Speaker 1: Come on hello everyone, I'd be Tuesday lightish guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, how we feeling? You're good?
Speaker 3: Feeling good? I'm so what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like something's going on.
Speaker 2: Nothing's going on.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: The two of people were making eyes before, and then I felt like I was left out at something.
Speaker 3: And now I'm worried that I've done something because.
Speaker 1: Britt and I were at the Logis on Sunday night talking about that. Yeah, well something happened at the table that we were kind of cringing at. So the performance shocked at shocked at the performance of the night at the Logies was James Bay International.
Speaker 3: I love him.
Speaker 2: We didn't realize how much you loved.
Speaker 4: I love him so much and my like my early thirties, my late twenties, and this was like my breakup album. So anytime I was going through a hard time, I would put this on and cry. Some people go for a Dell, I go for James Bay. I am obsessed with him.
Speaker 5: For number of times I have cried. Singing this song on repeat is unhealthy.
Speaker 2: That's Britain. I were shocked.
Speaker 1: We tried to film you because James was before me doing a great medally. He'd just flown in from the UK, and then Laura the only persons on her feet up clappy.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 3: I was side swaying.
Speaker 2: James.
Speaker 3: I'm not even ashamed. I'm not ashamed.
Speaker 2: I really love him.
Speaker 3: I love him really.
Speaker 5: Oh I love him too, And that's why I called him up and asked him to.
Speaker 3: Come into that James Bay.
Speaker 6: James, Now, I'm embarrassed. Hello, I want to hunt you, blendered his Hello. Okay, oh guys, this is a dreamer. He probably saw me from the back. I was the one right at the back of the thing. I was like slow clapping, and.
Speaker 5: He definitely did not you.
Speaker 2: You probably saw me up the back.
Speaker 1: He did not see you up Without taking credit, I've known each other for years.
Speaker 7: We know each other a long all the time, go way way back.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know too many people. I should have known this.
Speaker 1: So can I say we really this is the start of the show. We need to play some songs and then we'll talk to James.
Speaker 3: Yeah, You've gotten me through many a breakup, so I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: Okay, is that good thing?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm happily married with two children now, So it worked out okay in the end that.
Speaker 1: One of them is strug Okay, James is here with you. Happy to stay for a bit, James.
Speaker 7: I'm down to stay this. I've seen some doughnuts' they're for you. I brought all of them, I promise, all right.
Speaker 1: Say there guys. James Bays here with this on the pick up. After this, James Bays.
Speaker 2: Here in the studio. Hello, James, Hello, it's very nice to be here.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you're work here.
Speaker 4: But also I feel so stitched up now and out of my death because I've just added myself as a mad.
Speaker 3: Super fan and then here you are, and it was a surprise.
Speaker 7: I'm in Australia, the land of the stitch up. There's some beautiful.
Speaker 3: So we do to each other.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic, James.
Speaker 1: You performed at the Logis on Sunday night. Law was at our table on her feet dancing during Dan.
Speaker 3: Not Dance. Come On. I was saying.
Speaker 4: This album came out in twenty fourteen and it was my breakup symphony. It got me through every hard time. I was like, it's all right, everything's going to shit, but let's put some.
Speaker 3: James pay on and cry I don't know.
Speaker 2: On that album.
Speaker 7: Before I really lift people up. At the end of any song, I think, no, it's hey, things are tough. Maybe that's okay, but maybe you'll get through it. Maybe you won't, but you'll be all right. Put the album on again.
Speaker 3: I think it sometimes.
Speaker 5: Feels really good when your heartbreaking, to lean into the pain, though, and like I have sat in my car crying to let it go, singing like and I can't sing like screaming at the top of my lungs that many times.
Speaker 3: But let me just see if I can get this right.
Speaker 5: Let it Go streamed one billion, two hundred and fifteen and six hundred and fifty one, eight hundred and fifty seven times. Do you ever get sick of hearing your own song? I would love to know that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: I don't get sick of playing it. Touring around the world, I have arrived sometimes in like hotels, Like I remember a few different occasions where we pull up in like the bus outside the hotel and like all the hotel stuff, like stood around the like check in desk, looking a bit pleasing themselves, and the music's playing like it's so lame you yeah, respect, with all respect it's like, guys, I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: I just gotta that's what they think it'll love this, Well, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 3: It's huge.
