're getting a pub quiz, recee. Thank you very much. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast. Christian, I've got to kill a fat for you and Jack, Australia is wider than the moon.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, Jes.
Speaker 1: Jack's right about tiny doorways. If you go and have a look at Captain Cook's cottage and Fitzroy Gardens, tiny tiny doorways, people used to be much shorter. That's from Alison. I'm not sure about that, you give. It's made up, made up, Christian. I'm not sure about that fact about every human male grows to be taller than their mum. I'm fine for four. My mum is five ft seven. I know I've measured. It's it's rubbish. That's the hard shell used on Eminem's is made of shellac, which is made from bug feces. Wow, I don't believe that to be true. All right, let's go to the lines. We've got Mel on the line. Good morning mail.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hi Christian.
Speaker 1: How are you. I'm good Mel. You're having a good week.
Speaker 3: I'm having a great week, darling. It's I'm hitting up to Malwiler tomorrow for the weekend, so I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jo, your long weekend, so thank you, and what can you tell us about Nick's earlier Killer Fat that human males grow up to be taller than their mum's.
Speaker 3: Well, I've heard that by right said is supposed to be true, But my son's shorter than me. I'm five ft nine and my son's five fort six and there's nothing wrong with him. But his father was really short.
Speaker 1: On the radio, wrong spoken on your mom? Can? I mean? I still love it.
Speaker 3: It's father was sure. He's only five.
Speaker 1: Two and how old is your poor son?
Speaker 3: Thirty four? He's not poor, he's gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Absolutely warming up to it now, aren't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's lovely. But yeah, no, my my, I'm five nine and his father was five for two and he's kind of worked out in the middle, you know what I mean? So yeah, but it's the guys. In fact, it's supposed to be like that, but not necessarily so you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, Now, enjoyed that long weekend. I will take camil by.
Speaker 3: Hey listen, Christian, I always say, mate, you're the same height when you're lying down.
Speaker 1: David's a fact too far, David, Welcome to Killerfact Central. What have you got for us? David? There you go, guys. Back in the nineteen thirties, Australia went to war with the EMUs and lost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is an amazing story of Australian history. Not just that, wasn't it too EMU Wars where they went and learned less than the Australian Army knew a bit more about tactics.
Speaker 1: It was a closer fight, but the EMUs one. Not once but twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, David, three or four years ago we went down a deep hole of war. Because I remember we found out that they were making a movie at the time you speaking of about it. It was John Cleees, Jim Jeffries with the star in the Great Emy War movie and Moby was going to do the sound.
Speaker 1: But David, you're right. It's an incredible story, isn't it. The Emy Wars. It's just amazing story. Back in the nineteen thirty so listened one hundred years ago.
Speaker 3: We couldn't be doing.
Speaker 1: No, not once but twice. That's a beautiful thing. Twice, David. That is a great killer fat though, thank you very much you called, David. Enjoy the long weekend here you two renee, good morning, good morning, all right, kill a fat What have you got for us?
Speaker 6: That the benefits of coffee beans was discovered by an Israeli goat herder when he noticed that his goats were chewing on the beans and getting kind of rowdy.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, enjoy your coffee.
Speaker 2: It sounds like the goats were horn on it.
Speaker 3: They were just energize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you can't buy something called horny goat weed. What happened twenty years ago? They think before viagra there was horny goat weed. What was it? Was it caffeinated goats? That is the same Israeli go and I didn't discover how you came discovered horny goat weed? So is that true? The origin of coffee beans realizing that they can energize someone to think, basically energize goats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's what Google says, So I'm going with it.
Speaker 1: Rene kill a fact, Thank you very much. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast