Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week.
Speaker 2: They might welcome back guys to TV Reload. As you may know, my name is Benjamin Norris and this is your podcast to get all the inside goals on the popular TV shows that you may be watching from around the world. Undeniably, our TV sets are still a major part of our home entertainment, and yet very little is known about how our favorite shows get made. So each episode I've been finding the guests that want to dive just that little bit deeper into the shows that they're currently making, so that you can hear all the exclusive stories and gain access to some of the biggest names in Australian television. I want to thank you for downloading or subscribing to my podcast. I love hearing your feedback, so make sure you leave a review or a comment on your chosen podcast platform. On today's podcast, I have the next three eliminated housemates from Big Brother Australia now on Channel seven.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: Big Brother seems to be evening up the scores with two boys being eliminated straight after intruder Bella was evicted on Monday night. Jake and Ollie worth scent packing, and now I'm pretty sure certain that the only way to survive this House of Love is to be in a relationship. Last week, I said that the show seemed to have veered away from strategy and nomination talk, but as the numbers are dwindling, we are starting to see the players like Louis and Dion making some bold choices in an attempt to make it.
Speaker 3: To the final three.
Speaker 2: First up, I will chat to Bella, the Melbourne and gymnast who came in as an intruder and stirred up the house with a sparkling personality and good looks. I will chat to Jake and Ollie straight after that, and I will get the boy's perspective on everything that went down while they're in the house. Obviously, both boys attends, and I will be talking to them about why a love story didn't eventuate for either of them. I will find out from Bella if that kiss with Jake was something she was actually into and if she would have pursued a relationship with him had she not been eliminated Jake and OLLI will then explain how the show could have gone if there wasn't a love theme with couples hooking up and if the eliminations would have been different if there wasn't so many couples at play. We will also find out how the elimination room has to be locked down before each elimination and why the housemates found it so hard to keep quiet during that time. Plus, we will get plenty of exclusives from behind the scenes of Big Brother Australia, which returns next Monday night on Channel seven at eight thirty. And if you've fallen just that little bit behind, make sure you catch up on seven Plus, which is also the exclusive home of Big Brother Uncut. Anyway, let's bring Bella into the podcast first and stick around to hear from Jake and Ollie as they discussed the third week of Big Brother for twenty twenty three. I have to ask you, how was that for an experience going into the Big Brother House.
Speaker 4: It was so different to what I expected to be honest, I think coming in late as an intruder, You're just I felt like I was dealt a really hardhead of cars, a lot more than I expected. I thought everyone would be a lot more welcoming when I went in, and I was so excited, and.
Speaker 5: Then I got there and I was like, oh, this is going to be task of mine.
Speaker 2: Did it last year? An actual fact, she had done it with me the first time with me. Her name's Leilah Sabritski, and she was so excited because when we first went into the old Big Brother, everyone welcomes everyone because you don't talk about nomination. It's less competitive and everyone's like, yay, let's get to know you.
Speaker 3: And she turned up and she was like, everyone was so mean to her.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that's how I felt.
Speaker 4: But the thing was, I feel like everyone thought I was so strategic and like had on this front, and I had no idea what the hell was going on.
Speaker 5: I just had zero game plans, zero anything.
Speaker 4: Was so oblivious to anything going on, and I really wasn't a part of that many like nomination chats anyway. Yeah, I just felt like very like excluded and just people weren't willing to give me much time of day.
Speaker 5: More so from the girls.
Speaker 2: I think those girls seemed super duper clique and it was giving me high school vibes. I actually felt like I was in year ten.
Speaker 4: Oh, I really got that as well, and I thought that I went in I was so nice to everyone.
Speaker 5: I was like, yet nothing but nice to all the girls.
Speaker 4: Wasn't there sitting in the die room talking and crap about anybody?
Speaker 5: And I was just copying it, and I was like, I don't. I really didn't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Would you game be any different had you gone in as an original?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Do you think that a click in that alliance for everyone was already formed, regardless as to whether they went on the train.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think you look at the strong people in the house. They're all the original people who went in and like didn't even go on the train for the majority of it, bar one or two.
Speaker 5: But they were just so solid, and I mean you can see why.
Speaker 4: I guess you go in, you're in this new experience and you're a bunch of certain people quite quickly, and when I went in, so I think they started. They all went in the house on the Monday, and I went in on the Friday, and I was shocked.
Speaker 5: It was the first thing I noticed when I went in.
Speaker 4: How close everyone was, how these relationships had formed, And I was I really, I didn't expect that at all.
Speaker 2: I threw a glass of water in someone's face because I came in late and I was I think three days late, and they one of the housemates said to me, Oh, the original housemates, we've got a bond that none of you will ever have. You know, you're not a real housemate or something, and I threw a drink in their face.
Speaker 5: Good on you, Honestly.
Speaker 4: I saw a comment on one of the Instagram posts that I should have thrown a glass of water at my ace, so I should have followed suit.
Speaker 2: Look, I advise against it. People still come up to me in the supermarket and tell me off for throwing it because the kid that said it to me was eighteen and I was thirty two.
Speaker 3: So look, it wasn't appropriate.
Speaker 5: It wasn't appropriate, but you know, sometimes it.
Speaker 3: Is what it is, you know.
Speaker 2: I felt like you walked in, I mean with the backflips and the front flips and everything. You kind of are like camelman. You sort of walked in like cat dip for all those boys.
Speaker 3: Did you have any genuine feelings for any of these male suitors?
Speaker 4: So when I went in, I went in with TJ. And I when I first met him, like just before he went in, I was like, wow, like he's gorgeous, And I was like, like if this is what I'm getting on, like my first you know, taste of big Brother.
Speaker 5: I was like a lots of.
Speaker 4: Everyone I was going to be like but anyway, so yeah, I went in and TJ and I were in the King Queen Sweet, I think for five nights.
Speaker 5: And I think it's hard to not form a bit of connection with someone. I genuinely really liked.
Speaker 4: TJ a lot, so I regardless of whatever happened with the challenge and the girls. When he kind of left and winter Ari like, I was devastated.
Speaker 5: I remember sitting.
Speaker 4: Awake that night after we came out of the King and Queen Sweet, after the pants night, and I just sat there with my eyes over, just.
Speaker 5: Staring over at the like are you freaking serious? I was kind of done after that in a way.
Speaker 4: I feel like once he was like out of the picture, I was like, well, I'm not.
Speaker 5: That interested anymore. I really liked TJ.
Speaker 4: I think he's some one that on the outside I could see working was similar in personality, and I think she's a really nice guy. I really liked Jake and I think we were really really close in the house, but not in a romantic way.
Speaker 2: I just was gonna say to you about Jack. I'm when you guys had that kiss. I think everyone who's ever had an unrequired kiss in their life has this face when you pull away, which is like, oh God, thank god it's over. What was that kiss really like for you? What was going on my mind?
Speaker 4: You're not the only one who said that to me and made a comment on my face when that ended that kiss. So, like I said, we were very close and I think he really helped me get through the last few days. He was someone who I really felt like was a friend in there. However, we were having our chat saying you know that we backed each other and you know that we've got each other and look after each other, and then I kind of felt like it was coming and I almost had to get up to go away, and he like pulls me back down in his oh you know, just like it was a goodbye, and I was like, oh no, Like I couldn't. I just felt too bad to say no in that moment, and I was like, oh my god, what have I done? Because I don't have romantic feelings for him whatsoever. And I walked away from that. I was like, please, this needs to end, like oh my gosh, like.
Speaker 5: What have I just done? And he's a sweetheart. But yeah, that definitely wasn't what I expected to.
Speaker 3: Come Bellaji, you know what it was like for me?
Speaker 2: It was like helping an old lady across the road and then she asks you for fifty dollars. That's what it reminds me of.
Speaker 4: Honestly, that's kind of how it felt. That's a very good analogy. It's not something I really wanted to happen. It just kind of happened, and it happens quickly, and I didn't want to say no and break the poor little kid's heart again.
Speaker 5: So I don't know, it's just a whole ordeal.
Speaker 2: I thought that the chemistry between you and Louis was much stronger than Jake's, like as in, actually it felt much stronger than most of the others.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was just.
Speaker 2: Genuine friendship, But how do you describe your relationship with Louie.
Speaker 4: So Louis and I actually had met our audition, and I think we went in there and saw each other and it was a familiar face and we got along as a friend like as a friendship. And I don't know if I can say this or not, but it might give a little bit of perspective is that I kissed Louise's housemate and best friend about a week before I went into the house, who had known me through Louis, because Louis was like, I love this girl. And then so he'd seen me on Instagram and I saw him at an event in Melbourne and then kissed his friend. And then I was like, well, what have I done. I've just ruined my chances to be brother now. So then I went into the house and Louis was told that I'd kissed his friend an hour before he went into the.
Speaker 5: House, So that shut the door on us from the get go.
Speaker 4: So the whole ordeal with Monee everything nothing was ever going to happen with Louis, like we were a friendship. It was a familiar face, like it was comfort, but nothing was ever going to happen. And that was infuriating for me with this constant back and forth with Manette, and I was like like, I'm just not interested. He's not interested, Like nothing's going to happen. So that was so frustrating.
Speaker 2: This is like I feel like what must have happened with Money is that she could sense that there was some connection between you and Louis, which was just that little bit of backstory that you would not have been allowed to explain to her it even happened. I think she must picked up on that and run with it. But I mean her jealousy towards you was really her biggest downfall. Like I think if she makes it towards the end, she's gonna be hurdled to overcome with the audience because they were pretty savage about her last night and how unfairly jealous she was towards you.