Speaker 7: It's massively like flattering, don't get me wrong. But at the same time, no, I don't get tired of singing it for sure, and I've sang it a lot. I hope I get to sing it like way more than I already have. And on top of that, the moment when people are singing it back to me, and there's a really like obvious good moment in the middle of the song where we can hand it to the audience and they like scream it back.
Speaker 4: When you are writing, are you drawing from your own personal experiences?
Speaker 3: You're going through your own heartbreak?
Speaker 7: If I'm not going through my own, like and I go through I think we all go through heartbreaks about all kinds of different things. By the way, it's not always as straightforward as are breaking up or whatever. And then also the other thing I find myself drawing from is like and they remain anonymous, but like friends and people that I know are going through stuff, and like, sometimes even you get like affected by what's happening in a movie and I kind of love those stories. When some of my favorite songwriters were so inspired by like a story in a book that they wrote the most beautiful heartbreak song on the most uplifting song. It's nice to there's drawing from direct personal experience, and I'm always doing that in some amount, But then you can sort of glean things from all kinds of different things that happen around you in like culture or in life or whatever.
Speaker 5: So James, you, I mean, I hope I've got this right. You've been in a relationship since you were sixteen. What I'm getting married next year. What's your advice for maintaining a healthy long term relationship. We see people, especially in the entertainment industry, they're breaking up all the time.
Speaker 7: I think you take each day as it comes. I think it's one step at a time. I think you don't leap into the future, and you don't dwell on the part or even just sort of sit in the past too much, because you can just celebrating the past, and there's remembering it and all that stuff, but just try to be present.
Speaker 3: Do you asking for a friend?
Speaker 5: Do you sing it people's weddings.
Speaker 2: On the show?
Speaker 8: You Have Me Drawn?
Speaker 3: You have me then you got Yeah, yeah, I've done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, done it?
Speaker 3: When you get married. He lives in the UK.
Speaker 5: Actually he used to play for Celtics football team.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, we're getting married in Bali.
Speaker 7: Fantastic.
Speaker 5: So I've never been to Okay, let's happened. I'm going to get my people to speak to your Piero.
Speaker 1: Well you fell here for the LOGI so you fly for Brittany Hockley's events on Instagram.
Speaker 2: He's got on television anyway, I'm better exposed that listen.
Speaker 1: James brand new album, the fourth Studio album changes all the time. He's out October fourth. I mean, Laurie, you'll be there at JB High Fi bying the album first day it's out.
Speaker 4: Wat Sunday is still around because I'll be front and center getting my seat.
Speaker 3: Do I get this one signed before?
Speaker 8: Is for me?
Speaker 3: Instead?
Speaker 2: Albums out now James are the new single too Up all Night. Give that a stream.
Speaker 1: It's out, James, We love you, thank you for coming here and you're amazing. All right back after these other pick up.
Speaker 5: I know I'm probably talking about my wedding a lot, guys, but it.
Speaker 3: Is hopefully only going to happen once.
Speaker 5: You're real Well, it's consuming my life right now because I'm deep in wedding planning. But the funniest thing happened, and I say it's funny, It's not funny. It hurt my soul and it is going to hurt my bank account. So Ben and I were my fiance Ben. If you don't know, but Ben and I were on a FaceTime with my mom and dad and we were sort of running through some of the plans for the wedding.
Speaker 3: So it is a destination wedding.
Speaker 5: It's not happening in Australia because Ben's family's traveling from Europe.
Speaker 3: They're all in Switzerland going to Bali, which is the perfect place. Yeah, we're gonna go to Bali.
Speaker 5: But I was taught we haven't booked anything yet, but we know that's what it is. So I was running mom and dad through on the FaceTime about what the plans are and when it is, make sure they've got this week free, and Mum was like, okay, well I need to know exact details because I want to go and make sure I've booked accommodation on book flights. You know, parents are always so much more prepared, so I'm running them through and Mom I was like, Mum, don't worry about accommodation. Don't fret because Ben and I are going to cover your accommodation for those couple of days over the wedding. We have decided to pay for like our immediate family, just to thank you for traveling so far.
