Speaker 1: Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: Illo everyone, I'd be Friday.
Speaker 3: Hello everybody.
Speaker 4: Well, the time has finally come, Mitch and Laura. Do you know what it is?
Speaker 1: Not weekend, not time for you yet, but time for me because I am leaving today's pickup and I'm going straight out to Homebush for the tail.
Speaker 3: Stiff concert and I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: Does it give you a little bit of anxiety because I'm going Sunday and I can't wait. Traffic's gonna be bad regardless, but does it give you anxiety that, like Friday afternoon peak hour plus tailor traffic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we finished here at four o'clock and so she's not on un till seven thirty, so it's going to take me three hours to drive from here.
Speaker 2: I'm in a bit of trouble.
Speaker 5: Also, the government have completely reformed the train system, so they have made the Tata Express not joking Express Channel seven. We're going to Toe Takes Race. They're actually playing NonStop Taylor through the carriages.
Speaker 1: That sounds like so much fun. I'm actually jealous now that I'm driving. I want to be on the Ta Takes.
Speaker 2: They're running five minute train.
Speaker 1: Well, I was taken over the world hasn't she out of here? I'm going to I've got my costume in the bag. It's not even an outfit, it's a costume and I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: What do you give us a little taste because we'll see it on your Instagram. But what's the thing?
Speaker 3: What's your era?
Speaker 1: Just well, sparkly, I don't know what's the sparkly era?
Speaker 3: No reptation black, reputations black, I'm under style.
Speaker 2: What nine?
Speaker 3: I'm nineteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's nineteen.
Speaker 1: No way that I feel like it in my bowins right now.
Speaker 3: No, that's what I am. I'm like, shake it off album. That is all me.
Speaker 5: We'll have fun today laws, Thanks guys, I'm there tomorrow, Bridge there, Sunday, Monday.
Speaker 2: We'll give you all the goths from.
Speaker 3: The concept we're going to be talking about, isn't it hey.
Speaker 5: Today on the show? Equal level of fame to Taylor Swift. I reckon Sam Frost.
Speaker 3: And looks similar. Yeah, Australia's Taylor Swift.
Speaker 5: Exactly right. I've been tracking Sam Frost private get and we love her. We've loved her from project to projects. She's an actress, she's a presenter, she's got a new gig. It's exciting and I think it'll surprise you, so we'll get her to tell us all about it.
Speaker 2: Sam Frost joins the pick up next.
Speaker 5: Thanks to Chemists Warehouse heading today get great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Brittain Laura our next guest. We're all a bit excited for aren't we, Because we love her. We love her so much. You'll love her too.
Speaker 5: She's your former Bachelor Australia. Maybe from her work on Home and Away. She's got a very exciting new project. She's going to tell us all about it. The beautiful Sam.
Speaker 6: Frost, thanks so much for having you.
Speaker 4: It is coming in always a pleasure. We love you so much. But I'm very intrigued because we did see you on our screens. There's been a few years, right we saw you. I mean you burst onto the screens on the Bachelor and Bachelorette. Then we all fell in love with you as an actress on Home and Away.
Speaker 3: Then you've sort of disappeared for a couple of years.
Speaker 4: You pro created and you're had a child, you got married, fell in love, all that stuff, all.
Speaker 6: The fun stuff. Yeah, I've just actually been a bit sleep deprived looking after a small child. So that's where I've been. But you know he's worth it. So that's all right, Well Ruda has it.
Speaker 3: You're coming back to our screen.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 6: It's very exciting. I've got a new travel show. Jordie, Ted and I have traveled around Australia and we've got our show. It's called Jordie Salmon Ted's Adventures.
Speaker 4: It's actually so so I feel like it's like like playgroup or something like a preschool show.
Speaker 1: Like the title is Blue House and Rhythm though, like, so Ted is one now, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Your little boy?
Speaker 1: What I noticed when I became a mum is that so often people talk about how you're never gonna do things again. You're never gonna travel, you're never going to sleep, you're never going to X Y Z. But you kind of threw that out the window and you were like, not only am I going to travel, I'm gonna make a TV show about how you can travel with the baby.
Speaker 3: What was that like?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that was exactly why we wanted to do it, because we didn't want our lifestyle to change. Jordie and I love traveling, we love caravanning, and we wanted to take Ted along for the ride, and I think it's exciting to show people, especially young families. You're like, mate, you can still do it. I mean the sleep part you definitely don't get sleep.
Speaker 3: But I can't do that bit.