Speaker 4: I don't understand because she's a gorgeous girl, and so I was just like, what do you have to be threatened about?
Speaker 5: And what do you have to be jealous about?
Speaker 4: Because like she is, she's beautiful, and so I was that took me back a little bit and I think, yeah, that may definitely be a bit of a down for her moving forward in the house. But in saying that, TJ did message me when he like, over the last few days and we've been watching the episodes, and he was like, I hope that Mane can watch this back and actually really reflect on her actions and hopefully you know better herself and you know, reflect and see how she acted is not necessarily okay. Where she struggled the most, and I think people could probably see in the pants episode is that she seeks validation and in how she feels, and I mean everyone wants a bit of validation for how she feels. She was very upset, but she struggles to give that validation to other people as well and to acknowledge how they're feeling. And in that moment, I felt like I was in probably the worst situation I've met alongside Jake, but tj was in another room with another girl, and then I was stuck in bed in the middle between Louis and Manet, and Manee got everything she possibly wanted in that situation, like it couldn't have been better for her. She was in bed next to him. I said to her, I said, I feel bad for you. I feel in the middle of it. I don't know what I can do, like put on a jumper like I put on like shorts so we weren't touching.
Speaker 5: She's sitting there in a g stream.
Speaker 4: With Dion and then saying that I'm the problem, that I'm being flirty and this, and that she just can't give that validation to how other people must feel in a situation like she just needs it.
Speaker 2: She also was saying that you were disrespectful of her in that final nomination room.
Speaker 3: How did she come to that.
Speaker 4: Conclusion, I'm not sure, And I think at that moment in the eviction room when she said that, I like I knew she probably wasn't my biggest fan because I knew she was threatened about Louis, But in saying that, I still continue to try and put in effort. And then when that came out in the eviction room, I was like, wow, like this is this is where like we really stand and this is how you really feel. And I just I didn't know what I possibly did to give her that impression, and you know, to feel like I was disrespectful.
Speaker 5: Like I said, we're in the pants. The first thing I did to Louis was like, how.
Speaker 4: About we just go put on a jumper, put on like shorts because we're in swimwear prior like just cover up a little bit, make everyone else feel better. I did possibly know because as much as lou and I were close, where he stayed so separated and didn't really talk a whole lot purely for her benefit. So I was like I Falla had done everything I could.
Speaker 2: What is your relationship with Louis look like now? Would you say that you're still friends or is there well?
Speaker 4: Well, following from Big Brother when I edited that house, I was dating his friends for the last year, so Louis and I have been living together for the past year a year.
Speaker 2: Or so, you know, you and Taylor and Jake all ended up being nominated. Would that have looked differently if you had have won the challenge? Like, who would you have put up for nomination?
Speaker 5: This was definitely something I thought about. I wasn't sure.
Speaker 4: I kind of just wanted to like shake things up a little bit, and it would be smart to not put up these safe people like Taylor, to like not vote out and actually put up three strong people. So I was probably thinking maybe Lewis, potentially Manet that's probably expected. Maybe someone like Grace you may, although I love Grace, he may, but Grace you.
Speaker 5: May, or the sisters.
Speaker 4: Really I guess like those strong players because I think that really could have turned the game around and changed the game.
Speaker 5: So I guess I didn't.
Speaker 4: Have the strongest relationships compared to the rest of the housemates, so it probably would have been a little bit easier for me to put one of those people up.
Speaker 2: I'm a bit of a strategist, so my strategy would have been at that point to put the sisters up, Monet and Louis, and I would have put you know, the girls up there, because they were so strong and you could clearly tell that they had some sort of alpha female situation happening. And then I would have put Louis and Monee up together to basically put them on the same platform and say you're both irrelevant, do you know what I mean, Like just just to make a statement to the two of them that you know, and I felt like that might have been a strong way to go about I actually.
Speaker 5: Really agree with that.
Speaker 4: I think Louise really now just starting to show his strategy a little bit.
Speaker 5: And it didn't while I was in the house.
Speaker 4: It didn't really come across to me that he was really playing the game, But I think now it's starting to come out a little bit. So yeah, And I think it's hard with the sisters because they've got relationships because they're playing as one person. I've got relationships on either end, so you know, Tay had Josh and that was like a safe Bet and then Ari had Jake, and then Ari had TJ.
Speaker 5: So they're just safe because I've got.
Speaker 4: So many connections, and they were both kind of coupled off, you know, with various people, but coupled off, So it's almost a safe bet for them being in there.
Speaker 2: Well, they're kind of a four now, you know what I mean, Like, once you're in a relationship, you're a two in the history of Big Brother, a relationship something really quite strategic if you want to align yourself with someone because ultimately then you're voting as two people. So like the fact that these sisters both are in relationships, it's like they're playing as a four, which is almost indestructible kind of behavior is like its beat them, Yeah exactly, I mean Iri Tay. I was just going to say about the two of them. They really quite surprised me with putting you up for nomination and actually putting the people that they did select. They then tried to blame the other sister in that scenario that I.
