Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, my seventy year odd ortter came home from school and just said to me, before even hello, just said, I need one hundred and seventy dollars. I said, the doors shut, the door the door isn't even shut, and already we open up this. I'm okay, by the way, I've had a nice day.
Speaker 3: How is your day?
Speaker 2: Let's just begin with that and then get down to the y you need. I need hundred and seventy dollars. I bought Oases tickets the other day. I'm down already. What do you need hundred and seventy dollars for? Oh? I've managed to get hold of lame way tickets for Charlie X. And I'm like, you have to ask for the money first. You don't just oh that is smart. You've already got the tickets. Now you're doing the whole. I said, okay, there's some scalper out there who's coming to money off you tomorrow. Yeah, So I said, okay, look, I'm okay, fair enough. Then I'll give you one hundred and seventy dollars, but you have to do one hundred and seventy dollars worth of work around the house this week. And she said fine, and then you go such out and went, well, hoover the stairs. And then a minute later, I hey this deliberate clanking on the stairs and said, oh god, stupid vacuum. Oh God, stupid vacuum. Then she goes, well, I don't even know how to do this. You've not taught me. Oh if all the money I put into your private education, you don't know how to hoover the flipping stairs. You have no right leaving home and going to university. You need to stay in for another year. Well, I teach you these life skills, such as how to vacuum the stairs. You do it sideways, or you can do this little shunty forward. That's it. You've got this. We can get through this together, all right. So we're talking about in one in one story, tell us how strict your parents were in her mind. This is she's now telling us kids, our friends today. My dad was so strict he wouldn't let me get Laane Way tickets and I'd hoover the stairs. Yes, yes, good money, yeah, nine four one four one oh four three. Robin, how soup. Are your parents?
Speaker 3: My father was so strict that I was almost eighteen going to the Driving movie with a male friend and he made her Auntie, his auntie come along, and then at the end had to show the ticket that that Auntie was really there watching the movie with us.
Speaker 2: A big fan of this. I have not got a problem with it. The horse has sadly bolted. Now, oh my, can't start doing this too late. Auntie in the backseat in the past in between. You've got to be You're the passion buffer, aren't you. Otherwise a hand can go with here and Hank can go there. Auntie's nodding off you, slipper a few wines or something. You know, you know what she is. She's an Auntie blocker, and you know what she's blocking. Robin, thank you very much his story. Let's go to Rob here, come on in, Rob.
Speaker 1: Yeah, morning, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 3: Rob?
Speaker 2: So how still your parents? In one story, my.
Speaker 1: Parents were so strict that they up and moved us from one town to another after my younger sister snuck out to a David Bowie concert to remove her from the bad influence of her friends.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, that is commitment be much extreme one we've heard. So what happened?
Speaker 1: Then she asked to go to this concert sort of six weeks in advance, got told no, was smart enough not to bring it up again. But then just so happened to be staying at a friends for that weekend and came home and got dropped off and said, oh, by the way, you owe this lady some money for the ticket, And then all hell broke loose. It was an interesting time.
Speaker 2: So then you had to move how many k's away?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, probably about five hundred. So he got a new job in a new town and we just up and left.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's seventeen yards. Water comes home today. I'm packing up. We're moving to a duke.
Speaker 3: This leigh wasting.
Speaker 2: I've had time to think about it. We're moving to a chuku. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast