Speaker 1: It is to pick up Monday Britain Laura and MITCHIEA thanks to Chemisy House, great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: I had the most, possibly the most embarrassing thing ever happened to me on the weekends.
Speaker 2: Did you poop your pants? No, I've done that before, but no, this really topped it.
Speaker 3: Now. It was a beautiful celebration of two of my friends. Love. I went to a wedding and this is a couple who I have been friends with for oh gosh.
Speaker 2: Like eleven twelve years.
Speaker 3: They've been together since they were nineteen years old, and the wedding was a surprise wedding, so it was also their thirtieth birthdays and they wanted.
Speaker 2: To surprise all the guests. So it was so cute.
Speaker 3: So they had the wedding at the very same place that they had had their very first date.
Speaker 2: Eleven years ago.
Speaker 3: Sick.
Speaker 2: It was so gosh.
Speaker 3: It was a night club, which is kind of a bit of a weird place for a wedding, but it suited them perfectly.
Speaker 2: It was a fairytale tool was in the club.
Speaker 3: They had the actual ceremony over like near the big wine barrel, which was right next to the.
Speaker 2: Toilet, which is where they had their first dates.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, not the most romantic of settings, but also sentimental.
Speaker 2: It's suited them perfectly.
Speaker 3: I was one of the very few people that knew that it was actually a wedding and it wasn't just a birthday party. So I was in on the surprise because I got to design Steph and Hay.
Speaker 2: I could design their rings.
Speaker 3: So I had some very special jobs on the day of the wedding because nobody else knew that it was a wedding.
Speaker 2: So you were like the undercover agent.
Speaker 3: You were one of the speciale that had the inside of Goss with all like.
Speaker 2: I had really special jobs.
Speaker 3: One of my special jobs was that as it was the crescendo moment where it was moving from hey, guys, happy birthday into surprise, we're getting married, I got given the job that I had to set the sparklers alight that we're going to go on this beautiful, massive wedding cake. They had two wedding cakes that were side by side. Now there were three other people with me that also knew about it being a wedding, and so we got together and I was like, look, guys, I've done this before. Like, you know, I know I do kids parties. Your girl knows how to get like sparkler's lit and do it quickly. So I was like, everyone just hold them together. And we got these packs of sparklers. I had about ten sparklers in each hand and I tightly packed the sparklers. And then there's Matt with a little lighter clickie thing, and we're waiting for the moment, and then they're like, but we've got a great surprise. We're gonna light the candle and everyone's gonna sing Happy Birthday. And I was like, now go now, So Matt's he puts the lighter on and we light the sparklers. But it turns out if you get a whole heap of sparklers and you can pack them together and you light them at once, it turns into a bomb bomb. It's made out of gunpowder and the whole thing catches on fire like a grenade. Who thought it was a good idea? I mean, you did to put a bunch of highly explosive, flammable things together, pack.
Speaker 2: Them tightly, and then light them in a contained environment.
Speaker 3: So what happens is not just mine, but like all four of us, our sparkles catch on fire. Everybody is screaming. The fire alarms go off. My hand catches on fire, and I had to throw I had to throw dad ten sparklers.
Speaker 2: My hand's on fire.
Speaker 3: I threw all the sparklers, but the only place to throw them was on the wedding can't know the rest of the place was wood. So then the wedding cake was on fire. I was on fire.
Speaker 2: Everyone was screaming.
Speaker 3: People thought we'd done this on purpose.
Speaker 2: They thought that this was a They thought this was a trick TikTok.
Speaker 1: So it was a white cake. Did the icing immediately put them out? Or did they kind of continue to sparkle?
Speaker 3: It was meringue, so it caught on fire.
Speaker 1: So what are the bride and groom doing? Do they look at you with fear like you've ruined our special moment?
Speaker 3: Well, no, the fire alarm was going off, so everyone was up on chairs trying to blow the smoke out, opening the fire escapes, letting the smoke out. This is their special moment, and you have taken it all on yourself.
Speaker 2: It was yourself on fire. I made myself the center of the attention.
Speaker 3: Obviously, I was like, guys, everyone's getting way too much attention.
Speaker 2: Let's make this about man.
Speaker 1: I just say, as we talk now, Britt and we're live in the studio, Laura's whole right hand and bandy.
Speaker 3: My two fingers. I've burnt my hand. We finally turned the fire alarms off and everything, and then we have to say, hey, surprise, it's actually a wedding, And then everyone is truly surprised. It was still so beauty. It was a beautiful wedding, and everyone was crying, but I was also crying, but not because the wedding was so beautiful, so much so, not only did you, I mean, I'm glad, you're okay, now you've got burns, your hand is burnt, you're bandaged up, But not only did you like ruin that that really precious moment of the announcement, but you also completely toasted their marine cake.
Speaker 2: I have video evidence, and I have.
Speaker 3: On the show, and this is a PSA to everybody. Sparkles are actually very dangerous. Don't light all of them at once.
Speaker 2: It was a terrible idea.
Speaker 3: I think adult birthday parties, weddings. Do not set ten sparklers a light at one time.
Speaker 2: You will catch on fire. It's the most law so funny. We're glad you're right all right.
Speaker 1: Next time the pickup A. Courtney Kardashian has announced she's pregnant over the weekend in the craziest way ever. If you missed it, will tell you what she did. It's so extra. Next on the Pickup