Speaker 5: Noticed that as well. That was such a cop out.
Speaker 3: I saw straight through it though, so weird.
Speaker 5: I can't believe Iri put Jacob.
Speaker 4: They like they were such a big part of each other's journey from the start to this point, and so I think you'd have that loyalty.
Speaker 5: And even TJ and.
Speaker 4: I, like, he didn't vote for me, he supported me and had my back, and yeah, so I was shocked that she put Jacob and then even Taylor as well. Like Taylor, they were all quite close, I mean, but for Ari. I actually, besides the TJ situation, I actually kind of got along with Ari quite well, and especially looking back, I'm like, oh wow, Like like she was someone I was quite close to, like in the last few days prior to my viction, so I kind of valued her quite a lot. So I did feel quite alone and isolated from the girls. Tay, on the other hand, I didn't have that much to do with Tay really, So yeah, I was quite shocked that they put me out. If I understood, I could see why. But yeah, especially Jake, I was shocked.
Speaker 2: I'm going to put my detective hat on with this, and I felt like when I caught up with Zach, Zach was telling me that you and him had a conversation that was not on camera, which was that you guys would go after couples, you know, moving forward if you survived you go after couples. Do you think that the sisters were onto that gameplay from you and that's the reason why they targeted you.
Speaker 4: I don't think they were aware of that and you in all honestly, I can't even remember that conversation with Zach, but I can imagine that we probably I probably would have been a passing conversation, just like, oh, it'd be interesting to put up a couple. You know, three people who are in a couple, so for example the sisters Josh Louis or sisters Josh Manett and put someone in a couple, because I could see how that would change the game. But in saying that I wasn't following this strategy, it was just like probably a passing conversation with Zach. So no, I just think everyone was just nervous that didn't know what I was going to do.
Speaker 2: We need to talk about Mattie Rose. With Mattie Rose, she looks genuinely terrified inside the Big Brother House. I don't know whether or not she applied for the wrong show or what's going on there with her, But because she came in as an intruder, did you feel any responsibility to look after her? And was it like adopting a terrified cat look.
Speaker 4: I think Maddie Rose is very young, and I think for me coming in late, I know how hard it was, and that was on day four, and for Maddie Rose coming in at the.
Speaker 5: End of week two would have been extremely hard.
Speaker 4: And she actually just voice messaged me this morning saying like, how you just don't even have a chance when you go in late and you're just like the next person on the chopping block for everyone. I probably could have been someone who looked after Maddie Rose a little bit better than what I did. I think she came in and had a kind of crappy last few nights and I was just kind of over it a little bit. So I feel like I was definitely a little shut off and just wasn't probably as welcoming as I could have been to her, just in reflection, but yeah, I just think like, you just don't expect how hard it's going to be, because I think.
Speaker 5: You're going being like I'm going to meet all these amazing people.
Speaker 4: And have all these great friendships and it's got to be great, and then you go in there and then you're just targeted and people weren't willing to get to know you, so I can really empathize with how she would have felt.
Speaker 2: I like to think of it like there's only so much you can do for someone who feels cassick in the.
Speaker 3: Car, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, Yeah, they're get to spew on you, so you might as well just hope for the best and be like, you're on your own sister.
Speaker 5: You're on your own sister.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, and for her, I think her and Ollie come in and I was lucky that TJ. I came in together and we developed a really close relationship. I feel like we just felt like we backed each other and we had each other and we were like our person in the house because we came in together. I don't think Maddie Rose and Ollie had that same bond, so I think she probably would have felt quite isolated.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I'm asking everyone this, not what you know now, but what you thought when you came out of the show. Who did you think was going to win when you left?
Speaker 5: When I left, I thought Louis was a goner.
Speaker 4: And I think when I went in there, he was up for nomination and was in the eviction chair. So I thought Louis was a goner. I thought Gracie May Lewis.
Speaker 5: I thought they were the two strongest people in the house, and probably the sisters.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that you say this because if you're reading the fan forums, you know Lewis and Gracie May and Dion have all kind of penetrated the fan base. You know, they're all very well celebrated, and they're kind of the housemates that back in the day would have won Big Brother.
Speaker 4: I think if it was public voting, then Gracey may Lack would be, like you said back in the day, someone who would definitely win.
Speaker 5: I'll go all the way. But I guess you just kind of have to find out.
Speaker 4: I just think they've got such big personalities, you know, the entertaining to watch, and they would be really really strong contestants. And I think because it's in house voting, it's more based on relationships.
Speaker 5: It's so different.
Speaker 2: What is something from behind the scenes, something that we didn't get a chance to see, something like a behind the scenes secret of your time in Big Brother.