Speaker 6: You can't do that bit. But apart from that, it's all pretty good.
Speaker 3: You've traveled around the country with a baby.
Speaker 4: Where for a family with kids, out of all the places you've been, is like your number one hotspot where you're like, you should go there as a family, you should experience this with a child.
Speaker 6: I love the Red Center, I love going through the middle of Australia. I love the red dirt, I love the outback. I love learning about our culture and it's just a really cool experience and I love that we got to share that with little Ted.
Speaker 1: Do you know, with having a baby and traveling with a baby, sometimes I think when they can't move, it's actually easier to do it. So in those first few months, like you can achieve so much. But now Ted's won and no doubt he's walking and getting into things and being quite annoying because that's what toddlers do. Like, could you imagine yourself traveling now with him this age?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean You're exactly right. He was just a little blob, so you could just carry him around.
Speaker 3: You're like, God, parenting's so easy. Leave him in a caravan for a while. Yeah, I have a crack in the window.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I mean now he's crawling and he's trying to climb, and he's almost walking. We're actually still caravan, and we caravan down here. We drove the caravan down here my mates. I got up with my mates yesterday and we're at this beautiful dinner and and I was like, I'm saying the caravan. They're like, oh, you can stay with us, and I'm like, I enjoy this, this is fun.
Speaker 3: Stop hitting me, this is great, Sorry for me, And.
Speaker 6: I'm like, no, this is his lifestyle choice. It's so much harder because you can like bang his head. He's climbing and crawling. You always have to grab him. I now understand. You know how you see those kids that have the monkey backpacks.
Speaker 2: The hardest tales, Yeah, delicious.
Speaker 6: And they look like little dogs on leashes. Yeah, I understand that and getting it.
Speaker 1: People say that's cruel, but I actually think it's for the child's best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I'm with you.
Speaker 5: Imagine being like an old couple pulling up to a big forty in the middle of ten Worth.
Speaker 2: That Sam Frott with a child on the lead, a caravan with a child on a terry toweling.
Speaker 3: Che can I can I contribute to this?
Speaker 4: I worked as a nanny in Italy and when I first got there my family, I say, my family that I was nating for. They made me put the kids on leashes with these backpacks and I was mortified because that a thing in Australia. What I can say is it's brilliant, but the kids turn into little shits because they don't understand danger, because they know when they trip you just hold them Mark and they don't they don't hit the ground.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true. Sometimes they have to learn the hard way.
Speaker 4: Loam the mother role model.
Speaker 2: We all need compliments.
Speaker 3: Well, you love having you on the show.
Speaker 2: Sam, You're welcome anytime. It's a Channel seven right. The new show very exciting with a.
Speaker 4: Seven network and it's about March thirty one.
Speaker 3: I'll be watching it.
Speaker 5: Jeordie, Sam and Ted's Adventure. Sam Frost, we love you, thanks for coming on, Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: All right, coming up thirteen one oh six five.
Speaker 1: I want to know whether you think destination weddings are selfish, because there is this one woman online who has gone absolutely viral, and I want to know if she's in the wrong or not.
Speaker 2: Sam for us, what do you think destination weddings selfish? Or I'm all for it?
Speaker 6: Then you have, like the day before, the day after, you have a whole week.
Speaker 2: Of just celebration.
Speaker 3: What if no one wanted to come?
Speaker 2: Too bad?
Speaker 3: So sad?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll pull the country next, all right?
Speaker 3: Thirteen one oh six five.
Speaker 1: I want to know what your opinion is on destination weddings and whether you think that they are a little bit selfish or not.
Speaker 2: Is that supposed to be Hawaiian music?
Speaker 5: Meet?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: I feel like? I'm in an elevator.
Speaker 2: It's kind of nondescript destination.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's pretty Maybe we're in the aeroplane and we're about to go to the destination. Okay, but hear me out. There is a woman online. Her name is Sarah. She has just gone viral. She's from the States, and she has absolutely unleashed on her guest list for her wedding. So she organized a destination wedding. She invited one hundred and fifty people, and of that one hundred and fifty people, only nine people rsvp'ed right that they were going to come. So that's brutal, brutal. So that wedding was supposed to be in Thailand, which can we get out of the elevator? We're off their or So then she changed the location to try and make it closer, to make it slightly more convenient for everyone. She still wanted it to be a destination, but she lives in America. She changed it to Hawaii, sow Whi is a little bit closer, a little bit cheaper for everyone. So ten people are coming, seven people RSVP is that less.