Speaker 3: Now immediate family six people in my family.
Speaker 5: Ben's got a couple of people in his family, so we just thought that was a nice gesture.
Speaker 3: She's like, that's so nice, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: And I was like, oh, good, Like we'll get into the find of details yet, like soon, but don't don't, don't worry yet.
Speaker 3: Hang up the phone.
Speaker 5: Within two seconds, I see a message like alert come down on my phone from Messenger Facebook Messenger there is a family chat that has all my aunties, all my uncles, all my cousins, like it is extended family. It's huge.
Speaker 3: And I see it two seconds later, drop down from my mum. Hey, everyone just got off the phone to bridge. She said she's gonna pay for everyone's accommodation for the wedding. So bad.
Speaker 4: I knew exactly where this was gonna go. Your dropped and how many people.
Speaker 5: Oh, probably like eighty people. It's like it's a huge thing. And I got I was like, oh, oh my god, Bend. I was still on the phone to band. I was like, my mom's just told the whole wedding that we're paying for them. So I get on the phone to Mom and I'm like, Mom, you need to get on there right now. You've misunderstood before anyone sees delete that. And too late, Annie's and Uncle's popping down.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so kind. Can't wait.
Speaker 2: It's they jumped on quick. They said free trip to Biley. I'm locking that in straight away, but.
Speaker 3: They probably weren't gonna come. It was gonna RVP no. And so I've got into damage control.
Speaker 5: I'm like, Mom, how do I backtrack my whole wedding and say that now I'm no longer paying for them.
Speaker 2: Cant, Brittany, you cannot pull that away from the family.
Speaker 5: Give it.
Speaker 3: I didn't give it to them.
Speaker 2: You can't offer it to your family and then say psch prank.
Speaker 3: No because didn't actually offer it.
Speaker 4: Like Nicky got on there and she she blew a load a bit too quickly. You just go on there and you say like, hey, guys. So sorry. I did tell them that I go to pay for the immediate family, but we don't have the budget to pay for your nephew's uncle's cousin's dog.
Speaker 3: No, she did. She ruined my life in the Kirk chat.
Speaker 5: But I was like, you put your tail between your legs, Nikki Hock, and you go into that group chat and you say it was a false alarmy, you jump the gun, and she did.
Speaker 3: She had to go and say that I'm not paying for everyone.
Speaker 2: It's so awkward.
Speaker 3: I'm so awkward now. But my mother in law, I reckon.
Speaker 4: She had the absolute doozy when it comes to family group chat. So my sister in law, she had just had her first baby, and they just had the baby. A photo got sent to Nana to say congratulations, you're a nana. And Nana looked at the photo and she saw a beautiful baby boy, and she said, you know who's gonna love this photo.
Speaker 3: The whole of the family. Everyone in my phone book. So she put that.
Speaker 4: Very first photo into the family group chat, the extended family group chat, and if you looked beyond the beautiful baby into the background, there it was the gaping hole that the beautiful baby came from Oh No, and it was all on display, bits all for center. The whole thing was there and the entire family got to see my poor dear sister in law's who hush my mom?
Speaker 1: The other day, this is what happened last week added my partner Stephen into the family group chat, but dug up an old family group chat that my ex was in, so she added she added Stephen to the group chat, and then we got the notification.
Speaker 2: Wood at him he left.
Speaker 3: I love so much.
Speaker 5: Please call us if you've had like a family chat gone wrong. I know there are more people out there. This is going to be like a staple in most people's family or.
Speaker 2: Have you been the one that has said the faux pas in the group chat?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't want this turning into like just piling on our parents. Parents do a really good job, guys.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 3: They all deserve it.
Speaker 2: A wall, says the mum in the room. Or take your call's next on the pickup if.
Speaker 3: You were just joining us.
Speaker 5: I've just been telling Mitch and Laura about a little bit of a faux pas my mom did in my wedding planning. She accidentally told my entire extended family that I was going to pay for all their accommodation and my wedding.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a nice thing to do.