Speaker 4: I would say maybe two things I'd say TJ and I think were a lot more serious than probably what was led on on the show. Yeah, we're a lot more serious, I think, so him leaving together Ari was like a big deal. The other thing was I feel like this would just stir the plot if I say it. But when we had the kiss cam challenge, big brother would call us into the diar room and like try and play matchmaker and be like who do you want to kiss? And Josh and I got a kiss, but we both had a mouthful full of food. And so then we were upstairs at the pool and then we were walking down and he was like, oh, who did you say to me brother?
Speaker 5: You want to kiss?
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh you He was like yeah, I asked if we could have another kiss, and then he also said, oh, it's like you'd come in.
Speaker 5: Earlier, I would have coupled up with you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I thought that was interesting because I didn't show much of our relationship with us talking.
Speaker 5: So that's maybe a little bit of goss.
Speaker 3: That's a bit of goss, absolutely, and I love I'm here for it. I love a bit of goss. To be honest with you. Well, now that you single again, did you say your single again?
Speaker 5: Yes? I'm a single gal.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's just leave this podcast on this if you could reinvest in a relationship with one of these men now that it's twelve months later, not that you're really going to do this, but who would be the who would be the man from Big Brother this year that you would still go for?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I like probably TJ. We talk every single day still to this day. We FaceTime. Last night we FaceTime and watched the end of the episode together. We talk all the time. I went to Queensland recently, we went out to dinner. It's just hards. We live in a different state, so we have a really good connection and I think that's definitely something that I don't know what would happen with it actually, but we get along really well still. So I think we're the real love story of Big Brother.
Speaker 3: I'm here for it. I think it's a perfect match. Bella.
Speaker 2: I just want to say thank you so much for being so generous with your time. I have thoroughly enjoyed unpacking Big Brother. Will your Big Brother experience today? Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: No, thank you. I've enjoyed it as well.
Speaker 4: It's been really good to speak about it with someone else who's got a bit of insight so it's been really good.
Speaker 3: It's like therapy.
Speaker 5: It is like therapy, and much needed therapy.
Speaker 2: It is definitely really cool for me to be able to chat to these housemates. I hope you're enjoying it too, Bella was such a fun chat. And now stick around for Jake and Ollie who joined me to hopefully spill the beans on the most famous Big Brother in Australia. Very excited to be chatting to both of you. Now, Ollie, are you okay after that elimination last night?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, it was pretty brutal all the way it played out, but I guess it's just all part of the game. I think coming in so late was probably not in my favor, but yeah, a little bit heartbreaking, but is what is.
Speaker 2: I guess you seem to fare much better than your other intruder friend, Maddie Rose.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I think just been a little bit older, living out of home for a little bit longer, and that kind of stuff just probably helped me and that adapt quicker.
Speaker 2: I guess I was wondering with your elimination whether or not you felt this, but I kind of feel cross with Big Brother, Like it was almost like when he said you guys were still up for nomination. He was putting the squeeze vote on you because with Jake gone, you know, and just you being up against TJ, it just just seemed like he was trying.
Speaker 3: To push you out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if it was because I didn't make enough moves towards mine, but yeah, I think with Maddie rose Leving it sort of pushed me.
Speaker 6: Out as well.
Speaker 1: I guess one less person out for a visions made it pretty hard.
Speaker 2: Jake, you seemed to be king of the showers. What may be in the showers with all those boys so appealing?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know how that habit, but you know, thing led to another.
Speaker 8: We're just you know what it is when you're in there, You're just with the boys, and what you do is chat. And we're in there chat and having a laugh, and well, you know it, we're just running a market. And somehow we got hardly any clothes on. Honestly, I'm not too sure how I got that title of it.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you, Jake, who was the most genuine housemate that you came in contact with for this season?
Speaker 8: Believe it or not, I reckon analyse I thought she was really genuine. She was real, authentic. Every time I spoke to her, it it felt real. It didn't because other times in there, I'll talk to people and when they would walk away, I would question if they're being fake, if they're going to backstab me.
Speaker 7: If they're gonna evict me.
Speaker 8: Analise, I don't know, but I just felt like she was genuine and it was too early for her, and.
Speaker 7: She really, I really did. I really did feel for her.
Speaker 8: I feel like she was playing, not really playing the game, playing playing with her heart.
Speaker 7: I felt like she was really genuine towards all of us.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you hook up with her? I mean, this is the thing that I couldn't work Jake. But on television you're like a ten, but the reaction to you from some of the girls was like you're a two.
Speaker 3: I couldn't work out what was going on with that?
Speaker 8: Why don't I get Yeah? Why don't I get with Analyse? And she's a tough cookie, a crack she doesn't fall easy. I think I think she needed time. You know type of girl would like to get to know someone, really get to hang out with them more. Shere you know, she's not going to rush into anything and in there, Yeah, she was only in there for a fewyear, what a week, you know, and probably probably not enough.