Speaker 3: It's less people than original.
Speaker 1: So this is what she had to say on her post, at the risk of sounding entitled, I have to vent today. When we invited our friends and family to our destination wedding in Thailand, only nine people RSVP'd out of one hundred and fifty, And I get it. Paying three K to share my special day might be too much for some of you, but I'd pay it for yours. But then when we changed the wedding to be in Hawaii so it's within everyone's reach, only seven of you RSVP, it costs less, but less of you want to come? Is that what you think of my partner and me? You can't spare two k to come share our happiness? And then she says that if they're not going to come, she's going to delete them all off Facebook and good luck keeping up with our lives.
Speaker 2: Then what that's mole?
Speaker 1: Is she the mole or is it a Is it a like you know too much to expect that your friends are going to pay this money to come to destination wedding?
Speaker 2: R Yeah, that attitude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think if you're going to have a destination wedding, you have to be completely okay with people saying no.
Speaker 3: There has to be an expectation that people are going to say no. And I know.
Speaker 4: I and also, hang on, I'm actually mad about this when she said when she said you won't even spend two K, I'm calling bullshit. No one is spending two k to get from America to Thailand. Accommodation totally way more presence address health insurance like there is travel adaptors, there is traveled health adjuances, the tourist guidebooks.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I thought when I read this, I was like Okay, only nine or seven people are going to come to your wedding. The reason is because you're an asshole, Like nobody speaks to their friends like this. And if you're the type of person who's going to write a rant like this on your Facebook page where your friends can read it, that's why you.
Speaker 3: Don't have friends want to come to your wedding. I do.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm gonna put it out there because I love you too, and you my closest friends.
Speaker 3: I do hope to.
Speaker 4: Have a destination even just put it out there now, but maybe something like Bali.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I do it for you, but I would know. I like Bali, I'll come there. Yeah, I know that you can.
Speaker 2: Work there, while I like Brent. What's your boyfriend's name?
Speaker 1: He's nice, Peter, Paul, Benjamin, And I know that.
Speaker 4: When you ask people to do that, you have to expect them to not be able to come.
Speaker 5: I agree what people are calling. It's clearly fired up the nation. George, Yet, would you would you do it? Have you have you had a destination wedding?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I would do it and I have had it.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I don't think you can expect everyone to come, and I don't think it's rude to ask it nonetheless, but yeah, you kind of had expectations. Also, it weeds out the people who don't want to come. It weeds out all the people who are kind of like on the periphery of your friendship.
Speaker 3: Georgiett, how many people came to you?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't my wedding.
Speaker 4: I've been to one. I haven't heard one though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but most people were from that location for everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have.
Speaker 1: Many friends in BALI wait, lindsay, no, following Instagram is being selfish by having that?
Speaker 2: Lindsay, Hi, what about you? I agree with the destination wedding.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's elfish at all.
Speaker 1: I think it's rude to be upset with somebody for having a dream wedding.
Speaker 4: But if you are going to have.
Speaker 1: That wedding overseas, you're going to expect that some people can't make it because everybody has budgets. So you need to lead to yeah, okay, what if you were having a destination wedding and only nine of your friends said that they would come out of one hundred and fifty, would you be angry at your friends?
Speaker 3: Or would you be like fair, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'd get it, and I'd think for who I've got more honey, more honeymoon.
Speaker 5: Money, money on the flip side, and you would be so sad if if since people turned up to your wedding, that is so sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your mum wants to come.
Speaker 2: Do you know what, I'm going to have a destination funeral, Mitch.
Speaker 3: Do you want no one at your funeral?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: But I'm going to get my corpse flown to Abu Dhabi and I want I want to have a funeral in the bers Khalifa.
Speaker 2: Mitch.
Speaker 3: I will go. It doesn't matter wherever you take your corpse.
Speaker 2: I will come.
Speaker 3: Laura, I'm not going.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, You're not invited.
Speaker 3: I'm coming to Abu Dhabi my.
Speaker 2: Funeral for a funeral in a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, David Company, I can save up for it. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 2: This is well. Listen, speaking of great radio.
Speaker 5: Next, we are giving the airwaves with the pickup to Britney Hockley.
Speaker 4: Yes, because I have some news, the news that has not only stopped the nation, but the entire world, and I'm really upsetly we haven't spoken about it here yet at the pickup.
Speaker 5: I don't know how I feel about this, Laura, about what what we're about to broadcast to the world.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I'm sorry that I want to bring some news and education. This has literally what I'm about to tell you has not only stopped Australia, but has stopped the entire world.