Speaker 5: Britt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if that was true.
Speaker 1: You did say for the family, and she thought that was the whole family.
Speaker 5: I said immediate family, and I would have thought we all know what immediate family means. She put it straight in the group chat that I was paying for the cousins, the yarnies, the uncles.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it was, it was a whole thing.
Speaker 5: I immediately messaged my sister Sherry and put her into damage control because I was too embarrassed to go in the group chat and say, sorry, she got it wrong. I'm not paying for you. I messaged my sister and I said, can you go damage control this right now? So Sherry entered the chat and just like worked to magic smoothed everything over.
Speaker 3: Wow, but it's under I was like, Mum, where did you get this from. She's like, oh, I don't know. I guess I just was so excited. I was like, well, my bank account's not that excited. Well, she sees you living like what she thinks.
Speaker 4: She's like, Britney's successful, she can afford to pay and when you say he immediate family, she didn't think extended. She just thought you're biological family. She was like, Brittain, she'll pay for everyone.
Speaker 2: Any blood.
Speaker 1: I love that there's one cousin out there that hasn't seen you for ten Christmases. They're like, oh, BRIT's on the radio now she's paying for our weddings.
Speaker 3: Yeah not how so cute?
Speaker 2: Hey, we were taking your calls. When did you do this?
Speaker 1: Or when have you been on the receiving end of like a text faux part happens to everyone, back happened to you?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 9: I thought I was messaging my husband and I wasn't. We were at a hotel and he was on his phone and I was like, I'll just send him a suggestive test and.
Speaker 8: He looked up and he just looked sick like.
Speaker 9: I was like, what's what happened? And he's like, you just sent that in my family's group.
Speaker 5: With what did you say something about.
Speaker 3: What you want to do later? I'm assuming yes, it was a lot. We have a good beaver. I'm desperate to know what you said. Just say it.
Speaker 9: Oh sister is highly religious too, so it makes it even worse.
Speaker 8: I said me tonight.
Speaker 3: Do you send that to his religious families group chat r?
Speaker 2: I p.
Speaker 1: Amen, Thanks Beck, Yeah, definitely a big man and a hello.
Speaker 2: What happened in the group chat?
Speaker 8: Well, originally my marriage had broken up and we had gone onto a zoom call all the family and my parents their partners, just as a checking seeing how I'm going come off that obviously hard time of my life. And my mum thought she had gone into a WhatsApp chat with my just my dad and said how terrible does Anna look? When actually it was the whole family's group chat.
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 8: The funny thing is nobody said a word. It was just crickets, And even to this day I've had a laugh about it with my sister. Nobody talked about it. It was like, let's just ignore it and it will go away.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. And I hope you're feeling better now.
Speaker 2: I don't think she sounds quite sad about it.
Speaker 3: Happened last week?
Speaker 5: Meet.
Speaker 1: You don't know that sounded all Dana, Hello, what happened to you in the group chat?
Speaker 10: My grandfather in law accidentally said a topless photo of a very busty woman to our extended family group chat. My grandfather in law. He meant to send it to his friend. Oh just like I'm assuming, like a porn star or something. I'm not so.
Speaker 5: Your granddad is out there just sending nudes around to his other grampiece.
Speaker 10: Yeah. Yeah, it was a bit awkward. My uncle actually left the family chat after that.
Speaker 5: I didn't know Grandpa has had like those kind of groove chats. I thought they're talking about who's going to Bingo on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Good on, they're still gonna live.
Speaker 2: A bit, I say, good on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, And we'll put that photo on the pickup socials if anyone's.
Speaker 2: Interested, let's go home. We're done.
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show, podcasted everyone on the iHeartRadio app, just search the pickup and you can listen to your heart's contentment.
Speaker 4: You can. We also had James Bay on the show, which you know, for a lot of people you might love him.
Speaker 2: Laura. Look, we surprised Laura. She didn't realize James in the studio. The moment she realizes that he's standing.
Speaker 3: By her class creamed my pants. Guys. I'm so excited. Music does something to me.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 4: Sorry everyone, anyway, on that note, let's get out of here, change your pants,