Speaker 7: And I feel like I didn't get enough alone.
Speaker 8: Time with her, to be honest, So that's probably why we didn't really hook up. And at the same time, there was a lot of other beautiful girls in there, and all of them had an individual thing I really liked about them.
Speaker 3: Have you hooked up with any of these women that were in the show since the show finished?
Speaker 7: No, I haven't. I haven't actually hooked up any of them.
Speaker 2: So you've had a full year after the show and you're still the daycard hasn't been punched.
Speaker 7: Nah, No it has not. There has not, believe it or not.
Speaker 8: No, because sort of everyone coupled up. Man, they soon became a bit of a family to me after it, sort like, well in there and we all just we've met up a few times, and yeah, when I see them, they're just like just my family from this crazy experience. I feel like I kind of at the same time want to keep it like that, really good friends of family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, don't hook up with your family because that would be weird. Oli.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you you know, I saw in your last episode, you know, Gracie May, she really rallied around for you, even though you know you could see that she was sort of keeping you in for strategy. Did watching a back change the way in which you saw any of the housemates that you lived.
Speaker 6: With, that's a good question. No, I think they were really genuine to me in the house.
Speaker 1: I sort of got the vibe off of them that they were in it, sort of looking after me. So I guess watching back it is it is good to know that they had my back, but it's no different to how I felt in the house. I could feel the boys helped me to be a threat and wanted me out, But the girls are real genuine, So no, it's not really any shocked me.
Speaker 6: I don't think.
Speaker 2: Do you think that you'll end up staying friends with the boys more as life goes on, or do you think you'll have stronger relationship with the girls.
Speaker 1: I'd like to keep strong relationships with everyone from the house, Like I think they're all really good, genuine people. I've spoken to the boys probably a bit more than the girls, just naturally, like got lots more in common and it's always good, like Jakie loves going out for a beer, and a few of the other boys do as well, so that part of it's always my ali.
Speaker 2: But maybe they're just scared, you know, if they fly to Broom to see you, that they will never leave. They'll get married, and you'll have babies because you look like a.
Speaker 3: Very eligible bachelor. Even Jake's worried about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe one day down the track, something will eventually, but for now, I'm just going to keep crazy lone wolf.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you'll be won't be single for long. But I was going to say to both of you boys. You know, in a previous season of Big Brother, they did an elimination by making all the housemates in the backyard vote to people's faces, so who was up phenomenation.
Speaker 3: Everyone had to vote and yet to see who was voting. You.
Speaker 2: Do you think that might have been too brutal or do you think that might have been a good idea when you guys were lined up like that in Jake's elimination.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: It would definitely be brutal, but sometimes, like sometimes you have to be brutal. Sometimes people need that sort of reality check.
Speaker 8: I guess I wouldn't mind seeing it at the same time, the reality check, just to know where everyone stands, what they think of you, And yeah, definitely would have loved to see that, especially for the one that titched me over that one vote.
Speaker 2: I think the rest of the season is really going to be a big talking point. Is going to be d on dodging the boys in that vote. Yeah, Jake, do you think that was very unforgivable?
Speaker 7: Yeah, what he.
Speaker 8: Did definitely, because we met him were AG's well from the start. That definitely hit hard. I didn't see that coming at all. I had no idea.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I thought it was sweep the whole way with him.
Speaker 2: My head still scratching that entire moment. Ollie, what did you think? Did you think that this might be his undoing? Will audiences be able to even forgive him if he makes it to the end for the public vote, because it's a pretty it's a pretty bold move that he's managed to try and get away with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely a bold move.
Speaker 1: I think some people be discussed her, but also a lot of people would understand where he was coming from, Like it is pretty brutal in the house. You have to make calls and I think, like you said earlier, if you had to make those decisions face to face, the outcome probably would have been different.
Speaker 6: But because it's all disclosed how it is, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting to see how it plays out with the audience and Dion for the rest of the show.
Speaker 2: The thing that really bothered me the most about it was Dean was in the diary room explaining his lies on lies on lies, but he threw something out and didn't claim it to be a lie. He said that Grace he May said to vote Jake. Quote was Grace Hee May said, go Jake.
Speaker 3: Did I miss that? I mean, what did you think about that?
Speaker 7: Jake?
Speaker 8: I saw that it was on there, like when we all lined up, you see it quickly grab him whispered, say you go, Jake, and she just gave him that look, and I think he knews straight away. Yeah, suthing's up. The girls are gunning for me. Yeah sucks, especially when Gracie we got pretty close in the house. I think, yeah, he knew something was going on. I think he was trying to he was playing the game. He was playing the game. He wanted to really tip the scale and stir the pot I think he loves it.
Speaker 2: Do you think he was trying to be like the ultimate manipulator or an actual fact?
Speaker 3: Do you think that he was more.