Speaker 3: It's just the greatest mystery of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: To give some context, every every week and like every day when we're in the show, we had this group chat where we throw in all of our ideas and we all kind of toss it into one pot and then we pull out the best things. Every single day, Britt has sent the same article and then all the updates of the article because she has been desperate to talk about it that has been vetoed up until this point.
Speaker 5: Honest to god, Producer Grace So turned your microphone on. She has sent this to you personally outside the group.
Speaker 4: I had to take her aside personally and be like, Britt, what's going on with this?
Speaker 3: I need to know do you have like personal investments.
Speaker 2: In this, like are getting paid?
Speaker 3: Is there somewhere you want to take this specifically?
Speaker 4: Am I a sting ray that is pregnant. No, Grace, I don't have a personal investment. Okay, let me tell you the story, and I think every listener is gonna be on the edge of their seat. If you haven't heard, but it's as publicized as Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you've heard it.
Speaker 4: The Great, the Great sting ray. The great stingray Mystery of twenty twenty four. There is a female sting ray in an aquarium. His name is Charlotte. It's a beautiful looking sting ray, very long stinger. She has fallen pregnant, which is amazing, right.
Speaker 3: We love that Charlotte. We're so happy.
Speaker 2: Did she struggle?
Speaker 4: Well, funny you should ask Mitch. The mystery is she's in a tank with no stingrays, no other sting rays, and only sharks. So everyone is like, how the hell did this sting ray get pregnant?
Speaker 3: The immaculate shark conception.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, I've wanted to talk about this for so long, and because I haven't been allowed, so many other things have happened updates fast. The scientists around the world. Stingray scientists didn't quite know how this happened, so they thought that she had bite marks on her from a shark, and sharks are known to bite when they have sex, so mating season.
Speaker 2: I also think they're just known to bite for stuff.
Speaker 4: Yes, but when they have sex they bite. So there was a theory going around that this is the first shark ray and I think that's actually a thing.
Speaker 3: Sting shark.
Speaker 1: What's gonna come out like just a big gnashing teeth and a skinner?
Speaker 5: Wait, hold on, so you want to talk about a pregnant sting ray that's fathered.
Speaker 2: By a shark.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, is that not mind blowing?
Speaker 2: It's actually pretty I'm got into it.
Speaker 3: I mean it's interesting. Yes, listen, where are we taking this? It gets well, it gets better, thanks for asking.
Speaker 4: So, so a lot of scientist jump on board. A lot of scientists jump and they're like, look, there's that didn't happen. There's no way it cannot scientifically happen. A shark has not mated with a sting rays. Everyone's like, well, how the hell has it happened? Apparently there's something called parthenogenesis that some other animals do. Bear with me, Amphibians, some birds and fish. They they sex themselves.
Speaker 2: Wow, there's everybody.
Speaker 5: Else They've always got a bit fishy, always felt like I could some birds.
Speaker 4: They do, so it is incredible, scientifically incredible. They are falling pregnant and reproducing multiple pups, because a pupp is what a stingray baby is called. Without just alone at session at the back of the aquarium and they've produced pups. But I want to add to this one more thing. Did you know stingrays? And there's something to be said for this breathe Did you know stingrays? What they do when it's mating season is they just go healthful leather, right. They just have sex with so much Listen, they have sex with so many other stingrays. Then when they fall pregnant, which is three to four months, they carry multiple pups to all different fathers. You can have as many in there from different dads in the one pregnancy.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: You're not impressed, Laura, I am impressed, But I think there's nothing more beautiful in life than seeing someone really excited about something. And my true joy from this is coming from your level of excitement around Charlotte and her babies.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll give you an update next week because she absolutely going to Taylor.
Speaker 3: Birth in one week ago she impregnated herself. Incredible.
Speaker 4: Let's get her on the line, Hi, Charlotte, she's here on the phone.
Speaker 2: Hi Charlotte, that's under the sea.
Speaker 1: You know what, that's probably enough from us, and I'm going to go to Taylor Swift now, is that okay?
Speaker 3: Can I leave?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 5: Who actually would have loved the story of Charlotte, because, to be honest, at its core, it's a feminist story.
Speaker 3: Taylor, I don't need no man, Swift, you don't.
Speaker 2: Need a man coming the tank coming straight.
Speaker 3: She gets down with her self and the quarrium. Okay, we are getting canceled.
Speaker 2: Please join us next week. Say that