Speaker 2: Trying to align himself with the with the girls, so he thought we're going to eventually have the power.
Speaker 7: I think he liked the manipulating part. I think he loves it.
Speaker 8: I think he'd love to you know, I stir the pot, loves the play. I don't know if he was lining up with the girls because it seems like he's still part of the boys game at the moment, So I think he was loving the challenge too, to keep it a secret and everything, So I think, yeah, I think he was loving the whole keeper. Yeah, the minipulage side. To be honest, I think.
Speaker 1: It's interesting like when you watch the show back and you see there are the little chats that you don't see when you're in the house, like the strategic chats, and you watch those back, and when you're in there you kind of think, like, you know, I wonder what everyone's saying.
Speaker 6: I wonder what everyone's thinking, where the boats are going.
Speaker 1: But when you watch it watch it back, it sort of all makes a lot more sense.
Speaker 2: Oli I was just going to say to you, you know, Louis for you was a really interesting male to be in there with, because you guys kind of look like alpha males, sort of rubbing each other the wrong way. But Louis is really coming across now as the mastermind of this game, which you know we're now seeing watching it back, like what we were talking about. But did you guys know that he was that strategic While you were living with.
Speaker 1: Him, you sort of got a feel that he was definitely inside the house. But watching back, you don't really realize how much control you had open people. And I think it was just like he almost made people fear him, had off to him, like he did really well to do that. But yeah, I guess watching back you sort of see how much control one person can have over a group of people.
Speaker 2: It's like he's the only person that read the rule book before playing Monopoly.
Speaker 6: One hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And sometimes I can't help think that if our roles are reversed and I always know j like how how things would have played out, I feel like I would have played a similar sort of game to him as well.
Speaker 2: Maybe I think that's just his nature though, like because he's a little bit like the silent assassin. He's kind of crept in from behind everyone, Olie, I don't see that in you. I don't necessarily see you. I think if you'd been in og coming in at the start, I think you would have just been who you, who you are. Couldn't imagine you being that manipulative like he like he has been.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if manipulative is the right word, but just just sort of like a natural leader. I think Louis obviously has those traits as a natural leader.
Speaker 3: What about Manet? Do you think if he hadn't hooked up with Mane?
Speaker 2: Do you think you too would be married and broom and onto your second child by now?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Potentially. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like me as a person's down it very hard to try and go for Mane. Why she was somewhat partnered up with Louis, and I know it just it just didn't for right to go against go for her fool hardly why she was in a situationship. So I can't help think that if if our roles were reversed, Yeah, what what would have eventuated?
Speaker 3: Jake?
Speaker 2: I can't help with wonder whether or not if this series wasn't the House of Love. If everything of evolved the way that it has.
Speaker 8: We still sort of deformed alliances of the boys and the girls.
Speaker 7: I feel alike, I still would have you.
Speaker 8: Saying, if there's the same people in there, the same sort of situationships would have happened.
Speaker 7: Is that what you're sort of saying.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sort of you know, everyone that went into the house knew that it was House of Love. Everyone knew that, you know, this series was going to be, you know, focused.
Speaker 3: On connections and relationships.
Speaker 2: I just wonder because the way that the series is sort of evolving, you can see that the people in relationships are being kept in the house longer, and they've got more of a strength against some of the single contestants. I'm just wondering if we took the relationships out of it, whether or not that would change the way in which people have been eliminated.
Speaker 8: Yes, I definitely reckon it would have, because I sort of feel like the couples sort of look after the couples in a way they sort of really they sort of feel for each other away because like obviously you got TJ and Ari and that together, and then you got Josh and Hay that together, the old They probably want to keep the couples together.
Speaker 7: Everyone's really lovely.
Speaker 8: They don't see like they don't really want to see anyone breaking up in a way.
Speaker 7: We're all little softies, to be honest in there.
Speaker 8: So I feel like it would have definitely panned out differently if there weren't that many couples in there.
Speaker 2: It's just so strange that it's now becoming very boys versus girls. I mean, that's what the debarcle seems to be now, and the girls very much are like, how do we get rid of boys? The boys like, how do we get rid of girls? You know, Ollie, what do you think about that? Has it become a battle of the sexes?
Speaker 1: Definitely seems that way at the moment, especially for the last couple of episodes. But yeah, I think I think what you were saying earlier, like, I can't help think if it wasn't hows of love to begin with, if.
Speaker 6: People would have coupled up the way they did.
Speaker 1: Obviously everyone could say that it was dave to being a couple, so that's probably why they eventuated the way they did. But it's an interesting one to think what would have happened if it wasn't love and just a traditional Big Brother.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's all I keep thinking about because it's interesting. You know, some of the personality types that in previous seasons of Big Brother would probably have won it all have done very well.
Speaker 8: The previous series. Normally couples are a threat, they go straight away. I thought, as well lean into it or went on previous ones. I thought, yeah, this is the couple. I think they normally get broken up pretty quickly if I'm not correct.
Speaker 2: I've always thought in my series of Big Brother, you know, before christ BC, the two couples that got you know, the couple that got together, they actually had a little bit more flex because they.
Speaker 3: Were really two people, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like they could vote and it was very clear because they were the same sort of personality type that they were targeting people and that was a double.
Speaker 3: Vote, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So it actually did hold a lot of power. But that was one hundred years ago, so it's a little bit different now.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what about though, who's going to Okay?
Speaker 2: So not what you know now, Jake, But what what about looking forward?
Speaker 3: When you left who did you think was going to win?
Speaker 8: I felt like maybe, I feel like maybe Grace you May honestly, because she was really loved in the house. She was she was in with the girls and boys like we loved her. I thought she was hilarious. She was like a bit of a.
Speaker 7: She was like a mother figure. So she should come have a chat to us for her upset. We're happy.
Speaker 8: She would always want to come chat. And yeah, she was everywhere. She could excel on all levels in that house, me personally, so I could see her going all the way to be honest.
Speaker 3: Ollie, what about you?
Speaker 2: Because you know, I thought what was interesting watching your last episode was how Gracie May was talking to Louis and Louie was trying to sort of Connor and say, you know, I want to take you to Final three, and she straight away was like, why would you say that? We don't even have a friendship, and she could see through his behavior. Do you agree, do you think that Gracie May when you left, is the standout to probably win this show?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Definitely think Gracey May was her favorite in my opinion. Yeah, it's a tricky one.
Speaker 1: She was definitely, like Jake said, she was definitely in with the and I don't know she was just she's just a real genuine funny cat.
Speaker 2: Well, just before you go, everyone who joins the podcast, I asked them this question, and Jake, maybe you can help me out with this, because this is a double elimination podcast episode. What's something from behind the scenes that we didn't get a chance to see, something like a behind the scenes secret of what it's like to be on Big Brother.
Speaker 7: Oh right, good question. May so much happen in there that you haven't seen trying I can say.
Speaker 8: The lockdowns, definitely before an eviction, you'd have to go into a lockdown, sit silently, and you weren't allowed to talk or anything. The cameras would be off, might be off. You just sit in there and dead silence, waiting to go into the eviction room. And there was a bunch of people filled with eighty HD that just can't sit still. And we're really just sitting there looking at each other, trying to talk, doing sign language, and we are getting in tro just because we just could not sit still in silence for half an hour. And yeah, a lot of us got in serious trouble having to sit facing the walls.
Speaker 7: Some of us got set in the other.
Speaker 8: Rooms just because we weren't able to keep still in this lockdown.
Speaker 7: That just hilarious.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that you prefer to everybody, and it's very true because you know, in the history of Big Brother, there's a lot of people that have now come out with ADHD diagnosis. So maybe the type of people that do Big Brother, you know, have ADHD.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely, all of us. Yeah, I definitely reckon, I've got it. It was.
Speaker 8: It was absolutely hilarious. No way we could sit still in silence for high half an hour.
Speaker 2: Why are they doing that? They don't want you to swap notes at that point. Is that what's happening?
Speaker 8: Because because the cameras are switched off, they want to capture reactions.
Speaker 7: They need. You need to see everything. You need to see what's going in there.
Speaker 8: I could be planning something the cameras are off, and then I'll cut capturing that on camera. So they said, sit there, silence, nothing, no emotion, nothing, would sit there doing sign languages at each other, sit there, paping faces at each other. You know, I will pass and taps onto the shoulder even you know, just muck around with them and we'll be I'll just sen to the laundry.
Speaker 7: I think one time to sit in the laundry thinking done.
Speaker 3: My favorite people in the world. Who are the kids at school that.
Speaker 2: Had on their report card is distracting in class? They're my favorite people, and I think that might be you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: I'll go currently about the hunger as well. Like I reckon, we were hungry nine percent the time.
Speaker 7: I lost five killers in there, and I was really a twig man.
Speaker 2: I get no weight to both of you had no weight to lose, but it has They're not trying.
Speaker 3: This is what I just want to clear.
Speaker 2: Up because one of the girls the other week said this is their secret, and then I had people writing in and saying do they try and staff people to make them look more attractive? It isn't actually that, because I spoke to one of the original producers. You know, in actual fact, you know, putting you in extreme situations like Big Brother and restricting food and sleep actually makes you behave more interestingly for the camera.
Speaker 3: So that's the fast.
Speaker 7: Thought to get reactions. Because you're angry, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: You're angry, You're.
Speaker 2: Going to say things that you don't normally say, which is the reason why they do it. So it's not to make people look more attractive because with the two of you, no offense, and not to sound creepy, but I don't think you could. I don't think either of you could look more attractive if you tried.
Speaker 7: No, stop it. You absolutely sweet up.